Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, oakville said:

I love watching the Hallmark Christmas movies!

Stephen Colbert recently did a parody of the Hallmark Christmas movies, and I jokingly said at the time that I'd start watching them, but I really think I might.  I need some mindless, badly acted, laughingly produced, cloyingly sweet fluff to distract me from the cares of the world.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, teddysmom said:

Okay here's your Monday Motivation

So what we're learning today is Mika was told years ago not to ask for a raise because "people won't like you".

I'm sure she misheard the comment, and it was more along the lines of "people DON'T like you, and you going in there asking for a raise is a waste of time". 

Here's my motivation for you Mika:  You got what you wanted. A huge salary, a dipshit husband, and a job that lets you fuck around.   No one likes you and you don't care so SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

I strongly disagree with Mika.  I believe both men and women should try to be likeable, while also being assertive and doing a good job.  People respond better to people that they like. Of course, not everyone will like you, but you should at least try.

Also, it is easy to say that being likeable doesn't matter when you are sleeping with the boss.  

• Love 6

Yowza. I couldn't believe that little motivational message. What a SHREW! OMG, whatever happened to civility and team work??? She sounds so hostile! Again, Little Miss Do As  I Say (command), Not As I Do...seems to me she became a little, ahem, "Friendly" with her boss First, thus losing the Respect of her family, coworkers, and  most of her audience. IIRC, she  snagged her first husband on the job, too.

It seems to me that she's trying to make up for her behavior  and subsequent ruined reputation by pretending the last few years never happened. Overcompensate much, Meeks?

• Love 4

Another podcast mention of the show. The wonky policy site Vox.com's podcast The Weeds was discussing Michael Bloomberg's potential entrance into the race. One of the hosts said that "The Bloomberg constituency appears to be the people who appear on Morning Joe."

Which made me laugh because it is funny and true.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika’s decision to advertise female empowerment by changing her wardrobe to the feminized version of her newest husband’s wardrobe, right down to the Stan Smiths sans socks, sure is a decision. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, meowmommy said:

Dressed in clamdiggers, ready to conquer the business world.  I especially liked this response:

Wait . . . wut? . . . wtf . . . what is this?  What is this I'm Going To Plant My Organic Herb Garden garb when she has preached dressing for success?  Seriously I am so confused.  I am a woman over 55 that has been completely run over in the job market because of my work history/taking care of parents but I can guarantee you neither of the outfits shown above would be my first picks for a job interview.

Seriously MSNBC . . . seriously?

• Love 5

And now I am just being mean but I will never tire of this picture as it so encapsulates the Scarborough's.  Jesus Christ I will never understand what she was thinking when she agreed to pose for this horror of a photo that will live on in infamy:

image.png.cb03690627f4a2c3d8505184facd22a1.png

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I am a woman over 55 that has been completely run over in the job market because of my work history/taking care of parents but I can guarantee you neither of the outfits shown above would be my first picks for a job interview.

I can't claim taking care of parents (they be gone), but everything else you said reflects me and my view.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks they're going to get meaningful career advice from this woman.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I can't claim taking care of parents (they be gone), but everything else you said reflects me and my view.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks they're going to get meaningful career advice from this woman.

Thank you for this meowmommy as this is exactly how I feel.  I would never, EVER take advice from a network talking head that has a useful last name in terms of my career.  Glad she got a new outfit out of the deal but for the life of me I can't imagine why she thought this was a good idea.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Chloesmom said:

And now I am just being mean but I will never tire of this picture as it so encapsulates the Scarborough's.  Jesus Christ I will never understand what she was thinking when she agreed to pose for this horror of a photo that will live on in infamy:

image.png.cb03690627f4a2c3d8505184facd22a1.png

It is so embarrassing that two married journalists would pose for a picture like this. 

Mika played the sex card to get her good paying job and a new husband, and now she wants to pretend like she succeeded on her own.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/i-feel-so-lucky-google-s-leigh-gallagher-shares-her-ncna1083041

Can someone please explain to me how this article helps other people?   My takeaway from it is this, if Google offers to make you an executive, you take the offer and figure out the rest.
I guess the point behind all of it is that Meeks got to hold a baby.

Leigh used to be a regular panelist on Morning Joe. She was very nice & explained economic issues to Joe & Mika.

• Useful 1

Soledad O’Brien, whom I love, is not a fan of the Scarboroughs.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-soledad-obrien-became-cnn-and-the-mainstream-medias-most-outspoken-critic

“I’m never going to be friends with Joe Scarborough. That’s OK. That’s not happening. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to be friends with me,” O’Brien said with a laugh. Despite their generally fierce criticism of Trump over the past three years, “I think Joe and Mika have a short memory about how much they had President Trump on and were his besties when he was running for office,” O’Brien said. “And it was all a big joke. I don’t think that’s mean, I think it’s just honest about people’s roles.”

