Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

Growing up in a family of achievers, probably never having the chance to have fun and break a few rules with friends maybe took a toll on her Value. 😁 Thanks to her marriage to Joe she has become full of herself and is taking any opportunity to be One of the Popular Kids. She's cool, dammit!

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Mika's got her freak on...check out her make-up chair karaoke. OMG. I can feel her daughters' cringe from here. Shania must have inspired her. Nothing says KYV to all of us commoners like performing with a Starbucks and a can of hairspray while your personal hair and make-up guy diddles with rollers.

What in the ever loving FUCK was that?  

I'm sure the hair dresser loves her bobbing her head around while he's trying to put in rollers and style her hair.  My God does she really think she's that cool? 

I have an upset stomach today and watching that made it ten times worse. 

"Put Joe on".  Yes please let us hear Joe screeching. 

We are all Mika's daughters this morning "MOM STOP IT!!!!!"

She also posted clips from the Netflix doc "Turning Point". I had heard her say she watched it and from what I saw, it was depressing AF and I wondered why she watched when she's so anti television.  

Now I know. It features her father.  

Did you guys know KYV is described on Forbes' web site as a Multi Touch Point Platform?  How many marketing consultants did it take to come with that bullshit?  I don't even know what that means.  But I guess when you're pushing a scam, the more confusing the description is, the less you're held accountable for wasting people's money. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

What in the ever loving FUCK was that?

koepkereesa
Reesa Koepke

2d

I see you took Suzie’s advice about Starbucks!!😂😂😂 good for you!! I’m the same age and we have to live a little!!!

mikabrzezinski
Mika (Brzezinski) Scarborough

2d

@koepkereesa baaaaaaahaaaaaaaa I’m so busteddddsd. @therealsuzeorman omg please don’t be maddddd

• Like 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

koepkereesa
Reesa Koepke

2d

I see you took Suzie’s advice about Starbucks!!😂😂😂 good for you!! I’m the same age and we have to live a little!!!

mikabrzezinski
Mika (Brzezinski) Scarborough

2d

@koepkereesa baaaaaaahaaaaaaaa I’m so busteddddsd. @therealsuzeorman omg please don’t be maddddd

If paying $10 for crappy coffee is how these women live a little, I feel very sorry for them.  I notice Molly Jong Fast and Deborah Lippman (of the over priced nail polish company) expressed their admiration for this nonsense. 

I have news for Mika and her cult.  I work PT at Trader Joe's (after a career in RE development). My coworkers who work the morning shift go in at 4:30 - 5:00 AM. They aren't sitting around getting their hair done. They're unloading a semi truck, unpacking pallets of grocery items, stocking shelves, cleaning etc.  Try getting up at 3 am and going to work to lug around 40 lb boxes, then work til 1 pm at the register or stocking after the store opens.  This is the life of millions of workers in the US. They don't get to go to Dubai to party with has beens. They didn't get to marry a wealthy tv host who gave them a job. They do actual work. 

So take your little "I get up so early" pity party somewhere else.  You sit on your ass and read a monitor.  Half the time you don't even show up and YOU WORK FROM HOME. Get over yourself Mika. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

...searching for the puke emoji...

If we can get a "mad,angry" emoji we should be able to get a 'puke" one. 🤗

I wish that MSNBC would step in and lay down an ultimatum on KYV; and any other outside projects that their anchors/show runners want to indulge in.  What they choose to do on their own time is their business; but letting your employees (because that is exactly what Meeka is) use your airwaves to push a pet project to the extent that Meeka has, should not be tolerated.  Especially with the perks she seems to get along with it.  Geez, could she BE more entitled and unbearable.  Give her the hook. And you know why they won't ever?  Because of Joe; they are a package deal.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

This past week Barbara McQuaid and Andrew Weissman were on CNN discussing their new books.

I've seen this before where the two networks will invite the other's host or contributor on to sell their book 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Interesting? This past week Barbara McQuaid and Andrew Weissman were on CNN discussing their new books 

I kind of like that they are spreading their wings on other networks.  Even if it is just to discuss their book(s).

Edited by Kemper
spelling
2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I kind of like that they are spreading their wrings on other networks.  Even if it is just to discuss their book(s).

Yeah I updated my post because this wasn't the first time I've seen this. I think they realize they share the same viewers 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

If we can get a "mad,angry" emoji we should be able to get a 'puke" one. 🤗

I wish that MSNBC would step in and lay down an ultimatum on KYV; and any other outside projects that their anchors/show runners want to indulge in.  What they choose to do on their own time is their business; but letting your employees (because that is exactly what Meeka is) use your airwaves to push a pet project to the extent that Meeka has, should not be tolerated.  Especially with the perks she seems to get along with it.  Geez, could she BE more entitled and unbearable.  Give her the hook. And you know why they won't ever?  Because of Joe; they are a package deal.  

