Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

Have you guys seen this interview with Mika where she proclaims she's the reason behind the success of the show?  I think I'd heard of it, but to see her actually state unequivocally that SHE saw how brilliant Joe is and SHE is the person who made the show what it is, is to put it mildly, nauseating.  There's knowing your value and then there's self aggrandizing delusional bullshit. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlbvideos/mika-brzezinski-on-success-of-morning-joe-im-the-reason-its-still-going/vi-AADnThr

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Speaking of Katy Tur, she's back today, and she had a message about maternity leave and what she went thru giving birth to Teddy.  Mika should watch this and realize that her running around 30 Rock shrieking about someone being pregnant is great and all, but how about you talk about the women who don't get 5 months paid leave?  Or do you only care about the women who you can use to promote your shaminar?  This puts Know Your Value to shame. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, oakville said:

The latest ratings. Morning Joe ranked #111 with 0.07 in the 18-49 age group & 1.076M households.

At #111 of 150, explain to me again how this man is considered by anyone, including himself, to be a network powerhouse.

Although as one well north of 18-49, I'm offended by the usual pandering to the whippersnappers.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

At #111 of 150, explain to me again how this man is considered by anyone, including himself, to be a network powerhouse.

Although as one well north of 18-49, I'm offended by the usual pandering to the whippersnappers.  

Joe needs to come out with another album to excite the younger generation.

• LOL 6
17 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Jeez Louise, if someone was deliberately trying to slam the image of women as professionals, they couldn't do a better job than our Meeks.

I wish SNL would do a parody of her that shows her as the horror she really is. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Speaking of Katy Tur, she's back today, and she had a message about maternity leave and what she went thru giving birth to Teddy.  Mika should watch this and realize that her running around 30 Rock shrieking about someone being pregnant is great and all, but how about you talk about the women who don't get 5 months paid leave?  Or do you only care about the women who you can use to promote your shaminar?  This puts Know Your Value to shame. 

Teddysmom I am glad you posted this as I was just coming to do the same thing.  I happened to watch Katie yesterday and watched this segment live.  So beautifully done and none of Mika's exploitation (I am still furious the way she co-opted Julia Ainsley's pregnancy announcement).  If anyone should have started the KYV brand it should have been Katie but doing something like that would be totally off brand for her.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

See this is where KYV fails.  This tweet includes genuine life experiences as opposed to having to be pals with folks that can help you climb the career ladder.  Katie Tur is authentic:

Interesting a lot of the women at MSNBC have mentioned Katy's segment about the birth of Teddy and the aftermath, except Mika.   Unless she said something on the show which I could have missed as I don't watch much anymore. 

You'd think a strong statement like this from a new mother would be right up Mika's exploitation and use for her own benefit alley. 

• Love 4

That picture of Katy and her baby is beautiful.  Natural...no "posing" like some pics of MSNBC hosts...her hair was just pulled back with minimal makeup.  Katy seems to be the real deal; and she seems so content.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

That picture of Katy and her baby is beautiful.  Natural...no "posing" like some pics of MSNBC hosts...her hair was just pulled back with minimal makeup.  Katy seems to be the real deal; and she seems so content.  

Agree and I love her new hair cut with the bangs.  I'm terribly partial to his name as well, 

teddy mag cover june 2017.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, teddysmom said:

a lot of the women at MSNBC have mentioned Katy's segment about the birth of Teddy and the aftermath, except Mika.   Unless she said something on the show which I could have missed as I don't watch much anymore

She mentioned it today.  A video of Katy's segment on family leave is on the KYV page at MSNBC.com, which Mika made mention of in some fucking bizarre word salad. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

She mentioned it today.  A video of Katy's segment on family leave is on the KYV page at MSNBC.com, which Mika made mention of in some fucking bizarre word salad. 

Thanks for reminding me!  I saw it Friday evening on Twitter and all I could think was "Oh no Katy what have you done!!  

I did notice that it was under the NBC News banner, and didn't see any photos of Mika and Katy together. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Why would Joe have a vested interested in getting that show axed? 

Joe was opposed to any MSNBC shows that he considered to be too supportive of President Obama' policies.

He believed that MSNBC was making a mistake by having too many shows that appealed to progressive audiences.

Mika & Joe took credit on numerous occasions for getting rid of any shows that they didn't like. The only survivor from Joe's purge are Rachel Maddow & Rev Al Sharpton. Sharpton's show was removed from the daily schedule & put on the weekend.

Joe and Mika opened with commentary about the Dancing with the Stars premiere.  Sean Spicer wore a bright shirt. Barnicle, Elise, and Eugene are in the studio.

