Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

That's kinda why the island blowing up (and Chase's whole plan in general) was so dumb. Someone had to plant and connect an island full of bombs. Are we supposed to believe it was Chase alone? Did Talia help then think she would peace out before it blew? How long would Chase have driven around on that boat with Myson if something had happened to Oliver? Ahhhh, Arrow plot. It's best to not think too hard. ??

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

That's kinda why the island blowing up (and Chase's whole plan in general) was so dumb. Someone had to plant and connect an island full of bombs. Are we supposed to believe it was Chase alone? Did Talia help then think she would peace out before it blew? How long would Chase have driven around on that boat with Myson if something had happened to Oliver? Ahhhh, Arrow plot. It's best to not think too hard. ??

That's what Chase was doing when he disappeared for episodes LOL

• Love 8

Chase was so crazy that I fully believe that this has been his end game all along if he couldn't get Oliver to crack beforehand and he went on and off planting the bombs. Everyone was disposable to him so he probably didn't tell anyone.

7 hours ago, LeighAn said:

So you're saying you agree then that she was nothing but Prometheus minion/lackey/bitch? Just does his chores and has no brain of her own? Cool!

giphy.gif

She even stated that she helps him because he helped her so it was made pretty clear what she was to Promethus and what she saw him as. She got out of lock up and will be roaming free so that brain worked well for her.

17 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

BS aided in the kidnapping and potential killing of a child. There's no backstory that's going to redeem that for me. (Even if I hate said child.) 

I am not defending BS or anything but this is the show that has Oliver working with the man who killed his mother and another man who was ultimately responsible for killing thousands of people plus his father. Just saying, Arrow is known for trying to redeem people who cannot be redeemed in the eyes of the fans. 

• Love 3

There is a reason why the EP's keep saying they'll keep her as a villain because they prefer that version of her. Also the series regular contract is only for season 6. What they do beyond that is totally up to how she is perceived or if they choose to keep her because "they really love Katie on the show"

Two options that are only possible with her case

1)Keep her a villain for the season. Since they said they don't have plans to kill her so if they're done with KC then BS gets locked up for Good

2)They redeem her and she finally decides to abandon the killing life in which case they send her back to her earth or she leaves on her own. And depending on what deal they make with KC they bring her back occasionally as a guest star.

Because we all know BS aint joining the team, so whatever head canons KC has might as well stop now

• Love 1

Remember SA's interaction at SDCC with the little girl who's fighting cancer, where he gave her his arrow necklace and asked her to return next year? Here's a detailed media report on that little girl...

‘Arrow’ TV star makes local cancer-fighting girl’s ‘dream come true’
Charity Lindsey   Aug. 3, 2017
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20170803/arrow-tv-star-makes-local-cancer-fighting-girls-dream-come-true

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

No spoilers - just talk about the relationship that developed between Rene and Quentin last season...

Arrow: Rick Gonzalez Explains Rene's Connection With Lance [VIDEO]
by Russ Burlingame | August 3, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/04/arrow-rick-gonzalez-explains-renes-connection-with-lance/

Transcribed from video in this article:

-- RG: “I think what I loved about what the writers did with Rene was show that we established him as being not a brute, but just someone who, like, can get his hands dirty. He’s single-minded in that realm. But the other side of Rene is someone who can be intellectual, who can be administrative, who can be someone that can help in many other areas and is unpredictable in that way. And I think that juxtaposition, um, kind of makes it fun to play, and I think it keeps the characters and the relationships in the show on its toes. Because you never know who he can interact with and how that relationship can grow. I think him being with Quentin Lance is a great example of that. Um, you know, we’ve established him in Season 5 creating a lot of friction with the rest of the characters, but the one character that you probably never would think he could have a great connection with is Lance. Then when you think about it, he'd probably has the best connection with Lance because Lance understands loss and pain. And they both have deep pain within them, so they can connect on that level, they can understand the sense of loss, and then they can help each other.”

^^^ In that same IMDb article...

