Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:
3 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Mika is fit, beautiful, aware, and resourceful.

FIFY.

Fair.  "Resourceful" was a polite way of saying "rich."  She is wildly unaware, but once knew enough to wear clothes fit for purpose.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

"One of?"  Who else wears a yoga jacket and mom jeans to host a political chat show???  Mika is fit, beautiful, aware, and resourceful.  Yet she chooses to dress like she's an exhausted, over-committed housewife.  Dressed in a multi-use outfit appropriate for carpools, appointments, tennis, lunch w/friends, and errands.  Not as if she's the host of a major television show.
And she's not "winning" by consciously selecting repeatable comfort over style.  She diminishes herself by wearing her obi wan bathrobi.  Imagine if Joe came in one morning wearing a hemp poncho and sunglasses and board shorts, then wrote a Know Your Value young bros, dress for you.

As you may know, I am Canadian, so I was being polite about Mika's wardrobe.

Joe used to wear cereal stained fleece tops with white khakis on the set in 2012. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I am grateful to the Mods here for keeping us on track re the difference in the threads; sometimes The Twins can cross several borders. I just need to get this out and get past it.  Here goes. 

I like the concept of women knowing their value. The problem is that it is “run” by a woman who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has never earned any job she has had gifted to her. I would like to see a woman, single or married, parent or not, who juggles a job, family, house, all without a nanny, housekeeper, etc. Who has an income of, say, not over $100,000. How this woman can get more training, education, etc. Who would love to move up to a better job. How about some seminars in the rust belt, rural areas, inner cities?

I honestly can’t even take the Women Over 50 movement seriously. Sponsored not by companies that specialize in women’s issues, both personal and professional. (health, investing small amounts of money, etc.) Nope. No glamour, black sheath dresses, stylists and patting oneself on the back for how fabulous your life is would go over well with regular women over 50. I am unreasonably angry and resentful of Meeka and her coven. And I can’t blame it all on her, really. She is only taking advantage of something gifted to her via her husband’s name and alleged popularity. And a generous employer.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am grateful to the Mods here for keeping us on track re the difference in the threads; sometimes The Twins can cross several borders. I just need to get this out and get past it.  Here goes. 

I like the concept of women knowing their value. The problem is that it is “run” by a woman who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has never earned any job she has had gifted to her. I would like to see a woman, single or married, parent or not, who juggles a job, family, house, all without a nanny, housekeeper, etc. Who has an income of, say, not over $100,000. How this woman can get more training, education, etc. Who would love to move up to a better job. How about some seminars in the rust belt, rural areas, inner cities?

I honestly can’t even take the Women Over 50 movement seriously. Sponsored not by companies that specialize in women’s issues, both personal and professional. (health, investing small amounts of money, etc.) Nope. No glamour, black sheath dresses, stylists and patting oneself on the back for how fabulous your life is would go over well with regular women over 50. I am unreasonably angry and resentful of Meeka and her coven. And I can’t blame it all on her, really. She is only taking advantage of something gifted to her via her husband’s name and alleged popularity. And a generous employer.

I believe MSNBC decided to fund Mika's KYV project after her co workers , Tom Brokaw, Matt Lauer, Harold Ford Jr , Mark Halperin & Chris Matthews were accused of sexual harassment & or assault.

Mika agreed to have her books published by Harvey Weinstein's company Hachette despite the rumors that he was sexually assaulting & harassing women. She had to delay publication of her book after the scandals were made public.

Mika defended Tom Brokaw, Harold Ford Jr & Chris Matthews  & tried to get Halperin back on the network.

Mika is a poor role model for KYV.

Many viewers of the show know that she wouldn't be on MSNBC today if Joe was not physically attracted to her in 2007.

It's bizarre that anyone would take her KYV project seriously.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Not to mention since most of us don't work prestigious jobs with limited schedules our goal is to retire and remove ourselves from corporations evaluating our worth. Which is a near-impossibility for many of us. Mika sometimes strikes me as kind and conscious but touting this vanity project as something women need to strive for after already working most of their lives is just irritating AF. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Not to mention since most of us don't work prestigious jobs with limited schedules our goal is to retire and remove ourselves from corporations evaluating our worth. Which is a near-impossibility for many of us. Mika sometimes strikes me as kind and conscious but touting this vanity project as something women need to strive for after already working most of their lives is just irritating AF. 

