Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

KC really is a masochist isn't she lol. She goes back to a show that didn't respect her at all (where the crew allegedly hates her according to the paps) and she goes to SDCC where the person who replaced her will be thus making it more obvious how much of a decline her career has taken.

Yikes.

I wonder what the atmosphere on set must be like.  I know JH and KC are trying to be cooperative and supportive in front of the cameras, but surely, the whole situation has got to be awkward as fuck. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

For bringing her at all, or for the fakeout of bringing her when they'd already filmed her death scene?

Fakeout. Having her there, making me think she was safe and then Bam!

• Love 2
(edited)

This is a pretty comprehensive list of Arrow "villains" (seems broadly defined) - go to article link for brief villain descriptions..

Arrow: A Comprehensive Guide to Every Major Villain
NATALIE ABRAMS JUNE 29, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/arrow-villains/arrow-a-comprehensive-guide-to-every-major-villain/

Helix
This group of hackers, led by the mysterious Cayden James, supplied Felicity with data in exchange for her help initially on small, yet illegal missions... which eventually evolved into enlisting Felicity to help their leader escape A.R.G.U.S. custody — and if he was an enemy of A.R.G.U.S., his organization probably isn't good.

Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman)  
China White (Kelly Hu) 
Deadshot (Michael Rowe) 
Edward Fyers (Sebastian Dunn) 
Royal Flush Gang  
The Huntress (Jessica De Gouw) 
Frank Bertinelli (Jeffrey Nordling)
Firefly (Andrew Dunbar) 
Theodore Graynor (Ben Browder) 
The Count (Seth Gabel, Peter Stormare) 
Cyrus Vanch (David Anders) 
Billy Wintergreen (Jeffrey C. Robinson) 
The Dodger (James Callis)  
Joseph Falk (Christopher Redman) 
Mr. Blank (J. August Richards)  
Deathstroke (Manu Bennett)  
Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau)  
Brother Blood (Kevin Alejandro) 
Dollmaker (Michael Eklund)
The Mayor (Clé Bennett) 
Al-Owal (David Negahban)  
Anthony Ivo (Dylan Neal) 
Cyrus Gold (Graham Shiels) 
Shrapnel (Sean Maher)  
Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White) 
Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) 
Clock King (Robert Knepper) 
Simon Lacroix (Matt Ward) 
Mark Shaw (David Cubitt) 
Cooper Seldon (Nolan Gerard Funk) 
Isaac Stanzler (Nathan Mitchell) 
Cupid (Amy Gumenick) 
Captain Boomerang (Nick E. Tarabay) 
Ra's al Ghul (Matt Nable) 
Danny Brickwell (Vinnie Jones) 
Chase (Austin Butler) 
General Matthew Shrieve (Marc Singer) 
Maseo Yamashiro (Karl Yune) 
Jake Simmons (Doug Jones)  
Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) 
Murmur (Adrian Glynn McMorran)
Lonnie Machin (Alexander Calvert) 
Baron Reiter (Jimmy Akingbola) 
Jeremy Tell (JR Bourne) 
Liza Warner (Rutina Wesley)  
Andy Diggle (Eugene Byrd)  
Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) 
The Calculator (Tom Amandes)
The Demolition Team (Rachel Luttrell, Daniel Cudmore, Marc Trottier)  
Bug-Eyed Bandit (Emily Kinney) 
Prometheus (Josh Segarra)
Tobias Church (Chad L. Coleman) 
Evelyn Sharp (Madison McLaughlin) 
Konstantin Kovar (Dolph Lundgren) 
Stardust (Cody Runnels) 
Vigilante
The Dominators 
Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) 
General Walker (Garry Chalk) 
Talia al Ghul (Lexa Doig) 
Helix

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

That list just made me a) remember the dj, boo.  B) made me remember how much I adore Sean Maher and was sad that Summer and he didn't get a scene together.  C) Feel happy that Daniel Cudmore can find work. But mostly d) momentarily question whether Cody Runnels was actually playing a fictionalized version of himself and wondering if I just blocked that out.

• Love 1
(edited)

No spoilers, just spec - let the debate begin...

