Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Well, Meeka has KYV, Joe has Funk.  I guess hosting a four-hour show five days a week just isn't fulfilling enough.  Was it Sly and the Family Stone who sang "Play That Funky Music, White Boy" ... I will  now lap from my bowl of cream.

It was Wild Cherry, (a one hit wonder) which was comprised of all white guys, but it was the 70's, and it was allowed. (They also weren't a bunch of loud mouthed jerks who have no self awareness). 

Average White Band was the better known band of white guys, this lot was from Scotland I believe, and they had several big hits. Pick up the Pieces, If I Ever Lose This Heaven, and Work to Do. 

I'm not saying white musicians can't play music from that genre, but Joe playing at being a funk music afficionado because he can play guitar is like me claiming to be a runway model because I can wear clothes and walk on a stage. 

Side note: while I was Googling this travesty, the second or third entry "why isn't Joe Scarborough on Morning Joe any more".   If it's on the internet, it must be true!! 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

Are you guys aware that Joe has made more music?  According to Mika's IG, he has done a cover of "Both Sides Now".    Is his band called Independent Counsel of Funk?   Can my head explode more than once, because I think it just did.  Funk?? Seriously?  A middle aged white man,, a Republican, even using that word is blasphemy.  Here are some of the bands/musicians hat play funk music:

Ohio Players, Sly & the Family Stone, James Brown, Prince, George Clinton.

Do you see Joe Scarborough on that list??  

Joe said some of his previous songs should have been nominated for a Grammy award.

Mika was criticized for her interview with Dr Biden yesterday. Megyn rips into Mika & Joe for giving fawning interviews to Trump in 2015 & 2016 with the classic clips from the show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

OMG. Thanks Oakville. Joe's whine about the Fox town hall: "Why did they need TWO hosts?" I said that about MJ everyday I watched the show.

Not listening to Joe's latest music. I am shocked that the best he can do is a cover of a 1966 song that's been covered by so many others. I thought he was 'a songwriter for our times'. Heaven knows he's had plenty of free time to get creative. What a desperate hack.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

SeanBug...I came of age in the 60s - I loved every song  and band that you mentioned.  Joe's music doesn't bother me that much because I don't listen to it.  I think The Twins use the network to pimp out their side interests.  I can kind of understand music being a passion project. And apparently Joe can play guitar (I didn't know this). He is clueless about people actually being interested.

But gathering a group of women  - mostly from privileged backgrounds or Marrying Up,  and touting them as brilliant businesswomen kind of impresses me with how crafty Meeka is.  Well played. I know there are probably women who have made the list and deserve it that don't get interviewed on tv.  They are in the company of fellow KYVs like Chris Jenner.  And they get a trip out of the deal!  Meeka is grabbing opportunities to make her relevant; and impress people with her support of women's issues.  Epic fail.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Was it Sly and the Family Stone who sang "Play That Funky Music, White Boy"

It was Wild Cherry! This blast from the past hit a nerve. It was THE song of my first or second year of college barhopping. Those first couple of chords came on and we ran to the dance floor. Such fun! (I wouldn't be lying if I said I just found it on YouTube and danced around the room! Ageless.) 

But, Joe? A funky white boy? Puleeze.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Mika given free reign to showcase her vanity project is pretty sad given that it's nothing more than a special sorority of over privileged women who may have come from nothing and have achieved success but have no desire to reach down and help others 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

it's nothing more than a special sorority of over privileged women who may have come from nothing and have achieved success but have no desire to reach down and help others 

THIS! I was just thinking about her group and likened it to a kind of Liberal Elitists Junior League that cares more about themselves than others. Adrienne Elrod is quite needy, IMO; so eager to be the first "like" on Mika's SM (though I admit I haven't been keeping up with it for quite awhile now.) Why Houma is now a "thing" again I can't figure out. (In fact I just saw her book 'Both/And' in the "Take Me, I'm Free" book pile at the library. Tired re-run. Interesting that Mika's not at Davos...what with her immense power and influence over all things women. I saw Diane Von F. there this morning on CNBC and she was actually not terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, tres bien said:

no desire to reach down and help others 

This is beyond all else the most confusing aspect to the project.  If there is no outreach to actually apply participants' combined influence and experience, then... what the fuck is the point?  Then it becomes clear that the point is simply content, cynical tabloid content for an audience who want to look at pictures of women allowed to be in the "successful club."
It's not like Mika's passion is to work to help all women raise their circumstances.  Her evident passion is to look cute in dressed-down preppie gear and be on camera.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3

Sadly Mika is so self consumed that she believes the world revolves around her pet project and people outside of her circle know about - or care about such things.

