Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Seriously, Apples and Oranges.

Being older I have had several relatives and friends get very ill and die from diseases. Not once had anyone I known show such shallowness about how someone who is obviously ill even utter a word about someone going out without makeup and looking bad. We've been happy we could just enjoy their company. One friend just past recently. Last time I saw her she was in a wheel chair and on oxygen. And no makeup! Thank God we had the time together.

Boy am I blessed with great friends.

They aren't really friends, they are co-workers at best and even though I think they do care that she is sick, it is their job to comment on/about her. Nothing they said was mean or meant to be mean IMO. They were reacting to how different Yolanda presented herself at this filmed event because even though she has claimed severe illness for years now, this is the first time they really saw her looking/acting ill because she has always presented a different picture of herself ON camera.

• Love 11

Being older I have had several relatives and friends get very ill and die from diseases. Not once had anyone I known show such shallowness about how someone who is obviously ill even utter a word about someone going out without makeup and looking bad. We've been happy we could just enjoy their company. One friend just past recently. Last time I saw her she was in a wheel chair and on oxygen. And no makeup! Thank God we had the time together.  Boy am I blessed with great friends.

Isn't it a blessing to have great friends in life? Your friend was indeed blessed to have you in her life.

Back to this show. Friendships are not one-sided. What I mean by that is, YoFo was not much of a friend when she allowed her dear bestie, Brandi, to be a drunken fool at her dinner party and go after YoFo and David's dinner guests, Joyce and Michael. YoFo was also not much of a friend with her juvenile game of "hearts on cards". No class whatsoever from one who touts they are classy and has character. YoFo also went after Ken and outright accused him of the crime of assault. Thank goodness the cameras caught the truth or else Ken would forever have been associated as the man who "man-handled and grabbed the sickly Yolanda!"  YoFo has sunk to some questionable lows throughout the seasons towards her "friends".

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 20

I don't particularly like Yolanda but that made me sad, too. The thing is, most every marriage starts out with the couple thinking it's forever.  To watch it end, even for people I don't know or care about is just sad to me.  It's like, where'd the hope go?  But life happens and even the best intentions can go in the toilet. And that's sad.

• Love 5

Back to this show. Friendships are not one-sided. What I mean by that is, YoFo was not much of a friend when she allowed her dear bestie, Brandi, to be a drunken fool at her dinner party and go after YoFo and David's dinner guests, Joyce and Michael. YoFo was also not much of a friend with her juvenile game of "hearts on cards". No class whatsoever from one who touts they are classy and has character. YoFo also went after Ken and outright accused him of the crime of assault. Thank goodness the cameras caught the truth or else Ken would forever have been associated as the man who "man-handled and grabbed the sickly Yolanda!"  YoFo has sunk to some questionable lows throughout the seasons towards her "friends".

This is all true, imo.  You forgot when she turned her back on the couch to Joyce at the reunion and basically swatted at her like a pesky gnat.  WHICH, imo, Joyce was. I did not like that flaky fairy princess.  But I digress. It was not nice of Yolanda, certainly a bitch move.

That said, I can manage sympathy for even the HWs I can't stand.  If something happened to Kyle - whiny ass, cry baby Kyle, I'd feel sorry for her.  Like if she lost her witchy pointy finger in an accident, I would feel sympathy for her. I certainly wouldn't point and laugh like I think Vanderpump wants to do - even though MY pointing finger is just fine.

• Love 8

An excerpt from Yolanda's blog. She does not seem upset with anyone and is resigned to the fact that some have no compassion toward her.

I could look at tonight’s episode with mixed emotions, but I’ve grown apart from looking at what’s NOT…I am blessed to have a voice and a platform that can bring awareness to not only my disease but to the most profound lesson of it all, which is to lead a life with compassion, kindness, and without judgement, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

One day soon I hope to have the ability to write about uncovering the mystery of this chronic disease and share with you the true depth of my story, but until then I am just a housewife on a mission with laser focus on one thing and one thing only...my health! I have faith that God often uses our deepest pain as the launching pad of our greatest calling.

Cheers to that...

Much love and a big hug,

Yo

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/yolanda-m-foster/yolanda-ive-learned-to-accept

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

Yolanda Foster on Ex David Foster: We've Grown Apart But My Love for Him Is the Same

December 2, 2015 @ 05:24 PM / By Esther Lee

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/yolanda-foster-on-ex-david-foster-weve-grown-apart-but-my-love-is-same-w158845

A source previously told Us that the couple have "been separated for months," but in the interim, were trying to figure out how to handle their breakup in the public eye. The insider said that both the Dutch model and the Grammy-winning producer, 66, "knew it wouldn't work," although they attempted to pave out their issues.

