Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Can someone tell me what's the deal with Mika & Joe?  For some time now they don't appear to be in the same location. (That's when they show up at all and aren't taking time off.)  Both have different set backgrounds and are clearly at different locations.  Are they having a tiff or what? 

Anyone who's watched this show for years (guilty) knows this is considered normal behavior for Mika and Joe.

No worries. Mommy and Daddy are fine 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Can someone tell me what's the deal with Mika & Joe?  For some time now they don't appear to be in the same location. (That's when they show up at all and aren't taking time off.)  Both have different set backgrounds and are clearly at different locations.  Are they having a tiff or what? 

I think they're on the same set this morning.  Maybe they have two sets in each house they own for when they're having Mommy & Daddy angry times.

All I can say is they deserve each other, and I hope they're making each other miserable. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

What does "5:56 am -literally." mean? 
I know how time works, Meeks.  I understand clocks, and I know when your show begins.  She wrote "literally" for emphasis.  If you are a 13 year old, I can understand saying it for emphasis, but she's a published author.  Vocabulary is her métier. 

It's almost literally like cutting her literal hair literally on set literally before her literal news journalism gab show with literal construction paper scissors literally on instagram literally seconds before her show begins literally erodes my belief that she's literally a competent professional.

It was literally the best of times, it was literally the worst of times...

Her scarf is figuratively driving me crazy.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2

If she is so unstable that at 5:56 am LITERALLY she is thinking about cutting her hair with the scissors the staff keeps around, perhaps we need to up the dosage on her meds. 

Even I count to ten before I try to trim my bangs, let along take scissors to a layer. 

Remember that scene in 16 Candles when the cute girl gets her hair stuck in the door and they cut it off and she has a chunk of hair? I was kinda hoping that's what Mika would do. Just for our viewing pleasure, as there is so little of it on the show, literally. 

• LOL 4
16 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

What does "5:56 am -literally." mean?

Ha! I imagine she's trying her hardest to show just how pressed for time she is in her busy, busy, menopausal life at the family homestead in Maine. I mean, c'mon guys, all those childhood photos aren't going to post themselves, are they? And SOMEone has to take all the boat selfies. Let's be honest here!

What a narcissist. I'm actually kind of surprised she didn't consult with her doctor, therapist, and bff; after the "hair crisis" we were informed of months back. But never fear...she gave a plug to her hair guy on the Upper Eastside...cuz we all know there are no competent beauticians in Maine or Florida. What a piece of work.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Ha! I imagine she's trying her hardest to show just how pressed for time she is in her busy, busy, menopausal life at the family homestead in Maine. I mean, c'mon guys, all those childhood photos aren't going to post themselves, are they? And SOMEone has to take all the boat selfies. Let's be honest here!

What a narcissist. I'm actually kind of surprised she didn't consult with her doctor, therapist, and bff; after the "hair crisis" we were informed of months back. But never fear...she gave a plug to her hair guy on the Upper Eastside...cuz we all know there are no competent beauticians in Maine or Florida. What a piece of work.

Her hair crisis was caused from decades of bleaching her already thin hair to the point it would break if you looked at it, and using one of those hair dryer brush things, which she identified as the yellow one, aka DryBar.  

FFS Mika, your hair looks fine. Just pull it back with that plastic clip thing like you did a couple weeks ago. No one cares about your hair. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 1

These last posts I have been wanting to hit all of the emoji buttons. 

So she has to get up early to earn her millions? I won’t even go into the people (maybe the majority of our population) who get up early for minimum to low wages to feed their families; or the people who have to work rotating shifts. Or have hellish commutes, etc. You know what? It’s called making a living in the real world.

Her interaction with people and events is just odd. Like she never was socially active and maybe sheltered growing up; and has no idea how to act in areas like pop culture, celebrities, everyday people…basically the world outside her bubble. Yeah, that’s the ticket. Not her fault. 🤓 But it seems that many many people applaud her and her fairy tale life according to her social media. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
15 minutes ago, Kemper said:

These last posts I have been wanting to hit all of the emoji buttons. 

So she has to get up early to earn her millions? I won’t even go into the people (maybe the majority of our population) who get up early for minimum to low wages to feed their families; or the people who have to work rotating shifts. Or have hellish commutes, etc. You know what? It’s called making a living in the real world.

