Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Carole knew that Nicole still had deep and serious feelings for Adam. Nicole felt that Carole was enough of a friend that she spoke about the relationship and confided things in Carole who absolutely did not give a shit. It shows that Carole thinks only of herself since she was friendly with Nicole and again, Nicole felt that Carole was a friend and Carole was not, not in the least little bit.  Again, only a true cunt would publicly say that they don't care that someone who trusted them got hurt because of their actions.

Now I think Adam was a skunk himself. He  was given an opportunity by Luann to appear on the show and get some publicity. Instead he jumped ship with Carole knowing or at the very least not caring how it would affect his ex-girlfriend. He came off as a shameless opportunist using Carole for publicity, free vacations and the promise of a never gonna happen cook book. I think he liked Carole to a certain degree but if she had been Luann's housekeeper and not her guest then wouldn't have looked twice at her.

In season 8 after the kitten revelation Carole said that that she had set things up in her life to be temporary and now she feels that certain things in her life might not be so temporary after all. It was clear to me that she meant Adam. She had bragged in season 7 that they were "practically living together" and in interviews etc she would always play coy  and make "jokes" that they were getting engaged. We know that people often joke about things they truly mean or hope for and I believe she really hoped they were going to go the distance. When it became clear that it was never going to happen she distanced herself and they went from practically living together(squeal!) to just shacking up (see how cool I am).

Basically if you're not a bitch you don't become someone's confidant to get information and use said knowledge against them to get what you want which is what Carole did. She really, really sucks but is so low key about it people don't see.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Carole knew that Nicole still had deep and serious feelings for Adam. Nicole felt that Carole was enough of a friend that she spoke about the relationship and confided things in Carole who absolutely did not give a shit. It shows that Carole thinks only of herself since she was friendly with Nicole and again, Nicole felt that Carole was a friend and Carole was not, not in the least little bit.  Again, only a true cunt would publicly say that they don't care that someone who trusted them got hurt because of their actions.

Now I think Adam was a skunk himself. He  was given an opportunity by Luann to appear on the show and get some publicity. Instead he jumped ship with Carole knowing or at the very least not caring how it would affect his ex-girlfriend. He came off as a shameless opportunist using Carole for publicity, free vacations and the promise of a never gonna happen cook book. I think he liked Carole to a certain degree but if she had been Luann's housekeeper and not her guest then wouldn't have looked twice at her.

In season 8 after the kitten revelation Carole said that that she had set things up in her life to be temporary and now she feels that certain things in her life might not be so temporary after all. It was clear to me that she meant Adam. She had bragged in season 7 that they were "practically living together" and in interviews etc she would always play coy  and make "jokes" that they were getting engaged. We know that people often joke about things they truly mean and I believe she really hoped they were going to go the distance. When it became clear that it was never going to happen she distanced herself and they went from practically living together(squeal!) to just shacking up (see how cool I am).

Basically if you're not a bitch you don't become someone's confidant to get information and use said knowledge against them to get what you want which is what Carole did. She really, really sucks but is so low key about it people don't see.

Don't forget Adam and Nicole went to Central America together.  I do think Adam is a skunk as he used Luann.  I never thought Luann's words were all that harsh towards Carole. The Twitter war was ridiculous.  I still feel like Carole used Adam as much as Adam used her.  Carole saw an opportunity for a book, Adam saw an opportunity to shill his cooking school.  Oh wait, that close and the book never went anywhere nor did the cooking school or the Go Fund Me grow your salad crap.   

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Don't forget Adam and Nicole went to Central America together.  I do think Adam is a skunk as he used Luann.  I never thought Luann's words were all that harsh towards Carole. The Twitter war was ridiculous.  I still feel like Carole used Adam as much as Adam used her.  Carole saw an opportunity for a book, Adam saw an opportunity to shill his cooking school.  Oh wait, that close and the book never went anywhere nor did the cooking school or the Go Fund Me grow your salad crap.   

