Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It is kind of funny. The article mentions that story from Page Six, yet she doesn't deny anything in the article or try to clarify the slap. Seems like she would have wanted to get out in front of that, since the point of her interview with People seemed to be the allegations in the original story. Very interesting indeed. 

Or she didn't give a statement to People regarding this recent page 6 story and People just ran with old comments she made. Why didn't the people writer ask specifics and then print the question as well as any answer she gave? Something is off with this People article IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She probably doesn't want to go on the record denying it because she fears Bethenny has it on videotape.

If it did happen, I am sure Bethenny has video of it, her spies/informants/sources are everywhere and we will hear about it at the reunion.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If it did happen, I am sure Bethenny has video of it, her spies/informants/sources are everywhere and we will hear about it at the reunion.

Or maybe it is just true that Lu and her man, who was making out with another gal days before their engagement party, are having a hard time in their relationship and acted poorly in a restaurant, where folks who were not Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny or Carole, were dining. Seems just as likely as the premise that Bethenny had hired hands roaming NY City looking for an opportunity to find dirt on Lu. Honestly, is this all so hard to believe? Lu likes to drink (as we will see this week). Her man likes to drink. People can forget themselves when they drink. After 5 years on a reality TV show Lu forgot she was wearing a mic when she set up her lie about the Pirate, who she went after on camera while in a committed relationship with someone else. So the fact that this could happen, and not be the fault of any of the other gals seems very plausible to me. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Or maybe it is just true that Lu and her man, who was making out with another gal days before their engagement party, are having a hard time in their relationship and acted poorly in a restaurant, where folks who were not Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny or Carole, were dining. Seems just as likely as the premise that Bethenny had hired hands roaming NY City looking for an opportunity to find dirt on Lu. Honestly, is this all so hard to believe? Lu likes to drink (as we will see this week). Her man likes to drink. People can forget themselves when they drink. After 5 years on a reality TV show Lu forgot she was wearing a mic when she set up her lie about the Pirate, who she went after on camera while in a committed relationship with someone else. So the fact that this could happen, and not be the fault of any of the other gals seems very plausible to me. 

We have never seen Luann become physically violent with anyone, even when Ramona pulled the stunt on her about Victoria's bad teen behavior, so I'm not convinced she slapped Tom. Maybe it happened but then again, maybe it is just another lie started by someone upset at Luann or Tom. I am sure Andy will bring it up on WWHL after the show on Wed, when Luann is on and we can hear what she has to say about it then.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Or she didn't give a statement to People regarding this recent page 6 story and People just ran with old comments she made. Why didn't the people writer ask specifics and then print the question as well as any answer she gave? Something is off with this People article IMO. 

she put out a today statement on bravo stating they are very much in love and are working on their marriage (not exactly her verbage but close enough.  she didn't particularly address the slapping rumor

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

she put out a today statement on bravo stating they are very much in love and are working on their marriage (not exactly her verbage but close enough.  she didn't particularly address the slapping rumor

That reads like it was taken directly from the People article. LOL I am sure Andy will ask her about the "slap" on WWHL this Wed. after the show. LOL

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

That reads like it was taken directly from the People article. LOL I am sure Andy will ask her about the "slap" on WWHL this Wed. after the show. LOL

you could be right.  i just don't see her slapping anyone...not her style unlike ramona.  didn't ramona slap a member of production on the 2nd season? or am i thinking of another franchise? 

• Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

you could be right.  i just don't see her slapping anyone...not her style unlike ramona.  didn't ramona slap a member of production on the 2nd season? or am i thinking of another franchise? 

Yes, Ramona slapped a producer and she threw wine, then a hard plastic wine vessel and finally an oar at Kristen a few seasons ago . I agree, I haven't seen any signs that Luann would/could hit someone, even when she was attacked she didn't strike out physically.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
(edited)

I just think it is very telling that Luann has not denied that she slapped Tom.  That would be the first thing out of my mouth if someone accused me of such a thing.  Assuming I hadn't actually done it, of course.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The slapping incident (sparse on details) made the Wendy Williams show today. That tells me this alleged slap is going to hit her in the butt when she gets a round on "I told you so's". I won't feel a bit sorry for her tho. She wouldn't allow anyone to burst her bubble when she wanted to get married. She made her bed now she can lie on it (alone or not). 

Leopards don't change their spots. Tom was/is a horn dog. 

My take on Tom is that the thing he likes most in life is the cat and mouse game with women.  More than sex, more than the spotlight of reality tv, etc.  it's the game that interests him most.  If sex or tv fame come with it, all the better, but if forced to choose, I think he'd go back to being a bachelor so he could continue the game.

He may have been swept off his feet a bit by LuAnne and the show, but I don't think that lasted long.  

