Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Tuned in this morning and was surprised that it seemed like a 'live' show based on their conversation.

Have to agree about Kellmee and making it all about her, she always did, but she's got the pedal to the metal now, lol.

But I came here to ask what has happened to her face?  I know she tweaks her face subtlety but whatever she's doing to her lips isn't complimentary to her, imo.  They appear to be growing width wise across her face and her facial expressions, which she's always admiring in her monitor, only emphasize their shape.  She was once such a pretty girl, now kind of cartoonish, imo.

• Love 1

I always enjoy seeing Dakota Fanning on this show. She always remembers her first roles (granted she ain’t that old) and, always seems so happy to talk about them. I had forgotten her first role was on ER. One of her earlier interviews with Regis is hysterical.it was the height of Millionaire and he had a clothing line. Dakota and her sister Elle went to get his autograph. Even as a child she was so mature without being obnoxious. She mentioned that she and her sister were going to work together for the first time but then the pandemic happened. Hopefully, they’ll get the chance to work together soon. 

• Love 4

Kelly and Ryan were on Jimmy Kimmel Live. The guest host says something like "I'm asking Ryan first because if I start with Kelly, I'll never get to Ryan."

Made me think of the comments here about Kelly talking too much.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Kelly is back to seventh grade sex humor! Wow for someone making 20 million a year she needs a lot of production not to suck as a host ! How many times does she say the words nude or naked ?  Speaking of that , Lola posted bikini selfies and it made People mag . Didn’t Kelly once say that Lola went behind her back and had her prom gown altered to show more skin ? Maybe Ryan can get her a job on The Kardashian’s show ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I do not find Lola's Instagram selfies to be much different than a lot of people in her age bracket. Hell, even a lot of people older than her. Kelly and Mark may annoy me, but I think overall, they raised their kids well. Then again, I just do not care that much about their kids. I have not been watching the show lately, so that might be why I am not really annoyed by them.

• Love 2
On 7/19/2020 at 10:26 PM, goldenpuppy said:

Kelly is back to seventh grade sex humor! Wow for someone making 20 million a year she needs a lot of production not to suck as a host ! How many times does she say the words nude or naked ?  Speaking of that , Lola posted bikini selfies and it made People mag . Didn’t Kelly once say that Lola went behind her back and had her prom gown altered to show more skin ? Maybe Ryan can get her a job on The Kardashian’s show ! 

Kelly is so ridiculous.  She is acting like an adolescent who just discovered sex and she just takes over and tells the most lengthy , boring stories .

Today Ryan was trying to transition from the painfully boring off the cuff host chat to reading one of the little items they discuss , and Kelly has to tell us they Joaquin was taking his ACT’s.  That’s great . I am sure she is proud of him especially since she has talked about his disability, but then she went on and on!   Then we had a boring five minutes of Kelly and Ryan talking about their standardized tests !

I know it’s hard to have a smooth flow from home , but maybe Kelly needs to actually take a cue from Gelman and move on !  They cut off the chef rom Harlem and another doctor because they ran out of time .  Gee I wonder why ?  
Oh and of course Kelly has some pillow with something obscene on it and she “double dared “  Ryan to ask her to hold it up ! She’s like a sex starved adolescent !  Sometimes I think that Kelly brags about “daddy” Mark so much like the people  who need to have PDA’s all the time since they are over compensating for something !

i am sure “Uncle RyRy” will be able to help all of the kids get jobs as producers and help with connections for the singing career ! And if he doesn’t help , he will be in Kelly’s long list of people she “loved “ and was so close to who she  now doesn’t speak to !  Only thing is , unlike Michael and Regis , Ryan is major connected, powerful ,  and Disney sees him as a major asset and wants to keep him . Kelly on the other hand has burned major bridges and made public disputes with Disney .  So, she will be gone and replaced like Ryan’s revolving door of girlfriends !

• Love 3
(edited)

Geeze !Ryan looks like shit  can he at least groom a little before the show ? I work from home too but I actually have to look groomed for Zoom meetings !  I gueds the good thing is that Ryan can actually host a show and interview . He is good at it.

Kelly in the other hand is stammering , saying “uhhh” over and over and very weird ! 
The sex  and bathroom talk and her usual need to take over every minute is super irritating in this format . Does she really think she should be ignoring the “move on” suggestions because she is so super interesting ?

