Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, arejay said:

Cynical me says, "Oh, look. Proof that women really can have it all, just not at the same time". Adorable? I think not.

She was on Stephanie Ruhle's show after the incident and it sounded like she just had a bad parenting day. 

Her childcare system wasn't available, she had transportation problems, preschool wasn't in session. 

Her problems aren't that unusual. And even though they are on TV, a large portion of on air personalities aren't rich. They are just like us.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

It was either Lack or Griffin. Probably Griffin, doesn't he run MSNBC? Lack is NBC News. 

Don't Lack & Griffin report to Joe on an informal basis ?

Joe's opinions are highly sought after.

The Atlanta Braves & LA Dodgers have both requested meetings with Joe to get his thoughts on how to avoid losing baseball games.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Mika's "frenemy" Linda Vester, (Brokaw's accuser), addresses Lauer's latest. I haven't watched for a couple days, have Joe & Mika said anything about Matt or Andy Lack, or Noah Oppenheim (NBC News President)?  I mean, they do cover the "news" don't they? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tom-brokaws-accuser-tears-apart-that-insane-matt-lauer-letter-on-nbc-metoo-scandal?ref=home

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Mika's "frenemy" Linda Vester, (Brokaw's accuser), addresses Lauer's latest. I haven't watched for a couple days, have Joe & Mika said anything about Matt or Andy Lack, or Noah Oppenheim (NBC News President)?  I mean, they do cover the "news" don't they? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tom-brokaws-accuser-tears-apart-that-insane-matt-lauer-letter-on-nbc-metoo-scandal?ref=home

No, Mika has not commented on Linda Vester or Matt Lauer. Lester Holt has covered the Matt Lauer issue on the Nightly News.

I recall that when they had to announce Mark Halperin's termination, Joe & Barnicle refused to make any comment on the show. They forced Mika to read the story off the teleprompter.

Mika called Halperin a friend.

31 minutes ago, oakville said:

No, Mika has not commented on Linda Vester or Matt Lauer. Lester Holt has covered the Matt Lauer issue on the Nightly News.

I recall that when they had to announce Mark Halperin's termination, Joe & Barnicle refused to make any comment on the show. They forced Mika to read the story off the teleprompter.

Mika called Halperin a friend.

Joe must be shitting his pants over the Andy Lack stuff. If he's fired, Joe's little scam is O V E R. 

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, suomi said:

No Shit?!!! Another perv bites the dust?! Andy and Squinty Eyes are thisclose and have been for years. We've always wondered what they have on Andy!!! This is BIG. Maybe this is why Joe looks so bad this morning. I was going to say something about it but didn't because well, you know, I can't spend ALL my time bitching about everyone. 

Oh good grief it's about time this came to the surface.  Matt Lauer was the tip of the iceberg and shame on NBC.  It shouldn't take long to get to Squinty as with his always pleasant on air personality it isn't a great leap to realize there are more than a few handful of interns/up and coming news women that didn't quite KYV at that point.

• Love 1

Hopefully, NBC/MSNBC news is headed to a reckoning based on this review of Ronan Farrow's new book Catch and Kill.

Before he lost his job for a habit of propositioning, groping, and rubbing his penis against female colleagues, NBC employed Mark Halperin, who on Morning Joe in 2016 dismissed New York Times reporting on Trump’s unwelcome advances toward and groping of women, telling America that “there’s nothing illegal, there’s nothing even kind of beyond boorish or politically incorrect, which is built into the Donald Trump brand. So if that’s the best they have … Trump can celebrate this story politically.”

Trump is president now. And while Lauer and Halperin may be gone, the network that paid and protected them to the last is intact. 

I don't think that Joe and Mika protected Halperin, Brokaw and others, but they were vocal public advocates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did Joe or Mika (or anyone) discuss the video that was shown at a recent pro-Trump event at one of Trump's resorts? https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/13/violence-against-journalists-trump-event-046541

Politico described it as follows:

The footage seems to have been converted for political use from a 2014 movie, “Kingsman: The Secret Service.” The parallel scene in that movie depicts a massacre inside a church in Kentucky triggered by an evil tycoon portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson. 

In the version shown at the Trump event, Trump's face is superimposed on the shooter and the people he kills include members of the media and various politicians. One of the media people is Mika.

42 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Did Joe or Mika (or anyone) discuss the video that was shown at a recent pro-Trump event at one of Trump's resorts? https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/13/violence-against-journalists-trump-event-046541

Politico described it as follows:

The footage seems to have been converted for political use from a 2014 movie, “Kingsman: The Secret Service.” The parallel scene in that movie depicts a massacre inside a church in Kentucky triggered by an evil tycoon portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson. 