Superhero Crossover Announcement of the Week

The CW has announced another four-show crossover event for the upcoming 2017 fall season. Arguably, it's our favorite event of the CW superhero lineup, where everyone gets to play in one another's sandboxes, battles get bigger and better, and we get to see interactions between characters who rarely get screen-time together. This time, the CW will be taking the four-night event down to a two-night miniseries, starting on "Supergirl" (which will actually be a part of the crossover this year) and "Arrow" on Nov. 27 and ending with "The Flash" and "Legends of Tomorrow" on Nov. 28. 

http://www.imdb.com/imdbpicks/weekly-picks-july-30/ls020577950/mediaviewer/rm3240832256

Edited by tv echo

4 Times Felicity Smoak Made It Clear Oliver Queen's Kid Was Not a Problem

While William Clayton might create some challenges for Oliver & Felicity — but, hopefully, also kick-start a much-needed talk about their future and children of their own — his presence is not likely to be a romantic deterrent, as others have speculated. "Arrow" may have utterly botched the execution of the Baby Mama Drama, but at least it had made it clear in the show that Oliver having a child is not an issue for Felicity. She's made this point four times to be exact:

Also, the reference to "somebody as loving as Felicity Smoak" makes me think this article is a dig at Comicbook.com's article.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- RG: “I think what I loved about what the writers did with Rene was show that we established him as being not a brute, but just someone who, like, can get his hands dirty. He’s single-minded in that realm. But the other side of Rene is someone who can be intellectual, who can be administrative, who can be someone that can help in many other areas and is unpredictable in that way.

sigh

• Love 2

Long before social media existed, tabloid newspapers loved to rake celebrities over the coals when they had a misstep in their personal lives, especially when it came to their marriages. From Eddie Fisher, to Mick Jagger, to Tom Cruise, to Ben Affleck, when a man leaves his woman, the gossip rags go crazy

Happily, social media and the tabloids have no reason to go after Stephen Amell. He seems crazy about his lovely wife, Cassandra Jean. His Instagram feed is full of photos of the couple rocking Coachella, lifting a pint or enjoying a vacation (like this photo). And he has no problem telling the world how happy she makes him. She must be an amazing woman to endure Amell’s long shooting schedule and hordes of crazy fans.

"Hordes of Crazy fans" okay CBR

jeni.gif

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Wow, being a decent father, starting a wine business, having a large number of followers on social media, and going to hockey games make people IRL superheroes? Raise those standards, Nancy. 

Ha I just looked at her twitter handle and she's the one that wrote that article calling Olicity the most annoying couple in the DC universe and then when Olicity fans replied with retorts she went on to various social media platforms to ask LL GA/BC to fight online with the Olicity fans in her support. She also told Olicity fans that she included them for the clicks.

This bit of genius:

Without a doubt, the most annoying relationship in the Arrowverse is Oliver and Felicity, known affectionately to ‘shippers as Olicity. From the moment the quirky, yet gorgeous, Felicity Smoak let loose with a torrent of gibberish in the presence of Oliver Queen, some fans felt that the fates had spoken, that Oliver and Felicity were meant to be together.

Other fans, however, don’t see how Felicity and Oliver make sense as a couple at all. The two of them give off an older brother / younger sister vibe. Plus, she and Ray had much more in common than Oliver and Felicity. As for Oliver, he and Laurel have always seemed to understand each other, and support each other, on a much more equal level. Arrow should stop teasing ‘shippers, and stop torturing everyone else, by ending Olicity once and for all.

Edited by LeighAn

I don't really even care how she feels about Olicity, the whole write-up is dumb. Fifteen points about him being an IRL superhero and only one of them is even remotely "heroic." And even in that one she only focused on his F*ck Cancer work when he's done stuff for a whole lot of other things. And instead of posting about his cousin, or sticking up for Grant Gustin, or his sportsmanship (TWICE), she couldn't have mentioned something like giving his necklace to that little girl who had cancer at SDCC? I mean, not exactly heroic either, but a nice thing to do and certainly more on message than hockey games, salmon ladders, and doing stuff with the WWE. 

• Love 19

Support for how distorted her thinking is.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

As for Oliver, he and Laurel have always seemed to understand each other, and support each other, on a much more equal level. Arrow should stop teasing ‘shippers, and stop torturing everyone else, by ending Olicity once and for all.

Like when Laurel got angry at him in a hospital corridor for never treating her like his equal?  sigh  I always wonder what show these people are watching.

However, I can agree with the "stop teasing shippers" with things that are never going to happen by doing things like bringing back the Black Siren as a regular.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Ha I just looked at her twitter handle and she's the one that wrote that article calling Olicity the most annoying couple in the DC universe and then when Olicity fans replied with retorts she went on to various social media platforms to ask LL GA/BC to fight online with the Olicity fans in her support. She also told Olicity fans that she included them for the clicks.

