Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

This is it for me too.  Done, Kaput, complete and utter disgust with the lack of Victor takedown.  How does this continue to happen?  Well, I just don't care anymore.

And poor Sharon, stop already with the craziness - no one is enjoying watching this show anymore....no one gives a flying f__k about Neil and his craziness, Lily and the vampire, the scoobies or actually any story left on this show.

At this point I would rather watch crazy NINA on GH than this and I despise Phyllis o'jazz hands.....

Crazily, I am enjoying GH right now, but mostly cause I was never a long term viewer, watched it a bit in the 80s and just picked it up sporadically a few years ago.  After OLTL.  I think I enjoy it cause I really don't give a shit about any of the characters there, so my blood pressure is unaffected.  While Pricktor enrages me, Sonny is just kind of a laughable Tony Soprano wannabe.  But the long-time viewers feel the same about what is happening to their show as we do Y/R.

• Love 7

See I can't stand GH since all of the mob stuff started. Without the Scorpios and Quartermaines, it's boring. Most of the younger set can't act and too many of the older ones seem to be overacting. The court scene the other day was ludicrous IMO. Maybe it's because I only watch periodically but I can't stand it for too long.

• Love 4

JR was the biggest ass in the world, and he could do something horrible, but 2 minutes later, his charm would pull the audience back in. LH had more charisma in his pinky-nail than EB has in his entire body. A daytime JR back-in-the-day would've been awesome, and still could be, but it would have to be a different character than TGVN and a different actor than EB, in my opinion.

PB could pull off the character who does evil shit and yet you cringe cause they are going to get into trouble. They remained somewhat sympathetic... even if only for some. MM could pull it off for a lot of viewers.  

I wonder if it's penetrated EB's ego that Not-ready-for-Primetime Pratt is throwing his character and him under the big diesel bus.

• Love 8

So I made the mistake of reading today's recaps on the SOC board and I feel, I don't know, violated.

Ashley's been reduced to propping the businesswoman Abby -- because Ash has to FIGHT to keep Abby at Jabot -- and being in scenes with dough boy.

Sharon has asked Mariah to keep her miscarriage a secret and will now proceed to try and get knocked up so Dylan never knows about it because he "couldn't take it."

But the icing on the cake is Victor forcing Chelsea to stay with Jabot. He has Victoria read the TERMS of the merger agreement -- the one signed by Marco the evil doppelgänger Victor brought to town to rape Phyllis while Jack was being raped and tortured by a psycho woman Victor imprisoned him with. Yup. Victor is enforcing that merger agreement. And Jack says "this isn't over" or some such shit and walks away like the spineless brainless automaton to which he has been reduced.

What the FUCK kind of storytelling is this? I don't even care if you hate Sharon or Jack. This is just unbelievable. 

• Love 16

Yup, that about sums it up. I watched most of it today, why I don't know, and that recap doesn't begin to sum up how goddamned smug Pricktor is about everything. And all Jack can do is stand there with that pursed-lip expression that he has too often, and declare "This isn't over!", like he always does. GAAAAHHHH

• Love 9

But the icing on the cake is Victor forcing Chelsea to stay with Jabot. He has Victoria read the TERMS of the merger agreement -- the one signed by Marco the evil doppelgänger Victor brought to town to rape Phyllis while Jack was being raped and tortured by a psycho woman Victor imprisoned him with. Yup. Victor is enforcing that merger agreement. And Jack says "this isn't over" or some such shit and walks away like the spineless brainless automaton to which he has been reduced.

What the FUCK kind of storytelling is this? I don't even care if you hate Sharon or Jack. This is just unbelievable. 

And if, by chance, there is any minimal payback to Victor - which will probably consist of Dummer being "dithapwointud in muy gwampaw" sorta shit, that payback WON'T be delivered by the people he fucked over aka Jack or Phyllis, but one of his amoeba-brained offspring.  

Dullan wants a kid?  Get a Lincoln Log set.  Hell, wth all the pieces he'd have the Genoa City equivalent of the Duggars.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

But the icing on the cake is Victor forcing Chelsea to stay with Jabot.

OK, I haven't seen today's show as it doesn't air here for another hour. But I am confused about the above statement - I thought Victor wanted Chelsea at Newman? Why would he force her to stay at Jabot?

I am so disgusted with this show, but mostly about the Nick/Herb insta pairing. Has there even been an more uninspired couple that this? And that is saying a lot for Y&R. No chemistry. No history (bear trap aside). Who cares about Herb? Anyone? I know I don't. And that this whole farce of a coupling, including Faith apparently being doppleganged and now thrilled with her new step mommy, is to bring grief once again to a long  loved character is just beyond disgusting.