In the version shown at the Trump event, Trump's face is superimposed on the shooter and the people he kills include members of the media and various politicians. One of the media people is Mika.

They didn’t mention it. They probably wanted to avoid giving it any more publicity. 

3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in this morning at 7:00; Joe was shouting and pontificating so badly (Jonathan LeMire was on with him) that I had to turn it off and go to my local news station.  Tuned back around 7:30 and Meeka was reading something off the teleprompter...badly.  Back to local news. Is LeMire going to be a regular like Barnicle and Willie?  Because he sure seems to be on a lot.

He does seem to be a regular now.  They needed someone to replace Halperin and Harold Ford Jr.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

One of the media people is Mika.

I only watched it once but I believe Joe shows up about 15 seconds later wearing a tan windbreaker/suede type jacket?  Who cares, the whole thing is gross.

I can take a lot but that video was completely vile.  It frightens me that people found it entertaining.  I didn't enjoy it in the actual movie version but this was much worse.  Good God.

• Love 4

Lord, I cannot stand Joe this morning; and Meeka reeks of her sexy-school-marm schtick.  They are more insufferable than usual, thanks to the Nationals win last night.  Sadly, they are spoiling the win for me.

I want to get back to the "banter" discussion from a day or two ago.  I like friendly banter with a news show, especially a 3-hours long one.  Except just about everyone who sits around that desk reeks of entitlement.  They are the cool kids from high school...suntans from recent vacations, season's tickets to just about any sporting even they want...especially if that sporting event is Cool!  

I hate to be tacky..(come on, let's be...) but Joe's jaw this morning seemed enormous.  Pair that with the beady eyes and you have to wonder what he will look like in 5-10 years.  Robert Mueller is one of the few who can pull off that jaw.  I've seen Mr. Mueller...and Joe, you are not Robert Mueller.  By the way...my coffee group thinks Mueller is sexy; our average is 78-80.  The 101-year-old skews the average.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Advice on how not to become too emotional over politics or anything stressful, from the woman who stood on a public street and yelled at a woman who reported Tom Brokaw sexually harassed her. 

https://thriveglobal.com/stories/mika-brzezinski-mental-health-politics-stress-mindfulness/?utm_content=buffer59aa9&utm_medium=Thrive&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=buffer

"As for how to put mindfulness into practice when political conflict threatens to steal your calm, Brzezinski suggests taking a moment to channel your empathy: “Our mental health is all about letting the guiding principles of grace, love, understanding, and acceptance prevail as we move through these tumultuous times,” she says."

Twitter is having none of this. The comments are pretty brutal.  And they think this forum is tough on her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So she's blaming her inability to articulate clearly on her "emotional mind"? Ha! More like her shallow, vapid mind to me. But, this just in: She and her sycophants at KY Value reviewed fall's best boots/booties for us.

(Why does she still have that pic of Kamala-I-just-sucked-a-lemon-Harris on the KY Twitter profile? Is she endorsing her?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika thinks she's White Oprah. 

And how sad is that?  All that cash that MSNBC is piling into her vanity project (she again had her KYV clipboard on full blast this morning) is mindboggling.

21 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

And how sad is that?  All that cash that MSNBC is piling into her vanity project (she again had her KYV clipboard on full blast this morning) is mindboggling.

I'm really glad I missed that. 

Mika tweeted a photo of the wedding with her announcement about Rep Cummings. 

Joe's tribute to Elijah Cummings:

As it was with John McCain’s passing, Elijah Cummings’s death leaves America with a void. We can only hope that others in his committee and throughout Congress will be moved to action by the example of Baltimore’s most powerful advocate and by the life of a man who provided a spiritual center to a city in desperate need of revival.

Good job, Joe.

• Love 1

I just read a remembrance of Elijah Cummings from Meeka on the NBC.com site; it showed up on my Facebook feed.  There was a pic of the three of them (included Joe) with her in her wedding dress.  I thought that dress was really pretty, by the way.  I didn't read what she wrote but read the comments instead.  They were all really positive - it seems a lot of people like and respect her.  Is is just this thread?    

I will say that I think her fondness and respect for Mr. Cumings is genuine and heartfelt.  But why does her putting the wedding pic out there with the article rub me the wrong way? The handbasket awaits.

I just saw the most bizarre thing on  MSNBC.  I had the TV on in the background, and Hardball was on, with Steve Kornacki hosting. Congressman Emmanuel Cleaver was on to talk about Elijah Cummings.  He is a Democrat, so you would definitely not expected him to say anything critical for political purposes. Anyway, he started out praising Cummings, as expected. Then suddenly he took a bizarre turn. He started saying that he had a problem with Elijah, because Elijah was not an ordained minister, but he did some preaching anyway. Cleaver apparently is an ordained minister, and he called Elijah a “bootleg preacher”. 