Edited by talula
  • Love 3
Last time I saw her she was in a wheel chair and on oxygen. And no makeup! Thank God we had the time together.

Boy am I blessed with great friends.

This2GetsOld, I can't tell you how much your post moves me.  I think that your attitude is marvelous, and no wonder you have friends!  It doesn't surprise me that people would comment about Yolanda's lack of makeup.  She did look pale and drawn, and appearing  that way is almost inviting comments.  I'm not judging others who felt like commenting. She might even have planned to look this way, but it doesn't seem like it's for us to judge.  She could have skipped the party on the grounds that she didn't feel well, but she at least made an appearance

This appearance, whether real or planned, reminds me of that old American Indian saying:  "Never judge someone unless you've walked in his moccasins."

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

This news is no surprise to me.  We talked a lot about how stilted their relationship was last season.  David was never there and was greeted with 'hello my love' upon return.  We saw no trace of passion or love.  Yolanda spoke of wanting to be married to David the longest of all of his wives.  I thought that odd.  I can see how her illness pushed an already strained marriage into divorce.  

• Love 7

Yolanda Foster on Ex David Foster: We've Grown Apart But My Love for Him Is the Same

December 2, 2015 @ 05:24 PM / By Esther Lee

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/yolanda-foster-on-ex-david-foster-weve-grown-apart-but-my-love-is-same-w158845

A source previously told Us that the couple have "been separated for months," but in the interim, were trying to figure out how to handle their breakup in the public eye. The insider said that both the Dutch model and the Grammy-winning producer, 66, "knew it wouldn't work," although they attempted to pave out their issues.

This is what makes Yolanda look like a liar face. She and David got together and built home to stage a fantastic wedding they knew would not work.  It kind of sounds like Mohamed convinced her, for the sake of the daughters' modeling career, to get on RHOBH and show off the real estate and then list it (it had been on the market pretty much since 2012 with several price reductions) and get the daughters maximum exposure.  I think little had to so with their weird constant affirmation relationship.

I think instead of the love notes and love songs Yolanda should have gone for the jewelry.  Jewelry comes in handy when you have to tackle bills as a single person.

I have a question do posters here think Yolanda's present condition is forever with maybe just time to time rallying for a few good days a month or do most people believe she will pretty much fully recover and being running stairs and leaping tall buildings in a single bound? 

• Love 9

She spiraled into a depression during her last marriage issues. I hope the next guy who sees Yolanda's picture at Moe's does some research and doesn't just go with Wow she's hot, set me up, marry me! Because Yolanda is a party pooper. And I say that as a non party girl. I am the least interesting person in the universe and she party poops my world. She's a drag.

Her treatment of Joyce was the second clue to me that she was a hard core mean girl. She is right up there with Kyle and Kim in the mean girl list. Yolanda is a passive aggressive, manipulative, rigid woman. A classier more intelligent version of Jaqueline Laurita. Yolanda is off the rails ridiculous to me. To the poster who had a friend who didn't wear makeup and all the friends supported her: I totally understand what you said! Your friend got support because she was sincere and not manipulating her friends! Yolanda is a manipulator. We have seen her try to do it with Moe, when she tries to get Moe on her side against LisaV. He shuts her down. I think that is the animosity for her with LisaV. 

Ugh. I am going to quit now. Yolanda, Kim and Brandi are just alike, personality wise and that is why they have latched on to each other. But I just know, that they all three really hate each other. 

eta The house. That house was completely her and her idea. She even said that David had a dinky bachelor pad, didn't care about having a lavish house. His splurge is his private jet, which to me, with his lifestyle, makes sense to have. But the house is pure Yolanda. 

She spiraled into a depression during her last marriage issues. I hope the next guy who sees Yolanda's picture at Moe's does some research and doesn't just go with Wow she's hot, set me up, marry me! Because Yolanda is a party pooper. And I say that as a non party girl. I am the least interesting person in the universe and she party poops my world. She's a drag.

Her treatment of Joyce was the second clue to me that she was a hard core mean girl. She is right up there with Kyle and Kim in the mean girl list. Yolanda is a passive aggressive, manipulative, rigid woman. A classier more intelligent version of Jaqueline Laurita. Yolanda is off the rails ridiculous to me. To the poster who had a friend who didn't wear makeup and all the friends supported her: I totally understand what you said! Your friend got support because she was sincere and not manipulating her friends! Yolanda is a manipulator. We have seen her try to do it with Moe, when she tries to get Moe on her side against LisaV. He shuts her down. I think that is the animosity for her with LisaV. 

