Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

This was announced 10 hours ago. We are 110 minutes into today's show and it hasn't been mentioned. Curses. Foiled again.

Former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton will speak Friday at the funeral of Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, who died last week at 68.

Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are also among those scheduled to speak, according to Cummings’s office.

“At the request of Mrs. (Maya) Rockeymoore-Cummings, he will deliver remarks about the remarkable life and legacy of one of this country’s finest public servants,” Obama spokeswoman Katie Hill said in a statement late Wednesday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/obama-to-speak-at-cummingss-funeral-in-baltimore-on-friday/2019/10/23/834ed058-f600-11e9-a285-882a8e386a96_story.html

• Love 1

My bad. I just saw the first minute of the show during the third hour rerun.

I'll see your wedding photos and raise you two former presidents was superficially acknowledged before shifting into baseball mode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, suomi said:

" ... they intend to profit from his death?"

Yep. Mostly by pandering to black voters. "Keep Your Eyes On The Prize." We underestimate them if we assume they're too dumb to play chess.

Yeah, I agree lol.

If not monetarily profit, they’re clearly trying to profit with cultural-political-social clout from this. What other reason is there to keep using your wedding photos, where he is a secondary background figure, when you have a production-research team at the ready to provide no shortage of professional photos of the man? 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, suomi said:

" ... they intend to profit from his death?"

Yep. Mostly by pandering to black voters. "Keep Your Eyes On The Prize." We underestimate them if we assume they're too dumb to play chess.

Joe has frequently told viewers how popular he was with African Americans in school & in Congress. Wasn't he an honorary member of the Congressional Black Caucus ?

• LOL 1
On 10/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, suomi said:

Former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton will speak Friday at the funeral of Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, who died last week at 68.

Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are also among those scheduled to speak, according to Cummings’s office.

“At the request of Mrs. (Maya) Rockeymoore-Cummings, he will deliver remarks about the remarkable life and legacy of one of this country’s finest public servants,” Obama spokeswoman Katie Hill said in a statement late Wednesday.

Joe's not delivering the eulogy?   

Wonder how the Bobsey Twins are holding up with two of their mortal enemies speaking at Rep Cummings' funeral. 

So far it's been a lovely service.  The daughters are just delightful. 

Because of Joe and Mika’s close association with Elijah Cummings, Everyone is welcome to discuss the funeral service in the Small Talk thread. 

25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe's not delivering the eulogy?   

Wonder how the Bobsey Twins are holding up with two of their mortal enemies speaking at Rep Cummings' funeral. 

So far it's been a lovely service.  The daughters are just delightful. 

I think it's more appropriate for Obama & Clinton to give the eulogies. Mika & Joe would get too emotional.

• Love 3

I don't quite get how less than an hour (this was posted today at 12:41 pm) after the funeral of  Rep Cummings we talk about Nancy Pelosi, a women's soccer team, the women moderators of the next debate, and, wait for it, Mika's new book,  but I guess that's where we are.  

Today we're supposed to push "reset", and if you go to KYV.com Mika's gonna show you how. 

Mika I turn on MSNBC at 6 am every morning, and within about 60 seconds, I "reset" the channel on my tv to something else. Is that what you're talking about? 

Might want to stay off the internet today, I don't think there are enough emotional support cakes on the East coast of the United States to get you thru the shit storm you and hubby have unleashed on yourselves. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Twitter should send them the biggest emotional support cake they can find since they are creating almost all of their traffic today.  Geez they really stepped in it this time.

3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Today we're supposed to push "reset", and if you go to KYV.com Mika's gonna show you how. 

Mika I turn on MSNBC at 6 am every morning, and within about 60 seconds, I "reset" the channel on my tv to something else. Is that what you're talking about? 

Might want to stay off the internet today, I don't think there are enough emotional support cakes on the East coast of the United States to get you thru the shit storm you and hubby have unleashed on yourselves. 

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1

I'll say it again.  What is it with these people (Joe and Meeka) who insist on over-sharing or making pronouncements on Twitter (or whatever that was).  For God's sake, why can't you just take off a weekend and relax?  Are your egos so big that you feel the entire country needs to "follow" you or know what your opinions are on everything.  Shut up.  

There, I feel better.  I hate to be catty, but (let's be)... I saw a picture of Joe on some website - His hair was not as high as usual.  With semi-angry eyes, the stubborn jaw and low hair, he could be a twin for Cavanaugh.  I was seriously taken aback.

• Love 2

Donnie Deutsche was on Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night, bloviating about Medicare for All and how he refused to give up his private health insurance that his "parents worked so hard to get for him."