KYV is not a worthy cause that makes a difference in people's lives. It's just a made up thing for the country club crowd she hangs with

• Applause 5

In the last 13 months, 5 female CEO's stepped down, and 4 female Prime Ministers.  If you knew your value, you'd already know the headwinds you face as the CEO or Prime Minister of your own company/country.  An intern unraveled the mystery of 5 women executives leaving their posts - "CRISIS IN THE C SUITE?!" - in a minute and a half.  And then Huma Abedin, who is giving "mailing it in" a bad name, sits through a Abu Dhabi promo package highlighting fashion designers' 60-100 red carpet photos.  
Who is this all for?  I mean beside us to laugh at it.

Is all of this for the intern at Forbes to have a job?  Huma gives zero fucks.  Mika doesn't care.  I guess it's a big deal to the caterers in Abu Dhabi.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

In the last 13 months, 5 female CEO's stepped down, and 4 female Prime Ministers.  If you knew your value, you'd already know the headwinds you face as the CEO or Prime Minister of your own company/country.  An intern unraveled the mystery of 5 women executives leaving their posts - "CRISIS IN THE C SUITE?!" - in a minute and a half.  And then Huma Abedin, who is giving "mailing it in" a bad name, sits through a Abu Dhabi promo package highlighting fashion designers' 60-100 red carpet photos.  
Who is this all for?  I mean beside us to laugh at it.

Is all of this for the intern at Forbes to have a job?  Huma gives zero fucks.  Mika doesn't care.  I guess it's a big deal to the caterers in Abu Dhabi.

I still don't understand why Huma is involved with Mika and her bs. 

FFS Huma was deputy chief of staff to Hillary Clinton when she was Sec of State. 

She can't find anything else to do with her time?  Get involved with a charity that actually does something, not a made up organization that celebrates rich women who invented Spanx or want to tell us normals how to get a job. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
3 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

I still don't understand why Huma is involved with Mika and her bs. 

FFS Huma was deputy chief of staff to Hillary Clinton when she was Sec of State. 

She can't find anything else to do with her time?  Get involved with a charity that actually does something, not a made up organization that celebrates rich women who invented Spanx or want to tell us normals how to get a job. 

Mika is the co-host of the second highest-rated morning show on cable news. She has connections to a legendary congressman.

Huma's ex-husband was not as successful as Joe after he left Congress.

• LOL 3
On 2/9/2024 at 9:19 AM, oakville said:

Mika is the co-host of the second highest-rated morning show on cable news. She has connections to a legendary congressman.

Huma's ex-husband was not as successful as Joe after he left Congress.

I wish they'd slip truth serum into everyone's coffee so we could hear what they really think of Joe Legend and Mika Bullshitzki. 

• LOL 2
On 2/18/2024 at 12:37 PM, plumbago blues said:

Re: Mika chatting about Bob Marley...

Anyone see the video she made to Joe's latest hit? The one "sung" in the coolest, hippest voice about having a pound of hash and a stash of blow and being the edgiest of edgy dudes? Ridiculous and Totally on brand, Meeks. 😉

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3a_JFLAB6k/?hl=en

What the ever loving fuck was that?? 

Ms Elite DC Insider runs down a street in FL with her expensive hybrid Bernedoodle jumps on her boat and takes off like she's running from the police, while her dipshit husband sings a song that is probably more appropriate for the B side to Allman Brothers' Whipping Post. Except Greg, even in a drug induced haze, would have thought it was crap. 

If Mika was chatting about Bob Marley, it's from notes she took from his Wikipedia page. She doesn't watch tv, isn't into music (unless it's hubby's half assed nonsense) knows nothing of popular culture, but she's a Bob Marley afficionado? 

Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Meeka has gravitas!, dammit!  She interviewed the actor who is starring in the Marley movie. So now she is a starry-eyed film and music expert.  I would bet she is trying to arrange an interview with Taylor S for KYV.  I wonder Huma and Adrian E would show up? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Meeka has gravitas!, dammit!  She interviewed the actor who is starring in the Marley movie. So now she is a starry-eyed film and music expert.  I would bet she is trying to arrange an interview with Taylor S for KYV.  I wonder Huma and Adrian E would show up? 

She used to interview Bradley Cooper until she insulted him by telling him how stupid she thought The Hangover was.  And then Bradley, like everyone else, realized he didn't need this two bit circus to promote his projects. 

