Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

I have no issue with Carole wanting to show this part of life.  I just don't trust her, or especially Bravo, to show it with the dignity it, and he, deserves.

She's 82.  My mom knows who the Housewives are and she's 82.  Not nearly as snappy a dresser as Lee, nor is her daughter- in-law a castmember. Thinks all the franchises are utter trash but she knows. 

Do I think she's watching? In my imagination, she's sitting in front of the tube every Tuesday night with her fabulous NY friends in her signature leather jacket, smoking a cigarette, drinking wine and tsk-tsking Carole. I don't think she's tweeting, though. 

This pic is from a New York Times Style spread she did last year. She's still looks good. I'd say she should quit the ciggies but at 82, whatchugonnado?

82f4d4431021dcd443d190bb276b3f9c.jpg

Here is an earlier article.  http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/the-real-lee-radziwill/?_r=0  Interesting woman.  Carole is fortunate to still have her in her life. 

• Love 1

Here is an earlier article.  http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/the-real-lee-radziwill/?_r=0  Interesting woman.  Carole is fortunate to still have her in her life. 

lInteresting.  So are the comments.  Someone said that the era of the grand dames has faded away.  Instead, they're being replaced with the likes of the Kardashians.  And....Real Housewives. LOL

Didn't know she was besties with Warhol and Nureyev.  I just bookmarked another site, zoeysmom, that I don't have time to read now but looks interesting.  Just skimming it, it seems that Lee had an affair with Ari Onassis before she married the Prince??

Lee, Mick and Bianca. http://southernaristocracy.org/2013/10/04/lee-radziwill-princess-of-indecisiveness/

lee-mick-bianca.jpg?w=600&h=400

• Love 1

Wow.  I found her completely unbearable.  From her awareness of her beauty "from the word go", her "dull" step-father, "almost irrational social climbing" mother, and blind devotion to her drunken father, "a wonderful man", who only sometimes drank, "due to my mother’s constant nagging", she's every bit the snob her sister was.

• Love 4

I know Carole has been perceived by many as a SATC wanna-be this season, but it struck me tonight how she could rightfully be "Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy" and "my husband died," trotting it out for snob value and pulling the sympathy card in every single episode if she wanted. And yet she's never used it as a ploy, unlike Bethenny who continually harps on her childhood as an excuse for her general shittiness.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know Carole has been perceived by many as a SATC wanna-be this season, but it struck me tonight how she could rightfully be "Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy" and "my husband died," trotting it out for snob value and pulling the sympathy card in every single episode if she wanted. And yet she's never used it as a ploy, unlike Bethenny who continually harps on her childhood as an excuse for her general shittiness.

That's a great point. It's kind of shocking to me how Bethenny says she doesn't "wear" her story, but she probably does more than anyone on TV. Carole, on the other hand, had unspeakable tragedy in her life, and is only now, very slowly, starting to open up about it on the show - at the tail end of her third season. She was clearly guarded about her life with her husband and the Kennedys, and likely didn't want to exploit the story on TV, but I'm glad she's sharing some of it. I also think the pairing with Dorinda makes a lot of sense, and their conversations, at least so far, have been really interesting. I remember after I lost a parent, which was not a tragedy but of course very sad, there was such a stark difference between talking about it with friends who had lost a parent (or loved one), vs. ones who hadn't. I learned so much from folks with the same experience. Even in that one scene at the airport, I could see them bonding and learning from each other, which was nice.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 8

Carole's widowhood became relevant because of the retrieval of the urn.  There comes a time after many relationships, even if you haven't remarried, and the passage of years, to the world your marriage was a long time go.  What I appreciated is she was having some concern for all this and how it would effect her present relationship.  She and Dorinda did a good job of exchanging stories.  What I could not tolerate is Carole and Adam's "first big fight", just incredibly phony.  Adam had no clue.  I get they are the most mild mannered couple in the world.  I hate to say it there is a reason these shows can't survive on sweet little dinner parties, with lovely food and Carole's lovely table settings-they aren't all the riveting and talk of the big fight was just silly.  I thought the revelation of Dorinda's about being a fraud in Richard's world, and Carole agreeing as to Anthony's life was far more revealing than anything we have heard from Carole. 