Ugh. I am going to quit now. Yolanda, Kim and Brandi are just alike, personality wise and that is why they have latched on to each other. But I just know, that they all three really hate each other. 

eta The house. That house was completely her and her idea. She even said that David had a dinky bachelor pad, didn't care about having a lavish house. His splurge is his private jet, which to me, with his lifestyle, makes sense to have. But the house is pure Yolanda. 

Alas David does not have a private jet-they charter and rarely overseas.  Yolanda wanted to buy him one. The Gulfstream she showed us starts at around $60 million.  Why buy when you can charter?

David invested six million (at least) in the Malibu house to get things rolling.  I think their marriage was pretty much predicated on business and promotional opportunities.  When Yo and David met he was still going through his divorce with Linda Thompson.  I am not quite sure how David living with Mohamed became David's bachelor pad-which I believe is the condo we see her in now, in Yolanda's  revisionist history.  I think the house was Yolanda's desperate attempt to build a fabulous spec home, much like we have seen Mohamed do, live in it for a bit get some free exposure on TV and make a killing profit.  Yolanda just didn't get the money she thought she would.

• Love 5

I just don't see David as the type to get married for financial gain or publicity.

I do not like David at all, but I can't see that either. He is a serial monogamist who enjoys getting married, but isn't great at it.  He has all the money he needs, and he continues to work with the biggest acts in pop music so I think he's good on the fame front. I think he and Yo genuinely loved each other in a companionship sort of way. But his ego is insane. 

• Love 9

Oh, okay Zoeysmom. I think from chatter here I thought that David owned a private jet. So what he does is what Mauricio does, charter? And he lived with Moe? I thought I heard Yolanda say that when she and he were dating, he lived in a small place with little furnishings and little hominess about it. That he was more about his career and traveling than a lavish home. I could see him putting money into the house and it still being her wants and needs with the house. He seems like he does lavish stuff on his women and pays his way. 

When we met Yolanda and David there was the oh so cute story of David living with Mohamed and being enamored with the numerous photographs of Yolanda around MoTown (let's face it Mo's house is a small town).  Since Yolanda was living in Montecito  about 90 miles away I am thinking at some point he bought the condo she is now holed up in but the original story was he had separated from Linda and moved in with Mohamed.  I think perhaps Yolanda's idea of small may greatly vary from others.

I just don't see David as the type to get married for financial gain or publicity.

He is a producer first and foremost and quite frankly I have never seen any producer who takes the stage quite as much as David.  His bread and butter is producing and promoting his clients and he seemed to find someone who just happened to sign up for a reality show right before they married.  I do think he loved her, my comments aren't just limited to David's desire for financial gain and publicity.  I think Yolanda worked it very well.  Who are the up and coming  popular models these days-kids out of reality shows.  I just believe Yolanda oversold herself as the great architect designer house flipper and I do think it is an incentive to a man to be part of a deal his betrothed is talking about making $15 million off a deal.  Too bad it didn't haqppen.

• Love 6

When we met Yolanda and David there was the oh so cute story of David living with Mohamed and being enamored with the numerous photographs of Yolanda around MoTown (let's face it Mo's house is a small town).  Since Yolanda was living in Montecito  about 90 miles away I am thinking at some point he bought the condo she is now holed up in but the original story was he had separated from Linda and moved in with Mohamed.  I think perhaps Yolanda's idea of small may greatly vary from others.

He is a producer first and foremost and quite frankly I have never seen any producer who takes the stage quite as much as David.  His bread and butter is producing and promoting his clients and he seemed to find someone who just happened to sign up for a reality show right before they married.  I do think he loved her, my comments aren't just limited to David's desire for financial gain and publicity.  I think Yolanda worked it very well.  Who are the up and coming  popular models these days-kids out of reality shows.  I just believe Yolanda oversold herself as the great architect designer house flipper and I do think it is an incentive to a man to be part of a deal his betrothed is talking about making $15 million off a deal.  Too bad it didn't haqppen.

IMO, just mine, Yolanda and David were attracted to each other but NOT "in love" with each other. They each had something to offer the other in a marriage, Yolanda offered the perfect eye candy for David and believed in catering to 'her man' at home and David had the connections to help Yolanda and her daughters entry into TV land/modeling. Win - Win for all concerned. I don't think either thought the marriage would last very long...neither ever looked at the other with starry eyes most newly married couples do, despite the words they spoke ON camera. IMO, their marriage was more business than anything else between them.

