Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E23: Now What?

• Start Topic

Ashley is unsure how to move forward after Bar’s apology. Jade is frustrated when Sean’s attempt to start rehab doesn’t go as planned. Lexi’s family plans a camping trip and Kyler isn’t invited. Brianna struggles with Robert’s absence.

Airs December 3, 2018

So we find out Kayla's friend doesn't want to put up with Stephan's bullshit.  Smart girl, though she really should have talked directly to Kayla about it. 

Briana is just a bitch.  How can Robert even be interested in her anymore the way she treats him?  Trust me, you'll be better off not being in her orbit.  She's moody AF. 

Kyler complains that he doesn't want anything to do with Lexi's parents, then is upset that he wasn't invited to the cabin?  If she would have told him her parents wanted him to come, he would have been against it.  He tells her she's too clingy and to stay away for 24 hrs, then wants to spend time with her when it's her initiating the time away.  Mind games. 

I like Jade, but I'm getting bored.

Ashley, will you please go away?  And take your mom with you.  Thanks.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, eskimo said:

So we find out Kayla's friend doesn't want to put up with Stephan's bullshit.  Smart girl, though she really should have talked directly to Kayla about it. 

Briana is just a bitch.  How can Robert even be interested in her anymore the way she treats him?  Trust me, you'll be better off not being in her orbit.  She's moody AF. 

Kyler complains that he doesn't want anything to do with Lexi's parents, then is upset that he wasn't invited to the cabin?  If she would have told him her parents wanted him to come, he would have been against it.  He tells her she's too clingy and to stay away for 24 hrs, then wants to spend time with her when it's her initiating the time away.  Mind games. 

I like Jade, but I'm getting bored.

Ashley, will you please go away?  And take your mom with you.  Thanks.

all of these girls are just so terribly unpleasant, aren't they?  okay, except for Lexi, but maybe it's because weed is legal in Colorado...

• Love 4
8 hours ago, eskimo said:

Kyler complains that he doesn't want anything to do with Lexi's parents, then is upset that he wasn't invited to the cabin?  If she would have told him her parents wanted him to come, he would have been against it.  He tells her she's too clingy and to stay away for 24 hrs, then wants to spend time with her when it's her initiating the time away.

I laughed and laughed when Kyler was pouting about not being invited to the camping weekend. I laughed so much I think I sprained something. How does it feel, Kyler? Not good, amirite? He did not like getting a dose of his own medicine. I hope Lexi enjoyed administering it, so much so that she finds opportunities to do so again. That was GOLD.

And here is my weekly Kyler post:

What Lexi sees in that animated bucket of cold oatmeal I'll never know. He's unprepossessing, not smart, unattractive, unkind and snotty, with a thoroughly undeserved high opinion of himself. Run, Lexi. He is a creep of the first water, you can do better.

Kayla is on a collision course. She is determined to ruin her life. She's sneaking around behind her mother's back, and lying to her friends, and using her innocent baby as leverage, to win Stephan. This can't end well for anyone. Especially Izaiah.

• Love 19

Brianna only misses that she has to do most of the work with Braeson herself. Selfish. I give her a week or two before there's a new guy. Boy do they sound like a happy couple or what on that Facetime convo!

I think Sean was happy that he had no ID and couldn't go to the treatment center. He just wants to go back to using. LOL Sean wants Jade to be a "part of it" to get an ID? Please. Their storyline is putting me to sleep. 

Ashley and Bar: don't know what to say about them. I forwarded past her therapy session.

Good for Lexi to get away with family. Kyler is such a killjoy. 

Kayla will have Stephan in that apartment as soon as they move in and will flip out and say, "But he's Izaiah's father, he should be here to see his son." Her friend should not sign a lease with her. Even if Kayla does not let him in the apartment, he might beat on the door or show up drunk or be violent and the cops called. [I typed this before the friend said that to her mother.] Lovely thought. $1300+ for that apartment seemed insane to me. Her friend needs to get away, pronto. Kayla: the reason your "friends" don't talk to you is because you are not rational or approachable. What did you do? You are being a moron. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I think Sean was happy that he had no ID and couldn't go to the treatment center. He just wants to go back to using. LOL Sean wants Jade to be a "part of it" to get an ID? Please. Their storyline is putting me to sleep. 

I literally fell asleep just after they came on.  Lol  As I was fading out I was listening to him yell at her in the car. 