Mika is the wrong spokesperson for KYV

Mika dumped her husband after over 20 years of marriage with 2 kids to keep her job as a co host of a cable news show. If she had she rejected Joe's romantic advances she would have likely been dropped from the show & would have become part of the #Metoo movement.

I will never forget what Michelle Wolfe said about Mika & Joe.

• Love 4

I don't understand the 50 over 50.  Today they did Asia.  they named 3 ladies in that hemisphere and briefly described what they've done.   Then they talked about themselves, lists, 30 under 30 and 50 over 50, then they named other geographic regions, talked more about lists, and giggled.  What the everloving f?  What is the purpose of name checking women and describing those individual women's CVs?  A woman runs a web site, a woman runs a health outfit investigating auto immune disorders, and a woman is an artist.  Ok.  So what?  How does that help college aged woman or rust belt woman?

Also, @oakville, Hachette is a massive, massive publisher.  I think they publish more than 1/3 of the world's books.  Weinstein didn't own Hachette, he owned a tiny boutique publishing office under the Hachette umbrella.  It no longer exists.

Good lord Stephanie Ruhle looks fit today.

• Love 4
On 1/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, Lowcountry snark said:

I don't understand the 50 over 50.  Today they did Asia.  they named 3 ladies in that hemisphere and briefly described what they've done.   Then they talked about themselves, lists, 30 under 30 and 50 over 50, then they named other geographic regions, talked more about lists, and giggled.  What the everloving f?  What is the purpose of name checking women and describing those individual women's CVs?  A woman runs a web site, a woman runs a health outfit investigating auto immune disorders, and a woman is an artist.  Ok.  So what?  How does that help college aged woman or rust belt woman?

well but I mean literally no one else does this, or have done, as far as I know, I mean look at the previous Forbes lists which weren't exactly diverse 🥴. In that respect it actually *is* a new thing and I appreciate that they're actually trying to be diverse and branching out.

But I agree, for me also the obvious emphasis on the corporate and finance world is a lil jarring. But I think it's mainly because it's confusing because of Mika's other role on MSNBC, if you know what I mean, because the news is meant to be this universal thing, so there's this knee-jerk reaction to think that if Mika is doing a women's rights project it must be a project applying to all women in all professions and all income groups etc. And maybe it should be, but it isn't.

In context it's fairly obvious that her project is for women in corporate news media, and was never really intended for anything else. And I think that's actually totally ok, as long as there's honesty about it.

And for me at least that makes it easier to grasp what she's trying to say in context idk -  I don't think Mika is trying to be women's rights advocate in a broad sense of including ordinary women in all professions -  I think because of her private experiences in her life it's very much her private project, for and about women in business, and particularly women in profit-driven media.

And profit-driven news media *is* still a ridiculously sexist field so it kinda makes sense to do something particularly related to that field in an insular way, I mean, there's nothing wrong about that,

idk. I've been snarking on this project a lot but but then they included Yayoi Kusama on their Asian list, which does make me kinda feel that they must have actual people on their staff who do actual research and who *get it*, bc I can't think of a human more deserving of a spot on that list, I f-ing love herrrrr. 

I just hope for her sake a condition of being in the "KYV club" and going to the conference isn't having to do that depressing wearing black darkness trolling thingy because in this case it really wouldn't go over well 😂 #liveandletlive #joy #color #queen #age92

image.thumb.png.f663ab874b5febca91e9a863408d1206.png

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, neona2 said:

well but I mean literally no one else does this, or have done, as far as I know, I mean look at the previous Forbes lists which weren't exactly diverse 🥴. In that respect it actually *is* a new thing and I appreciate that they're actually trying to be diverse and branching out.

