Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

i'm just watching this now and snark aside, tbh I think she was probably feeling unwell?

image.png.1eb3c55633a8d4c0164409ce33260a95.png

she was like huddled and hunched up in the corner quietly like this the whole time and not saying very much while the others were talking.

usually when they're in NYC she's more animated and contributes more, probably it was an off day.

tbh there's so much going around now, not just covid, like cold viruses etc, ugh.

Also usually temperatures in studios and public buildings are shitty and freezing so I don't really blame her for trying to keep warm. ymmv

• Like 1
On 2/6/2023 at 6:34 PM, chick binewski said:

This. I like Mika (kind of). But seriously? Hair loss for women really sucks. But she basically states in the article it was actually breakage. Does Mika not put it together that bleaching causes damage? Instead of the doctor she should have called Claire or Katty who have actual lowlights.

That being said I am impressed Mika cuts her own hair. I look like  crime victim when I try to cut mine.

This made me laugh so much, about looking like a crime victim. I’m not sure it’s that exactly, but I have boring Nicolle Wallace-type hair and during Covid I’d get my 80-year-old dad or my then-5-year-old to cut it. Just handing the scissors to anyone LOL.  It’s probably totally crooked but it’s the worst when it gets too long.

ETA: I’ve always been fascinated by Mika’s hair and I like it.  I had bleach in my hair a few times when I was younger and it actually sort of melted the hair.  I can’t imagine what keeping up with those roots would entail!  One of my mom friends is a hairdresser and it’s super helpful to be able to talk to her about this stuff! 

Edited by jenkait
adding something
  • Like 3

Saw an article in the ny post about the Scarborough’s meeting Kari lake at the airport. She said joe was pleasant Mika not so much. If you go to the site there is a picture. Why is Mika wearing a blue bathrobe in palm beach?  They should have her as a guest since she accuses them saying she’s a liar. Let’s see how that discussion would go. 

here’s one of photos. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
48 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Saw an article in the ny post about the Scarborough’s meeting Kari lake at the airport. She said joe was pleasant Mika not so much. If you go to the site there is a picture. Why is Mika wearing a blue bathrobe in palm beach?  They should have her as a guest since she accuses them saying she’s a liar. Let’s see how that discussion would go. 

here’s one of photos. 

image.png

This was the big story on Mediate a few hours ago. The picture they published was taken from the back. Ms. Lake was seemingly not pleased with how Meeka had spoken about her on-air. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

the most disappointing thing to me about all this drama is that in the end, it seems like Kari Lake admitted it wasn't Mika, but some random MJ staffer who called her a crazy delusional liar. 

And also it seems Kari Lake basically engineered an entire situation where *she* went out of her way to approach them, and then fudged and was confused about what actually happened.

Way to most definitively show the world you're "not a liar", lady. 🥴

In this situation, if it played out as described (which it probably didn't) I'm actually pretty mad at both affable-ass Joe and Mika (who in the video calmly shook her hand) for being chicken-shit

I'm a hundred, one thousand percent on the side of the staffer who told the truth.

Go badass MJ Staffer lady who actually tells the truth, we see you!!! can they put her on teh tee-vee please.

ETA: so here's the latest article I could find on it https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/watch-kari-lake-describes-what-happened-when-she-confronted-msnbc-hosts-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-at-florida-airport/

basically the narrative went from Kari Lake saying "Mika ran up to me and yelled that I'm a delusional liar!" to, I'm a crazy-ass stalker who randomly went up to Joe and Mika and accused *them* of badmouthing me, they were nice but their staffer told the truth 🥴 

mmkay, well, the only human who comes out of this looking good is the staffer #teamstaffer

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

The article (to me) seemed All About Me, Pat Myself on the Back For How Hard I Have Worked ode to herself. She single-handedly packed up a car/van for a move to the house in Maine. This may have precipitated the health scare. She is now going to take it easy on herself; change her exercise habits, given up the long runs (that is an entire movement nowadays), basically treating herself better - because she deserves it. 
And she has given up on the idea of keeping goats. Forbes got a big mention. She is also going to take a break when she needs to because according to her … she deserves it.

The sisterhood of women thank Mika for the insights into menopause.I hope others find the article and read it - please tell me that it just isn’t me who finds her ego off the charts. I am sympathetic to what she and her body are going through. If only women everywhere have not gone through menopause and had to get through it without the privilege of taking it easy on themselves.

