Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I have never in all the time she's been on Morning Joe heard her mention Lady Gaga.

This did a nice job of clearing out my sinuses this morning as I shot my coffee out through my nose with that little announcement.  I have to remember when I am channel surfing to steer clear of MJ around 6:30 CST as that's when she seems to drop her KYV crumbs.

Maybe she's hoping Gaga shows up at Joe's gig on Wednesday?

• LOL 4

Her addiction to sleeping medicines, that shamarticle about her therapy and Gaga, and that the article is on her sham "Know Your Value" NBC page all together is all you need to know about everything having to do with Mika. 
She's a simple, pandering, facile, vain, clumsy hypocrite.
Every sentence of her article is either a lie or projection or posturing. 
It's also awesomely poor writing.

She attempted to write about her pain and how she heals it... and I'm left angry, wholly unsympathetic and certain she's one of the stupidest people in America's television culture.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Her addiction to sleeping medicines, that shamarticle about her therapy and Gaga, and that the article is on her sham "Know Your Value" NBC page all together is all you need to know about everything having to do with Mika. 
She's a simple, pandering, facile, vain, clumsy hypocrite.
Every sentence of her article is either a lie or projection or posturing. 
It's also awesomely poor writing.

She attempted to write about her pain and how she heals it... and I'm left angry, wholly unsympathetic and certain she's one of the stupidest people in America's television culture.

All I got was "I watched Oprah interview Lady Gaga, and realized I could claim I used that therapy to talk about myself and how hard my life is, what with the cakes and ice cream, the Ambien (explains alot) and deciding several years ago to put myself first as I deserted my husband and humiliated my daughters in order to shack up with a wealthy man who is as big a dipshit as I am". 

Lady Gaga hanging out with Joe & Mika is going to happen right after Lady Gaga and Irene Shayk hang out. In other words, never. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Headline of this article implies it's about Chuck Todd being a massive tool, (do we really need to suffer thru MTP AND MTP Daily)  but read on and you'll discover Andy Lack (Friend of the show and Joe protector) could be on his way out, Morning Joe is ratings success (does badmouthing Mika on Twitter count as a ratings point), and Shep Smith may be coming to the network, as is Joshua Johnson from NPR. 

How many people sit thru this shit show day in and day out?  Is my expectation for intelligent political talk that high a standard? Does EVERYONE turn it on hoping Joe & Mika won't be there, and then just figure "fuck it, I have to get ready for work" and leave the tv on MSNBC. 

I figured most of us hate watch and then come here to hang out and chat about how we hate it. 

I am pretty fed up with the network as a whole, they have let the hosts' biases (Not just Joe's)  and lack of basic fact checking across the board, get totally out of control.  Congrats to Andy Lack & Phil Griffin, you had the chance to run a network based on good journalism and fair opinions, whether they be conservative or liberal leaning,  you turned it into Fox Lite.  And allowing Cake Bossette to use the network to run her scam doesn't help the credibility. 

The one good thing re this article is Nicole Wallace is being recognized for her talent, just please don't thank Mika for any promotion you may get. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jitters-at-msnbc-as-brass-eyes-moving-chuck-todd-and-talks-to-shep-smith?ref=home

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Headline of this article implies it's about Chuck Todd being a massive tool, (do we really need to suffer thru MTP AND MTP Daily)  but read on and you'll discover Andy Lack (Friend of the show and Joe protector) could be on his way out, Morning Joe is ratings success (does badmouthing Mika on Twitter count as a ratings point), and Shep Smith may be coming to the network, as is Joshua Johnson from NPR. 

How many people sit thru this shit show day in and day out?  Is my expectation for intelligent political talk that high a standard? Does EVERYONE turn it on hoping Joe & Mika won't be there, and then just figure "fuck it, I have to get ready for work" and leave the tv on MSNBC. 

I figured most of us hate watch and then come here to hang out and chat about how we hate it. 

I am pretty fed up with the network as a whole, they have let the hosts' biases (Not just Joe's)  and lack of basic fact checking across the board, get totally out of control.  Congrats to Andy Lack & Phil Griffin, you had the chance to run a network based on good journalism and fair opinions, whether they be conservative or liberal leaning,  you turned it into Fox Lite.  And allowing Cake Bossette to use the network to run her scam doesn't help the credibility. 

The one good thing re this article is Nicole Wallace is being recognized for her talent, just please don't thank Mika for any promotion you may get. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jitters-at-msnbc-as-brass-eyes-moving-chuck-todd-and-talks-to-shep-smith?ref=home

I wonder if Joe would have any input into proposed lineup changes at MSNBC.

