Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Second picture is a screenshot from a video. Mariah says, “This is my house. This is my weaponry to protect my house.”

So no chance an intruder could get to it before you and use it against you then?  Good to know.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

When I was 23 my collection was handbags not nunchucks and things that look like my granddads razor he used to use.

Wow, if he used stuff like that your granddad was hardcore! 😆

I suppose if Mykelti needs to carry her things she can use one of those jumbo popcorn buckets in place of a handbag.

• LOL 2
Just now, LilWharveyGal said:

Wow, if he used stuff like that your granddad was hardcore! 😆

I suppose if Mykelti needs to carry her things she can use one of those jumbo popcorn buckets in place of a handbag.

Those are popcorn buckets or wastepaper baskets ?  Sorry, my decor is not medieval/cosplay/renaissance fair  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I could have lived a long, happy, fulfilled life without seeing that collection of crap.

All their spare time growing themselves on the couch. 

What little spare money they have (plus whatever credit limit they have) collecting memorabilia, probably thinking of it as an "investment". 

Good luck getting back half of what they paid for it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Eh, they get a pass. I know people who collect all kinds of things. My husband has a large collection of knIves and a small gun stash. But, he does have them all under appropriate lock and key/combo, not displayed on the walls. He does have his extensive baseball cap collection on display in our spare room though.

I collect gargoyle statues, have a few gothic/punk fairies, and enough wine glasses and beer steins to open a restaurant, lol. We all have our things.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Eh, they get a pass. I know people who collect all kinds of things. My husband has a large collection of knIves and a small gun stash. But, he does have them all under appropriate lock and key/combo, not displayed on the walls. He does have his extensive baseball cap collection on display in our spare room though.

I collect gargoyle statues, have a few gothic/punk fairies, and enough wine glasses and beer steins to open a restaurant, lol. We all have our things.

I've also collected things in my past - Beatles memorabilia in the 70s and 80s. Fiestaware now (just because I enjoy the colors - I don't buy the old vintage pieces, I just buy it at Macy's or Kohl's when it's half off).  Collecting is not a bad thing, as long as it's done realistically and because one enjoys the items - it's when one starts thinking of it as an investment is where it starts turning to crap. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've also collected things in my past - Beatles memorabilia in the 70s and 80s. Fiestaware now (just because I enjoy the colors - I don't buy the old vintage pieces, I just buy it at Macy's or Kohl's when it's half off).  Collecting is not a bad thing, as long as it's done realistically and because one enjoys the items - it's when one starts thinking of it as an investment is where it starts turning to crap. 

Did they say they consider it an investment? I don't have any social media and can't see any comments they may have made about it.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I could have lived a long, happy, fulfilled life without seeing that collection of crap.

Me, too.  If you want to take a picture of what is on your wall or shelves, turn off the tv.   At first I thought what was on screen was a weird map of where Mariah lived and she was daring people to come to her house so she could fight them.    Alas,  I need more caffeine.

I thought she looked okay in the last picture.  Her hair looks greatly improved, but the leaning against that brick wall as a backdrop --especially with the reflection in the window--detracts from the better impression she might otherwise have made.  I can't really tell about the shape of the dress as it resembles an oversize tee shirt.  The sleeves look tighter than I prefer.  I like the fabric pattern well enough---especially for Independence or Memorial Day.   I would probably prefer to break up the pattern with a red or white belt and wear red and white sandals instead.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I can't really tell about the shape of the dress as it resembles an oversize tee shirt. 

That's what all LLNo dresses look like.  That's why I can't fathom why they cost so much.  The cheapest and easiest dresses to sew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I collect gargoyles too, but have never put photos of them on social media. The first one (a cast of an original) I bought at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris in 1972. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Second picture is a screenshot from a video. Mariah says, “This is my house. This is my weaponry to protect my house.”

36CB82C4-90B9-4E27-A77C-40FB42C33507.jpeg

A09E27E0-01C7-44E5-8132-11E8422573F3.jpeg

I see a Darwin award in the making.  One of those suckers falls off and impales one of them in the head.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I collect gargoyles too, but have never put photos of them on social media. The first one (a cast of an original) I bought at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris in 1972. 

That must be even more special to you now, after the recent fire. I bought a cross necklace there, and it's even more special to me now.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Did they say they consider it an investment? I don't have any social media and can't see any comments they may have made about it.