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Ashley and Bar: don't know what to say about them. I forwarded past her therapy session.

$1300+ for that apartment seemed insane to me. 

I must have been out longer than I thought because I don't remember any of this.  Not interested enough to go back. 

52 minutes ago, 3outta5 said:

Braeson being so excited to see Robert broke my heart! What a sweet baby. It also really highlighted the difference in Brianna's response to talking to him. Yikes!

Same here, he obviously is attached to Robert, but Brianna doesn't want him anymore so it's 'best for Braeson' to ship Robert back home.  *insert eye roll here*.  I worry for Braeson because pedophiles often target young, single mothers and Brianna is a total sucker.  Look at how fast Robert went from being a stranger to being Braeson's caregiver when everybody was at work.  I'm not suggesting Robert abused Braeson at all, just that she's very lax with who she leaves her child with.  I keep going back to Brianna being a bitch to her sister when she told Brianna that moving Robert out there with them wasn't a good idea, and that she was moving too fast.  Cut to Brianna being a bitch to Robert and telling him they moved too fast.  She will move too fast with the next guy too, dropping him right into Braeson's life.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I just pray that she doesn't attach Braeson to a creep.  She's so fucking stupid. 

• Love 15

I rewound Braeson facetiming a million times. He was so funny, especially when the pacifier fell out of his mouth.  Hate his stupid mother.

I kind of like Ashley and am sorry about what is happening with Bar. It's good that she has a zero-tolerance regarding domestic violence and is seeking help with a therapist unlike that stupid bitch Kayla who is looking for excuses to spend time with her "crazy baby daddy." I also didn't like her attitude about Devin. The girl told you her number one rule was no Stephan at their apartment. She would be wise to not room with the silly cow.

Jade, Jade, Jade. Run as fast as you can. Sean is like a second child and you don't need him. How is he driving all around without any ID? Why didn't he get a new one the next day when the DMV opened? Why is she still dealing with that motherfucker? He is a lost cause, just like her loser parents.

• Love 9

They really need to cancel this show. Judging by the fewer and fewer responses on this board after episodes air, it seems most think this show has run its course. I would not miss it if it was removed.

The major themes of this season are drug, alcohol and physical abuse with a little bit of family drama thrown in for good measure. Someone nailed it last week when they said that these people are living the exact lives that they would be if the cameras were not there. I say remove the cameras and stop paying these people for making poor decisions. 

• Love 3

Loved seeing Kayla and her girlfriend looking like idiots when the rental agent told them what the monthly rent was. Uh duh! I'm sure these two didn't discuss how they were going to split the rent either.  As Judge Judy tells us, Kayla is coming with TWO people.  Actually more because home girl already knows Kayla is going to be letting Stephan stay over more than a little bit. House rules be damned.  

• Love 9

Braeson going apeshit over seeing Robert on the iPhone clearly made an impression on most of us. PLEASE don't keep doing this to him with the disappearing daddies!

Getting an ID is some kind of couples project now? Nice try, Sean.

I hope Devin has the good sense to find a new BFF. No one can change Kayla's bad decisions. Do you want to yoke yourself to that mess, or not?

I would find Kyler and Lexi's scenes together sad if they were defeated 40-year-olds. The fact that they're both just kids and already so joyless and jaded makes it 10 times worse.

Damn, Holly is a charmer.

• Love 6

I am remembering my first apartment--the first floor of a three decker in a blue collar dipping in to poor neighborhood in Boston. $120 a month (it was 1974!). I was a student and worked as a waitress, my roommate was a student and worked at a car rental place. How do Kayla and Devyn think that they can score a modern, clean, bright, updated apartment with two bathrooms, a dishwasher, parking and who knows what all else, on the very limited money that two 20 year olds are pulling in? Why are they looking at high end places? It wasn't a luxury pad but it was really nice. My mind is filled with questions! I mean, they live in Crapville, Indiana or someplace right? (pax to any of my PTV buddies who are from Indiana. I'm sure its lovely). There are probably a lot of two and three family houses and whatnot? Places that would be more moderately priced? Yikes. Kayla is dumber than a piece of furniture.

And @configdotsys, you are spot on. Kayla wants her own place so she can bring Stephan in, and she won't have to answer to her mother. Devyn better get another roommate. She should not get in the middle of that. 