But I agree, for me also the obvious emphasis on the corporate and finance world is a lil jarring. But I think it's mainly because it's confusing because of Mika's other role on MSNBC, if you know what I mean, because the news is meant to be this universal thing, so there's this knee-jerk reaction to think that if Mika is doing a women's rights project it must be a project applying to all women in all professions and all income groups etc. And maybe it should be, but it isn't.

In context it's fairly obvious that her project is for women in corporate news media, and was never really intended for anything else. And I think that's actually totally ok, as long as there's honesty about it.

And for me at least that makes it easier to grasp what she's trying to say in context idk -  I don't think Mika is trying to be women's rights advocate in a broad sense of including ordinary women in all professions -  I think because of her private experiences in her life it's very much her private project, for and about women in business, and particularly women in profit-driven media.

And profit-driven news media *is* still a ridiculously sexist field so it kinda makes sense to do something particularly related to that field in an insular way, I mean, there's nothing wrong about that,

idk. I've been snarking on this project a lot but but then they included Yayoi Kusama on their Asian list, which does make me kinda feel that they must have actual people on their staff who do actual research and who *get it*, bc I can't think of a human more deserving of a spot on that list, I f-ing love herrrrr. 

I just hope for her sake a condition of being in the "KYV club" and going to the conference isn't having to do that depressing wearing black darkness trolling thingy because in this case it really wouldn't go over well 😂 #liveandletlive #joy #color #queen #age92

image.thumb.png.f663ab874b5febca91e9a863408d1206.png

Do you have a link to Mika's new list of 50 over 50 ?

• Useful 1

oh so now they posted another list

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2022/01/18/50-over-50-emea-2022/?sh=3940743a2224

hmm. I wonder why they made this big thing of doing in-depth global lists and did an Asia list etc but uhhhh.....Europe, the Middle East and Africa are in the same list....?

So depriving tons of other women from those regions from getting much needed publicity *sigh*

and they're actually gonna do a thingy in the UAE so they could've actually given opportunities for travel, experience and networking for a shitton of women in the middle east, some of whom are fighting for visibility because they are fighting for their lives... but they confined it to like...five...who don't really need it?

not too concerned about Antartica and Austrialia.... but is South America not gonna be a thing or...?

anyhoo. Insulted for Angela Merkel who inexplicably was out-KYV'ed by um, Judi Dench?

Also SHIRIN EBADI who was treated like shit until, in 2003 at age 56 she as the first muslim woman to ever win the f-ing NOBEL PEACE PRIZE aaaaaaaaaaaah *headdesk* she's now 74 and in asylum in Paris bc she's scared for her life. etc. like how is it even possible to miss a thing like this do they not own a computer with google????

I know lil art girls are dumb and annoying about visual stuff, but the people whose names were badly pronounced deserved visible chyrons so that those who were actually curious could look them up without having to decipher...whatever that was. heh.

anyhoo, no list is perfect.

and I'm here for Raya Ani, Leena Nair and the undisputed queen of all queens Angelique Kidjo!!! 

I stand by my assessment that it's a vaguely tone-deaf, insular, but ultimately actually very postive endeavour. two things true at once all that.

I think they could do better but also really really glad they're doing it? a lot of things are like that, I generally like to be positive about things. ymmv. I actually like this project bc it's a really great first kinda thing

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1

I watch the show on mute much of the time, while audio of something else is played through the speaker.
Not once was a KYV woman's name on the screen.  Not her CV.  Not a link to the Forbes web site.  Not ONE note about each of the women.  There were 2 photographs used for three women, and 1 photograph used for two women.
Is her seminar in Dubai ticketed?  Can anyone go?  What could the content of it possibly be?  Will the 50 50s be there?  Whelp, there's no information on that, no link to anything.

What's the purpose of KYV?  Is the purpose to tell these women's stories so that others may follow in their footsteps? Ok.  Where do you learn their stories?  Who is meant to learn?  What is going to change?  How do you connect these women and their stories to MSNBC viewers?  Where do I sign up for this newsletter?

