Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

I cannot completely quit; the wit, intelligence and snarkiness keep me checking in here. So I tune in for snippets to see what they are discussing.  If you discount Red Sox, soccer, Branding, Women Over Fifty, KYV, When I Was In Congress, sycophantic guests, male clubhouse-iness, Meeka’s vacuousness and entitlement…there is really not much else to watch. It takes so little time! 
Plumbago…stay with us. You and Oakville keep things in proper perspective.

Edited by Kemper
Spelling error
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Kemper said:

So I tune in for snippets to see what they are discussing.  If you discount Red Sox, soccer, Branding, Women Over Fifty, KYV, When I Was In Congress, sycophantic guests, male clubhouse-iness, Meeka’s vacuousness and entitlement…there is really not much else to watch. It takes so little time! 

I get this 100%...I'll continue to monitor this shit show from the sidelines and follow along with you guys. I just can't bear to click on MSNBC and give them (more) false hope that they are "winning" under this current format. When the tide finally changes and they are either gone altogether or show up at the table, ideally in a studio, in one camera shot, and Mika is attired professionally, preferably in a flattering pastel combo, with color on her face, and Joe is wearing proper, seasonably appropriate and well fitting clothing, both befitting the outrageous salaries they pull in, when Mika shows some evidence of running through her script before the show and provides some proof of knowledge of the topic of conversation she is "leading", and when Joe realizes he's never the smartest person in the room and that guests are invited on to the show to be heard rather than talked over...I'll tune in. Oh, and when the show's length is reduced by at least an hour. Oh, again: when the guest list is revamped and the current band of regular boot-lickers have been shown the door. Heavy lift, I realize.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I hesitate to post this because it is extremely catty and petty.   I had a morning FaceTime coffee/tea and bagel today with my best friend.  She is not political and has never seen Morning Joe; I had been her houseguest last week.  As I was sipping my tea I saw Meeka interviewing - who was it? - someone from the Pentagon.  I don't think it was the Secretary of Defense.  Anyway.  Meeka was wearing a familiar blouse...small flowers on it.  I have the same blouse! (a bit of a splurge)  So I asked BF to put MJ on and check out the blouse.  BF said it is a nice blouse...but it fit me better!  Meeka has a habit of wearing loose (baggy) tops a good bit of the time.  Saucer of cream awaits.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I hesitate to post this because it is extremely catty and petty.   I had a morning FaceTime coffee/tea and bagel today with my best friend.  She is not political and has never seen Morning Joe; I had been her houseguest last week.  As I was sipping my tea I saw Meeka interviewing - who was it? - someone from the Pentagon.  I don't think it was the Secretary of Defense.  Anyway.  Meeka was wearing a familiar blouse...small flowers on it.  I have the same blouse! (a bit of a splurge)  So I asked BF to put MJ on and check out the blouse.  BF said it is a nice blouse...but it fit me better!  Meeka has a habit of wearing loose (baggy) tops a good bit of the time.  Saucer of cream awaits.

Despite my previously vowing to stay away from 9/11 coverage this weekend, I'm watching and I dont think they're doing a bad job today (and Willie totally made me cry) but it seems Mika & Willie are doing most of the work.

But I was very curious about the blouse choice today, considering Mika usually choosing to go dark. I know some folks will wear a color of meaning instead of black and Mika isn't attending a funeral service, it just seemed an odd pick today.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Despite my previously vowing to stay away from 9/11 coverage this weekend, I'm watching and I dont think they're doing a bad job today (and Willie totally made me cry) but it seems Mika & Willie are doing most of the work.

But I was very curious about the blouse choice today, considering Mika usually choosing to go dark. I know some folks will wear a color of meaning instead of black and Mika isn't attending a funeral service, it just seemed an odd pick today.

