Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

My point is that she has connections; probably at least as many as Beth.  My original comment was in response to someone suggesting that she was getting friendly with Beth simply because she wanted to be friends with someone "connected" and I think the very notion is laughable.

You've just given me something to look forward to for next season now that Heather is gone.  Yes, I believe that Carole has some connections but moreso, I believe she needs a savior to pull her out of this career slump she's put herself in.  And I think she's going to try attaching her little tugboat to Bethenny's yacht while waiting for her ship to come in.  This, I think we shall see in Season 8.  I don't think it matters who has more or better connections.  Carole is a follower in need of a leader.  I don't think she's latching on to Beth so much for the connections as it is for the direction.

And bothered to the point that they believe they know what those people of note/respect actually think about their friend. Pretty hilarious.

Hilarious that we speculate about these HWs and their "friends"??   Then we're all a bunch of comedians.  I'll play mathematician, too, and take a wild guess that 80% of the posts on these forums are based on speculation and opinion.  All any of us are doing is writing what we think we know.  I don't find it hilarious (well, we often are) as much as I just find it fun until someone gets their pants in a wad.

• Love 5

And doing radio spots from a car dealer at some remote location in Pennsylvania. I think she had connections. I did, too, at one time. Like Jill, I ran with a fabulous circle of people. People come and go from your life all the time.

It would be hard for someone like Diane Sawyer to be friends with Carole now. Diane fought hard to make it where she is today - paved the way for many female new anchors. I think it probably pains her to see a woman, like Carole, go from serious journalist and novelist to the moron that we see today.

Not to take anything away from Diane (love her), but Barbara Walters, Connie Chung, Elizabeth Vargas, and Katie Couric, paved the way for Diane.

• Love 2

Not to take anything away from Diane (love her), but Barbara Walters, Connie Chung, Elizabeth Vargas, and Katie Couric, paved the way for Diane.

I know, but Diane is the one that Carole is supposedly friends with. 

• Love 1

i don't when the interviews were done for the 100 episodes but it's very apparent that carole has had extensive work done on her face since the taping of the reunion.  NOT A GOOD LOOK.  SO PLASTIC

She had a nose job, that's a given.  

• Love 2

I know, but Diane is the one that Carole is supposedly friends with.

Carole's deceased husband was Diane Sawyer's producer for TEN YEARS while Diane was on Primetime and in fact, during his last month fighting cancer, Anthony and Carole lived at Diane and Mike Nichols' vacation home on Martha's Vineyard.  

I'll grant you Barbara Walters paved the way for Diane, but Elizabeth Vargas is 20 years younger. Katie is a contemporary.  She has often said that she preferred to do actual interviews over having an anchor position.  

• Love 4

i don't when the interviews were done for the 100 episodes but it's very apparent that carole has had extensive work done on her face since the taping of the reunion.  NOT A GOOD LOOK.  SO PLASTIC

She had a nose job, that's a given.  

It's much better looking now, but I miss her nontraditional features that were beautiful in an interesting, pretty-ugly SJP way.

I think they did run deeper.  In the 90s.  Now not so much.  If she was that well-connected I'm not sure why she's doing this show full of wannabes (and Heather and Bethenny busily promoting their brands).  I could believe she went on to promote her book.  But that book is out now and has been for ages.  And the new one--the one that was always gonna be a book of essays but which she pretended would be a sequel to The Widow's Guide and is now pretending it'll be a collection of thoughts about her dating experiences--isn't even written never mind published.  So what's her excuse right now?

I'm curious about this. When did Carole pretend that this next book would be a sequel to Widow's Guide? From all I've heard her mention (like, since the end of season six after that who ridiculousness with Aviva) and all I've read here and there, a "collection of essays" is the phrase I've seen bandied about (from her as well) regarding this next publication. 