It would be one thing if Mika had a foundation that actually did something, other than glorify Mika's half assed "I got a raise and you can too!" bullshit. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

I happened upon this local news story this morning. 

This Indianapolis woman started a non-profit that helps women start their own business, aka  "lifting women up".    These are the types of women Mika should be highlighting. 

I think I'll post the link to Mika's KYV IG page and see what happens.  

https://www.wrtv.com/news/womens-history-month/hoosier-woman-creates-nonprofit-to-help-women-become-entrepreneurs#:~:text=INDIANAPOLIS — A Hoosier woman is,of America (WEA) said.

16 hours ago, Kemper said:

I kind of like that they are spreading their wings on other networks.  Even if it is just to discuss their book(s).

They could be looking for other networks where they can be paid contributors. NBC/MSNBC is laying off contributors, and they're a little more than pissed off that NBC found $300 million for Ronna McDaniel. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yeahbut, Rachel has top billing.  I bet Joe noticed.  " including MSNBC primetime headliner Rachel Maddow and the co-hosts of “Morning Joe”..."  

The decision to hire her is interesting.  I don't know if it's a bad idea to have a pro-MAGA true believer on staff.  40% of Americans absolutely agree with her.  Having shows allow her to speak her piece, then punch down on her mercilessly, like wrestlers off the top turnbuckle, could be instructive.  They captured a live one, it's in a cage in the lab, experiment on it - see what it takes for her to admit to things like gravity, math, laws, you know, provable phenomena.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Yeahbut, Rachel has top billing.  I bet Joe noticed.  " including MSNBC primetime headliner Rachel Maddow and the co-hosts of “Morning Joe”..."  

The decision to hire her is interesting.  I don't know if it's a bad idea to have a pro-MAGA true believer on staff.  40% of Americans absolutely agree with her.  Having shows allow her to speak her piece, then punch down on her mercilessly, like wrestlers off the top turnbuckle, could be instructive.  They captured a live one, it's in a cage in the lab, experiment on it - see what it takes for her to admit to things like gravity, math, laws, you know, provable phenomena.

It's not bad to have a MAGA but Ronna aided in trying to overturn an election.  She actively tried to pressure election officials to not certify the votes in their states. In Michigan she promised to hire lawyers so they'd break the law. Nuff said 

• Like 3

This is kind of like an "inmates are running the asylum situation". All the hosts ganging up on management and stomping their feet till they get their way. I think it was a mistake. Makes the hosts look lazy to me...that they don't have the energy to or interest in punching down someone they disagree with. They prefer the echo chamber they exist in. I'd think they'd love picking fights with her in person, rather than yelling into the abyss about her and her actions. Weak.

Were Joe and Mika particularly puffed up today? There were 2 pictures of them in the WSJ today, a small pic and a larger one. Blerg.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

This is kind of like an "inmates are running the asylum situation". All the hosts ganging up on management and stomping their feet till they get their way. I think it was a mistake. Makes the hosts look lazy to me...that they don't have the energy to or interest in punching down someone they disagree with. They prefer the echo chamber they exist in. I'd think they'd love picking fights with her in person, rather than yelling into the abyss about her and her actions. Weak.

Were Joe and Mika particularly puffed up today? There were 2 pictures of them in the WSJ today, a small pic and a larger one. Blerg.

Mika & Joe used to have guests on the show with different views. Mika & Joe even used to debate each other on some topics.

However, Joe's doctor was worried about his high blood pressure due to his agitated rants against guests who didn't agree with him. He recommended that the show hire more sycophants panelists & refrain from having guests that disagreed with Joe. Joe's blood pressure is under control now.

• LOL 5
35 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Too bad mouth hasn't followed 

Who or what is "mouth" ???  It would not be the first time I have missed something.

3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

This is kind of like an "inmates are running the asylum situation". All the hosts ganging up on management and stomping their feet till they get their way. I think it was a mistake. Makes the hosts look lazy to me...

That's an interesting idea, but remember Chuck Todd, who has nothing to lose because they took him off his shows, got the ball rolling with this "revolt" on Sunday morning. So by Monday morning Joe and Mika and the primetime hosts had their remarks planned. They knew the way the wind was blowing by then.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

Who or what is "mouth" ???  It would not be the first time I have missed something.

His blood pressure is under control, according to Oakville's joke.  Too bad his mouth isn't under control, is tres bien's punch line.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

It's one thing to have McDaniel on a show, it's an entirely different matter to pay her to be an on air contributor. Paying her is akin to saying "yeah we're down with what you want to say". 

Also, laying off other contributors and then finding $300 thousand for someone like McDaniel is a slap in the face to those who get up at the crack of dawn to be on Morning Joe, or stay up to be on Lawrence or Stephanie's show. 

This isn't like when Ari Melber had Peter Navarro on and his ego took control of his brain and he admitted all the shit Trump and company was doing and next thing you know, he's indicted.  McDaniel may be dumb, but she's not stupid. She was already walking back her coup involvement with Welker, which was obviously how she was coached so that NBC News wouldn't look like it was turning into NewsMax,. But sorry Ronna, we have the receipts. 