I know what you mean...I have been trying to stay away from a lot of the coverage.  But that interview with the Pentagon Guy (sorry, I missed the first part of the interview so missed his name - but I feel that I should know it) was excellent.  Yes, the blouse choice was odd - maybe she was going sailing or on a picnic after.  Lapping from my second saucer of cream.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

I know what you mean...I have been trying to stay away from a lot of the coverage.  But that interview with the Pentagon Guy (sorry, I missed the first part of the interview so missed his name - but I feel that I should know it) was excellent.  Yes, the blouse choice was odd - maybe she was going sailing or on a picnic after.  Lapping from my second saucer of cream.

I have a niece, a dear girl, but she is a seasonal savant.  She pulls out wool to wear in the summer, and cotton sundresses in winter.  Mika wears black every damn day, but on such a somber occasion she decides to go with a springtime top? 

• Love 3

You know, from what I read here, she posts a lot of pics on Instagram? And always seems to be living her best life (outside of the show). And good for her. I am also in the minority of people who like her short hair/bob.  It is refreshing to see a woman on tv who does not have the long, flowing locks.  I am looking at you, ESPN.

What I don’t get is why so many celebrities and people in the news put much of their lives into the public domain.  It invites snark and criticism; and many of these people are thin-skinned.  She does such a terrible job at her actual job, is a perpetual scold and Debbie Downer; but apparently when the cameras are off (other than her own camera) she is happy as a clam.  Or so she would have everyone believe. 😼

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

You know, from what I read here, she posts a lot of pics on Instagram? And always seems to be living her best life (outside of the show). And good for her. I am also in the minority of people who like her short hair/bob.  It is refreshing to see a woman on tv who does not have the long, flowing locks.  I am looking at you, ESPN.

What I don’t get is why so many celebrities and people in the news put much of their lives into the public domain.  It invites snark and criticism; and many of these people are thin-skinned.  She does such a terrible job at her actual job, is a perpetual scold and Debbie Downer; but apparently when the cameras are off (other than her own camera) she is happy as a clam.  Or so she would have everyone believe. 😼

Granted I'm an old but I am still surprised by what people expose on sm. I know they're probably required to engage to some degree and it's used to gauge popularity. I remember Jim Beaver (popular on sm due to Supernatural but also a terrific writer) quit his accounts due to the toxicity - he returned a few days later, explaining that he was contractually barred from flouncing and he wasnt aware of it. 

On the other hand, I think there are some celebrities who would just curl up and die if they dont have some kind of attention all the time and they're happy to have a free outlet they can use to generate income.

I do appreciate Mika's more traditional style - she doesnt look overdone or like she's trying to be 22. I just dont understand her color choices.

• Love 3
On 9/11/2021 at 7:58 AM, chick binewski said:

I remember Jim Beaver (popular on sm due to Supernatural but also a terrific writer) quit his accounts due to the toxicity - he returned a few days later, explaining that he was contractually barred from flouncing and he wasnt aware of it. 

Years ago, he was very active on the Usenet group alt.obituaries, an unmoderated and yet very civil group.  But Usenet was a different world.  I miss it.

• Love 3

Hmmm. If Mika goes off to Peacock and Joe does a podcast...could the end of MJ as we know it be near? Surely they've proven that their work ethic couldn't possibly sustain a 3 hour show along with this extra curricular fluff. We can only hope.

Edited by plumbago blues
Typo
  • Love 3

I took one for the team and listened to Joe's podcast on my commute!

Actually, there were two episodes about 40 min each, the first one was kinda bad but the second one was much better

First of all, I was cracking up because Joe, I swear to god, named his podcast "The Joe Scarborough Podcast"...that's...that's the name! wtf, who the hell names their podcast "The *insert name* podcast" ?? only Joe. his colleagues: Hell and High Water! Sisters in Law! Bagman! The Oath! even the unimaginative dumbass right-wing dudes at least have names like "the Dan Bongino show". Also it's like five hundred syllables?? I mean he could've at least made it "*something*" - with Joe Scarborough. Outrage! - with Joe Scarborough. Dad Rock! with Joe Scarborough Meltdowns! - with Joe Scarborough etc etc lmao. Bless his heart. 