On a recent podcast, O’Brien was even more pointed in her scolding of the married Morning Joe duo. “They’re tiresome,” she told interviewer Michael Golden. “He and Mika had Trump on their show dialing in, all laughing, going to give him advice and consulting with him. I mean, come on! Give it a break!… It’s a little too precious and a little too exhausting. Also, where are they? I think they live in Florida now. But they’re never actually on their show. It’s the weirdest thing. I thought ‘tiresome’ was a good word because they’re just a waste of time, honestly.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Oh goodness is there a screaming font because if there isn't one should be developed as this is just the best article EVER!  I too am a huge fan of Soledad especially since she is so consistent and methodical in her thoughts and criticisms so her scorching of the Coo-some Two-some is notable.   Eliot, thank you so much for posting this, it made my whole night!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I too am a huge fan of Soledad especially since she is so consistent and methodical in her thoughts and criticisms so her scorching of the Coo-some Two-some is notable.

I liked her thoughts on JoeMika, too, but then I focused, later in the article, on some irony of her obtaining a foundational grant of $500,000 to make a film about four kids who have to choose between tuition and eating--money that could have been used to help them pay tuition and eat.

Not that JoeMika would ever lift a manicured nail to help a student trying to get by.  

47 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh goodness is there a screaming font because if there isn't one should be developed as this is just the best article EVER!  I too am a huge fan of Soledad especially since she is so consistent and methodical in her thoughts and criticisms so her scorching of the Coo-some Two-some is notable.   Eliot, thank you so much for posting this, it made my whole night!

I listened to the podcast. It was hilarious.  I could not stop laughing when Soledad was curious as to why they don't bother to show up to the studio very much anymore.

• LOL 2
30 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I liked her thoughts on JoeMika, too, but then I focused, later in the article, on some irony of her obtaining a foundational grant of $500,000 to make a film about four kids who have to choose between tuition and eating--money that could have been used to help them pay tuition and eat.

Not that JoeMika would ever lift a manicured nail to help a student trying to get by.  

Mika could offer the starving students  a discount to attend her motivational seminars on KnowYourValue.

Edited by oakville

From the article.

Scarborough, Brzezinski and MSNBC—which recently celebrated a record-breaking October for the 6-9 a.m. program, with an average of 1.23 million viewers—declined to comment on O’Brien’s broadside.

Sigh. .  I guess that means the breakfast nook is here to stay.

36 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

My guess is that it was a grant to do a specific project, not money she could spend as she wished. Even if it wasn't, a project like that amplifies the voice many who are need and that publicity may well generate a policy debate that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, xaxat said:

My guess is that it was a grant to do a specific project, not money she could spend as she wished. Even if it wasn't, a project like that amplifies the voice many who are need and that publicity may well generate a policy debate that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I know that's how it happened, it's what the project was meant to accomplish, and it was meant with the best intentions.  It just struck me with a little cognitive dissonance. 

And then, in contrast, you have a "power couple" like the Scarboroughs, who, AFAIK, have never done one thing that wasn't designed to improve their own bottom lines.  Even Mika's KYV might be less of a joke (her complete lack of expertise notwithstanding) if her focus was on helping needy, struggling women, instead of as a vanity project and cash cow.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

I know that's how it happened, it's what the project was meant to accomplish, and it was meant with the best intentions.  It just struck me with a little cognitive dissonance. 

And then, in contrast, you have a "power couple" like the Scarboroughs, who, AFAIK, have never done one thing that wasn't designed to improve their own bottom lines.  Even Mika's KYV might be less of a joke (her complete lack of expertise notwithstanding) if her focus was on helping needy, struggling women, instead of as a vanity project and cash cow.

Joe has been getting very upset at the prospect of Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders winning the Democratic nomination. Joe has complained that if they won the nomination they would implement for Medicare for All. Joe said that would be a disaster for the USA since poor people that were uninsured would use up medical supplies & medical doctors resources.

Mika & Joe would probably start a charitable foundation to advocate for denying  access to medical treatment for poor uninsured people. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, xaxat said:

Scarborough, Brzezinski and MSNBC—which recently celebrated a record-breaking October for the 6-9 a.m. program, with an average of 1.23 million viewers—declined to comment on O’Brien’s broadside.