Braeson is adorable. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

How do Kayla and Devyn think that they can score a modern, clean, bright, updated apartment with two bathrooms, a dishwasher, parking and who knows what all else, on the very limited money that two 20 year olds are pulling in? Why are they looking at high end places?

And @configdotsys, you are spot on. Kayla wants her own place so she can bring Stephan in, and she won't have to answer to her mother. Devyn better get another roommate. She should not get in the middle of that. 

It's called "MTV PAYCHECK" BABY! ! !  $ $ $.

Kayla's mom seems to have a very nice house, to see it from the outside.  But yeah, Kayla doesn't want to stay somewhere where she will have rules. 

• Love 2

they live in Crapville, Indiana or someplace right?

Crapville, Illinois, but your point holds.

There are probably a lot of two and three family houses and whatnot?

Nah, the town of Cortland isn't dense enough to have those. But since I'm procrastinating, I looked it up, and there's a 4-bed, 2.5-bath, single-family home with 2-car garage, hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, and a view available in Cortland for $1600 a month. Nicer than Kayla's mom's house. Even right by the university in the town next door -- where there's presumably the most rental demand, and there ARE multi-family houses -- you can get a nice 2 bed-2 bath for $900. So either the apartment they saw wasn't really $1300 a month and the whole scene was a fake MTV setup, or it comes with two stories and a 3-car garage that we didn't see, or the apartment management jacked the price up when they saw a Teen Mom coming. But the one thing that's for sure is that housing is super cheap out there and this is a manufactured crisis. (Not that Kayla has the income or wisdom to handle half of $800 rent. But I digress.)

• Love 3
22 hours ago, politichick said:

I rewound Braeson facetiming a million times. He was so funny, especially when the pacifier fell out of his mouth.  Hate his stupid mother.

I kind of like Ashley and am sorry about what is happening with Bar. It's good that she has a zero-tolerance regarding domestic violence and is seeking help with a therapist unlike that stupid bitch Kayla who is looking for excuses to spend time with her "crazy baby daddy." I also didn't like her attitude about Devin. The girl told you her number one rule was no Stephan at their apartment. She would be wise to not room with the silly cow.

Jade, Jade, Jade. Run as fast as you can. Sean is like a second child and you don't need him. How is he driving all around without any ID? Why didn't he get a new one the next day when the DMV opened? Why is she still dealing with that motherfucker? He is a lost cause, just like her loser parents.

Seriously, Devyn needs to run away from Kayla. She knows exactly what is going to happen with Stephan. 

I thought the same thing about Sean, why the hell is he driving without a license?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Seriously, Devyn needs to run away from Kayla. She knows exactly what is going to happen with Stephan. 

I thought the same thing about Sean, why the hell is he driving without a license?

Was he though? She drove him to the rehab place and he was dropped off and wanted her to "go with him" to get his new ID. Did he lose his ID or was his license was suspended and he had to surrender it and had to get a state ID (would a birth certificate do? and wouldn't he need a birth certificate to get an new ID?)f I'm confused about the convenient losing of the ID. He seems to love her, but,...

Devyn is onto to Kayla. Good for her. I have a feeling she is right about the possibility of having the crazed baby daddy (protection order or not) banging down their front door. She doesn't need that kind of drama. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
spelling
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

There was one scene when he pulled up to Jade's place in a car and he was driving. Not sure who's car that was

We've seen him driving a number of times. He also said he didn't have much gas in the tank and wanted to stay at her house.

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Was he though? She drove him to the rehab place and he was dropped off and wanted her to "go with him" to get his new ID. Did he lose his ID or was his license was suspended and he had to surrender it and had to get a state ID (would a birth certificate do? and wouldn't he need a birth certificate to get an new ID?)f I'm confused about the convenient losing of the ID. He seems to love her, but,...

Devyn is onto to Kayla. Good for her. I have a feeling she is right about the possibility of having the crazed baby daddy (protection order or not) banging down their front door. She doesn't need that kind of drama. 

They went to the rehab place but he couldn't sign up because he did not have any ID. Jade said he'd lost his ID months ago and the DMV was closed the day they went to the rehab place. He probably has no idea where his birth certificate is and even if he did, the place wants a photo ID. He can just go to the DMV and get a replacement license and since it will have his image already on it, it should not be a problem. I have a Massachusetts license and you can order a replacement by mail and it comes within a week.