I like the intro music though.

BUt OMG guys, the first episode

It was Joe, all by himself, being Cicero!Joe, doing his rant from the dr pangloss school of foreign policy about how everything will be a-okay, which is a valid perspective but within 3 minutes he was *yelling* and I had to turn the volume down so as to avoid auditory injury

then I put him on 2x speed, and actually Joe on 2x is so much better! Chipmunk!Joe gets to his point so much faster, it's not like on the tee-vee where his viewers arrive at the end of his thought process 5 minutes before he does

then, and I'm not making this up, he used his Used Car Salesman voice to read out a cereal commercial, at which point i had to turn it off so as not to terrify fellow commuters with hysterical laughter, omg

I skipped ahead to the second episode, and tbh it was so much better. David Byrne was on and they had a relaxed friendly conversation about music. i mean I don't really think i'm the target demographic for this thing, but it was nice, he (David) had some interesting insights about how his Asperger's affects his process, performance choices etc. idk exactly what Joe is going for but he's so much better at that kind of thing than the yelling imo, and he does actually come across as genuinely interested in & knowledgeable about music...

Then Mika came on and told an awesome story about her mom cooking and her friend going into their bathroom and finding it freezing, with all windows open, and the bathtub filled with blood and a dead deer, like a scene from a Japanese Horror Movie. WHAT. mika's mom sounds crazy, I love her so much. that was honestly the best part. 

Also someone needs to explain to Joe that one of the points of having a second platform is to draw new audiences to your first one, lol. he's gotta introduce himself, explain who he is, explain to the people who Mika is and why she's in his house, oh and tell teh people he also has a show on the tee-vee! Because some people will end up there by doing a search for whatever musician he's talking to and tbh Joe is just not as famous as he thinks he is. 

I wish the 2x speed thingy was a function in real life

• Love 4

Actually, I can see Joe having a decent podcast if he could focus on musical guests, interesting people…they do not have to be famous, sports (not just Red Sox and soccer). Throw some politics in. I don’t know if he is capable of that.

Meeka…I will take a hard pass. Also that mother of hers…do not want to hear about her quirks; or anything about her, actually.

I do think both of them are tired of the grind. I kid. Sadly, neither wants to give up the money or the platform. 

• Love 1

Bizarre AF
https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/i-spent-three-weeks-alone-my-89-year-old-mom-ncna1279446
1.  She writes like a 16 year old.  Her prose and process is embarrassing.  (The bullet points at the end of the article are instructive though, but plainly from a pamphlet her Dr provided)
2. So she took 3 weeks off to take care of Bamba who is extremely ill... but makes NO MENTION OF IT ON THE SHOW.  The mind, it boggles.  No KYV for elder care, no KYV for Parkinsons/Alzheimers, no doctors to talk about this, no health care discussions, no policy discussions, NOTHING.  
It's sad that her mom is in this position, and the pictures in the article are sweet, as is Mika's affection for her... but I don't get it.  Why an article that probably hundreds of people read, and not regular pieces on the show that millions of people would see?  Why not take a camera tech with her for those 3 weeks and turn it into a package?  
I'm being overly cynical but I don't get how she avoids productive work output with ninja-like skills.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, neona said:

First of all, I was cracking up because Joe, I swear to god, named his podcast "The Joe Scarborough Podcast"...that's...that's the name! wtf, who the hell names their podcast "The *insert name* podcast" ?? only Joe. his colleagues: Hell and High Water! Sisters in Law! Bagman! The Oath! even the unimaginative dumbass right-wing dudes at least have names like "the Dan Bongino show". Also it's like five hundred syllables?? I mean he could've at least made it "*something*" - with Joe Scarborough. Outrage! - with Joe Scarborough. Dad Rock! with Joe Scarborough Meltdowns! - with Joe Scarborough etc etc lmao. Bless his heart.

