Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Sara2009

Technically he has 2.  One for Spring Awakening also.

Did he actually get a Grammy for Spring Awakening though? He was part of the Grammy award winning album, but I don't think the cast received individual recognition/ a Grammy back then, only Sheik, Sater & the engineer did.   Whereas with Hamilton all the principle soloists are listed by name in the nomination and therefore win the Grammy.

Technically Jonathan is also part of an Academy Award winning album (Frozen) but since he only sang for about 45 seconds and the Oscar goes to the composers, that doesn't really count.  Still it's awesome (wow!) that he's been involved in such great projects since leaving Glee and I love his songs/voice in Hamilton. 

Edited by Casual Viewing

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is out in a few IMAX and on Netflix now.

If Harry wasn't in the movie I would have never know.  Seems IMAX owner not happy it went to Netflix too.

Odd.

it opened with $ 32 million in China.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon-sword-of-destiny-sequel-china-box-office-netflix-1201709675/

I had always assumed that the original movie was "big" enough for the sequel to merit a major studio release but I am no expert on the matter. I can see how it could make alot of money on Netfix though if word of mouth is strong enough.

Edited by Pink ranger

It's almost unprecedented that whole worldwide Nefflix rollout for Harry's movie. I wonder how many more films might go that release route (Netflix and theatrical simultaneous) in the future.

For now Harry has bragging rights that he's starring in a movie that has grossed more money than any other film with the cast in it in a leading role. The China box office alone is probably more than the total production costs of Dianna's dozen indie films.

(edited)

Matthews shepard character in younger has sex with his sheep! OMG

That show had me closer to punching my screen than Glee ever did. I only watched half of one episode.

Edited by jaytee1812

Matthews shepard character in younger has sex with his sheep! OMG

This reads like a clickbait article. Can anyone translate? I tried to google it and only get articles about Matthew Shepard.

I get what the poster is saying though. I mean I don't mind hearing about the time she shit herself, but don't tell people to switch off when you need listeners, and don't tell women men get paid more because men are worth it.

I'm now hoping Jacob Artist and Blake Jenner were getting paid more than she did.

If she has an attitude like that it might explain why she had two acting jobs since glee, she's a good actress but she's ten a penny. And there a just as talented actresses that don't have an attitude problem.

(edited)

She said she was like Kitty I guess I just do not think she is like Kitty trying to pick fights or insult people to their faces.  That is what I meant by vile being a stretch.   Her  "vile" tendencies for me is some of her TMI moments not her opinions.    I obviously do not agree with some of them and frankly think she doesn't get the whole picture with the money issue.

I think she could use some more tack.   But  just becasue she is wide open here doesn't mean she is like that on a set.

Edited by tom87

I think she could use some more tack.   But  just becasue she is wide open her doesn't mean she is like that on a set.

True.

But I also get the impression she doesn't like being an actress, maybe I'm wrong, but one thing that comes over a lot about her co-hosts and her guests that I've listened to is about how much they love what they do. She doesn't have that, or it doesn't come across. Wouldn't surprise me if she started presenting or did something away from Hollywood.

True.

But I also get the impression she doesn't like being an actress, maybe I'm wrong, but one thing that comes over a lot about her co-hosts and her guests that I've listened to is about how much they love what they do. She doesn't have that, or it doesn't come across. Wouldn't surprise me if she started presenting or did something away from Hollywood.

Not sure her feelings on acting itself but she doesn't like the ins and outs of Hollywood for sure.

Not sure her feelings on acting itself but she doesn't like the ins and outs of Hollywood for sure.

As someone who loved her job but hated the politics you had to play while at that job... I understand her perspective.

• Love 1

If I had a dime for every actor who says they love acting but loathe the politics of Hollywood.

It can't be easy for actresses in particular (and don't get me started on actors that are visibly ethnic, i.e. Black, Latino, Asian, etc ) with all the pressures of appearances and networking required, among other things.

For now I will say Becca lacks tact, and IMO, like so many young women, has a glaring lack of awareness of gender equality. To say that men get paid more because they deserve it, the woman is downright ignorant.

• Love 1

I kind of expect that lack of awareness for women in their late teen, early 20s, Becca is 30. I don't think she even noticed the men she was talking about (those who can open movies) are almost exclusively white.

I struggle to understand how you can be surrounded by something and not understand it.

On a slightly brighter note, I've been watching Shadowhunters, and a few other things Harry's been in, and I know this might be an outlandish suggestion to some, but I now think he's the best male actor that was on Glee. Well I'll exclude guest stars only because of that one episode Victor Garber was in. He just absolutely becomes every character with every part of his body.

(edited)

I haven't seen Harry in anything else, but I'm not surprised that he's better than " Glee" allowed him to show.

