Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

Here's a question...LOL, Does Rick even show/list/sell properties himself now days or does he just sit in his ivory tower collecting the checks? LOL

I think he is just a broker with his name on the door.  Hence the bitterness when he claims he gave Mauricio leads.  Since he was taking half the commission he really didn't give Mauricio anything-Mauricio worked for it.

• Love 6

I don't think Kyle has a wonky eye like Kim.  Many people have one eye smaller than the other or higher than the other that really isn't noticeable except at different angles in still shots.  Kim's eye problem is quite pronounced at times.

I got a kick out of that instragram when Kyle was asked why she wasn't wearing her wedding ring.  Her response was that she wearing it and took the photo in a mirror.

Congrats to Mauricio.  Despite what some people have said about him in the past about stealing Rick's clients or just being friends with people to get listings, you don't become the number one Realtor in CA and third in the nation by being a low life phony.  You're really good at what you do. 

• Love 11

I don't think Kyle has a wonky eye like Kim.  Many people have one eye smaller than the other or higher than the other that really isn't noticeable except at different angles in still shots.  Kim's eye problem is quite pronounced at times.

I got a kick out of that instragram when Kyle was asked why she wasn't wearing her wedding ring.  Her response was that she wearing it and took the photo in a mirror.

Congrats to Mauricio.  Despite what some people have said about him in the past about stealing Rick's clients or just being friends with people to get listings, you don't become the number one Realtor in CA and third in the nation by being a low life phony.  You're really good at what you do. 

So true! Most people are slightly asymmetric. Haven't you all ever looked at a photo of your face and alternatively covered the right and left side and imagine it paired with an exact mirror image--sometimes the right and left halves can look very different. I've heard that models tend to be more symmetric than average. She may have slightly asymmetric eyes/eyelids with one being slightly smaller. Also depending on the angle of the photo and face it sometimes looks like one eye is rotated more inward....much of that seems to be due to angles but she may have a slight esophoria or exophoria. Regardless, Kyle is beautiful.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 5

The Agency's annual report-$6.2mbillion in sales.  Mauricio #3 in the US in sales and #1 in California.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it Ricky Hilton.  http://www.theagencyre.com/2016/02/agency-report-year-review-2015/

The truly amazing part is that the article says he nearly doubled his volume over last year. Didn't he do something like $400MM in sales last year? That is a huge increase. I know the commissions are hard to calculate because there are many unknowns about the structure, but it just seems like that is an insane amount of money to be earning. Good for him. 

• Love 7

Maurice might be anything but he earned that money, IMO.

He is constantly hustling and is taking full advantage of all the exposure he got from bravo.

I read in an expose from the nyt that everything that any bravo celebrities started, bravo took a 10% fee.

I wonder if this is applicable here.

Also I wonder if Andy was able to negotiate a finding fee for all that cheese as well.

• Love 3

I think Kyle looks the best that she's ever looked. She and Mauricio both seem to be improving and getting better with age. I really like that and think it's inspiring. 

The Hiltons resentment of Mauricio's success reminds me of Kim's bitterness at seeing that killer Palm Springs house. Kim sees that house as being partially hers on some level just as Rick sees Mauricio's success as being partially his. No wonder Kim gets along with Rick better than with Mauricio.

I'm curious to know who's supported Kim more over the years Rick or Mauricio in terms of time and finances.  

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 11

He is constantly hustling and is taking full advantage of all the exposure he got from bravo.

I read in an expose from the nyt that everything that any bravo celebrities started, bravo took a 10% fee.

Also I wonder if Andy was able to negotiate a finding fee for all that cheese as well.

My understanding of the fee deal for Bravo is that they get a cut on things that are developed in conjunction with exposure on the show. Beth and her Skinnygirl stuff, Teresa and her books. Those are things that didn't exist prior to the show, and their success in large part came from Bravo allowing them to promote their ventures on the show. Since Mauricio was a very successful agent prior to coming on the show, and really hasn't been seen promoting his business directly for the most part, I don't think they could get anything. Someone on another forum mentioned things like Lisa V's Sangria. She talks about it and we have seen small segments, but she really doesn't use the show directly to promote the product. She uses her name to promote it on Twitter and in her blogs. Others have speculated she doesn't make it a large part of her story because she doesn't want to give Bravo a percentage of the profits.

• Love 5

Here is a story-last paragraph-so one can skip over all the Bethenny BS, about the Bethenny Clause.  Trust me by the time the RHOBH signed on everyone invoked a Bethenny Clause.  Everyone seemed to have a business or two-except of course Camille and Kim.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/21/perfect-pitching

Brian Dow is a great agent, IMO.

As far as the skinny girl label, it is everywhere in the New York market.

If Walmart distributes her bars, I truly believe that they got the best of Beth. Nobody wins at the Walmart game, IMO.

They are ruthless.

I sure hope that all the housewives were able to invoque the Frankel clause.

I also heard that bravo made everyone pay for all the parties.

Any truth to that rumor?

• Love 1

Anyone know how far away we are from Kyle's White Party? It should be coming up soon in terms of episodes, right? I don't recall seeing any clips of it in that sneak peek. 

Are there any other housewives across the franchise who have an annual party that's the same theme every year? The White Party episodes are always good and I look forward to them. I like seeing what the women choose to wear and it's always a highlight in any season. I know she started the parties prior to the show but I think it was clever of her to stick to that being the big party that she gives every year whereas the others always have to come up with new reasons to have a big party. They all have to host events, trip activities, dinners, etc. but there isn't always a reason like an anniversary or a vow renewal to have one of the larger parties. Kyle has one guaranteed big party a year in addition to whatever other ideas she comes up with so she's fortunate in that sense. 

