Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

OH FOR FUCK SAKE. Just enough. 

I would say your 40s would be the period of your life you should be most ashamed of, Mika.  Eating candy in your 20s, having a hard time getting rid of the baby weight in your 30s, not that big a deal & really nothing to be embarrassed about.

Cheating on your husband in front of a television audience for several years, quite another. 

And now you're 52, and you think you have the world by the tail. 

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, Sweetie. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

Sweet Jesus, that picture.  I know I do my yoga stretches with sunglasses atop my head, chest thrust out and full-makeup. I hate to be catty (wait, let's be .....) but she kind of looks not appealing.  I think it is the camera angle and her making her Serious Face.  She is a very attractive woman with what would seem major insecurities.  Why would she invite nasty comments and vindictiveness from people (like me) by putting so much of herself out in public.  But I would never put my mean-spirited-ness on someone's whatever page...Instagram? Facebook? Website?  Geez, I can't stand her but I can't quit her.

I will have a croissant with pumpkin cream cheese to atone for being such a mean person. That is MY value.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Mika's deflection game is pretty strong the last 24 hours, due to the Brokaw letter cat fight story.  

She's tweeting the hell out of KYV bullshit. 

So much for "I don't eat candy and then run five miles". 

I imagine they booked a private jet and left the country.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She's tweeting the hell out of KYV bullshit. 

Do you get hazardous duty pay for navigating her Twitter feed?

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I imagine they booked a private jet and left the country.

You mean they don't have their own personal jet, hangar, and pilot on standby?

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

No?  He's got the intellect of Roman Roy, the political skills of Connor Roy, and the morals of Siobhan Roy.

And he sure can't rap like Kendall!!  Don't you think he would have no problem telling Mika to flirt with someone, or suggest an "open" relationship?  

Yay! You watch Succession!! 

• Love 2

One thing I've noticed about MSNBC is that the women working there really do seem to have a sense of camaraderie. You can see it when they show up on each other's shows (Rachel was just on Nicole's show) You can see it on their twitter feeds and handoffs. And you really saw it when they treated Hallie Jackson's recent pregnancy like a communal event.

Except for Mika. For all of her talk about mentoring and KYV, she seems totally separate from the other women. She wakes up, heads to the bunker, does her two hours and that's it.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7521583/Tom-Brokaw-accuser-Linda-Vester-says-lawyer-threatened-Robert-Niro-denounce-her.html

'It’s one thing for them to be marketed as female power and all for the sisterhood. But they’re not using their megaphone to make women truly safe.

Ouch.

Good. I hope they keep dumping on her.  I usually don't wish ill on people but she is completely out of bounds with this KYV B.S. especially since she is of an age that if she wasn't a target of harassment in the workplace she certainly was aware of it.  I am sure her connection with her father kept a lot of those slobs at bay.

• Love 6

She is a woman of lifelong privilege who reeks of condescension and arrogance and demands that other women live their lives and conduct their careers according to her standards (while fattening her wallet).

- - - > Displaying the KYV logo on the air during the Pelosi interview. < - - -  How/why was she not struck by lightning?

I look forward to the day when the end comes and she and Joey eat each other alive, in public. It will happen. 😎

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, suomi said:

She is a woman of lifelong privilege who reeks of condescension and arrogance and demands that other women live their lives and conduct their careers according to her standards (while fattening her wallet).

- - - > Displaying the KYV logo on the air during the Pelosi interview. < - - -  How/why was she not struck by lightning?

I look forward to the day when the end comes and she and Joey eat each other alive, in public. It will happen. 😎

I wonder if Joe has made Mika sign a non disclosure agreement ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, suomi said:

- - - > Displaying the KYV logo on the air during the Pelosi interview. < - - -  How/why was she not struck by lightning

That interview was trumpeted as an exclusive. Pretty sure Speaker Pelosi won't be on the show any time soon because I know she or her people noticed that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, suomi said:

SNORT!  Bravo my friend!

1 hour ago, suomi said:

I just hope it's on tape so I don't miss it.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika's deflection game is pretty strong the last 24 hours, due to the Brokaw letter cat fight story.  

Wait. What did I miss? Something new has happened? I can’t keep with everything going on right now. Lol

ETA just caught up and OMGLOOOoooOoooOooooooOoooL

Edited by XOQueens
  • LOL 4
17 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Wait. What did I miss? Something new has happened? I can’t keep with everything going on right now. Lol

ETA just caught up and OMGLOOOoooOoooOooooooOoooL

It will be interesting to see if Brokaw appears on Morning Joe or at Mika's KYV seminars.