In Tom's case, the adage that leopards don't change their spots is spot on.

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

How about this statement to ET yesterday:

The reality star, who tied the knot with businessman Tom D'Agostino in January, released a statement to ET on Monday, sharing, "Tom and I are in love and marriage takes work. We are working on this together."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/apos-real-housewives-york-apos-233800241.html

As was said above, no mention that the slap didn't happen. That would be something I would make sure and get in front of. Yes, she may address it on WWHL, but strange to deny it two days after issuing a statement and not denying it. We know from past behavior that Lu sometimes has to think about things before she decides which lie to provide. 

7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I just think it is very telling that Luann has not denied that she slapped Tom.  That would be the first thing out of my mouth if someone accused me of such a thing.  Assuming I hadn't actually done it, of course.

For sure. That was the most telling part of the article. I would certainly want to clear that little nugget up if it were not true.

7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Ramona slapped a producer and she threw wine, then a hard plastic wine vessel and finally an oar at Kristen a few seasons ago . I agree, I haven't seen any signs that Luann would/could hit someone, even when she was attacked she didn't strike out physically.

Before she slept with the Pirate and lied about it, we had never seen her do anything like that before either.......remember how surprised folks were to see her behaving like a hormonal teen on that trip? 

I would have also been the first to raise my hand and affirm that Lu appears to be a gal who can hold her liquor. Always keeping it together, even when the booze flows like water. I would have said that we had never seen her falling down drunk. But since she ends up in the bushes in Mexico, I would have been wrong. Just because we have never seen it before, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 17

Tom's comments 

Following reports that LuAnn de Lesseps and Tom D’Agostino Jr. are struggling through their marriage, the businessman is shooting down split rumors.

"There is a lot of love here,” D'Agostino tells Us Weekly exclusively of their relationship. “We want it to succeed.”

• Love 4

Maybe Lu isn't addressing the slap because she doesn't want to give it any more life.  I have no idea what happened, but the idea that B has people digging up dirt is not so unbelievable to me.  She did all that she could to get that video and call bartenders.  Plus Ramona admitted to calling Tom's ex-girlfriends, so it's not a stretch.  You never know what could have happened.  When I joke around with my husband I have a habit of playfully slapping him (very softly) so who knows?  Maybe they were being playful.  I'll wait for more info before I call time of death on their marriage.  And, if these women were sincere in their "I'm your friend and I want to stop the marriage to help you," then a chorus of "I told you so" is not what they should be singing.  I know, I know, who am I kidding, they just want to drag Lu down. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Tom's comments 

Following reports that LuAnn de Lesseps and Tom D’Agostino Jr. are struggling through their marriage, the businessman is shooting down split rumors.

"There is a lot of love here,” D'Agostino tells Us Weekly exclusively of their relationship. “We want it to succeed.”

I can feel his lack of emotion through the screen. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Normades said:

Maybe Lu isn't addressing the slap because she doesn't want to give it any more life.  I have no idea what happened, but the idea that B has people digging up dirt is not so unbelievable to me.  She did all that she could to get that video and call bartenders.  Plus Ramona admitted to calling Tom's ex-girlfriends, so it's not a stretch.  You never know what could have happened.  When I joke around with my husband I have a habit of playfully slapping him (very softly) so who knows?  Maybe they were being playful.  I'll wait for more info before I call time of death on their marriage.  And, if these women were sincere in their "I'm your friend and I want to stop the marriage to help you," then a chorus of "I told you so" is not what they should be singing.  I know, I know, who am I kidding, they just want to drag Lu down. 

But they are both (Lu and Tom) addressing the underlying premise that their marriage has hit a rocky patch. They have both given statements saying there is love, and they are trying to work things out. Neither is saying this is all a bunch of made up BS. So it sounds like there is something there. Why not deny a slap? That is the thing, it doesn't really matter that much to me if the others would like to find that something is amiss in paradise. If there is nothing wrong, there is nothing to find. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So she is already responding. Basically marriage takes work. Blah, blah, blah. Nothing to see here kind of response. While at the same time not really denying that things are rocky. And of course the usual thing about the other women just being drama queens who need to find their own happiness. The kind of statements that come back to bite you in the ass later.

Will be interesting to see what she says on WWHL. 

http://people.com/tv/luann-dagostino-marriage-takes-work/

I'm laughing that the article is from People. People let Luann release a statement about this fight but never backed Luann up or denied that they didn't pay her for the Un-exclusive wedding photos. Luann is making them all look like idiots if she truly was a wedding consultant for People. Maybe she should pitch being a marriage counselor next making her Trifecta Twit circle complete.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm laughing that the article is from People. People let Luann release a statement about this fight but never backed Luann up or denied that they didn't pay her for the Un-exclusive wedding photos. Luann is making them all look like idiots if she truly was a wedding consultant for People. Maybe she should pitch being a marriage counselor next making her Trifecta Twit circle complete.