Ok, somebody help me here.  How on earth do these two jerks and their sorry band of merry men rack up those numbers as there are so many really good, informative programs on at the same time?  I will be the first to admit it is must watch TV at the top of their first hour but after the first 60 seconds (of me snarkily taking attendance) all bets are off.

GAH!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I think the show gets ratings because there is nothing else like it on early morning TV.  I watch less and less these days; we have a local (Raleigh) station that is pretty good.  But like it or not, the show is sometimes funny (often unintentionally); and most of the time gets great guests.    They both put themselves out there for their vanity projects.  I personally compare them to ambulance chasers; and their egos are off-the-charts.  But it seems to work for the network.  Until someday, hopefully, they will wear out their welcome.  So the ratings are no surprise.  Disappointing, yes.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I think the show gets ratings because there is nothing else like it on early morning TV.  I watch less and less these days; we have a local (Raleigh) station that is pretty good.  But like it or not, the show is sometimes funny (often unintentionally); and most of the time gets great guests.    They both put themselves out there for their vanity projects.  I personally compare them to ambulance chasers; and their egos are off-the-charts.  But it seems to work for the network.  Until someday, hopefully, they will wear out their welcome.  So the ratings are no surprise.  Disappointing, yes.  

Agree, Kemper.  I watch it because of the unbelievable egos, bizarre diatribes, and the personal baggage Joe and Meeks bring on the show. It is like a parody of an actual news program.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

It is like a parody of an actual news program.

This is the perfect description, or review. (I would love to see it in my Dish TV Guide, LOL). It's like watching The Office except it's intentional, it's their reality. They have no qualms about coming off as they do and they continually get worse - but I've tried to move past outrage and settle back for the camp. 

Bless their deluded little hearts. 

It helps that, for the most part, I "retired" from following politics in June because I was worried about stroking out. My exposure to political news/shows/articles now totals 1-2 hours per week and it used to be about 35 hours per week. 

• Love 2

I was at a dinner last night when a political discussion started.  Someone started saying how great Morning Joe is and how much they learn from this show.  I held my tongue as long as I could.  Finally said, "Really? You learn something from Morning Joe? You think Joe knows what he's talking about?"  She believes he does.  Great conversation after we had discussed how belief is stronger than knowledge.  She really believes in Joe the Great!  I chose not to refer her to this board. 😸

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

It is like a parody of an actual news program.

It's the "Veep" of cable news/talk, without the talent. 

22 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I chose not to refer her to this board. 😸

A lot of people think the louder someone yells, the more chance they're right. I find it's usually the opposite. If you have truth on your side, you don't have to yell.  I usually tell people, " don't take my not responding to you as a sign I agree with you, it's just your premise is ridiculous" 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

One would think the frequent SNL skits would make these dummies realize how ridiculous we all think they are. Usually being the subject of that show's parodies is not a good thing. WE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU and that's why we watch. (Not me, though. I'll click thru once or twice to take attendance and then move on to the DVR...I make sure to change off of MSNBC so the time I spend watching taped stuff doesn't show up on Nielson as me watching their show! I'd hate to add to their numbers!) 

• Love 3

It's interesting that most of the photos MSNBC uses to promote their talent show them at work. Reviewing notes before the show, doing research, standing in front of the White House etc.

Except Joe and Mika, whose on show photos look like they decided to do modern interpretations of sixties album covers.

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Except Joe and Mika, whose on show photos look like they decided to do modern interpretations of sixties album covers.

Perfect!! That photo this morning of them lounging on the car seats made my head explode. 

And here's the reason they're in NYC. Comcast KYV. So now she has the fucking Corporate Overlords signing on to her bullshit.  Like I don't hate Comcast/Xfinity enough. 

Such magnificent buzzword phrases she uses:  "own your voice" "speak your truth" "wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident". 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I've said it before....right now, she can be the face of NBC/MSNBC due to their horrible track record with women.  I think that is why the network encourages the KYV crapola...it puts a positive face on their female personnel.  They need it due to the bad publicity that has come out re Andy Lack, Matt Lauer, et al.  And whatever bombshells that have yet to be revealed.

That is why I think of Meeka as an ambulance chaser; she saw the door open a bit and grabbed the opportunity to make some money.  Her schtick shaminars have nothing to do with everyday working women.  Truth be told...if I didn't dislike her so much, I would have a grudging admiration for her sheer self-serving, craven heart.  Bless it.