Her primary res is in NYC.   I went to see the Rolling Stones last week and came away thinking that Mick Jagger is the sexiest older guy I've ever seen with my own two eyes.  In this interview, Lee traveled all over the country, on the Rolling Stones' tour bus, to concerts with Truman Capote to write an article for Rolling Stone magazine.  She had an awesome time, she says, but found Mick to be repulsive. How can that be??  She's a salty old broad.  This interview is from 2013.

And if she's not watching RHONY (I think she is LOL), I'm sure any number of her friends in NYC have clued her in that her boy's ashes are starring in next week's episode.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/t-magazine/100000002039335/interview-lee-radziwill.html

The rumour has always been that Lee abandoned her son when he had cancer.  Interesting woman, considered the true beauty of the family and not a very sympathetic character.

After reading her book, I got the impression that Lee Radziwill and Carole were not very close.

I have always wondered if Carole is unable to commit or remarry because she takes being the keeper of Anthony's memory and her widowhood paramount to committing to  new husband.  

She gained a lot from marrying him.  Money, semi-Kennedy connections and gaining the title of princess. if she remarries, is she till a princess? Is Lu still a countess?  Must be hard to give up.

She gained a lot from marrying him.  Money, semi-Kennedy connections and gaining the title of princess. if she remarries, is she till a princess? Is Lu still a countess?  Must be hard to give up.

She doesn't take that seriously. LuAnn, on the other hand.... I feel like I remember her once saying she would lose the title if she remarried, so she is still indeed a Countess. And she takes it very seriously!

• Love 3

She doesn't take that seriously. LuAnn, on the other hand.... I feel like I remember her once saying she would lose the title if she remarried, so she is still indeed a Countess. And she takes it very seriously!

She says she doesn't take it seriously, but mentions it a lot. If it wasn't important to her, I shouldn't know about it and be reminded of it.

I'd love to see what she did to the loft in her apartment.  It used to be an teeny office and closet, and I know it got remodelled with her recent reno, but they didn't show us what it is now.

• Love 1

She says she doesn't take it seriously, but mentions it a lot. If it wasn't important to her, I shouldn't know about it and be reminded of it.

It was used in her season one tag line (which she didn't choose), but when else has she mentioned it? I remember her specifically saying she doesn't use it or take it seriously - again, in season one, but that's it. I think it's even something that makes her roll her eyes at The Countess!

• Love 4

I'd love to see what she did to the loft in her apartment.  It used to be an teeny office and closet, and I know it got remodelled with her recent reno, but they didn't show us what it is now.

When outside of the first season? I had actually forgotten until Sonja or Dorinda brought it up I think in T&C.

The rumour has always been that Lee abandoned her son when he had cancer.  Interesting woman, considered the true beauty of the family and not a very sympathetic character.

After reading her book, I got the impression that Lee Radziwill and Carole were not very close.

I am not an expert of royal titles.  All I know is post WWII there was no kingdom for the Radziwills.  Prince Stanislaus moved to England and was denied the formal usage of his title so he was just Mr. Radziwll with a courtesy prince thrown in.  Anthony never used the title and I believe that if you don't use it, your wife just doesn't all of sudden become a princess.  Anthony's sister never used the title either.  Lee Radziwill has used the title on and off and it is just ridiculous.  She divorces the former prince remarries and divorces and wants to go back to being a princess.  So in essence Carole may enjoy the tongue in cheek aspect but there is no serious title there.  So if Carole hasn;t remarried for fear of having to give up her title there is precedence in the family you can use it whenever you want.

On the subject of Countess recently Luann and her ex and children were party of some Statue of Liberty event.  One thing is for certain whether she ever marries or not the de lesseps name will always be tied to the monument.  I hear the others making the Countess reference more than LuAnn these days.  Thank goodness for small favors.

On the subject of Countess recently Luann and her ex and children were party of some Statue of Liberty event.  One thing is for certain whether she ever marries or not the de lesseps name will always be tied to the monument.  I hear the others making the Countess reference more than LuAnn these days.  Thank goodness for small favors.

It seemed like she kind of let it go a little bit over the last two seasons (at least in comparison to how much she use to harp on it), but this season it seems to be back at full force. Her tagline "don't count out the Countess", and she uses it in her branding for her clothing line, as well as for her new Countess Vodka which apparently launches in the fall. Oh joy. More vodka from these chicks. 

• Love 3

I'd love to see what she did to the loft in her apartment. It used to be an teeny office and closet, and I know it got remodelled with her recent reno, but they didn't show us what it is now.

