Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Sara2009

Jane Lynch returns after 8 years to Criminal Minds:

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com

Eight years is enough. Jane Lynch will reprise her role as Reid’s mother Diana on Criminal Minds this season for the first time since 2008, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Lynch will appear in two episodes early next year for a “heavy Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) story,” executive producer Erica Messer tells TVGuide.com. Her first appearance will come in Episode 11.

“We’re really excited. It’s a fun Reid story and she’s really excited to come back and reprise her role,” Messer says. “She’s been a busy lady and we’re still here, so we’re happy to be able to offer that opportunity for her to come back.”

1 hour ago, caracas1914 said:

“We’re really excited. It’s a fun Reid story and she’s really excited to come back and reprise her role,” Messer says. “She’s been a busy lady and we’re still here, so we’re happy to be able to offer that opportunity for her to come back.”

It's simple network synergy, if they were being honest. Angel from Hell may have been crap which didn't even finish 1 season, but it makes CBS her last "regular" employer (at least until Hollywood Game Night next comes back). I'm sure she did it because she wants the chance to do more pilots for CBS in the future.

The Jackal Group owned by Gail Berman is working on a musical comedy project called Royalties starring Darren Criss, which centers on a trio of songwriters at a Burbank recording complex enduring the minutiae of issues in the music business while collaborating to crack the next saccharine hit song of the summer… Allyn Rachel & Patrick Carlyle (Couple Time webseries) are the writers. 20th Century FOX Television is the studio.

http://season-zero.com/scoop-darren-criss-damon-wayans-jr-how-i-met-your-mothers-creators-back-at-fox-with-comedy-projects/

Meh.

Saw a tweet from Lea Michele and it reminded me that Laura Dreyfuss (Madison, season 6) is one of the leads in "Dear Evan Hansen" which recently made the jump to Broadway.  It received great off Broadway reviews.  Also Samantha Ware (Jane, season 6) is playing Peggy Schulyer/Maria Reynolnds in the Chicago production of "Hamilton."  Congratulations to them both.

• Love 1

The thing with Amber was that her career goal had always been to be a singer, (she had auditioned for American Idol before Glee) and the role of Mercedes sort of fell in her lap as her first professional acting gig and from what I read,zero acting school background.

She wasn't a "natural" (unlike say Chris Colfer) actor but she's been able to build up some credits and it's nice to see she's gotten some good personal reviews not just for her singing but her acting in the role of Effie.

Already people are speculating when this production will make a transition to Broadway.

• Love 3

I'm very happy for Amber; she has an amazing voice. It would be cool if she transitions to Broadway with the show. I hope she is taking good care of her voice because doing musical theatre week after week, month after month can be stressful on the vocal cords.

Edited by Casual Viewing

Interesting. It could really take Darren's career in a new dramatic direction, and there is at least a fair chance he's up for an Emmy if it hits.   

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

That I'll be watching. I gave up on AHS midway through S01 so I don't know how Darren did in that guest role. 

People vs O.J. was great TV. It helped that it had a solid source material and Ryan was just directing a bit and overall producing, not writing. But even there I had to power through Cuba Gooding who was a head-scratching casting and a predictable letdown of a performance.

For Versace, Edgar Ramirez is a brilliant choice. Darren sounds to me more like a Cuba than a Sterling K. Brown potential but let's see what he can do. Funny that his brother is much more of a Cunanan doppelganger while Darren is very white-passing. 

Edited by fakeempress

Darren is a pretty good choice. I do think he's stuck as a Ryan Murphy player, and I don't mean that as a criticism. Ryan Murphy as much as I loathe his work cast with a different look to the rest of Hollywood. I mean he was cast as a love interest which only Crazy Ex-Friend has also done recently with a Filipino man, and they also acknowledge he was Filipino and went to great lengths to get the details right unlike Glee. 

On another subject, wasn't Kevin McHale cast in When we Rise? He's definitely not in the trailer, and he's not in the imdb page, and I'm sure he was at one point. Looks like he's ended on the cutting room floor. 

ETA:

I know he's also been cast by Berlanti too, but he's kinda Murphy lite. He can actually do what Murphy does well, but he's got the misogyny, racism and ableism right down. 

Edited by AutisticSpoonie

Now which RM show will Chord end up on?  Ryan was re-developing this movie project which was in the Sony leaks, about a former band coming back together, for a TV series with Gwyneth co-producing and starring. No word of that lately, though. 

As an aside, the cc tinhatters (unbelievably, they are still here!) are abuzz because apparently the first version of the article on Chris contained this reference, shortly after removed:

"Colfer's news comes a day after his former on-screen love interest Darren Criss reunited with Murphy with a starring role on season three of anthology American Crime Story."

The same reporter also wrote the Darren article and must've thought, how cute, lemme sneak in a reference to my other piece.  I guess Chris's PR was alert at the wheel and swooped in. 

The tinhatters meanwhile think Chris's people meant this sentence to be there but Darren's "Evil Management" made the reporter delete it to preserve the secret of their forbidden love or some such. I guess "Management" also took care of other corrections cause at first it read as if Chris already produced and starred in a Land of Stories movie, not Struck by Lightning.   

Edited by fakeempress

Now which RM show will Chord end up on?

I still wonder how he missed out on Kato Kaelin in People vs OJ. That would had been on the nose casting for him.

FWIW I remember reading that Chord wasn't all that popular with the network brass mainly because he did taunt fans, especially during the Sam/Brittnay storyline in Season 4, on social media.

26 minutes ago, AutisticSpoonie said:

Playing yet another disabled person. He really is on a One man mission to ensure disabled actors in Hollywood stay out of work. 

I don't see Darren refusing to play gays but nobody's calling him out for taking work away from gay actors.  Kevin didn't hire himself, your demands should be directed to the production.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, AutisticSpoonie said:

This could great, or could be very saviour like. I haven't read Chris' books so I'm interested to see. I'm sure it'll appeal to those who like Stranger Things. 

Chris's writing tends to have an edge to it, so I don't see it going into "saviour" territory. Not with how self-deprecating he is. One thing that I definitely appreciated about Struck By Lightning is that he let his character be a real asshole. A somewhat sympathetic asshole, but an asshole nevertheless.

This premise sounds intriguing and I'm curious to see what Chris does with it. And I'm glad to see him stretching his wings, as an actor, writer and now director. Am curious to see what network picks it up.

• Love 1

Ex glee cast has been a bit busy  with news this past week or so.

59 minutes ago, fakeempress said:

Wish her luck. I'll be on board if it's like a millennial version of Spin City.

I thought Spin City too.

I'll be passing on this season then. Also, isn't she a bit of a ringer, she's got the same training as some of the professionals, she's been a professional dancer, I don't know if this has happened before but it seems a little unfair. 

Fans of the British version call foul if someone went to stage school twenty years ago. 

(edited)

Darren and Chuck Criss started a band. Announcement via  a"humble video" (tm Darrren) that "no one will see"  -- because it's not like Darren didn't tweet and stuff about it.

Jokes aside, I am on record here that he'd be better served by the indie route, and his brother's band was actually good if that's any indication.

Edited by fakeempress