Her interaction with people and events is just odd. Like she never was socially active and maybe sheltered growing up; and has no idea how to act in areas like pop culture, celebrities, everyday people…basically the world outside her bubble. Yeah, that’s the ticket. Not her fault. 🤓 But it seems that many many people applaud her and her fairy tale life according to her social media. 

I have a feeling the people who follow her on IG are her minions, making up fake identities and telling her how much SHE ROCKS! 

Her job is to cover news. Does she have to know the names of all the actors in the Power Rangers movies? No. Does she have to have Taylor Swift songs memorized word for word? No.  I haven't watched every hot tv show streaming, but I'm aware of them. And I don't act like I'm too good to watch them. 

She gets upset if Joe and Lemire talk about baseball. FFS the show has 4 hours of bullshit, you can take 10 minutes of Red Sox chatter. Leave the set and trim your hair with the paper cutter or shave off an eyebrow if you're having another meltdown over people acting like human beings and discussing topics that interest them. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

In defense of Mika's scarves. Maybe it's a Madeline Albright broach thing.

Not being a broach wearing person or an indoor scarf person I bet Mika's into scarves for some reason or other. No one cares enough to ask her as they did with Madeline Albright's broaches 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, tres bien said:

In defense of Mika's scarves. Maybe it's a Madeline Albright broach thing.

Not being a broach wearing person or an indoor scarf person I bet Mika's into scarves for some reason or other. No one cares enough to ask her as they did with Madeline Albright's broaches 

IMO it's just a way to add a bit of color to whatever she's wearing, I don't think it has anything to do with it being her "thing", like Madeline Albright's broaches. The broaches were symbolic of something going on in the Country or world or of a cause she believed in. 

Mika doesn't think past pay attention to me, you never know when lightning strikes and  I might say something that doesn't illustrate my complete ignorance on most subjects.   

Mika's contribution to society or a good cause goes as far as what embellishes her reputation, also they don't make KYV scarves. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

Mika's contribution to society or a good cause goes as far as what embellishes her reputation, also they don't make KYV scarves. 

Mika should sell KYV scarves.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, jacourt said:

Ideas for what should be on the scarves?  Let’s see I always picture Mika strolling around with a martini. So one with martini glasses. $$$. Boats. Bathrobes. 

I came here to write "She should make scarves with martini glasses."
Dollar bills?
Lobsters?
Platinum-hair lobsters with dollar bills in their pincers behind a desk on a teak boat?

• LOL 5

Apparently Mika flicked the show yesterday so she and a helper could bake another cake. Maybe her scarf line could include renditions of all the cakes she's baked in Maine. Or pictures of her bundled up as the mystery woman on the boat with Joe at the helm. Or her Maine c**** held up vertically to show it's length. And, of course, it would have to include depictions of her mother's tree sculptures. These are certainly her favorite SM themes. I know her gal pals would love them. Though 

14 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Platinum-hair lobsters with dollar bills in their pincers behind a desk on a teak boat?

gets MY vote!

• LOL 2

I had been skipping MJ a lot this last year or so; but this board lately has brought me back in. Today, for the first time, I saw one of the clips that has been under discussion here lately. Meeka on a boat as show led to commercial. I must admit that in some ways I am wowed by her life; in the photo she seems to have it all. Then she shows up in the casual gingham blouse with hair pulled back in a casual banana clip. And sighing. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Shame on you Mika. Yeah so a movie "star" knows her value. If a woman knew her value I would say Golda Meier had a lot more to show.

But don't get this whole thing that Mika's created so there's that 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Shame on you Mika. Yeah so a movie "star" knows her value. If a woman knew her value I would say Golda Meier had a lot more to show.

But don't get this whole thing that Mika's created so there's that 

Helen Mirren knows her value, or at least her agent does,  but she also doesn't take herself seriously. Along with her amazing career (highly recommend "1923" on Paramount +, The Queen, etc) she is the "host" of Documentary Now!, which I'm sure Mika wouldn't get if someone took a year to explain it to her. 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1320860/helen-mirrens-poop-joke-at-the-2022-sag-awards-is-as-iconic-as-she-is

Helen's mantra is "Be on time and don't be an ass".  Mika should try doing that for a day or so. 

KYV would be nothing if the network didn't allow her to promote it so blatantly, and she somehow got Fortune magazine on board.  

Looks like Yves Durif got Meeks in to touch up her highlights. 

Edited to correct magazine name to Forbes, but same dif . 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Meeka on a boat as show led to commercial. I must admit that in some ways I am wowed by her life; in the photo she seems to have it all.