Ryan keeps trying to bring up topics so that we don’t have to hear about toilets, obscene pillows , and Kelly’s nude obsession, but Kelly keeps taking over and keeping the dull stories whenever he brings up a topic !

Today Ryan tried to bring up some actual stories and his facial expressions when Kelly kept babbling about herself were priceless !

He brings up a concert and Kelly goes  on and on about her crowd phobia .  Ryan brings up meeting someone in the men’s room and Kelly has to go on and on about bathrooms ! This was complete with “uhh uhh uhh”.  
23 minute of this nonsense was just painful .  Ryan was obviously looking at Gelman a few times like “I know “.   
To think she is paid 20 million a year to do this ! 
I did see Lola’s bikini selfie .  Why does she have a verified account like she is a celebrity ?  I wonder why she wouldn’t want a private account like her siblings . Some of the comments on her pictures were disturbing .  I would think Kelly and Mark would earn her against weirdos online . Scary 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 9

Ryan may annoy me sometimes, but I do think he does his homework on guests and tries to keep the show running smoothly. I really wish Kelly would get some new anecdotes because she constantly repeats the same ones over and over. Ryan may do better with this format because he does radio. Now that Jimmy Fallon has returned to his studio, I wonder if any of the other talk show hosts may venture to their studios. I would assume if Ryan makes his way from LA that he would have to quarantine for 14 days. 

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Ryan may annoy me sometimes, but I do think he does his homework on guests and tries to keep the show running smoothly. I really wish Kelly would get some new anecdotes because she constantly repeats the same ones over and over. Ryan may do better with this format because he does radio. Now that Jimmy Fallon has returned to his studio, I wonder if any of the other talk show hosts may venture to their studios. I would assume if Ryan makes his way from LA that he would have to quarantine for 14 days. 

Kelly turns everything into a story about her ! She can’t just comment without having to go on and on about herself ! Ryan has to move the show along all the time .  There are times his expressions show that he wishes she would STFU.

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 3

Sadly , Regis passed away .  How will Kelly go on the air and talk about him when she had held a petty grudge against Him and wouldn’t speak to him since he retired ?  Will she turn on her fake persona as usual ? Will they have a sudden hiatus so that it’s not awkward ?  Will Kelly start her vacation early so that Gelman and Ryan will be able to talk about Regis without getting her pissed off?  Kelly wouldn’t even show up at Grlwm’s holiday party if Regis was there .

If Regis had not agreed to hire Kelly when ABC was cross promoting all of their shows, she would be an  ex soap actress married to an ex soap actor who work  here and there . She wouldn’t be able to hide in the Caribbean during a pandemic for months , own three mansions and have the very rich lifestyle she has.    

Ryan better keep kissing her ass and telling her how wonderful she is or she will have another baby tantrum like she does with her good friends all the time like NPH, and turn then into enemies !

• Love 11

I hope Kelly does take the day off so Gelman and Ryan can talk about Regis respectfully. No fake Kelly needs to be heard. She owes everything to Regis.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, rcc said:

I hope Kelly does take the day off so Gelman and Ryan can talk about Regis respectfully. No fake Kelly needs to be heard. She owes everything to Regis.

I do too! No one needs to see her stammering and fake comments !  Regis actually did an interview where he sounded hurt even wouldn’t talk to him.

i honestly always thought she needed a good cohost to look good , she sucked so bad after Regis left until Gelman had to print up little clipping so she wouldn’t talk about her period, tampons and sex like  a 12 year old ! Now she just comes off like the fake person she is when it’s just her .  She is truly a person who never has had to struggle in show business and has gotten by with no talent . That is why she is so full of herself and willing to toss people away who helped her like NPH, who actually is talented !

• Love 8
(edited)

The Hoda has Jenna show Insta page has a tribute to Regis , but alive doesn’t yet ?  Kelly really needs to do an early disappearing act for her vacation starting tomorrow . She first of all sucks the life our of the show in this format and she should not open her fame mouth about Regis and pretend to care when she couldn’t stop being a petty child and forgive him for giving her the required notice for leaving her side !  

ETA: The Today show she Rachael Ray all posted a tribute .

Kelly really does need to just stay away and not make some phony speech !  The only good thing is that all of the photos of Regis have been with his other cohosts so far . I am sure his family doesn’t want the fake Ripa condolences either !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 7

Phony Kelly posted the most generic tribute on IG which add probably posted by her publicist / she thanked him for being “our mentor” and had a picture which was very old , of her and Ryan with him !  Ryan better beware ,  there was once “uncle Regis”, just like there is now a uncle Ry Ry ! 

