Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I wonder if watching his son be abused by Uncle Dave in this week's episode was a trigger for relapse?

...he was sober?!

Jessica bailed him out. Wonder how long that relationship will last...I only hope it doesn't end in an abandoned kid like his other ones.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

So, Jenelley is on vay-cay again? Looks like she wasn't involved then. Colour me surprised, and now who's living with a felon, Nathan? Bwahaha. They're as bad as each other. 
Come to think of it, was he not already a convicted something or other? He's hella shady. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

It's on InTouch now! It's true. Disorderly conduct, public intox, impairment and endangering himself/others, resisting arrest. Myrtle Beach yesterday.

Why does this dude ALWAYS resist arrest? He got convicted of physically threatening one of the cops last time, too. What does he think that's going to accomplish?!

Also Lewd, Obscene, Profane language.  I wonder if video or audio recordings will be released.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I wonder if watching his son be abused by Uncle Dave in this week's episode was a trigger for relapse?

That would assume that Nathan would care....I would say he would not.  He wants custody to win....just like Jenelle.  Neither gives a flip about Kaiser.  

45 minutes ago, Katt said:

So, Jenelley is on vay-cay again? Looks like she wasn't involved then. Colour me surprised, and now who's living with a felon, Nathan? Bwahaha. They're as bad as each other. 
Come to think of it, was he not already a convicted something or other? He's hella shady. 

None of the charges looked like felonies...in fact, most looked to just be violations unless I was reading it wrong.  

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

That would assume that Nathan would care....I would say he would not.  He wants custody to win....just like Jenelle.  Neither gives a flip about Kaiser.  

None of the charges looked like felonies...in fact, most looked to just be violations unless I was reading it wrong.  

Misdemeanors. Neither one is a felon, nor is Uncle Dave--not sure how they all get off so easily when they've gotten arrested so many times for serious crimes. I believe they tried to prosecute her assault on Jessica as a felony, but she was never charged with one. Same thing with the DUI Nathan got while on the show--it was his third so could have been charged as a felony, but wasn't.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3
(edited)

No, I don't think you were, Shelley1005. I just assumed it was felonious because he resisted arrest and that is sometimes a felony, depending on how one resists and because I really want these people to suffer some kind of frigging punishment for not behaving themselves, EVER. How many times have they been arrested? I'm 40 on Tuesday and not once. 

Edited by Katt
Missing words, lol
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, SneakyCentipede said:

To be honest that "trailer trash that one the lottery" cracked me up because it was spot on. Jenelle is a monster; she does not have one tiny even fleeting moment of caring about her kids and their well being. She's only concerned about her dick of the month and drugs. Evidence? When she was crying over Nathan bailing on the baby shower and Jace tried to cheer her up with the rainbow song which went in-noticed, then says "well I'll be there to help you" and she all but said fuck off I want naaaathan as she's maniacally drove around with her kid unbuckled in the back seat. She's a massive cunt abc my sympathy for here has been long gone. Plus, she's quick to fat shame women constantly, someone online put together a collage of all her nasty tweets calling various women fat bitches. So forgive me if I don't feel said that the chickens have come home to roost. She's vile. 

Yep, one of the funniest (and truest) comments ever on this show. Fuck her.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/11/2016 at 8:47 PM, SneakyCentipede said:

To be honest that "trailer trash that one the lottery" cracked me up because it was spot on. Jenelle is a monster; she does not have one tiny even fleeting moment of caring about her kids and their well being. She's only concerned about her dick of the month and drugs. Evidence? When she was crying over Nathan bailing on the baby shower and Jace tried to cheer her up with the rainbow song which went in-noticed, then says "well I'll be there to help you" and she all but said fuck off I want naaaathan as she's maniacally drove around with her kid unbuckled in the back seat. She's a massive cunt abc my sympathy for here has been long gone. Plus, she's quick to fat shame women constantly, someone online put together a collage of all her nasty tweets calling various women fat bitches. So forgive me if I don't feel said that the chickens have come home to roost. She's vile. 

Spot on.

If I may add, how many times has Jenelle called out her own mother for "only being a grandma!" and not being Jace's parent?  She has said that with so much venom in her delivery because she wanted Barb to hurt, nothing more. Is that not hitting below the belt? 