• Love 4

And lets not forget Yo-Yo went after husband no. 1 (Mohammed) for a MUCH bigger divorce settlement then he wanted. She FOUGHT for millions, and got them! David better be shipping his bucks to the Cayman cos she's gonna "find the strength" to fight David for even more millions. She's just a common gold digger....Marry rich men whether you love them or not so you can live a certain lifestyle and be taken care of forever when they divorce ya. David did just what Kelsey Grammer...Get the little woman a tv show to keep her busy...

• Love 8

I am sorry for Yolanda's illness but I also believe that she needs psychological help more than meds. It's possible that she had an actual Lyme disease occurrence which was treated properly and controlled yet she now calls anything that feels "off" about herself "chronic Lyme disease". Thankfully I have never suffered CFS or Lyme, so maybe I'm being harsh, and I feel for those who are dealing with those illnesses and trying to get well. It just seems to me that Yolanda is not accepting that her illness may be 1) leaky boobs, 2) menopause (which can bring a wide variety of things that make you feel "bad" and suffer memory problems), 3) too many cleanses and poor nutrition, 4) fear of aging and losing her husband (oops, both are happening regardless!), 5) a combination of all these. It's easier and somehow more acceptable to say "chronic Lyme" and take lots of lovely selfies from her hospital beds than to admit "menopause is hitting me hard" or "my implants may have been poisoning me" or "I was wrong about all those cleanses being 'healthy' because they messed up my digestion and immune system".

I would add #6) damage done to her body by all those holistic treatments, including, apparently something made with cyanide (laetrile). A person who IV's or swallows pills full of cyanide to cure herself as a "holistic treatment" is making her health worse instead of better. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 7

This is what makes Yolanda look like a liar face. She and David got together and built home to stage a fantastic wedding they knew would not work. It kind of sounds like Mohamed convinced her, for the sake of the daughters' modeling career, to get on RHOBH and show off the real estate and then list it (it had been on the market pretty much since 2012 with several price reductions) and get the daughters maximum exposure. I think little had to so with their weird constant affirmation relationship.

I think instead of the love notes and love songs Yolanda should have gone for the jewelry. Jewelry comes in handy when you have to tackle bills as a single person.

I have a question do posters here think Yolanda's present condition is forever with maybe just time to time rallying for a few good days a month or do most people believe she will pretty much fully recover and being running stairs and leaping tall buildings in a single bound?

I thought the same thing about the love notes, now empty words compared to jewelry and it's increasing value. I think she knew he was cheap and just tried to keep him happy. Looks like her whole focus is on getting better. The break up no doubt effected her emotionally but her health problems are far reaching and over shadow everything else. Even the king lost his crown to her quest for a cure.

Will she find a cure, heaven only knows. Has the disease turned her into a more compassionate person, it seems so. Admitting she understands those who doubt her chronic symptoms is the right attitude. It seems she's determined to put her health first, not fret over what others believe about her. I hope she gets better but it may take time.

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

I think the operative words are "when we first met them."  We didn't meet them until they'd been together for four years.  By  then, the bloom is off the rose.  They can't be expected to act like honeymooners together when they've lived and loved together for four years.

David and Yolanda (well, at least David) remind me of what psychologists call "in love with falling in love."  In other words, there are people who love the initial rush, the blush, the hearts and flowers, the first days of falling in love.  After that, things become dull.  With David being married four times and divorced four times, and with his penchant for writing romantic songs, it wouldn't surprise me if he were more interested in the chase rather than the capture.  Is this Yolanda's third marriage?  Was she married once before Mo?  It's very possible that they're both in love with falling in love, and neither of them recognized it in the other.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 7

I don't know what to think of Yolanda and her illness. I do not think she is purposefully trying to deceive anyone. I think she believes that she is very much sick.  We know our bodies best. We know when something is wrong. Yolanda feels there is something wrong with her and until I see evidence otherwise, I'm going to take her word for it that she is not well. I recently read an article about how psychological illness can manifest themselves in a physical way and it included an example about a woman who insisted she went blind overnight even though doctors found absolutely nothing wrong with her vision. She truly believed she could not see. Turned out that she was severely depressed and once she entered an inpatient psych program that involved therapy sessions, she was fine within a few weeks and claimed her vision came back. So I don't know - maybe the origins of Yolanda's illness is psychological. Maybe it's not. Either way, I don't think she is like Brooks from RHOC in any way and I don't think she's faking her condition for attention.