Luann denied on WWHL the rumor about the wedding photos.   People used them obviously they paid her. 

This is why people in the public eye don't do line by line denials of obviously made up crap.  Publishers can pick and chose what they use and surround it with a lot of speculation.

My opinion I think Luann and Tom are being overly cautious about what they comment on to the press.  I would be more clear, but that is me.  Maybe it is a way to keep their marriage in the news, or maybe they truly don't want to answer each and every rumor.  There have been a lot of rumors courtesy of her co-stars.  Does RHONYC really have or need another season of what speculating on this couple's marriage?  Or the kiss at The Regency?  There was a pretty epic fail when Ramona decided to ambush Tom with Missy.  Another moment when Barbara was caught with a hot mic. -Another non comment from Luann, "I would not have invited her to the wedding had I know."   

Weddings and marriages are different animals-one is an event the other is a relationship.  One doesn't have to ever have ever been married to be a wedding expert.  I think Luann is a bit of a master of the obvious when she says things like "marriage is work," no kidding.   I don't think Luann has the insight to listen to other people's marital woes.  She would be more inclined to suggest they need to redo the master suite because she doesn't really go deep.   

Unsolicited advice to Tom and Luann find new places to dine.  There have to be more than the five places on the UES Tom claims to haunt.  Then they can determine if it is their "friends" or the staff that feel free to share their sightings. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But they are both (Lu and Tom) addressing the underlying premise that their marriage has hit a rocky patch. They have both given statements saying there is love, and they are trying to work things out. Neither is saying this is all a bunch of made up BS. So it sounds like there is something there. Why not deny a slap? That is the thing, it doesn't really matter that much to me if the others would like to find that something is amiss in paradise. If there is nothing wrong, there is nothing to find. 

I think the source for the slap story is Jill Zarin. She is so thirsty for an apple, she'd pry it out of Luann's I'm Still Married hands.

If it isn't Jill, then it could be Luann herself as she needs something juicy to come out now so she can get an apple next season.

It isn't Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny or Carole - this kind of info they would wait until the new season was filming.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm holding my tongue until I see Lu on WWHL tonight. 

Don't be hold it too long, Andy doesn't bug me like he does a lot of people but he's not known for asking the hard questions.

• Love 3

I can totally see Lu slapping a man. She may not be prone to violence normally, but I can totally see her having a Scarlett O'Hara type moment with her flandering husband.  I think her silence regarding that aspect of it speaks volumes. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Weddings and marriages are different animals-one is an event the other is a relationship.  One doesn't have to ever have ever been married to be a wedding expert. 

True, but surely one needs to be a wedding expert to be a wedding expert. I've no idea what possible credentials Lu would have to hold such a title, with an actual paycheck and everything. I know that People magazine isn't what it use to be, but surely there is someone more qualified than Lu? Have things gotten this bad where the moniker of that title is to have worn 3 different wedding gowns?

51 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I can totally see Lu slapping a man. She may not be prone to violence normally, but I can totally see her having a Scarlett O'Hara type moment with her flandering husband.  I think her silence regarding that aspect of it speaks volumes. 

I agree. I think there is no denial at this point because she doesn't know who saw what. Did some random guest at the restaurant snap a picture, or god forbid a video of the event? They are public people, so someone being familiar with them - a fan of the show - could have easily have been snapping a picture. They have both been outed as liars, so she might want to be careful to deny something when someone could later show proof. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

True, but surely one needs to be a wedding expert to be a wedding expert. I've no idea what possible credentials Lu would have to hold such a title, with an actual paycheck and everything. I know that People magazine isn't what it use to be, but surely there is someone more qualified than Lu? Have things gotten this bad where the moniker of that title is to have worn 3 different wedding gowns?

I think it has more to do with the fact she planned a great wedding weekend.  It was very pretty and my guess is Luann probably has some planning skills on par with the rest of the RHs.  This is just the biggest bash thrown on the entire franchise and not really shown.  My opinion is the setting the yacht for the rehearsal dinner was great, flowers, tables were pretty. The Marilyn Monroe was a bit much and made little sense.  I kind of get three dresses because she had three parties and her wedding dress was lackluster.  To me it just seemed they attached a "celebrity" who recently had a wedding for the title.  I noticed People is doing other wedding videos on their video site.   

• Love 4

As annoyed as I am at Tom if this indeed true((seriously dude, you couldn't even keep it together while your new wife's season was airing? What is *wrong* with you?! Get some help!!)), I feel no sympathy for Lu over any of his public indiscretions.