He's a fucking asshole, who not only drives around without his license but also does not appear to have an actual mailing address, which is why he's always trying to spend the night at Jade's. 

• Love 7

Kayla half is coming from her MTV money she earns being an idiot!  Her girlfriend better take another look at rooming with Kayla her boyfriend and their baby!  Then again maybe Kayla s check is covering all of them and there's something to be said for free rent!

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Then again maybe Kayla s check is covering all of them and there's something to be said for free rent!

Free rent with Stephan and Kayla's drama all day every day? Not worth it. Can you imagine being a 20 year old girl living with all their fights, Stephan's violent temper, frequent 911 calls, Kayla's tears and pining? SOOOO not worth it. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Free rent with Stephan and Kayla's drama all day every day? Not worth it. Can you imagine being a 20 year old girl living with all their fights, Stephan's violent temper, frequent 911 calls, Kayla's tears and pining? SOOOO not worth it. 

I guess it depends on what your running from!

do we know if Sean ever got another job?? If not, that's probably why he wants Jade to go with - she was going to pay for his rehab, now he probably needs her to pay for his license. 

Everyone needs to watch Live PD on A&E, the amount of people driving with no license is shocking and alarming. Like 90% of the people they pull over either don't have one, it's suspended or they just don't have it on them. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2018 at 5:37 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Why are they looking at high end places? It wasn't a luxury pad but it was really nice.

I'm sure I was influenced by the outside of that apartment (I hate that style), but it didn't seem high end to me.  When the agent opened the front door, it wasn't painted on the edge.  The unit was clean and roomy, but the neglect of little things like paint on the edge of a door doesn't read "high end" to me.

39 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Everyone needs to watch Live PD on A&E, the amount of people driving with no license is shocking and alarming. Like 90% of the people they pull over either don't have one, it's suspended or they just don't have it on them

Many years ago, I ran a quick errand and just grabbed some money on my way out of the house, and got pulled over for speeding.  I didn't have my license with me, but knew the number, so the cop ran it and saw I wasn't wanted or anything.  He gave me a ticket for not presenting my license, but not for speeding, and told me that I could get the no-license ticket dismissed by taking my license to the judge.  I always wondered if the cop would have given me a speeding ticket if he hadn't been able to impose the  no-license hassle on me.

So it occurred to me that it might be a good tactic to claim not to have my license if I got pulled over again, even if I did have it, and see if the same thing might happen.  And if things got sketchy, I could say, "Wait, let me look again."  But I never had the nerve to actually try it.  And nowadays, there would probably have to be a court date set and $250 in administrative fees for the dismissal.

I do know that if I lost my license, I wouldn't hesitate to drive myself to get a new one.  And it might not be the very first thing on my agenda.  But obviously that's not what's going on with Sean.

• Love 1

Like others I was fascinated by Braeson's response to Robert on the phone. IIRC, he wasn't looking directly at the screen first, but as soon as he heard Robert's voice, he looked up at his mom with a very surprised look on his face and then he looked at the screen, saw Robert, and started wiggling around. It was so cute.  There is a lot of research on young babies that shows that they pick up on way more social cues and dynamics than people generally assume. I thought this scene was a great example of that.

• Love 9
On 12/4/2018 at 8:52 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And here is my weekly Kyler post:

What Lexi sees in that animated bucket of cold oatmeal I'll never know. He's unprepossessing, not smart, unattractive, unkind and snotty, with a thoroughly undeserved high opinion of himself. Run, Lexi. He is a creep of the first water, you can do better.

I love this, especially the part I bolded.

It's mind-boggling, isn't it?

Who broke Lexi? Why doesn't she see it? I could understand if he was charming, but nooooo. It frustrates me more than it should.

I think Braeson is so cute and I cannot believe I missed him Facetiming with Robert. 

• Love 5

I feel like everyone on this show could've had a better relationship with one another if they never signed up for this show.

Except Brianna.. she needed this show to see that her ex wasn't the match for her. Dennae?

On 12/5/2018 at 7:07 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. She doesn't need the headache. Plus her friend would probably be doing the baby sitting while they're fighting outside making yet another scene.

• Love 3

Three cheers to Lexi's mom and stepdad for taking their kids and grandson on a fun camping trip AND talking to Lexi in a calm and adult way about their concerns with Pasty Kyler AND apologizing to Lexi. 

