Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

Wow. After reading all of this, am I glad I’ve been married for 48 years to the same man! This is way too complicated and stressful for me to even think about. I don’t know how you single ladies even navigate dating these days!

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Wow. After reading all of this, am I glad I’ve been married for 48 years to the same man! 

Congrats to you both, Gam2!

Edited by film noire
because "gam" in all caps looked like i was screaming
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I am betting we’re gonna see every moment of boozing they filmed prior to Christmas Eve Eve in the new season! 

Where is Lu?

Who was the guy? 

Luann is currently in rehab and no one has named the guy.

• Love 6

I'm not going to get into the morality issue of one night stands.  I worry about the behavior from a safety point.  There are all sorts of crazies out there that prey on women that engage in that type of behavior.  There is also the threat of STDs (and don't come at me with the safe sex argument because condoms don't provide 100% protection against all STDs). 67% of the world population has herpes. Forget asking about whether or not a guy is married.  I'm more concerned about whether or not he plans to murder me, rob me, and give me an STD. 

• Love 16

Kinda curious how the cast is gonna judge Lu.  NOTHING on any of their Twitters on this.  Well, Sonja retweeted Lu's dopey phony-baloney statement.  But that's it.  Wonder if Satan Andy ordered them all to keep their yaps shut about it & save it all up for the show.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Kinda curious how the cast is gonna judge Lu.  NOTHING on any of their Twitters on this.  Well, Sonja retweeted Lu's dopey phony-baloney statement.  But that's it.  Wonder if Satan Andy ordered them all to keep their yaps shut about it & save it all up for the show.

I think it is a pretty slippery slope since last year at the Reunion Andy and the ladies regaled in how the trip to Mexico courtesy of Bethenny and her booze company was the drunkest, best ever girls trip in RH history.  The only one not drunk and stupid on the trip at some point was Carole.  Dorinda is advertising her bar party, Ramona is drinking in Palm Beach with a drink shout out to Dorinda,, Sonja was staying in NYE to watch Anderson and Andy (it took Andy to join Anderson to have me miss Kathy Griffin), Bethenny is dispensing device and hanging in Aspen.  Over the years Dorinda, Sonja, Tinsley and Ramona have all been accused of drinking issues so it is probably a topic they aren't terribly comfortable discussing.  Andy does a nightly show with a drinking game so what can these folks say?  Wasn't the season previous about John and Dorinda doing drugs according to Sonja and Bethenny?  

I would hope they privately all wished her well.  Well except Carole she pretty much ignores Luann.  The one to listen for will be the one to make the pious statement about worrying about Luann's drinking for a long time.  Worry meaning, when not capitalizing on her drinking behavior.  

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think Lu is in rehab yet. She was on social media just yesterday, and AFAIK, that's a no-no in resident programs. 

Luann may very well have an assistant or family friend doing her social media.  Most residential programs allow some phone time-usually from a facility phone.  I know people who get calls all the time from loved ones in rehab.  There seems to be time allotted for them to communicate with the outside world.  From what I have gathered it is the norm they not receive calls in rehab.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it is a pretty slippery slope since last year at the Reunion Andy and the ladies regaled in how the trip to Mexico courtesy of Bethenny and her booze company was the drunkest, best ever girls trip in RH history.  The only one not drunk and stupid on the trip at some point was Carole.  Dorinda is advertising her bar party, Ramona is drinking in Palm Beach with a drink shout out to Dorinda,, Sonja was staying in NYE to watch Anderson and Andy (it took Andy to join Anderson to have me miss Kathy Griffin), Bethenny is dispensing device and hanging in Aspen.  Over the years Dorinda, Sonja, Tinsley and Ramona have all been accused of drinking issues so it is probably a topic they aren't terribly comfortable discussing.  Andy does a nightly show with a drinking game so what can these folks say?  Wasn't the season previous about John and Dorinda doing drugs according to Sonja and Bethenny?  

I would hope they privately all wished her well.  Well except Carole she pretty much ignores Luann.  The one to listen for will be the one to make the pious statement about worrying about Luann's drinking for a long time.  Worry meaning, when not capitalizing on her drinking behavior.  

