Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

E News reported on air tonight that, in addition to the charges we've seen here, Kim was harassing other patrons.

I am sure there will be some videos. Not that it is ever a good thing someone makes an ass of themselves in public but just maybe Brandi will take note that there are consequences for being drunk and disorderly and it isn't just the lack of a tampon endorsement.  Of  course the burning question is was Kim sipping Brandi's new wine that was released yesterday?  Why drunks should not pimp liquor. 

I am curious who she was originally in the bar with?  Monty?

• Love 5

In a way this feels like Teresa 2.0. A Housewife deep in denial, said everything's great (Teresa: "Don't believe everything you read," Kim: "I love my life!" "I'm not struggling"), then gets busted by the authorities, and the jig is up. Like Teresa, I predict Kim going dark, possibly rehab, and then a one-on-one interview with Andy. But another season on their respective shows? No way.

• Love 7

Anyone know how many times Kimmy has been through rehab so far? I figure we'll get an announcement about the next one by tomorrow.

I know of four so probably five.  I think there may have been some detoxs-like the one we saw this season.

• Love 6

I agree, it's not the first time, but it's involving an arrest. And it's very public. And Bravo has no comment. I just feel bad for her and her kids.

I have no sympathy left for Kim, her actions when KR/Alexia got bitten by her dog removed any ounce of compassion I had left towards her. Her children and family are the ones deserving sympathy, compassion and support, not Kim, at least IMO.

I hope her kids/family finally let Kim hit bottom so she can really begin the work needed to get clean/sober for real but I don't hold out hope they will just because the 2nd wedding is soon and they will all want Kim there even though it would be better she stays in an inpatient treatment program that is longer than 90 days. Kim left her last rehab stint, a 90 day program, a week shy of 30 days. I also hope Bravo cuts ties with her, she needs to put a real effort into getting clean/sober and can not on this show.  

• Love 13

It's probably more embarrassing for her family than for her, plus you're only as sick as your secrets, right?  Kim can't bullshit and threaten her way out of this one, which I think is a good thing.  She needs that tough love even if it must come from the legal system.

• Love 8

Alcoholism is a disease.  Lyme's disease is a disease.  Yolanda exhibited some of the effects of Lyme's disease during the reunion.  Kim exhibited some of the effects of alcoholism at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Yolanda has reached a low point.  So has Kim.  Yolanda goes to bed and suffers silently (as far as we know).  Wanting isolation is part of Yolanda's disease since her brain is affected.  Kim suffers publicly, as that is often an offshoot of alcoholism.  So is doing and saying mean things and lying.  Yolanda has said that she would do anything to rid herself of her disease.  Kim is not willing to do anything because her brain is also affected, and most alcoholics would rather drink than suffer more without the alcohol.  Both diseases affect a person mentally and physically. 

How readily and easily we pillory Kim!  Some onlookers are downright gleeful that Kim is going to be made to suffer.  I haven't heard of anyone who is happy to see Yolanda suffer.

Both women are in dire need of help, the sooner the better.  Both of them have my prayers.  So does Kyle, who is in New York because her ill sister says that she feels closer to a tarnished friend than she does to her own sister.  Kyle is in New York because Kim compared her unfavorably with their other sister.  Kyle is hurting.  She doesn't quite realize that both statements were the DISEASE talking, not the feelings of Kim's heart.

Some of the remarks following Kim's arrest suggest that there truly is a difference in outlook between a physical and a mental illness.  In a perfect world, neither woman would suffer.  But the world isn't perfect.  In a perfect world, mental and physical illnesses would be treated with the same compassion.  But the world isn't perfect. 

• Love 12

Of  course the burning question is was Kim sipping Brandi's new wine that was released yesterday?  Why drunks should not pimp liquor. 

Good one. Bad timing for Brandi.

Good guess, but I bet she was alone.

I doubt will go to rehab before the wedding.  Depending on the date must rehabs don't let you out during the first 30 days.

My understanding of rehab facilities is that you're not held there, and certainly not against your will. But they advise a minimum 28 days, and often suggest staying longer. (Although apologies if I'm taking your post too literally).