I'm also curious how "a book of essays" differs from "a collection of thoughts about her dating experiences." The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

You know, I've only watched the first part and half of the second.  But I actually liked Carole in the Reunion.  If she was like that all the time I'd really like her.  She seemed sane, balanced, low-key.  She made a ton of good points and scored off The Countess really well.  Keep this up (and shut up about the book!) and I'll change my mind about her.  

I'm curious about this. When did Carole pretend that this next book would be a sequel to Widow's Guide? From all I've heard her mention (like, since the end of season six after that who ridiculousness with Aviva) and all I've read here and there, a "collection of essays" is the phrase I've seen bandied about (from her as well) regarding this next publication.

It was kind of a throwaway line actually right before she mentioned the essays.  I think she said she was supposed to do a sequel to the WG but changed it.  She mentioned it at some point I think mid-season.  But my info is that the 'collection of essays' were  originally supposed to do with her professional life, contacts with Kennedy Clan people etc.  Playing off her undoubtedly extensive Rolodex.  

• Love 1

Keep this up (and shut up about the book!) and I'll change my mind about her. 

I thought about this and if I could change my mind about her.  Nope.

It would be easier for me to change my mind about Heather.  As much as I dislike her, Heather is who she is. I just don't happen to like loud, bossy, "I'm up here, you're down there" people.  So that's merely a personality conflict between us.  Carole, on the other hand, is such a phony follower, lazy, try hard.  And I don't even think that's what she is but for some reason, this is who she wants us to THINK she is. Why? So lame and unbecoming to a woman of her advancing years and accomplishments.  And I speak as someone her age.  I also think she's a liar.

• Love 7

Carole is a phony to me.  So she was a journalist for a few years.  So were kazillions of other people.  Her big claim to fame happened when she married it.   She's no hipper or cooler or better than the others - unless you count a knack for alignging with the rich and famous which Carole seems to do quite well.

I was never a huge fan and I'm pretty much disinterested in her at this point.  Sorry to be harsh but she has nothing to offer other than connections.

• Love 7

^^^^ who in any of these RHW shows have anything to offer. Every single on of them, across all shows are thirsty as I have ever seen women be. 

I agree about them all being thirsty, but the others seem to have something to offer - to their friends, their families, their employees, to their charities.  Carole has shown me not much of anything.  She couldn't even be arsed to throw a decent dinner party for her friends until Adam came along. 

She doesn't work, she doesn't plan anything.  Maybe now that Heather is gone and she's saddling up to Bethenny, Bethenny can try to inspire Carole like she tried to do with Sonja.  Anything would be an improvement.

• Love 3

In general I've found her to be extremely unattractive.  But she came over as sane at the Reunion.  I could see spending time with the woman she appeared to be then.  But that would mean excising all references to her novel and book of essays.  Because all I can think of, when she goes on about how she hasn't done any work and the deadline has been pushed back etc, is that poor editor who bought the projects for far too much money at a house that really can't afford that kind of flier and who is probably now under extreme pressure to get the essays in and saleable.

• Love 3

This commenter has it right:

lgac123 Put a fucking helmet on and stop putting the poor dog in the basket.

But...but....it's so edgy.  And cute! 

Does anyone know when filming begins for next season?  I think Carole and Adam are over and if they are, I wonder if it will it be addressed on the show?

celebs_Carole_Radz_3399324k.jpg

• Love 1

Does anyone know when filming begins for next season?  I think Carole and Adam are over and if they are, I wonder if it will it be addressed on the show?

Even if they are dunzo, I could see her pulling a Kelly and hiring a young dude to play her boyfriend.
  • Love 3

In that scene, the baby talk and wide-eyed wonder that cigarettes might be harmful - even if a joke - makes me weep for the serious journalist that she used to be.

I always took that scene (and I re-watched it) as Carole trying to be glib with a situation that had Aviva literally clutching at her chest in shock. Don't most people do that, when someone expresses horror or disgust at their actions? They look for ways to counter with "oh, it's not so bad…" I figured, too, that Carole knew that "it's a PINK cigarette…how harmful can it be?" argument was specious at best, but just went with it. I think "Yeah, I know these can cause cancer, but so what?" would have been much worse.