*****It was on the MSNBC site****** 

Edited by Kemper
*****found the article on the MSNBC site*****
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

OMG! That was a cringe worthy read. The ME in Meeka was extreme. Just TMI...she thinks she so smart yet was shocked, shocked when menopause finally hit? (Does this brain fog explain why she was dressed in what appeared to be a black, tightly fitted priest's cassock on the weekend re-runs? Did she forget it's early summer and she's a prop to her husband's show?) Joe was so helpful, taking pictures of her and her friend in the hospital...and he adjusts the thermostat for her! What a guy! He would be of better service to her if he would review her public statements/interviews to avoid her embarrassing herself. (And maybe help with packing for their summer retreat.) The whole diet/exercise thing is a re-hash of what she said during the pandemic. Was going to go easy on herself, eat better, run less, sleep more. Yada yada yada. (Good catch Kemper!)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Seems like Mika has read about other celebrities talking a lot about their menopause and was envious.  It's a hot topic recently led by Gwyneth and then Oprah and so on...  Women are finding more and more resources to deal with it, it's being discussed openly more and more, and medicine is facing it more directly.  Then it happened to Mika and she has discovered menopause!
No more goats! Poor Mika.  No more daily 10 mile runs.  Poor Mika.  I packed the pickup truck with a whole house!  Poor Mika.  I cancelled vacations but went on other vacations!  Poor Mika.  Photos from the closet of an ER room!! Poor Mika.  I learned to run less and lift weights.  Genius Mika.  Bless her.

TL;DR: She is the discoverer of menopause, and suffers from it the worst.  And we need to know.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 6/21/2023 at 4:15 AM, Kemper said:

The article (to me) seemed All About Me, Pat Myself on the Back For How Hard I Have Worked ode to herself. She single-handedly packed up a car/van for a move to the house in Maine. This may have precipitated the health scare. She is now going to take it easy on herself; change her exercise habits, given up the long runs (that is an entire movement nowadays), basically treating herself better - because she deserves it. 
And she has given up on the idea of keeping goats. Forbes got a big mention. She is also going to take a break when she needs to because according to her … she deserves it.

The sisterhood of women thank Mika for the insights into menopause.I hope others find the article and read it - please tell me that it just isn’t me who finds her ego off the charts. I am sympathetic to what she and her body are going through. If only women everywhere have not gone through menopause and had to get through it without the privilege of taking it easy on themselves.

The winner of this whole thing would appear to be Mika’s knees! 

Kinda reminds me of when Arianna Huffington wrote a book about the magical secret of sleeping more to be more productive and healthy. Brilliant stuff!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

For what it's worth, she's soloing this morning with proper energy and focus, and she looks freaking great. 

If you tuned in late Joe was there for the 6 to 7 am that I watched 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 1

Wow, maybe this explains why Mika is always wearing a shawl or bathrobe on the show.  If she's going through menopause, maybe she's one of those women that gets chills instead of hot flashes.  Also, that also might explain why she has brain fog and can't read the cue cards and pronounce words properly half the time. It's a bitch!  I remember what I went through (2 years of symptoms) and can't imagine having to face a camera every day.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
(edited)
On 6/21/2023 at 4:15 AM, Kemper said:

This was excellent Kemper!  I am 10+ years younger than Mika fwiw.  I am of two minds of this. Yes she's like Arianna Huffington "hey everyone, SLEEP!" like...we know that would be nice?  But on the other hand I do admire Mika for throwing herself out there and talking about stuff like ED, her hair falling out bothering her, and menopause.  I don't know if she's one of those people who simply can't help themselves from spilling it all, but regardless she has probably been a voice for lots of women.  Yes, I said it!  She tends to be a day late and a dollar short, she's a little tone deaf, but she consistently throws herself under the bus and takes one for the team 🤷‍♀️  So in the end and after 15 years, I'll have to say go for it it Mika and thank you. 

31 minutes ago, jenkait said:

ETA: I am completely puzzled at why she would pack up a house on her own. Does she want to have a heart attack?  Good grief I'd never do that, I'm a decade younger than her and I just work for the provincial government.  But I bet this is her own mother's toughness working through Mika here 😢

Edited by jenkait
  • Like 1
(edited)

Good grief - can you imagine small children seeing this commercial and thinking Dad has an actual carrot dangling down there? Kind of like the old Joan Rivers joke about any girl/woman’s First Time: she shrieks “you don’t look like Ken”…😁 This was decades ago - when she used to be on The Tonight Show.  Ken and Barbie were The Bomb.

Edited by Kemper
  • LOL 3

I thought her hair fell out because she used one of those hair dryer brushes which work as long as you keep moving them, but when you have thinner hair, and it's been bleached like crazy, you're asking for trouble holding heat on them to dry it. 

(She mentioned on IG that the "yellow brush dryer, aka as DryBar) was to blame.  It didn't Fall out, per se, it broke off from the heat. 