Mika doesn't realize that some pop culture, and silly comedies like The Hangover,  are what us normals indulge in to relax. And I'm real sure she saw that Bob Marley movie. Not. 

Normal working women don't get to attend "women's conferences" for rich CEO's in Dubai. Why does she have to go to Dubai? Did she not pay the bill at the Marriott when she leased their conference room?  

Would Huma & Adrian show up?  Guess it depends on if they're done packing KYV teeshirts for her next public appearance and cleaning her house.  Isn't that what all her staff has to do? Menial labor to get an internship? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 2/29/2024 at 8:59 AM, Lowcountry snark said:

How Poker Helps Women Embrace Risk and Gain Key Money Skills
Tickets still available for Abu Dhabi.  March 5-8

You're doing the Lord's work, Mika.  

"Born on Third Base Thinking You Hit A Home Run" - why women who actually had to work their ass off to get ahead think this summit is a load of CRAP, and if we have an extra $10,000 laying around we sure as fuck aren't going to use it to hear Shania Twain and Suze Orman chat: We have PBS and The View where we can watch them for free. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It never ends with her. Check her latest IG post. She needed a day off from it "all" and gives the rest of us permission to have a do-nothing day, too. Do women of actual value and self worth NEED a privileged grifter to lecture them in how to care for themselves? If she's so spent from her frivolous yet well paying job, how's about skipping the foolish vanity projects like traveling across the world for a "summit" of rich women congratulating each other. (And what's up with the apartment she shows? Have they taken a second place or something?)

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
On 3/1/2024 at 10:57 AM, plumbago blues said:

It never ends with her. Check her latest IG post. She needed a day off from it "all" and gives the rest of us permission to have a do-nothing day, too. Do women of actual value and self worth NEED a privileged grifter to lecture them in how to care for themselves? If she's so spent from her frivolous yet well paying job, how's about skipping the foolish vanity projects like traveling across the world for a "summit" of rich women congratulating each other. (And what's up with the apartment she shows? Have they taken a second place or something?)

I just looked at her IG post. FFS Mika you can do nothing and still wash the dishes in the sink! That apartment looks like single dad lived there and Mika bought a rug at Target to class the place up.  I wonder if this is daughter's apartment. Whose dog is that? 

You're not doing nothing, you posting videos of yourself to get feedback from your cult because you feel sad and no one has told you how wonderful you are for a few days.  Do you pay your staff to make up fake IG ID's for these posts? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The truth about the KYV spectacle.  If Mika had an ounce of humanity she would foot the bill, on her own if necessary, to bring a couple of women she professes to admire that have done admirable things because it was the right thing to do and have suffered the consequences. Remember how she applauded Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss?

It was all fake

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Today is my "do nothing" day, so to honor Mika and her sad grubby apartment and dirty dishes, I checked her IG feed. 

She finally posted pics from her 30 for 50 Dubai party. 

It's an all star cavalcade featuring a country singer from the 90s, a woman whose financial advice is spend hundreds of $ on my stupid book and I'll tell you why women can't save money, and what  looks like Huma and Adrien with her on stage, but when I click on the post the stage is empty.  Maybe they had to get back to handing out badges and gift bags. 

Sad. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It seems to me that the original KYV at least seemed to focus a little on practical advice for regular professional women. Although I do agree that it was a vanity project for Mika even back then, I could at least see some benefit.

Now that she seems to have merged KYV with Forbes, the whole thing has become absurd. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, SeanBug said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.  Let's go girls! (Barf)

All these new emojis and no puke one. Sad.

And that black dress on Mika...she's just so...awkward.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 6:34 PM, plumbago blues said:

All these new emojis and no puke one. Sad.

And that black dress on Mika...she's just so...awkward.

There's a new one of her strolling thru the airport.. She  has these pics taken from behind. What are you hiding Mika?  Is this a Kate Middleton situation?  Is this a body double? Were you even IN Dubai?  These are questions that need to be answered! 

That black dress looks like she's the host of some late night horror movie show, like Elvira. 

I also noticed the IG cult is breaking down. People are asking why this event is held in Abu Dhabi, and for wealthy women. 

Maybe nobody else has enough of those fancy gold chairs and floral arrangements?  

Look where your ten grand is going girls! You think you get this fancy ballroom and a "night in the desert" at the Marriott in Midtown?  I think not! 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Her IG followers are as dopey as her if they don't know the difference between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

If that was a typo. Nevermind 

I think Mika would want to be filmed from behind to make people think she's so important that paparazzi are following her by

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Her IG followers are as dopey as her if they don't know the difference between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

...and when you add Scoobie-Doo and Yabba Dabba Doo into the mix...it's truly a global event for all.