• Love 5

This is the first I'm hearing of his passing. May he rest in peace. My mother and I recall his stories of Freaking Finelli, Love you baby, Love you Baby, and the bad sister in law. I always enjoyed him hosting with Joy and him picking on Gelman.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Phony Kelly posted the most generic tribute on IG which add probably posted by her publicist / she thanked him for being “our mentor” and had a picture which was very old , of her and Ryan with him !  Ryan better beware ,  there was once “uncle Regis”, just like there is now a uncle Ry Ry ! 

I think Ryan knows enough not to say anything that will piss is phony bitch Kelly ! The both posted the most pathetic , generic tribute and signed it with both of their names !

Gelman posted a heartfelt message and I’m sure some of the other staff will too .

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, snowydaze said:

I think Ryan knows enough not to say anything that will piss is phony bitch Kelly ! The both posted the most pathetic , generic tribute and signed it with both of their names !

Gelman posted a heartfelt message and I’m sure some of the other staff will too .

He's getting a lot of mentions from celebrities, Tony Bennett, Jimmy Kimmel, Dick Vitale. I'm sure this is the beginning.

• Love 4
(edited)

I always knew this day would come & wanted to see how Kelly (and, Gelman) would respond. Besides one small Halloween bit Regis was never asked back as a guest. Even Kathie Lee came back as a guest. Now, Kelly will stammer on in her phony sympathy voice. Meanwhile, Joy will know the real truth. Regis was the reason I watched the show. I had watched him on Lifetime before Live was on. He did some sort of hybrid talk, health & fitness show. I thought he was hysterical. Yeah, Monday will be phony & cringe worthy at best. RIP Reege!

Also, the Instagram picture was lame. It’s a stock photo of her, Ryan, Regis & Mickey Mouse. WTF??? At least, Michael Strahan posted a real personal photo of them together. Kelly knows everyone (in the biz and beyond) knows she wrote him off the minute he left the show. Regis even said it an interview. She’s trying to figure out what to say as we speak with Mark & the kids around the pool in Long Island (ahem.....The Hamptons) 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

The Winds of War!

I loved when he called his sil The Winds. Joy wasn’t too thrilled. Hysterical! Thanks for the memory, sugarbaker.

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, rcc said:

I doubt Ryan will be anymore real than his report is the cold , corporate condolences that Kelly posted.

The two self absorbed phonies signed the post together and posted the same thing on their individual pages  . Looks like some publicist wrote it and posted it .  The rest of the staff all posted emotional tributes and personal pictures .

Ryan is such an ass kisser , but he is shrewd and eventually Kelly will get back the shitty treatment she gave her other cohosts . She isn’t isn’t young anymore and she can barely remember what she’s talking about ! Regis was at his prime when he was older than her . 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I always knew this day would come & wanted to see how Kelly (and, Gelman) would respond. Besides one small Halloween bit Regis was never asked back as a guest. Even Kathie Lee came back as a guest. Now, Kelly will stammer on in her phony sympathy voice. Meanwhile, Joy will know the real truth. Regis was the reason I watched the show. I had watched him on Lifetime before Live was on. He did some sort of hybrid talk, health & fitness show. I thought he was hysterical. Yeah, Monday will be phony & cringe worthy at best. RIP Reege!

Also, the Instagram picture was lame. It’s a stock photo of her, Ryan, Regis & Mickey Mouse. WTF??? At least, Michael Strahan posted a real personal photo of them together. Kelly knows everyone (in the biz and beyond) knows she wrote him off the minute he left the show. Regis even said it an interview. She’s trying to figure out what to say as we speak with Mark & the kids around the pool in Long Island (ahem.....The Hamptons) 

Kelly’s soap acting skills will come in handy ! She is so thin skinned ! People who dared question her cold condolences are being blocked by her or her cronies ! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Kelly’s soap acting skills will come in handy ! She is so thin skinned ! People who dared question her cold condolences are being blocked by her or her cronies ! 

