Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

Felicity Smoak is referenced in yet another article that's unrelated to Arrow...

Orphan Black's Legacy: A Galaxy of Complex Women
Delia Harrington  Aug 17, 2017
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/orphan-black/267064/orphan-blacks-legacy-a-galaxy-of-complex-women

... In fact, between The CW and Syfy, there are now so many somewhat-emotionally damaged badass leading women just within sci-fi television shows that it's hard to keep track. 

It would be easy to picture Cosima Niehaus and Felicity Smoak nerding out together about "the science," and comparing basement labs/secret lairs, although Cosima might insist that Felicity light up first to take it down a few notches. While Wynonna Earp incorporates the supernatural in a more direct fashion, everything else on the show feels like a frothier, Felix-less kindred spirit, from the drink-swilling, gun-toting protagonist born into a life not of her choose and sisterly bond to the heavy use of science and research-based team members and the positive depiction of queer femme love. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

How the Arrow TV Show Has Changed
BY DSIMOVIC ON AUGUST 25, 2017
http://www.comingsoon.net/article/features/882305-arrow-tv-show

If you look at the main cast from Arrow Season 1 and compare it to the cast today, you’ll notice a lot of missing faces. There’s good reason for this as Arrow has quite famously been willing to off its characters with little mercy. While there’s been a trend in recent years to bring back dead characters, only four of the seven main characters from the first season are still breathing. Add in the fact that secondary characters tend to die or leave in droves, and you have a cast that’s always rotating.
The earliest episodes of the Arrow show seem to have tried to eschew as much of the “comic book” vibe as possible. While there were a few nods to the comics here and there, everything was incredibly grounded. This started to change during the back half of Season One, and now the show really embraces its comic roots. There are now legitimate super powers on the show thanks to the introduction of the Flash as well as characters who can deftly wield magic.

The No-kill Policy
Anyone Can Die
Team Arrow
Super Powers and Magic
Spin-offs and Team-ups

Edited by tv echo

From Sports Illustrated...

Cody Rhodes Entering Wine Business with Former SummerSlam Opponent Stephen Amell
JUSTIN BARRASSO  Friday August 25th, 2017
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/08/25/cody-rhodes-stephen-amell-summerslam-wine-business

Rhodes is boldly stepping foot into the wine industry, though he is not doing so alone. He is joined by former WWE opponent–and Arrow star–Stephen Amell.
“Stephen is one of the hardest workers I’ve ever encountered, and we’re talking a Vince McMahon-level drive,” Rhodes said. “Through our SummerSlam match-up and my guest appearances on Arrow, we moved from a mutual respect for one another’s work ethics to a really cool friendship.”

Amell created the Nocking Point wine club in 2012 with his business partner Andrew Harding, and they now have over 6,000 current members throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

“We want to eliminate the pretense surrounding wine,” Amell said. “The same thing is true of Cody, especially in the most recent part of his career. Cody has crafted and cultivated something on his own for himself in professional wrestling. He shares the same entrepreneurial spirit that we do, which is one of the main reasons we wanted to partner with him.”
“I first met Cody in 2015 when I was a guest of the WWE during a Monday Night Raw at the Nassau Coliseum while I was filming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” Amell said. “Cody mentioned to me that if I was sitting ringside, he had approval from Vince McMahon to hiss at me when he came to the ring. We had what Cody describes as a good piece of business at SummerSlam, and he later auditioned for Arrow and got a part on that, so we’ve both dipped our toes in each other’s worlds, and it’s been a really great friendship.” 

A part of Amell's WWE experience that he will never forget occurred before the match even started with Paul “Triple H” Levesque.

“I was standing in the ‘Gorilla’ position before our match,” Amell recalled. “Hunter walked up to me and said, ‘If you think you’re going too fast, slow down. When you’re sure you’re going too slow, then slow down some more. And when you’re positive you’re going too slow, then slow down some more.’ As soon as I walked out into the Barclays, all of the moisture was immediately zapped from my mouth. I literally forgot to get in the ring, but I couldn’t ask for a better person to work with than Cody. It couldn’t have been better.”
Rhodes is collaborating with Amell’s Nocking Point to create two new wines, both with a significant connection to the wrestling industry. The first wine, “Dream”, is a sparkling white wine dedicated to the memory of his father, the “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, and the second is a blood-red named “Nightmare” that captures Rhodes’ drive and motivation to succeed in the bloodthirsty, competitive world of professional wrestling.