How about The Scarborough Affair? Gets in his music and Mika all at once.

That article! I get what she's saying and I know many of us have been or will be in her shoes. It's not an easy journey, for sure. But I'm just not interested in her story. She's no more special and the situation is no more meaningful than anyone else's. I know that's cynical but so be it. Just another "Look at me" from her. However her statement:

I did host “Morning Joe,” but I didn’t take a primary role. And anything work-related, I did very lightly.

was the most impactful. I'm sure that was easy to write, since this is her M.O. ALL the time! Finally telling the truth. And, as the podcast shows, Joe has joined her with the "light work" philosophy. More like "Work? What work?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought the two photos in the article were really poignant side-by-side on twitter, although Mrs B ca 1970(?) had much better taste in hats than Mika.

I know and kinda understand why there are different opinions about Mika, and that's totally fair, but since she's an elderly lady who is maybe having a tough time right now,  I just wanna take a moment and speak up for Mrs B, who, independently of all the drama, and all of her family members, including Mika and Dr B and the lil B's, is the actual real deal imo, in terms of actual talent.

Just going off google and the stuff they've shown on MJ (I wanted to buy her book but it was too expensive 😭), her stuff basically ranges from smaller Brancusi-style pieces, to giant Giacometti figures on crucifixes, to these wholly intuitive, original large scale sculptures where you can tell she's basically communing with the wood and following natural lines and the results are so damn intuitive and powerful and impressive. And I mean, concentrating and following your intuition is a hell of a feat if it's f-ing noisy and you've got sawdust in your eyes and basically a deadly weapon in your hands... idk, she's a 90-year-old lady and I just think she deserves praise outside of the people she's related to. Also she sounds badass and crazy AF, and I'm here for it

• Love 3

Just read that Mika is getting her own show on Peacock + called Morning Mika.  Between Joe and his podcast and Mika and her new show, when will they have time for Morning Joe?  The show's been bad for quite a while and half the time they're not there, so this should be a trainwreck.  I don't think they have it in them to do both.

• Love 4
On 9/18/2021 at 9:57 AM, Lowcountry snark said:

Bizarre AF
https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/i-spent-three-weeks-alone-my-89-year-old-mom-ncna1279446
1.  She writes like a 16 year old.  Her prose and process is embarrassing.  (The bullet points at the end of the article are instructive though, but plainly from a pamphlet her Dr provided)
2. So she took 3 weeks off to take care of Bamba who is extremely ill... but makes NO MENTION OF IT ON THE SHOW.  The mind, it boggles.  No KYV for elder care, no KYV for Parkinsons/Alzheimers, no doctors to talk about this, no health care discussions, no policy discussions, NOTHING.  
It's sad that her mom is in this position, and the pictures in the article are sweet, as is Mika's affection for her... but I don't get it.  Why an article that probably hundreds of people read, and not regular pieces on the show that millions of people would see?  Why not take a camera tech with her for those 3 weeks and turn it into a package?  
I'm being overly cynical but I don't get how she avoids productive work output with ninja-like skills.

It's sad but Mika is experiencing the hardships that most caretakers of ailing elderly parents endure: the ordeal of transporting Mom from Florida to the expensive family summer home in coastal Maine ... the struggle to coax Mom out from in front of the sprawling stone fireplace and down to the boat dock for a photo shoot on the family pleasure craft ... the challenges of helping Mom arrange a big art opening near the Lincoln Center ...  serving Mom the world's biggest lobster ... These are the kind of daily trials that every caretaker knows all too well. 

It drives me crazy when wealthy celebrities feel compelled to tell the rest of us how they cope with life's problems when their lives bear little resemblance to those of most human beings, and they do it utterly tone-deaf to their own privilege.  I'm sure her KYV piece warmed the cockles of all those who have had to leave jobs or put careers on hold to take care of infirm parents.  Or those who are working just to make enough money to pay for live-in care for their parents, or to help keep them in assisted living and out of nursing homes.  Perhaps Mika would recommend that they build mini TV studios in their homes.  Oh, and be good listeners.