He wanted a cooking school too? So he's a chef and a photographer and a wannabe cook book author.  He was also supposedly making a documentary when he went to Africa (where he hung up mid skype conversation). So, what ever happened to the documentary? I had forgotten that he also had Carole selling his grow boxes and shilling some wine too. Hmm, but the guy who came to NY to be a model isn't on RHONY for fame and publicity, just the regular boyfriend of an old rich fool a young fresh faced girl like Carol

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
Just now, Ki-in said:

He wanted a cooking school too? So he's a chef and a photographer and a wannabe cook book author.  He was also supposedly making a documentary when he went to Africa (where he hung up mid skype conversation). So, what ever happened to the documentary? He also had Carole selling his grow boxes and shilling some wine too. Hmm, but the guy who came to NY to be a model isn't on RHONY for fame and publicity, just the regular boyfriend of an old rich fool a young fresh faced girl like Carole.

Where I saw Adam finally set his own course is when he essentially nixed the idea of Carole writing a book.  

When a man says he wants children. . . listen.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Where I saw Adam finally set his own course is when he essentially nixed the idea of Carole writing a book.  

Carole couldn't even write the introduction, a simple introduction. She never got past the "vegan boy meets junk food girl" line. That was all she wrote. Why a cook book needed a love story plot I will never know. The fact that she couldn't even do that much makes me believe the ghostwriter rumor. I think "the publishers don't want the book if we aren't still a couple" was just an excuse. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 9

Carole knew that Nicole still had deep and serious feelings for Adam.

Did she now? Has Nicole ever spoken about that?

Nicole felt that Carole was enough of a friend that she spoke about the relationship and confided things in Carole who absolutely did not give a shit.

Nah, Nicole and Adam had been broken up for 6 months by that point. Adam was not Nicole's to steal away since the relationship had been over for a while. Also, were Carole and Nicole really that close? Was she confiding in Carole daily about Adam? Again, it was 6 months later, so I don't see it that way at all.

Again, only a true cunt would publicly say that they don't care that someone who trusted them got hurt because of their actions.

We really, really, really need to stop calling women the C-word.

I think he liked Carole to a certain degree but if she had been Luann's housekeeper and not her guest then wouldn't have looked twice at her.

One could argue the same about Nicole.

In season 8 after the kitten revelation Carole said that that she had set things up in her life to be temporary and now she feels that certain things in her life might not be so temporary after all. It was clear to me that she meant Adam. She had bragged in season 7 that they were "practically living together" and in interviews etc she would always play coy  and make "jokes" that they were getting engaged. We know that people often joke about things they truly mean or hope for and I believe she really hoped they were going to go the distance. When it became clear that it was never going to happen she distanced herself and they went from practically living together(squeal!) to just shacking up (see how cool I am).

I don't think she was ever deluded enough to believe and Adam were ever meant to be long term. She knew the relationship was what it was, a short term thing that had no real end game for her.

Some people might joke like that; that doesn't mean everyone does.

Nah, that isn't really how it played out. Your theory only works if Carole had hooked up with Adam the day after he broke up with Nicole. Not 6 months later.

I never thought Luann's words were all that harsh towards Carole

Well, besides calling her a pedophile...

Carole saw an opportunity for a book

I don't think so. She probably just wanted some fun.

She did. That's why she knew the relationship wasn't going to last forever.

I think "the publishers don't want the book if we aren't still a couple" was just an excuse. 

But that was the whole hook of the book. I'm not sure it was based on Adam's recipes alone.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Ki-in said:

But she couldn't even deal with shacking up with him for a couple of months. She needed her space and she wasn't shy about letting him know that. Hardly the look of someone who was hoping to have him around full time for all eternity. 

15 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I am not sure how we know any of this. Did Nicole ever speak about having deep and serious feelings about Adam? According to Luann she was dating someone else as well. According to Carole, she had met Nicole on 3 occasions. Hardly a deep friendship. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Who said anyone used anyone else? 