They opened the politics talk with a clip of Elizabeth Warren speaking about corruption.  Mika said that the speech was attended by thousands.

Barnicle said that Warren has a problem with Michigan auto workers.

Mika said Elizabeth Warren hits the right notes.  Joe said Biden in tentative.

I smell a Know Your Value plug for Liz in the future.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

So I guess this happened today. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-blasts-kamala-harris-for-believing-botched-and-baffling-ny-times-kavanaugh-essay/

Joe I would direct you to a new series on Netflix entitled "Unbelievable". It tells the story of a young woman from Lynnwood WA who was raped, but was so bullied and coerced by the police she recanted her story, and then was charged with making a false report.  Three years later, two female detectives in Colorado were investigating a series of rapes, and lo and behold, when they caught the guy, they found photos of the young woman from Lynnwood on his computer, taken, wait for it.... while he was raping her. 

If you think women get some thrill out of reliving an assault, being called names, threatened, etc.  and that trauma doesn't cause a person to mis-remember, or even doubt whether it happened because the brain doesn't allow us to process trauma all at once, then you're a bigger idiot than even I thought you were. 

Or , because of assholes like you  someone might say "I don't remember", because it's easier to just forget and let it go away than to be called a liar. 

• Love 9

Teddysmom  - excellently said.  Didn't Christine Blaseley Ford (sp?) have to endure death threats and go to the expense (and terror) of hiring bodyguards?  It is no wonder why women are afraid to come forward, especially against powerful men. 

I have to think that Joe has been an angel; I have never heard a disparaging word about him from women he has come across - not during his college, political or pundit years.  I guess he married them?  The handbasket awaits.

• Love 2

I see where Meeka was wearing her black ill-fitting shroud today.  Wait, shroud/ill-fitting - an oxymoron?  But she did have the presence of mind to use the death of a beloved professional newswoman to plug her ridiculous KYV vanity project.  

The rumors may be right that Joe has such power at MSNBC; the network has allowed Meeka to use them to promote her delusional self and the shameless money grubbing.  And for some reason the female reporters on the network have been sucked in.  Meeka is a vampire when it comes to KYV.  I am waiting for Katy Tur to be victimized.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I am waiting for Katy Tur to be victimized.

She already was.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/katy-tur-after-maternity-leave-lack-federal-paid-leave-shameful-ncna1054196

42 minutes ago, Kemper said:

But she did have the presence of mind to use the death of a beloved professional newswoman to plug her ridiculous KYV vanity project.  

Warning: the following may not be suitable for all audience, particularly anyone sensitive to bullshit.  I have NEVER heard Mika mention Cokie Roberts as anyone she was inspired by, or who "Knew Her Value", until she could use Cokie's death to promote her bullshit empowerment scam without fear of being sent a cease and desist order by Cokie's attorney. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-cokie-roberts-was-my-north-star-ncna1055711

• LOL 1
On 9/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, Kemper said:

I see where Meeka was wearing her black ill-fitting shroud today.  Wait, shroud/ill-fitting - an oxymoron?  But she did have the presence of mind to use the death of a beloved professional newswoman to plug her ridiculous KYV vanity project.  

The rumors may be right that Joe has such power at MSNBC; the network has allowed Meeka to use them to promote her delusional self and the shameless money grubbing.  And for some reason the female reporters on the network have been sucked in.  Meeka is a vampire when it comes to KYV.  I am waiting for Katy Tur to be victimized.

Maybe Mika can dress like Elvira for Halloween. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TheView said:

And for some reason the female reporters on the network have been sucked in. 

It's like she's the boss' wife and everyone has to be nice to her face and then when she leaves they're like "OMG could she be a bigger idiot? The only reason she works here is who she's married to." 

Not that I have any experience with that exact scenario. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Holy Cripes Mika better get some aloe vera, because she is getting burnt on Twitter.

The comments are brutal. 

"She was a liberal, but worked diligently to not allow her biases to infect her reporting. She worked hard to find the truth. Basically, she was the anti-YOU."

"You can’t hold a candle to her.. she was fair, a true journalist, and not transparently biased."

And just because it never gets old, someone included this in their comment: Matt Taibi's 2016 column in Rolling Stone. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/morning-blow-how-joe-and-mika-became-trumps-lapdogs-90992/amp/

• Love 5
17 hours ago, teddysmom said:

It's like she's the boss' wife and everyone has to be nice to her face and then when she leaves they're like "OMG could she be a bigger idiot? The only reason she works here is who she's married to." 

Not that I have any experience with that exact scenario. 

Mika is married to the Big Man on Campus, Joe. Everyone at 30 Rock knew not to touch Mika because if they did they would have to deal with Joe.