I remember her mentioning last season that she wanted to make that entire lofted room into one big closet, and she moved the little office area/nook into her kitchen. Given the layout of her apartment and the fact that she works from home and writes most of the time, I can understand why she decided to move her office down to the main area for easier access throughout the day; it probably got tiring going up and down those scary stairs multiple times a day versus maybe just 1-2 times daily to change outfits.

• Love 1

It seemed like she kind of let it go a little bit over the last two seasons (at least in comparison to how much she use to harp on it), but this season it seems to be back at full force. Her tagline "don't count out the Countess", and she uses it in her branding for her clothing line, as well as for her new Countess Vodka which apparently launches in the fall. Oh joy. More vodka from these chicks. 

I guess she use to refer to herself as The Countess now she just uses it to sell cheap make that affordable fashion and home products.

• Love 2

I would not say that Carol experienced unspeakable tragedy. She has experienced a gaping sadness and woe that more than quite a number of us have eperienced but unspeakable...

I agree it's a fairly melodramatic word, but I still think it fits. Her best friend and her husband - and the way they died, then her husband dying - all in a three week span. I remember Carole saying in her book that John and Carolyn were supporting her through Anthony's illness, and it was as though they were all going through it together, and they were going to be her support system after he died. And then boom - they're all gone, and so tragically, and she's alone.

• Love 7

The rumour has always been that Lee abandoned her son when he had cancer. Interesting woman, considered the true beauty of the family and not a very sympathetic character.

After reading her book, I got the impression that Lee Radziwill and Carole were not very close

After reading that article, I say good for Carole if they're not close. Lee seems to be an unpleasant pretentious creature, who basks in the heyday of her prime years. Her step-father raised her and paid for the snooty lifestyle she so embraced. But he's "dull" ( said with nose in the air, I'm sure). There's really not much difference between Lee and her Big Edie/Little Edie relatives. Other than the fact that the Edies were destitute, and weren't total assholes.

• Love 4
(edited)

Since Jackie O was Lee Radziwell's sister, Lee must have continued to use her maiden name "Radziwell" for herself and for Anthony instead of whatever Anthony's father's name was.  It's not unusual for a divorced woman to go back to using her maiden name but it is a little odd for her to use that name for her son since she was married.  I'm guessing that name had more clout than Anthony's father's name.

Edited by AnnA

Since Jackie O was Lee Radziwell's sister, Lee must have continued to use her maiden name "Radziwell" for herself and for Anthony instead of whatever Anthony's father's name was.  It's not unusual for a divorced woman to go back to using her maiden name but it is a little odd for her to use that name for her son since she was married.  I'm guessing that name had more clout than Anthony's father's name.

Radziwell is Anthony's father's sir name. Jackie and Lee's maiden name was Bouvier.

• Love 4

Radziwell is Anthony's father's sir name. Jackie and Lee's maiden name was Bouvier.

Damn!  Why did I think Jackie's maiden name was Radziwell?   Now that you mentioned it, I knew it was Bouvier.

I must be getting as crazy as the rest of the HWs.  LOL

After reading that article, I say good for Carole if they're not close. Lee seems to be an unpleasant pretentious creature, who basks in the heyday of her prime years. Her step-father raised her and paid for the snooty lifestyle she so embraced. But he's "dull" ( said with nose in the air, I'm sure). There's really not much difference between Lee and her Big Edie/Little Edie relatives. Other than the fact that the Edies were destitute, and weren't total assholes.

She's a total pill. Interesting life, though. No denying that.

• Love 2

Slightly off-topic, but if Liz Smith is to be believed, Lee is also a raging homophobe.

You had a legendary aversion to Jackie O.'s sister, Princess Lee Radziwill. What was it that set you off?

Well, she did something terrible. She was always a close friend of Truman Capote's. But then Capote got embroiled in that ridiculous libel suit with Gore Vidal over his claim that Vidal had been drunkenly kicked out of the White House. Lee is the one who told Capote the story, but when it ended up in court, she threw him to the wolves. All she had to do was tell the truth. But she refused, and Truman lost the lawsuit, which devastated him. During the trial, as a last-ditch effort, he asked me to call her and beg her to testify. And you know, Truman had done everything for her. He even tried to help her start an acting career. But when I called her and said, "Lee, you really must testify for Truman," she said, "Oh, Liz, what do we care; they're just a couple of f*gs! They're disgusting." I was so stunned, I just hung up. I've never spoken to her since.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/at-92-liz-smith-reveals-787004

• Love 8

I also think the pairing with Dorinda makes a lot of sense, and their conversations, at least so far, have been really interesting.