• Love 7

sorry. Typo. I am too horrified to type correctly. Victor is forcing Chelsea to stay at Newman to keep Connor in town. He does everything forhisfamily.

And if, by chance, there is any minimal payback to Victor - which will probably consist of Dummer being "dithapwointud in muy gwampaw" sorta shit, that payback WON'T be delivered by the people he fucked over aka Jack or Phyllis, but one of his amoeba-brained offspring.

That's the thing. Jack and Phyllis have accepted this and are moving on. So who the hell is going to give a shit? Which is to say I don't care what comes out now.

God, I can't even watch PB. His character has become a joke. 

I'm going on Netflix to see if the latest season of the Mindy Project is available. I need out of this fuckery. I just can't quit you guys on this board. 

• Love 4

I couldn't wait for the episode to be over it pissed me off that much( watched live). It infuriated me to see fucking NosferaTurd gloating like the crypt keeper behind his desk. I kept waiting for Jack to explode in front of them all and tell them just what he has suffered but nope! Not allowed! The original contract isn't legal but Victor just says that it doesn't matter who signed it. WTF!

• Love 9

And why isn't Jack dropping the "A" bomb on Victor?  Why is he keeping Gabe's secret?  

Is it me or is Ashley putting on some weight, she looks great but is hippier than I have seen her especially in that white pant suit.  

Mariah please don't let us down and keep this stupid secret of Sharon's!  Mariah and Sharon sharing that moment though, each crying was very endearing and real.  

• Love 5

Crazily, I am enjoying GH right now, but mostly cause I was never a long term viewer, watched it a bit in the 80s and just picked it up sporadically a few years ago.  After OLTL.  I think I enjoy it cause I really don't give a shit about any of the characters there, so my blood pressure is unaffected.  While Pricktor enrages me, Sonny is just kind of a laughable Tony Soprano wannabe.  But the long-time viewers feel the same about what is happening to their show as we do Y/R.

That almost makes me wonder. Are writers intentionally trying to kill off soap operas altogether?

• Love 3

I've taken to re-watching movie classics. Just watched Witness for the Prosecution. Also if you never saw Rectify on Sundance. Check Netflix. Or Justified for that matter.

Thanks! I really like getting into a series. That's why I stuck it out with Y&R for so long. The daily thing is a treat too. New episodes all the time.

But now it's torture. 

That almost makes me wonder. Are writers intentionally trying to kill off soap operas altogether?

I really believe the networks look down their noses at soap viewers. Like they figure we'll watch anything. So they re-hire hacks and throw shit at us. I don't know. I'm just sick of being treated like I have no brain. I think that's why I feel so angry at this latest crap. 

• Love 10

I've taken to re-watching movie classics. Just watched Witness for the Prosecution. Also if you never saw Rectify on Sundance. Check Netflix. Or Justified for that matter.

I love Witness for the Prosecution and watched it not that long ago.  Elsa Lanchester, Marlene Dietrich, Charles Laughton, Tyrone Power, what a cast!

I'm also watching Empire and enjoying what I've seen so far.  Lots of good stuff out there.

I wish there was a classic soap station, though......

• Love 9

I am so disgusted with this show, but mostly about the Nick/Herb insta pairing. Has there even been an more uninspired couple that this?

Sharon and Dullen.

Sharon has asked Mariah to keep her miscarriage a secret and will now proceed to try and get knocked up so Dylan never knows about it because he "couldn't take it."

Of course Sharon wants Mariah to keep quiet. She should've never put Mariah in this position. 

• Love 4

I"m in wholehearted agreement with your entire post(s). I actually can't believe what I'm seeing onscreen. What in hell is Pratt thinking here? He must be intentionally trying to create a mass exodus of viewers from this show, right? Otherwise, what the hell?

This business of Victor ordering everyone around (and I do mean everyone, including the Police Chief, the DA, etc.) is mind boggling. Over the past couple of days I've read the spoilers popping up everywhere, SOC, Twitter, and they actually say that Victor tells Chelsea he "owns her". What the flaming fuck is that supposed to mean? This crap happening on the heels of Adam wheedling Chelsea around and asking her if she wanted to see billboards and print ads with crap fashion with her name on it, has left me practically gape-mouthed. All I know is if some shithead told me he "owned" me, I'd make damn sure he began to understand pretty quick exactly what he "owned", and it wouldn't be a bunch of colorful schmattas either.