She knew what kind of man he was and was warned by numerous folks about his character but she still didn't care---she was too blinded by his upscale lifestyle and was so determined to prove to the world the awesomeness of her pussy power could finally tame his playboy ways. Honestly, I think if he is indeed playing around on her that he's got serious issues; there's a very good chance he's a full on sex-addict who needs therapy or something. To still be that determined to hump around at his age and stage in life just seems sad and unnatural.

Reminds me of my mom's second marriage---at 40 she quickly met/married a successful 40-something doctor and known local womanizer just because she was blinded by his lifestyle. And like Lu, figured she'd finally get him settled and their marriage would "change" him. Two weeks later she caught him on a date with another woman and she delivered a similar public smackdown. His response: "You knew who I was when you married me; did you think I'd change that quickly?"

Womanizers, sex-addicts and cheaters don't ever change, Lu. At least not while their sex organs are still fully functioning.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I agree. I think there is no denial at this point because she doesn't know who saw what. Did some random guest at the restaurant snap a picture, or god forbid a video of the event? They are public people, so someone being familiar with them - a fan of the show - could have easily have been snapping a picture. They have both been outed as liars, so she might want to be careful to deny something when someone could later show proof. 

http://perezhilton.com/2017-07-17-luann-de-lesseps-tom-dagostino-rhony-marriage-drama#.WW5R0emQzIU

wenn29585843__oPt.jpg

As we reported, Real Housewives of New York star Luann de Lesseps reportedly slapped her husband of seven months Tom D'Agostino at Le Bilbouquet restaurant amid marital problems. E! News confirms "there was an argument in a restaurant last week."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bagger said:

Don't be hold it too long, Andy doesn't bug me like he does a lot of people but he's not known for asking the hard questions.

I am guessing Andy is going to focus on the Mexico trip-that is what brings ratings.  Last week they had a scene of the episode where Luann is really drunk and falls in the bushes.  Luann seems to be good natured about it and my guess is there are some megawatt fights on the trip Luann is not a part of.   I doubt Andy will give the rumor/story much traction unless Luann all of sudden gets very chatty about it.   There is also the possibility the Page Six storyline from the show may be a segue for the Tom and Luann story. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The reality star, who tied the knot with businessman Tom D'Agostino in January, released a statement to ET on Monday, sharing, "Tom and I are in love and marriage takes work. We are working on this together."

As was said above, no mention that the slap didn't happen. That would be something I would make sure and get in front of. Yes, she may address it on WWHL, but strange to deny it two days after issuing a statement and not denying it. We know from past behavior that Lu sometimes has to think about things before she decides which lie to provide. 

For sure. That was the most telling part of the article. I would certainly want to clear that little nugget up if it were not true.

Before she slept with the Pirate and lied about it, we had never seen her do anything like that before either.......remember how surprised folks were to see her behaving like a hormonal teen on that trip? 

I would have also been the first to raise my hand and affirm that Lu appears to be a gal who can hold her liquor. Always keeping it together, even when the booze flows like water. I would have said that we had never seen her falling down drunk. But since she ends up in the bushes in Mexico, I would have been wrong. Just because we have never seen it before, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. 

6 hours ago, snarts said:

Tom's comments 

Funny how neither can really say the words "I love LuAnne" or "I love Tom".  

None of their comments suggest that either is committed to the marriage or each other.  It's all about wants and hopes.  

I have to write a document for a bunch of lawyers from time to time.  I've mastered the art of not committing them to anything in the document.  It's always "they may do this" or "they discussed the idea of that".  Never "they will do this" or "they won't do that".   That's what Tom and LuAnne sound like.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14

I found the People article, from a publication known to give celebs tongue baths on the regular - nevermind a celeb who is working directly with them - even more damning. Working on it? Want it to succeed? Really shouldn't be this hard this quickly.

Dump him, Lu. You're gorgeous, funny, smart, and successful. There are lots of guys who would love to have you on their arm. I hope you did slap him, frankly. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's the same quote and not one of these writers seems to know how to ask the hard questions? LOL think we will find out soon enough if she really did slap him. Have any of the other NY HWs mentioned this on SM? Also, when did this supposed slap occur, was it before or after the reunion, if it was before, we will hear about it then as well.  

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

There was the rumor years ago that the Count hit Luann at some wedding but no one ever claimed she hit him back. So.......I don't think Luann resorts to physical violence even when she is attacked.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There was the rumor years ago that the Count hit Luann at some wedding but no one ever claimed she hit him back. So.......I don't think Luann resorts to physical violence even when she is attacked.

I remember that story ...  they were at a wedding and Luann was smashed

LuAnn, who was there with her husband, Alexandre Count de Lessups [sic], seemed overwhelmed with affection for her fellow guests. “She was trying to make out with women and married men,” the source said. “A pregnant wife caught her in the act, stormed off and walked home in disgust.” Alexandre “tried to make her leave and was seen throwing her to the ground in the parking lot,” our spy continued.