I've enjoyed this realness, except at the beginning of the season when Bethenny butted in and informed them that they should "rebrand death." What a fucking thoughtless thing to say to two widows.

• Love 14
(edited)

Slightly off-topic, but if Liz Smith is to be believed, Lee is also a raging homophobe.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/at-92-liz-smith-reveals-787004

Interesting. I don't think the following link is in the thread ( if it is, sorry-- I didn't go back to the beginning). It details the fallout between TC and his ladies who lunched, of whom Lee was one:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/1988/04/truman-capote-198804

In one of the upthread links, Lee said that she and Stas used to go to all the events at Buckingham Palace when JFK and Jackie were in town. This contradicts everything that's been previously reported -- that QE2 couldn't stand Stas, thought him a poseur and refused to add Stas and Lee to any guest list despite pleadings from the White House.

Edited by steelcitysister
(edited)

I also think the pairing with Dorinda makes a lot of sense, and their conversations, at least so far, have been really interesting. I remember after I lost a parent, which was not a tragedy but of course very sad, there was such a stark difference between talking about it with friends who had lost a parent (or loved one), vs. ones who hadn't. I learned so much from folks with the same experience. Even in that one scene at the airport, I could see them bonding and learning from each other, which was nice.

Nice and insightful scene.

Brian Moylan from Vulture said it better that I could : This wasn’t two women sharing their pain and coming to some sort of catharsis; this was two survivors sharing war stories, talking in that shared vernacular of a life lived. This is the commonality of experience when life isn’t all white wine and parties with step-and-repeats. This is about two women touching each other’s scars and not having to say much else about them because they both know how they got there.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/07/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-7-episode-16.html

Frankly, watching the previews of that storyline at the beginning of the season, I thought it would be cringeworthy to watch and was prepared to hate it. Instead, it was pleasant. Color me surprised! 

ETA : to erase some TMI thingy. 

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 6

Brian Moylan from Vulture said it better that I could : This wasn’t two women sharing their pain and coming to some sort of catharsis; this was two survivors sharing war stories, talking in that shared vernacular of a life lived. This is the commonality of experience when life isn’t all white wine and parties with step-and-repeats. This is about two women touching each other’s scars and not having to say much else about them because they both know how they got there.

That's so funny that you quoted my post with Brian Moylan's! I read the Vulture recap after I posted, and I kinda got a kick out of him expressing such a similar thought, only in such a more poignant and well-written way. i don't agree with him 100% of the time, but definitely most of the time, and he's always been a Carole fan, and writes about her with a lot of insight and relatability. Shout-out to MotorcityMom for introducing me to his recaps!

• Love 4

I've enjoyed this realness, except at the beginning of the season when Bethenny butted in and informed them that they should "rebrand death." What a fucking thoughtless thing to say to two widows.

I'm still annoyed with her for doing that! Talk about clueless. Just because she probably has fantasies about Jason dying doesn't mean she can joke around about women who have tragically lost husbands they loved. That was so over the line. 

• Love 9

Well it was blog time and LuAnn decided after a fairly nice account of the London ladies scenes decided to add: ". .  and regardless of how I feel about my friendship with Carole, I feel for her but I am not sure how the Radziwills feel about this being played out on television."  http://www.allabouttrh.com/luann-de-lesseps-criticizes-carole-radziwills-decision-to-air-personal-family-stories-on-rhony/#comment-2333389

So I thought well it was a question and LuAnn's in laws and ex are based out  France and Lee used to be Radziwill lives in Paris so it kind of sounded like a cover bases  comment.  I don't know why Carole does it but she gets on Twitter and just goes on and on about LuAnn, her mother or being a mother, her title her lack of class etc, etc.  Carole should take the stance of her late husband's best friend and cousin and not respond and limit her twitter attacks.

Since this seems to be the place for Radziwll articles found this one fascinating-Lee Radziwill http://southernaristocracy.org/2013/10/04/lee-radziwill-princess-of-indecisiveness/   The most interesting story involves Steel Magnolias Princess Di, Prince Charles. and Julia Roberts.  Lee has issues and is no princess.