They are playing it smart. At some point, Lexi will realize (hopefully) what a loser he is sooner rather than later and dump him. If they push the loser away,  she'll run to him.

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, configdotsys said:

They really need to cancel this show. Judging by the fewer and fewer responses on this board after episodes air, it seems most think this show has run its course. I would not miss it if it was removed.

The major themes of this season are drug, alcohol and physical abuse with a little bit of family drama thrown in for good measure. Someone nailed it last week when they said that these people are living the exact lives that they would be if the cameras were not there. I say remove the cameras and stop paying these people for making poor decisions. 

Isn't that the goal of reality television?

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, gunderda said:

do we know if Sean ever got another job?? If not, that's probably why he wants Jade to go with - she was going to pay for his rehab, now he probably needs her to pay for his license. 

Everyone needs to watch Live PD on A&E, the amount of people driving with no license is shocking and alarming. Like 90% of the people they pull over either don't have one, it's suspended or they just don't have it on them. 

I'm a public defender currently in a misdemeanor assignment.  At least 60% of my cases are suspended license cases.  I HATE THEM.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm sure I was influenced by the outside of that apartment (I hate that style), but it didn't seem high end to me.  When the agent opened the front door, it wasn't painted on the edge.  The unit was clean and roomy, but the neglect of little things like paint on the edge of a door doesn't read "high end" to me.

Many years ago, I ran a quick errand and just grabbed some money on my way out of the house, and got pulled over for speeding.  I didn't have my license with me, but knew the number, so the cop ran it and saw I wasn't wanted or anything.  He gave me a ticket for not presenting my license, but not for speeding, and told me that I could get the no-license ticket dismissed by taking my license to the judge.  I always wondered if the cop would have given me a speeding ticket if he hadn't been able to impose the  no-license hassle on me.

So it occurred to me that it might be a good tactic to claim not to have my license if I got pulled over again, even if I did have it, and see if the same thing might happen.  And if things got sketchy, I could say, "Wait, let me look again."  But I never had the nerve to actually try it.  And nowadays, there would probably have to be a court date set and $250 in administrative fees for the dismissal.

I do know that if I lost my license, I wouldn't hesitate to drive myself to get a new one.  And it might not be the very first thing on my agenda.  But obviously that's not what's going on with Sean.

Before fines got jacked up to astronomical rates, this used to be a regular occurrence in misdemeanor courts.  Get cited for driving without a license and speeding.  Come to court and get arraigned on the charge.  Present your newly attained license.  Entire case, including speeding ticket, gets dismissed with no fines (and no points on your record) at all. 

Those were the days.  ;)

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, simple said:

I feel like everyone on this show could've had a better relationship with one another if they never signed up for this show.

Except Brianna.. she needed this show to see that her ex wasn't the match for her. Dennae?

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. She doesn't need the headache. Plus her friend would probably be doing the baby sitting while they're fighting outside making yet another scene.

Not to mention the fact that Kayla, despite thinking she's black, isn't.   She doesn't recognize the privilege she has.  Her friend was definitely hinting that it would NOT be beneficial for HER to be associated with Kayla and Stephan's public trashiness, especially when cops get involved.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, lezlers said:

Before fines got jacked up to astronomical rates, this used to be a regular occurrence in misdemeanor courts.  Get cited for driving without a license and speeding.  Come to court and get arraigned on the charge.  Present your newly attained license.  Entire case, including speeding ticket, gets dismissed with no fines (and no points on your record) at all. 

Those were the days.  ;)

Not to mention the fact that Kayla, despite thinking she's black, isn't.   She doesn't recognize the privilege she has.  Her friend was definitely hinting that it would NOT be beneficial for HER to be associated with Kayla and Stephan's public trashiness, especially when cops get involved.

I thought she was simply making it clear that their trashiness is unacceptable and she is unwilling to have that asshole in her house. Devin was the one who called the police when Stephan was attacking idiot Kayla. She is a level-headed, well-spoken girl. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I thought she was simply making it clear that their trashiness is unacceptable and she is unwilling to have that asshole in her house. Devin was the one who called the police when Stephan was attacking idiot Kayla. She is a level-headed, well-spoken girl. 

She had said on a previous episode that she didn't want to be associated with their trashiness.   They live in a predominantly white area.  It's not really a stretch to think a young black female wouldn't want to be living in THAT apartment where the cops are getting called every other night.

• Love 7