Jenelle has said, screamed, and yelled some of the most vicious and ugly things to Barb over the years. And it did not stop with Barb, as you pointed out in your post. 

It seems to me if Jenelle is bothered by that weight remark, she should think about how many people she hurt over the years with her venomous words. Jenelle is a violent person in more ways than one. 

I honestly would rather hear someone else, not Drew,  tell Jenelle point blank what she is and what she isn't. She is not a mother. She lacks any concious. She is a horrible person to Barb. She is not a victim of Barb. She is not concerned for her kids. She should give Kaiser to someone else to raise. She has no business being in any relationships until she gets into therapy and receives prooer psychiatric care. She needs to relinquish her parental rights to her children if she does not follow through with proper help.

Question...how do therapists deal with patients like Jenelle? I imagine it is a struggle.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yep, one of the funniest (and truest) comments ever on this show. Fuck her.

Yeah, when it comes to Jenelle, I don't give a fuck either. Being called "fat" pales in comparison to all the abuse she's hurled at Barb, Jace and Kaiser over the years. I'm not shedding any sympathy tears for her.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16

He appears in court tomorrow. I don't want to hear anymore from him about what a great parent he is...he's a shit, neglectful parent to two kids just like Jenelle. And an addict, clearly. Can MTV just create a Jenelle/Nathan/Adam/Leah shitty-person intervention and make THAT a show?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Like "You just work in a deli and I save lives!" Ha How's that going for you Jenelle?

Even though Barb isn't even close to a perfect parent....she shoulda responded with how she saved Jace's life...and mic dropped her way out of there and Jenelle's life for good.  

• Love 19

Barbara absolutely saved Jace's life, which is more than Jenelle ever did.

And I'm stoked to watch Nathan call Jenelle fat. It's a low brow comeback, and doesn't make any progress in this situation. But damn if it isn't funny.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

Barbara absolutely saved Jace's life, which is more than Jenelle ever did.

And I'm stoked to watch Nathan call Jenelle fat. It's a low brow comeback, and doesn't make any progress in this situation. But damn if it isn't funny.

I definitely don't feel bad for her, and Jenelle is equally verbally abusive, especially to Barb. That WalMart comment still makes me ill. But the comment on his part is definitely still abusive and speaks to his total, utter lack of character. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Spot on.

If I may add, how many times has Jenelle called out her own mother for "only being a grandma!" and not being Jace's parent?  She has said that with so much venom in her delivery because she wanted Barb to hurt, nothing more. Is that not hitting below the belt? 

Jenelle has said, screamed, and yelled some of the most vicious and ugly things to Barb over the years. And it did not stop with Barb, as you pointed out in your post. 

It seems to me if Jenelle is bothered by that weight remark, she should think about how many people she hurt over the years with her venomous words. Jenelle is a violent person in more ways than one. 

I honestly would rather hear someone else, nit Drew,  tell Jenelle point blank what she is and what she isn't. She is not a mother. She lacks any concious. She is a hirrible person to Barb. She is not a victim of Barb. She is not concerned for her kids. She should give Kaiser to someone else to raise. She has no business being in any relationships until she gets into therapy and receives prooer psychiatric care. She needs to relinquush her parental rights to her children if she does not follow through with proper help.

Question...how do therapists deal with patients like Jenelle? I imagine it is a struggle.

You mean real therapists? Or fake ones that just take her money like her fake degree

12 hours ago, jadecorleone said:

The only way she is saving lives is by staying out of the medical field. I wouldnt want her anywhere near me

Lol. Jenelle would get sued. 

• Love 2

It really hurts me how Jenelle puts down her mother. Especially the walmart comment. At least Babs is making a living. Even at Walmart. That comment rubbed me the wrong way because my single dad worked minimum wage jobs to support my siblings and I. That kept us from starving. Just like walmart keeps Jace from starving. Jenelle is a bitch

• Love 14
1 hour ago, TonAmi said:

That Walmart money wasn't a problem when barb was nourishing her and providing shelter. Jenelle's simply a horrible human being.

It was certainly a good enough job when she was stealing Barb's credit cards to run to North Carolina to play the Sweepstakes

w Keifah.