I'd say that for most of the cast members, though.

Edited by Sara2009
  • Love 3

I always though Harry was very steady as Mike but overall never got much to work with.  His only really drama was with his parents and he handle it well.  Mike however was a even keel kind of guy so there just wasn't much to explore.

Some other supporting characters who got a few bits of drama here and there were not as consistent imo.

I tried watching Shadowhunters but its just not my thing.

Edited by tom87

I kind of expect that lack of awareness for women in their late teen, early 20s, Becca is 30. I don't think she even noticed the men she was talking about (those who can open movies) are almost exclusively white.

I struggle to understand how you can be surrounded by something and not understand it.

On a slightly brighter note, I've been watching Shadowhunters, and a few other things Harry's been in, and I know this might be an outlandish suggestion to some, but I now think he's the best male actor that was on Glee. Well I'll exclude guest stars only because of that one episode Victor Garber was in. He just absolutely becomes every character with every part of his body.

I think some people just doesn't want to understand certain stuff. I think it is because it makes them queston stuff about themselves and make the world seems too complicated and hard.

As for Harry, I don't think he was the best male actor on Glee but I'm honestly surprise at how great his on Shadowhunters. I don't watch that show because it's not my thing but I see a bunch of clips of him on my dash and he is doing really,really great on that show. I really hope the show becomes a great success for him.

Always though Harry was very steady as Mike but overall never got much to work with.  His only really drama was with his parents and he handle it well.  Mike however was a even keel kind of guy so there just wasn't much to explore.

If Glee had wanted to showcase Mike (or any of the secondary or tertiary characters) more, they could and would have. Just look at Becky. Writers write.  Their job is to deliver what the showrunners/network ask for. If RM and Co asked them to focus more on Mike, they would have found areas to explore. That obviously didn't happen, and the the Glee characters that stayed in the background stayed there because that’s what Glee wanted.  Period.

I mean, just look at the show, Family Matters. That show was supposed to be a star vehicle for Carl, but the network wanted more Urkel, so guess what?  We got more Urkel. We got A LOT more Urkel.  The same is true for any show.  So it's not like Glee was hamstrung by circumstances (Cory's death being the unfortunate exception).  Everything else they did was very deliberate. 

IA about Shadowhunters though.  I’m happy for Harry, but it’s not my thing either.

Edited by LydiaMoon1

If Glee had wanted to showcase Mike (or any of the secondary or tertiary characters) more, they could and would have. Just look at Becky. Writers write.  Their job is to deliver what the showrunners/network ask for. If RM and Co asked them to focus more on Mike, they would have found areas to explore. That obviously didn't happen, and the the Glee characters that stayed in the background stayed there because that’s what Glee wanted.  Period.

I mean, just look at the show, Family Matters. That show was supposed to be a star vehicle for Carl, but the network wanted more Urkel, so guess what?  We got more Urkel. We got A LOT more Urkel.  The same is true for any show.  So it's not like Glee was hamstrung by circumstances (Cory's death being the unfortunate exception).  Everything else they did was very deliberate. 

IA about Shadowhunters though.  I’m happy for Harry, but it’s not my thing either.

Well of course  they could have come up with some dumb story but as a whole they had him even keel.  He did what he could with that.   He was lucky they didn't have him hit his head and have amnesia so they could reset his character.

I had no problem with supporting  characters be just that, When they tried to give everyone more like Becky it started to fall a part  imo.

• Love 1

And he's never lied!

He did lie in how many would survive but he did say early on that the some characters would  just be in different setting new mystery.

Not gonna argue he doesn't lie but I do think sometimes it was his intention to this or that  but plans changed.  So he really should keep his mouth shut more often than not.

Ryan Murphy? Never, but hey,I guess lightning can strike once.

I never implied he never lied just that in this case he didn't on the one point that the characters would move on

Edited by tom87

Watching Matthew Morrison in The Good Wife, it's just as well he was opposite the weaker actors on Glee, because he's weak as hell opposite the great actors on The Good Wife.

I see nothing wrong with his portrayal. I agree the character isn't anything much.

And Matt's main acting partner was mostly  Emmy winner Jane Lynch. 

Edited by tom87

I see nothing wrong with his portrayal. I agree the character isn't anything much.

And Matt's main acting partner was mostly

Emmy winner Jane Lynch.

Yeah, I don't think this role will make or break him. It won't bring his career to new heights, but it won't ruin it either. It's a nice thing he can add to his resume, though.

Yeah, I don't think this role will make or break him. It won't bring his career to new heights, but it won't ruin it either. It's a nice thing he can add to his resume, though.

He is playing a lawyer in a show full of lawyers.  Nice little gig with a nice little paycheck.