Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

WABC produces it and Disney/ABC Home Entertainment distributes it.

37 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

It still can't tell them where to stay.

That's how I look at it.  I wonder if it was easier for ABC to produce it from their remote location than in the city.  But I still don't think they couldn't require the family to be in one particular spot.

• Love 1

To me, it's an empty statement which purports to offer deep personal concern for the Consuelos' well being and full production support when and if the show resumed.

Given how she played them when MS left, it was a perfect time to kiss her behind and to feed her unquenchable ego and fears of inadequacy.

It also fully justified the barest minimum staff in NYC.  Disney likes small casts.

It was funny when the camera switched to the right of Kelly (low def) and, she wasn’t having any of it. LOL!!! It was a horrible shot and angleI think the wide shot is too far apart. Hoda and Jenna are always in the same shot without any issue. I think Kelly & Ryan might be taking it a little too far. Between the wide shot and then split screen and high/low def cameras is way too much going on. That said, it’s good they are in the same location. 

Edited by ByaNose
On 9/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, seasons said:

Was there a mention of why there was no little American flag on the desk today? Can't be because of covid. Regis started that a long time ago.

Why do they need an American flag on the desk ?  Who cares ? They aren’t obligated to have a flag on the table .   I don’t see other tell shows with flags.  I am sure if it is gone it is because of changing the table to make it very long for social distancing.

• Love 3

Lola was so upset that the Kardashians show is ending that she feel home from college ?  I guess it is not surprising after Lola posted Kardashian like pictures online , which have not been taken down since the People magazine article.  
What is interesting is that both airlines and Mark liked and commented on the pictures. I if my daughter or son idolized and appeared to imitated the anyone like Kardashians in any way !

Then again Kelly and Mark are both very much narcissistic about their looks and hand to pose constantly for pictures showing off their bodies online , or make sure they make comments about things like “ass grabbing “ in old pictures of each other.  Or Mark has to make sure his t shirts are too tight to cover his muscles on his arms ! Lol 

• LOL 2

I'll say a few nice things about the show today.

1) I liked Kelly's "eff this, I'm wearing what I wore to work" outfit as wearing a fun dress and sneakers is so me.

2) I can relate to Ryan's pants.  I have a pair of sweatpants I bought a few years ago that have emojis printed on them and I get either "your pants are so cute/fun!" or "why are you out in pajamas?" 

I actually enjoyed the morning chat.  The weird split screen aside, I think everyone is happy they're back in the studio with some crew members again so they can feel some sense of normal. 

• Love 3

Ryan was out sick again on Thursday & Friday. I know he was out sick when did the Zoom’ed shows and he’s already out sick and they just returned to the studio. I think he might want to stop flying back and forth to LA. It seems to take a toll on him and he’s not even doing American Idol yet. 

• Love 1

Poor Kelly ! All stressed out from working by herself and crying all weekend about RBG to the point that her voice was hoarse !  
In the behind the scenes video walking out , she was sighing ! Poor thing !

Then Ryan had to give her condolences and also be there for her as if a family member died ! Saying “we’ll be here for you”!  OMG! Give me a freaking break !  She obviously has not experienced any real close and devastating losses to be this affected by the death of someone she doesn’t know to that extent !

I liked RBG and felt horrible about her death for many reasons , but my mom actually died of pancreatic cancer and there is no way I cried all weekend or was that  affected by a woman that I don’t know as a person !  I was sad , but no way would it put me over the edge !

The other comical thing was kelly saying that RBG  taught her a work ethic ! OMG! Even her ex friend Howard Stern called her out for walking out of her job because Michael didn’t tell her that he was leaving !  She had to take time off to deal with that !

Kelly and Ryan are so much less likable without a ton of production and an audience. They are a perfect pair , two spoiled , rich , out of touch people who need reality checks ! Gag ! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

But. But. Doesn't Kelly love everybody???

Every athlete on the show is her favorite athlete.

Every movie star on the show is her favorite movie star.