• LOL 1

Joe Scarborough, the Fifth Beatle.

“And in the End”: The Beatles Fifty Years Later
Paley Center for Media (NYC)
Monday, November 18, 2019
6:30 pm ET

In Person

Peter Brown, Manager of the Beatles in 1969
Rob Sheffield, Music Writer and Journalist, Rolling Stone; Author, Dreaming the Beatles: The Love Story of One Band and the Whole World
Max Weinberg, Drummer for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Moderator: Joe Scarborough, Cohost, MSNBC's Morning Joe

https://www.paleycenter.org/2019-beatles/

1 hour ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Peter Brown, Manager of the Beatles in 1969
Rob Sheffield, Music Writer and Journalist, Rolling Stone; Author, Dreaming the Beatles: The Love Story of One Band and the Whole World
Max Weinberg, Drummer for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Moderator: Joe Scarborough, Cohost, MSNBC's Morning Joe

One of these things is not like the other . . .

• LOL 5

The Paley Center has locations in NY and Beverly Hills but Joey will be phoning it in from the bunker, right? If not, why?

Either way, I hope the audience and panel are buckled in and prepared for an evening of I, me, my followed by me, me, me, me and me - while his wife does the Frug, the Watusi and the Jerk on any available banquette. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Joe and Mika sit so close together that it makes me uncomfortable.

I keep expecting them to start holding hands.

Joe has tried to hold Mika's hand on the set on numerous occasions. Mika gets visibly upset with public PDA's.

Hee, Speaker Pelosi is going to be on Morning Joe tomorrow.  What's the over/under on how long it takes Meeks to hit her with "you really have to join one of my KYV seminars" as I find it hard to believe that a little old impeachment process would slow her down or penetrate that noggin of hers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Hee, Speaker Pelosi is going to be on Morning Joe tomorrow.  What's the over/under on how long it takes Meeks to hit her with "you really have to join one of my KYV seminars" as I find it hard to believe that a little old impeachment process would slow her down or penetrate that noggin of hers.

Nancy knew her value before it was cool. 

• Love 3

I think for Speaker Pelosi, MJ has the higher cable ratings than CNN so they got the brass ring.  I would imagine she'll be on other shows today.

Oh Lordy, she is clutching her clipboard to her chest and it has the KYV emblem on it . . . so thirsty.

• LOL 1

Hee Suomi, that's why I always enjoy him because he's not only smart but funny.  Between this clip and the time they apparently never tossed to him during his segment and Meeks snarkily said "Oh we forgot poor Sam" he looked directly into the camera and deadpanned "I don't care, I get paid either way".  A tragedy there was no camera on Meeks to capture her reaction.

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I haven't watched in a while. When did they get the new bunker set with Joe and Mika together?

I'm not sure, exactly, but it seems like maybe the last month or so?   They probably couldn't bear not being able to play footsie under the table so they cozied up together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I saw this on gofugyourself.com and you all know what I thought.

Mika's new catch phrase!!!  (Scroll down to the caption under Gwyneth's photo)  

She & Goop should team up.  Stupid Crap for Rich Ladies? We got you covered!!! 

https://www.gofugyourself.com/photos/what-we-missed-this-week/how-do-you-stand-out-from-the-crowd-seminar-advertising-week-new-york-amc-lincoln-square-new-york-usa-26-sep-2019

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

CAT FIGHT!!!! 

Mika & Greta Van S got into it on Twitter re Fox "promulgating" falsehoods.  

Mika got a dictionary you guys!!! Word of the day!!   Probably easier to just say "repeat".  Of course knowing Mika she might have meant to say "impregnating". 

Anyhoo, Greta doesn't care about the truth, Mika should stop watching other cable shows, all networks are offenders, I'm rubber, you're glue, so's your Mama, I know you are but what am I, that's what she said, shut up, no you shut up. 

You get the picture. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/greta-van-susteren-mika-brzezinski-spar-over-cable-news-coverage-you-may-not-care-about-the-truth-we-do/

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, suomi said:

Or that we're brain dead and can't remember what they did

Maybe it's Mika who's brain dead and can't remember what she did. 

It'll be like "Overboard" where she wakes up and realizes Kurt Russell (Joe) tricked her into believing she was married to him. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2

You guys know Hillary Clinton has a new book and she's making the rounds promoting it. 

And it's called "Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage & Resilience. 

OMG that's got Know Your Value written all over it. I am dying to know if she's trying to get Chelsea & Hillary booked for the show. They already did The View & Colbert.  

I'm sure when they can't book her all hell will break loose. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3