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

Donnie Deutsche was on Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night, bloviating about Medicare for All and how he refused to give up his private health insurance that his "parents worked so hard to get for him."

Ahh Donnie. That working class stiff who inherited a major advertising firm from his father who is struggling to keep what he earned.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Mrs S takes to the internet to tell everyone how wonderful, albeit cowardly, "this man" is. 

That's probably a huge part of what is so incredibly annoying about her.  Just once, I'd like to see her tell Joe to STFU because he's said something incredibly stupid and/or wrong.  But no, she's so fucking glued to him at the pelvis that she goes blindly along when he lurches from one insane idea to another.

3 hours ago, Eliot said:

How this man has a career as a political pundit is completely beyond me.  He has even fewer credentials and less credibility than Mika.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Poor Joe. Can't defend himself, pouting in the basement, so Mrs S takes to the internet to tell everyone how wonderful, albeit cowardly, "this man" is. 

😂 of course she did it on the platform where she can delete comments she doesn’t like. Of course. 

• Love 3

From the episode thread: 

2 HOURS AGO, XAXAT SAID:

Boy, that plaid shirt Mika is wearing in that fourth tweet is something.

image.png.dc6776ba2584098076aaabbc418364b5.png

OK, now I'm going to be singing "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK. I sleep all night and I work all day" for the rest of the night.

Except, of course, we'd have to work those lyrics. "Work all day"? Not so much.

Edited by Jordan Baker
Edited to add picture.
  • LOL 6

Whoa. That Instagram. What the hell was that about? Meeka Mika-boo has to come to Joey's defense?! Like somehow we respect her and her vast depth of knowledge so if she says it's ok we'll all back down??? OMG! (And, of course she had to include not one, but 2 freaking glamour shots.) Her kids must be dying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Is she joking about them going high when others go low?  Joe insults the president every day.  They speculate about his mental health and laugh about it. Mika smirks at all of Joe's snarky remarks.

Whether you like Trump or hate him, there is no doubt they've been down in the mud with him.  And now they are principled and above all the insults?  I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, meowmommy said:

That's probably a huge part of what is so incredibly annoying about her.  Just once, I'd like to see her tell Joe to STFU because he's said something incredibly stupid and/or wrong.  But no, she's so fucking glued to him at the pelvis that she goes blindly along when he lurches from one insane idea to another.

How this man has a career as a political pundit is completely beyond me.  He has even fewer credentials and less credibility than Mika.

Didn't Donny's advertising agency encourage clients to advertise on NBC & MSNBC ? He must have provided substantial amounts of revenue for the network in order for them to justify keeping him on the network.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Is she joking about them going high when others go low?  Joe insults the president every day.  They speculate about his mental health and laugh about it. Mika smirks at all of Joe's snarky remarks.

Whether you like Trump or hate him, there is no doubt they've been down in the mud with him.  And now they are principled and above all the insults?  I'll believe it when I see it.

I completely agree with you.  Mika & Joe have been making personal insults against Trump shortly after Trump was inaugurated. They mocked him for inviting them to the White was House in January 2017 . He gave them a tour of the White House & Mika sneered that she had been going there since the Carter administration.

I remember when Joe was complaining that he had to go to Mar A Largo around NYE to get an interview with President Elect Trump. Jared Kushner told him he could have called anytime since he was friends with Trump. He didn't have to show up to beg for an interview.

• Love 4

So Joe's book release, according to Amazon, has been pushed back FOR A YEAR. 

I just went on Amazon and it says "currently unavailable you can pre order for release, Oct 13 2020. 

What the fuck? I thought it was coming out next month. 

Who announces a book release date a year early?  Unless you're JK Rowling or George rr Martin? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So Joe's book release, according to Amazon, has been pushed back FOR A YEAR. 

I just went on Amazon and it says "currently unavailable you can pre order for release, Oct 13 2020. 

What the fuck? I thought it was coming out next month. 

Who announces a book release date a year early?  Unless you're JK Rowling or George rr Martin? 

You’re correct, it was supposed to be out this year. Interesting. Wonder who threatened what for that delay. 🤔 

• Love 4

Or Joe Scarborough who needs to now add another chapter after yesterday's kerfuffle. You know, to brag about his bravery, being the Moral Authority for America, lecturing the little people about their bad behavior, that "we don't do that"...all with a straight face and his little home-wrecker at his side, tsk tsking. You can't make this shit up. They are making it just too easy for SNL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Heads up fans of Streetfighter Mika!