When Ken made the dig about Kyle's parties and the obligatory Fatburger truck, it made me think that Lisa and Ken have had plenty to say about these parties in the past. It made me wonder if Lisa sort of wishes that the White Party was her thing and it wouldn't be a Fatburger kind of gathering. 

I like how the White Party feels like a summer family event that's a genuinely fun time. It's one of the few parties where I think the housewives know they'll be able to have fun. They might not be able to relax if they're currently in the line of fire but even during the most drama filled White Party I think they've all also had fun save maybe Taylor that one time. 

• Love 5

What is the big deal about a white party?

I'll take momo's Arabian nights extravaganza over any white parties, anywhere.

I really doubt that the Todds care to do a white party, but Ken can be really cranky at times

• Love 2

When I first tuned in to this Housewives craze, I thought that Bethenny was a kook.  She was half crazy, saw a counselor once a week, talked about her overbearing mother, and pushed, pushed, pushed everything -- a girl in a hurry who didn't know where she was going.  After a few weeks, I left the NY show behind and didn't think about Bethenny again.

Happily immersed in what was going on with the BH Housewives, I happened to read one day that Bethenny Frankel was worth something like $150 million!!!  How could that kooky girl have that kind of money?  Since that day, I've read many stories about Bethenny's success and have continued to be amazed.

Bethenny has taught many people many lessons.  The one she has taught me is never again to dismiss offhand a kooky girl who appears not to know where she's going!!!   :D

• Love 7

I really doubt that the Todds care to do a white party, but Ken can be really cranky at times

I don't think the white theme is the big deal, it's that it's become a highlight event for the show and is usually good for some memorable scenes from the lighthearted to the dramatic. One of my favorite lighthearted moments at a White Party was Lisa and Kyle talking about shoes and Kyle admitting that she got hers during Neiman's semi-annual or something along those lines. As for the white theme, I like it because I think everyone looks good in white. (I thought it was great when the ladies of ATL wore white for the reunion.)

A party at Mohammed's is always going to be a fun time. I love that he doesn't drink (I don't think he's ever even had a drink IIRC) but has this massive wine stellar and a fully stocked bar at all times. 

I don't think Ken cares about any of the parties they throw, I think he just goes along with whatever Lisa wants for the most part. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

If Walmart distributes her bars, I truly believe that they got the best of Beth. Nobody wins at the Walmart game, IMO.

They are ruthless.

Any truth to that rumor?

I think the parties are for the most part paid for by Bravo.  I know LVP and Kyle get paid for using their homes.  Which is nice because it isn't taxed.  For example LVP and Kyle's bedroom have permanent lights for filming installed on the ceilings.  Kyle's white party is probably hers to pay for with concessions for the period they film.  I think at the last white party they filmed early but stayed very late because they talked about dancing until the wee hours-but no film.  My guess is if it involves numerous outside guests the HW picks up the tab.  Especially if it is for a charity event. 

• Love 6

The white party is based around Mauricio birthday around the third week in June.  This year they had other plans, Nicky's wedding.  Two years ago it was Sophia bat mitzvah.  Kyle said it has grown to almost 300 hundred people.  Maybe next year we will get a white party and not a cheesy substitute in The Hamptons.  I think Umanskys parties are great and I think it is low of Ken to comment on Fatburger.  There is a ton of food there.  Fingers crossed they have one nextyear and NO BRANDI.

I think Mohamed's party-definitely one Bravo probably did not pay for was more of once in series type party.  It is really difficult to film indoors at those parties and only Mohamed seems to have the ballroom in his house.  (The one they used for Gigi's graduation.)  I guess the non-Gigi didn't get a party. 

I think the party Kyle and Lisa did for the husbands birthdays was gorgeous.  Granted it didn't have camels but it had swans.

I would like to see Vince and Eileen have a daytime outside party and invite kids.  They have a very cool yard.  Mauricio, Ken, Vinnie, Harry, obviously Donnie all seem pretty athletic might have an awesome volleyball game. 

• Love 6

Thanks, zoeysmom. Yeah, I hope they throw one this year so that we'll be able to see it next year. 

Oh well, at least it looks like we're going to get to see the Palm Springs house again. I'm not sure if that's when Kim makes her reappearance or not. 

• Love 1

I doubt Mauricio was under contract. He probably signed a release that allowed Bravo to use footage of him, but he wouldn't have any sort of financial arrangement with Bravo or its production companies. Good for him.
  • Love 5

They are ruthless.

Any truth to that rumor?

Production has always been overly coy and disingenuous in regards to costs.  Husbands vehemently have denied getting paid for the shows but there has been mention in other ways.  There have been trips and parties that have to be underwritten in some way bu production.  They might not buy the tickets outright but it also might include the costs for various travel expenses in some other way.  And someone, was it Gretchen or Tamra, spilled the beans on the show providing hefty location fees etc to offset costs outside of the waiting for it paycheck.

In regards to Frankel there was a lot of glossed over facts in her deal.  Was it good? Hell yes.  But the reported money was a maximum.  And over the years payout depending on sales and growth.   That did not happen.  It did okay but still is not as established as it could be considering the time.  The wine also seemed to flatten at a speed that did not say much about the brand name.  Also Frankel cut a deal that let her keep Skinny Girl for all non-beverage goods.  This meant that she came out much less to the good than Jim Bean.  Much less to keep the name and control and have it possibly impact Jim Bean's sales if her snacks tanked or got recalled etc.