He & Mika have said on air that they like Chuck Todd.

Would the network risk the wrath of an angry Joe Scarborough throwing temper tantrums from Florida ?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, oakville said:

He & Mika have said on air that they like Chuck Todd.

I just don't see why Chuck Todd needs to be on tv 6 times a week. .  Every show on MSNBC with the multi panel format is like that scene in Moneyball, where Billy Beane goes around the table asking the same question to a bunch of people. 

"What's the problem?"

"WRONG!"

BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

^^^THIS^^^

• Love 4

I see Meeks had another social media blast of mindless self promotion. This one was about a photo shoot of her and Joe (Why? And why does she think people are actually interested in this?) Of course, she used this as an excuse to "own" yet another perceived fault...this time, her aging face. Our Mika is such a warrior...didn't have her wrinkles air brushed out!! Isn't she brave? Oooooh. Speaking as someone 10 years her senior, I'd advise her to just stop with emphasis on the minutia of growing old. We're all doing it, babe. (I'd also suggest laying off the foundation that settles in every.single.line.) I think this really brings out her passive aggressive side, too: A bit of a slap to all her "colleagues" and minions who don't mind a little face-tuning now and then. I guess this is part of her "Mother Hen" mode.

This is another Come to Jesus revelation from her; Add it to the sugar addiction, the sleeping pill situation, her weight, the "complications" of leaving your family for your lover, etc. but she's still yet to address the elephant in her room of faults: She's a lousy newsreader and has zero ability to add any thoughtful, analytical insight into any current event. I'll keep watching for that one.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

I see Meeks had another social media blast of mindless self promotion. This one was about a photo shoot of her and Joe (Why? And why does she think people are actually interested in this?) Of course, she used this as an excuse to "own" yet another perceived fault...this time, her aging face. Our Mika is such a warrior...didn't have her wrinkles air brushed out!! Isn't she brave? Oooooh. Speaking as someone 10 years her senior, I'd advise her to just stop with emphasis on the minutia of growing old. We're all doing it, babe. (I'd also suggest laying off the foundation that settles in every.single.line.) I think this really brings out her passive aggressive side, too: A bit of a slap to all her "colleagues" and minions who don't mind a little face-tuning now and then. I guess this is part of her "Mother Hen" mode.

This is another Come to Jesus revelation from her; Add it to the sugar addiction, the sleeping pill situation, her weight, the "complications" of leaving your family for your lover, etc. but she's still yet to address the elephant in her room of faults: She's a lousy newsreader and has zero ability to add any thoughtful, analytical insight into any current event. I'll keep watching for that one.

Great post Plumbago and bless you for writing what is rattling around in my tired little brain.

Sigh.

6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Just saw that on Twitter. If she spent half as much time studying the topics they "discuss" as she does begging for compliments. 

It's almost pathetic how she perks up when pushing her KYV crap during the show.  Seriously, I would get it if she was in her 30's but she reminds me of a cat that drops a dead mouse at your feet looking for love when they run those segments.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Oh Jesus no they have practice sessions for that mess?  Teddysmom thank you so much for posting that as that will make me howl every time I think about it . . . 😂

I for one enjoy seeing such serious journalists enjoying their down time . . . snort.

Oh my God.  So clueless.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh Jesus no they have practice sessions for that mess?  Teddysmom thank you so much for posting that as that will make me howl every time I think about it . . . 😂

I for one enjoy seeing such serious journalists enjoying their down time . . . snort.

Oh my God.  So clueless.  

When it comes to self promotion, they make the Kardashians look like amateurs. In fact Mika should get Kris the Momager on the KYV train. She'd show her how to promote toxic diets, waist cinchers, and a line of cosmetics. 

Sell Your Soul Glow Bronzer

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 5

I saw her SM yesterday and had to LOL with her new found ultra hipness...describing the guy on "Keys"...like she would ever, ever say that or know what she's talking about. Did she credit herself as being on "Tambo"? 

I guess you guys now know why they were so low energy on a pretty historic day in their (supposed) line of work...all that toe tapping, yeah,yeah,yeahing yesterday. Exhausting stuff. Show prep? What show prep?

I wish people would just stop watching them and their ratings would cave and their egos would deflate. But, I know how satisfying hate watching can be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

"Fox & Friends" is going to broadcast its show tomorrow morning from a diner in Jupiter (the town, not the planet, although sometimes it's difficult to tell).

Will the Twins also be in Jupiter tomorrow?

I can't help wondering if the F&F people are trolling J&M (invading their turf, so to speak).

And, no, I won't be watching F&F, even though I'm expecting an in-depth interview with a Florida Man or two.