IMO, "Mika on a boat" is all she has. She should just embrace her inner Jackie O. and enjoy the spoils of her last name(s) and inheritance. She has served her purpose, using her father's fame to open doors for both she and Joe. She has failed as a pundit, commentator, presenter or whatever she claims to be. I'd like to know who at Forbes thought someone with her back-door rise to fame, due to her name and adulterous affair, thought she'd be a role model for all women of "value". The premise is sordid.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

You have to see these latest IG pics. Rain jacket, scarf, Georgetown Law baseball cap (why is she wearing that, neither she nor Joe went to Georgetown) , she looks like she's in the middle of a hurricane, and Joe just has a sweater on. 

Why does she think anyone is interested in these photos? There is nothing remarkable about riding around in an old boat, staying at your parents' house, or wearing Ray Ban sunglasses. Even a poor like me has a pair of them. 

https://www.instagram.com/mikabrzezinski/

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

IMO, "Mika on a boat" is all she has. She should just embrace her inner Jackie O. and enjoy the spoils of her last name(s) and inheritance. She has served her purpose, using her father's fame to open doors for both she and Joe. She has failed as a pundit, commentator, presenter or whatever she claims to be. I'd like to know who at Forbes thought someone with her back-door rise to fame, due to her name and adulterous affair, thought she'd be a role model for all women of "value". The premise is sordid.

OMG I couldn't love this more! Her inner Jackie O. You should TM that!

I love Jackie. I have a pair of "Jackie Ohh" Ray Bans 🙂

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 1

I have to wonder -since we are focusing our comments on Meeka today…are we the only people who joke and feel this way about her? Do most regular MJ viewers see her the same way?

Face it - CBS fired her (one of the first Nepo Persons). So she has gotten her current lifestyle The Old Fashioned Way. But hey…if Brad Pitt had been around back in the day and asked me to become the next Mrs. Pitt with all the trappings ….I may have left Mr. Kemper with the house and kids. I knew my value, dammit!

• LOL 3
24 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have to wonder -since we are focusing our comments on Meeka today…are we the only people who joke and feel this way about her? Do most regular MJ viewers see her the same way?

Face it - CBS fired her (one of the first Nepo Persons). So she has gotten her current lifestyle The Old Fashioned Way. But hey…if Brad Pitt had been around back in the day and asked me to become the next Mrs. Pitt with all the trappings ….I may have left Mr. Kemper with the house and kids. I knew my value, dammit!

Honesty Kemper I don't like to criticize Mika. She just pissed me off today because I have so much respect for Golda Meier or any woman like her that not recognizing her for all her accomplishments and instead giving thumbs up to an actor playing Golda pushed me over my self imposed line 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

tres bien. Yeah, at first I thought she was talking about Golda M knowing her value (which seemed strange and terrible but on point with her (Meeka). Then I realized….. it was simply inexcusable and craven. And that is why I was particularly catty. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 2

"Big ol fiberglass lobster boat — get see you there. Joe’s boat is NOT the one that is varnished. He’s allergic to varnish. And winter upkeep costs"

Wow.   This is the dictionary definition of humble brag.  Apologizes for slumming it in a FIBERGLASS (not teak, IT'S NOT TEAK I'M SORRY) lobster boat (a retrofit, fabulous boat built for partying and luxuriating in wealth on calm waters).
Joe's boat (he has a boat, y'all, we're not poors) is not the incredibly nice one.  But we do have a boat.  It's nicer than this lobster boat, but isn't this lobster boat so nice!  I guess I am fabulous!  Please leave comments supporting this point of view.

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Please leave comments supporting this point of view.

Mika if I was as insecure as you are, I'd spend my $ on a therapist, and not on a lobster boat, a boat with teak finishes, $400 highlights, whatever the f*** you spend on plastic surgery and fillers.  You want to convince the world you have this fabulous life, but if it was so fabulous, and you were as happy as you try to sound, you wouldn't care about posting these ridiculous pictures on IG. 

You'd live your life, and try to become a better "journalist", if that's the goal. Also fuck Know Your Value. Go work in a soup kitchen, attend the March on Washington this weekend, clean up the beaches near your homes. Do something of real value, and stop pretending Know Your Value (barf) means anything to anyone outside your little bubble of wealth and privilege. 