(I admit, Carole's got some scenes that do her no favors, and the nail polish naming session is definitely up there.)

The comparison of Sonja to Patsy Stone was brilliant. A little bit of Eddie too with the desperate social climbing ("not Shepherd's Bush, darling…HOLLAND PARK!")

I always took that scene (and I re-watched it) as Carole trying to be glib with a situation that had Aviva literally clutching at her chest in shock. Don't most people do that, when someone expresses horror or disgust at their actions? They look for ways to counter with "oh, it's not so bad…" I figured, too, that Carole knew that "it's a PINK cigarette…how harmful can it be?" argument was specious at best, but just went with it. I think "Yeah, I know these can cause cancer, but so what?" would have been much worse.

(I admit, Carole's got some scenes that do her no favors, and the nail polish naming session is definitely up there.)

The comparison of Sonja to Patsy Stone was brilliant. A little bit of Eddie too with the desperate social climbing ("not Shepherd's Bush, darling…HOLLAND PARK!")

I can see the comparison of Patsy and Sonja:

picture-3.pnge8e2238a77cf7d984666fe1e9be759a2.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Bolding mine

And, dare I say it?

So very very Hip!

Poor little dog is right. And I kinda' liked Carole...

• Love 2

And, dare I say it?

So very very Hip!

Hee!  If they, all 3, insist on riding on the same bike (like the dog has a choice) it could easily be modified so Carole could ride comfortably on the handlebars with foot rests coming out of the front axle and a seat on the handlebars.  A basket with a harness could be custom built for the dog over the rear wheels.  Although I'm not certain that any type of bike riding is necessarily safe on the streets of Manhattan.

Or Carole could just get her own damn bike.  I'm looking forward to whatever ridiculousness she brings to Season 8.

• Love 1

Still missing two helmets, but, hey, it's just the parents. Who needs those?

Good grief.

I gave up bicycle riding 'cuz it was too scary. And I live relatively rural.

Almost makes me want to see Kelley do her NYC jog. Almost.

• Love 3

tumblr_nnlnyv4nj21qk08n1o1_500.gif

By Tea and Giggles

Good god.

What has she done to herself?

Besides the bad lashes and botox.

ETA: If you're emojiing can you also be well and truly screwing?

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

Just, no. lol

Put down your phones!

Some things are better with both hands free. imho

LOL, I agree. I've never done that (never quite got my generation's phone obsession) but wholly believe it's practicable, though not practical.

Speaking of things I don't get, someone mentioned Carole's great ass in a RHOC thread. I like Carole but for the life of me I have not been able to find this "great ass" I've been hearing about since she joined RHONYC. Is it the simple fact that her tiny frame has an ass that makes said ass so remarkable? Or are standards just lower on the UES?

Not trying to be a dick (and I envy her her petite figure), this has just mystified me for years now.

• Love 1

When did Carol get an "estate" in the Hamptons?

I don't know.  I wrote in the media thread that maybe she sold her imaginary house in L.A. to finance her imaginary house in the Hamptons. 

I still haven't watched it.  Tonight, for sure.

• Love 2

When did Carol get an "estate" in the Hamptons?

She didn't. She and her husband, along with JFK, Jr., rented the same house in the Hamptons for several summers. She said she hadn't been back to the house for 20 years.

• Love 2

She didn't. She and her husband, along with JFK, Jr., rented the same house in the Hamptons for several summers. She said she hadn't been back to the house for 20 years.

Darn I missed it and don't see it On Demand! Hope you guys can post about it. I just love a good ghost story. Only thing I ever saw was orbs in my photos after my brother-in-law died young in photos with my sister and niece and nephew and at my mother-in-laws funeral. Then I took a photo of my house at night (built in 1855) there were lots of orbs over the roof and I almost forgot during my son's wedding during the ceremony.

• Love 1