It all matters so much, that not ONE NBC staffer could take the fucking time to copy/paste the women's bios for a chyron.  To find THREE pictures of them.  Or god forbid, video.  Or call the women.  Zoom with them.  Create a video channel on NBC.com where each woman is interviewed by Mika and she finds the core of their narrative for all to hear, and, Mika then ties all their narratives together as the Teachable Moment.  The center of what's good about hearing older women's tales of struggle and success or privilege and luck.  but... no.  

KYV is about Mika talking about lists, then talking to a staffer about lists, describing the next list, and then promoting a date where they'll talk about lists in person.
Less weighty than fluff.  
At least Mika is enthused and engaged.

• Love 4

I find it interesting that MJ has George Conway on (sorry, but his voice is so off putting that I can’t listen to him - get the heebie jeebies) but Adam Kinsinger and Al Franken are on CNN. I guess “their times” in The House and Senate are too recent; Joe is too thin-skinned to tolerate it. Kinsinger seems to be everything that Joe wants/wanted to be. Back when he was…..

• LOL 4

Read Comcast's 4th quarter results/future plans and saw they plan to pour $3 billion...with a B!..into Peacock programming! How much of that will be wasted on Mika? Or has her show started already? I never saw any more info on it since the first announcement. I would like them to take the whole MJ mess over there and leave mornings at MSNBC to professionals. I'll be angry if Katty ends up there in virtual Siberia while Joe and Mika fumble their way through 4 hours every morning. What a waste. How on earth will lazy Mika do 4 hours of MJ, the Peacock thing, her little podcast (has anyone dared to listen?), KYV, spending time with her mother, etc.???? That is just overwhelming and oversaturation for anyone, let alone someone with very little talent and "it" factor. Crazy.

• Love 3

oh man. I always wonder why they do the trolling thingy but I sometimes do kinda get it 🥴 

I don't agree with their approach on the trolling thingy bc it blurs the lines between things I consider positive and healthy and creative aspects of overall expression and unity in a visual medium with uhhh invasive personal stuff that is and should be irrelevant ---> the actual conflation is heartbreaking to me. And I'm not sure letting solidarity blur into anonymity is the answer. i would like to say that the going into invasive stuff and judging people in that way is not mainstream thinking among women in arts or theatre or cosmetics or fashion or whatever. notthere to make people feel bad #notallartgirls  

On 1/27/2022 at 8:37 PM, oakville said:

& her alleged affair with her former boss at Bloomberg, Andy Lack who later was the boss at  MSNBC are problematic. Stephanie has not commented on her relationships with these two men.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-host-suggests-stephanie-ruhles-relationships-with-men-helped-her-stand-out-while-job-searching/

Expand  

but in fairness Oakville re: the "alleged affair" with Andy Lack this article literally says it was an insinuation tweeted out by *one*, only one (!), otherwise generally unreliable asshole at Fox news, with zero reporting to back it up. I mean it literally says that. I don't see how that becomes a problematic "alleged affair". it seems nuts and incredibly cruel to me that some random person can just tweet something like that out and it becomes a news story where people will skim the headline and just assume. 🥴 ymmv

Neona

I agree that the alleged affair between Stephanie &  Andy Lack may not have happened. We were speculating about Mika & Joe for years on this forum before the truth was revealed.

MSNBC & NBC has had many broadcasters who engaged in affairs which ended up in sexual harassment scandals.

Stephanie's affair with the CEO of Under Armour A was widely reported. I doubt the Board of Directors would have fired him if there was no evidence of the affair. The main concern of the Board of Directors is that the CEO was using the company's private jet for trips with Stephanie Ruhle.

Stephanie has also been criticized for her close relationship with Mike Bloomberg when he ran for President in 2020. She started her broadcasting career at Bloomberg.

• Love 3

What are we all not seeing?  MSNBC execs seem enamored with these two.  They let Kasey go.  Then they are going to expand this embarrassment of a show.  I don't get it! Is the bench so weak?