I don't think they have to worry about looking hypocritical or breaking new ground here. This show has always just come right how and talked about the gals when it looks like there is trouble. I don't remember what season it was, but there was much conversation about whether or not Ramona had a drinking problem. Maybe the season where she threw the glass at Kristen? She always seemed to be looking for her Pinot and she was just straight up asked if she had a problem at the reunion. Of course they have always talked about Sonja, to the point where she decided (or pretended depending on who you ask) to not drink around these gals because she was sick of being called a drunk. Dorinda has been accused of not only having an issue with alcohol, but the white powdery substance as well. Even Tinsley was asked about her drinking at the reunion last year. With the exception of Bethenny and Carole, they have all had folks questioning if they had a problem. It sounds like Luann is just the first to admit that "yes", she in fact does have a problem. My guess is they all had a good long laugh about the end of the reign of The Countess, but that publicly they show nothing but support and kindness. 

Even Carole. I disagree that she mostly ignores Luann. She gave her a lovely gift after her engagement, and even Luann said she was the most supportive of her. And considering that Carole had the least reason to ever be supportive of Luann and her love life, this was impressive to me. 

• Love 5
On 12/31/2017 at 10:58 PM, HunterHunted said:

The guy was Ramona's guest. Where Luann irritated me was her refusal to acknowledge that Heather's and Carole's concerns about this strange man being there had any validity. I know some people thought Heather and Carole were being hysterical, especially because they thought production would step in and protect the women. All I have to say about that is Bachelor in Paradise. 

The other thing I thought was really strange was how Lu turned paranoid that Heather and Carole were trying to catch her with a guy. It makes me wonder if her hooking up with these dudes is that constant and pathological. Or if she's that delusional about what happened with Tomas. Hint, no one was trying to catch her; she busted herself when the cameras were rolling and the mics were hot. I'm sure her children don't love to be reminded that she has sex, but they aren't unaware that she does, especially after she screwed Tomas. Furthermore, if she's that concerned about her kids knowing about her sex life, bring a vibrator on these trips. The cameras are on them from 9am until at least midnight and sometimes later on these trips. RHoOC kept a camera in reserve on a recent trip because they knew Vicki would be back late. The entire purpose of the crew is to try to catch you doing things. If having her sex life documented like that bothers her, she needs to have some self control. Her inability to control her behavior in the way she wants is what I think she needs therapy for. 

Agree 100% with this

These Bravo trips are not that long, they are probably only few days, Luann knows that the house is set up for filming purposes and that it is the job of the filming crew to catch the most juicy and scandalous behaviors, so I am not sure why is it so difficult for her to just refrain from picking up a guy until she is back on safe territory. 

Every body is focused on the alcohol rehab, I am sure it is based on her lawyer's advice, but I do hope that and an unintended effect of her detox that she starts with the process of thinking about why she has such intense need to find value through a male. 

Luann is a wealthy woman, with social connections, she is beautiful and attractive, she (for the most part) dresses well for her body type and she seems fun and easy to carry with a conversation. Luann is at her best when she relaxed and laid back, but as soon as she gets desperate, she loses all her appeal IMO. 

I hated the Luann of the first 5 seasons, snobby, arrogant and hypocrite, but then when the charade of her open marriage was over, Luann started to be relaxed and fun for a couple of seasons and I really changed my opinion of her, she was fun and she was in a committed relationship with Jacques but in no hurry to get married. 

The last two seasons, Luann went back to the old Luann, she gloated about Tom, she lorded it over all the other ladies, how she was engaged and in love and they were not, she never missed a chance to remind them of that and well, last season with the wedding and all of that, her bragging again became too much. 

If Luann just allows herself to be a strong, single, independent woman after this rehab period, then I think she stands a chance to reinvent herself, but if she continues with the route of being a desperate female in look of a male validation then she will never find the true value of her. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I don't think they have to worry about looking hypocritical or breaking new ground here. This show has always just come right how and talked about the gals when it looks like there is trouble. I don't remember what season it was, but there was much conversation about whether or not Ramona had a drinking problem. Maybe the season where she threw the glass at Kristen? She always seemed to be looking for her Pinot and she was just straight up asked if she had a problem at the reunion. Of course they have always talked about Sonja, to the point where she decided (or pretended depending on who you ask) to not drink around these gals because she was sick of being called a drunk. Dorinda has been accused of not only having an issue with alcohol, but the white powdery substance as well. Even Tinsley was asked about her drinking at the reunion last year. With the exception of Bethenny and Carole, they have all had folks questioning if they had a problem. It sounds like Luann is just the first to admit that "yes", she in fact does have a problem. My guess is they all had a good long laugh about the end of the reign of The Countess, but that publicly they show nothing but support and kindness. 