• LOL 2

I just saw on Mediaite...well, where else? .. that MJ "eked" out a win over Fox and Friends one morning - maybe last week.  Is it people like us who kind of hate watch?  Watch for the snark? Or do people (especially women) actually take their cue from these two?  But.  I would have loved to have seen Joe march out of the house to break up a mild, wasp-y version of a cat fight between his wife and another newswoman.  I would buy a ticket to see that. Wait, "newswoman" is not a true description of Meeka.  Picture it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

It will be interesting to see if Brokaw appears on Morning Joe or at Mika's KYV seminars.

He has been on the show after it went down with Linda Vester and The Feckless One but we were not aware then of what happened.

As for whether we will see him on MJ now that we are aware of it, of course we will. They are the elite and we are the little people, the peons, whose opinions don't matter. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, xaxat said:

the women working there really do seem to have a sense of camaraderie

The other sense they share is mutual respect.  Because each of them had to work their way up to the jobs they have now, have to work hard to keep the jobs they have now, and have to be twice as smart as men to be thought half as good, they respect the hell out of each other.  How would Mika's career path fit in with any of that?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, xaxat said:

That interview was trumpeted as an exclusive.

I'll give JoeMika a pass on that one.  That likely comes from the producers/network.  I'm still snorting about Rachel's interview with Megan Rapinoe that was prominently billed as an "exclusive," when Megan had literally just zipped over from CNN after her interview with Anderson Cooper.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I just saw on Mediaite...well, where else? .. that MJ "eked" out a win over Fox and Friends one morning - maybe last week.

Ok, you made me look (I have been having my issues with Mediaite as for me they are/have become the People Magazine of politics) but I do find it enormously enjoyable that during the hour they beat F&F in the ratings they weren't on air . . . hee

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

But.  I would have loved to have seen Joe march out of the house to break up a mild, wasp-y version of a cat fight between his wife

Oh me too!  Where's TMZ when you need them?

9 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, you made me look (I have been having my issues with Mediaite as for me they are/have become the People Magazine of politics) but I do find it enormously enjoyable that during the hour they beat F&F in the ratings they weren't on air . . . hee

Oh me too!  Where's TMZ when you need them?

I have always thought Mediaite as tabloid-y.  But the People comparison is better; and for some reason they love to boost The Twins.  Any publicity is better than....  I guess.  Joe Scarborough...protector of home, hearth, and high-maintenance wife.

• Love 2

I am not really surprised about K Jean-Pierre being sucked into this black hole of Meeka Need; apparently what Meeka wants, Meeka gets  Thanks to her husband.

I still think about that picture upthread...the exercise/sleeveless outfit. I have to wonder if she will have a KYV line of exercise clothes coming out?  Kind of like Kate Hudson did; I can see it now.  A logo on every set of tops and leggings...and Our Twin will be making money off of it - with MSNBC complicit in this vanity project.  I wish someone would come out and let it drop that the network is putting pressure on it's female hosts and reporters to back this.  Kind of like the reporter who made the accusation along those lines - the one Meeka got into a catfight with.

But whether we like it or not...she is golden at her workplace.   Nothing and no one touches her.

• Love 3

Remember when Mika and Joe awkwardly fought on air about what they knew or didn’t know about Matt Lauer? Ronan Farrow just came out with a woman who says Lauer raped her during Sochi Olympic coverage. 

I’m interested to see this play out for Mika, given the news of the cat fight over Tom Brokaw, the Halperin rehab, and now these further allegations.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

These poor young women who work for Mika are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. 

"Early on Mika never tolerated 'I don't know" as an answer. I had to change to 'I will figure it out'.  

"The Know Your Value team, including Mika, loves to tell the story how after that day-long event, I was still going at 4 a.m., unloading boxes of T-shirts, loading a truck and putting away pieces of the set. For me, it was fun because I cared so deeply about our mission. I learned from Mika to not only get my hands dirty — but to embrace it."

Gosh I hope Emily got over time pay. 

She encouraged me to date (She knew my husband was the one before I did), spend time with my family, make time for working out and get every single thing done on my work to-do-list. She let me get to know her beautiful family (until she destroyed it with her affair) and spend time with her daughters. She cared about my family and made an effort to get to know them. When my father needed heart surgery in Cleveland, she paid for my plane ticket so I could be there by his side. She threw me a beautiful wedding shower in her home and was there to see me walk down the aisle.