There was a reply comment to a fan on one of his or her posts once, about how they spent way too much money on nerdy memorabilia but it was an investment thing, so that’s how they justified it.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly long amount of time trawling through their Instagrams and looking for the comment; my IQ has gone down at least 10% from it, so I’ve admitted defeat and given up. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

There was a reply comment to a fan on one of his or her posts once, about how they spent way too much money on nerdy memorabilia but it was an investment thing, so that’s how they justified it.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly long amount of time trawling through their Instagrams and looking for the comment; my IQ has gone down at least 10% from it, so I’ve admitted defeat and given up. 

Ahh thanks! Yeah, considering it an investment is foolish - it's a crapshoot. Ebay has made collecting easier and has cheapened the value of many things. It always makes me laugh when a seller puts "hard to find" in their item description, when there's five more of the same item listed. Plus, what's really popular now may not be so hot in 10 or 20 years.

Reminds me of my mother, who collected Beauty & the Beast memorabilia for years. She actually had a room we all called the Beauty & the Beast room that was filled with stuff on display, everything from pencils, soaps, and mugs to figurines and a very expensive 3D shadow box. She always told us it was our inheritance and to not fight over it, lol. Well, she was considering selling some stuff and had us look online to see what the going price was, and was disappointed to find out that her collection wasn't worth quite as much as she'd hoped.

• Love 4

An acquaintance of mine owns a sports memorabilia shop - people trying to unload collections who have been unsuccessful on eBay etc finally come to his store and are shocked to discover he will only pay at best half of Beckett's unless someone brings in something truly rare. 

The thing a lot of people don't get is that the real value is stuff from pre-1970 - because most of the baseball/sports cards got trashed when the kids grew up and their moms threw all that stuff out, or they were damaged from having rubber bands wrapped around them for 40 years, for example. In the late 80s Costco was selling complete boxed sets of Topps cards, people bought dozens of them to save in their closets or whatever thinking they'd be worth a fortune 25 years later, however it doesn't work quite that way.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

...however it doesn't work quite that way.

The minute things are labeled as "collectibles" - they instantly become worthless.  People run around like idiots buying up the same thing as thousands of others and then, well, forget it.  Go on eBay and see what those "collectible" Beanie Babies are selling for.  The shipping costs more than the things are worth.  It's the same thing with Precious Moments figurines for which people paid big bucks.

FT's toy action figure collection is a big dust collector and nothing more.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

The minute things are labeled as "collectibles" - they instantly become worthless. 

How many Hoarders episodes have had lots of unopened boxes from Bradford Exchange????  And the hoarder is SURE it's all valuable.

• Love 8

Collect what you love, and you will love your collection.  Never assume that anything will increase in value.

FT and Mykelti will likely be disappointed if they believe any "collectible" will fund their retirement.  

• Love 10
On 7/16/2019 at 8:53 AM, DaphneCat said:

So no chance an intruder could get to it before you and use it against you then?  Good to know.

My thoughts too.

Plus they’re Teevee stars who’ve advertised on public social media the outside of their house a few times, exactly what’s in their house in the way of multiple huge tvs, a good camera (that they have no idea how to use), laptops, video games and collectors things that may be of worth to someone. An intruder now also knows where to grab a threatening attack tool (or ten) onsite.

Those two are so full of tacos, you just know they don’t run. If there’s a violent home invasion using their own weaponry, they’re ain’t coming out on top. Luckily no one is going to be able to steal Mykelti’s ring, that sucker is firmly stuck there on her finger for life, it would need to be chopped off. Thank god a crazed intruder doesn’t have easy access to a samurai sword or two...oh...

Stay in school kids. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, lma said:

Lol, but seriously I definitely think everybody’s looking at what Meri’s making and thinking they can just sell LulaNo instead. They’re not thinking about whether or not it’s sustainable long term and certainly not about the company’s ethics. 

The way Meri rubs elbows with the founders, I’m inclined to believe she really does make hundreds of thousands (I know it sounds incredulous as she’s a Z-lister with a bad attitude who sells ugly, overpriced clothes, but this world is a crazy place and stranger things have happened ).

What I want to know is if Meri has been down to Mexico for the LulaNo tummy tuck? How crazy is that? I bet the founders have told her about it.

Or at least a chicklet to fix that wonky brown tooth

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, lma said:

Lol, but seriously I definitely think everybody’s looking at what Meri’s making and thinking they can just sell LulaNo instead. They’re not thinking about whether or not it’s sustainable long term and certainly not about the company’s ethics. 