Arrow: Are We Secretly Rooting For A John Diggle, Black Canary Hook Up? I Know I Am
July 3, 2017   Mark Wilson 
http://theinscribermag.com/arrow-are-we-secretly-rooting-for-a-john-diggle-black-canary-hook-up-i-know-i-am/

In all cases, Oliver and Felicity are the main relationship on Arrow. However, that hasn’t stopped the writers from trying to force feed us others. Oliver has had his fair share over the years and so has Felicity but what about John Diggle or Black Canary? Yes, he’s married to Lyla but it’s something about their marriage that doesn’t seem to stick with me. Not saying it can’t work but in all fairness– it just doesn’t.

Lyla has screen time but when she and John are together they do more fighting than bonding.

Did you notice the chemistry between Diggle and Canary last season? A blind man could see that Canary has a thing for John. Canary speaks of dates but we never see any guy. When John speaks of Lyla– it’s normally centered around their issues at home or professions relationship. Maybe John won’t leave due to him being a loyal man and now that there’s a child involved– he’s not going anywhere unless Lyla either dies or does something utterly disrespectful. Canary just seems to be waiting in the wings for that right moment.
There is already one relationship dynamic on Team Arrow with Oliver and Felicity. While they have had their ups and downs a new one, something refreshing may be good for the show.

Edited by tv echo

Did you notice the chemistry between Diggle and Canary last season?

Short answer: no. Longer: that's literally how JH plays the character around everyone. Also, when did she speak of dates? 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, bijoux said:

Also, when did she speak of dates? 

I think these "dates" are every time she brought up her partner. Because, you know, talking about your past with a guy who may or may not be dead (since this is Arrow) = dates? I honestly have no idea what the writer of the article is referring to. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I almost want Arrow to go for it, just to see "GA/BC forevah" fans lose their minds. Almost.

(Then again, they might be OK. Since some of them don't think Tinah is the true Canary)

I think it probably wouldn't matter to most of them because they are still holding out hope for a Black Siren redemption arc and a subsequent Green Siren romance because a similar storyline is happening in the Injustice comics. 

16 hours ago, bijoux said:

Short answer: no. Longer: that's literally how JH plays the character around everyone. Also, when did she speak of dates? 

It confuses me that she plays Dinah like that then at the con says she thinks she isn't ready for anything romantic..if you believe that don't give the writers ideas that it takes a second with them, lol

4 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It confuses me that she plays Dinah like that then at the con says she thinks she isn't ready for anything romantic..if you believe that don't give the writers ideas that it takes a second with them, lol

I have never seen even an ounce ounce of chemistry between John and Dinah or seen anything she's said to him as flirty.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I have never seen even an ounce ounce of chemistry between John and Dinah or seen anything she's said to him as flirty.

You are one of the few to notice nothing judging from some articles and comments from the EPs too..

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

You are one of the few to notice nothing judging from some articles and comments from the EPs too..

I think most of that is agenda. Like I said, I see zero between them. 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I think most of that is agenda. Like I said, I see zero between them. 

I see her trying to appear sultry/sexy in general..I don't know why..and while SA for example gives her nothing I find David a more giving actor in general so I guess that's why there has been talk about their chemistry..that I wouldn't call chemistry but it's not relevant what you or I think, it's the EPs being asked by journalists about it that can get ideas..and they were asked last year.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

Well it's been nice live tweeting with you guys.  I don't get the CW so that means I'll only see the episodes six days later.

Thanks a whole lot, CTV.

• Love 2

Ok,  I guess I will be relying on the live thread afterall.  This maybe be one way Arrow may lose me because in all honesty I will forget the show is even on or maybe I will binge the show at the end of the year.

• Love 1

I wonder why they're cracking on this now since TVD and Gossip Girl had this happen already and they didn't do anything back then, maybe they don't want to ruin the crossover or Arrow gives them more money?

Sorry Canada fans for losing the chance (although I found it hilarious that this unofficial news came out on the 4th of July and ngl I feel more relieved since my work schedule was being moved to Wednesday nights and ruin my ability to catch streams).

• Love 1
(edited)

Time to look into VPN's?  At least that would get it to people by midnight.  It's how our Aussie friend MellowYellowDiamonds keeps up.    And the CW still gets it's eyeball count on it's website.  