What the hell is Victor supposed to represent on this putrid wreck anyway? I don't even begin to understand what's happening here and, more importantly, WHY THE FUCK IS CBS LETTING IT HAPPEN?

• Love 11

Sharon and Dullen.

I like Sharon and Dylan together, and have since Dylan first came to town and Sharon befriended him. They actually have chemistry and I like that their long friendship (at least long for a soap opera) has resulted in a romantic relationship. It is believable and happens often in the real world. (And did to Mr Username and me). Unlike Nick and Herb who would still be apart had she not found out she was preggers. For Nick to suddenly go from wanting a break because of his daughter to falling madly in love once he finds out Herb is pregnant, to not caring a whit about said daughter and moving Herb into the tacky house pronto is just ridiculous. Add on Faith being apparently doppleganged and Nick's 3rd walk down the isle in less than two years (but only completed walk) and you have a storyline that makes Jack/Marco's totally believable in comparison.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

I love Witness for the Prosecution and watched it not that long ago.  Elsa Lanchester, Marlene Dietrich, Charles Laughton, Tyrone Power, what a cast!

I'm also watching Empire and enjoying what I've seen so far.  Lots of good stuff out there.

I wish there was a classic soap station, though......

Oh, I love Witness, too!

I've only tried one episode of Empire, and I'm not sure about it yet. I binged The Knick, but had to look away during the gory shots. I'm madly looking for something else to binge on.

A classic soap station would be wonderful--I'd just hope it would be accessible here in Canada.

• Love 2

I"m in wholehearted agreement with your entire post(s). I actually can't believe what I'm seeing onscreen. What in hell is Pratt thinking here? He must be intentionally trying to create a mass exodus of viewers from this show, right? Otherwise, what the hell?

This business of Victor ordering everyone around (and I do mean everyone, including the Police Chief, the DA, etc.) is mind boggling. Over the past couple of days I've read the spoilers popping up everywhere, SOC, Twitter, and they actually say that Victor tells Chelsea he "owns her". What the flaming fuck is that supposed to mean? This crap happening on the heels of Adam wheedling Chelsea around and asking her if she wanted to see billboards and print ads with crap fashion with her name on it, has left me practically gape-mouthed. All I know is if some shithead told me he "owned" me, I'd make damn sure he began to understand pretty quick exactly what he "owned", and it wouldn't be a bunch of colorful schmattas either.

What the hell is Victor supposed to represent on this putrid wreck anyway? I don't even begin to understand what's happening here and, more importantly, WHY THE FUCK IS CBS LETTING IT HAPPEN?

The ratings. That's all I can say. But I'm watching them closely and they are slowly trending downward. At this point I don't even care if they don't drop. I am no longer a viewer so Pratt can have at it.

I'd forgotten about how much Victor has been ordering everyone around. I think awhile back I believed all this was to make his downfall worse. Even Summer and her "My Gwampa would never do that" was likewise going to be about her eating crow. I also thought Vicki bitch would be eating some crow.

Nope.

I am so cured of this show I'm a little stunned. I can't watch PB. I cannot take his character seriously any more. No human being would come out of that horror and be normal. He would be insanely bent on revenge or emotionally crippled (likely both). He wouldn't sit back and rest with his Zen wife (while other stupid stories take centre stage) and allow the one man responsible for everything that happened to him, his wife and his father's cherished legacy order him around.

And speaking of the Zen wife: This is the woman who willed herself out of a year-long COMA and walked across the country to GET REVENGE on a mentally ill woman. She is also the woman who kills to get what she wants. Who runs people over with cars if they threaten her happiness.

Even MAB understood Victor had to pay -- hence him being shot and having to momentarily grovel to the Abbotts for getting Colleen's heart. And he had done nothing even close to what he's done now.

Nothing on this show can work any more. Sharon should steal Sage's baby. It's not remotely as bad as what Victor is getting away with. So whatever.

And when Adam is outed who the fuck is going to buy anger from anyone? His crimes re: Delia are a positive JOKE compared to what Victor has done.

I gave Pratt a chance. A serious chance. Well, learned my lesson.

• Love 15

So I have this really big boat called the Miranda ("O brave new world,That has such people in't!") for people who are no longer watching Y&R.  Full bars with Grey Goose,Yellow Tail and craft cocktailers, on every deck, activity rooms that explore mankinds' diversions from outtathecave to intoouttaspace, plenty of retro movies and soaps (continuous showings), reading rooms and book discussions-this month is Harper Lee, real workout rooms that are not in hotels and paneled in Victorian Elm, and the buffest, hottest, totally dressed for =ahem= tropical weather stewards attending to your every wish. Book early and often.   All aboard!