• Love 3

Some onlookers are downright gleeful that Kim is going to be made to suffer.  I haven't heard of anyone who is happy to see Yolanda suffer.

Nah, I have huge sympathy for sufferers of both mental and physical illness, having been there. My issue with Kim is that, based on what we've been shown, and events she has acknowledged, I think she is a bad person. And sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

Whereas I'm glad that Kyle, Eileen and Lisa R, etc. - who were berated and beaten down over their concern for her - have been vindicated and proven not to be "eggbeaters." 

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 17

I am sure there will be some videos. Not that it is ever a good thing someone makes an ass of themselves in public but just maybe Brandi will take note that there are consequences for being drunk and disorderly and it isn't just the lack of a tampon endorsement.  Of  course the burning question is was Kim sipping Brandi's new wine that was released yesterday?  Why drunks should not pimp liquor. 

No fucking way in holy hell is the Beverly Hills Polo Lounge serving Brandi's swill.  

That's some Ramona Pinot caliber swill that will be probably be found at Target and mass liquor retailers, not an upscale establishment like the Polo Lounge.

Nephew Conrad would be so proud.

I wonder if she was calling them peasants.

• Love 6

No fucking way in holy hell is the Beverly Hills Polo Lounge serving Brandi's swill.  

That's some Ramona Pinot caliber swill that will be probably be found at Target and mass liquor retailers, not an upscale establishment like the Polo Lounge.

I'm guessing it was Vicki's Vodka (one report said she was downing vodka tonics). The only question is: bacon flavored, or citrus?

• Love 4

I caught an old reunion episode not too long ago and Kim was talking to Andy shortly after leaving rehab. She said something like she was going to make it work this time because she was afraid that she'd die if she didn't. This is what I thought of when I read the news abt her arrest. I don't care for her personality much and she can be pretty vicious at times but I can't help but feel that things aren't going to end well for her and that's sad.

• Love 8

I've been drunkenly belligerent and insolent and kicked out of places that should not have allowed me to darken the door mat but never ever have I ever kicked a police officer. 

• Love 5

I doubt will go to rehab before the wedding.  Depending on the date must rehabs don't let you out during the first 30 days.

You are free to come and go at will.  You are never locked in.   

There is a great debate about any addiction being called a disease.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I do feel bad for Kim, alcoholism is very serious. I want her to have her Robert Downey Jr. come to God moment.

I also feel for the other patrons of the restaurant who were so disturbed by her hotel management had to call the police. That is why the old video of Kim I linked to came to mind. She was, even though many younger people can't fathom, a very big thing in her child star days. She was a Disney go to girl, much as Hailey Mills before her. She may look average in retrospect, but at the time she had "the" hair. Every girl I knew wanted that waist length healthy blonde hair. She was known for her look, skinny blonde California girl. 

I just saw a lot of entitled SUPERSTAH behavior in that old TMZ airport video, and in her completely unapologetic self on BH.

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 8

Kim and Yolanda both suffer from diseases, but that's about the only thing they have in common. Yolanda is open and upfront about Lyme Disease, is seeking treatment and help, and is using her public role to inform and help others. Kim has been a closet alcoholic/addict her whole adult life. She's in denial, won't talk about it, and viciously attacks everyone else, from her co-workers to her sister to her own niece, as a means to cover for her relapses/continued addiction. All the people she's gone after and hurt are the ones that deserve sympathy. As does Yolanda. Kim will only get my sympathy if she asks for it - in an honest way (as Kyle has been saying lately). If she ever gets real. I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 24

Alcoholism is a disease. That doesn't mean I'm going to cry Kim a river if she runs someone down and kills them while she's altered. From my limited experience, having watched tons of Intervention - many addicts are spoiled. They need others to enable the disease. Comparing Kim's disease to Yolanda's is very unfair - Kim can choose to get help.

Exactly. I don't think the two are comparable at all. Alcoholism and addiction may be diseases but as you said, you can choose to get help for them. At some point drinking and using is a choice.

Yolanda can't decide tomorrow that she's sick of being sick and go get help. Kim can and chooses not to.