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)

The crack about ratings is a supposition by whoever did that write-up.  Not an actual quote from someone at The CW.

I don't think The CW has a say in international air dates/times. Several of their shows have aired a day earlier in Canada

Edited by Morrigan2575
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

If only the CW could make the episode available same day right at the end of the episode 10pm via stream... That could help their digital numbers a lot and avoid piracy.

When does it hit the CW App? I assume they can't put it up until the West Coast airing ends. Do they throw it up at Midnight PT/3AM ET or wait until 9AM PT/12PM ET the following day?

5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It usually is up by 11:30 pm Mountain Time. Sometimes as early as 11:15. 

So 10:30 PT/1:30 ET.

Oh, that's not bad, basically it goes up after the West Coast airing.  

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh, that's not bad, basically it goes up after the West Coast airing.  

Pretty much.  They put the 8pm and 9 pm shows up about the same time I think, because when Legends moved to 9pm behind Flash I thought I'd have to wait longer for it, but it was still up about the same time.

It sucks about Arrow airing six days later. This seems to be the opinion of whoever wrote that up, and not any official statement from The CW/CTV so they're not to blame for how it was worded, but plenty of shows air in Canada early (whether that's an hour, three hours, or a day earlier) and there's no impact on the ratings. If anything, this will likely impact CTV's ratings for Arrow a bit, since there will be people who can't wait until the following Wednesday, or they have the channel that gets The CW (I do, luckily). 

• Love 2

I am not sure how this is going to work with the crossovers.  CTV is still airing the Flash, LOT on the CW schedule, so Arrow will be a week behind in the crossover.  I am not even sure what I wrote made sense :(

(edited)

The Flash and LOT will be running at the same time as in the US.  So will Supergirl but on another station.  So for them the cross-over episode will be shown when the US sees it while the Arrow crossover episode will be shown 6 days later, after the LOT episode which should follow it has aired. 

I contacted CTV and told them that in the age of social media, airing it six days later is unacceptable and I'm going to find another way to watch the show.  Well I tried.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

I am not sure how this is going to work with the crossovers.  CTV is still airing the Flash, LOT on the CW schedule, so Arrow will be a week behind in the crossover.  I am not even sure what I wrote made sense :(

Do we know that for sure? Maybe they're all running a week behind?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Do we know that for sure? Maybe they're all running a week behind?

I am not sure, I don't watch either unless it is a crossover.  I haven't seen any changes made regarding these shows. If someone finds out, can you let me know.  

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The Flash and LOT will be running at the same time as in the US.  So will Supergirl but on another station.  So for them the cross-over episode will be shown when the US sees it while the Arrow crossover episode will be shown 6 days later, after the LOT episode which should follow it has aired. 

I contacted CTV and told them that in the age of social media, airing it six days later is unacceptable and I'm going to find another way to watch the show.  Well I tried.

I saw this going around on twitter. According to her she'll get the ep the same day as US (just scroll her acct).

(edited)

Is it possible they'll geoblock the CW site from Canada, because I can 't imagine CTV would be happy that people can access the episode 6 days ahead somewhere else. 

Edited by leopardprint

All on-line US stations are geoblocked from Canada.  I'm looking into a VPN service.

2 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I saw this going around on twitter. According to her she'll get the ep the same day as US (just scroll her acct).

She has Bell as her cable provider and pays extra for a premium package.  It will going to work for some people.

One of the reasons Canadian TV broadcasts the shows at the same time as the US stations is that on cable, the Canadian version plays instead of the US one, with Canadian commercials rather than the US ones.  It seems like a strange business decision to play the show later than the US.

• Love 2

Do we know if this is an official statement? No quotes were given and no source was stated. Where is the article from ? Seems strange that CTV would play a popular show a week later in Canada.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It sucks about Arrow airing six days later. This seems to be the opinion of whoever wrote that up, and not any official statement from The CW/CTV so they're not to blame for how it was worded, but plenty of shows air in Canada early (whether that's an hour, three hours, or a day earlier) and there's no impact on the ratings. If anything, this will likely impact CTV's ratings for Arrow a bit, since there will be people who can't wait until the following Wednesday, or they have the channel that gets The CW (I do, luckily). 

So wait I'm confused. If I have the CW channel I can watch it on Thursday?