Every TV star on the show is her favorite TV star.

I have never figured out how someone so phony, talentless, fake and dishonest can do so well in TV. Miracles!

Edited by juno
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, juno said:

I have never figured out how someone so phony, talentless, fake and dishonest can do so well in TV. Miracles!

She learned this on her soap opera. 
I don’t hate Kelly. I just think so much has gone to her head. Then when she tries to manage a real relationships she falls flat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Ryan seemed irritated with Kelly yesterday . How body language and expressions seemed to show he was so annoyed with her . No fawning , no BS fake compliments.  

They talked about doing a promo the night before and it sounded like fake competition videos where Kelly was so happy and Ryan was probably made to look like a fool . 

• Love 2
On 9/22/2020 at 9:27 PM, juno said:

Are you serious?

Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, all the Kardashians, Jenny McCarthy, all the Teen Moms, all NJ Shore, and Sharon Osborne are just a few of the most phony, untalented, fake and dishonest TV personalities that have done well that I can think of in 10 minutes.

• Love 10

Just watched Kelly’s 50th birthday celebration show. It was okay.....I guess. Her kids seem like such nice people and appear very close. Mark Skyped in from Vancouver where’s he’s working and basically stuck since he can’t go back and forth. Of course, Kelly’s male tribe stopped by or made a taped appearance which were Anderson Cooper, Andy Cohen and David Muir. She really has a type. Also, Kathie Lee made an appearance via Skype. She talked about her move that I doubt anyone will watch and her time with Regis and that they never lost touch. Oddly enough, Kelly couldn’t add to that. LOL!!!! All that said, 2020 has been a sucky year. I’m looking forward to to 2021 but I’m not sure how much better or worse it will be. Have a nice week everyone. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5

The issue, if she ever had one, was with her agent who failed to protect her from this "ignominy."  His whole job, once a given contract is settled, is to broker the relationship between his client (KR) and the boss (Disney execs).   

The lady wants it all ways.  She is in for quite a rough landing at some point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Watching yesterday’s show and kelly was discussing her days at AMC while being pregnant. She mentions how big she always got when pregnant (which is why I think she’s is always way skinny now) and, actor commenting on her searching for food. She thought it was funny and wasn’t upset by. She even mentioned several of the older actresses who pregnant way before her which were Susan Lucci, Julia Barr and Susan Pratt. I don’t know why but I appreciated her rattling off the names without thinking of it. You can tell she had a great experience there and doesn’t talk bad about it. She also wouldn’t mention the actor who made the comment to protect his identity. She said she’s friends with him and didn’t want to embarrass him. I miss the old Kelly who just got the Live job instead of the rich out of touch Kelly that we have today. I saw her Instagram picture of the flowers she received for her birthday. It looked like had died with all the flowers sent but the one picture looked liked a entry way and it was bigger then my living room. Yup! Kelly is doing just fine. 

• Love 3
On 10/16/2020 at 12:15 AM, DuckyinKy said:

I guess. And some weeks Tuesday, too. I am irritated at pretaped shows. I don't know why. 

I am too. First take the “Live” off of the title and just call it what it is. The Kelly (and Ryan) Show. If they (I’m thinking mostly her) can’t be bothered to show up and tape an interesting show than my channel changer can’t be bothered either...It is turning into such a disappointment after having loved the show for so many years. 
Edited to Add: Ryan is working all the time. Not vacationing on some Caribbean Island, driving to his manse  in the Hamptons. He is commuting to a job in LA and trying to keep it all together. He works a lot behind the scenes as a producer etc. If he had free rein and control this would be a totally different show. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Noted
  • Love 2

Whether they're pre-taped or not, the show is not the same as it was pre-Covid.  I've maybe watched 30 minutes total of LwK&R since March.  Host chat is unwatchable and the remote celeb interviews are just not working.  I realize it's an unpopular opinion, but I liked the way K&R conducted interviews.  Not so with the remote format.  I still record the show daily (along with The View), but I still delete daily when I get home from work.  If you want to feel good about LwK&R just watch The View, it's a total shit-show.