Adam and Nicole were both very vested in the Central America food co-op deal. They continued to be friends and work on something that was important to them together. Happens all the time. People have work relationships, break up, and keep on having work relationships. And if Adam was such a skunk, you never heard any of it from Luann. She never had anything except good things to say about him, even in the thick of it all. If she was so upset about how Nicole was being treated, why not place the blame on the person who had been in the relationship with her, vs. Carole who Nicole barely knew. This was just something that Luann made up in her head to deflect from her own poor behavior, because that is just what Luann does. 

• Love 10
On 2/12/2018 at 6:01 AM, gundysgirl said:

Who said anyone used anyone else? 

Adam and Nicole were both very vested in the Central America food co-op deal. They continued to be friends and work on something that was important to them together. Happens all the time. People have work relationships, break up, and keep on having work relationships. And if Adam was such a skunk, you never heard any of it from Luann. She never had anything except good things to say about him, even in the thick of it all. If she was so upset about how Nicole was being treated, why not place the blame on the person who had been in the relationship with her, vs. Carole who Nicole barely knew. This was just something that Luann made up in her head to deflect from her own poor behavior, because that is just what Luann does. 

I will put it this way, Adam so an opportunity to get exposure by cooking for Luann on the show.  At the time Adam was "hanging out" skate boarding with Luann's teenage son.  Better opportunity came along and Adam jumped on it.  Carole saw an opportunity to write a book, abandoning her other project in favor of the cookbook.  

Luann was gracious when it came to Adam, not so much so when it came to Carole.  The charity was Adam's thing-which is now defunct.  I don't think there was any shortage of blameor any reason.  It does seem a little opportunistic when couples collide and immediately start shilling each others' products.  Be it a show, a book, a cooking school, private chef adventure, grow your own salad kits.  

The irony is Carole butting in commenting for years on Luann's relationship(s) and how she became involved.  She supported Ramona's absurd notion that somehow Luann should have asked for permission from Ramona to date someone Ramona dated a handful of times three months earlier.  So there is that level of hypocrisy.  Carole was also big on the Sonja and her much younger guy jokes.  Carole always seemed to justify her choices and never stopped with her criticism of Luann or Sonja's.  

• Love 3

I dunno. He and Carole seemed to enjoy being together, so I don;t think he saw it as an opportunity. And neither did she, It isn't like she was thinking "I feel like writing a cookbook. Hey, that guy who used to date Luann's niece is a chef...hmm..."

I wouldn't say it was opportunistic. More organic once they had been dating for a while, Unless they announced the book the day after they started dating, which they didn't.

What was so ironic about Carole commenting and how she became involved? Besides, Luann was ok with Carole fucking Adam, just not dating him. Which is just weird and crazy thinking.

• Love 5

It does seem a little opportunistic when couples collide and immediately start shilling each others' products.  

I don't know if they were opportunists or not - I think they may have just been two people who really wanted to have sex for a while then move on. In between trips to the bedroom they came up with some random plans to work on a couple of projects together, but between bong hits and getting laid nothing ever went any where.

But to the extent that they were opportunists, they sucked at it. Adam and Carole managed to capitalize near zero percent on their union. In the end they actually ended up making themselves look rather bad, I think. Adam came across as an unfocused wannabe-model wannabe-chef with limited capacities in both areas. And Carol's inability to put pen to paper for their dubious cookbook project did little to reassure viewers that the whole ghostwriter scandal was just fiction created by Aviva (at least that's the word on the street).

In the end, they both did their "brands" more harm than good. 

Luann was gracious when it came to Adam, not so much so when it came to Carole.  

Luann is always more gracious to men than she is women.  No surprises there.

14 hours ago, BBHN said:

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
wrong post quoted oopsie
  • Love 8

The irony is Carole butting in commenting for years on Luann's relationship(s) and how she became involved.  She supported Ramona's absurd notion that somehow Luann should have asked for permission from Ramona to date someone Ramona dated a handful of times three months earlier.  So there is that level of hypocrisy.   