Sweetie Mika hosted a shower for you and paid for a plane ticket just so she could show off. I guarantee the entire thing was a tax write off. You're an employee, it was work related.  Does Mika have any friends that aren't on the payroll? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

"The Know Your Value team, including Mika, loves to tell the story how after that day-long event, I was still going at 4 a.m., unloading boxes of T-shirts, loading a truck and putting away pieces of the set. For me, it was fun because I cared so deeply about our mission. I learned from Mika to not only get my hands dirty — but to embrace it."

Mods, I need an emoji for "I want to hurl now."

In any other world, forcing your employee to work around the clock would be abuse.  Particularly when the forcing is coming from the laziest woman on television, who is overwhelmed by having to work three hours a day, of which at least two hours and fifty-nine minutes she does badly.  Except for the days where she skips out after two hours.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

She encouraged me to date

That is so creepy.  Raise your hand if your boss ever got involved in your love life, and both hands if you were ok with that.  Great.  You're a hostage.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 8

This Meeka tweet.....could it BE anymore high-school.  That's it!  This is like a clique of the cool high school girls; mostly blondes.  And their captain-of-the-football team boyfriends.  I'll go with the Nike slogan....Just Do It!  For the love of God, just be mature women, no matter the age.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Does not apply to husband (pre or post wedding) or husband's cronies. 

Did she talk to Halperin or Lauer or Brokaw?

If so, it wasn't that effective. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Not to be a wet blanket because I so enjoy you guys and your hilariously epic snark but sometimes I just gotta interject on some of the specifics re: poor Mika, who I still believe is woefully unqualified but ultimately a well-meaning human, bless her heart. 

Again, she's ridiculously unprepared and should be banned from TV news until she's at least completed a master's program in politics, public policy, or, you know, anything...

BUT. Regardless of its possibly self-serving origins, her focus on colleagues' pregnancies is NOT creepy IMO, considering the constant pressure, fear of firing, retaliation, or demotion faced by pregnant women at work every day. I'd rather have Mika as my boss than one of the gazillion sexist creeps out there. She's bringing pregnancy/parenting into the light in an effort to normalize it, to make families a part of working life, and I applaud that, however self-serving her motivations may be.

Same with her efforts to encourage underlings to date: basically her message is, it's OK to have a life, leisure and family are important parts of being a human. If someone at NBC now randomly tried to fire Julia Ainsley, everyone would instantly connect it to that article in which she goes on the record and talks about her struggles with morning sickness etc - and there would be public outrage. At the very least, that means Mika has provided a sort of "on the record" insurance policy for these women, however bland/self-serving her own motivations are.

I know a lot of you have wondered why on earth intelligent, well-educated women at MSNBC follow her lead and agree to do Know Your Value articles etc, and I'm pretty sure this is the reason. She's not the ideal champion, but she has clout, her intellectually ambiguous platform has useful visibility. One of my greatest friends and champions at my first workplace was their receptionist of 30 years - who had NO capacity to assess my professional skills, but who liked me and made this known to management. In my experience, in real life, friendships and practical assistance from coworkers are more important than those coworkers' ACTUAL professional skills, especially when they're kind of competitors anyway.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wanted to like your post -  but Mica is a wolf in sheep's clothing so I couldn't. KYV is a wealthy woman's vanity project that increases her already substantial income. Is she passionate about, does she care about women in minimum wage jobs or those who manage their pregnancies via Medicaid? Not in the slightest! She is an elitist who buttered her bread between the sheets. Ask Halperin's, Brokaw's and Lauer's victims - they know her heart is with the patriarchy.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, suomi said:

I wanted to like your post -  but Mica is a wolf in sheep's clothing so I couldn't. KYV is a wealthy woman's vanity project that increases her already substantial income. Is she passionate about, does she care about women in minimum wage jobs or those who manage their pregnancies via Medicaid? Not in the slightest! She is an elitist who buttered her bread between the sheets. Ask Halperin's, Brokaw's and Lauer's victims - they know her heart is with the patriarchy.

Right. Squeeling on-air over pregnancies and encouraging her KYV minions to date (as long as it’s not going out for drinks with coworkers!) doesn’t even come close to breaking even on her support and rehabilitation of sexual harassers, sexual assaulters, and her misogynist spouse. 

• Love 7

One thing I will say about Meeka...she tries to bring forth women's issues.  Unfortunately, just in my opinion, she is woefully unprepared to stand on her own without Joe and the network propping her up.  She cannot help that she is a product of the born-on-third-base-thinking-she-hit-a-triple.  I can only imagine what life was like around the dinner table with her brilliant father, probably brilliant brother and (sorry for this) a bit of a dragon for a mother.  