Totally off-topic, but the Graham Norton show just came back, and Graham has a nice blend of in-studio socially-distanced guests mixed with remote interviews with a live music performance.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I agree something just isn’t working with the show since Covid. The from home (or whatever island Kelly was on) wasn’t working but under the circumstances I think we all cut them some slack. Since they’ve been back in the studio it still sucks.

I agree, move the word “Live” from the name bc it’s rarely live. Does anyone remember on The Rosie O’Donnell show when she decided to try to tape it in advance and it sucked and even Rosie thought so? I don’t know what it is but live is just better tv.

I always loved the host chat especially in the Regis days but perhaps Kelly and Ryan just aren’t interesting enough to me.  I loved Regis’s stories about his dinner the night before. He was just a great storyteller. These two, however...are not.

I’ve been taping/DVRing the show for over 20 years  mostly for the host chat but I’m thinking it may be time to remove it from my DVR.

• Love 7

Seems that Idol is the reason for pre-taped Thursdays and Fridays for the #1 talk show on daytime TV.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ryan-seacrest-on-lives-hot-start-american-idol-plans

>>With Idol getting started, are you back to traveling on weekends? How involved are you in the early audition shows?

I am traveling — I'll travel [Wednesday] afternoon after we finish two shows here in New York. Auditions will start in the afternoon in San Diego and I'll go right into taping through Saturday, then return to New York on Sunday for Live. <<

• Useful 1

Today it was just Kelly. Ryan had the day off. Seems odd they didn’t have a replacement if they knew he was off. He was probably sick again & they didn’t want to freak people out. Kelly talking to Gelman off camera doesn’t work well. Even having Mark (or anyone) Skyping in would have been better. I think it was so last minute because even Andy or Anderson weren’t there at the ready. That said, Kelly did look nice in her black shinny outfit. Very glamorous for the morning. 

Ryan out again today out of an abundance of caution and awaiting his covid results.

So with Ryan is traveling back and fourth between California And NY each week they better hope CA doesn’t get added back onto the quarantine states list. 

• Love 1

Now, we’ll have to wait for Kelly to tell us how she waited by Ryan’s bedside during his Covid test. Oh, brother! I’m currently almost done my quarantine for my positive test. I won’t go in to the details of how but luckily mine was very mild. I just knew that’s why he was out the other day and they had no replacement for him. It was that sudden. I agree that his traveling might not be good for either of his shows with this going on. That said, it’s good it was negative. 

• Love 3
On 10/20/2020 at 7:07 AM, justduckey said:

Ryan out again today out of an abundance of caution and awaiting his covid results.

So with Ryan is traveling back and fourth between California And NY each week they better hope CA doesn’t get added back onto the quarantine states list. 

Oy vey i must have heard this 50+ times today.  Its the new yet old saying. 'out of an abundance of caution'  sick of it!  You obviously didnt have an abundance of caution becz you got the dam virus!  Stop trying to play martyr. Be grateful you're alive.

@justduckey sorry Ducky, this wasn't aimed at you, I'm just flippn out.

Edited by ForumLou
Correction
  • Love 2

Kelly has always sucked when she had to host the show alone , but now she’s even more unwatchable!

Now we get cynical Kelly who thinks she can mock Gelman for laughs , but she just can’t pull it off .

She squints into the camera and moans and bitches about comments that people make about her hair or clothes on social media.  She also pretends she is eating all day and her clothing is too tight or too small , probably she has gained about five lbs since she can’t go to soul cycle 4 hours a day before her workout with her anorexic trainer !  She is probably a size 0 instead of a size 00! 

It seems like Covid exposed Kelly for being a liar and a fake with her pretend suffering in NYC while she was in a luxury resort far away from the pandemic . She also was shown to be nasty and her real feelings about Regis  who gave her a break came out . 

So now , Kelly is her sarcastic , pouty , spoiled self on the air , she isn’t even pretending to be nice anymore .