Even Carole. I disagree that she mostly ignores Luann. She gave her a lovely gift after her engagement, and even Luann said she was the most supportive of her. And considering that Carole had the least reason to ever be supportive of Luann and her love life, this was impressive to me. 

It is going to be a carefully edited post holiday film schedule.  For the drinking foursome that remain I am sure the producers are just waiting for them to say something about how concerned they are about Luann's drinking, or they will have flashbacks to one or more of them making comments about how Luann holds her liquor or her hollow leg.  Here is what is going to be unusual-I am certain the first part of filming revolves around Bethenny's humanitarian pursuits.  Bethenny had the support of all the cast.  There will some about the end of Luann's marriage but I can't see the cast wanting it to drive the seasons-after two full seasons of Tom.  Carole and Adam are done.  Carole claiming to be writing a book has kind of fizzled since she has claimed to be working on no less than three books since her second book was published.   A third book from Carole seems about as likely as a toaster oven from Sonja.  Dorinda has little going on as does Ramona.  I guess Ramona will be yet another season of her looking for love.  I would think after four seasons it might be time to pull the plug on that story line.  The producers might be able to side step the whole Luann story by having her do another one on one with Andy post rehab, complete with all the legal caveats about an on-going case.  I don't think they can avoid it anymore then they could avoid mention of Kelly's arrest-which came up at the Reunion.

The gift was nice-but Carole also put out that Luann's relationship with Tom was just for the show.   She went to the engagement party to report back to Bethenny.   After Tom and Luann split-Carole didn't contact Luann.  I do not think Carole cares one bit for Luann and after Luann accused Bethenny of being a hypocrite about dating a married man she really has not had any real scenes with Luann.  Luann stayed out of the election stuff.  They just seem to me to stay out of each other's way.  I doubt Luann went out of her way to send any kind of well wishes to Carole after her split with Adam-the most normal relationship on the show, according to Carole.  

Sonja does a weird deal where she gives a drinking for a certain part of the year.   She may be more of an episodic drinker. I have my own personal classifications for these women and their drinking patterns.  Ramona is definitely a maintenance drinker.  Anyone who claims their diet and fitness regime has to allow for daily imbibing of wine, might just want to think why that is a necessary nutrient.  Dorinda allegedly drinks early in the day and then takes a nap, goes out and drinks all over again.  Tinsley just admits to drinking excessively-I guess she will get her story line from comparing mug shots with Luann. It will be interesting to see if Luann's drinking increased a great deal after her split with Tom or if she had major issues during the marriage and courtship.  There were clues such as her kind of plumping up in the months leading up to the wedding, not coming down for dinner in Mexico, after drinking all afternoon.  

Luann's drinking has given this show major stories- first the pirate and the morning after hangover and the hot mic, then there was drunken Luann at the "f-word" dinner party, who even Sonja commented on the Countess being "tipsy" who then went out on the town and brought a guy back and now arrested Luann.

What would the franchise do without Luann?  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm not going to get into the morality issue of one night stands.  I worry about the behavior from a safety point.  There are all sorts of crazies out there that prey on women that engage in that type of behavior.  There is also the threat of STDs (and don't come at me with the safe sex argument because condoms don't provide 100% protection against all STDs). 67% of the world population has herpes. Forget asking about whether or not a guy is married.  I'm more concerned about whether or not he plans to murder me, rob me, and give me an STD. 

OMG, 100 times YES!!!! 