I don't know if the seeming failure of Luann to strike The Count back means she is non-violent even when attacked or if she was just too hammered to land a punch.  But one thing does appear certain (if you believe this story and the clip of her in Mexico is not misleading): when the Countess gets drunk she seems to make a spectacle of herself and it doesn't matter who is watching.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It's the same quote and not one of these writers seems to know how to ask the hard questions? LOL think we will find out soon enough if she really did slap him. Have any of the other NY HWs mentioned this on SM? Also, when did this supposed slap occur, was it before or after the reunion, if it was before, we will hear about it then as well.  

I agree, is Luann responding to a question or giving a press release?  I would want to ask how hard she slapped him.  It interesting as the story develops it went from Tom disliking the show to Tom being seen with an ex.  At least they have names a restaurant.

'

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I remember that story ...  they were at a wedding and Luann was smashed

I don't know if the seeming failure of Luann to strike The Count back means she is non-violent even when attacked or if she was just too hammered to land a punch.  But one thing does appear certain (if you believe this story and the clip of her in Mexico is not misleading): when the Countess gets drunk she seems to make a spectacle of herself and it doesn't matter who is watching.

Yes, they claimed Luann was drunk, which would make it more likely that she would slap the Count had it been her nature to get physical to begin with. She didn't slap him so I'm not convinced she slapped Tom in anger as rumors would have her doing now. Again, does anyone know if this fight happened before or after they filmed the reunion? 

• Love 3

I know physical violence is frowned upon but I could see how this played out 

1) Luann found out with evidence that Tom was still cheating on her and slapped him

2) Luann found out that he is nowhere as rich as he suggested to be and she lost it. 

Either one is wrong but I could almost picture happening. Amazingly I could side with Lu over # 1 , she was a fool to think the guy would change his ways. 

Many cast members have talked about Luann being a completely different person when the cameras are rolling, the fact that she hasn't lost it while filming doesn't mean that she wouldn't ever.  Luann is a master of deflection so I am not waiting for her to directly address the slap, she will circumvent around it and do the non-denial thing and assure us that they are working on their marriage.  Just a bunch of BS.

If she didn't slap him, then that is the first thing that will come out of her mouth, "BTW Andy, I want to clarify the rumors, under no circumstance did I ever slap Tom, it never happened, those are fake news of people who have nothing better to do. Marriages have rough patches and we are working on it"

If she doesn't categorically deny it, then it did happen and the marriage is doomed.  

• Love 5

Six months in is pretty quick to be calling marriage a lot of work.  I feel badly for her, but sheesh, Bethenny did try to warn you, Luann.  

Pity she chose to make it about Bethenny's message delivery instead of the fact that Tom was already cheating on her.  

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Jel said:

Six months in is pretty quick to be calling marriage a lot of work.  I feel badly for her, but sheesh, Bethenny did try to warn you, Luann.   

I knew they were doomed, but I really thought it would take a little longer for things to completely unravel.  Married six months and having slap fights in public.  Damn.  Imagine what it must be like in the penthouse when nobody is around.  

I wonder if we will be seeing Tom and Luann on Marriage Boot Camp ... or will they proceed straight to Divorce Court? 

Pity she chose to make it about Bethenny's message delivery instead of the fact that Tom was already cheating on her. 

That's what people do when they don't want to admit something is true and face it.  Make it about the messenger.  Make it about the delivery.  Anything to avoid facing the substance of what you've been told.  It was much easier to rag on Bethenny and make it about her than deal with the real issue - Tom is a confirmed cheater.  Because doing that might have interfered with getting that all-too-important ring on her finger. 

But beside Luann's obvious desperation to be married again, I wonder how much of her choice to proceed with the wedding despite what she found out was based on pride and a refusal to admit it was a bad idea - not wanting to give people like Beth and Ramona and Sonja the satisfaction of seeing her end her relationship.  

Ironically, she may have ended up actually giving them more to giggle about by actually marrying Tom and having it blow up in her face. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Bethenny's delivery of the message had nothing to do with whether or not Tom and Luann decided to get married.  Luann told the world she had forgiven him and moved on.  They had worked it out, they relived it six months later in front of the world.  If Luann didn't want to get married she had about months before the invitations went out and when it first aired.  

Tom "cheated" it was very public, Luann ingested the information and decided to continue a relationship with him.  I don't know if waiting another year to get married would have changed things other than they would have been celebrating Tom's 51st birthday instead of 50th.  Luann and Tom lived together 10 months before the wedding.  She had plenty of time to observe him. 