“I like to think ‘Nightmare’ tastes like Klingon bloodwine,” said Rhodes, who is a devoted Star Trek fan. “The original idea was to create ‘Nightmare’, but once I heard I’d be working on two bottles, ‘Dream’ was a no-brainer. There is a personal quote from my father on the bottle that reads, ‘You can’t be a beacon if yo’ light don’t shine’, and it is such a nice touch. Of all my father’s sayings, that is one he regularly told his grandchildren in the last few years of his life."

The wine is only available through membership in Nocking Point, which is a quarterly wine club. Members will receive a bottle of Rhodes’s wine, which will be shipped along with two other bottles. For those who purchase two boxes, they will get one of each of Rhodes’s bottles, along with four other bottles of wine. The wine club shipments also include comics, coffee and other assorted gear from Nocking Point.

Edited by tv echo
30 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So if you want, check out the GreenArrowTV Round Table looking back on season 5.   I was asked to join in again and nope, I'm still not capable of short answers, lol.  

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/team-gatv-roundtable-looking-back-at-arrow-season-5/comment-page-1/#comment-274933

Nice answers once again, @BkWurm1. Although my favorite part was about the future of Olicity, where it basically broke down like

Answer1: Don't care

Answer2: Don't care

Answer3: Don't care

You: Positive, encouraging words and metaphors.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Nice answers once again, @BkWurm1. Although my favorite part was about the future of Olicity, where it basically broke down like

Agreed. That was hilarious. They were all trying to the whole "Olicity is not important enough to care about" move but we see your bitterness guys ? Also Craig funny how the endless violence on the show and explosions and big action set pieces for the sake of it isn't labelled gratituous. 

• Love 4

Also I had to laugh at the use of the Dinah/Oliver pic when discussing the question could Olicity date other people in season 6 though I reckon they should have just really gone for it and used Black Siren and Oliver haha.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Also I had to laugh at the use of the Dinah/Oliver pic when discussing the question could Olicity date other people in season 6 though I reckon they should have just really gone for it and used Black Siren and Oliver haha.

Hahahaha!  I totally missed that.  At least Craig now seems to think Olicity is the only game in town.   

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

I expected to be the only one really positive about it but the apathy they were trying to channel was so close to "lalalalala I can't hear you!"

2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Heh. Using either BC or BS shows they don't actually care about the characters themselves, just their comic/E2 counterparts.

Agreed. That was hilarious. They were all trying to the whole "Olicity is not important enough to care about" move but we see your bitterness guys ? Also Craig funny how the endless violence on the show and explosions and big action set pieces for the sake of it isn't labelled gratituous. 

Bet if they'd ended the season on Susan/Oliver they'd actually have thought it was interesting or important even if she wasn't LL or DD. They'd have probably have had more positive things to say if Oliver made it clear his right hand was his only future relationship at the moment.

Violence and this show is the true relationship so never gratuitous ;) The writers might want to think about that next time they attempt to write a PSA episode about senseless violence.

Nice answers BKWURM1.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Bet if they'd ended the season on Susan/Oliver they'd actually have thought it was interesting or important even if she wasn't LL or DD. They'd have probably have had more positive things to say if Oliver made it clear his right hand was his only future relationship at the moment.

Haha Matt actually said that he enjoyed the Susan/Oliver relationship and Stephanie I think said that Oliver and Felicity loved Susan/Billy and didn't breakup with them because they were in love with other people. So you're probably right. 

• Love 2

Haha Matt actually said that he enjoyed the Susan/Oliver relationship and Stephanie I think said that Oliver and Felicity loved Susan/Billy and didn't breakup with them because they were in love with other people. So you're probably right. 

Yeah that's what I meant. Billy was so important to Felicity that he appeared in all of about 10 or less scenes before Oliver killed him and they never bothered to show us how they met or why they potentially liked each other, which they did with Barry, Ray and even Cooper. Oliver might as well have said "Susan the producers say our plot point is now over and I need to be free to have flashback sex/get back together with my ex fiancée, so bye, see you never." for all the emotion he showed when breaking up with her for all his "she's a good person speeches" that went nowhere. He showed more sadness with Helena and McKenna than her. It took him a brisk-ish 20 seconds of screen time. These are the people they are in love with? Just be honest and say that at least they weren't Olicity.