If you read Kelly’s Instagram after reading every other celebrity’s and Shully’s you’d be shocked she worked with him for 10 years. Even Gelman wrote a sincere one. Regis sort of raised him from single guy to married guy on the show. Kelly couldn’t even bother to include a personal photo. The whole post was so wrong on all levels.  It was a publicity photo with Ryan & Mickey Mouse. Really? Billy Bush just posted a second post with more photos and it 1000% more personable. I’d like to say I’m shocked but I’m not. She hadn’t talked him since he left and everyone knows it. Now, she’s getting nailed for it and is blocking everyone. I thought Andy Cohen might have posted something but I don’t think Kelly gave him her orders yet. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, marmalade said:

I doubt Ryan will be anymore real than his report is the cold , corporate condolences that Kelly posted.

The two self absorbed phonies signed the post together and posted the same thing on their individual pages  . Looks like some publicist wrote it and posted it .  The rest of the staff all posted emotional tributes and personal pictures .

Ryan is such an ass kisser , but he is shrewd and eventually Kelly will get back the shitty treatment she gave her other cohosts . She isn’t isn’t young anymore and she can barely remember what she’s talking about ! Regis was at his prime when he was older than her . 

I agree about the publicist writing that. Ryan is just as bad as Kelly apparently.

• Love 4
(edited)

She's absolutely disgraceful.  Kellmeee owes everything she has to Regis, were it not for him, she would be on the D list of celebrities doing supermarket grand openings.

To put up such a generic, run of the mill condolence and sign it both Kelly and Ryan was her final slap in the face to Regis.  The only upside to that is that everyone in the industry can see what a petty self-absorbed creature she is and most will not forget.

She will get her comeuppance in the industry and I don't think she will handle it well.

Reege was one of a kind and he will be missed!

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 6

How does everyone think the phony duo will handle the show if they are on tomorrow ? Both got a lot of criticism about their tacky post.  Ryan didn’t delete , but Kelly probably had Markie blocking everyone who dared criticize his thin skinned twit of a wife ! 

I personally think that Uncle RyRy spent time talking to Kelly and she is going to pretend she was so devastated she couldn’t come up with words to post her feelings and they will put on a reality show is bullshit for damage control, even though she didn’t speak to Regis for years !   
The more Kelly her to be real because one on one with the camera , the more her fake personality show through! 

• Love 1

Oh please do tell.....did Kelly and Ryan get negative comments on their instagrams?  I wondered if that would happen.  Did Kelly delete the comments or  block posters?

I am shocked that Ryan didn't put up his own personal message with photos about Reege.  I seem to recall that Regis was quite fond of Ryan.  I know Ryan thought Dick Clark was his role model, mentor but I have to think Reege was also in that league as it relates to Ryan's career.

• Love 1

I was very saddened to hear about Regis' death.  I've enjoyed him on every program he's been on, his own as well as a guest on other programs.  He had an exceptional talent.  I'm old enough to remember his early years as a sidekick with Joey Bishop in the black/white TV days.  He was possibly the last raconteur left in show business who had amusing stories about every public figure.  Any show he guested on was always the best.  When a guest cancelled, Dave Letterman knew he could call on his buddy Regis to fill in the spot, which he did admirably with little to no preparation.   His appearances with Don Rickles were priceless.

When I heard about Regis' passing, I immediately thought about Barbara Walters.  She hasn't phoned in to The View in a long time or been mentioned.  I wonder how she's doing.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, finnzup said:

Oh please do tell.....did Kelly and Ryan get negative comments on their instagrams?  I wondered if that would happen.  Did Kelly delete the comments or  block posters?

I am shocked that Ryan didn't put up his own personal message with photos about Reege.  I seem to recall that Regis was quite fond of Ryan.  I know Ryan thought Dick Clark was his role model, mentor but I have to think Reege was also in that league as it relates to Ryan's career.

Yes, Kelly and Ryan got a lot of negative comments . Ryan seemed to ignore them . Kelly deleted and blocked and limited comments !

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I grew up watching Reege. Feelings about Kathie Lee are mixed at best, but there was never any doubt about how much she adored him. That's more than we can say about her successor. From Live to Millionaire to his varied appearances on late night shows, he was the man. God bless and rest you, Reege. 🙏💖

In other news, the current hosts apparently took in the Mets/Braves game yesterday. They almost look lifelike!! 😉😝😂

116290988_10157767644893472_5612416309862150444_o.jpg

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I grew up watching Reege. Feelings about Kathie Lee are mixed at best, but there was never any doubt about how much she adored him. That's more than we can say about her successor. From Live to Millionaire to his varied appearances on late night shows, he was the man. God bless and rest you, Reege. 🙏💖

In other news, the current hosts apparently took in the Mets/Braves game yesterday. They almost look lifelike!! 😉😝😂

116290988_10157767644893472_5612416309862150444_o.jpg

Those cut outs are about as about as real as fake Kelly was Ryan !  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I loved Regis and I am so very sad that he has passed. He entertained me so much. I quit watching Live when they hired Ripa and haven't watched since. It is impossible to compare any of Regis' accomplishments with Ripa's. Regis was so talented, so smart and so kind.