The way Meri rubs elbows with the founders, I’m inclined to believe she really does make hundreds of thousands (I know it sounds incredulous as she’s a Z-lister with a bad attitude who sells ugly, overpriced clothes, but this world is a crazy place and stranger things have happened ).

What I want to know is if Meri has been down to Mexico for the LulaNo tummy tuck? How crazy is that? I bet the founders have told her about it.

Isn't it the gastric sleeve surgery that is rumored for LuLaNo higher-ups?  Anyway, if that was part of the dill, I'd get a legit job.  With you know, all those boring benefits.  Medical insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, etc.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lma said:

I would guess she's the rung or two below that.  I KNOW they have no money management skills but if she was truly making that kind of bank she would not have had to resort to such "creative" financing to buy the B&B.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I would guess she's the rung or two below that.  I KNOW they have no money management skills but if she was truly making that kind of bank she would not have had to resort to such "creative" financing to buy the B&B.

If Meri was a LLR mentor, we'd know it. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

This probably belongs in the Meri thread but she’s listed as a trainer on her website. 0B445130-E3FD-44E7-9D9A-4135415AEF53.thumb.jpeg.d01d1040ab96ed35585910db72a19980.jpeg

I would say due to her celebrity she’d be in the ‘high’ bonus earnings bracket of around $230k annually. 

8830FD2A-CCC9-43A8-B702-D524AB167AC4.thumb.jpeg.58b8bc72b1e161b9ad631d394ced3353.jpeg

That’s not including her retail sales which would again likely be good due to being a known personality with fans who’ll lap up her crap. She’ll be cleaning up in this pyramid scheme, no doubt about it. Robyn would be furiously jealous she didn’t jump on board first. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

This probably belongs in the Meri thread but she’s listed as a trainer on her website. 0B445130-E3FD-44E7-9D9A-4135415AEF53.thumb.jpeg.d01d1040ab96ed35585910db72a19980.jpeg

I would say due to her celebrity she’d be in the ‘high’ bonus earnings bracket of around $230k annually. 

8830FD2A-CCC9-43A8-B702-D524AB167AC4.thumb.jpeg.58b8bc72b1e161b9ad631d394ced3353.jpeg

That’s not including her retail sales which would again likely be good due to being a known personality with fans who’ll lap up her crap. She’ll be cleaning up in this pyramid scheme, no doubt about it. Robyn would be furiously jealous she didn’t jump on board first. 

I think the bonus structure changed in 2017 where uplines get bonuses based on the sales of its downline rather than their purchases. So that number would be way down. Maddie doesn't seem to be involved with LLR anymore, and I'm guessing that Christine and Mykelti signed up under someone else. 

Pretty telling to me that apparently LLR hasn't released an income statement since 2016.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The minute things are labeled as "collectibles" - they instantly become worthless.  People run around like idiots buying up the same thing as thousands of others and then, well, forget it.  Go on eBay and see what those "collectible" Beanie Babies are selling for.  The shipping costs more than the things are worth.  It's the same thing with Precious Moments figurines for which people paid big bucks.

FT's toy action figure collection is a big dust collector and nothing more.

True.  My coworker had a baseball card collection.  When he told me 10 of the cards he had I looked them up online and he had $50K worth.  That didn't include the other cards.  He had a few vintage toys that had never been removed from the packaging, worth $8,000.  Two Tiffany lamps worth $185K.    His wife relegated his collections to the attic.  I told him he needed to purchase a safe for his collection and a special insurance for his collection.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

That's an unfortunate photo of poor Truley.

Especially because someone really just needs to comb her hair.  But my biggest criticism is - Who gives a child Yoohoo for breakfast?  That shit is chocolate SODA not chocolate milk.  Would she really think she should post it if the kid was slurping down Coca-Cola for breakfast?  No wonder these kids all have weight/health issues.

• Love 6
(edited)
54 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Especially because someone really just needs to comb her hair.  But my biggest criticism is - Who gives a child Yoohoo for breakfast?  That shit is chocolate SODA not chocolate milk.  Would she really think she should post it if the kid was slurping down Coca-Cola for breakfast?  No wonder these kids all have weight/health issues.

Is she staying at Mykelti's or is Mykelti visiting Christine? 