Theoretically - at least in terms of the show -  Luann and Ramona are friends, direct personal friends. And under those circumstances neither should be hooking up the others ex, former lover, random side piece, mad crush, one night stand -whatever you want to call it - without making sure it's okay with their friend.

I think the difference is Carol did not see herself as friends with Nicole and therefore was under no compunction to get any kind of clearance from her to date Adam. So she isn't a hypocrite for that reason, I think she might argue.

That being said, the thing that actually bothered me was when Carol dismissively proclaimed "I don't care" in one of her talking heads when asked about Nicole being hurt or bothered or whatever the question was. I just thought that was very cold thing to say.  Whether the other person is actually your friend or not, it should matter on some level if you were involved in something that hurt another person.

I never quite got over Carole saying that the way she did.

16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

but between bong hits and getting laid 

6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Hey, that sounds like fun to me.

Fine, but when you can't get your cookbook finished don't come running crying to me. You were warned! 

• Love 7

Carole was a tad hypocritical with her remarks about Sonja "I didn't know if she was dating him or babysitting" but if anyone dared made a remark about her and Adam... Luann went about things the wrong way perhaps but her emotions were involved. Her niece was hurt and Carole did not care (and declared so in her TH). Luann was just telling Carole in so many words that the likelihood of Adam sticking around was zero and was warning her not to get too involved lest she get hurt. Hence the the young men are ok to have sex with but not to date. Meaning don't get too emotional because it's not going to end well.

Carole ended up looking foolish by investing so much of Adam as her storyline. Him hanging up on skype was a perfect example. There she is in her room, all made up with false eyelashes, eagerly anticipating him missing her and she got nada. He seemed bored and annoyed and hung up on her. He wasn't caught by surprise eating lunch because they have a filming schedule and he knew exactly how the filming was since he had done it several times during season 7, he knew there was a camera crew in her room to film the conversation and didn't care. I think he was angry with her that she thought it was hilarious that she lost her unlocked phone with his nude pictures on it. To me that was the beginning of the end. And even though they were friendly enough there was zero chemistry through any of their interactions season 8 whether it was talking about the cook book, going ice skating or the dog wedding.

They did start the cook book/shilling thing right out of the gate. They met season 7 and before the season was over she announced their cook book collaboration and they had started hawking things on SM. And he got a lot of exposure on RHONY.

Season 7 she squeals giddily they are "practically living together!" Why tell people that you're practically living together if it's just a fling unless you want people to think it's getting serious? The 1st episode of season 8 she says that they are "nesting"!!!.  Nesting is usually a term reserved for pregnant women getting ready for the baby's arrival or at the very least nesting has definite implications of making a house and home together for the long haul. Why declare you're nesting with a fling? She got a dog named Baby and was calling Adam "Papa". Paging Dr. Freud....Then by season 9 she plays it cool with the "shacking up" phrase. Why even mention it if he's moving out anyway? Because it's to set up the eventual (aka already happened break up) even though he was probably long gone by then.

Carole can declare all she wants that it was just a fling but I will always feel she hoped for more.

• Love 6

Luann went about things the wrong way perhaps but her emotions were involved. Her niece was hurt and Carole did not care

Perhaps? If anything, she was probably more upset over it than Nicole was.

Luann was just telling Carole in so many words that the likelihood of Adam sticking around was zero and was warning her not to get too involved lest she get hurt

Which Carole knew and was fine with.

They did start the cook book/shilling thing right out of the gate.

Which was months and months later. Not quite "right out of the gate".

Why tell people that you're practically living together if it's just a fling unless you want people to think it's getting serious?

Because it is just an expression that people use?

Nesting is usually a term reserved for pregnant women getting ready for the baby's arrival or at the very least nesting has definite implications of making a house and home together for the long haul.

Or it just means you're spending most of your time together at someone's home instead of doing things like going out or getting dinner somewhere else, etc.

Because it's to set up the eventual (aka already happened break up) even though he was probably long gone by then.

Fixed it.

Carole can declare all she wants that it was just a fling but I will always feel she hoped for more.