I am baffled by MSNBC's decision. i thought they would keep Kasey rather than expand Morning Joe. Joe has agreed to reduce the amount of time that he talks about Former President Trump, so that' a good sign.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

From CNN   The show is still figuring out logistics, including staffing for the additional programming. Scarborough and Brzezinski, I'm told, have been heavily involved in the entire process. "Joe and Mika have a very clear sense of who they want in that hour and have made that clear to MSNBC brass," one source told me.

How about working the first three hours you entitled sloths.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow. Of course they only want Friends of Show on the fourth (Fourth!) hour. Like what they have now is not stale enough. And if they handpick any new “friends” I would expect the newbies would need to be permanently grateful. This news also goes to show how much influence Joe has with the network honchos. Fourth! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

And if they handpick any new “friends” I would expect the newbies would need to be permanently grateful.

Sounds perfect for Daniella (?), Mika's minion. Didn't they have a big announcement about her joining the show/network? Maybe this extra hour will give her something to do. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Sounds perfect for Daniella (?), Mika's minion. Didn't they have a big announcement about her joining the show/network? Maybe this extra hour will give her something to do. 

I think that Katty Kay would be the best choice for the additional hour. Regarding Daniella Pierre Bravo (DPB), while I find her story inspiring, and respect her for her hard work, I find her on-air persona to be fairly boring, and I tend to tune out the show when she is on.  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, cased said:

I think that Katty Kay would be the best choice for the additional hour.

I totally agree. In fact, I found that CNN article which seems to indicate Katty is in the running. (I put it on the other board.) Her hour would be a ratings boost for the show...I wish she could break away from the MJ "label" and not give the duo even more inflated egos.

• Love 4

I googled KYV. Hang on to your hats, kids...Hilary is the star attraction and The Most 50 Over 50-iest of them all and Mika will be interviewing her at the meeting! And Houma's coming! And super-model Paulina something! Erg. 

This is apparently not an affair for the little people. The fashion show mentioned earlier is so comical...Mika the fashion plate...maybe she'll have a special scarf commissioned to wear with her robe.

Is Joe tagging along or will she appear on the show as she did in Warsaw? What is the point of going all that way, with the virus still raging in places, for just a made up awards show? Hell, they cancelled Davos...but Mika's thing is a go?

• Love 4

A puff piece today on MJ going to four hours. It stressed that there would be reruns of some segments because no one apparently watches four full hours; and I guess some segments will be so captivating and newsworthy that they simply must be made available. It did mention, I think, the previous egregious (my word) rerun of the 6 am half-hour being shown again at 8. 

Dan Abrams apparently loves these two. The article also touched on how no one, really, could host the entire three/four hours; there will be fill-ins but I can’t remember who. What is the network thinking? 

The article also stated that The Twins are “iconic” …. let that sink in.  Joe’s ego must be off the rails at this point. Take that Rachel Maddox. Iconic!

Edited by Kemper
Corrected spelling
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

A puff piece today on MJ going to four hours. It stressed that there would be reruns of some segments because no one apparently watches four full hours; and I guess some segments will be so captivating and newsworthy that they simply must be made available. It did mention, I think, the previous egregious (my word) rerun of the 6 am half-hour being shown again at 8. 

Dan Abrams apparently loves The Twins. The article also touched on how no one, really, could host the entire four hours; there will be fill-ins but I can’t remember who. What is the network thinking? 

The article said that Katty Kay & Eugene Daniels would appear more often.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville. I just edited my post; the writer called them “iconic” which makes me wonder if it is just us with these two.

I wouldn't use the word iconic to describe them . I will give them credit for surviving 15 years on cable news. If you back to the MSNBC cable lineup in 2007, I can't think of anyone who still has the same hosts.

It's interesting that no one snarks on other cable hosts as much as we do here. 

I watch the CNN morning show on weekends & I like Christi Paul. It's a show where the hosts read the TelePrompter correctly & aren't as opinionated as Mika & Joe.

• Love 3

I honestly think for cable news and for MSNBC especially, it's an interesting crossroads.