Tom Brokaw has a book coming  out re Nixon's impeachment, so even tho he's been accused of harassing an NBC employee, I'm sure that won't stop Joe & Mika from having him on the "We Don't Care What You Did, We Won't Let Rando's Be Mean To You" Hour of Power. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Or Joe Scarborough who needs to now add another chapter after yesterday's kerfuffle.

Or to incorporate the impeachment into the book and claim he predicted it all along.

15 hours ago, oakville said:

I remember when Joe was complaining that he had to go to Mar A Largo around NYE to get an interview with President Elect Trump.

Isn't that the infamous falling out over the facelift?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

The delay for the book might mean that Joe is considering a career change.  He will write all about it in new chapters for the memoir.  He is a legend in his own mind.

OMG do you think he's delusional enough to run for POTUS? 

Are either of the FL Senate seats up in 2020 ?  

Or do we think he's going to jump ship when some NDA shit hits the fan at NBC?  Is he positioning himself to be the Shep Smith replacement at Fox?  Then Mika can focus on her scam and not have to get up at 5:45 am anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Isn't that the infamous falling out over the facelift?

Yes she didn't want to go but claims Trump begged her to come because he's cuckoo for coco puffs for her. So she and Joe dragged themselves out of the house in their loungy sweats and uggs like me going to Trader Joes at 8 am on a snowy Sunday, to attend the NYE party at Mar a Lago and all they ended up with was a catfight with Maggie Haberman and Trump announcing to the world that Mika had had a face lift. 

Remember after he said all that stuff and she had Nicole on the show telling her how great her face lift was that she'd give Nicole the name of her plastic surgeon.

Nicole looked at her like "Bitch please". 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Thank for the heads up, teddysmom, that delay is really bizarre. Isn't it called "This Ends Badly" - surely there's a very narrow timeframe where those "here are my first-hand insights into Trump's personality" books are relevant and popular. If it comes out in mid-October 2020 that's like 3 weeks away from the election, where (hopefully) people will be looking to the future and no longer interested in Trump's moodswings and totally predictable authoritarian impulses. And "this ends badly" is hardly a useful prediction at that point, when presumably impeachment etc will have played itself out. 

Those are some really weird publishing decisions. Unless he's changing everything including the title, etc? 

• Love 3

teddysmom...you may have hit on something.  Fox might need some credibility (I know) and maybe with Joe they could fake it.  He is a Conservative (cue the choir and hushed tones) and would maybe bring some Never-Trumpers to the network.  Meeka could go with him ... but she would have to go back to wearing sheaths and stilettos.  Upside - she would have an entire new network of female reporters to bring into her KYV vanity project. This would be great publicity for Fox.  

Winning! For all of us.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

OMG do you think he's delusional enough to run for POTUS? 

Are either of the FL Senate seats up in 2020 ?  

Or do we think he's going to jump ship when some NDA shit hits the fan at NBC?  Is he positioning himself to be the Shep Smith replacement at Fox?  Then Mika can focus on her scam and not have to get up at 5:45 am anymore. 

I would love to see delusional Joe run for POTUS or Senate.

There won't be an election to the US Senate in Florida till 2022.

Joe considered running for Senate in 2010. The problem was that the GOP refused to bar Governor Charlie Crist & Marco Rubio from running for the GOP nomination. Joe wanted to be acclaimed as the GOP candidate. Joe argued that it would save the party money if he was acclaimed as the nominee. Rubio ended up winning the nomination.

Joe showed his compassion for Florida by agreeing to film several episodes of Morning Joe with Mika . They would film episodes in Pensacola on the beach etc.

Joe told his wife Susan to stay in Connecticut so she wouldn't have to see the oil stained beaches caused by the BP oil spill.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

There is no way Joe has the stamina or work ethic necessary to run for office. It is grueling and exhausting, and he's gotten too fat, dumb, and happy to survive the rigors of a campaign. Remember Fred Thompson, the TV celebrity who was supposed to be the big Republican party savior back in 2012 (or was it 2008)? He lasted a whole couple of months on the campaign trail before he said screw this and went back to being a TV celebrity.

Joe would never be able to adjust to having to give up all his days off to do meet and greets at nursing homes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Remember Fred Thompson, the TV celebrity who was supposed to be the big Republican party savior back in 2012 (or was it 2008)? He lasted a whole couple of months on the campaign trail before he said screw this and went back to being a TV celebrity.