Also it should be noted that almost immediately following the deal, Jim Bean did everything they could to keep Frankel as a visual in terms of their product.  This was when she had signed for a talk show that was financed and produced by Ellen and was getting lots of media.  So to put some rather large space with its creator when that was going on was also a bit odd.  They liked all the attention of how huge the deal was.  But that is why such deals are often giving out the very very (and likely nowhere near possible) best payout potential.  It adds huge luster to the product.  If that much money was paid it must be good.  It gets noticed even more and gets free press and media. 

The roundabout in terms of this is even if the Frankel clause was no in effect, I'm not sure how production gets around to claiming financial benefit from the husbands who are supposedly not paid.  And I do think they are right.  They are not given a paycheck.  But if some of the spillage on Cohen's own show are correct, things like leased houses and production picking up certain lease payments and car insurance payments etc. during the filming is a slight of hand way to slip the family as a whole some cash in exchange for staying camera friendly and ready.    I hope someone in legal slips up some day and we get someone without a tight non-disclosure who can spill it all in a memoir or two.

But Marucio's firm he started with his own license and training and professional skill he had before the show ever started would be hard to tap for even the tiniest bit of change.  It would be quite hard to prove that his appearance on this show was beneficial to his success since it could also be argued that it might in fact be a detriment as well.

• Love 8

I have no doubt that any 'cut' of Mauricio's monetary success goes to Bravo.  Has he received payment for being on the show?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But I don't think Bravo had anything to do with his success nor would he sign anything giving Bravo a cut of his business adventures.  The same goes for any of the realtors on the Million Dollar Listing shows.

As for the trips on the housewives shows, they're paid for by the providers in exchange for promotional consideration.  You get the three second logo of the provider.  When they don't get someone to provide 'promotional consideration', production pays for airlines, hotels, etc. 

As for Beth, she did get a sweetheart deal from JIm Beam but I believe much of that purported deal was based on future sales that just didn't happen.   The last time Beam reported on Skinny Girl sales, it was down.  And before Beam was sold, it  didn't even report SkinnyGirl sales.  That's very telling.  Yeah, Beth made a ton of money but I don't believe it was or will be anywhere near what the deal could have been. 

IIRC, Kyle's white party is in June or early summer so I doubt we'll be seeing it this year.  And for those who don't know,  she was doing this party long before RHBH.  Kyle has stated in her blog that the party was nowhere near what it has become since RHBH.  I actually think it's a nice idea although seeing a man in a white shirt and pants reminds me of the olden days and the Good Humor Man.  The men wearing a white suit reminds me of The Great Gatsby - so much better.

• Love 4

When are they going to have a party or something at that Palm Springs area house that Kyle bought? I'm wanting to see more of that!

In real life it was October 31st.  So they are now right around September 20th.  Not much longer.  I am hoping it is Yo free.

• Love 1

I sincerely doubt Mauricio was obligated to pay Bravo any Agency profits; however I believe the British guys from Million Dollar Listing LA that work for the Agency pay some fee to Bravo to be on the show as do all the other agents on those shows. My guess is Mauricio/The Agency probably foots this bill.

I like Mauricio & I like Kyle. Kyle definitely has had some mean girl moments; however she usually seems to acknowledge when she's in the wrong. I've never understood Brandi's hatred towards Kyle.

• Love 6

I sincerely doubt Mauricio was obligated to pay Bravo any Agency profits; however I believe the British guys from Million Dollar Listing LA that work for the Agency pay some fee to Bravo to be on the show as do all the other agents on those shows. My guess is Mauricio/The Agency probably foots this bill.

I like Mauricio & I like Kyle. Kyle definitely has had some mean girl moments; however she usually seems to acknowledge when she's in the wrong. I've never understood Brandi's hatred towards Kyle.

I think Brandi's hatred for Kyle is a twisty mix of competitiveness, jealousy, and insecurity. From very early on, Brandi was aiming to unseat Kyle and take over her spot in the pecking order, imo, and that campaign has conclusively failed now. Kyle had repeatedly reached out to Brandi, both to make amends after she'd been an asshole herself, or to smooth things over and move on after various Brandi shenanigans, and it's interesting how much that seems to get under Brandi's skin. Kyle being nice to her seems to make Brandi hate her more, going clear back to the aftermath of Brandi's first season when Kyle called and invited her to a party and got back an "accidental" text of Brandi calling her a cunt for her trouble. I think Brandi gluing herself to Kim was Brandi's final attempt to unseat Kyle, and it wasn't a bad line of attack considering that conflict with Kim was how Kyle first took major damage on the show. And that was all preceded by another phase of rapprochement where Kyle was being friendly again and left herself vulnerable by being so. Brandi invests a lot of outrage in Kyle being a phony, but Brandi absolutely blindsided Kyle there, so who, really, was the phony? Since that maneuvering blew up in her face and Brandi lost her sweet gig, I'm sure she utterly loathes Kyle. Brandi is a woman who can't forgive other people for the wrongs she did to them.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 9

I think it's as simple as: Brandi is emotionally unstable and can't let go, so she still resents that Kyle and Lisa aced her out after she was, at certain points, willing to be an attack dog for both (and against the other).

She severely miscalculated and now she's bitter everything blew up in her face.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 3

I think it's as simple as: Brandi is emotionally unstable and can't let go, so she still resents that Kyle and Lisa aced her out after she was, at certain points, willing to be an attack dog for both (and against the other).

She severely miscalculated and now she's bitter everything blew up in her face.