• LOL 2

Hey Mika! Maybe you aren't going to get fired, but you should, lol

And how DARE you use a scene from  The Office to promote your BS!!! 

I guarantee Mika sent in every one of those questions.

Crying at work, getting drunk at work, getting sick at work, sending mean text about your boss to your boss, your boob comes out of your top at work.  

Tell me this isn't all Mika.  

Breaking out in a rash on your neck when you talk to your boss? By boss she means Joe and by talk to she means when he wants to "do it". 

Column in Cosmopolitan? . Next page is "Twenty Ways to Please Your Man with Cake". 

Do a shot every time she says "Press Reset & Move On".

• LOL 3

OMG. She's trying the advice column routine again, huh? She did that several years ago with a monthly puff piece in either Glamour or Cosmo...two magazines she has no business being associated with. IIRC either Tina Brown (whatever happened to her? She was a friend of the show for quite some time.) or the blonde editor  that looks just like Mika pulled some strings for that to happen. Mika has no credibility spewing that same superficial horse shit about knowing your value in a REAL workplace. She's been coddled her entire "career", never having to slog through endless days stuck in a cubicle or on the road, dealing with clients and REAL people and problems. And the bull about dealing with one's boss...She's had agents (and her lover/husband) doing her bidding for her...she never had the nerve to address any management types til she had Joe to hide behind. The rest of us Work Warriors have known how to fend for ourselves for decades. I can't believe anyone would actually think she has any actionable advice to help one's career. ("Just hit reset" is not advice.)  How does she get away with this crap? Plus, I'd think that a "mature" woman, now proclaiming herself an expert in Come Back careers, would get herself in a more fitting magazine, like Working Woman, or Working Mother or similar titles. Cosmo isn't exactly known as a go to for workplace advice, unless it's seduction...the ONE area she IS qualified in.  What a joke.  

• Love 8

If you watch the video, the look on Danielle's face when Mika is babbling about her neck rash or puking at work is priceless. 

At one point she even dared to disagree with Mika.

Be careful, Danielle, you'll be folding teeshirts again. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, teddysmom said:

Crying at work, getting drunk at work, getting sick at work, sending mean text about your boss to your boss, your boob comes out of your top at work.  

Ok, I finally watched the video and seriously?  I am 63 years old and I can tell you these things never happened to me but to be honest I am intrigued about the boob coming out at your workplace.  Seriously . . . wut?

I agree, Danielle looks like she is involved in a hostage video as clearly Meek's delirium rules.

I AM NOT OLD, I AM VERY RELEVANT.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

The rest of us Work Warriors have known how to fend for ourselves for decades. I can't believe anyone would actually think she has any actionable advice to help one's career. ("Just hit reset" is not advice.) 

Plumbago this is the best post EVER!!!!  

Just hit reset . . . oh ok . . . . UGH!

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

but to be honest I am intrigued about the boob coming out at your workplace.

Did Mika’s boob come out? I mean, accidentally, not all the times she willingly took it out for Joe.

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I finally watched the video and seriously?  I am 63 years old and I can tell you these things never happened to me but to be honest I am intrigued about the boob coming out at your workplace.  Seriously . . . wut?

I agree, Danielle looks like she is involved in a hostage video as clearly Meek's delirium rules.

I AM NOT OLD, I AM VERY RELEVANT.

Ok, I may have to check this out for laughs.  There are some people at my work who regularly have visible cleavage, and I work at a very boring and unsexy government agency in DC.  Some people have no inappropriateness meter for their clothes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Ok, I may have to check this out for laughs.  There are some people at my work who regularly have visible cleavage, and I work at a very boring and unsexy government agency in DC.  Some people have no inappropriateness meter for their clothes.

It's set up like young women submitted these questions and Mika & Danielle answer them, but they are so idiotic and irrelevant. Nothing about actually entering the workforce after college, because I can tell you a lot of young people have NO idea how an office environment functions in their first job,  or how to get ahead in your job as far as learning about the company and doing more than your specific job requirements, how to deal with difficult people, or sexual harassment.

Nope.  And to be honest I don't know anyone who would survive sending a shitty email about their boss TO THEIR BOSS. 

Mika's "Just hope they have a sense of humor, press reset and move on". Seriously??!! If I said my boss was an asshole and he saw the email I would be gone.  

And I believe the only workplace where boobs flying out of a top is allowed is FlashDancers on West 45th in Manhattan.  Maybe Mika has a second gig? I mean she did look like she had experience doing a handstand on a table in that one photo. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

The weird thing about Mika and KYV is that her current career is an awful example of what she preaches. 