I am not a germaphobic but I have learned a very hard lesson thru my step daughter. Lovely 19 year old girl, hadn't had any experience before (I tend to believe her), felt in love with a guy and of course sex was the natural consequence. Few days after her first time she came to me and told me that she had a very hard time going to the bathroom and that it hurt when she pee, I thought she has a UTI and advise her to make an appointment with the doctor, that was in the morning, in the afternoon we were in the ER room, she was in excruciating pain, had fever and I thought for sure it was a very bad UTI. It was not :( 

The guy had given her herpes, even though she swears they used protection, her case was so bad that she stayed in the hospital for five days, bless her heart, she was absolutely humiliated, my husband flipped so badly and wanted to find that guy and probably kill him until we found out that for most males herpes present no symptoms, the guy probably was completely unaware that he had it and was passing it along. She got so depressed that we had to insist on her visiting a counselor, it took her several years to get out of her depression. Anytime she dated, she had to inform the possible prospect that she had herpes. People at the hospital told her it was her responsibility to let it be known, as soon as the guy would heard such news they were gone. For years her life was miserable, having to take daily medication, thinking that she might never find someone who truly love her and could see past this, luckily she did find a wonderful guy but it took years. 

Now, my daughters are 14 and 10 and I am dreading the time when they start being sexually active. I just can't imagine being so careless about hooking up with so many different guys. STDs are a very serious matter and I wish more could be done to prevent them. If anything were to happen to my husband and I started dating again it probably would not work for me because any guy who wants to be intimate with me would have to go with me to the nearest clinic and get tested with a full battery of STDs, that would kill all romance I am sure but I am just not willing to take any risks at all. 

• Love 10

Am I the only one that doesn't particularly care if these gals have a "storyline" or not? They don't have to actually be doing anything monumental in their lives that is different or more interesting than anyone else for me to enjoy watching them. I think that sometimes the lure of bringing something "different" each season is what ends up making it all seem so contrived. The reality is - at least with this particular group - with the exception of Bethenny, they don't actually work for a living (outside of the show). Although it seems like Tinsley mentioned having some sort of job that we never saw her doing. They lunch, spend time with their families, take fabulous vacations, shop, and maintain themselves. That is pretty much what they all do. And when they are doing that I find them highly entertaining. Luann didn't need to pretend like she was actually considering birthing a baby. Or pick out a dude that had already gone out with a couple of her co-workers to get a storyline. Her best and most authentic season by far was when she was just hanging around with everyone. I don't care if Carole writes a book or not. She doesn't need to tease me because it doesn't matter. If she just wants to hang out in her apartment or with her friends, that is fine by me. 

Dorinda is the smartest of all these chicks. She has done basically nothing on the show, yet is still very interesting to me. She had the gang up to The Berkshire's her first season, and year after year she gets the same group trip. She gets to show off her house, host the drama, and usually a large part of the rest of the season goes back to something that happened on her trip. Yet it isn't something she made up, or pretended to care about. 

• Love 20
48 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Oh I am up to speed on those deets, I want more scoop! The more that time ticks by the more likely this is to come out. Enough people must know...............

I am wondering whether it was a hotel employee or a married man or both.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what is going to be unusual-I am certain the first part of filming revolves around Bethenny's humanitarian pursuits.  Bethenny had the support of all the cast.  There will some about the end of Luann's marriage but I can't see the cast wanting it to drive the seasons-after two full seasons of Tom.  

I think it might have been shaping up to be a charity season (somewhere, Leanne Locken is hissing"Your charity world will come crashing down!") because several of the women were focusing on humanitarian work: Frankel and Puerto Rico, Carole training/running the marathon to raise money for animal rescue,  Luann working with the Red Cross on the ground, and (the greatest humanitarian act of all) Ramona finally appearing in public with shorter hair (THE WORLD REJOICED!)  The end of Luann's marriage would have dove-tailed well with that framework (like the t-shirt she was hawking: "From Countess to Wife to Reclaming My Life") but rehab could work as well ("From royalty to rehab, I've lived it all"). 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Ramona finally appearing in public with shorter hair (THE WORLD REJOICED!)

Ramona cut her awful hair?  Thank God!  Now if she can lose the dreadful pink stain she wears on her lips--the one that washes her skin out and adds 10 years--she'll commence to look like something.