Edited by Featherhat
spelling and adding last line
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

If Olicity isn't important enough to care about then really none of his personal relationships are, even with their precious Slade, so it seems like they just want to watch MMA but with costumes? 

BRB, have to go write a business plan. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, leopardprint said:

If Olicity isn't important enough to care about then really none of his personal relationships are, even with their precious Slade, so it seems like they just want to watch MMA but with costumes? 

BRB, have to go write a business plan. 

Presumably, but there's already 5000 wrestling shows for that so they should go for it.

Yeah apart from Thea, if Felicity and Diggle don't count, no one alive does, maybe Sara but she's on a different show. Sure it doesn't have to be a favourite storyline but it's his personal relationships with people that make Arrow what it is and not a short mini series where a guy goes vengeful vigilante and dies soon afterwards without stopping the Undertaking. I remember reading a few days ago that Felicity and even OTA started killing the show from the time they (she) were introduced. Which, seriously if you haven't liked the direction of a show since mid way through S1 you probably will never like it. Of course some of these people also have heard spoilers that Felicity for reals dies, BS is definitely getting a redemption arc and everything else is a foiler so, yeah they don't think about Olicity at all.......

I forgot to mention it in my previous posts but @BkWurm1 I did appreciate in your answers that you were often the only one to refer to BTS issues/actor availability or other things the other people participating glossed over, because that so often gets lost in these type of discussions as interesting as they are.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Of course some of these people also have heard spoilers that Felicity for reals dies, BS is definitely getting a redemption arc and everything else is a foiler so, yeah they don't think about Olicity at all.......

I blame this on articles like this that say "soon-to-be-redeemed" Black Siren as if it's a definite thing. 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I blame this on articles like this that say "soon-to-be-redeemed" Black Siren as if it's a definite thing. 

I'd read MG's quote but not the article. It has a high chance of ending up like "Guggie is evil because he said LL is alive and well, but he lied because he really meant BS was alive!" Well welcome to the words of showrunners. LL was alive and well, just E2 LL, which parsing should have been obvious to anyone who has ever read a show runner interview. Yeah they'll probably question it again since she's there for at least 13 eps but that doesn't magically morph into "going to happen".

Re MG's other quotes that I know were discussed previously, since I love Sara I wouldn't mind her coming back for an all girl team up, but the show doesn't actually need her to have that on Arrow in various definitions of "bad ass", especially if Lyla is involved.

• Love 1

I'm missing something.  MG doesn't say anything about BS or even LL in that article. The only reference is to what happened in 406.  Where are they getting the BS is totes going to be redeemed from?  Especially since MG and WM have both said (in multiple interviews) that it's possible but, not something they're actively working towards.  In fact they've mostly referred to BS as a villain.

Never-mind that's comicbook.com, not comicbookresources.com.  One actually gets interviews the other just pull stuff from other articles and spins it. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm missing something.  MG doesn't say anything about BS or even LL in that article. The only reference is to what happened in 406.  Where are they getting the BS is totes going to be redeemed from?  Especially since MG and WM have both said (in multiple interviews) that it's possible but, not something they're actively working towards.  In fact they've mostly referred to BS as a villain 

Exactly. It really seems to be a case of wishful thinking/maybe if they say it enough like it's a fact it will become one.

And then people look at articles like that, go, "Well, if the media said it..." and one person goes with it and bam, it becomes "Black Siren is totally going to be redeemed, see Black Siren and the word redeemed/redemption are in the same sentence that MG/WM/etc.'s name is mentioned."

• Love 3

The only time i remember talk about redemption  was when they implied the characters like Oliver, Quentin  wondering if there is a chance for redemption. But that BS is a badass and an interesting villain. 

15 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The only time i remember talk about redemption  was when they implied the characters like Oliver, Quentin  wondering if there is a chance for redemption. But that BS is a badass and an interesting villain. 

Yeah that was my newly read quote on it, which was showrunner BS at its best. They have also responded elsewhere that they like BS as a villain when she was first announced as an S6 regular. The sites are definitely stretching the quotes to make them fit their target audience.

40 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What's funny about the idea of BS being part of a girls team-up episode is that she's probably on the opposite side with 3 of the likely protagonists — Felicity, Dinah, Sara — all having reasons to punch her, LMAO!