In fairness to the late Big Fred, he first became known nationally because he was the chief counsel to the Republicans on the Senate Watergate Committee.  He questioned a lot of the witnesses that came in front of the committee.  His talent and demeanor were a smidge different than we see from, um, say, current Republicans on any of the House committees; i.e., he was good at his job without being an asshole.  And he was a sitting Senator for almost 20 years.  So he didn't just go from being a useless celebrity to become a presidential candidate, unlike say, oh, I don't know, somebody, it's on the tip of my tongue...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

In fairness to the late Big Fred, he first became known nationally because he was the chief counsel to the Republicans on the Senate Watergate Committee.  He questioned a lot of the witnesses that came in front of the committee.  His talent and demeanor were a smidge different than we see from, um, say, current Republicans on any of the House committees; i.e., he was good at his job without being an asshole.  And he was a sitting Senator for almost 20 years.  So he didn't just go from being a useless celebrity to become a presidential candidate, unlike say, oh, I don't know, somebody, it's on the tip of my tongue...

LOL, but that was kind of my point. Thompson was a credible political figure, but once he got a taste of the celebrity life he lost the drive necessary to run a full-on campaign.

8 hours ago, Eliot said:

There is no way Joe has the stamina or work ethic necessary to run for office. It is grueling and exhausting, and he's gotten too fat, dumb, and happy to survive the rigors of a campaign. Remember Fred Thompson, the TV celebrity who was supposed to be the big Republican party savior back in 2012 (or was it 2008)? He lasted a whole couple of months on the campaign trail before he said screw this and went back to being a TV celebrity.

Joe would never be able to adjust to having to give up all his days off to do meet and greets at nursing homes.

Joe made a suggestion  in 2007 that Fred Thompson's wife was a stripper that was working the pole.

https://thehill.com/capital-living/21105-joe-scarboroughs-comment-about-thompsons-wife

There is no way that Joe would have the guts to run for political office again. He is unable to handle any criticism.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe made a suggestion  in 2007 that Fred Thompson's wife was a stripper that was working the pole.

Oakville I believe they explicitly pointed out yesterday that no one should go looking for crude ugly statements  or tweets that someone made years ago in an attempt to point out what an asshole that person is.

You just have to go back three days "We're Americans. We DO NOT BOO the President" for that.

🤣

• Love 1

Mika's tribute to her mother includes "Mom says I was a difficult child to raise, and even more difficult to educate".  WTF!  Is she BRAGGING about this?  (the entire statement is on IG). 

What kind of family are the Brzezinski's if this is Mika's takeaway from her Mother? 

You were difficult and not that bright. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

What kind of family are the Brzezinski's if this is Mika's takeaway from her Mother?

Her mother sounds like a real piece of work.
Poor young Mika having to deal with that environment.  Her parents were as humorous and loving as a branding iron.  We can actually see the results in Mika's adulthood.  It's sad, really.  Her words of affection, "She's tough as nails."  jesus.
A therapist would get to the bottom of things inside of the first 2 minutes' conversation.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Her mother sounds like a real piece of work.
Poor young Mika having to deal with that environment.  Her parents were as humorous and loving as a branding iron.  We can actually see the results in Mika's adulthood.  It's sad, really.  Her words of affection, "She's tough as nails."  jesus.
A therapist would get to the bottom of things inside of the first 2 minutes' conversation.

She never discusses any experiences with her Mother, just the insults. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-my-father-s-greatest-legacy-was-love-ncna1016291

In this article about her Father, she wavers between making him sound almost like a contemporary who was smitten with her, to this odd statement:

His children almost made his life more meaningful. He radiated joy when he was able to share his accomplishments with her and their three children. But even we kids always knew it was his “Muska” and later “Bamba” who he needed the most.

share with his wife "and their three children"  ?   She's talking about her mother, herself and her siblings.   Who describes their family this way?  And the kids "almost made his life more meaningful".   Wow. 

Be sure and check out the letters Zbig wrote to her, scolding her for not repaying loan he made to her. 

And again, I just don't get why Mika almost brags about her lack of intellect. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

And again, I just don't get why Mika almost brags about her lack of intellect.

This statement was quite odd:

I think my success may have been surprising to him because I was such a heavy lift academically. 

Heavy lift?  Did someone lift her academically, as in do the work for her or put in a word with the right people, so she passed?

Was Mika was a lousy student because she's stupid or because she just didn't do the work?  But maybe the later statement,

My father was involved with every detail of my life. And he kept track of everything I did.

explains it all.  And why she leans so hard on Joe now since she doesn't have her father to carry her any more.

59 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Who describes their family this way?  And the kids "almost made his life more meaningful". 

A shitty writer, who understands nothing about style or nuance, that's who.

• Love 5