I've nothing against LuAnn.  I don't dislike her.  But I do think some of her behaviour is risky to say the least.  And I regret that a lot of it is either on camera or otherwise not private.  Because that is not a great example to set Victoria.  And that's a shame.  Because in other ways I thought and still think she's a pretty good mom.  I remember when Ramona was throwing that Ramonarama Sweet 16 for Avery and LuAnn did something much more low-key, appropriate and informal for her daughter.  I really was impressed by that.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

"Shit happens" - Luann DeLesseps 

:) 

Edited by AnnaL
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

All that has been disclosed is it is someone Luann previously dated.   I would say hotel employee is probably not in the running.  If it were someone who were married it would be a hugely stupid thing to do to go with a very drunk woman to a hotel room.  I hope this hotel has cameras-I would love to see what Luann was up to in the bar and the elevator. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

All that has been disclosed is it is someone Luann previously dated.   I would say hotel employee is probably not in the running.  If it were someone who were married it would be a hugely stupid thing to do to go with a very drunk woman to a hotel room.  I hope this hotel has cameras-I would love to see what Luann was up to in the bar and the elevator. 

Zoeymom, you seem to know a lot about television so maybe you can answer this, honest question. 

If there was any footage of the bar, elevator, hallway, etc about this incident, could Bravo get their little grubby hands on the tapes or would it be seal pending the outcome of the court date?  

I mean, if Bravo could score those tapes I am thinking they would be as happy as pigs in shit, Bravo rejoices in these women bad behavior so I am sure they would love it, but can they show it? 

Sorry, my SVU colors are showing, love tape evidence :)  

If so, in the immortal words of Time Gunn, "Let's get to work Bravo" 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

That is exactly what is missing from my questioning mind. Photos and footage. 

• Love 4

OK everyone, 1) This is the Lu topic, please keep it to posting about Lu, if you want to talk about Bethenny take it to her topic. 2) We've already asked you agree to disagree and to stop going in circles. Posts have been hidden. Warnings have been issued. Please move along. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

All that has been disclosed is it is someone Luann previously dated. 

The problem with that statement is that it came from Luann or someone she knows.  Odds are 50/50 or imo 70/30 that its true. My money is that its not true.

As I have previously posted, with Luann there is always "someone she dated, an old boyfriend or a group of Italians just waiting in the wings. Doesn't matter where she is either so they must travel with her too.   

23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Photos and footage. 

I am sure the hotel does not want footage of some DeMessuped woman staggering around with some guy released. Not exactly good publicity.

The state of Florida does however have very liberal laws regarding releasing information such as police footage and jailhouse phone calls so chances are we might get a treat soon.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I am sure the hotel does not want footage of some DeMessuped woman staggering around with some guy released. Not exactly good publicity.

The state of Florida does however have very liberal laws regarding releasing information such as police footage and jailhouse phone calls so chances are we might get a treat soon.

I agree that the hotel will not want to release any footage as it might scare off guests who value their privacy. 

Oh I do hope that you are correct and the state allows what the police and jailhouse to be published or leaked. It might dissuade other PB wannabes (minor celebrities) from coming onto their island and messing up. 

• Love 2

The problem with that statement is that it came from Luann or someone she knows.

Why is that a problem, though? Whoever the guy is, it doesn't change what Luann did, nor likely the opinions on her sexuality.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

Zoeymom, you seem to know a lot about television so maybe you can answer this, honest question. 

If there was any footage of the bar, elevator, hallway, etc about this incident, could Bravo get their little grubby hands on the tapes or would it be seal pending the outcome of the court date?  

I mean, if Bravo could score those tapes I am thinking they would be as happy as pigs in shit, Bravo rejoices in these women bad behavior so I am sure they would love it, but can they show it? 

Sorry, my SVU colors are showing, love tape evidence :)  

If so, in the immortal words of Time Gunn, "Let's get to work Bravo" 

The defense might subpoena them to show Luann's state of mind when she went into the room.  At the bare minimum they usually have tape of the hallways of the hotel and the elevator.  

Parties who might get tapes. . . the hotel would probably be unwilling to share with Bravo. The defense and/or prosecution could subpoena the tapes.  There could be liability questions with over serving Luann?  I was thinking there might be some bystander that might have video of Luann being put in the police cruiser-better yet her alleged momentary escape.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, jaync said:

Why is that a problem, though? Whoever the guy is, it doesn't change what Luann did, nor likely the opinions on her sexuality.

The problem strictly imo is that it is not true.  She is the boy who cried wolf.