I am not at all surprised that David checked out once Yolanda became sick. There are some spouses who take 'through sickness and health' very seriously, and there are some who don't. Illness can take a huge toll on a marriage. I have a friend whose husband left her after she'd been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. He couldn't deal. Whether David filed or Yolanda filed, I don't think he was happy about her illness and how it impacted his life.

• Love 8

Lisar and Eileen a granted an audience with the ailing Yolanda.  Check out the medicine CLOSET of Yolanda's.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-2/videos/kyle-richards-is-no-longer-going-to

This may have a Kyle wedding clip on it as well. 

Some of the medications in there have blurred labels so I assume those are prescription, so Yolanda is taking those in addition to the many vitamins? My goodness. I don't even know what to say.

• Love 1

I think the operative words are "when we first met them."  We didn't meet them until they'd been together for four years.  By  then, the bloom is off the rose.  They can't be expected to act like honeymooners together when they've lived and loved together for four years.

David and Yolanda (well, at least David) remind me of what psychologists call "in love with falling in love."  In other words, there are people who love the initial rush, the blush, the hearts and flowers, the first days of falling in love.  After that, things become dull.  With David being married four times and divorced four times, and with his penchant for writing romantic songs, it wouldn't surprise me if he were more interested in the chase rather than the capture.  Is this Yolanda's third marriage?  Was she married once before Mo?  It's very possible that they're both in love with falling in love, and neither of them recognized it in the other.

She joined the show not long after they married, either in their first year or shortly after the first wedding anniversary and I don't think they lived together right away either. The "bloom" shouldn't have been off the rose that fast after saying "I do" a year earlier if they were in love with each other to begin with IMO. Look at how Lisa/Ken, Kyle/Maruicio, Eileen/Vince or Lisa/Harry look at each other, how they interact with each other, the playful banter between them and then compare what we have seen between David/Yolanda........very different IMO.

• Love 5

Some of the medications in there have blurred labels so I assume those are prescription, so Yolanda is taking those in addition to the many vitamins? My goodness. I don't even know what to say.

If she is seeing a Holistic "Dr", they could easily be herbal compounds with labels on them much like perscription medications, so blurring them does not indicate they are prescription meds. That said, that closet full of treatments/medications is scary....very scary and I just don't see any how MD/Dr could be happy with her taking all of them. I doubt, highly doubt, that any 1 person has gone over all those suppliments to check their side effects or check their compatability when taken together, which is DANGEROUS IMO.

They married in 2011, but I read that their relationship started in 2006.

Yes, they started dating 5 years before they married.

• Love 8

An excerpt from Yolanda's blog. She does not seem upset with anyone and is resigned to the fact that some have no compassion toward her.

I could look at tonight’s episode with mixed emotions, but I’ve grown apart from looking at what’s NOT…I am blessed to have a voice and a platform that can bring awareness to not only my disease but to the most profound lesson of it all, which is to lead a life with compassion, kindness, and without judgement, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

One day soon I hope to have the ability to write about uncovering the mystery of this chronic disease and share with you the true depth of my story, but until then I am just a housewife on a mission with laser focus on one thing and one thing only...my health! I have faith that God often uses our deepest pain as the launching pad of our greatest calling.

Cheers to that...

Much love and a big hug,

Yo

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/yolanda-m-foster/yolanda-ive-learned-to-accept

I really wish she had left that last paragraph (at least the first part of it) out because now all I have taken away from it is that she is laying the groundwork for her triumphant, inspiring memoir about overcoming Lyme Disease.

Cynical, yes, but that was the final impression she left me with that blog entry.

Edited by link417
  • Love 9

They married in 2011, but I read that their relationship started in 2006.

I think they tried really hard to sell their perfect lives and love for each other.  There is nothing wrong with companionship until they don't have that any longer.

• Love 3

If she is seeing a Holistic "Dr", they could easily be herbal compounds with labels on them much like perscription medications, so blurring them does not indicate they are prescription meds. That said, that closet full of treatments/medications is scary....very scary and I just don't see any how MD/Dr could be happy with her taking all of them. I doubt, highly doubt, that any 1 person has gone over all those suppliments to check their side effects or check their compatability when taken together, which is DANGEROUS IMO.

Yes, they started dating 5 years before they married.

She is seeing a "naturopath," the woman who was giving her the IV in the first episode.  So yes, many of those things are so-called supplements.  I remember last season when she was taking them by the handful from a giant baggie stuffed with pills.

• Love 4

Brought over from episode thread:

She had the leaky silicone implant removed and the areas effected cleaned up in Aug. then started tweeting about how fast she was recovering/getting better THEN she went to the LD awards and announced BOTH Bella and Anwar had NLD and have had it as long as she has. Yes, I do think she made that announcement to keep the focus on herself, she was loosing the long suffering title and had to do something to keep that attention on her.