CAA also dropped her as a client. They're the ones who helped orchestrate this cluster fuck.  I guess better late than never is apropos at this point. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 5

I am very grumpy today ... lots going on. So I have a good excuse to be catty.  Or bitchy.

Meeka is a parody of an empowered woman.  But sometimes I envy her the lifestyle she takes for granted and thinks she earned.  The saucer of cream awaits. In the meantime I will try to stencil my concrete patio blocks.  Just to see what my knee has to say. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2

I've been a first-class bitch because I had ants in my kitchen for a couple of days (thank God they're gone now).  So, my dream now is for one of Joe and Meeka's enemies to sneak into their kitchen in the middle of the night and spread syrup all over.  😈

• LOL 6
On 4/3/2024 at 4:56 PM, Crashcourse said:

I've been a first-class bitch because I had ants in my kitchen for a couple of days (thank God they're gone now).  So, my dream now is for one of Joe and Meeka's enemies to sneak into their kitchen in the middle of the night and spread syrup all over.  😈

That sucks Crashcourse!   Glad they're gone.

Mika's problems have once again been brought to our attention. Knowing your value doesn't mean your life is perfect.  

Her latest IG post is about something that we should pray never happens to any of us. 

Her dogs and cats, SLEEP ON HER FURNITURE!!!!!   And she struggles with it.  So much so that she felt she should post about it.   I guess she hasn't figured out how to tell them to get off the chair, and as far as the cats, pick them up and put them on the floor.   

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5WF4tTO4La/

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Mika's problems have once again been brought to our attention. Knowing your value doesn't mean your life is perfect. 

She's soooo desperate for attention. I really can't see the problem in this at all: A big dog on an oversized wicker/rattan/resin chair outside?? No fur issues at all and Joe looks comfortably posed inside. A fairly short-haired cat snuggled on a chair? Nothing to see here, dear. Move along, Meeks.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2024 at 10:50 AM, plumbago blues said:

She's soooo desperate for attention. I really can't see the problem in this at all: A big dog on an oversized wicker/rattan/resin chair outside?? No fur issues at all and Joe looks comfortably posed inside. A fairly short-haired cat snuggled on a chair? Nothing to see here, dear. Move along, Meeks.

Someone posted on her IG account that their six year old dog died recently of cancer, and they'd love to have dog hair on the sofa again. 

Hey Mika, how about showing some sympathy for someone and reach out to this person, even if its just a quick "sorry for your loss" comment your assistant posts? 

Oh, sorry, still trying to figure out how to vacuum dog hair off the sofa?  I'd hate to bother you while you find the plug and the upholstery attachment. I know how hard you struggle. 

• Like 4

Watch your back, Mika.  QVC held an event that sounds a lot like your 30/50 Know Your Value party. But with some actual celebrities. 

Called Age of Possibility, it features the Quintessential 50 (Q50), who QVC describes as a group of 50 "authentic and inspiring female celebrities, activists, business leaders and lifestyle experts who exemplify the possibilities of life over 50.”

Christina Applegate, Patti LaBelle, Rita Wilson, Naomi Watts, Martha Stewart and Queen Latifah, Billie Jean King were among those being recognized.  

What, no 90s has been country singers?  No questionable finance experts selling her binders of bad financial advice. 

Also, Bradley Cooper attended and served lunch to the group.  You know,  Bradley Cooper, the Oscar nominated actor you insulted on air about how dumb you thought The Hangover was. 

Know Your Value?  I guess it's not as much as you thought it was.  

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Suze O. jumped ship from QVC to KYV a while back. Wonder if she regrets it now. I think she'd relate more, brand-wise, to the commoners rather than to the fancy posers.

These "Number over Number" club gimmicks are tiring. So much for unity and inclusion. Just hawk your overpriced crap and go count your money. I don't find any of these women inspiring.

Bradley Cooper? Joe must have been busy taking calls from world leaders.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Suze O. jumped ship from QVC to KYV a while back. Wonder if she regrets it now. I think she'd relate more, brand-wise, to the commoners rather than to the fancy posers.

These "Number over Number" club gimmicks are tiring. So much for unity and inclusion. Just hawk your overpriced crap and go count your money. I don't find any of these women inspiring.

Bradley Cooper? Joe must have been busy taking calls from world leaders.

I am tired of female celebrities being held up as inspiration to the masses (of women).  Entertainers and a lifestyle expert; except for Billie Jean King.  I am not knocking these women - they have excelled at their professions. But there are no women who seem to have more relatable careers and/or lifestyles. Do men have these kinds of very public celebrations of themselves? Using athletes, actors, politicians, etc.  I guess maybe that is what bothers me.  Having a "get off my lawn" day and enjoying it.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1