Ripa has no talent but she is a celebrity like the Kardashian's she covets so much. Being a celebrity with no talent like Ripa exposed her through the years as being vengeful, vain, stammering, threatening, greedy, territorial, self absorbed, a thrist trap, thin skinned and possible the biggest narcissist I have ever seen. Everything and I mean everything that comes out of her yap is about me, me, me!!! She will spend about 30 seconds tomorrow talking about one of the greatest entertainers in the history of media and the rest about herself.

I am mostly sad that the idiot Gelman and the Network chose this no talent narcisist (with her equally no talent husband) to carry a torch that took Regis years to build.

Edited by juno
additions
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, juno said:

I loved Regis and I am so very sad that he has passed. He entertained me so much. I quit watching Live when they hired Ripa and haven't watched since. It is impossible to compare any of Regis' accomplishments with Ripa's. Regis was so talented, so smart and so kind.

Ripa has no talent but she is a celebrity like the Kardashian's she covets so much. Being a celebrity with no talent like Ripa exposed her through the years as being vengeful, vain, stammering, threatening, greedy, territorial, self absorbed, a thrist trap, thin skinned and possible the biggest narcissist I have ever seen. Everything and I mean everything that comes out of her yap is about me, me, me!!! She will spend about 30 seconds tomorrow talking about one of the greatest entertainers in the history of media and the rest about herself.

I am mostly sad that the idiot Gelman and the Network chose this no talent narcisist (with her equally no talent husband) to carry a torch that took Regis years to build.

I don’t think Gelman had much of a choice in who they hired . ABC /Disney was doing some bullshit “synergy “ at the time where they had soaps doing crossovers with characters and also included Live in the mix ! So Kelly was a good crossover from the soap .
She was no way the best person for the job, and after years  of being on the show when there is no production she still can’t do anything but turn every topic into endless babbling about herself  !   Regis apparently wanted Valerie Bertinelli for the job, which would have actually been much better since she’s talented and not a big fake . 
You are right about her coveting the Kardashians and now she has their producer as her cohost ! At least Ryan is used to working with no talent , plastic , rich , narcissistic women ! He handles her well by kissing up to her and stroking her giant ego !  Sadly , she has someone  who now displays Kardashian type poses online  but it’s no surprise ! 

Kelly is so smug and full of herself and thinks that  she actually is on Ryan’s level. When it’s obvious he was hired to stop her bullshit with cohosts . The way she shit on Regis when he was in his 70’s and wouldn’t remember things and the way she insulted Michael for being divorced was so low class .  She can barely get her words out now and she’s not even 50!   Ryan is in tight with Disney and so is Gelman.  And is she thinks Ryan will choose her over his career of push comes to shove , when he dumps his girlfriends and moves on overnight , she’s very stupid . 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 5

I will agree with everyone else that it was incredibly tacky of Kelly not to put out her own personal statement. Also, it clearly was written by a PR person. To sign it Kelly and Ryan wtf? And to use a photo with Mickey Mouse? 

I know when Regis came back for a Halloween episode they showed behind the scenes and Regis went in to hair and make up and kissed Kelly hello and it all seemed congenial. Who knows what really went on. Regardless, nothing short of personal statement should have been put out.

Im sure use the excise of being too emotional and needing time to process it but that’s just bs.

• Love 3
(edited)

I will agree with everyone else that it was incredibly tacky of Kelly not to put out her own personal statement. Also, it clearly was written by a PR person. To sign it Kelly and Ryan wtf? And to use a photo with Mickey Mouse? 

So many digs in the one post--written by a pr person, the photo looks like it's about 20 years old and Mickey Mouse????  Wow Kelly, you''ve outdone yourself!  There's no way she didn't approve that post, she's such a control freak and such a manipulator. 