• Love 15
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:53 AM, Farmfam said:

I don't want to point you out, directly. But trisomy 21 is Down Syndrome. The other two are trisomy 13 and trisomy 18 that they test for. They often do this after 10 weeks. 

I don't mean to sound "expertly" but my daughter has one of these trisomy disorders. 

Oh, I'm not offended, thanks for the correction.  It was over 2 years ago that I had it done so I couldn't remember.  :)

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:49 AM, neatoburrito said:

Probably a bit evil of me, but I would love for Jenelle and Tori to fall out. Tori could probably fill a book with all the grim things she knows about Jenelle that we don't, it'd be interesting to see what kind of dirt she'd dish. 

Something tells me they wouldn't have to have a falling out for Tori to sell her out.  That trashbag would betray her own mother for some cash to party/get high with.

• Love 4

The turning point for Nathan, remember, was when they were on vacay in Florida or wherever when he proposed to her in front of the whole restaurant and then later that night she was screaming some shit in the room about how someone should have died in Iraq. That was when he changed from making excuses for her to calling her out for what she is. That's got to be the bottom of the barrel with Jenelle's hurtful comments. It doesn't make Nathan any less of a skeez, but it shows at the very least there is a limit to how much Nathan can delude himself.

I do think in her mind Nathan was "the one" and it still hurts her enormously to be rejected by him. These other guys can come and go, they are interchangeable dicks, but he is the one she decided was supposed to be her happy ending, and it's pissing her off to no end that he won't play his part right. 

• Love 9

I bet it also pisses her off that she decided to have another kid with yet another guy who can no longer stand her. There is no doubt in my mind that she resents Kaiser now that Nathan's not around to play happy families with. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

The turning point for Nathan, remember, was when they were on vacay in Florida or wherever when he proposed to her in front of the whole restaurant and then later that night she was screaming some shit in the room about how someone should have died in Iraq. That was when he changed from making excuses for her to calling her out for what she is. That's got to be the bottom of the barrel with Jenelle's hurtful comments. It doesn't make Nathan any less of a skeez, but it shows at the very least there is a limit to how much Nathan can delude himself.

I do think in her mind Nathan was "the one" and it still hurts her enormously to be rejected by him. These other guys can come and go, they are interchangeable dicks, but he is the one she decided was supposed to be her happy ending, and it's pissing her off to no end that he won't play his part right. 

I think that was a couple days later. Supposedly his friends were stealing money from her or something, I have no idea. Her comments were disgusting. That shit was insane.

I thought (hoped) after that maybe he would leave her, but he continued to live with her and fuck her for quite a long time, profess his love, etc etc., so he lost his right to complain or feel superior. Like, you're still living off her and screwing her, and she just had your kid like 2 seconds ago--but you think you're way smarter and classier? And he bitches at her about Jace when he doesn't see his daughter at all.

I agree that for some reason she thought that was real, with him. It'd be sad if they weren't both such utter trash.

On June 12, 2016 at 4:31 PM, GreatKazu said:

Spot on.

I honestly would rather hear someone else, nit Drew,  tell Jenelle point blank what she is and what she isn't. She is not a mother. She lacks any concious. She is a hirrible person to Barb. She is not a victim of Barb. She is not concerned for her kids. She should give Kaiser to someone else to raise. She has no business being in any relationships until she gets into therapy and receives prooer psychiatric care. She needs to relinquush her parental rights to her children if she does not follow through with proper help.

YES. All of this!!

I can't imagine being her therapist;  if she actually was to go see a real therapist, not the VH1 employed kind.  I want to think everyone is capable of change; but Jenelle seems to be an exception. The best therapist I had was one I was seeing about 4 years ago to deal with the grief I was experiencing acres my fathers sudden death. Almost our 3rd or so session the gloves came over and she was practically in my face telling me what I'm doing wrong as a person, parent, family member, friend, and why my life had continued in this cycle. I remember storming out of there so mad swearing I'd never be back, she was supposed to be helping ME, I'm the one going thru something difficult I thought. But after a day or two I got to thinking about how right she was on a lot of things; and that by me storming out and never coming back I was continuing the pattern of basically being a big flake who can't fully commit to anything. So I went back and she was immensely helpful. But the thing with Jenelle is I don't think she has the self-reflection or ability to take constructive criticism. She wants to be surrounded by yes-men; like her boyfriends all start out singing the same song that Barb is terrible and she's keeping Jace from Jenelle. The minute these guys stop being her echo chamber and stand up to her is when the dramatic fights and cop calling antics start up. So I dunno what to even hope for with her 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SneakyCentipede said:

YES. All of this!!