Where did Kyle use Brandi as an attack dog? And I'll note upfront that I don't consider Puerto Rico a case of Kyle leading an attack. More a situation where other interested parties lobbied a grievance to Kyle - with Kim notably in the thick of it - and put her on point.

I think Brandi seriously raised the ante on attacks on the show. She made it a blood sport from Adrienne on.

• Love 3

In one of Kyle's talking head "looks" her hair looks too dark and lacks dimension and her eye makeup is too heavy and it makes her look older this season IMO.

The one with the green top and she has on extra fake eyelashes.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've been thinking about Kyle and her history with Brandi on the show and I am still not quite sure why that relationship went down the way it did. 

Season 2:

Brandi comes to Kyle's event, and Kyle makes fun of Brandi (out of her earshot, but still) for being on crutches and wearing a high heel on her good leg. She also made a crack about her being famous for her husband breaking up with her. At the time Kyle said that she was showing her loyalty to LisaV, even though LisaV had already told her that the best way to handle it was to be civil and not engage her. 

Kyle invites Brandi to her house and Brandi's son pees on the grass. The women are scandalized, but I didn't think there was any real animosity over it, just the standard pearl clutching behavior.

Game Night (here is where I think Kyle gets much more flack than she should have). Kim is generally rude to Brandi all night talking about how she doesn't like her, hiding her crutches and just generally being an asshole to her when she is not in the bathroom. Kyle giggled like a mean girl but only really got ugly when she was defending Kim against the meth comment. I thought it was very strange that Kyle got the flack for Kim's behavior and basically backing Kim up rather than Kim getting the flack for being an asshole (inebriated or not). Further, Kyle apologized to Brandi and even tried to get Kim to apologize to her. 

Hawaii Trip: Kyle and Brandi seem to get along and have fun and Brandi starts making inroads at a friendship with Lisa V. Kim finally shows up to Hawaii (was she like a day late?) and misses the scheduled activities. When she and her "Gay mastiff" boyfriend show up to dinner intoxicated and belligerent, Brandi offers Kyle support and empathy.

By the time the Hawaii trip was over it seemed that while they may not ever be BFF's they were at least cordial to each other with no drama. Did something happen between the Hawaii trip and the Reunion that caused Brandi to go so hard on Kyle at the reunion? Because I don't remember anything major, and Brandi came for everyone except Lisa at the reunion. 

It seems like each season, Kyle would start out with a clean slate with Brandi only to end up being hated by her.

Even last season, Kyle and Brandi started out in a good place. Even in the limo heading to poker night they were in a good place. Then, suddenly Kim is freaking out and Brandi is getting between them. What switch got flipped to cause Brandi to involve herself in that? And then, from that point on Brandi just had a hard on for her with the constant insults.

Could it really have been as simple as Brandi being jealous of Kyle's friendship with LisaV? It seems like an awful lot of hatred and manufactured reasons to hate someone for that to be the root cause. But I can't figure it out. Kyle seems capable of being friends with most if not all of the housewives at the same time. Brandi seems to glom onto one friend and gets unnecessarily territorial. I wonder if she decided to become a ride or die friend to Kim simply to spite Kyle?

I guess I don't get how Kim's treatment of Brandi (which was so much worse than anything Kyle ever did to her) was forgiven and forgotten, and yet we see no real slight that would cause Brandi's extreme hatred of Kyle. In fact we have seen the opposite with Kyle reaching to Brandi after the tampon incident, helping Brandi look for her dog, and babysitting Brandi's kids. The only explanation I can possibly come up with for why she hates Kyle so much is that she is jealous of the LisaV friendship. But, even that is stupid because Brandi is the one that destroyed that friendship. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 5
(edited)

I really think it comes down to something vehemently disputed on this particular site.

1.  Kyle believes Lisa is a chess player, and has tried to checkmate Lisa for ages. 

(for one example here, Kyle wanted her own spin off about her family with Mauricio, but LISA got the spin off)

2.  Lisa ended up befriending Brandi, and Brandi was easily manipulated into doing all kinds of stuff for Lisa, and hence, against both Kyle and Adrienne.

3.  Kyle, for once, carefully plotted out a scheme to finally win one over Lisa, that Puerto Rico trip, but to succeed she had to do two things.  She needed to woo Brandi from Lisa's hip, and to do that she had to spill dirt about Lisa, lots of dirt for Brandi to use, some true, some not (like Lisa lived in the valley, didn't own her restaurant, went bankrupt) AND drive a wedge between them, so probably some shit about Lisa talking behind Brandi's back, true or not.  Particularly she punched up how Lisa USED Brandi to launch Vanderpump rules, by convincing her to chat with her then husband's mistress, which would get viewers to tune in.  THEN Lisa had the audacity to keep blindsiding Brandi with Sheeaeannaneaeaa scenes, she obvious is just using you Brandi!  The second thing she needed to do it to ensure Carlton was no where near Puerto Rico when the ambush went down.  Carlton details how that happened in her Bravo blog.

4.  Brandi, dumb, easily manipulated idiot that she is, fell for Kyle's plans hook, line, and sinker.  BEST of all, we actually got to WATCH the moment she realized Kyle had conned, used, abused, and then left her to the sharks, that Kyle had, in effect, put all the blood on Brandi's hands, and come out clean.  That was at the reunion, when Brandi accused Lisa of all those things and then, stunned, looked directly at KYLE for backup, because that information came from Kyle.  Kyle's silence and inability to meet Brandi's eyes told it all.  To Brandi, and to us.