Luann and Tom will never just be married 1 year or 10 years or 20 years.   It will always be they married after Tom cheated on her.   It will never go  away and it will never be romantic.  The marriage with the *.  

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny's delivery of the message had nothing to do with whether or not Tom and Luann decided to get married.  Luann told the world she had forgiven him and moved on.  They had worked it out, they relived it six months later in front of the world.  If Luann didn't want to get married she had about months before the invitations went out and when it first aired.  

Tom "cheated" it was very public, Luann ingested the information and decided to continue a relationship with him.  I don't know if waiting another year to get married would have changed things other than they would have been celebrating Tom's 51st birthday instead of 50th.  Luann and Tom lived together 10 months before the wedding.  She had plenty of time to observe him. 

Luann and Tom will never just be married 1 year or 10 years or 20 years.   It will always be they married after Tom cheated on her.   It will never go  away and it will never be romantic.  The marriage with the *.  

I was more talking about what Celia Rubenstein was talking about above -- displacement and denial.  

From my armchair: I don't think they worked anything out -- instead Luann displaced her intolerable feelings of anger towards Tom onto Bethenny. (Recall her initial reaction was normal, healthy and appropriate -- something like -- she's my friend, of course she's going to tell me this -- words to that effect).   Then with the help of some (well meaning?) HWs, she quickly displaced her anger onto Bethenny because that was more psychologically tolerable to her.  I also don;t think she ingested the information at all -- instead, she denied it. She did so by minimizing the importance of a kiss, by questioning the veracity of the report, and by questioning the motive of the messenger.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I was more talking about what Celia Rubenstein was talking about above -- displacement and denial.  

From my armchair: I don't think they worked anything out -- instead Luann displaced her intolerable feelings of anger towards Tom onto Bethenny. (Recall her initial reaction was normal, healthy and appropriate -- something like -- she's my friend, of course she's going to tell me this -- words to that effect).   Then with the help of some (well meaning?) HWs, she quickly displaced her anger onto Bethenny because that was more psychologically tolerable to her.  I also don;t think she ingested the information at all -- instead, she denied it. She did so by minimizing the importance of a kiss, by questioning the veracity of the report, and by questioning the motive of the messenger.  

There is no displaced anger.  Bethenny and the rest were relentless insisting Luann break up with Tom.  Luann choice not theirs.  This season has proven these women don't want to let go of Tom.

Bethenny delivery was terrible.  She needs to take responsibility for the course she took to deliver the news.  It did not heighten or lessen what Tom did-all Bethenny did was show her ass in the very plotted delivery.  She knew the day before the party, she admitted to telling everyone except Luann until the end of the weekend so as not to ruin the fun.  Bethenny is responsible for her actions.  Tom is responsible for his and Luann is responsible for her  response to Tom's actions.   

Luann had plenty of time to decide what course to take.  She can be angry with Tom and angry with Bethenny. Luann never denied what happened there were photos.  Tom wasn't screwing the woman on camera he was making out with her.  Bethenny is responsible for her actions and all the crap she said surrounding the relationship.  Luann was a whore, a slut a plastic fuck doll and then all of sudden Luann was desperate to marry at any cost.  Bethenny got her jollies delivering the message.  Mission accomplished moved on. 

We saw Luann in February upset and then again in July after she and Tom had time to work through.  I think four months is more than enough time to digest what happened and what her course of action would be.  How important was the kiss?  Was Tom offering that woman a proposal-according to Bethenny he left her with the check.  Luann saw the photos and went after Tom-Tom wanted a sit down with the Regency staff-maybe to dispute two hours of making out-Luann did not go for it.  What exactly did Luann deny?  It was right in front of her and she worked through it. 

Bethenny had no good intentions with the message-it was all for the show and a gotcha to Luann.  There was no questioning the motives they were clear.  Bethenny et al were dancing and laughing and making jokes at Luann's expense instead forwarding the 2 am message to Luann before she had the engagement party.    

• Love 9

46 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Tom wanted a sit down with the Regency staff-maybe to dispute two hours of making out-Luann did not go for it. 

I thought Tom wanted the sit down with the staff of the Regency so that Dorinda could be there to hear them offer a bunch of excuses they were paid to say about how he gave some chick a public tongue bath explain.  

And it wasn't Luann who rejected the idea, it was Dorinda - she had no intention of allowing herself to be manipulated into going around town playing Tom's lying PR whore advocate.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought Tom wanted the sit down with the staff of the Regency so that Dorinda could be there to hear them offer a bunch of excuses they were paid to say about how he gave some chick a public tongue bath explain.  

And it wasn't Luann who rejected the idea, it was Dorinda - she had no intention of allowing herself to be manipulated into going around town playing Tom's lying PR whore advocate.  