I mean tee-vee news is a visual medium, a visual forum, and a very specific form of communication that relies on facts and reporting, but at the same time it *is* fundamentally linked to images and trust and visceral human connection

....and increasingly with home studios and zoom guests etc etc the lead players seem to be fronting the argument that the visuals are irrelevant and we should think of the entire endeavor more as a podcast, and sort of turn our eyes off and listen rather than see? But then what is the point of television?

In fairness, in some ways it works really well, because tbh so much of the MSNBC reporting is truly stellar in a free-standing sense. Even listening to an MJ podcast rather than watching the show is not actually bad, and on some days even better than having to squint at various confusing hellscapes etc.  

But at the same time it does mean the visual aspect and visceral human connection element of the medium is slowly erasing itself and defining itself out of existence, and I always wonder if that's intentional and what the long-term plan is? 

Edited by neona2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, neona2 said:

I honestly think for cable news and for MSNBC especially, it's an interesting crossroads.

I mean tee-vee news is a visual medium, a visual forum, and a very specific form of communication that relies on facts and reporting, but at the same time it *is* fundamentally linked to images and trust and visceral human connection

....and increasingly with home studios and zoom guests etc etc the lead players seem to be fronting the argument that the visuals are irrelevant and we should think of the entire endeavor more as a podcast, and sort of turn our eyes off and listen rather than see? But then what is the point of television?

In fairness, in some ways it works really well, because tbh so much of the MSNBC reporting is truly stellar in a free-standing sense. Even listening to an MJ podcast rather than watching the show is not actually bad, and on some days even better than having to squint at various confusing hellscapes etc.  

But at the same time it does mean the visual aspect and visceral human connection element of the medium is slowly erasing itself and defining itself out of existence, and I always wonder if that's intentional and what the long-term plan is? 

Very impressive analysis, NEONA2! Did you study TV in college?

I took a course on how politics & news is portrayed on TV when i was in college.

We had to watch a movie called the Candidate with Robert Redford as the main character.

Mike Barnicle also appeared in the movie as an advisor to Redford.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, oakville said:

I took a course on how politics & news is portrayed on TV when i was in college.

Suddenly I feel very old. Curricula such as these had not yet been invented during my college years. I guess I just attended the Politics and News on TV School Of Hard Knocks!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, oakville said:

We had to watch a movie called the Candidate with Robert Redford as the main character.

The Candidate is one of the most underrated movies ever. And prophetic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/12/2022 at 1:47 AM, oakville said:

No, only tangentially, but women in the Arts, baby. sometimes we are smart. Sometimes 🥴

That does sound like a fun course you took though. Is the Barnicle thing for real? I would watch that, I love Barnicle

• Love 2
On 2/13/2022 at 5:21 PM, neona2 said:

No, only tangentially, but women in the Arts, baby. sometimes we are smart. Sometimes 🥴

That does sound like a fun course you took though. Is the Barnicle thing for real? I would watch that, I love Barnicle

I found The Candidate on YouTube. It had Spanish subtitles but the sound was in English.

It's an excellent film that reminds me of Primary Colors which was popular in the late 1990s

I still kept some of my books from College about How the TV News media covers politics. This was before CNN became popular during the First Gulf War in 1991.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, may flowers said:

Interesting report out from Puck News that Chris Licht, former Morning Joe EP, is replacing Jeff Zucker at CNN. To all of you who follow The Adventures of Joe & Mika, how do you think they feel about it? Does it give the even greater leverage at MSNBC?

https://puck.news/jeff-zuckers-successor-is-chris-licht/

Four hours! says it all. I think Joe even referenced how he discussed possible hosts of shows with whoever was in charge (possibly the new CNN guy or Andy Lack)  back in the day. Meeka said that at first, MJ was comprised of The Island of Lost Toys. These last remarks were made in an interview; at some point I will remember the circumstances and when. They were boastful and that was years ago.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, may flowers said:

Interesting report out from Puck News that Chris Licht, former Morning Joe EP, is replacing Jeff Zucker at CNN. To all of you who follow The Adventures of Joe & Mika, how do you think they feel about it? Does it give the even greater leverage at MSNBC?

https://puck.news/jeff-zuckers-successor-is-chris-licht/

I think it is a good move by CNN to hire Chris Licht. He helped make Morning Joe  must watch tv show for the Inside the Beltway types from 2008-2015. The show has not been the same since he left. I hope he transforms CNN into a worthy competitor to MSNBC.