• Love 2

Has Amy K been recruited into the KYV cult?  I can't remember.  I tuned in the last few minutes of her appearance on MJ this morning and I didn't hear either her or Meeka mention it.  At the end of the interview, Amy K was kind of fawning towards Meeka and I thought Meeka kind of rushed the end of the interview.  Maybe they had to go to break?  Or maybe I missed an interaction at the beginning of the interview.  I cannot imagine Meeka not pushing her agenda onto a Senator (female!) when she has the chance.  Obviously her insights on the hearings are not sought out on other shows.  Then again, neither are Joe's.  I don't see him sitting in on the discussions between on-air personnel during the hearing breaks.  The Twins are on their own special island.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Has Amy K been recruited into the KYV cult?  I can't remember.  I tuned in the last few minutes of her appearance on MJ this morning and I didn't hear either her or Meeka mention it.  At the end of the interview, Amy K was kind of fawning towards Meeka and I thought Meeka kind of rushed the end of the interview.  Maybe they had to go to break?  Or maybe I missed an interaction at the beginning of the interview.  I cannot imagine Meeka not pushing her agenda onto a Senator (female!) when she has the chance.  Obviously her insights on the hearings are not sought out on other shows.  Then again, neither are Joe's.  I don't see him sitting in on the discussions between on-air personnel during the hearing breaks.  The Twins are on their own special island.

I do think Mika is trying to recruit Senator Amy K for a KYV seminar in the midwest. Mika was able to get Senator Kamala Harris to attend an event earlier this year to improve ticket sales. Mika thanked her on the show for attending because they needed a minimum number of tickets sold so that Mika & Joe could get a free hotel room at the location where the event was being held.

It's odd that a hotel would consider charging the Scarboroughs for a room given their popularity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

After watching this morning, I have the feeling that Joe actually likes having Trump in office.  He seems to like doing his outrage rants, and Mika likes it, too, because she can be a victim or stand by Joe.  These two are happy as long as they have a camera fixed on them and they are getting attention.   They seem to get a kick out of it. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Not sure if this is the right place, but whatever happened to the Great Katty Kay?

She's been AWOL since the summer. I've noticed her absence due to the Brexit Maddness...could really have used her perspective

• Love 2
19 hours ago, neona said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but whatever happened to the Great Katty Kay?

She's been AWOL since the summer. I've noticed her absence due to the Brexit Maddness...could really have used her perspective

Good point. I hadn’t noticed until you mentioned it. I just did a quick Google search, and found that she posted the following on Twitter a few days ago:

“I’ve been off air (back soon) but very busy. First we just published this cool Confidence Journal for girls. And we signed thousands of copies of The Confidence Code for Girls for #BNSignedEditions at @BNBuzz stores. My right hand aches! Also been working on a whole new project.”

• Love 3
12 hours ago, cased said:

Good point. I hadn’t noticed until you mentioned it. I just did a quick Google search, and found that she posted the following on Twitter a few days ago:

“I’ve been off air (back soon) but very busy. First we just published this cool Confidence Journal for girls. And we signed thousands of copies of The Confidence Code for Girls for #BNSignedEditions at @BNBuzz stores. My right hand aches! Also been working on a whole new project.”

Meow Alert:  I just figured she had OD'd on Botox and had to sit a couple of months out until it finally released.  Seriously if she pulled any harder on her eyes they would have been on the top of her head.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Meow Alert:  I just figured she had OD'd on Botox and had to sit a couple of months out until it finally released.  Seriously if she pulled any harder on her eyes they would have been on the top of her head.

I wonder if Mika will write the introduction to the book so it can be included in the KYV seminars.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika has acknowledged her latest struggle with her weight. She has consulted with the MSNBC medical Dr. as to her next steps.

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-i-m-not-afraid-talk-about-my-weight-you-ncna1085821

What the hell is wrong with her? Why on earth would anyone share this kind of crap? 

News FlashMrs. S.: This is called life and normal aging. You aren't special, you aren't unique. Your defiant scowl just shows your insecurity. My dog, having to go to your "medical expert" to question this finding is ridiculous. (How did this guy in FL get to be the medical correspondent, anyway? A little quid pro quo for the nips, tucks, and boobs?)

Edited by plumbago blues
Nips, not nicks...but then there WAS that NY Eve situation.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

What the hell is wrong with her? Why on earth would anyone share this kind of crap? 

News FlashMrs. S.: This is called life and normal aging. You aren't special, you aren't unique. Your defiant scowl just shows your insecurity. My dog, having to go to your "medical expert" to question this finding is ridiculous. (How did this guy in FL get to be the medical correspondent, anyway? A little quid pro quo for the nicks, tucks, and boobs?)

Mika wrote about her struggles with her weight in 2 of her books.

Mika might be working on another book on staying healthy while working in a bunker.

• LOL 1