• LOL 2
55 minutes ago, tres bien said:

If that was a typo. Nevermind 

I think Mika would want to be filmed from behind to make people think she's so important that paparazzi are following her by

That was probably my typo.  I read her IG feed and start rage typing. 

Apologies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

That was probably my typo.  I read her IG feed and start rage typing. 

Apologies. 

No need to apologize! Rage typing is expected when one reads her IG!!!!! 

(Just having fun around here anyway!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

No need to apologize! Rage typing is expected when one reads her IG!!!!! 

(Just having fun around here anyway!)

I'm surprised her cult even knew where they were going. 

"Dubai??  I thought we were going to Dubuque.". 

• LOL 3

I have had fun commenting on Meeka and the KYV grift since its inception.  It gives us, as a group, a united front to snark.  However.

After looking at your pictures on Instagram  - I actually get a bit pissed off.  The whole grift is sort of a maybe untended slap at the majority of working women.  KYV celebration is made up of mostly moneyed, entitled women on a great vacation, celebrating themselves.  I don't begrudge them their lifestyles; but let's not forgot how a good many of them got to where they were.

If not for marrying Joe, Meeka would not be sitting on her lofty perch. No shade intended - it has been a way forward for women for centurires.  But let's not pretend you put in the work; invented something; made someone's life better, started a foundation for charitable works, etc. Uh-oh...should not have suggested a foundation.  Will that be next?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Now that Mika is back from her "1001 Arabian Nights" Scamarama, she's showing us her freezer that seems to have nothing but ice cream and something she has delivered from "7/11's within 25 miles of wherever I am. Because I'm a rich  white lady and I wouldn't be caught dead going into a 7/11. Or I make Huma go for me". 

"I try to eat healthy, but sometimes in the middle of the night, I wake up and realize what a shallow ninny I am, and that my husband is a bully and a blowhard, and the only thing that lulls me back to sleep is a 1/2 gallon of Breyer's". 

https://www.instagram.com/mikabrzezinski

I guess she's done supporting Navalny's widow, and "lifting up women", and back to her "every day is do nothing day" life style. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I didn't know she was a best-selling author.  Of course, any host/analyst/pundit  on this network becomes a best-selling author.  Not sure about Luke, though; it has been on the "new books" shelf at my library for weeks.  Not checked out.

• LOL 1

It's so obvious Mika has no interest in women that aren't in what she considers her social class.

But Navalny's widow? I would hope Yulia Navalnaya would feel that way about Mika and not give her the time of day. Ms Navalnaya is a GOAT and Mika's just dumb nanny goat

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

My, have times changed. From the days when Mika would fat shame Chris Christie and throw a birthday cake in the trash...to having gas station ice cream delivered! WTH? I wonder if she ran that financial budget buster by Suze. What hypocritical fame whores they all are.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1

What is the saying?  Money talks, wealth whispers.  KYV is money, allegedly.  No "wealth" people would be patting themselves on the back and dancing with one another in merriment.  But what do I know...I have neither.  Yet I still know my value.

By the way - did some of those "candid" shots seem forced? Is Martha Stewart part of KYV?  Like her or not, she earned everything.  She worked hard for a long time to get where she is.  Prison notwithstanding. 😁

• Like 4
On 3/17/2024 at 6:01 PM, plumbago blues said:

My, have times changed. From the days when Mika would fat shame Chris Christie and throw a birthday cake in the trash...to having gIas station ice cream delivered! WTH? I wonder if she ran that financial budget buster by Suze. What hypocritical fame whores they all are.

I bet she has them throw a few gas station hot dogs in the order.  

All that money from her MSNBC contract and not one penny to buy an ounce of class. 

• Applause 2

Mika's highlight reel on IG has her showing off her new red "KYV" baseball hats. 

She's almost in tears reveling in her brilliance at making people think it's a red MAGA cap, when what it is really doing is showing 'YOUR SUPPORT FOR LIFTING UP WOMEN !!  It's brilliant OMG!!" 

Take it down a notch Looney Tunes.   Do you know how many red ball caps there are out there? 

IU, St Louis Cardinals (baseball) AZ Cardinals, 49ers, Bucs, Red Sox....

I'm not even going to research all the college teams. 

• LOL 4

Mika's got her freak on...check out her make-up chair karaoke. OMG. I can feel her daughters' cringe from here. Shania must have inspired her. Nothing says KYV to all of us commoners like performing with a Starbucks and a can of hairspray while your personal hair and make-up guy diddles with rollers.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2