So, along with interrupting Ryan and not letting him finish a thought , she is rude to people  on the phone and complaining on the air .  She is truly a spoiled brat making 20 million a year as she walks to the stage with a miserable , pout on her face on their videos they post online everyday .

i am not surprised that this is real Kelly, I just thought she’d be smarter and hide it a bit better .

Stripping away all of the production and audience sure shows who people are for real , and It’s not good for Kelly . 

• Love 9

Kelly keeping it classy with posting “daddy’s” pics all the time of his body and now a Halloween pic with his “package”, and bantering back and forth with fans and Mark about his size .
It also seems like People has a direct line to Kelly’s family publicist and is posting online articles amour every little thing that Kelly puts on Instagram , just like the Kardashian like pics of Lola that were showing up on People all the time .

Does Kelly think that this stuff makes her endearing or relatable ?  Weird 

Now Lola did an interview with Ryan? He mentioned interviewing her on the show last week .  So uncle Ry Ry is going to be helping Lola break into the music business!  No wonder the Instagram account with Lola’s  Kardashian like poses is now private.   Although, since Kelly and Lola is the fe in mourning over the trashy Kardashians being cancelled , if her music career doesn’t take off,   Ryan can produce a reality show for her too ! 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 2
On 10/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, justduckey said:

Am I the only one who hates their Halloween show?

I don’t even bother watching it. They stated going overboard with it before Regis left but it’s become unwatchable to me.

Yeah i started to pull away last season i think when i didn't even finish the whole program, i have it on dvr and prob will watch the first few mins and see how it opens but thats abt it

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The last funny Halloween episode was when Regis dressed as Kathie Lee and vice versa.  Regis, as Kathie Lee, stoked the tension between Kathie Lee and Gelman.  Of course, it was hysterical.

I can see why this was funny. Too bad I am at my table for one with not liking Regis. I always hated his schtick.

I tuned in late, halfway through the show, because I noticed on my guide that AMC actors were going to be on. Unfortunately by the time I tuned in the only one talking was Kelly. 🙄 What a waste.

12 hours ago, bannana said:

I tuned in late, halfway through the show, because I noticed on my guide that AMC actors were going to be on. Unfortunately by the time I tuned in the only one talking was Kelly. 🙄 What a waste.

Each cast member got to say something about their time with Kelly at AMC. She then then thanked each cast member and said some things about them which were very genuine. She was there for 12 years playing a popular character and seemed to love the job and the cast. I think she stayed with the show while doing LIVE for two years. She had a good gig and didn’t even leave right away when she probably could have. The only cast member who I’m surprised wasn’t there was SMG but that’s probably because Susan Lucci was there, too. All in all, it was a nice reunion and everyone still seems to like her and are in touch somewhat. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Each cast member got to say something about their time with Kelly at AMC. She then then thanked each cast member and said some things about them which were very genuine. She was there for 12 years playing a popular character and seemed to love the job and the cast. I think she stayed with the show while doing LIVE for two years. She had a good gig and didn’t even leave right away when she probably could have. The only cast member who I’m surprised wasn’t there was SMG but that’s probably because Susan Lucci was there, too. All in all, it was a nice reunion and everyone still seems to like her and are in touch somewhat. 

Thanks, @ByaNose. I guess I just tuned in too late.

I thought it was nice. Felt bad Susan Lucci schlepped into NYC for like 10 seconds of footage.

Im conflicted about Kelly lately. I had always liked her and she seems to have a stable marriage and has raised seemingly good kids. Her ex cast mates love her.

Why do I find her so annoying the last couple of years? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, justduckey said:

Im conflicted about Kelly lately. I had always liked her and she seems to have a stable marriage and has raised seemingly good kids. Her ex cast mates love her.

Why do I find her so annoying the last couple of years? 

She can have a stable marriage and have good kids, and be popular with her co-workers while still be annoying when she hosts a morning chat show.  These things are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2