But what do I know?  I'm sure Gwyneth Paltrow appreciated the piece.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11

I read somewhere yesterday that Joe Biden was furious early in his presidency from having to listen to "morning punditry show, Morning Joe" constantly talk about former president trump.  It was a story about how Trump left childish shit all throughout the White House, like an indoor driving range, and how Biden refers to him as a "fucking asshole."

But shit like that where journos and politicians refer to Morning Joe as the punditry show of record is what saddles us with mediocrity.  They don't need to improve the show or pay attention or invest more... because they've made it.  They're in.  They can breeze in and breeze out and do the barest minimum, it doesn't matter.  The President thinks the show is must-watch.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

They can breeze in and breeze out and do the barest minimum, it doesn't matter. 

Had to steal this line as an intro, having just come from Mika's Instagram. Mika dancing to Stayin' Alive is something you can't unsee. She sure loves herself and her fabulousness. Apparently the "pod", as she calls it on Twitter, takes precedence over any other "job" these two have. She didn't mention why she was in DC but she took 6 pictures of the whole scene. I imagine there's a KYV interviewee lurking somewhere in the WH: we all need another shallow sophomoric story, don't we?

• Love 3

Okay, I'll bite...what is a "pod" .... her house? Her friends? Social Life? Joe? Gosh, that is a sure way to be taken as a newsperson or journalist seriously.  I do kind of envy how she is able to live her best life during all of this. (I am not saying she doesn't have struggles like anyone else; it is just the constant need for validation that queasies me)

Most of us could give seminars on how to shop for groceries during a pandemic; take care of loved ones who are ill during a pandemic; handle household repairs during a pandemic; juggle kids, parents and jobs, schooling kids from home during a pandemic.  All without outside help or old family money.  Hold the 'Nars on Zoom! If Martha Stewart or Katie Couric has not already started this...let's go! 

• Love 2

(Actually, she may be dancing to I Should be Dancing...I can't get the sound to work on her IG...the music is superfluous...watching that serious woman of value act like a teen is enough.)

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Okay, I'll bite...what is a "pod" .... her house? Her friends? Social Life? Joe? Gosh, that is a sure way to be taken as a newsperson or journalist seriously.

According to her Twitter: "Ommmg JOE's pod with Barry__I am all in!!!!" Pod is the podcast, according to the cool cats. 

• Love 2

I guess I was associating “pod” with schools/classroom arrangements. Or peas. But it makes sense… short for podcast. I am not current with so much stuff. As Countess Luann said on Real Housewives of New York: “be cool..don’t be all uncool” … she is a sage for the times. Meeka should draft her for KYV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I guess I was associating “pod” with schools/classroom arrangements. Or peas. But it makes sense… short for podcast. I am not current with so much stuff. As Countess Luann said on Real Housewives of New York: “be cool..don’t be all uncool” … she is a sage for the times. Meeka should draft her for KYV.

It would be interesting to see Mika join one of the Housewives shows. I know Joe would love the publicity.

Joe could give musical performances like David Foster did for Yolanda on RHOBH.

• LOL 2

I can understand why Meeka sticks her nose in the air and sighs when they drift into sports talk. Sometimes. The Red Sox/Yankees talk is too too much. I am starting to loathe Jonathan Lemire.  I usually welcome some sports talk; it is a nice break from politics.

Strangely, I was wondering if they would mention The Ryder Cup - and then Meeka brought it up! And they talked over her! She tried again; they kept talking over her! Red Sox! I am not a golf fan usually - but Ryder Cup this year was kind of wild at times; and USA won. It is a kind of fun story that just about anyone could enjoy for a few minutes. And again.  Meeka brought it up!! For once I don’t blame her for just letting it go and going on to something else. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

I can understand why Meeka sticks her nose in the air and sighs when they drift into sports talk. Sometimes. The Red Sox/Yankees talk is too too much. I am starting to loathe Jonathan Lemire.  I usually welcome some sports talk; it is a nice break from politics.