He then said the following (slightly paraphrased): “he really made me angry when he did Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski’s wedding (he couldn’t remember Mika’s name until Kornacki reminded him), and that’s when I decided Elijah Cummings has gone too far. He’s taking everything in the ministry from me”

I was, like, WTF. First of all, you don’t have to be an ordained minister to officiate weddings. Secondly, Mika and Joe picked Elijah to marry them because he was a meaningful person to both of them. It’s not like they were looking for some random congressman who happened to be an ordained minister. And even if Cleaver feels this way, today was not the time and place to talk about it.

it is honestly one of the most puzzling interviews I have ever heard. When the camera came back to Kornacki, he had a stunned look on his face. I don’t think he knew what to say. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

As I expected, it was impossible to salute Mr Cummings and all that he accomplished and stood for without a tie-in to them, them, them - while prominently displaying their piety and devotion to 'merican values.

Did Joe's first wedding take place in the National Archives? It did not. How about his second wedding? Nope. His deep and abiding reverence for the foundation of our representative democracy just happened to surface for his third wedding to his adulterous paramour, Beltway Barbie. A work in progress, indeed. 

If the NA wedding photos are not prominently displayed during his next run for elective office, I will eat your shorts. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Kemper said:

I will say that I think her fondness and respect for Mr. Cumings is genuine and heartfelt.  But why does her putting the wedding pic out there with the article rub me the wrong way? The handbasket awaits.

For me, it's because they inserted themselves and their special day into a day that the entire focus should be on Rep. Cummings.  I wouldn't have minded if they had chosen a picture of the three of them sitting out on a patio or maybe going fishing but that picture was just so jarring. It's like now they'll be showing up in the studio because they want to go to National's games which for me is completely disrespectful to the rest of the crew and guests but neither would dawn on them even for a heartbeat.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, cased said:

He then said the following (slightly paraphrased): “he really made me angry when he did Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski’s wedding (he couldn’t remember Mika’s name until Kornacki reminded him), and that’s when I decided Elijah Cummings has gone too far. He’s taking everything in the ministry from me”

Oh is THAT what I saw?  I tuned in just in time to hear him suggest Mika's name and see the stunned look on Kornacki's face.  Poor guy, that must have been rough and completely unexpected.  Yikes.

• Love 2

Regarding Congressman Cleaver last night ... I would have loved to have seen the reaction if Chris Matthews had been hosting; sorry I missed Kornacki's inside-his-head spit take.  

Suomi - your post was everything!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, cased said:

it is honestly one of the most puzzling interviews I have ever heard. When the camera came back to Kornacki, he had a stunned look on his face. I don’t think he knew what to say. 

I came here to post on this.  
Cleaver was kidding.  He apparently had a running joke with Cummings.  "Stay in your lane. I'm the minister you're the attorney, leave some things for me to do."  Cleaver just isn't funny.  You can't deliver that joke so dry, SO dry, that it comes off straight, like it isn't a joke.
The truly hilarious part is he totally forgot Mika's name.  He forgot for about 35 seconds.  But it felt like a half hour, he just stood there and said Joe Scarborough and um, um, um, uh Joe and uh um... what's her name?  ....  Uh  uh uh uh ummmmm...  Her name is...  Uh.  Joe and uh um um um.... 
I was HOWLING in laughter.  God that was funny.  And Steve finally says, "Mika?  You mean Mika Bryzynski?"  and he says YES, HER!  Mika. 
Steve must not have been paying attention because he let this happen for way way too long.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahhahhahahahaha  know your value as an anonymous sidekick, toots.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I came here to post on this.  
Cleaver was kidding.  He apparently had a running joke with Cummings.  "Stay in your lane. I'm the minister you're the attorney, leave some things for me to do."  Cleaver just isn't funny.  You can't deliver that joke so dry, SO dry, that it comes off straight, like it isn't a joke.
The truly hilarious part is he totally forgot Mika's name.  He forgot for about 35 seconds.  But it felt like a half hour, he just stood there and said Joe Scarborough and um, um, um, uh Joe and uh um... what's her name?  ....  Uh  uh uh uh ummmmm...  Her name is...  Uh.  Joe and uh um um um.... 
I was HOWLING in laughter.  God that was funny.  And Steve finally says, "Mika?  You mean Mika Bryzynski?"  and he says YES, HER!  Mika. 
Steve must not have been paying attention because he let this happen for way way too long.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahhahhahahahaha  know your value as an anonymous sidekick, toots.

I was not aware of this backstory, but if he was kidding, it did not come across that way, and I’m pretty sure almost no one realized he was kidding. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, cased said:

I was not aware of this backstory, but if he was kidding, it did not come across that way, and I’m pretty sure almost no one realized he was kidding. 