I can't imagine being her therapist;  if she actually was to go see a real therapist, not the VH1 employed kind.  I want to think everyone is capable of change; but Jenelle seems to be an exception. The best therapist I had was one I was seeing about 4 years ago to deal with the grief I was experiencing acres my fathers sudden death. Almost our 3rd or so session the gloves came over and she was practically in my face telling me what I'm doing wrong as a person, parent, family member, friend, and why my life had continued in this cycle. I remember storming out of there so mad swearing I'd never be back, she was supposed to be helping ME, I'm the one going thru something difficult I thought. But after a day or two I got to thinking about how right she was on a lot of things; and that by me storming out and never coming back I was continuing the pattern of basically being a big flake who can't fully commit to anything. So I went back and she was immensely helpful. But the thing with Jenelle is I don't think she has the self-reflection or ability to take constructive criticism. She wants to be surrounded by yes-men; like her boyfriends all start out singing the same song that Barb is terrible and she's keeping Jace from Jenelle. The minute these guys stop being her echo chamber and stand up to her is when the dramatic fights and cop calling antics start up. So I dunno what to even hope for with her 

Right. Jenelle cannot stand hearing she might be wrong. Ever. So, how would a real therapist deal with someone like that if they sought therapy? 

• Love 4

I have an in-law with Borderline Personality Disorder and when she briefly went to therapy, she basically manipulated and lied to her therapist. Unless you find a really good therapist who can see through shit and not be manipulated, I don't know if therapy would really help Jenelle. Granted, if her therapist just watched TM2, she'd be set and not believe any of Jenelle's BS.

• Love 5

I've had my fair share of work with those with personality disorders.  It is incredibly challenging and isn't something that can be done lightly.  Whether Jenelle is borderline or not, that's not for me to say.  It's between herself and her treatment providers.  

• Love 1

Darknight, I totally agree with you, I also was so hurt by her comments to her own hard working mother. People may say that Barb was never a great mother to her own kids, but dammit, she took in baby Jace and how many grandmothers would/could do that? I sure never could, disabled or not, it is just not in my makeup. Barb works her azz off, she should have been enjoying her years, not having to wonder how to provide and care for a baby! I just hate the way Jenelle talks to Barb, and now that stupid dick talks down to her as well. No respect at all. Just breaks my heart to watch her be so abused by both Jenelle & her new DICK.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I've had my fair share of work with those with personality disorders.  It is incredibly challenging and isn't something that can be done lightly.  Whether Jenelle is borderline or not, that's not for me to say.  It's between herself and her treatment providers.  

Can you share some insight on how you go about communicating with these type of patients? I am curious. 

BPD is primarily caused by severe, prolonged childhood trauma (the #1 predictor) and deserves a great deal of compassion. They are also far more likely to harm themselves than others, so I don't know that Jenelle qualifies there. Very few BPD women are violent towards anyone but themselves. There is also a huge stigma that prevents them from seeking treatment. Jenelle's extreme moods and tendency towards violence in the past would suggest bipolar disorder or plain old addiction. But that's between her and a therapist.

@SneakyCentipede, that is a fantastic description of her patterns. I'd add that her partners all need some sort of enabling themselves...from Kieffer and Courtland to Nathan and Dave, they've all been assholes and addicts in their own right. They all seem to want to get with a "TV star," do drugs/drink, have sex, and mooch mooch mooch, along with being occasionally violent towards anybody who happens to be around. When either of them is like "hey maybe don't be an asshole/cheat" the other one FLIPS and there are arrests and breakups. Then there's a baby and/or a ring, another breakup, the dude comes back one last time for some more sex and money, then maybe one final arrest and boom. New partners, custody battle. Toxicity personified. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Can you share some insight on how you go about communicating with these type of patients? I am curious. 