Ohh, I remember her. She's the one whose whole twitter timeline is clickbait ads and I think she tagged her tweet about her article with Olicity so it drew a lot of attention to her account. Professional troll that happens to also have a writing gig for CBR (which lately only has one person that writes actual articles, and contractors that only write lists)

12 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Happily, social media and the tabloids have no reason to go after Stephen Amell. He seems crazy about his lovely wife, Cassandra Jean. His Instagram feed is full of photos of the couple rocking Coachella, lifting a pint or enjoying a vacation (like this photo). And he has no problem telling the world how happy she makes him. She must be an amazing woman to endure Amell’s long shooting schedule and hordes of crazy fans.

I know this might be rude but I have a hard time feeling bad for someone who doesn't have to work, can have an around the clock nanny for her child and live her life accompanying her husband on his work trips. She has a lot of perks in this life by being married to him. So while it is not cool to hate on someone online, she will probably be able to handle a few 'crazy' fans as the 'downside'. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Superhero Physiques

SA was included in this before and after of superhero physiques on Pajiba. I don't know that there was that much time between the two pics, though. 

Wasn't the after photo before the before photo? 

I thought the wrestling event was in season 4?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

I know this might be rude but I have a hard time feeling bad for someone who doesn't have to work, can have an around the clock nanny for her child and live her life accompanying her husband on his work trips. She has a lot of perks in this life by being married to him. So while it is not cool to hate on someone online, she will probably be able to handle a few 'crazy' fans as the 'downside'. 

She didn't sign up for the fanbase. Stephen did and he enjoys it. Even if she can handle it it still sucks that she must put up with it.

People feel bad for the cast dealing with crazy fans, she doesn't even work on the show. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

She didn't sign up for the fanbase. Stephen did and he enjoys it. Even if she can handle it it still sucks that she must put up with it.

People feel bad for the cast dealing with crazy fans, she doesn't even work on the show. 

She seems to have an active social life, goes on over seas trips with her famous attractive husband, has a nanny even though she doesn't work, and lives in their expensive and beautiful Los Angeles mansion while splitting time in there two other properties/mansions in Vancouver and Palm Springs and Stephens also talking about buying a fourth property in Walla Walla, and unless she actually follows Arrow fans on her social media accounts the likely hood that his "hordes of crazy fans" actually affect her life in any real way is like 0.005%. By all accounts she looks pretty happy with her life. 

I think people spend more time ranting and raving about how horrible it must be for Stephens wife then his wife does thinking about them. Stephen is a very no fucks to give kind of guy. If he really thought his wife was being attacked or if his wife gave the impression fans were affecting her he would have made like ten face book posts or videos by now. The fact that he doesn't to me says they are secure in their marriage and/or this whole belief that Cassandra is attacked or harassed by fans is exaggerated by people with their own agendas.

• Love 2

Hm, it looks like there's another Arrow book in the works:

Arrow Novel 3

The untold story bridging between ARROW seasons 5 and 6, exclusive to this novel! In the devastating aftermath of season five, Team Arrow must resume their mission to protect Star City. Those who have survived Chase’s trap on Lian Yu discover that his plans did not end there. If his legacies aren’t stopped, countless more will die. Co-authored by Arrow series producer Marc Guggenheim and James R. Tuck (Robin Hood: Mark of the Black Arrow).

Print Length: 320 pages

Publisher: Titan Books (January 30, 2018)

Publication Date: January 30, 2018

Language: English

Source

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 2

For the record : 

Spoiler

If he puts all the Olicity reunion goodness here (I.e they actually do something stupid like marry them during the hiatus) and not on the show, I'll scream.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Chaser said:

For the record : 

Reveal hidden contents

If he puts all the Olicity reunion goodness here (I.e they actually do something stupid like marry them during the hiatus) and not on the show, I'll scream.

Considering all the hanging out scenes and flirty goodness in the 2.5 comics compared to the 5 minutes we got on screen in 3.01 , I'd say your fears are well founded.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Considering all the hanging out scenes and flirty goodness in the 2.5 comics compared to the 5 minutes we got on screen in 3.01 , I'd say your fears are well founded.

Why do people think the network and WB would allow that? 

20 hours ago, strikera0 said:

Hm, it looks like there's another Arrow book in the works:

Great - something else I may have to buy in order to understand this show. :( ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Ha!

The Most Loathed TV Characters of All Time

Laurel Lance, Arrow

Arrow's never known what to do with Laurel. She's bounced around various love interests and gone from a dogged attorney hunting the Hood to an alcoholic damsel in distress. Who can keep track of whose team she's on? She lives as Black Canary, she dies, she's back as Black Siren... it's chaos.

http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/loathed-tv-characters-1049721/6/

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 15