She can declare and I believe her.

• Love 4

I never thought Carole was "giddy" about Adam living with her - not in a "swoon-we're-so-in-love" way. I thought she was kind of laughing at the situation because it wasn't something either of them expected. But it was clear from the start, to me, that it was just temporary because Adam had to leave his place before he found another one. I never saw him moving out as a failure or some sign they were doomed. Carole has expressed multiple times that she knew this couldn't last forever, but even so....the move in itself wasn't the case of them taking things to the next level. It was just a quick remedy to a situation. 

• Love 12
On 2/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, Ki-in said:

Season 7 she squeals giddily they are "practically living together!" Why tell people that you're practically living together if it's just a fling unless you want people to think it's getting serious? The 1st episode of season 8 she says that they are "nesting"!!!.  Nesting is usually a term reserved for pregnant women getting ready for the baby's arrival or at the very least nesting has definite implications of making a house and home together for the long haul. Why declare you're nesting with a fling? She got a dog named Baby and was calling Adam "Papa". Paging Dr. Freud....Then by season 9 she plays it cool with the "shacking up" phrase. Why even mention it if he's moving out anyway? Because it's to set up the eventual (aka already happened break up) even though he was probably long gone by then.

Didn't Carole have a conversation (with Bethenny iirc)  about getting past Carole's inability to commit/this might be more than I thought it was/reassessing, etc?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I never thought Carole was "giddy" about Adam living with her - not in a "swoon-we're-so-in-love" way. I thought she was kind of laughing at the situation because it wasn't something either of them expected. But it was clear from the start, to me, that it was just temporary because Adam had to leave his place before he found another one. I never saw him moving out as a failure or some sign they were doomed. Carole has expressed multiple times that she knew this couldn't last forever, but even so....the move in itself wasn't the case of them taking things to the next level. It was just a quick remedy to a situation. 

This was in season 7 right after they hooked up, he did not need a place to stay. Season 9 was when she was playing it cool. Season 7 "we're practically living together!" season 8 "we're nesting" and season 9 "shacking up".

1 hour ago, film noire said:

Didn't Carole have a conversation (with Bethenny iirc)  about getting past Carole's inability to commit/this might be more than I thought it was/reassessing, etc?

Yes, when she had to give back the kitten she told Bethenny and in her TH that she always set her life up to be temporary and now she thinks certain things in her life might be more than temporary.

She says she's "nesting", she gets a dog named baby and calls Adam papa...that, to me, says a lot.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Ki-in said:

This was in season 7 right after they hooked up, he did not need a place to stay. Season 9 was when she was playing it cool. Season 7 "we're practically living together!" season 8 "we're nesting" and season 9 "shacking up".

Sounds kind of like the flow of a lot of relationships. 

8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That is the way I saw it as well. I think, if anything, that Carole was more surprised that the whole thing lasted as long as it did. I don't think she pictured it that way in the beginning. 

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:50 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Theoretically - at least in terms of the show -  Luann and Ramona are friends, direct personal friends. And under those circumstances neither should be hooking up the others ex, former lover, random side piece, mad crush, one night stand -whatever you want to call it - without making sure it's okay with their friend.

I think the difference is Carol did not see herself as friends with Nicole and therefore was under no compunction to get any kind of clearance from her to date Adam. So she isn't a hypocrite for that reason, I think she might argue.

That being said, the thing that actually bothered me was when Carol dismissively proclaimed "I don't care" in one of her talking heads when asked about Nicole being hurt or bothered or whatever the question was. I just thought that was very cold thing to say.  Whether the other person is actually your friend or not, it should matter on some level if you were involved in something that hurt another person.

I never quite got over Carole saying that the way she did.

On Luann and Ramona - I agree with you up to a point, in that you shouldn't start dating an ex-spouse, significant other without informing our "friend" (not sure they should have to give permission), but I don't know that you need to inform a "friend" about dating a former "hook-up/side piece/person the friend dated 1/3/5/7 times."   It would be the gracious thing to do, but as to Sonja, did anyone really know she and Tom were hooking up?