Since the sit down didn't happen-thanks to Dorinda because it might mean she would have to shut up and listen, we the audience, were most likely deprived of a fairly interesting conversation.  When Dorinda nixed it-Luann didn't seem interested in pursuing it.  I would think Bravo would have liked the footage. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jel said:

I love this post so much. You bring up a point that I thought was interesting at the time, and went along with something that both Carole and Heather had said about Lu. That often times her initial reaction is the right one, the honorable one. But she worries too much about how it will all look, and she revisits things. After the reveal by Beth, she didn't assign nefarious motives to what Beth was saying. Her response was basically, of course she is going to tell me this. Who wouldn't share such information? Her response was all about the betrayal by Tom and how horrible it all was that he would do something like that to her. Her reaction was the one that most people would have in the same situation. It was only after that she became upset with Beth. When she had decided to forgive the jackass and wanted to find a way to make that OK, so her anger moved from Tom over to Beth. It reminded me so much of the "don't be all uncool" moment. Initially she wasn't mad at the others. She thought they should calm down in T&C, but she just thought they were overreacting. Not trying to "catch" her doing something. But then she thought about how it would all look. The married guy part of it all, and she comes unglued in the aftermath. 

• Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Since the sit down didn't happen-thanks to Dorinda because it might mean she would have to shut up and listen, we the audience, were most likely deprived of a fairly interesting conversation.  When Dorinda nixed it-Luann didn't seem interested in pursuing it.  I would think Bravo would have liked the footage. 

But why should Dorinda have had to do that? She clearly believed from the conversation that she was being asked to support a lie to get Tom out of the hot seat. Why is the onus on Dorinda for not partaking, instead of on Tom and Lu for asking such a thing of a friend? It sounded like Tom in particular was nasty about it. Saying that she would lose the coveted wedding invite for her refusal. Honestly, as much as I thought he was a total d-bag for the cheating session at the Regency, I thought that what he asked of Dorinda revealed even more of his nasty character. But it also kind of made me understand even better why perhaps he and Lu were a good match. She would have loved to have had someone helping her put together her lie about the Pirate, instead of trying to put it all together on her own. 

And the footage, had the conversation taken place, would have been interesting, but we would not have seen it. No way the Regency is going to have their staff on camera doing this sort of thing. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13
(edited)
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I just don't think one negates the other. Yes, Lu is generally very poised and concerned about appearances. Frankly, she always struck me as a bit afraid of the Count. I don't see the same dynamic with Tom. They seem to be on a more even playing field. But she has had to cover for his behavior almost from day one. I can see her reaching a breaking point. Maybe they were in some back corner of a restaurant. Maybe she didn't think she'd be seen. I'm not saying I'm convinced it happened, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all.

I've slapped a man once in my life. It was an ex who I came across at a concert and he said something very lewd to me. I've never struck anyone outside of that situation, so most people would probably say I'm not likely to get "violent" (if you can call a slap violent), but it did happen. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There is no displaced anger.  Bethenny and the rest were relentless insisting Luann break up with Tom.  Luann choice not theirs.  This season has proven these women don't want to let go of Tom.

Bethenny delivery was terrible.  She needs to take responsibility for the course she took to deliver the news.  It did not heighten or lessen what Tom did-all Bethenny did was show her ass in the very plotted delivery.  She knew the day before the party, she admitted to telling everyone except Luann until the end of the weekend so as not to ruin the fun.  Bethenny is responsible for her actions.  Tom is responsible for his and Luann is responsible for her  response to Tom's actions.   

Luann had plenty of time to decide what course to take.  She can be angry with Tom and angry with Bethenny. Luann never denied what happened there were photos.  Tom wasn't screwing the woman on camera he was making out with her.  Bethenny is responsible for her actions and all the crap she said surrounding the relationship.  Luann was a whore, a slut a plastic fuck doll and then all of sudden Luann was desperate to marry at any cost.  Bethenny got her jollies delivering the message.  Mission accomplished moved on. 

We saw Luann in February upset and then again in July after she and Tom had time to work through.  I think four months is more than enough time to digest what happened and what her course of action would be.  How important was the kiss?  Was Tom offering that woman a proposal-according to Bethenny he left her with the check.  Luann saw the photos and went after Tom-Tom wanted a sit down with the Regency staff-maybe to dispute two hours of making out-Luann did not go for it.  What exactly did Luann deny?  It was right in front of her and she worked through it. 

Bethenny had no good intentions with the message-it was all for the show and a gotcha to Luann.  There was no questioning the motives they were clear.  Bethenny et al were dancing and laughing and making jokes at Luann's expense instead forwarding the 2 am message to Luann before she had the engagement party.    