Sticking it out when you want to give up, establishing ground rules early that you both agree on, know your boundaries and then sticking to them.  Knowing that you are the professional, so your feelings and emotions...especially when someone is trying really hard to push all your buttons...just don't matter, not in a therapeutic manner.  You have to remember what your job is and try to make sure every interaction is doing that.  If not, work real hard to fix it.  I also make a firm choice and promise to never lie to a borderline client.  Once you do that...the trust is lost.  I'd rather have someone who is borderline storm out in a rage (they'll come back) because I told the truth than to have them know they were just lied to.....once you lie once, everything is a lie.  

In my experience, most people with borderline personality or borderline tendencies are just waiting for you to let them down or ditch them.  You will let them down because humans aren't perfect and because life is hard.  The key is how you handle it and how you keep showing up, even after you let them down and they walked/stormed away.  

Also, have a great supervisor.  You'll need it.  

I keep wanting to give examples....but even with clients and jobs that are many times removed, it's still no bueno.  

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

Sticking it out when you want to give up, establishing ground rules early that you both agree on, know your boundaries and then sticking to them.  Knowing that you are the professional, so your feelings and emotions...especially when someone is trying really hard to push all your buttons...just don't matter, not in a therapeutic manner.  You have to remember what your job is and try to make sure every interaction is doing that.  If not, work real hard to fix it.  I also make a firm choice and promise to never lie to a borderline client.  Once you do that...the trust is lost.  I'd rather have someone who is borderline storm out in a rage (they'll come back) because I told the truth than to have them know they were just lied to.....once you lie once, everything is a lie.  

In my experience, most people with borderline personality or borderline tendencies are just waiting for you to let them down or ditch them.  You will let them down because humans aren't perfect and because life is hard.  The key is how you handle it and how you keep showing up, even after you let them down and they walked/stormed away.  

Also, have a great supervisor.  You'll need it.  

I keep wanting to give examples....but even with clients and jobs that are many times removed, it's still no bueno.  

Thank you. Very emlightening. Can you elaborate a bit more on why the person is waiting or expecting  to be hurt by someone or have people disappoint them?

• Love 1

They are generally severely traumatized and have issues with healthy attachment.

"Studies have demonstrated that people diagnosed with BPD have a high prevalence of childhood sexual abuse. In addition, childhood sexual abuse is associated with attachment avoidance. Some estimate a 75 percent rate of childhood sexual abuse in BPD patients. Furthermore, childhood sexual abuse was found to distinguish BPD patients from depressed, non-BPD adolescents.

Childhood sexual abuse is not the only form of maltreatment that has been linked with BPD. Physical abuse, emotional abuse and neglect are all associated with the development of the disorder. In some studies, the rates of maltreatment were as high as 90 percent in BPD patients."

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Thank you. Very emlightening. Can you elaborate a bit more on why the person is waiting or expecting  to be hurt by someone or have people disappoint them?

It depends on the person, but in my experience it was because they had a life of disappointment and abuse/trauma...and people not stepping up for them when they should have.  As a result, they often get labeled trouble and reactive....and therefore, anticipate people only seeing the outer personality they put on in order to protect themselves and then be thrown away when they behave inappropriately.  It can be a vicious cycle....and something that can become almost unconscious with how they react.  It is why cognitive behavioral therapy can be really effective to try to force an intervention to break that behavior cycle.  

The old adage for borderline personality disorder...which is I feel is outdated, but kind of makes the point is someone saying "I HATE YOU...PLEASE LOVE ME."  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

It depends on the person, but in my experience it was because they had a life of disappointment and abuse/trauma...and people not stepping up for them when they should have.  As a result, they often get labeled trouble and reactive....and therefore, anticipate people only seeing the outer personality they put on in order to protect themselves and then be thrown away when they behave inappropriately.  It can be a vicious cycle....and something that can become almost unconscious with how they react.  It is why cognitive behavioral therapy can be really effective to try to force an intervention to break that behavior cycle.  

The old adage for borderline personality disorder...which is I feel is outdated, but kind of makes the point is someone saying "I HATE YOU...PLEASE LOVE ME."  

Thank you.  It helps to understand things better with regards to how Jenelle thinks and feels. 

In your opinion, and I realize you can only go by what you see on the show, can most of Jenelle's issues be traced back to her upbringing which involved domestic violence? Or is part of it genetic?

• Love 1
Just now, GreatKazu said:

Thank you.  It helps to understand things better with regards to how Jenelle thinks and feels. 