On Luann and Carole - I agree Carole was needlessly dismissive of Nicole's feelings, regardless of Nicole SHOULD HAVE been hurt/bothered.  Worst was there was no need to say anything other than "I understand they were broken up, {add I'm sorry she's upset if you want to be gracious}."   I do think Nicole being upset was the beginning of why Luann was upset with Carole, though she took it to over the top level.

• Love 5

Sounds kind of like the flow of a lot of relationships. 

Yeah, it does.

That is the way I saw it as well. I think, if anything, that Carole was more surprised that the whole thing lasted as long as it did. I don't think she pictured it that way in the beginning. 

Me too.

• Love 7
On 2/11/2018 at 11:26 PM, BBHN said:

One could argue the same about Nicole.

How so? Nicole wasn't a celebrity author with a prominent spot on a hit reality tv show with connections in the publishing world. No one dating Nicole would have gotten that type of exposure. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

She had a celebrity aunt with some connections. Who's to say he would have given her the time of day if she didn't have that?

Nicole was also a top 4 finalist of Work of Art: The Next Great Artist produced by Sarah Jessica Parker and aired on Bravo. It definitely got decent press during her season and was always covered by New York Magazine because their art critic, Jerry Saltz, was one of the judges.

• Love 1

I am not suggesting that Adam was only with Carole for her TV/book connections BUT, he was only on the show (via Luann) once. Once he was with Carole, he was on the show many times, they made a weak attempt at writing a cook book and he did try to cash in on her popularity with the grow box (like that isn't already available by different manufactures) go fund me page. So, he didn't take advantage of Nicole/Luann when he/Nicole were dating but did Carole when he/Carole got together. 

• Love 5

If Adam's dream was to come on this show, date Carole for three years, and see some big boost in his career, he could have done a better job. We saw him rarely. He never got involved in the drama. He didn't talk about the other gals. He was just there in small scenes as Carole's boyfriend, but he hardly seemed to be promoting himself heavily to me. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

If Adam's dream was to come on this show, date Carole for three years, and see some big boost in his career, he could have done a better job. We saw him rarely. He never got involved in the drama. He didn't talk about the other gals. He was just there in small scenes as Carole's boyfriend, but he hardly seemed to be promoting himself heavily to me. 

As I said, I was not suggesting he dated Carole to only get on the show. That said, he did take advantage of the opportunity once he was on. 

• Love 4

So, he didn't take advantage of Nicole/Luann when he/Nicole were dating but did Carole when he/Carole got together. 

Again, I'm not seeing how he took advantage of Carole.

As I said, I was not suggesting he dated Carole to only get on the show.

I wouldn't even suggest he dated to Carole to get on the show to begin with.

• Love 2

Well, Adam did take advantage of certain opportunities.  I don't think the cook book potential would have happened without his connection to Carol and the show.  He also got to be on Chopped.  Ok.  Honestly, I don't know if that happened when he was with Carol.  In any event, I really don't think he's some 'known' chef in NYC.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I am not suggesting that Adam was only with Carole for her TV/book connections BUT, he was only on the show (via Luann) once. Once he was with Carole, he was on the show many times, they made a weak attempt at writing a cook book and he did try to cash in on her popularity with the grow box (like that isn't already available by different manufactures) go fund me page. So, he didn't take advantage of Nicole/Luann when he/Nicole were dating but did Carole when he/Carole got together. 

Adam had a lot more opportunities to be on the show when dating Carole than when dating Nicole. Nicole is not a housewife; Carole is filmed consistently for the show. It's only natural he'd appear in many of her scenes. It seems Lu only used him once in awhile for parties, so I'm not sure why he would have even been on the show much before dating Carole? That wouldn't make sense. 