What did she deny? The likelihood that this type of behavior from him would continue. There were many red flags she simply chose to overlook, and the anger and humiliation she felt about it, she put onto Bethenny. She's not unique in this type of thing, and it doesn't make her a bad or stupid person  -- many people use defense mechanisms to cope. But, in my view, that's pretty clear what she did. She was so invested in the we're-in-love-and-getting-married thing that the cost of being honest about Tom was just too large.

I understand you, and many others, did not like Bethenny's delivery method and style, but that really has nothing to do with Lu's relationship with Tom or Tom's philandering. She could be annoyed with Bethenny's delivery, but the OTT reaction she had to it, was, imo, quite telling.  Dorinda offered her an ideal place to redirect her anger, and she took it.  If someone sets your house on fire, your main concern shouldn't be that they used your grandfather's expensive antique lighter to do it -- your main concern is that your house is burning.  

Edited by Jel
  • Love 14

LOL, why on earth should Dorinda have to come sit and listen to the freaking staff at the Regency explain (ie, cover) for Tom? She's not marrying him and fuck that anyway. If Lu wanted to believe him, fine. Dorinda didn't owe him jack. I think she obviously believed the cheating story. There's no way I would sit by and watch my friend marry someone who JUST cheated on her without making a SERIOUS effort to make her listen to reason. Once she was decided, I would let it go, but in the aftermath of something like that Regency story, you better believe I'd be all over her. And if the guy in question ordered me to sit and listen to a restaurant staff tell me what happened, it would only confirm my belief in the original story. This guy sucks. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But why should Dorinda have had to do that? She clearly believed from the conversation that she was being asked to support a lie to get Tom out of the hot seat. Why is the onus on Dorinda for not partaking, instead of on Tom and Lu for asking such a thing of a friend? It sounded like Tom in particular was nasty about it. Saying that she would lose the coveted wedding invite for her refusal. Honestly, as much as I thought he was a total d-bag for the cheating session at the Regency, I thought that what he asked of Dorinda revealed even more of his nasty character. But it also kind of made me understand even better why perhaps he and Lu were a good match. She would have loved to have had someone helping her put together her lie about the Pirate, instead of trying to put it all together on her own. 

And the footage, had the conversation taken place, would have been interesting, but we would not have seen it. No way the Regency is going to have their staff on camera doing this sort of thing. 

The most important reason there is-I wanted to see what Tom would come up with.  Dorinda is paid to be on a show and I wanted to be entertained.  Dorinda could have taken one for the team and listened.  Observing even asking questions is not a show of support.  It could have supremely backfired on Tom.  What was crappy is when she declined the offer why mention it?  I mean at first it was Tom had threatened to cut Luann off from Dorinda and after watching Dorinda and her lackluster support for the couple I didn't really see a reason for Dorinda to be a part of the wedding party or even attend the wedding.  I never got the impression Luann was all that on board with the plan.  Why would she want to relive the moment-it was painful for her?

They had prior approval to film.   The Regency can't keep their employees from talking about an incident. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

The most important reason there is-I wanted to see what Tom would come up with.  Dorinda is paid to be on a show and I wanted to be entertained.  Dorinda could have taken one for the team and listened.  Observing even asking questions is not a show of support.  It could have supremely backfired on Tom.  What was crappy is when she declined the offer why mention it?  I mean at first it was Tom had threatened to cut Luann off from Dorinda and after watching Dorinda and her lackluster support for the couple I didn't really see a reason for Dorinda to be a part of the wedding party or even attend the wedding.  I never got the impression Luann was all that on board with the plan.  Why would she want to relive the moment-it was painful for her?

They had prior approval to film.   The Regency can't keep their employees from talking about an incident. 

How do you know that? 

And if they had all of this approval, and the folks who worked at The Regency were willing to go on camera, then why is the whole thing stopped because Dorinda doesn't want to be involved? What in the world does having Dorinda there to ask questions have to do with anything? Why couldn't Lu and Tom just traipse in there, all mic'd up with cameras ready to go, and ask whatever they wanted to ask? It makes zero sense and IMO there is no way to try and make sense of it. 

The thing is, this deal was never meant to be on camera. That was why they needed Dorinda. They needed for her to come and hear some story that she could then take to the others. Otherwise, why even involve her? The fact that Dorinda was unwilling to listen would not have stopped the Q&A if it was in fact legitimate. 

And with regard to Lu not being that interested in the whole lie and in pressing Dorinda, that is even more pathetic, IMO. She knows the dude is a cheating horn dog and has decided to look the other way. But now she knows he is the kind of guy who is so interested in saving himself that he would threaten a friend with the loss of a friendship if she didn't do the shady thing he was asking? It is very hard to feel any sympathy for Lu at this point. There were so many red warning signals flashing away, and she just ignored them all. Pathetic all the way around. 

• Love 10