• Applause 5

All I can say is if I took off from my job as much as these two, I would be ashamed to make others do my job so I can fuck around. And I also wouldn't be posting photos on IG. 

They can't even work from home! They're in Maine for the summer, and can't even work and then go out on the varnished/unvarnished lobster boat. Also Mika, it doesn't make you more relatable to post photos of this huge home, your boats, etc.  

Of course the flip side is the show is so much better without them. 

• Like 4

I'm surprised she could drag herself away from posting on IG to do the show.

She posted photos of a cake she baked that's supposed to be one of their cats, but it looks like a rat sitting on a cake. 

She spent the summer baking these weird cakes and riding around on a boat dressed up like she's in witness protection. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5

This is supposed to be the cat Blue, sitting in a "box".  I swear it looks like Ratatouille. The nose is too long. 

I feel like when Michael Bluth asked his family "have you people ever seen a chicken?"   Has Mika ever seen a cat?  I mean she has two of them. 

I have no clue what the blueberries and the blue stuff is. DId the rat-cat poop on something?  I'm sorry but if I walked in and saw that thing I'd be peeing my pants laughing at it.  

I can just hear her friends  "look we get to stay in this lovely house for the weekend, let her think she's the Cake Boss or whatever, maybe they won't make us go out on that stupid boat". 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwv5LyWuIya/

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 1

Meeka’s eyebrows this morning… yowza. They were approaching Sylvester Stallone territory. It could have just been the lighting or her makeup. I haven’t watched much lately so I don’t know if this is sudden.

Kemper I notice on her IG posts she looks like she spent the summer in "France", aka had some touch ups on the fillers, maybe another mini lift etc.  Her lips look really plump and I noticed the eyes as well. 

At first I thought it was a filter on IG, but she looks different on air too. 

FYI if anyone's interested, she posted a bunch of photos of cakes her Mother baked/designed whatever over the years.  Mika even referred to herself as "cake boss". 

Neither one of them would make it thru the first round of "Cake Boss". 

• Like 2

"Mika is wearing a new purple and orange scarf." from Oakville this morning.

Ha! Check out her IG: her Ode to Her First Scarf is right up there with her Menopause Chronicles. She is so impressed with herself...

I wonder if KYV is running low on ideas and interest? She now has a "challenge" for her followers: Post a video of how KYV (aka Mika) has changed your life. She mentions "It's good practice-communicating effectively on camera". What a joke. She's been "practicing" for years with very little progress. You aren't qualified to judge others, Meeks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2023 at 11:24 AM, plumbago blues said:

"Mika is wearing a new purple and orange scarf." from Oakville this morning.

Ha! Check out her IG: her Ode to Her First Scarf is right up there with her Menopause Chronicles. She is so impressed with herself...

I wonder if KYV is running low on ideas and interest? She now has a "challenge" for her followers: Post a video of how KYV (aka Mika) has changed your life. She mentions "It's good practice-communicating effectively on camera". What a joke. She's been "practicing" for years with very little progress. You aren't qualified to judge others, Meeks.

I saw this on her IG, too.  Sure Meeks. In your little pea brain, everyone wants to be a half ass talk show host like you.  I know my value every  morning when I realize I have way better things to do than watch you and Joe. 

This reminds me of when Beyonce announced she was having a contest and to enter you had to write an essay on how her "Lemonade" album inspired you.  

It's pretty sad when wealthy famous women like this are so screwed up they need randos they don't know to tell them how wonderful they are. 

At least Bey was paying someone to fawn over her. What do we get from Mika? 

God please tell me it's not one of those God awful cake monstrosities.  A ride on the boat? A KYV scarf?  One of Mom's wood sculptures she was going to throw out anyway? 

Edited to add: The best comment on her IG feed re the KYV challenge is this gem "Do I have to cheat on my husband with my boss to qualify?"  

Edited by SeanBug
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just finished Walter Isaacson's bio of Elon Musk. Guess who showed up on page 4 hundred and something? JOE. Ugh. Of all the 100's, make that 1000's of people who have interacted/been near Elon, Isaacson was somehow compelled to mention that Joe was seated at Musk's table at the big celebrity wedding of Ari  Emanuel a summer or 2 ago in France. It was so incredibly unnecessary and forced. I get that Ari reps JoMika, and probably Isaacson, too, but pul-eeeeze. I guess it guarantees Isaacson a permanent FOS position. And added to Joe's giant ego.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxB7qrZOCBF/?img_index=2
I have to say I really like the way she looks here.  Is it fake?  Yes.  Do I like it anyhow, yes.