I don't know why Carole does it but she gets on Twitter and just goes on and on about LuAnn, her mother or being a mother, her title her lack of class etc, etc.  Carole should take the stance of her late husband's best friend and cousin and not respond and limit her twitter attacks.

You know that's right.  Someone in Ramona's thread made a great point - Moaner came on this season with an excellent chance at redemption with her non-fans as the apologetic scorned woman.  But it lasted a red hot minute before she went right back to being her awful self. 

Carole lost points with a lot of people at the beginning of this season with her gummy bear, vomiting revelations et al.  She wins some back with the last episode and her blog.  Even some die hard non-fans are giving her some loving.  But yesterday on Twitter, she was responding/ranting to every single tweet.  She sounds mildly deranged.

WWJFKJRD? 

• Love 1
(edited)

You know that's right.  Someone in Ramona's thread made a great point - Moaner came on this season with an excellent chance at redemption with her non-fans as the apologetic scorned woman.  But it lasted a red hot minute before she went right back to being her awful self. 

Carole lost points with a lot of people at the beginning of this season with her gummy bear, vomiting revelations et al.  She wins some back with the last episode and her blog.  Even some die hard non-fans are giving her some loving.  But yesterday on Twitter, she was responding/ranting to every single tweet.  She sounds mildly deranged.

WWJFKJRD? 

LOL.  Maybe STFU?

Carole has a little street fighter in her.  She obviously is capable of overlooking others' peccadillos so why be so hard on LuAnn?  Geez her mother in law has done it all and then some.  Her father in law died leaving 30 million in debt, her husband and sister were provided for with trusts provided by Jackie Kennedy Onassis when their mother couldn't or wouldn't provide.  Let's bring it down a notch, faux princess.

I have to say I liked Carole's letter but the "not for a storyline" and not into drama is total bullshit.  What made it likeable were the moments between she and Dorinda.  The touch the urn trying to squeeze out a tear was a little dramatic.  I wonder if she has the same reaction in South Hampton? 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Carole Radziwill ‏@CaroleRadziwill  · 7h7 hours ago

The countesss is an angry woman who feels the need 2 make nasty digs. She does it 2 every1 usually behind their back

Carole Radziwill ‏@CaroleRadziwill  · 22h22 hours ago 

Carole Radziwill retweeted Jamie Bertolini

There will always be petty hateful people who feel better abt themselves by putting others down. They r 2 be pitied.

2 good 2 B 4 gotten.

Carole's tagline for next season:  "All I need to know I learned in junior high school."

• Love 3

2 good 2 B 4 gotten.

Carole's tagline for next season:  "All I need to know I learned in junior high school."

What LuAnn wrote wasn't a criticism or a putdown.  She wondered about the Radziwill's family reaction family's reaction.  Carole takes every opportunity to put down LuAnn's title-which is actually viable and her family by marriage reminder to the contribution to the US is right there New York Harbor, in the form of the Statute of Liberty.  Carole is coming off as jealous and pious.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure if it's pious or jealous, ZM, but it's something.  As my dad would say, "Something else."

It's unbecoming to a princess for sure.

I am going to go with asshole.  http://tvdeets.com/2015/07/30/carole-radziwill-continues-to-slam-luann-de-lesseps-on-twitter-whats-caroles-deal/  Someone tweeted something about Carole dropping acid and she corrected them it was only pot that made her throw up. Then she chewed the woman out.  If she is trying to come off as Anderson Cooper. . . major fail.

This is beginning to sound more like Brandi.

Edited by zoeysmom

I am going to go with asshole.  http://tvdeets.com/2015/07/30/carole-radziwill-continues-to-slam-luann-de-lesseps-on-twitter-whats-caroles-deal/  Someone tweeted something about Carole dropping acid and she corrected them it was only pot that made her throw up. Then she chewed the woman out.  If she is trying to come off as Anderson Cooper. . . major fail.

This is beginning to sound more like Brandi.