I think it would make more sense if they were branding and selling MJ as an alternative to general interest morning shows like GMA or Today, or even a news program like CNN runs.  Then they could yammer about anything they want.  They could even invite Martha Stewart to bake a cake with Mika.  But they claim to be a political show, so baseball should basically be OT unless a political issue crops up, like the NFL and Colin Kaepernick. 

• Love 4

I was watching a random video and an ad for MSNBC popped up. About equality. I couldn't resist copying the synopsis:

EQUALITY

Get the latest news on gender and race equality from Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell, Chris Hayes, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Joe Scarborough.

First off, I kind of take issue with the idea that there could be "latest" news on these age old problems...but I guess it could happen. What is really somewhat unbelievable is that they include Joe as some type of spokesman for these issues, especially gender equality. It's laughable to think that Joe would be included, while he swats back his wife everyday and walks all over her in front of his viewers. And no mention of their Gender-Value Queen, Mika! Surprised they left her off the list. Guess KYV isn't as important to MSNBC as she thinks it is. Such hypocrisy on all fronts.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Get the latest news on gender and race equality from Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell, Chris Hayes, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Joe Scarborough.

I'm more appalled at that name.  I thought he was gone???

And nothing says gender and race equality like four white guys, one black guy, and one woman, eh?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I was watching a random video and an ad for MSNBC popped up. About equality. I couldn't resist copying the synopsis:

EQUALITY

First off, I kind of take issue with the idea that there could be "latest" news on these age old problems...but I guess it could happen. What is really somewhat unbelievable is that they include Joe as some type of spokesman for these issues, especially gender equality. It's laughable to think that Joe would be included, while he swats back his wife everyday and walks all over her in front of his viewers. And no mention of their Gender-Value Queen, Mika! Surprised they left her off the list. Guess KYV isn't as important to MSNBC as she thinks it is. Such hypocrisy on all fronts.

Joe has frequently mentioned that he attended desegregated schools when he grew up in Georgia.

Joe was also friendly  with several members of the Congressional Black Caucus & believed that he could lead them if the optics were better.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

I'm more appalled at that name.  I thought he was gone???

Wow. I missed that one and you are right! Who edits these things at the network? Goes to show that all these "mission statement" things are just labels to stay on trend...they're copying and pasting and apparently have no interest in accuracy nor depth and no one ever looks back on these to see if the material is still relevant. What a slight to all those not mentioned. Not impressed with the new leadership.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

EQUALITY

I'm laughing so hard. Is this real? Gender and race equality! From a list of wholesome white dudes, except one woman and one black guy, so that makes it legit! Yikes 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Gender-wise, they're pretty diverse.  From 5am to 12pm we have:
5 White man
6-9 Beavis and Butthead
9-10 Steph
10-11 Chris Jansing, but their schedule says José Díaz-Balart
11-12 Hallie typically, kind of split with Craig Melvin
12-1pm Andrea Mitchell
1-2 Chuck
2-3 Katie
3-4 Hallie
4-6 Nicolle - two hours
6-7 Ari
7-8 Joy Reid
8-9 Chris Hayes
9-10 Rachel
10-11 Larry
11-12 Brian Williams
16 shows.  8 guys, if Jose and Craig work.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

5 White man
6-9 Beavis and Butthead
9-10 Steph
10-11 Chris Jansing, but their schedule says José Díaz-Balart
11-12 Hallie typically, kind of split with Craig Melvin
12-1pm Andrea Mitchell
1-2 Chuck
2-3 Katie
3-4 Hallie
4-6 Nicolle - two hours
6-7 Ari
7-8 Joy Reid
8-9 Chris Hayes
9-10 Rachel
10-11 Larry
11-12 Brian Williams
16 shows.  8 guys, if Jose and Craig work.