I'd also like to second what Persnickity said above. I agree.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 16

People can have diseases and still be mentally,  morally, and ethically competent.  I don't care for the notion that just because someone has a mental illness, it means they are unable to know right from wrong and unable to control themselves at all.  I, and many other people who suffer are not assholes just because we are ill.  An asshole may be ill but not all ill people are assholes.

But if I ever back into someone's car in the parking lot, it's good to know that I can just leave a note saying "I have severe major depressive disorder. Blah, blah, blah, right?" and then be on my merry way!  LOL  

eta:  Yaddas are not the same as Blahs, when will I ever learn.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 19

I take no glee in Kim being caught. Those are my key words. Being CAUGHT. Because there is a 0% (pain) chance she was sober during filming this season. I remember watching her talking heads (especially the ones where she is dressed in all black) and thinking to myself, "Holy crap. She's lit." 

The biggest issue here, in my (non-expert) opinion, is that Kim is both a textbook narcissist* and an addict. With an addict, they can hit rock bottom and ask for help, and mean it. I truly believe that Kim has been forced into rehab numerous times, and (my speculation) none of them have ever been her crying out for help. 

As a narcissist, she believes she is above the law. She believes she is better than everyone. She will never apologize, or ask for help, because that is beneath her. That is why I fully believe she will never be clean. Which is sad, for everyone involved, but especially her family. I can not imagine the suffering they have gone through. What about THEIR pain, indeed. 

*I say this as someone who's brother is engaged to one. It's awful. Narcissists are vampires. They won't stop sucking your soul until you have nothing left to give. And then they'll find a new source to suck on. 

• Love 22

HUGS to everyone who has dealt/deals with illnesses and hardships.  It's such a shitty thing to bond over, but I'm glad we can be here for each other.  What a triggering, emotional season this has been.  

For those who say Kim is also suffering with comorbid disorders, then that's all the more reason she needs to get herself clean and sober.  She needs to be able to get help for anything else she's dealing with but she can't if she's too busy self-medicating and taking her anger out on the world.  It's all too tempting to zone out on some vice, but it's not doing that person any good.  I totally believe, from my experiences, that Kim is a Narcissist, perhaps among other things, and she's not going to go down (relent and seek help) easily.  Kim needs to be given consequences for her actions and if she really cares for her family and wants to be in their lives, then she's going to have to deal with herself, first and foremost.  It's not easy, but what is.

• Love 14

But if I ever back into someone's car in the parking lot, it's good to know that I can just leave a note saying "I have severe major depressive disorder. Yadda, ydda, yadda, right?" and then be on my merry way!  LOL  

It should be, "blah blah blah". lol  Yes, totally agree. Just know, you can also put your kids through hell for 20 years and put the blame on your sibling for everything you do!

AnnA - LMAO  I was waiting for you to pull out something about this arrest. Thank you for that pic!

Mya Stone:

The biggest issue here, in my (non-expert) opinion, is that Kim is both a textbook narcissist* and an addict. With an addict, they can hit rock bottom and ask for help, and mean it. I truly believe that Kim has been forced into rehab numerous times, and (my speculation) none of them have ever been her crying out for help.

As a narcissist, she believes she is above the law.

A-fucking-men!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Didn't Kim assume that because she felt threatened by Rinna's texts that Lisar must have a record of battery? And it's actually Kim who committed battery when she kicked a police officer during her arrest.

I don't feel sorry for Kim. I'm glad she got arrested if she wouldn't leave the hotel after they asked her to go. Every single time she digs her own grave but always places the blame on someone else. I'll bet this is Kyle's fault too. Oh, and the drunken relapse after being sober for 3 years is surely due to Kyle somehow.

Goodbye Kim, get real about your DRUG and alcohol addiction and stay off reality tv.

And someone please take custody of Kingsley bc we all know he's not boarding with some trainer.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 11

You're so right, GreatKazu, it was blah, blah, blah.  I get my blahs and my yaddas mixed up sometimes.  