5.  Brandi is now royally pissed at both Lisa and Kyle, who are palling around as if nothing happened in a very obvious "keep your enemies close" way.  The writings on the wall, Brandi, rather than Lisa or Kyle will be next season's sacrificial lamb, and what an easy target she is!

6.  Kim and Brandi at some point become close, now this part is slightly imaginative, but I see it going down like this.  Kim confides in Brandi what a snake Kyle is and has always been and they bond over their shared wounds, from the same person.  Brandi, still idiotically, feels herself, and her housewife position (she was fan favorite after all!) to be stronger than Kim's, and takes over the role as her protector.

7.  New season starts and Brandi plays right into everyone's hands as the "target."  Now, I don't think Brandi had a clue that the band would now be against her.  At all, so she continued her ways and played right into their hands.  THEN the banded again, and refused to film with her, so fired.  She lost her job.

8.  Group needs a new target, to avoid too much direct attention on them, and voila!  There she is!  Yolanda.  So we spend our time watching them make this season all about Yolanda.  If Yo isn't on screen?  No matter, they will all talk about her anyway.

I kind of hope Yolanda leaves, but that leaves the question, who will be next season's target?  There always is one.  My guess is Erika, if Erika even bothers to stay on the show, or is even asked back.  I think Kathryn's a goner, which is too bad, she might turn into an interesting "wife"  at some (non OJ) point, and she definitely has the hottest husband.  Now Erica, Yo, and apparently Eileen are willing to take on LVP again, but I don't think Kyle will.  She's been burned doing that, even though she'd dearly love to bring Lisa down, and back to the sobs and shock of Puerto Rico.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

I've been thinking about Kyle and her history with Brandi on the show and I am still not quite sure why that relationship went down the way it did. 

Season 2:

Brandi comes to Kyle's event, and Kyle makes fun of Brandi (out of her earshot, but still) for being on crutches and wearing a high heel on her good leg. She also made a crack about her being famous for her husband breaking up with her. At the time Kyle said that she was showing her loyalty to LisaV, even though LisaV had already told her that the best way to handle it was to be civil and not engage her. 

Kyle invites Brandi to her house and Brandi's son pees on the grass. The women are scandalized, but I didn't think there was any real animosity over it, just the standard pearl clutching behavior.

Game Night (here is where I think Kyle gets much more flack than she should have). Kim is generally rude to Brandi all night talking about how she doesn't like her, hiding her crutches and just generally being an asshole to her when she is not in the bathroom. Kyle giggled like a mean girl but only really got ugly when she was defending Kim against the meth comment. I thought it was very strange that Kyle got the flack for Kim's behavior and basically backing Kim up rather than Kim getting the flack for being an asshole (inebriated or not). Further, Kyle apologized to Brandi and even tried to get Kim to apologize to her. 

Hawaii Trip: Kyle and Brandi seem to get along and have fun and Brandi starts making inroads at a friendship with Lisa V. Kim finally shows up to Hawaii (was she like a day late?) and misses the scheduled activities. When she and her "Gay mastiff" boyfriend show up to dinner intoxicated and belligerent, Brandi offers Kyle support and empathy.

By the time the Hawaii trip was over it seemed that while they may not ever be BFF's they were at least cordial to each other with no drama. Did something happen between the Hawaii trip and the Reunion that caused Brandi to go so hard on Kyle at the reunion? Because I don't remember anything major, and Brandi came for everyone except Lisa at the reunion. 

It seems like each season, Kyle would start out with a clean slate with Brandi only to end up being hated by her.

Even last season, Kyle and Brandi started out in a good place. Even in the limo heading to poker night they were in a good place. Then, suddenly Kim is freaking out and Brandi is getting between them. What switch got flipped to cause Brandi to involve herself in that? And then, from that point on Brandi just had a hard on for her with the constant insults.

Could it really have been as simple as Brandi being jealous of Kyle's friendship with LisaV? It seems like an awful lot of hatred and manufactured reasons to hate someone for that to be the root cause. But I can't figure it out. Kyle seems capable of being friends with most if not all of the housewives at the same time. Brandi seems to glom onto one friend and gets unnecessarily territorial. I wonder if she decided to become a ride or die friend to Kim simply to spite Kyle?

I guess I don't get how Kim's treatment of Brandi (which was so much worse than anything Kyle ever did to her) was forgiven and forgotten, and yet we see no real slight that would cause Brandi's extreme hatred of Kyle. In fact we have seen the opposite with Kyle reaching to Brandi after the tampon incident, helping Brandi look for her dog, and babysitting Brandi's kids. The only explanation I can possibly come up with for why she hates Kyle so much is that she is jealous of the LisaV friendship. But, even that is stupid because Brandi is the one that destroyed that friendship. 

I agree with most of your post but disagree with you about Kyle's behavior during Game Night. 

Kyle was very nasty to Brandi before Brandi made the meth comment. One comment that was beyond the pale to me was during Game Night when they were talking about Brandi son peeing on the grass. Brandi is trying to defend herself against Kyle essentially saying that she wasn't doing good parenting and says "I really don't think it's a bad thing." Cue Kyle saying "I'm sure where you're from it's not." This was on top of meanly going out of her way to exclude Brandi, make her feel stupid, and back up all of Kim's rudeness. 

I agree with you that Kyle's so-called loyalty to LisaV by being rude to Brandi at her charity event in season two was beyond ridiculous. What a stupid and asinine way to show loyalty to someone. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I agree with most of your post but disagree with you about Kyle's behavior during Game Night. 