If KC ever gets her wish to show up on LOT as BS I hope Sara disabuses BS of any connection more firmly than either Quentin or Felicity did. And yeah she probably would be an antagonist in a Girl Team Up if she was included.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

But that BS is a badass and an interesting villain. 

I laugh when I see MG and Wendy say this stuff because what they really mean is bitchy is KC's wheelhouse and she's better as a villain than as a "good-doer." Not much better, but still. If the deal is to keep her employed for the rest of her original contract in one form or another, then villain is the way to go. Which is why I don't think this idea BS is getting a redemption arc is absolute BS. 

• Love 1
On 8/29/2017 at 2:45 PM, BkWurm1 said:

So if you want, check out the GreenArrowTV Round Table looking back on season 5.   I was asked to join in again and nope, I'm still not capable of short answers, lol.  

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/team-gatv-roundtable-looking-back-at-arrow-season-5/comment-page-1/#comment-274933

I loved your answers.

Not being short just showed that you actually put some thought into the show, unlike Matt and Stephanie.  And Craig who hasn't even seen every episode.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I forgot to mention it in my previous posts but @BkWurm1 I did appreciate in your answers that you were often the only one to refer to BTS issues/actor availability or other things the other people participating glossed over because that so often gets lost in these type of discussions as interesting as they are.

Thanks!  

I think this board is pretty savvy about the realities of actor availability and that yes, this is a business with limitations which has definitely added to my awareness.  Just because someone can dream up a great idea, doesn't mean it CAN happen.  But I go elsewhere and that simply understanding is completely lacking. And then they get mad that their pie in the sky dreams don't happen.  

Willa not being in as many episodes becomes one more thing they blame on the writers and Olicity (everything is blamed either on Felicity or Olicity, lol)  If Vigilante doesn't end up being Roy or Tommy, no matter how well the story the show will choose to tell is told, it will never measure up to the one some people want it to have been even though there has been zero indication that either actor is even available to tell the story!   

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I loved your answers.

Not being short just showed that you actually put some thought into the show, unlike Matt and Stephanie.  And Craig who hasn't even seen every episode.

Thank you.

I was really surprised by that myself, the lack of interest I felt coming from them even though both Matt and Craig kept talking like Season five was the 2nd coming of Arrow.  I now take away the impression that they were so eager to proclaim how much better the show was without Olicity that they remain in denial even though it seems they suffered from some of the same sort of emotional disconnect with the show like the rest of us.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

But, but it was masks!  And stunts!  And a new Black Canary!  It's interesting that the episode with the most masks, Sin-Eaters, is the one Craig couldn't be bothered to watch even yet.

30 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If Vigilante doesn't end up being Roy or Tommy, no matter how well the story the show will choose to tell is told, it will never measure up to the one some people want it to have been even though there has been zero indication that either actor is even available to tell the story!   

Just how do they think it's going to happen?  Both actors have moved on to other series. Colin Donnell was so busy with his own show he couldn't even fly to Vancouver to film a short scene in the 100th episode.?  smh

• Love 2

I'm always surprised at the number of published articles out there about Arrow that ignore or misinterpret simple facts (not alternative facts, but real facts). For example, I read another article recently that (again) blamed S4's lower ratings on Olicity and that wondered if putting Olicity back together as a couple (like it seemed where the end of S5 was headed) would hurt S6's ratings. This, of course, ignores these facts: (1) S4 ratings were fine for most of that season when Olicity was a couple and only dropped after they broke up in 415; and (2) Olicity were not a couple throughout all of S5 and ratings remained low.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

If that's the Moviepilot article, that was a total clickbait headline. Except for 1 reference there was nothing more about ratings, no talk about trends, etc. I saw the author get blasted for it on Twitter by the chick who does the ratings chart on Tumblr. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But, but it was masks!  And stunts!  And a new Black Canary!  It's interesting that the episode with the most masks, Sin-Eaters, is the one Craig couldn't be bothered to watch even yet.

Just how do they think it's going to happen?  Both actors have moved on to other series. Colin Donnell was so busy with his own show he couldn't even fly to Vancouver to film a short scene in the 100th episode.?  smh

No kidding, they basically said "Tommy's not here because CD is in Chicago Med" in the script for the 100th episode and CH is busy with AHS. Meanwhile I'm keeping an eye on Adrian Holmes's projects to see what he's got coming up. There's a difference about "pie in the sky" wishing which character was coming back and what has a chance of realistically happening. In this round table the pro Olicity fan was the one with the smart, thoughtful answers and knowledge of what's going on with the show and the anti Olicity Comics! people either admitted they didn't watch such an amazing season, gave surface answers or ones that make no sense either on the show or BTS. Though I do give props to people willing to talk on record about their feelings for a show in that way.  