And this was weeks later:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx3LxLHLSM6/
So I guess lip filler wears off?

I'm not a woman, so to me the list of cosmetic stuff you all can choose to be faced with (pun a happy accident) is dizzying.  
If I wanted to have a jawline again, can my insurance pay for it?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxB7qrZOCBF/?img_index=2
I have to say I really like the way she looks here.  Is it fake?  Yes.  Do I like it anyhow, yes.

And this was weeks later:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx3LxLHLSM6/
So I guess lip filler wears off?

I'm not a woman, so to me the list of cosmetic stuff you all can choose to be faced with (pun a happy accident) is dizzying.  
If I wanted to have a jawline again, can my insurance pay for it?

Fillers do dissolve a little, but according to a dermatologist they are always there, so if you get more, you look weird. That's why some people look like their eyes are almost closed because they got them in their upper cheek/lower lid area. 

I think she got more recently because her lips are mega poofy.  Or she bought out all the Buxom lip plumper at the Maine Sephora store. 

And no, insurance does not cover plastic surgery, unless you're injured.  

• Like 2

Does Meeka have such low self confidence that she feels the need to constantly trade off of a family member’s name and fame?  Kind of like some officer’s wives introducing themselves as Mrs. Lieutenant Colonel Smith, Mrs. MajorJones. Hey … I was a military brat so don’t stone me. I lived it. 😎

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Does Meeka have such low self confidence that she feels the need to constantly trade off of a family member’s name and fame?

In a word: Yes. It's all connections with her. Father's name, Mother's odd talent, brothers' diplomatic/gov. ties, current husband's prior job...perhaps you've heard he was in Congress...Forbes and MSNBC were (probably) coerced into giving her a "platform" for which she is honestly unqualified for. I don't see her as woman of value at all. She's just so...lacking.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

In a word: Yes. It's all connections with her. Father's name, Mother's odd talent, brothers' diplomatic/gov. ties, current husband's prior job...perhaps you've heard he was in Congress...Forbes and MSNBC were (probably) coerced into giving her a "platform" for which she is honestly unqualified for. I don't see her as woman of value at all. She's just so...lacking.

This!! 

I was watching this morning, Joe was babbling about something, might have been the MLB playoffs, and she had that smug look on her face that makes you want to smack her thru the tv, and I swear to God  her eyebrows are so high, either she is drawing them on ala Miss Yvonne on PeeWee's Playhouse, or she has had yet another eye lift.  

As far as connections, I think this is a marriage based on a business relationship as much if not more  than two people being "in love".  She had insider DC connections thru her father that Joe would give a kidney to have, and Joe offered her an opportunity to finally be an anchor on a tv news show as well as dumping a f***ton of money into her bank account.  

Whatever it is , they deserve each other.  

• Like 4

You know, it hasn't even been a year yet (they started in Jan. 2023) with the 4 hour broadcast and Mika and Joe seem to have comfortably settled into working a 4 day week.  It's been months since Joe's been there 5 days a week and Mika lately (over the last month or so) seems to favor taking Fridays off.  I don't know why it pisses me off as much as it does, but it's a 4 hour day.  I shudder to think how these people would handle an 8 or 10-hour a day job like most people. And Joe (especially Joe), always seems to take off the day after something important happens (like the results of the elections, etc.)  I would love to know if this time off was originally part of the contract for the 4 hour format.  If so, I guess they knew ahead of time they couldn't hack it.  Add this to the amount of time they will no doubt take off for Thanksgiving and Christmas (I predict they won't be in all week for those holidays).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Are you guys aware that Joe has made more music?  According to Mika's IG, he has done a cover of "Both Sides Now".    Is his band called Independent Counsel of Funk?   Can my head explode more than once, because I think it just did.  Funk?? Seriously?  A middle aged white man,, a Republican, even using that word is blasphemy.  Here are some of the bands/musicians hat play funk music:

Ohio Players, Sly & the Family Stone, James Brown, Prince, George Clinton.

Do you see Joe Scarborough on that list??  

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Well, Meeka has KYV, Joe has Funk.  I guess hosting a four-hour show five days a week just isn't fulfilling enough.  Was it Sly and the Family Stone who sang "Play That Funky Music, White Boy" ... I will  now lap from my bowl of cream.

• LOL 2