Mika should try Maca Root supplements. I started taking it when I was going thru menopause. It was a life saver. It adjusts your hormone levels back to normal.

I went from being a sweaty zombie to back to normal. No hormone replacement, just a supplement you can buy anywhere.  It's a Peruvian root vegetable that people have been taking forever. 

Was Mika moving furniture or just packing clothes and bedding into a van to go to Maine. She has a staff helping her, I'm sure if she said "by myself" she means she was telling everyone what to do "by herself". 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

The part of the article that confirmed to me how out of touch she is with the average working woman (paraphrasing): “I’m 56. In my 30s and 40s I never thought I’d be working at this age.” Really? At 56?!? Because almost every woman I  know just assumes they’ll be working into their 60s and 70s due to the rising cost of healthcare, property taxes, inflation, etc. 

Edited by Newsreader
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Newsreader said:

“I’m 56. In my 30s and 40s I never thought I’d be working at this age.” Really? At 56?!?

The irony of all this! Now she's the "champion" of the 50 over 50 gang...most of whom probably never gave one thought about age ending their careers...to make no mention of her 90 plus aged mother who was creating her tree art til the end.

• Like 4

I like Sam Stein but I'm super distracted by how wrinkled his suit is, good god.

Did he sleep in Lemire's 30 Rock Hammock

also, speaking of insanely distracting things, are they ever gonna give Mika a chair again?

Joe has a chair, why can't Mika have a chair? aaaaah

well at least Jen Palmieri is here, to make things interesting

1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Why do you think Mika is standing? I can see she is sitting by the way her jacket (today) fits at her waist 

Right now, at around 9:18am as they interview someone about something called "Command Z," she's definitely standing.  She just shuffled her feet and moved to the side.
She knows the value of new Keds, but soon there will be articles with pictures from the hospital as she bemoans fallen arches and back pain from standing at work.  She goes the distance for her craft.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
33 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

I can't tell what to make of her gray blazer and cornflower gingham shirt. 

OMG! I was going to mention this very thing! All I could imagine was her thinking "oh, here's an attractive, seasonally appropriate, pastel shirt I haven't worn in ages because I stopped caring about my appearance. I think I'll wear it today." <glances at Joe in his suit coat>"Lemme just slip on this ill-fitting, frumpy, mannish jacket to show my value." Ugh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, tres bien said:

Why do you think Mika is standing? I can see she is sitting by the way her jacket (today) fits at her waist 

I think she's on a stool and it may be higher since she's shorter than Joe and they have them arranged so that she is almost equal to his height when they sit?  Maybe she stands sometimes just to stretch her legs. Sitting for 4 hours is a pain. (But not nearly as painful as watching them for 4 hours, which is why I turn it off after 5 min). 😁

I'm just glad she took that ridiculous turquoise banana clip out of her hair the other morning. She looked like she threw a jacket from the boat on over her pajamas and put her hair up. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)

The banana clip! Did she go from wearing her hair down to an updo all in one shoe. I thought I was imagining it.

*show” not “shoe”

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

I see the new 50 Over 50 list has been announced. (Curb your enthusiasm.) Many women featured are out of Mika's usual orbit, including a reality show star and a few shopping channel vendors. Her interviews with them should be an interesting challenge for her. Has she started promo'ing it yet or is she still all Trump/all the time?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Has she started promo'ing it yet or is she still all Trump/all the time?

She must have cut a package last week or the week before.  She was on vacation when the show brought on the intern and the guy in the hat talked about the list, and then they rolled Mika's package.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 8/3/2023 at 8:46 AM, plumbago blues said:

I see the new 50 Over 50 list has been announced. (Curb your enthusiasm.) Many women featured are out of Mika's usual orbit, including a reality show star and a few shopping channel vendors. Her interviews with them should be an interesting challenge for her. Has she started promo'ing it yet or is she still all Trump/all the time?

FFS Lisa Vanderpump and that Mally make up lady from QVC?  I like Jamie Lee Curtis but I wouldn't exactly call her a visionary in the field of entertainment. Both her parents were famous actors, she just went into the same field they did.  She wrote some children's books, a lot of people do that, it's not exactly visionary work.  And a Lifetime Achievement Award is usually just the benefit of having great PR company working for you.  Mika picked her because she's hot off of the award season and a guest starring role in The Bear. 

If she wants female visionaries in entertainment, Kathryn Bigelow, Jane Campion, Patty Jenkins, Amy Pascal. 