Carole's first response DOES sound like Brandi.  Carole isn't a falling down drunk, though.  Didn't she say 'acid' on the show?  Now she'll say she was just being funny.  Should we assume the vomiting didn't happen either?  And since it's opposite day in Caroleland, should we assume she might, in fact, have a ghost friend?  I love these 'ladies' and their social media. <3

https://twitter.com/tbwgtr/status/621164546762375168

What LuAnn wrote wasn't a criticism or a putdown.  She wondered about the Radziwill's family reaction family's reaction.  Carole takes every opportunity to put down LuAnn's title-which is actually viable and her family by marriage reminder to the contribution to the US is right there New York Harbor, in the form of the Statute of Liberty.  Carole is coming off as jealous and pious.

I disagree, what LuAnn said was a dig at Carole IMO. There was no reason for LuAnn to mention LR/family, none at all, especially in light that as far as we know, she does not know her/them. IMO, LuAnn is trying to use this episode to further her crusade against Carole, she does not mention the fact that Dorinda's late husband has 2 children that may not want their fathers death used/talked about on the show, just Carole's late husbands family.

• Love 12

I had to laugh at that TV Deets article.  Luanne has remained pretty calm about the situation, only speaking out in her blogs and interviews but Carole has tweeted up a storm?  Um.  Is Lu paying this person?  Or did the writer forget Lu's tweets from April?

https://us.beamly.com/tv-news/2015/04/29/countess-luann-slams-rhony-castmates-social-media/

Only speaking out in her blogs and interviews?  So that's ok.  Meanwhile, Carole hasn't written any blogs or given any interviews that I know of. 

And I do believe that Lu was throwing shade with the what would the Radziwells' think.  I don't think for a moment it was an 'innocent' reaction or thought.  Why would Lu care.  Because of the de lesseps?  Not.  Pure 'shade'.

To my knowledge, she did not say on the show that there was acid in the gummy bears. 

• Love 2

I disagree, what LuAnn said was a dig at Carole IMO. There was no reason for LuAnn to mention LR/family, none at all, especially in light that as far as we know, she does not know her/them. IMO, LuAnn is trying to use this episode to further her crusade against Carole, she does not mention the fact that Dorinda's late husband has 2 children that may not want their fathers death used/talked about on the show, just Carole's late husbands family.

Dig or not Carole is acting like a jackass.  The raunchy tweeting is an over the top reaction to a comment.  These LuAnn digs preceded her blog so I don't know what Carole is thinking.  Carole is the one in her open letter that claimed she did not discuss her husband's life or his family on camera (huge lie).  We heard plenty about Lee, lee's couch, Caroline, and John and I believe Jackie.  Just like the Jeep story and now the partial truth about the remains.  Carole thinks we don't pay attention and she is smarter than everyone.

Dorinda doesn't need her stepchildren's permission to discuss her feeling regarding her husband's death.  Dorinda won't even the reveal the illness that caused her husband's death. So I don't really see the comparison. Carole has written a book about her life with her husband and his death for profit so I think the public discussion part has sailed. What makes the Radziwill situation unique is the reason for the remains pick up.  And of course the actual handling of the urn, the laying down on the bed. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Dig or not Carole is acting like a jackass.  The raunchy tweeting is an over the top reaction to a comment.  These LuAnn digs preceded her blog so I don't know what Carole is thinking.  Carole is the one in her open letter that claimed she did not discuss her husband's life or his family on camera (huge lie).  We heard plenty about Lee, lee's couch, Caroline, and John and I believe Jackie.  Just like the Jeep story and now the partial truth about the remains.  Carole thinks we don't pay attention and she is smarter than everyone.

Dorinda doesn't need her stepchildren's permission to discuss her feeling regarding her husband's death.  Dorinda won't even the reveal the illness that caused her husband's death. So I don't really see the comparison. Carole has written a book about her life with her husband and his death for profit so I think the public discussion part has sailed. What makes the Radziwill situation unique is the reason for the remains pick up.  And of course the actual handling of the urn, the laying down on the bed. 

Yes, she has briefly touched on Anthony's death, JFKJr/CBK deaths and the couch but she has not gone into details about any of them like she has this season. She hasn't even gone into detail about her book/memoir, just a basic overview about it.

My point was and is, if you call out Carole, like LuAnn did in her blog, she needs to call out the other HW, Dorinda, that did the same thing as well and LuAnn was not talking about the book Carole wrote before joining the show. Oh, and Carole doesn't need LR permission to talk about this on the show either.