yeah, you're right. It isn't actually that bad

But it's still kinda depressing if they got rid of Kasie and replaced her with...Lemire? That does seem like a step back imo.

if it's true MSNBC couldn't afford to pay Kasie $1 million but at the same time are paying Joe like...eight?? I don't understand a universe in which one Joe is worth eight Kasie's, it literally blows my mind. Unlike him, she was always present, always prepared, no weirdo diva behavior ever...idk I just don't get how people are valued so differently for unknown reasons and because it's so irrational, it's hard to believe that gender isn't a part of that equation...just being honest...ymmv

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

That's very true but it's sad that it takes a dogged Prime Timer sleuth to point that out. I'd think that their "Equality" platform tagline would highlight the real diversity. Shows me that since Equality is the new hot topic, they felt compelled to address it but sure didn't put much thought into it. (Oh, and Beavis and Butthead! I crack up every time I see them compared to pictures of JoMika...hilarious side by side.)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, neona2 said:

yeah, you're right. It isn't actually that bad

But it's still kinda depressing if they got rid of Kasie and replaced her with...Lemire? That does seem like a step back imo.

if it's true MSNBC couldn't afford to pay Kasie $1 million but at the same time are paying Joe like...eight?? I don't understand a universe in which one Joe is worth eight Kasie's, it literally blows my mind. Unlike him, she was always present, always prepared, no weirdo diva behavior ever...idk I just don't get how people are valued so differently for unknown reasons and because it's so irrational, it's hard to believe that gender isn't a part of that equation...just being honest...ymmv

Joe is paid $8million per year for many reasons.

Joe is the only MSNBC host that served in Congress.

During Joe's time in Congress, he was instrumental in bringing peace to Yugoslavia, building the information superhighway, balancing the budget & leading the impeachment process against President Clinton. Joe's support for Governor George W Bush was critical in him winning the Presidency.

I am watching the show Impeachment : American Crime story & can't wait to see which Emmy award winning actor is cast as Joe.

• LOL 2

Question:  I have seen pictures of other hosts doing prep work for their shows.  Like they are really involved with the information that is shown.  Do you think Joe and Mika do this or do they just roll in and start? What is really involved in hosting a show? 

I have noticed that Joe will do a rant and then a guest will say something using a phrase that he didn't use.  He then picks it up and continues to use it like it was his idea.  Its almost like he is trolling for ideas as the show goes on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

I have noticed that Joe will do a rant and then a guest will say something using a phrase that he didn't use.  He then picks it up and continues to use it like it was his idea.  Its almost like he is trolling for ideas as the show goes on.

I think that at this point in time, the guests (especially Katty Kay, Jonathan LeMire) do most of the heavy lifting.  They ask the most pertinent questions of the day's on-air interviewees; sometimes it seems that they handle most of the interviews.  So yeah, at this point both Joe and Meeka are grifters/guests on their own show.  I don't know why no one at the network has ever noticed this.  And that anyone who has the 6-9 timeslot will almost always beat CNN and always lose to Fox.  Anyone maybe except Chris Matthews. Yet Joe rules.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, jacourt said:

Question:  I have seen pictures of other hosts doing prep work for their shows.  Like they are really involved with the information that is shown.  Do you think Joe and Mika do this or do they just roll in and start? What is really involved in hosting a show? 

Years ago their collection of glam shots shown before commercials included pictures of Mika looking at newspapers and her phone with a determinedly studious demeanor (there was one of her in the hair and makeup chair holding the paper up while getting her face done) and perhaps Joe had some too, but probably not, since he comes by his vast knowledge of everything naturally. A far cry from today...now we see Mika scribbling love notes and shopping lists and texting her fan girls (maybe). I actually hope they aren't doing prep because if they are, it's a total waste of time since there is no reflection of such on the actual show.

• Love 2