What is even the purpose of this BS?  You get on the list if you agree to promote Mika's Rich White Lady Seminar Fun Fest and make your employees attend one of them? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

You guys should check out Mika's IG ( you don't have to follow her to look at first page of photos). She has either had a ton of work done, again, or finally figured out how to Kardashian the hell out of her face with the filters.

She also wears a full face of make up while jogging in the morning.

So much for not caring about getting older, huh Meeks? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

You guys should check out Mika's IG ( you don't have to follow her to look at first page of photos). She has either had a ton of work done, again, or finally figured out how to Kardashian the hell out of her face with the filters.

She also wears a full face of make up while jogging in the morning.

So much for not caring about getting older, huh Meeks? 

Wait.  Mika has a Maine cat (apparently not allowed to use it's proper name)  ❤️ I have a new respect for her 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 1

Is her instagram tone deaf?  I'm not sure.  I don't think it's an innocent slice of life candid snaps of here's me just doin' my thing.  I think it's a thirst trap for privileged preppy moms where Mika shows off all the nice things she has and does.  "look at me.  don't you love my outfit on this vintage teak boat in the Maine mist?  Does it make me look aristocratic?  Did someone say I'm aristocratic?  oh fiddlesticks, I guess I am." 
I'd say it undermines her credibility as a political pundit.  Getting in yer two weeks in Maine on a fabulous oh-so-perfect private estate as you moan about injustice?  Hard to be a partisan pundit when you're also documenting your vast wealth and exorbitant purchases, enjoying a life of leisure that virtually nobody on Earth can experience similarly.
She doesn't have to wear sack cloth, but she also doesn't have to paint herself as some classic heroine who sits atop our class structure and hosts the Algonquin Round Table every morning.
I'm jealous, yeah.  But still, imagine if the Rev took two months off while photographing himself in an opulent Parisian apartment?  "Lawd.  Howma gonna eat this mountain of snails?  I guess i gonna have to wash it down with this magnum of champagne. I hope I don't get any garlic aioli on my Cartier cufflinks."  It'd immediately erode all his bona fides.

Also, if Meeks can take two months off work spendin gthe millions you pay her to take two months off work... what the fuck are we doing here?  I don't tune in for her celebrity nor her gravitas.  I'm curious about her hair day to day, her shawls, and outfits that accentuate her bosom.  That may not be worth $7M a year in salary.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'll never feel bad for Mika and I don't care it she clueless about her value (whatever the hell that is).

There would be no Mika if not for Joe. I would happily take her paycheck in return for putting up with her role on MJ. Minus the being married to Joe. But that's part of the deal she's made

Edited by tres bien
  • Applause 3
On 8/12/2023 at 11:04 AM, Lowcountry snark said:

Is her instagram tone deaf?  I'm not sure.  I don't think it's an innocent slice of life candid snaps of here's me just doin' my thing.  I think it's a thirst trap for privileged preppy moms where Mika shows off all the nice things she has and does.  "look at me.  don't you love my outfit on this vintage teak boat in the Maine mist?  Does it make me look aristocratic?  Did someone say I'm aristocratic?  oh fiddlesticks, I guess I am." 
I'd say it undermines her credibility as a political pundit.  Getting in yer two weeks in Maine on a fabulous oh-so-perfect private estate as you moan about injustice?  Hard to be a partisan pundit when you're also documenting your vast wealth and exorbitant purchases, enjoying a life of leisure that virtually nobody on Earth can experience similarly.
She doesn't have to wear sack cloth, but she also doesn't have to paint herself as some classic heroine who sits atop our class structure and hosts the Algonquin Round Table every morning.
I'm jealous, yeah.  But still, imagine if the Rev took two months off while photographing himself in an opulent Parisian apartment?  "Lawd.  Howma gonna eat this mountain of snails?  I guess i gonna have to wash it down with this magnum of champagne. I hope I don't get any garlic aioli on my Cartier cufflinks."  It'd immediately erode all his bona fides.

Also, if Meeks can take two months off work spendin gthe millions you pay her to take two months off work... what the fuck are we doing here?  I don't tune in for her celebrity nor her gravitas.  I'm curious about her hair day to day, her shawls, and outfits that accentuate her bosom.  That may not be worth $7M a year in salary.

I couldn't believe the latest photo, with Mika in a scarf and sun glasses as if she's Greta Garbo and doesn't want to be recognized.  Get over yourself. 

How many houses do they own? Florida, I'm assuming they still have a place in NYC, Maine.  Must be nice. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Can someone tell me what's the deal with Mika & Joe?  For some time now they don't appear to be in the same location. (That's when they show up at all and aren't taking time off.)  Both have different set backgrounds and are clearly at different locations.  Are they having a tiff or what? 

• Like 2