Kyle was very nasty to Brandi before Brandi made the meth comment. One comment that was beyond the pale to me was during Game Night when they were talking about Brandi son peeing on the grass. Brandi is trying to defend herself against Kyle essentially saying that she wasn't doing good parenting and says "I really don't think it's a bad thing." Cue Kyle saying "I'm sure where you're from it's not." This was on top of meanly going out of her way to exclude Brandi, make her feel stupid, and back up all of Kim's rudeness

I agree with you that Kyle's so-called loyalty to LisaV by being rude to Brandi at her charity event in season two was beyond ridiculous. What a stupid and asinine way to show loyalty to someone. 

You are right! I totally forgot about that. That was the height of Kyle's mean girl behavior,and I still think Kim was worse! Kyle's grasping at the kid peeing was deflecting from the way that Kim had been all night. I have to say, that you inspired me to watch both parts of game night and I am so glad I did. I totally forgot how awful Dana/Pam was at sucking up to Kim and Kyle. And, I had majorly forgotten just how AWFUL Kim was that night. Plus, I loved seeing LisaV in her sensible jeans and white shirt with minimal makeup - it really is the best look she has ever sported on this show.

ETA: I do think that Adriane was the only sensible person that season. And I think that Taylor and Camille both saw how awful Kim and Kyle were at Game Night but neither wanted to piss off Kim and Kyle. Actually, I think that neither of them wanted to piss off Kyle. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4

I saw nothing wrong with making fun of idiot Brandi in a way too short dress on crutches and a high heel.  Some things beg for color commentary, that was one of those moments and the t-shirt with her nipples showing.  Brandi likes the attention I say give it to her.  

No sympathy for Brandi when she is screaming, "I am going to fucking kill you," to Kyle.  Way to show off those good parenting chops.  It wasn't that the kid peed on the lawn it was he took his clothing off in front of Portia.   Brandi saying stupid stuff like, "what do you want me to do, catch in my hands?"  No just discipline your child and apologize to the other parents.    

Before they went to Hawaii, Ken and LVP are packing, then LVP and Ken expressed anger towards Kyle for inviting Brandi, citing her friendship with Cedric.  So it was not an early dismissal of the Brandi/Cedric relationship.

By the third season after Brandi had successfully run off Adrienne, Brandi was really angry with LVP over the Scheana stuff.   I still believe that was the number one reason Brandi decided to out LVP for various deeds.  Brandi was forever angry at Kyle but none of it made any sense.  I do think Brandi was no match for Faye, who exposed Brandi for the creep she is and was in regards to outing the surrogacy.  To me the most sickening part of Season 3 occurred when Ken sat there saying they needed to teach Kyle a lesson.  That is what happens when you hang with scum like Brandi.  The whole living deep in the valley stuff came from Ken's speech at the vow renewal Season 3.  Brandi tried blaming it on Kyle and Kyle wasn't having it.   I don't think LVP wanted to pursue it because she was worried there might be tape of Ken's words.

By season 4, LVP was still waging war against Kyle for no particular reason other than Kyle would not HATE Adrienne and Paul.  By the time LVP and Brandi had taken things to a really low level in Palm Springs and Yolanda went to comfort Kyle, LVP realized she had gone too far.  Unfortunately, when LVP was trying to have her moment with Kyle, LVP shut the bathroom door on Kim and instead of having a rational conversation with Kyle she was stuck having it out with an irate Kim.  That was the same night a drunk Brandi got upset with LVP for strategerizing .  I think LVP felt like she was left holding the "Hate Kyle" banner and others were jumping ship.  I still think Puerto Rico could have been saved had LVP not insisted on trying to drag things out or walked out when Yolanda was about to give one of her stupid Hollywood friends speeches.

I think the Kyle/LVP friendship survived in spite of Brandi and Yolanda.

• Love 5

Kyle and Lisa's friendship survives because Kyle was raised in BH. She knows how to play the game and knows all the gossip. Lisa likes to stay one step ahead of everyone by knowing the gossip. Their friendship will continue because Lisa needs Kyle to feed her information. Lisa would be a fool not to keep not only Kyle around but Maurice too. Maurice's Agency has a lot of agaents=lots of potential business lunches there.

What do the other girls have to offer Lisa?

• Love 2

Kyle and Lisa's friendship survives because Kyle was raised in BH. She knows how to play the game and knows all the gossip. Lisa likes to stay one step ahead of everyone by knowing the gossip. Their friendship will continue because Lisa needs Kyle to feed her information. Lisa would be a fool not to keep not only Kyle around but Maurice too. Maurice's Agency has a lot of agaents=lots of potential business lunches there.

What do the other girls have to offer Lisa?

I don't know, they seem to have pretty good chemistry. I think they enjoy each other for the most part

Kyle was very nasty to Brandi before Brandi made the meth comment. One comment that was beyond the pale to me was during Game Night when they were talking about Brandi son peeing on the grass. Brandi is trying to defend herself against Kyle essentially saying that she wasn't doing good parenting and says "I really don't think it's a bad thing." Cue Kyle saying "I'm sure where you're from it's not." This was on top of meanly going out of her way to exclude Brandi, make her feel stupid, and back up all of Kim's rudeness. 

Well, she is from South Sacramento so...

• Love 1

I miss the White Party, but I'd be just as happy to see another Mohamed party and see more of his mansion!  Does anyone know what street he lives on or whether his manse can be seen from the street?  It looks like you can, but many times I've driven past a place, only to discover that there's a huge wall or a long drive between the residence and the street.

Also, is Kyle particularly close to Mohamed?  I doubt she's as close as LisaV is, but I wondered whether there was any connection there.  I know that he has purchased land in the area, but I don't know whether it was through Mauricio or not.