2 minutes ago, jaync said:

I think to some it might, or Luann and her crew think that it might. When her friend (who is the one who said it was someone that Luann use to date) said this, she said "it's not big deal because it's someone she use to date". The thought, I am assuming, being that folks would look at the hook-up differently if it was someone she use to date, vs. someone she just picked up in a bar. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Luann in the clink.

wttw_1343053248.thumb.jpg.8ebf596e8aa994ebe7b60e38eb9d2471.jpg

LOL 

I wouldn't put it past Luann to ask for the best cell in the penitentiary. 

You know, with her being newly divorce and everything, I know the warden will understand, LOL 

• Love 20

The problem strictly imo is that it is not true.

So, there isn't a 50/50 or 70/30 chance that it could be true? Anyway, I'm still not seeing why it's an actual "problem". *shrugs*

• Love 2

Regarding the guy 

We don't know much about him but we do know according to Julie Olson that he was a guy in his twenties, and an ex BF of Luann. We also know that Julie doesn't know his name as she said that much. 

What I can assume of this guy is that he is not an A^%hole like Luann because when he was asked to leave he actually did and not only he left, he tried to convince Luann to leave and when she refused to listen to him, he went to get Julie so she could try to convince Luann. He didn't get arrested so that is another plus. He tried his best and if Luann would have listen she could have been spared of this embarrassment. 

The issue is not about they being intimate, they are both consenting adults so whatever they do is their business. They might have made an honest mistake at the beginning entering the wrong room, but as soon as they got alerted by hotel personnel about their mistake, he actually listened to them and evacuated the place so he is a much better person than Luann, that much I can conclude. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, quaintirene said:

Ramona cut her awful hair?

She wore it to look short (and just for one night -  sorry to get your hopes up - pictures are posted in Ramona's thread, if you're interested ;)

This just got a whole lot more interesting - Luann pled not guilty (I knew that line about "actions alleged in the police report" in her apology was to set up wiggle-room):

"Countess Luann de Lesseps, one of the stars of "The Real Housewives of New York City," has pled not guilty in her allegedly drunken rampage case.  In docs obtained by TMZ,  Luann entered her plea in Florida just a few days before New Year's. Luann was charged with 5 crimes, 4 of which are felonies...Luann, who apologized and later checked into rehab, has also hired Tiger Woods' attorney Doug Duncan to rep her."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/02/real-housewives-new-york-luann-de-lesseps-pleads-not-guilty/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, film noire said:

She wore it to look short (and just for one night -  sorry to get your hopes up - pictures are posted in Ramona's thread, if you're interested ;)

This just got a whole lot more interesting - Luann pled not guilty (I knew that line about "actions alleged in the police report" in her apology was to set up wiggle-room):

"Countess Luann de Lesseps, one of the stars of "The Real Housewives of New York City," has pled not guilty in her allegedly drunken rampage case.  In docs obtained by TMZ,  Luann entered her plea in Florida just a few days before New Year's. Luann was charged with 5 crimes, 4 of which are felonies...Luann, who apologized and later checked into rehab, has also hired Tiger Woods' attorney Doug Duncan to rep her."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/02/real-housewives-new-york-luann-de-lesseps-pleads-not-guilty/

Wow, that was quick (the hearing). I wonder if she is going to deny what was in the police report or is this a normal thing for this sort of case?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wow, that was quick (the hearing). I wonder if she is going to deny what was in the police report or is this a normal thing for this sort of case?

I think it was probably a formal arraignment so her attorney could make an appearance-she was unrepresented by counsel at her initial arraignment.  I have never seen a defense attorney agree to what is in the police report.  I doubt this was any type of evidentiary hearing.  Just an arraignment on the formal charges.  Seems like she is breaking the bank with her choice of counsel.

There is this from her brother:  http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/26/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-resurfaces-christmas-drunken-rampage-arrest/  They seemed to be dressed for warm weather-I wonder where they are?  

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, film noire said:

I would be saying alleged.  There can be very important misstatements of material fact that make all the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor. No one in their right mind would plead straight up to an initial filing.  There is lots of wiggle room in this case for deal making.  I guess we can expect (or not) a statement from her attorney in the near future.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I might be wrong but I have seen enough episodes of Law and Order to know that no matter what you always plead not guilty, that is the first step to reach a plea that will drop most of charges and allow you for a gracious plea. 