How did this go down?  Do you think she pulled Anwar and Bella aside and told them they were going to go along with this elaborate lie?  Or do they really think they're sick because she found a doctor to lie to them and to their father?  Or is Mohammed in on it, too?

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm curious about how everyone who thinks the kids' illnesses are fake, how it came to be.

I'm having a hard time believing Yo and her kids are so twisted.  But stranger things have happened.

• Love 4

Moved from episode thread:

I'm having trouble keeping up with all the posts. I've read as many as I can so I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

I've said this before, but I don't doubt that Yolanda has health issues and that she feels unwell. It could be Lyme, menopause, leaky boobs, something else, or a combination of factors. I have an autoimmune disorder and am currently menopausal. I have a lot of the symptoms she describes. Where she loses my sympathy is when she exaggerates and manipulates to get attention.

This for me is the best example. Here is what Yolanda posted last season:

http://i.dailymail.c...30116799758.jpg

And here is the same image (maybe a few steps later) from the front, posted by her son:

http://allaboutthete...-5.45.54-AM.png

I hope the links work.

It's things like this and blaming Bella's dui on LD that make is so hard to know how much to believe from Yolanda.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 8

I'm actually choosing to believe they are that twisted, because otherwise debating an illness is just no fun for me.  This way it's an elaborate ruse by an aging ex-model, exactly the kind of soap-y goodness I enjoy.  

Whatever's realistic, or real, or not real- I have no way of knowing, and Brooks on the OC reset my expectations in terms of how far people will go for this sort of thing.  Really though, I don't care because all I want is to enjoy a silly tv show with a bunch of kooky women.  Thinking it through ruins my fun.

Since I'm in fantasyland, I'll say that Bella's faking but Yolanda thinks it's real.  It's something Bella is doing to try and gain her mother's love and approval, to finally be better than Gigi, as Gigi's modeling career explodes. I'll say the boy is not in on it, but there will be some big reveal where he discovers the truth and the whole scheme implodes.  

The fantasy is fun, people.

• Love 5

This is all true, imo.  You forgot when she turned her back on the couch to Joyce at the reunion and basically swatted at her like a pesky gnat.  WHICH, imo, Joyce was. I did not like that flaky fairy princess.  But I digress. It was not nice of Yolanda, certainly a bitch move.

That said, I can manage sympathy for even the HWs I can't stand.  If something happened to Kyle - whiny ass, cry baby Kyle, I'd feel sorry for her.  Like if she lost her witchy pointy finger in an accident, I would feel sympathy for her. I certainly wouldn't point and laugh like I think Vanderpump wants to do - even though MY pointing finger is just fine.

Yo really was hateful toward Joyce at that reunion - imo Joyce didn't get enough of a chance; I was interested in her family and how they blended cultures, and also thought both she and her husband seemed like good-hearted people.
  • Love 11

The list of Yo's meds are scary. With all the doctors she sees, I wonder if she has one that over sees her whole regimen. This is a critical point. Maybe she needs to take a med break and let her body settle down and take it from there.

I don't know what to think about the kids diagnosis. My gut instinct is skeptical.

One behavior that I think hurts Yo is her tendency to exaggerate symptoms such as the no brain function. If she is serious about educating people then she needs to speak in a more understandable and relatable manner.

Edited by FanOfTheFans
  • Love 5

Yo really was hateful toward Joyce at that reunion - imo Joyce didn't get enough of a chance; I was interested in her family and how they blended cultures, and also thought both she and her husband seemed like good-hearted people.

Agreed and Agreed.  I just couldn't get past the hair flipping, some of her clothing, her husband's pee pee and her moronic behavior at the gun range.  She seemed nice enough but I couldn't take her seriously in any capacity.  Even when she was trying reeeeally hard to be serious, like at her anti-bullying shoot, she made me cringe for women everywhere.  She was too nice/naïve/silly for this group.  The word that comes to mind when I think of Joyce is 'featherbrained'. I try to think which franchise she'd fit into and I seriously can't think of one.  IMO, some women are cut out for these shows and some aren't.  I think she was one of them. 

• Love 3

Agreed and Agreed.  I just couldn't get past the hair flipping, some of her clothing, her husband's pee pee and her moronic behavior at the gun range.  She seemed nice enough but I couldn't take her seriously in any capacity.  Even when she was trying reeeeally hard to be serious, like at her anti-bullying shoot, she made me cringe for women everywhere.  She was too nice/naïve/silly for this group.  The word that comes to mind when I think of Joyce is 'featherbrained'. I try to think which franchise she'd fit into and I seriously can't think of one.  IMO, some women are cut out for these shows and some aren't.  I think she was one of them.