Speaking of the Great Gatsby, Mauricio is a little bit like him in the sense that he seems to know everyone, throws incredible parties, knows the right people, etc., but viciously protects his private life.

• Love 5

I miss the White Party, but I'd be just as happy to see another Mohamed party and see more of his mansion!  Does anyone know what street he lives on or whether his manse can be seen from the street?  It looks like you can, but many times I've driven past a place, only to discover that there's a huge wall or a long drive between the residence and the street.

Also, is Kyle particularly close to Mohamed?  I doubt she's as close as LisaV is, but I wondered whether there was any connection there.  I know that he has purchased land in the area, but I don't know whether it was through Mauricio or not.

Speaking of the Great Gatsby, Mauricio is a little bit like him in the sense that he seems to know everyone, throws incredible parties, knows the right people, etc., but viciously protects his private life.

I don't believe Mohamed is a client of The Agency but you can see his house from the street and it even has it's own website:

http://www.thecrescentpalace.com

• Love 3

I saw nothing wrong with making fun of idiot Brandi in a way too short dress on crutches and a high heel.  Some things beg for color commentary, that was one of those moments and the t-shirt with her nipples showing.  Brandi likes the attention I say give it to her.  

No sympathy for Brandi when she is screaming, "I am going to fucking kill you," to Kyle.  Way to show off those good parenting chops.  It wasn't that the kid peed on the lawn it was he took his clothing off in front of Portia.   Brandi saying stupid stuff like, "what do you want me to do, catch in my hands?"  No just discipline your child and apologize to the other parents.    

Before they went to Hawaii, Ken and LVP are packing, then LVP and Ken expressed anger towards Kyle for inviting Brandi, citing her friendship with Cedric.  So it was not an early dismissal of the Brandi/Cedric relationship.

By the third season after Brandi had successfully run off Adrienne, Brandi was really angry with LVP over the Scheana stuff.   I still believe that was the number one reason Brandi decided to out LVP for various deeds.  Brandi was forever angry at Kyle but none of it made any sense.  I do think Brandi was no match for Faye, who exposed Brandi for the creep she is and was in regards to outing the surrogacy.  To me the most sickening part of Season 3 occurred when Ken sat there saying they needed to teach Kyle a lesson.  That is what happens when you hang with scum like Brandi.  The whole living deep in the valley stuff came from Ken's speech at the vow renewal Season 3.  Brandi tried blaming it on Kyle and Kyle wasn't having it.   I don't think LVP wanted to pursue it because she was worried there might be tape of Ken's words.

By season 4, LVP was still waging war against Kyle for no particular reason other than Kyle would not HATE Adrienne and Paul.  By the time LVP and Brandi had taken things to a really low level in Palm Springs and Yolanda went to comfort Kyle, LVP realized she had gone too far.  Unfortunately, when LVP was trying to have her moment with Kyle, LVP shut the bathroom door on Kim and instead of having a rational conversation with Kyle she was stuck having it out with an irate Kim.  That was the same night a drunk Brandi got upset with LVP for strategerizing .  I think LVP felt like she was left holding the "Hate Kyle" banner and others were jumping ship.  I still think Puerto Rico could have been saved had LVP not insisted on trying to drag things out or walked out when Yolanda was about to give one of her stupid Hollywood friends speeches.

I think the Kyle/LVP friendship survived in spite of Brandi and Yolanda.

For sure, Lisa is NO angel but neither is Kyle when it comes to the bumps in their friendship. Season 1 had Kyle throwing her new friendship with Taylor IN Lisa's face at that lunch meet when Kyle sprung uninvited Taylor on Lisa then Kyle/Taylor proceeded to shut Lisa out of the conversation. Good grief, they held hands like 4 year olds at the table and Lisa practically pouted at them until she just got smug with them. LOL

Kyle WAS nasty to Brandi in the beginning BUT, IMO, she was egged on by Taylor. Brandi set Taylor off from the moment she walked on camera for some reason and I could never figure that out, she really disliked her on sight.

Brandi got in good with Lisa when she exposed Adrienne's reunion plan and at first, I don't think Lisa thought Kyle was a part of that plan but then Kyle just had to call Lisa a "chess player/Bobbie Fisher" and that is what sunk Kyle in Lisa's eyes and raised Brandi. Had Kyle NOT made that comment, she would have taken Kyle at her word that she really wasn't part of Adrienne's plan. AND, even though no one else went along with Adrienne's plan, she really did attempt to get everyone to go against Lisa at that reunion and thought they would follow along when she started throwing out her accusations. As for Ken's ugly comment, it comes from what Kyle said about Lisa in season 2's reunion. Lisa just blew him off for the most part and decided to sit down 1 on1, face to face, with no one else there, just her and Kyle to talk this out.

When that happened, their talk, Lisa made it clear that the friendship had changed and that it could be repaired but only in time. That Kyle had to earn back a friendship at the same level it was before the chess comment. Yes, Lisa did make her squirm for quite a bit but she didn't shut Kyle out either. Then the thing with Adrienne/Brandi happened and all hell broke loose with everyone choosing sides instead of letting the chips fall where they should have.

I don't remember Lisa doing anything bad or to a "really low level" in PS, IMO, that was Brandi with help from Yolanda and Carlton to a lesser degree. BUT, I do think that IS when Lisa realized that Brandi was up to something once again and she wanted no parts of it. At that point, Brandi was already sliding/slithering up to Yolanda and following HER lead, NOT Lisa. Then by the time the PR trip happened, they were all up in Lisa's face but it started with Brandi and Yolanda talking before the beach. As for the story Brandi told about the tabloids/suitcases, Yolanda was there and remembered nothing happening AND Carlton said it didn't happen as well and she was also there.