Her value now is intrinsically tied to her husband, Joe. Her career is anything but independent. Now I don't have a problem with her choices, but my guess is that almost all of the women she preaches/praises/scolds about KYV don't have a prominent co-worker/spouse/whatever the hell was going on before Joe's divorce promoting their career. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, xaxat said:

The weird thing about Mika and KYV is that her current career is an awful example of what she preaches. 

Her value now is intrinsically tied to her husband, Joe. Her career is anything but independent. Now I don't have a problem with her choices, but my guess is that almost all of the women she preaches/praises/scolds about KYV don't have a prominent co-worker/spouse/whatever the hell was going on before Joe's divorce promoting their career. 

It's surprising that no one that interviewed her asked her about how Joe helped her career .

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, xaxat said:

How dare you!!!

According to Mika, SHE helped Joe. "I'M the reason the show is still going".  

"He Came Up With The Show. I'M the reason It's Still Going".

OMGOMGOMG!!! The hubris! I can't believe she actually said that!!!! She always has to take credit for everything and the truth is she is just a poser who offers nothing and is always hanging on to someone else's coat tails. Here's the real truth, Meeks: You are the reason the show is still going, because the viewers can't believe how inept you are and they love starting the day with a laugh...at you, you fool.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I love how she says the dating Joe and breaking up with Jim caused her so much mental stress.

Know how to not have mental stress like that, Mika? Don't cheat on your husband in front of a tv camera. 

Didn't President Trump send out a tweet in 2016 where he promised to discuss the true story of Mika & Joe's relationship ? I wonder if they had secret encounters at Mar A Largo or other Trump Resorts?.

I feel bad for Jim Hoffer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Didn't President Trump send out a tweet in 2016 where he promised to discuss the true story of Mika & Joe's relationship ? I wonder if they had secret encounters at Mar A Largo or other Trump Resorts?.

OH MY GOD.  

Now that would make sense of why they were having Trump on so much during the campaign, trying to keep him quiet.  

It looks like they had their own little Catch & Kill game going on. Mika cried to Roger Ailes to get stories killed, and Joe paid the reporter back by giving him the scoop that Alec Baldwin's MSNBC show had been cancelled.   

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-kept-their-relationship-secret-so-long

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

OH MY GOD.  

Now that would make sense of why they having Trump on so much during the campaign, trying to keep him quiet.  

It looks like they had their own little Catch & Kill game going on. Mika cried to Roger Ailes to get stories killed, and Joe paid the reporter back by giving him the scoop that Alec Baldwin's MSNBC show had been cancelled.   

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-kept-their-relationship-secret-so-long

Joe did admit to staying at Mar A Largo with his children during a time period that would co inside with his separation from his second wife.

Trump's son tweeted about Joe getting numerous "comped stays" at Mar A Largo & other resorts after Joe complained about "bed bugs" at Trump's Doral resort.

Joe never complained about free stays at Trump Resorts.

• Love 3

I would bet that if there was a poll of NBC female anchors/reporters on who is best/worst liked by audiences...Meeka would come in almost last.  Besides the KYV scam that she is running, I think there is just something so off about her, so fake, that other women intuitively pick up on it.  And I am not sex-shaming.  As women, we can sometimes be our own worst enemies.  Meeka just makes my gums hurt when I see her on her lofty perch, thrusting her chest out while dressing like a sexy nun.  Then lecturing mostly young-er women on how to conduct themselves at their workplaces.

Meeka has never had to really work for anything; she has used her "assets" to get ahead - and I am okay with that.  You use what you have if you are so inclined.  But don't then lecture and make $$$ by trying to tell the rest of us how to conduct ourselves in the workplace. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Kemper said:

Then lecturing mostly young-er women on how to conduct themselves at their workplaces.

Agree with your whole post, Kemper but your quote above is why I detest her so much. She loves lecturing and tsk-tsking about every "bad" habit, while exhibiting that very same behavior...in front of the world; she doesn't even try to hide the fact she is guilty of the things she admonishes. So fake and hypocritical. Her daughters must be so proud. Again I say I think Jim Hofer is one fine, admirable man. He moved on with grace (I imagine a NDA may have ensured that but he seems so nice that he may not have even needed one) and seems to enjoy life with little drama and with normal, regular people. I bet he's relieved he can enjoy his retirement pursuits without that harpy.

• Love 6

I went over to Mika's IG to see what she's getting up to instead of doing her job or preparing for her job. It's a Know Your Value project. The great working mother newsletter and web-platform of our time, led by the every-woman Mika, is doing a feature on polo. That's right. The gentleman's sport. One of the most upper-class, elitist, classist sports in the history of sport. 

Looooool.

• LOL 2