ETA - I know she's just a kid (9, right?) but she is really pudgy.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  My coworker had a baseball card collection.  When he told me 10 of the cards he had I looked them up online and he had $50K worth.  That didn't include the other cards.  He had a few vintage toys that had never been removed from the packaging, worth $8,000.  Two Tiffany lamps worth $185K.    His wife relegated his collections to the attic.  I told him he needed to purchase a safe for his collection and a special insurance for his collection.

Basically, at the end of the day they're worth whatever you can get someone else to pay for them.  My first husband was into bb cards and the vast majority of cards issued are "common" worth maybe 5-25 cents. 

There's also the matter of counterfeit cards. There are lots of fake Honus Wagner and Mickey Mantle rookie cards out there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Basically, at the end of the day they're worth whatever you can get someone else to pay for them.  

Whenever my husband says, "This card is worth $300," I tell him to go find someone who will pay that for it.

So far, nothing has left the house.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

My thoughts too.

Plus they’re Teevee stars who’ve advertised on public social media the outside of their house a few times, exactly what’s in their house in the way of multiple huge tvs, a good camera (that they have no idea how to use), laptops, video games and collectors things that may be of worth to someone. An intruder now also knows where to grab a threatening attack tool (or ten) onsite.

Those two are so full of tacos, you just know they don’t run. If there’s a violent home invasion using their own weaponry, they’re ain’t coming out on top. Luckily no one is going to be able to steal Mykelti’s ring, that sucker is firmly stuck there on her finger for life, it would need to be chopped off. Thank god a crazed intruder doesn’t have easy access to a samurai sword or two...oh...

Stay in school kids. 

Just, wow. I know these types. Video-game playing pudballs with collections of "weapons" on the walls. In the right hands, even chintzy props can be extremely dangerous (I can't tell from their blurry photo whether or not their stuff is decent), but I doubt these two have done anything with these items except hang them on the walls. They're just asking to have those things used against them or stolen (while they're hiding in the closet peeing themselves on with 911). The immaturity is profound. 

Side note: I, too, have a collection of axes and knives and they are not hung on the wall. They are stashed away in backpacks, camelbaks, body armor and bags in case I ever need one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And maybe she could loan the other deadbeats tax money.  WHICH STILL HAS NOT BEEN PAID!  I guess they are too busy vacationing like people that actually have money.  It would be highly entertaining to me (ok, I have a mean streak) if they had something seized for nonpayment.  It just fries my bacon that they are living the high life while ignoring their obligations.  Way to show you care about your new state.  Don't pay your effin taxes.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Being svelte is not in their genes and really NO ONE needs that much sugar in the am.  Especially one who has some issues when her diet is not right per Kody.  My guess is she is always jacked up on sugar.

• Love 6
(edited)

I seem to recall it being said that Truley doesn’t behave well, or something like that, when she eats crap. Oh well, I guess?

It seems she’s staying with Mykelti.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 9

Kootie said that Truely "gets mean" when she eats crap.  He was "doing" her hair for Aspyn's weddingk.  She wanted his Shirley Temple do.  

I wonder how she would be different if she would have had half of the attention Kootie has given to King Sol and AriMae.  He barely made it to the delivery room when Truely was born, thanks to dear Robyn.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Just, wow. I know these types. Video-game playing pudballs with collections of "weapons" on the walls. In the right hands, even chintzy props can be extremely dangerous (I can't tell from their blurry photo whether or not their stuff is decent), but I doubt these two have done anything with these items except hang them on the walls.

Yeah absolutely. There’s been more than a few headlines I’ve seen of dimwit people getting impaled by these replica type things. Once they reproduce (shudder) they’d surely have to grow up and get rid of them, as that is a major safety risk if they fell off or were pulled off by a curious child. 

Also @TurtlePower I’m very embarrassed that you highlighted a glaring grammatical error of mine I didn’t notice until now (hangs head in shame). At least it’s in good company, being as it's immortalised in Mykelti’s thread I suppose. 😉 8AFFF2EC-0FD2-44EE-A8E2-5A11EED04B9B.thumb.jpeg.130bfe348e8419ee05c72335d3b67748.jpeg

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I seem to recall it being said that Truley doesn’t behave well, or something like that, when she eats crap. Oh well, I guess?

It seems she’s staying with Mykelti.

Yup. Checked Mykelti's IG story and she was at In&Out with poor Truely and what looked to be a triple order of fries. This was around lunchtime and since it's Thursday I'm guessing FT was at work. Truely will probably gain 5 pounds while she's at Chez Tokelti.

• Love 2