As for the cookbook, I saw that more of Carole coming up with an idea she thought would placate her editors. She had been lagging on writing for quite awhile, so I bet she thought this new project would be easier to get out there. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I saw the Poshmark thing, too.   I swear I’m not concern trolling Carole or women in her position (well-off financially, question mark? ) and I know RHONY is a seasonal job but damn!   I’m worried for lack of a better word.   She had a real career and was an unusually successful writer - it is so hard to get published by magazines let alone put out two books.   I wish she’d turn a page and be a really active volunteer for her political passions, or for NYRR’s charity for underprivileged kids, or for a no-kill shelter.   She’d be great at so much.   Rifling through old clothes is boring.  She seems so damned bored.

And a pox on the Page 6 and People photos.  They’re terrible.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6

I don't think Carole is nearly as well-off as people think she is. She might make enough to keep up her lifestyle and scrape by, but she's nowhere near the lady-who-lunches Radziwill type. She's even made mention of the fact that she has to work to pay bills and that the rumors of the Radzwill fortune are "vastly overrated." 

That said, I don't mind that she's selling stuff online for extra dough. Makes sense and why shouldn't she make a quick buck on unused clothing? Although I dunno if I'd be doing it myself in her own apartment like she is; just looks a little low-rent for a semi-celeb cast member of a successful reality show. At least get an assistant and/or friend to handle the promotions and presentation aspect of it.

• Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

why shouldn't she make a quick buck on unused clothing?

She's wearing the evidence that this is not unused clothing.  If she needs the money, then so be it.  I have my doubts about that, and think that it would be more tasteful of her to designate the proceeds to charity.  jmo

eta - See what I did there^?  I used the word taste in a sentence about a Real Housewife.

I'm funny that way.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

And a pox on the Page 6 and People photos.  They’re terrible.

They're from Carole's own IG so she liked them enough to post. I think they are some of her better pics because in many she just looks downright bizarre and disturbing due to too much filler.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

She had a real career and was an unusually successful writer - it is so hard to get published by magazines let alone put out two books.  

She has a piece in the March Cosmo  - maybe she's thinking of writing regularly again:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a18675877/carole-radziwill-cosmo-essay/

(Hope your family is doing well in Puerto Rico, Midnight Cheese.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Bustle says she's worth $50 million, and probably earns in the neighborhood of $250,000 annually.  Romper puts her in that same net worth, and interestingly says Sonja is worth about $8mil.

That $50 million has never been backed up, originated on the sketchy celeb net worth site when she was first cast, makes no sense, and Carole herself has said it's bullshit.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

Sonja is worth about $8mil.

In Sonja's case, I'm guessing her net worth is tied into however much her townhouse is valued at the time of that article.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That $50 million has never been backed up, originated on the sketchy celeb net worth site when she was first cast, makes no sense, and Carole herself has said it's bullshit.

If she needs to sell used lingerie to make the bills, might I suggest to her that she revisit her budget, and not spend $300 for baby doll dresses (baby doll dresses at her age?) and $100 for nighties.  Yes, net worth numbers attained from the innerwebs may be inaccurate.  I'm just unwilling to buy that she needs to sell used lingerie to cover the overhead.  An overhead which includes a Manhattan apartment and $100 silk nighties.  js

8 hours ago, BBHN said:

In Sonja's case, I'm guessing her net worth is tied into however much her townhouse is valued at the time of that article.

So then, she could liquidate at any time and be worth that value, minus closing costs and realtor's fees.  Considering New York real estate right now, I'd say that's a reasonably comfortable position to be in.  

• Love 1

So then, she could liquidate at any time and be worth that value, minus closing costs and realtor's fees.  Considering New York real estate right now, I'd say that's a reasonably comfortable position to be in.  

Yes and no. Supposedly, her home has depreciated in value quite a bit over the last few years due to her not maintaining it the way she should be.

She'd still get some good money off of it, but had she sold it 3 or 4 years ago, she could have gotten anywhere from $3 to 5 million more than what it's worth now. Supposedly, anyway.

• Love 2

Sonja likes her dilapidated townhouse. She also knows that she didn't maintain it, it has depreciated in value, and she could never afford something like that again on her own. So she hangs onto it.

• Love 3