LuAnn was being an ass and trying to make sure that no one felt any sympathy for Carole, that comment was nothing more than what she, LuAnn, has been doing since before the season started, painting Carole in a bad light to keep her Apple and nothing more. LuAnn is a snake and will stop at nothing to keep her job.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
(edited)

What LuAnn wrote wasn't a criticism or a putdown. She wondered about the Radziwill's family reaction family's reaction. Carole takes every opportunity to put down LuAnn's title-which is actually viable and her family by marriage reminder to the contribution to the US is right there New York Harbor, in the form of the Statute of Liberty. Carole is coming off as jealous and pious.

I wonder how the de Lesseps family feels about LuAnn. But then she was just a fourth wife and is safely consigned to the déclassé states, where ladies say fuck and can't keep track of the bedfellow of the night before. Which is actually probably OK in Europe as long as ladies are discreet and stay off of reality TV.

I'm sure Luann's concern for the Radziwills is deep. Perhaps her Italian friends know the Radziwills personally.

Neither Carole nor Luann has behaved particularly well I think, but Luann has been harping on Carole for quite some time. The whole Girl Code and all. Ignoring it hasn't changed Lu's behavior. I am curious to see the blowup on the reunion.

Call me a sentimental fool, but I think Carole's emotion was real. As was Dorinda's. Even if it was on reality TV.

Edited by stinkogingko
  • Love 11

Carole is probably thinking that Lu was a jackass to start this whole deal and she is going to finish it. Good for her. Lu started some shit with someone who is smarter than her and has better character. Talk about a fool.

I've always thought that taking the high road didn't necessarily accomplish much, and there is a good example of that this season. Lu came after Carole hard at the beginning of the season (and Heather to a lesser degree). That's not opinion, that is what happened. It was reported on in many on-line sites, and Andy talked about it several times. She called in to embarrass Heather when she was in WWHL and basically accused H&C of stealing stuff from her home in the Hampton's. She got very ugly very fast. Carole responded quite vigorously on Twitter, and Heather did a little bit as well. Then Lu stopped and so did Carole. It stayed quiet until Lu did her Girl Code shit song and started doing constant media about what the song was about. Then Carole took to Twitter again. It might not be the best look, but what's wrong with her defending herself against Lu and her accusations? Are people who don't like her going to change their opinion of her if she doesn't respond? No, they will find another reason to dislike her, so she cannot win. Case in point....

Dorinda also went hard after Heather almost right out of the gate on Twitter. She also went hard after her in her blogs. Heather didn't go after Dorinda. She responded rarely, and usually with things like, "I have no idea what that was about". She didn't question her character. For the most part, she has taken a beating from another HW unlike any I have ever seen on Twitter before, mainly in that it was hard to understand what Heather had done. She wasn't badmouthing her, so why be so mean? But what has this gotten Heather? Do people who didn't like her before give her a bunch of props for this? Is she suddenly more popular because she has just taken this beating? Not really. Those who don't like her will just find something else she has done wrong. Some other place she didn't take the high road. She can't win for losing.

• Love 9
(edited)

I've always thought that taking the high road didn't necessarily accomplish much, and there is a good example of that this season.

But here is why taking the high road does accomplish something, imo.  Using Carole's tweet as an example:

So this Tracy Wright makes the comment to Carole. Not nice but a fair question. Carole responds back like Brandi would. Some more back and forth.  

Carol's fan, Paula, chimes in with "Um, that wasn't the issue..."  The beauty of Tracy's response back to Paula?  That there wasn't one.  She ignored her. Totally could have 'Ummed' her back, etc.  Hello, high road.

The beauty of her response to Carole?  She complimented her in the end. So who comes off looking like the bothered one.  Carole or Tracy?  Carole has engaged with almost every negative tweet she's got for the past two days.  It's just not good.  Shut them down by shutting up.

But what has this gotten Heather? Do people who didn't like her before give her a bunch of props for this? Is she suddenly more popular because she has just taken this beating? Not really. Those who don't like her will just find something else she has done wrong. Some other place she didn't take the high road. She can't win for losing.

This is going to shock you, mcm, but *I* gave her props.  You know I like reading their social media like it's my job.  And I was just thinking the other day that I respected Heather for not being a total Brandi on Twitter. Honest truth.

So yeah, in my head I gave her props.  But am I going to say that out loud?  Hell no. :-D  Still can't stand her but the dislike is a little less when she takes the high road when dealing with people who fight dirty, too. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2