I probably have more grounds to blame my brother ("You stole my Goddamn Virginity!") than Kim does with Kyle, but I'm an adult and I've made so many dumbass choices, that were all my very own, and I (sometimes too proudly lol ) take responsibility for them.  It doesn't matter whether I liked Kyle as a person or not, she doesn't deserve to have Kim blaming her for her own choices in life.  It's just not right.  Kyle needs to let Better Sister Kathy deal with that mess from now on.  

• Love 8

Hahahahaha! This needs to be shared over and over!

AnnA - LMAO  I was waiting for you to pull out something about this arrest. Thank you for that pic!

I didn't know about Kim's arrest until I read the forum tonight.   I'm trying my best to avoid discussing Kim and Brandi so I really had nothing to say but that didn't mean I had nothing to post.  :)

• Love 3

Didn't Kim assume that because she felt threatened by Rinna's texts that Lisar must have a record of battery? And it's actually Kim who committed battery when she kicked a police officer during her arrest.

Touché! You're right - I think she was even so certain that LisaR had a record that she said: look it up! Lisa will never admit it, but I bet she's feeling a sense of karma today. We don't even have to look Kim's record up - she made it public.

• Love 3

I have to imagine that incident was pretty bad. Typically I would think that security would be able to handle dealing with one drunk woman but then most women aren't like Kim Richards. I bet she was saying all kinds of cracked out loopy shit that the employees who work at the hotel and restaurant are probably still talking about it today. The cops too. 

I wonder what she was saying to the other patrons and if there were any other notable names present? I'm sure security asked her to leave or to calm down or whatever and that the situation only got worse from there. I wonder how long she was in the bathroom before she finally decided to come out? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she flushed something.

Okay, I have reached my quota of positive quotes for the day. You all were on a roll!

I have too. It's 100% Kim's goddamn fault too. ;-)

• Love 5

Poor Monty. Trying to live as comfortably as possible and this is his main support? Just too sad.

I don't believe Kim the lying liar who lies when she says she is his main support. I know Monty is terminal, but according to a poster here in another thread he's traveling at the moment, so I think Kim has exaggerated his current condition.

ONE of the reasons I don't like Kim is how she uses Monty and his awful diagnosis as a means of manipulating others, eg to get sympathy. Gosh, she just gives me so many reasons...

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 7

Okay, I have reached my quota of positive quotes for the day. You all were on a roll!

Same here.  I tried logging out and then logging back in to see if they'd reset but nope.   Why are there quotas anyway?  

I LIKE a lot of stuff, OKAY PTV?!  I'm easily amused.  lol 

• Love 7

Alcoholism is a disease.  Lyme's disease is a disease.  Yolanda exhibited some of the effects of Lyme's disease during the reunion.  Kim exhibited some of the effects of alcoholism at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Yolanda has reached a low point.  So has Kim.  Yolanda goes to bed and suffers silently (as far as we know).  Wanting isolation is part of Yolanda's disease since her brain is affected.  Kim suffers publicly, as that is often an offshoot of alcoholism.  So is doing and saying mean things and lying.  Yolanda has said that she would do anything to rid herself of her disease.  Kim is not willing to do anything because her brain is also affected, and most alcoholics would rather drink than suffer more without the alcohol.  Both diseases affect a person mentally and physically. 

How readily and easily we pillory Kim!  Some onlookers are downright gleeful that Kim is going to be made to suffer.  I haven't heard of anyone who is happy to see Yolanda suffer.

Both women are in dire need of help, the sooner the better.  Both of them have my prayers.  So does Kyle, who is in New York because her ill sister says that she feels closer to a tarnished friend than she does to her own sister.  Kyle is in New York because Kim compared her unfavorably with their other sister.  Kyle is hurting.  She doesn't quite realize that both statements were the DISEASE talking, not the feelings of Kim's heart.

Some of the remarks following Kim's arrest suggest that there truly is a difference in outlook between a physical and a mental illness.  In a perfect world, neither woman would suffer.  But the world isn't perfect.  In a perfect world, mental and physical illnesses would be treated with the same compassion.  But the world isn't perfect. 

The difference is that Yolanda is turning over every rock throughout the world to find a cure for her "disease". Kim has refused to do the work needed to treat/cure her "disease". In other words, Yolanda wants to get better and IMO Kim does not.

• Love 16