Lisa denied Brandi's accusation in PR to Kyle twice on the beach before that dinner where Kim and Yolanda got so ugly towards her. At 1 point she looked at Kyle and reminded her that she had already said she didn't do it but Kyle wanted to hear it again and that was when Ken spoke out about them not listening to Lisa and Kim went off the deep end.  I really believe that the tabloid story was a planned story by Brandi and Yolanda and Kim went along with it because she just plain didn't/doesn't like Lisa and never has (she was also drunk/high and Lisa was a diversion to keep prying eyes off of her in PR).

That said, BOTH Lisa AND Kyle have made some big/stupid mistakes in their friendship and both have grown enough to move past those mistakes and I hope it lasts.

• Love 5

Season 2:

Such good questions/observations. One of the reasons I love this particular franchise more than most is because there is so much history with some of these women, and things that happened particularly in S2 continue to drive feelings and conflict; even among new members who clearly watched that season.

Regardless of LVP's claims that she told the others to basically just ignore Brandi, I will never believe that. I think that this is where the feelings of her being manipulative started. I'm not sure that she directed or asked Kyle to give Brandi a hard time, but I think that Kyle believed she needed to. I think she thought she was being a good friend to LVP. Others have stated that Kyle was mean to Brandi for no reason, and I reject that notion. The Cedric stuff was all over the press, and LVP had made it clear when she cried at the reunion that Cedric had hurt her badly. Brandi's behavior with Eddie and Leann was also well known at that point, and it had also been reported that she had had a DUI. She came on the show with zero credentials, connections or money. We have to remember that this was a bit unusual at this point. Most of the women had had some individual success; they brought a lifestyle to the show. It seemed clear at the time that Brandi was introduced strictly to bring the drama of the Cedric connection. I think that Kyle acted with LVP's blessing.

I cannot defend Kyle for Game Night, but agree that Kim was the biggest offender. A producer wrote a blog on Bravo after that episode and said that the behavior we saw was out of character for Kyle. He/She (I cannot remember which) said that we didn't see the tension in the room as Kyle waited for Kim, who was late. The producer said that everyone there felt like Kyle had an almost motherly instinct to defend Kim at any cost. LVP not attending that night will alway make it a question mark in my mind. She said in her blog that while she was disappointed in the way that Kyle behaved, this was not the Kyle that she knew. She didn't come out and defend her, but she did seem to say that she understood where she was coming from. She also said that had she been there, things would have turned out differently. The one thing I believe is that this isn't true. We watched LVP laugh and giggle with Brandi when she was horrid to Joyce; a Joyce that LVP had no reason to dislike. If she could sit by and laugh while Joyce was attacked, I see no reason to believe that she wouldn't have done the same when someone she didn't like - Brandi - came under fire. 

The thing that LVP cleared up last year in a detailed blog was that she and Brandi didn't become "close" in Hawaii. She said that she enjoyed her, but that she didn't talk to her again until the party where she kicked Scheanna out.  After that, she didn't talk to her until close to reunion tapping (Brandi wasn't invited to the Season Finale, which was Pandy's wedding).  Brandi apparently called her with news that Adrienne was talking shit about her and gave LVP information about a planned "take down". The thing that we don't know is exactly what happened between Kyle and LVP after that. They both acknowledge that they had a huge fight right before the reunion, but neither has talked about exactly what they were fighting about. So there is speculation. I will always believe that LVP asked for Kyle's support against Adrienne. That she accused her of being part of the "take down". I think that Kyle was disappointed that LVP was taking Brandi's side, when Kyle had tried to support LVP against Brandi, and she got hammered for it.  This was a hard season for Kyle, really hard. She was decimated for the way she treated Brandi. I've still never read the kind of comments that I read from people on Kyle's blog at the time. It was intense. People always get hung up on the fact that Kyle didn't defend LVP against Adrienne, who Kyle liked (and probably believed to be telling the truth).  The thing that goes missing is that Kyle said that she was hurt that LVP changed her tune on Kyle's behavior on Game Night. In her blog she was more supportive of Kyle. On the reunion stage she was not. She seemed shocked and disgusted by Kyle's behavior. She completely took Brandi's side. I think that Kyle wanted for LVP to back her up a little bit, since any kind of support from LVP would have helped Kyle in the court of public opinion; especially since Kyle believed that she had been supporting LVP against Brandi. The thing was, by the time the reunion tapped it was clear that Brandi was the "it" girl and Kyle was the "mean" girl. It looked like LVP made the decision to drop Kyle in favor of the much more popular Brandi. I think that is the where the Chess Player comment came from. Kyle could see that she was being thrown away for someone else and that it was all strategic. 

At the end of the day, we have seen that what LVP and the producer said about Kyle was true - that wasn't the way she generally acted. She has always been the Welcome Wagon on the show. She is almost always the first one to film one-on-one with the newbies and welcome them into the group. The way that she treated Brandi stands out when we look back at it, because it is different from how she normally behaves. I think that what we have seen from LVP also backs up the premise that she plays Chess. She dropped Kyle when she became unpopular for Brandi. When Brandi appeared to be having meltdown, LVP moved away from her because she was getting hammered for being a drunk. That's the great thing about this show, one or two seasons doesn't really tell the tale about who they are, but with 5 or 6 years to look at, we get a better idea of who they really are. 

• Love 7