Now Luann doesn't have a record so she should be able to get a plea that orders rehab (which she is already doing) and maybe anger management being that she assaulted the police officer , maybe some community service as well. Upon completion of those requirements then the D.A. probably will drop the charges and just set up some probation, maybe even no probation at all. 

Now if Luann's attorney is a bad ass and for some unknown reason there is no video evidence of any of these incidents, he might even be able to get her off on some BS technicality and then she will be free to go. It happens. 

• Love 5
On 12/26/2017 at 0:19 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Not for me! No one was really hurt (Luann's pride doesn't count) so what the hell, have fun with it, I say.

I anticipate a lot of forced, unnecessary (but entirely funny) uses of the word "kick."   As in "I get a kick out of Luann" or "don't kick Luann when she's down" just to be snarky.  That's all I got for now. As more details emerge, hopefully perhaps more material will become available.

I'm looking forward to Tinsley clearing up any confusion regarding where exactly Luann was when she got busted, too ... Lu totally deserves some shade for finally making it onto the island, only to be arrested. Ha!

I wonder if Tinsley will say anything about the fact that if Luann had actually been a real resident of the island, the Palm Beach police would probably not have hauled her in. It's a rather poorly kept secret that when a Palm Beacher gets stopped for a DUI or merits a drunk and disorderly charge, they are (quite often) just quietly taken home instead of arrested.  Although I'm not sure how the Palm Beach police might respond to a local trying to kick them ... that might be too much to overlook.  But one thing is for sure ... no damn way was a non-resident getting away with it, that's for sure!  They have an extremely low tolerance rate for riff raff crossing the bridge and making trouble in their precious little hamlet.  Seriously, if you're not driving a fancy shiny expensive new car on the island after dark you can expect to get pulled over for some bullshit reason. That or the cops will tail you until you feel so much pressure you just leave the island ... lovely little town, isn't it?

I''m in Delray (actually Highland Beach, not sure if you're local to know the area :)  - I don't cross a bridge to get to PB, just travel about 7 miles up the coast,  and I wouldn't think for one second that I"m not riff raff in the eyes of the hamlet dwellers.  POINT:  you don't have to cross a bridge to be considered garbage by those snooty a-holes.  

• Love 4
On 12/28/2017 at 4:58 AM, Ellee said:

I’m thinking Sonja will comment through her spokesperson Page Six, Ramona will keep all of her comments on her phone for easy access, B won’t say anything until she can bring up how she is in the midst of her own issues on camera, and Andy will wait just long enough to find out what the climate is like surrounding LuLu.  If we are too hard on her, he will be .... if we are understanding and sympathetic, he will try to be.

Does Andy do sympathetic?

freaking hilarious!!!!  

• Love 6

I might be wrong but I have seen enough episodes of Law and Order to know that no matter what you always plead not guilty, that is the first step to reach a plea that will drop most of charges and allow you for a gracious plea. 

Maybe in real life, but if the main perps/suspects on L&O took pleas, then there wouldn't have been any trial scenes, and Sam Waterson wouldn't have had a job.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, jaync said:

Maybe in real life, but if the main perps/suspects on L&O took pleas, then there wouldn't have been any trial scenes, and Sam Waterson wouldn't have had a job.

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime, and the district attorneys, who prosecute -- never mind, they pled out." 

BOM BOM

21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I would be saying alleged.  There can be very important misstatements of material fact that make all the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor. 

That's a good point --I just felt like that line, in a public apology, had a hedging-my-bets quality to it.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, jaync said:

LOL, I love Sam Waterson. My husband hates him. 

I am just amazed because you can go to trial, go every step of the way and even towards the end take a plea for a lesser charge. It is fascinating how our system works, if you have an excellent lawyer, you can get away with almost anything. I am 100% sure that Luann will be okay, she has the money to hire the best lawyers. 

"I never fell guilty about being privileged" - I am sure you don't Luann, I am sure. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

LOL, I love Sam Waterson. My husband hates him. 

I am just amazed because you can go to trial, go every step of the way and even towards the end take a plea for a lesser charge. It is fascinating how our system works, if you have an excellent lawyer, you can get away with almost anything. I am 100% sure that Luann will be okay, she has the money to hire the best lawyers. 

"I never fell guilty about being privileged" - I am sure you don't Luann, I am sure. 

I have yet to hear someone of privilege say they felt guilty about it, ever! LOL

• Love 4