Edited by finnzup
  • LOL 1

It never occurred to me just how old the pictures of Regis & Kelly were with Mickey & Ryan. It was a horrible post with no meaning or thought. Also, a joint statement from Kelly & Ryan??? I could see Kelly & Mark but.......Ryan????  She blew it. That’s how far removed she is and how she moved on from Regis. She has her posse of Ryan, Andy, Anderson & David Muir to prop her up along with all of them being filthy rich To boot. She got so phony in the later years. Even, Howard Stern (no patron saint mind you) calling her out and she wrote him off, too. Kelly will write you off in New York minute if you cross her. Michael Strahan found that out, as well. The show will be awful tomorrow. The fact that it’s being done remotely won’t help the cause. Buckle your seats because it’s going to be an interesting morning. I think GMA will have a proper goodbye which airs right before Kelly with Michael Strahan. Interesting indeed. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe its for the best Kelly let a team write the tribute. I still remember that weird thing she said on the first post-9/11 show. What was it? She hoped the souls of the passengers were taken to heaven just before the planes hit the buildings?

Edited by VCRTracking

First, RIP to the GOAT. 

I do think Kelly and Ryan are being sincere in their comments today about their memories about Regis. (And poor Art!) but like others, I wished the Instagram post had that same sincerity. I read it yesterday and I’m like “well...this is awkward.” Everyone knows that Regis and Kelly didn’t speak in the past few years so to me it’s sort of crocodile tears.

also, pretty weird that the two guests they pull at the last minute are Kiefer Sutherland and Michael Symon. I like both of them, but Regis was the Man around New York. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

First, RIP to the GOAT. 

I do think Kelly and Ryan are being sincere in their comments today about their memories about Regis. (And poor Art!) but like others, I wished the Instagram post had that same sincerity. I read it yesterday and I’m like “well...this is awkward.” Everyone knows that Regis and Kelly didn’t speak in the past few years so to me it’s sort of crocodile tears.

also, pretty weird that the two guests they pull at the last minute are Kiefer Sutherland and Michael Symon. I like both of them, but Regis was the Man around New York. 

Kelly’s soap acting days of faking tears came in handy ! She actually earned part of her millions today ! She  Pilsner be bothered to talk to him when he was alive . Phony 

• Love 4

Kelly is using her acting skills today. She is wearing black, has a candle lit behind her with a dozen white roses on the table. Very well staged. She couldn’t get the tears to come out. I’m sure she’s sad, but I don’t think her real feelings run deep. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Same here.  He was such a good storyteller, he could make the most mundane of evenings a laugh riot.  He told a story once of him and Joy going to the movies, when they had the house in Connecticut.  The movie theater was a triplex, the movie they were seeing was playing on 2 of the screens.  When they get there, Regis goes straight to the movie, while Joy goes on line to buy popcorn.  Of course Regis walked into the wrong theater, it was the right movie, but the wrong time.  The movie was already half way through.  Joy gets the popcorn and goes into the right theater, notices Regis isn't there and strolls over the other screening room, which is full at this point, and Joy whispers "Regis"

Of course Regis told this anecdote in 20 minutes, explaining the parking situation, Joy getting ready, his consternation with every inconvenience.  He was so hysterical.  Truly made for daytime television, a raconteur in every sense.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Overall, a nice tribute episode but I would have cut the Sutherland interview. He was from home so that would have been easy to do. Kelly did a good job and mentioned the family which was nice. It was nice to see Gelman & Art Moore speak about Regis. Regis sort of made them household names by putting them on camera and letting them speak. That’s what made the show so good . Regis would have the prop & card guys like Julian speak on air. It really was a local tv show but shown Nationally. I still think the Instagram post was tacky but they made up for it today. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Same here.  He was such a good storyteller, he could make the most mundane of evenings a laugh riot.  He told a story once of him and Joy going to the movies, when they had the house in Connecticut.  The movie theater was a triplex, the movie they were seeing was playing on 2 of the screens.  When they get there, Regis goes straight to the movie, while Joy goes on line to buy popcorn.  Of course Regis walked into the wrong theater, it was the right movie, but the wrong time.  The movie was already half way through.  Joy gets the popcorn and goes into the right theater, notices Regis isn't there and strolls over the other screening room, which is full at this point, and Joy whispers "Regis"

Of course Regis told this anecdote in 20 minutes, explaining the parking situation, Joy getting ready, his consternation with every inconvenience.  He was so hysterical.  Truly made for daytime television, a raconteur in every sense.

Thanks for that memory!  I remember it well because I was literally howling.  LOLOL.

• Love 6