• Love 3

Do anchors on CNN wear yellow and blue?  Making the bravest of brave empty gestures?  If Facebook wasn't so beneath Mika her avatar would be yellow and blue.  Doing her bit.  So so brave.  Bravely retweeting others.  History will record Mika doing her bit in the war effort.

She is so outraged by these inhuman atrocities she went to ETSY last week and ordered yellow scarves.  Doing her bit.  It all matters!

If only for years and years had she been working on a global women's topics effort backed by NBC, Forbes, and donors, and if only she had tight personal relationships with a global network of journos, artists, authors, politicians, activists that she could marshal in a time like this to understand: What are women doing in Ukraine now - are they fighting, organizing?  What are fleeing women doing as refugees and what help do they need?  What conditions do they face?  What are women in host countries doing to help refugees?  What was it like to be a professional woman in Ukraine prior to the war?  What are American-based Ukrainian women doing?  What is her sister in law in Poland doing to help relocated families?

Still, just telling stories about what others are doing isn't as helpful as actually doing something, but it's something, and it'd give me a way to help via donations or time.  But no, she's wearing a yellow scarf to do her bit.  

Her BROTHER is the ambassador in Poland.  Mika could actually do something to help refugees... she could spearhead efforts to build groups that provide food shelter now, and training down the line.  She could go there and do this.  She has $, time, and connections.

(also above, i was joking when I said she had personal relationships with women's issues thought leaders after years and years of KYV, of course she doesn't.)

Edited by Lowcountry snark
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

What are women doing in Ukraine now - are they fighting, organizing?  What are fleeing women doing as refugees and what help do they need?  What conditions do they face?  What are women in host countries doing to help refugees?  What was it like to be a professional woman in Ukraine prior to the war?  What are American-based Ukrainian women doing?  What is her sister in law in Poland doing to help relocated families?

Hey now. One crisis at a time, please. A skim of her SM shows her current interest is in the fate of Afghan women and how we can help them. (Via what other women who spearhead these campaigns say.) For now, wearing scarves and having an ambassador brother is enough. And, no. I've not seen other anchors wearing colors or flowers on sets. I have seen them frequently put aid organizations/nonprofits/religious groups/etc. info on screens and crawlers, though. TBH, she and Joe may be doing that, too, but I am so turned off by her over the top empty gestures and faux concern...she spent a week in Poland prior to this and didn't address the threat????...that I can't be bothered with her feigned concern. Sorry.

• Love 5

Ok kiddies let’s gather round on the carpet and listen to miss Mika bumbling through mr joes story. Listen up!! She’s had plenty of time to practice her dramatic rendition. Time to leave for work for me. Too bad I’ll miss it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Isadora Duncan called and wants her scarf back, Mika.

BTW, what was her "something blue" today? In the few seconds I saw it looked like she was clutching a small purse. Is she that desperate? Maybe trade in the Starbucks for a blue raspberry Icee?

• LOL 4

long-timers on here, what's the tea on this MSNBC vs Olbermann drama??

And what was the Morning Joe component to it, and/or what is his drama with Joe and Mika bc he seems to hate them?

(but also more surprisingly he seems mad at Rachel ---> I can see Joe accidentally getting into dumb unnecessary feuds but not Rachel tbh, so that makes me skeptical) 

he posted this long-ass thread on twitter to prove to the universe that he's a totally calm and rational human and would not at all be a problematic employee 🥴

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1504557653950935042

i've never seen his show but I'm curious but I can't really find any decent links or clips or anything, so withholding judgment on whether he's actually interesting, I mean he might be.

but also I'm glad being an asshole in high-profile workplaces is gradually getting de-glamorized, that shit is so unnecessary. no one cares how much of a genius you are if you can't stfu and treat staff and co-workers with calmness and respect, then yikes

but yes, posting in the hosts thread because I'm curious about the MJ history!!