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

I'm always surprised at the number of published articles out there about Arrow that ignore or misinterpret simple facts (not alternative facts, but real facts). For example, I read another article recently that (again) blamed S4's lower ratings on Olicity and that wondered if putting Olicity back together as a couple (like it seemed where the end of S5 was headed) would hurt S6's ratings. This, of course, ignores these facts: (1) S4 ratings were fine for most of that season when Olicity was a couple and only dropped after they broke up in 415; and (2) Olicity were not a couple throughout all of S5 and ratings remained low.

If the writers/producers/CW really thought Olicity were the cause of the dropping ratings they wouldn't have put them back together at the tail end of S5/probably moving forward in S6 simple as that. S3 is not a lot of people's favourite and heavily features Oliver/Felicity angst, not to mention convoluted and nonsensical plot, writing and characterisation but it rated highly. As I sort of mentioned above, I've seen people try to argue that since the pilot (which featured a lot of Oliver/Laurel/Tommy promotion got better ratings than 2x23 it means that group was more popular than OTA, which is really wishful thinking and ignorant of how shows and ratings work.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I've seen people try to argue that since the pilot (which featured a lot of Oliver/Laurel/Tommy promotion got better ratings than 2x23 it means that group was more popular than OTA, which is really wishful thinking and ignorant of how shows and ratings work.

That's a new one for me. Very entertaining to be honest. :)

5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

As I sort of mentioned above, I've seen people try to argue that since the pilot (which featured a lot of Oliver/Laurel/Tommy promotion got better ratings than 2x23 it means that group was more popular than OTA, which is really wishful thinking and ignorant of how shows and ratings work.

I guess the fact that the show lost 1.3 million viewers during the Oliver/Tommy/Laurel show that was season 1 doesn't mean anything though!

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I guess the fact that the show lost 1.3 million viewers during the Oliver/Tommy/Laurel show that was season 1 doesn't mean anything though!

That drop is obviously because Felicity and Diggle took over halfway through the season, and it became the Felicity and Diggle, show.

• Love 10
On 8/29/2017 at 0:45 PM, BkWurm1 said:

Thanks for sharing this - I enjoyed your answers. :) I'm always curious about how these are done?  I'm assuming you don't literally get around a table and talk? Do you email your answers in or how does it work?

I was amused at a couple of the responses regarding Black Siren and Black Canary.  It seemed like Craig was really thinking BS was going to reform and join the team as BC, but now that Dinah's here it really confuses everything! I'm not sure what's going to happen now! Lol. And one of the other people commenting on the awkwardness of Dinah replacing Laurel and that it could seem like they thought they made a mistake making Laurel BC.  Well yes. Yes it could seem that way, couldn't it? ROFL.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Thanks for sharing this - I enjoyed your answers. :) I'm always curious about how these are done?  I'm assuming you don't literally get around a table and talk? Do you email your answers in or how does it work?

Thank you for reading it!  :D  

Craig asked about a month ago if I was in for another round and I said yes. Then last week he emailed the questions and we had until the end of the week to answer.  Last time for the roundtable all answers were just sent to Craig.  This time when people answered, they copied everyone on their answers.  I was slow on understanding but I realize now Craig wanted to foster some conversation opportunities if there were points one wanted to respond to.  People presumably could have added something after seeing others responses but I don't think anyone but Craig adjusted his answers (minutely).  Me, I got in in my head I shouldn't read their answers lest they end up influencing mine, lol.  Even then though I couldn't resist peeking at Craig's about Underneath, hence why I addressed whether the Bunker sex was gratuitous.  

I could have pitched questions I wanted the round table to answer, but I thought Craig had pretty much everything covered apart from speculating about the crossover and frankly, I didn't want to go there when we still know so little so I didn't push it.  

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

And one of the other people commenting on the awkwardness of Dinah replacing Laurel and that it could seem like they thought they made a mistake making Laurel BC.  Well yes. Yes it could seem that way, couldn't it? ROFL.