In your opinion, and I realize you can only go by what you see on the show, can most of Jenelle's issues be traced back to her upbringing which involved domestic violence? Or is part of it genetic?

I wouldn't even say with any level of certainty that Jenelle has BPD.  Personality disorders are incredibly difficult to diagnose because of how complex they are.  However, I do think she has common characteristics...from watching on tv.  She clearly wants to connect with people, however she is also very quick to dismiss them or to push them away.  The interaction with Barb when she said she wasn't "nourishing" her as a child is a prime example.  If you asked Jenelle what she wanted out of that interaction...is she wanted her mother to show her that she cared that she was in pain and suffering, but when that didn't happen authentically...she went on the attack and then would never get the reaction she hoped for.  

I am a firm believer that nurture has much more impact in the grand scheme of things than nature.  I think the experiences, particularly traumatic ones in childhood....can have an almost imprinting effect on one's personality and their behavioral responses.  I am also a firm believer that those who have at least one consistent and healthy person who supports you...then your coping mechanisms to handle what comes your way are going to be significantly better than those who don't.  It's basically the philosophy of if you have one person growing up who you know no matter what cares for you...you are a million times more likely to be successful.  So, there is hope for Jace.  Barb wasn't that for Jenelle, but it does seem like she is that for Jace.

I also think having MTV in her life is a blessing and a curse.  It is a blessing because it raised her and her family out of poverty.  However, I also think it is a curse because it created an environment for Jenelle to be judged by millions, enabled by millions and also created an environment where her participation in the show makes it so she is not held accountable for many of her actions.  Without that...she might have made some significant changes, but since she hasn't been forced to, she just isn't going to.  

Jenelle clearly has some mental health issues, whether they be bipolar or anxiety or depression, however I think any of that was multiplied by a million because of what she experienced/witnessed as a child and then being involved in the show.  I think it was a perfect storm that created who Jenelle is.  It is only when I watch Jenelle of all the MTV teen moms...do I wish that MTV never chose her and often have a hard time watching her on tv. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Right. Jenelle cannot stand hearing she might be wrong. Ever. So, how would a real therapist deal with someone like that if they sought therapy? 

It may very well be even therapy couldn't help Jenelle, if, for example, she were to be diagnosed as having anti-social personality disorder. Using just what we've seen of her on TM2, that could very well be her issue (although the U.S. diagnostic criteria for ASPD requires the patient must have shown signs of conduct disorder prior to the age of 15 - and we don't know if Jenelle did). If that's the case, I feel for both Jenelle and her children, as ASPD doesn't have a "cure" per se, nor are there any drug therapies to treat it.

It's all academic anyway, because if Jenelle does have ASPD, she doesn't have the personality traits that would allow her to realize she has a problem for which she needs to seek treatment.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

It may very well be even therapy couldn't help Jenelle, if, for example, she were to be diagnosed as having anti-social personality disorder. Using just what we've seen of her on TM2, that could very well be her issue (although the U.S. diagnostic criteria for ASPD requires the patient must have shown signs of conduct disorder prior to the age of 15 - and we don't know if Jenelle did). If that's the case, I feel for both Jenelle and her children, as ASPD doesn't have a "cure" per se, nor are there any drug therapies to treat it.

It's all academic anyway, because if Jenelle does have ASPD, she doesn't have the personality traits that would allow her to realize she has a problem for which she needs to seek treatment.

I did read that Jenelle had a lengthy juvenile record. .Sneaking out, getting into fights etc. She didn't become this way overnight.   She has no affect or feelings for anyone besides herself . You will never see her be truly grateful towards Barb or remorseful for her actions.  Everything is always someone else's fault. Jenelle's misery is self-inflicted.  Kind of sad really that a sociopath like her will never experience true joy or happiness. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

BPD is primarily caused by severe, prolonged childhood trauma (the #1 predictor) and deserves a great deal of compassion. They are also far more likely to harm themselves than others, so I don't know that Jenelle qualifies there. Very few BPD women are violent towards anyone but themselves.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all (not a subject I am super knowledgeable about), but did anyone catch Nathan trying to mention last night something about Jenelle cutting her wrist? There was so much talking over each other, but I could have swear he tried to bring that up twice. 

• Love 3