Type keyword(s) to search

The Strain In The Media

Finally, I've been waiting for a real trailer for a while now! Actually just saw it on tv today. It was frustrating seeing those super vague trailers they first put out,even though I knew what the story was about. Now I can finally show these trailers to friends at work to try to hook them in to watch.

(edited)

LOL! I think that they are only getting rid of the horrendous wig because fans all over the Internet have been hypercritical. I am at the point of not caring what justification they use as long as that thing goes and sexy bald Corey Stoll returns. Seriously, wth were they thinking having Corey wear that thing?

Edited by SimoneS

Only one news outlet is reporting this and they're basing it on filming in Toronto (which could just be they're securing production locations/crew IN CASE it gets renewed).

No reason to believe it won't come back given the strong ratings, but it's not official yet as far as I can tell.

Total blatant self-pimping, but I got to interview Guillermo del Toro for this Rolling Stone piece and he was a very cool, generous interview subject.  Lots of discussion about the gore/effects on "The Strain":

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/the-rise-of-grossout-tv-20140918

I enjoyed your article. I've gotta say that I watch a lot of these shows (TWD, The Strain, GoTs) in spite of the violence and gore not because of it.  Given my druthers, I opt for things like The Others, The Haunting (1962 original) even "The Innocents". But I'm not proud, I take my chills any way I can get them. It's not easy to find the elegant horror stories anymore.

• Love 2

Thanks Omar, good for you! I watched "Kolchak: The Night Stalker". I wonder how it would present today. It was scary then.

They did a version in 2005 but it didn't do well.

There's rumors of a movie version in the works with Johnny Depp attached, but who knows if that's true.

(edited)

bearcatfan originally posted this in the Outlander forum, but it's relevant here, too.  This is a recording of Entertainment Weekly magazine's "Brave New Warriors" panel at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con, via GeekNation.  Kevin Durand participated:

http://geeknation.com/videos/sdcc-15-ews-brave-new-warriors-panel/#.VaEpSuP6ohg.twitter

Edited to add:  Here's a clearer version of the same panel, courtesy of Flicks and the City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU-sMcGvptA

Edited by LeighAnne

There's rumors of a movie version in the works with Johnny Depp attached, but who knows if that's true.

God, I hope not. It's about time for him to be relegated to small character roles in the movies of people other than Tim Burton. Or appearing as Captain Jack Sparrow at bar mitzvahs.

Right there with you MrsRafaelBarba, not only did I not want her to die but if she just HAD to get infected and die, WHY didnt she load up on the vamp killer potion stuff and go on the The Master's Lair? WHY WASTE THE OPPORTUNITY!?!?!?!?!?! No, I think I'd rather watch The Man in the High Castle for my Nazi fix and Z Nation + TWD for my gross gore fix.

OK I never in a million years would have thought I would want a "nazi fix" so maybe I'll go back to bed now....

Per FutonCritic, season 3 will premiere on Sunday, August 28.

Personally, the only reason I stuck with season 2 is because it started in July, there wasn't much else on in the summer, and I knew it would be over before Halloween.  Now knowing it will run for most all of the fall season, and with how bad season 2 was, I don't think I will be watching.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/21/2016 at 10:20 AM, topanga said:

I didn't watch Season 2 at all (but loved Season 1). Do I need to go back and watch 2, or can I skip straight to Season 3?

I gave up on season 1, but loved season 2 so I highly recommend it. Just don't expect too much. I enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2