Funny how one might come to that conclusion.  ;)

• Love 4

People Who Die On TV Shows Need To STAY DEAD
By Josh Sorokach  Aug 31, 2017
https://decider.com/2017/08/31/people-who-die-on-tv-shows-need-to-stay-dead/

TV characters who die need to STAY DEAD.

The mystical resurrection trope is getting way out of hand. It’s one thing if this were an isolated incident, but modern television is beginning to treat death like it’s a part of a character’s journey as opposed to their final destination… and I am not on board with it. There should be only one death and five Final Destinations... that’s it. Revered television shows like Buffy, X-Files, Game of Thrones, Arrow, Lost, and The Defenders have all fallen into this trap. The proliferation of faux deaths retroactively invalidates past storylines while irrevocably altering the audience’s future expectations.
I’m looking in your direction, Lazarus Pit.

The CW’s Arrow is the undisputed king of this trope. It’s one thing to bring Sara Lance back from the great beyond, but the series had the temerity to show Ra’s al Ghul making a kebab out of Oliver Queen only to have the Green Arrow survive via magic herbs. Come on, Arrow. You’re bringing ultra-badass Oliver Queen back from the dead; you’re not adding a bit of zest to a dry grilled-cheese sandwich. Also, bringing the deceased Laurel Lance back into the fold as a “doppelgänger from Earth-2” makes my doppelgänger from Earth 38 roll all fifteen of his eyes.

Death should be final. Insurmountable. The one inevitability that can never be subverted. It shouldn’t be reduced to some lazy mid-season cliffhanger. If viewers begin to treat death as just another plot contrivance it lowers the stakes of actually killing off a character.
Death is not a force to be trifled with. No enchanting potion, supernatural pit, or haunted Ouija board should be able to outfox the Grim Reaper. The “Back from the Dead” trope needs to be buried six feet under so it can finally rest in peace.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2017/09/arrow-can-black-siren-respect-laurels-true-legacy/

I really hope we don't have to deal with articles like this all season. 

Katie really needs to read the articles before liking them. She basically liked this article which trashes Dinah Drake which I'm pretty sure is a huge no. And if she did read the article then yikes. 

Also Black Siren murdered people for the heck of it. So no. She can't respect Laurel's legacy... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

The Black Canary mantle shouldn't be passed along like it means nothing. Replacing one woman with another is a harmful thing, and that's what Arrow is doing.

They grew tired of Laurel so they killed her (because they couldn't think of other stories for her) and replaced her with Dinah. If it weren't for The Flash, we wouldn't have Black Siren.

But replacing Laurel with Evil Laurel is totes fine!  And Dinah is unfit to be the Black Canary because she's carried a gun and is too much like Sara.  You know, the one that Laurel was copying in the first place!  Ugh.  

I also am getting real tired of this weird narrative that makes Kreisberg on The Flash some sort of hero that went against MG and brought back BS as if MG wasn't in on that choice at all.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But replacing Laurel with Evil Laurel is totes fine!

And replacing Dinah with Evil Laurel would totally be fine too!

1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Katie really needs to read the articles before liking them. She basically liked this article which trashes Dinah Drake which I'm pretty sure is a huge no. And if she did read the article then yikes. 

Also Black Siren murdered people for the heck of it. So no. She can't respect Laurel's legacy... 

KC liked it? Ouch. 

Does BS even want to respect Laurel's legacy? I really hope people aren't taking the "replace me" line from the finale as an indication that she wants to be on the team. Nothing we've seen from BS indicates that. Does no one remember that she's said she wishes she could hear her victims scream? Doesn't exactly sound like someone who would rather help people than hurt them. 

• Love 2

That was a poor article. It made no sense, ignored the facts of the terrible things Laurel did. Ignored that she dragged her dead sister's body all over the city and resurrected her which made her crazy. But sure Dinah Drake is a horrible person for being a cop. Also, who exactly did Dinah murder all over the city? What? What did I just read?

Of course that just succeeded in making me really root for Dinah to be a great Black Canary so long as she never beds Oliver. LOL

Also, just to the whole article....what???

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

That article read like it was written by a Laurel stan who's blinded with their love for Laurel and their hatred of a new Black Canary. I couldn't take it seriously at all. 

Opinion pieces are great, but when it makes the author look blind to the point where they're making stuff up and conveniently shoving other things under the rug to prove a point - that's when their article becomes a joke and unprofessional.

• Love 4