The pageant thing was a tough sell for me - I've always hated that scene - but imo all of these women are lightweights when it comes to intellectual pursuits, and superficial in their obsession about how they look. At least Joyce and husband seemed to have good hearts - I'd like to see more like that and fewer zero-sum game players. But, for their sake, it's probably a good thing Joyce and family are off the show.
  • Love 7

How did this go down?  Do you think she pulled Anwar and Bella aside and told them they were going to go along with this elaborate lie?  Or do they really think they're sick because she found a doctor to lie to them and to their father?  Or is Mohammed in on it, too?

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm curious about how everyone who thinks the kids' illnesses are fake, how it came to be.

I'm having a hard time believing Yo and her kids are so twisted.  But stranger things have happened.

Growing up, I was nowhere near as wealthy as the Hadids but I was probably as sheltered and coddled. It's really not all that difficult to conjecture that Yo, a very hands-on mother, directs the health care decisions and appointments of her brood. Had my mother taken my to a professional when I was in my teens, I would have followed her lead without question.

Perhaps Mo is ignorant of the facts pertaining to Lyme. Perhaps he doesn't want to contradict his children's mother publicly on the issue. Perhaps he has voiced objections and Bella has made her own decisions regarding what she elects to believe.

All speculation, of course.

Edited to add: kids are very suggestible naturally, in my opinion. As a teacher, you may or may not disagree. But I'd argue that elements of that quality has factored into, say, phenomenon like the daycare abuse/Satanic panic hysterica of the '80s. An adult in power can make certain impressionable charges believe anything.

I thought the same thing about the love notes, now empty words compared to jewelry and it's increasing value. I think she knew he was cheap and just tried to keep him happy. Looks like her whole focus is on getting better. The break up no doubt effected her emotionally but her health problems are far reaching and over shadow everything else. Even the king lost his crown to her quest for a cure.

Will she find a cure, heaven only knows. Has the disease turned her into a more compassionate person, it seems so. Admitting she understand those who doubt her chronic symptoms is the right attitude. It seems she's determined to put her health first, not fret over what others believe about her. I hope she gets better but it may take time.

Devising an opinion to this show or an accompanying blog inherently requires a not insignificant amount of transposition, inductive interpretation, and, more often that not diction-parsing. But commencing one's recap of recent events in one's life with a, by definition, critical nod to other's "lack of compassion" (which is so ubiquitous that she's grown accustomed to it . . . but apparently not accustomed enough to refrain from mentioning it) does not suggest a flowering of compassion on one's own part.

Additionally, because this cannot be emphasized enough, Yolanda positioned her situation in that bog as an equivalent to that of AIDS patients in the "early '80s," prior to the development of any effective treatment for that affliction. She actually implies that she is suffering more than those contending with AIDS because, according to her, Lyme is more widespread and her counterparts enjoy the support of "a united world." Tell that to those who continue to deal with a disease that is so pervasively stigmatized that men in Africa will literally rape children in an effort to remedy themselves.

These might be the most disgusting remarks I've ever encountered from a Housewife. (Perhaps unsurprisingly, a strong contender for runner-up would be the "you can't call someone racist" and "be quiet, (insert implied 'brown lady' here)" that Yo and her Dream Team decided were the appropriate response to Brandi's bigotry toward Joyce)

Yolanda is not compassionate. She is, at best, grotesquely ignorant and (my vote), at worst, monstroustly self-absorbed.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 12

But this issue is going to explode.  There are 100s of thousands of new cases a year!!...And thousands more not diagnosed.  The CDC can't hide forever!!

This.  Just as I knew in my guts that gay marriage HAD to be and WOULD BE legalized through out the country, I know this issue will explode and finally be recognized and given the research dollars. 

I always knew that about LGBT rights but I wasn't aware of how Lyme was swept under the carpet until I started reading about it here and looking at articles myself.  So, for as much as Yo gets under my skin sometime, there's no denying she's brought awareness.

• Love 3

From Yolanda's Blog:

"If Lyme wasn’t such a controversial disease, I'd probably have chosen to deal with my journey in a more private manner, but the amount of suffering that goes on behind closed doors all over the world is unconscionable, and I feel it's my duty to be a voice for those who can't be heard. I want to shine a light on a disease that so many know so little about."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what I appreciate. I hate having gotten the disease that people think is non existent. Even our government won't accept it. My insurance certainly doesn't recognize it (That's to save their $$$). But this issue is going to explode. There are 100s of thousands of new cases a year!!...And thousands more not diagnosed. The CDC can't hide forever!!