If I was a young woman, just starting out, I would probably buy into what Meeka is selling - for awhile.  But anyone who regularly tunes in to MJ would catch on pretty quickly what Meeka and Joe are all about.  And then figure out how Meeka got to where she is now sitting.  Bless her heart.

Neona...I admire your post.  You make me realize how horribly catty I can sound.  Sadly, Meeka brings out my worst tendencies.  And I just love reading all the snark...we should compile a book of it..our best comments.  

• Love 3

Fair warning: There's an NBC News reporter named Courtney Kube who apparently thought it was "Bring Your Kids to Work" day and left them to run around while she reported on a serious news topic on air on MSNBC. One of them interrupted her and she appeared to be having a good laugh about it...while REPORTING ON A SERIOUS NEWS TOPIC. 

Both MSNBC and NBC are promoting the hell out of this as "adorable," and I am sure Mika will no doubt bring this up as a KYV moment tomorrow. The cynical part of me says this was all a ploy to get her some Morning Joe airtime tomorrow. We'll see. 

12 hours ago, Kemper said:

I can only imagine what life was like around the dinner table with her brilliant father, probably brilliant brother and (sorry for this) a bit of a dragon for a mother.  

Dr Z was approached to run for president after Poland won its independence but he refused because he'd lived in the US for so long by then - he didn't want to be called a carpetbagger.

Mrs Z the famed chain saw sculptor is descended from Swiss nobility. One day when driving Mika to or from the stables where she kept her horse, she screeched to a halt because she saw a road kill deer, toted it home and served it the next night at a dinner party for Dr Z's National Security Council  cronies. Which indeed does sound somewhat dragon-ish.

Both brothers have spent years as foreign policy experts and one (Mark?) was Obama's ambassador to Sweden.

At a meet-the-family dinner Joe sez Mrs Z and brother Ian made sure to tell him that Mika had the lowest SAT scores in the history of Williams College. Mika shared her scores with one of her teenage daughters who said "Wow, I wouldn't spread that around."

She most definitely is the underachieving Brzezinski. The question is, why are we paying the price for that? LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

And another friend of Joe and Mika gets caught:

No Shit?!!! Another perv bites the dust?! Andy and Squinty Eyes are thisclose and have been for years. We've always wondered what they have on Andy!!! This is BIG. Maybe this is why Joe looks so bad this morning. I was going to say something about it but didn't because well, you know, I can't spend ALL my time bitching about everyone. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, suomi said:

Maybe this is why Joe looks so bad this morning. I

Yeah I thought he looked a little bedraggled too. 

Maybe that's why Mika had the Unitarian scarf on. They're praying for Andy during commercial breaks. I'm sure Mika will set up a meeting with his accusers, explain to them that they just misunderstood what Andy meant when he fondled them, and offer them a job on KYV, unpacking boxes of teeshirts and picking up her laundry. 

“This is dead wrong and the charges of retaliation are just not true,” a source close to Lack told The Post.

Source close to Lack.  Gosh who could that be? Rhymes with Schmeeka Jabrinsky? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
19 minutes ago, suomi said:

Andy and Squinty Eyes are thisclose and have been for years.

It was Lack who brought in Greta Van Sustren, Hugh Hewitt & Megyn Kelly. 

Is he even still at NBC? Probably not much longer. 

• Love 1

Yeah, he's been the Chairman of NBC News and MSNBC since 2015 (and this is his second hitch with NBC). He's the one who brought Lauer in when Bryant Gumbel left. He oversaw the Brian Willaims fall from grace and brought in Lester Holt. Chuck Todd got MTP Daily on his watch also.

Andy is why Joe has juice at MSNBC. Andy okayed the Florida breakfast nook. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4

Wonder if Andy Lack will be shown the door - with a huge compensation package.  If he goes, maybe his replacement could give The Twins a swift kick in the posterior and get them back in the New York studio...and THAT would probably be the beginning of the end for them.  I don't think they will give their cushy "set" up.

Another good thing if Lack goes...maybe a new regime could clean house before the election.      

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Fair warning: There's an NBC News reporter named Courtney Kube who apparently thought it was "Bring Your Kids to Work" day and left them to run around while she reported on a serious news topic on air on MSNBC. One of them interrupted her and she appeared to be having a good laugh about it...while REPORTING ON A SERIOUS NEWS TOPIC. 

Both MSNBC and NBC are promoting the hell out of this as "adorable," and I am sure Mika will no doubt bring this up as a KYV moment tomorrow. The cynical part of me says this was all a ploy to get her some Morning Joe airtime tomorrow. We'll see. 

Cynical me says, "Oh, look. Proof that women really can have it all, just not at the same time". Adorable? I think not.

• Love 2