I thought he was kidding and loved that he totally forgot Mika's name. Steve Kornacki's face was a thing of beauty.

• Love 2

Agree with those who said Rep. Cleaver was kidding that Cummings was elbowing in on his turf and noted that Cummings mother had been an evangelical preacher. Before that he was lovely saying how he’d been reaching out to Rep. Cummings. 

• Love 1
On 10/18/2019 at 8:30 AM, Landsnark said:

My guess is that Steve was perfectly aware of what was happening and was enjoying it too much not to let it play out as long as he could. 

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

My guess is that Steve was perfectly aware of what was happening and was enjoying it too much not to let it play out as long as he could. 

I don’t agree. He looked totally confused. 

• Love 1

It was a joke, albeit a poorly made one. He made the exact same joke on Hallie Jackson's show earlier the same day where, weirdly, he instantly remembered Mika's name before Joe's. I think he's just an old guy who had a long day. 

• Love 2

I see Elijah Cumming will be lying in state on Thursday. 

Bets on Mika setting up a Know Your Value merch table in the entry of the church where the funeral is held? 

Or maybe she can get the choir to wear KYV teeshirts under their robes. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I have to wonder if the network is putting pressure on the women reporters/anchors to glom onto KYV?  After the Ronan Farrow book it would make them look like they are being proactive.  I have always thought that Meeka would be just about the least popular woman with her female contemporaries.  But all the pictures that I've seen show one big happy empowered-women family.  Who knew.

• Love 2

Oh, ain't that rich. Mika inferring she has no idea whatsoever how she got to her station in life because she wasn't an "it" girl. She is literally the personification of privilege. It's not like she was born into a hard-scrabble life -- she was born into a ridiculously wealthy and politically connected family and she could pretty much name whatever she wanted to do and have it handed to her on a silver platter without lifting a finger to do any sort of dirty work to get there. And what's she got to show for it these days? Babysitting her husband at his job, misreading teleprompters, and blurting out monosyllabic words during a 3-hour work shift for which she is only present 15 minutes.

She is just trash.

Jeez, no one is safe from her co-opting their fame. Inserting herself in every female staffer's life has passed it's prime. Plus the hockey twins...OMG...her idolatry of them is so odd to me since she claims to be above sports.One of her KYV gals must know them for them to get so much attention.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, ain't that rich. Mika inferring she has no idea whatsoever how she got to her station in life because she wasn't an "it" girl. She is literally the personification of privilege. It's not like she was born into a hard-scrabble life -- she was born into a ridiculously wealthy and politically connected family and she could pretty much name whatever she wanted to do and have it handed to her on a silver platter without lifting a finger to do any sort of dirty work to get there. And what's she got to show for it these days? Babysitting her husband at his job, misreading teleprompters, and blurting out monosyllabic words during a 3-hour work shift for which she is only present 15 minutes.

She thinks she had a rough life because everything was handed to her, and then when it wasn't she considered that "struggle".

For the rest of us, it's just life. 

• Love 5

Your daily dose of BLECCH!!  I linked the Daily Affirmation with Stewart Smalley from KYV.com below. 

Every time she heard Rep Cummins speak, it made her think she should be a better person.  She never tried to be a better person, but for a second she considered it. 

I guess she decided to be about grace this morning AFTER she screamed at Chris C****. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/monday-motivation-power-grace-ncna1069271

• LOL 4
On 10/21/2019 at 1:58 PM, teddysmom said:

I see Elijah Cumming will be lying in state on Thursday. 

Bets on Mika setting up a Know Your Value merch table in the entry of the church where the funeral is held? 

Or maybe she can get the choir to wear KYV teeshirts under their robes. 

I don't even know what to say to this. So we are now to assume that their entire friendship with the person who officiated their wedding (and who agreed to do so, and couldn't stop talking about it afterwards) was wholly commercial and transactional and that they intend to profit from his death? Seriously?

There are SO many professional deficiencies, including lack of preparation, failure to show up, etc, happening with those two and yet we're going to pre-emptively accuse them of profiting off the death of their friend, for kicks. Just...why? Not criticizing anyone's opinions, but I'd just go for the jugular, not invent additional issues that aren't there. 

" ... they intend to profit from his death?"

Yep. Mostly by pandering to black voters. "Keep Your Eyes On The Prize." We underestimate them if we assume they're too dumb to play chess.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, xaxat said:

Looks like the Nats are going to win the World Series.

Joe is going to be insufferable.

We'll see.  He was quite the fan of our current president until it wasn't beneficial to him but he and Meeks must be scouring AirBnB to find digs just in case.

Sigh.

• LOL 1