Anyway, my point is, had she been stricken with a disease thats's highly funded and receives much attention, then I wouldn't see the need for showing her constant suffering. But I remember, when I was completely bed ridden for almost a year, I received well meaning texts from friends, saying that I must be tired. I didn't want to cause any eye rolls or "God, she's self absorbed"; but I had to let them know that it was attacking my organs, my nervous system and I couldn't walk, much less think. Being tired was the least of it.

Anyway, Yolanda is a strong lady and will overcome the vicious attacks. It's sad that her dick husband leaves her when she needs him most. Thankfully, she's independently wealthy and can take care of herself. But it doesn't take the place of a loving, supportive spouse...asshole.

Agreed - kudos to her for being willing to go public in such a big way!

People in the U.S. really think doctors know what to do, but it's just not so. I did all my own research and was lucky enough to find doctors willing to order the tests I needed to figure out all the complications. (Six doctors in four states, plus some specialists who didn't have a clue and prescribed dozens of drugs like those in Yo's closet, most of which I never filled.)

Interestingly, the gov't lab off the coast of Lyme CT that had been infecting ticks, mosquitoes and other animals since WWII was recently moved to a more secure location in Kansas. One lawsuit about insecure conditions that was brought by an employee of this lab was settled quickly and quietly. I'm not sure we'll ever really know what the CDC is hiding, but I suspect some of it has to do with the bacteria's ability to protect itself from antibiotics and those conditions cited in the lawsuit.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

I honestly think she may have taken both kids to 1 of her "Holistic" people and had them 'tested' and diagnosed by them. Either Mohammed believes her or is going along with her in public because of the kids. I can also see Bella going along with it to appease her mother and to win favor from her as well as using it to excuse her DUI like she has and to explain why she isn't in the same catagory/demand as a model like her sister is. Oh, and lets not forget Bella claiming NLD is THE cause she will not be in the next Olympics. And...YES, I do think her kids would go along with this even if they knew it was a lie, afterall, they are the ONLY reason she doesn't kill herself! JS

• Love 8

Could she be feeding the two kids the same pills she's been taking (whatever they are) and that's the root cause? I remember her giving some to Gigi (I think) with the almonds carefully counted out. I won't be one bit surprised if it comes out one day that the huge amount of pills she's been popping into her and her kids' mouths is the reason she's ill. All it takes is going from one doctor to another, getting meds or herbal pills, without telling the doctor what else you're taking.

• Love 4

Could she be feeding the two kids the same pills she's been taking (whatever they are) and that's the root cause? I remember her giving some to Gigi (I think) with the almonds carefully counted out. I won't be one bit surprised if it comes out one day that the huge amount of pills she's been popping into her and her kids' mouths is the reason she's ill. All it takes is going from one doctor to another, getting meds or herbal pills, without telling the doctor what else you're taking.

Well, we did see her make a breakfest for her growing teen son of some fruit and a large handful of suppliments.....no protien or complex carbs at all, so it is more than possible she is making them all sick with these unregulated suppliments. JMO

• Love 4

Well, we did see her make a breakfest for her growing teen son of some fruit and a large handful of suppliments.....no protien or complex carbs at all, so it is more than possible she is making them all sick with these unregulated suppliments. JMO

To be fair, Anwar was going to football practice.  He may be of the belief, as I am and every trainer I've ever had, that you don't eat heavy proteins and/or fats before a work out. They digest too slowly.  There is a formula.  Or maybe he just doesn't like heavy food jostling around in his belly.  If you looked at my teen boy's small handful of supplements he takes every morning, you might think I was trying to make him sick, too.  Multivitamin, over the counter allergy pill, echinachea, Vitamin C, and a probiotic. 

If Yolanda IS this horrible monster that is purposely making her kids sick and/or forcing them to lie about a sickness, I hope she's figured out soon.  Because, imo, that would make her the most heinous housewife ever.  She should be in prison.  Somebody should call CPS to have her investigated!

• Love 4

whats even more shocking about that preview is that Yolanda Foster Has a Parasite Two Feet Long!? How can she claim that she has no idea where it came from! its from all that traveling to different countries! 

You can get tapeworms from improperly cooked meat, fish and pork.  You can also get tapeworm from someone who has them that is preparing your food if they don't wash their hands properly.  We've all got parasites, people. ;-p  That said, the healthier you are, the less they are able to thrive in a body.

• Love 4