• Love 16

I'm madly looking for something else to binge on

I was surprised at how much I loved Astronaut Wives Club. Bonus: It's ten episodes and done.

Killjoys on Syfy if you like Sci-fi... shocked at how  good it occasionally is.

Scandal... How to get away with murder.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 3

So I have this really big boat called the Miranda ("O brave new world,That has such people in't!") for people who are no longer watching Y&R.  Full bars with Grey Goose,Yellow Tail and craft cocktailers, on every deck, activity rooms that explore mankinds' diversions from outtathecave to intoouttaspace, plenty of retro movies and soaps (continuous showings), reading rooms and book discussions-this month is Harper Lee, real workout rooms that are not in hotels and paneled in Victorian Elm, and the buffest, hottest, totally dressed for =ahem= tropical weather stewards attending to your every wish. Book early and often.   All aboard!

Oh goody. I'll need to get out of Dodge as Ericka is getting close. but it looks kinda weak. Problem here is we've already had record rains and the retention ponds are full.

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 2

I like Sharon and Dylan together, and have since Dylan first came to town and Sharon befriended him. They actually have chemistry and I like that their long friendship (at least long for a soap opera) has resulted in a romantic relationship. It is believable and happens often in the real world. (And did to Mr Username and me). Unlike Nick and Herb who would still be apart had she not found out she was preggers. For Nick to suddenly go from wanting a break because of his daughter to falling madly in love once he finds out Herb is pregnant, to not caring a whit about said daughter and moving Herb into the tacky house pronto is just ridiculous. Add on Faith being apparently doppleganged and Nick's 3rd walk down the isle in less than two years (but only completed walk) and you have a storyline that makes Jack/Marco's totally believable in comparison.

I like Shylan too. They are believable as a couple to me. Sage and Nick are totally ridiculous and  I am sick of them trying to shove them down my throat.

• Love 6

So I have this really big boat called the Miranda ("O brave new world,That has such people in't!") for people who are no longer watching Y&R.  Full bars with Grey Goose,Yellow Tail and craft cocktailers, on every deck, activity rooms that explore mankinds' diversions from outtathecave to intoouttaspace, plenty of retro movies and soaps (continuous showings), reading rooms and book discussions-this month is Harper Lee, real workout rooms that are not in hotels and paneled in Victorian Elm, and the buffest, hottest, totally dressed for =ahem= tropical weather stewards attending to your every wish. Book early and often.   All aboard!

Got Lindemans Bin 65 Chardonnay?  Same price as Yellow Tail, but I'm not picky--Kangaroo Blanc is what it is. Mind you, Given the past coupla months of dealing with shit between US and CDN governments, banking, and so on, with the daughter, I can't see myself giving up the show...I need something, no matter how crappy, when Bell Fibe tells me I can zone out...

pearlite quote

Got Lindemans Bin 65 Chardonnay?

Check with your personal steward-your wish is his command.  We also have a 'rehab' lounge that shows the show for those having relapses-staffed 24 hours with Sharon and Phyliss' therapists.  Can't miss it-located in the dingy trailing the Miranda.

• Love 5

Walter White (best TV character ever, IMO) on "Breaking Bad" did awful things, but I never stopped rooting for him. He still had a shred of humanity. Victor has not the slightest shred.

Send over that steward who looks like Matthew McConaughey! I need another Cosmo! :-)

• Love 8

Walter White (best TV character ever, IMO) on "Breaking Bad" did awful things, but I never stopped rooting for him. He still had a shred of humanity.

Plus you knew he wasn't going to have a HEA. He was dying.

• Love 1

littleIggy quote

Send over that steward who looks like Matthew McConaughey! I need another Cosmo! :-)

way ahead of you.  Happy Fleet Cruises has taken doppelganging to a whole new level.  And we booked "Thunder Down Under" in the  BoomBoom Room (two drink minimum).

• Love 4

I agree with all you guys said re: Jack and fucking Victor. This show seriously sucks balls. And why are Noah and Summer allowed to be so freaking useless and directionless? Especially Noah. He is too fucking old to be from that family and working in the goddamn underground.

I also can't wait until the Adam reveal. Does anyone have a timeline on that because I'd like to see the smugness wiped right off of Sage's face.

• Love 4

also can't wait until the Adam reveal. Does anyone have a timeline on that because I'd like to see the smugness wiped right off of Sage's face.

Watch...the only one to catch hell will be Jack. "How could you have known and not told us...waaaaaaaaaa"

• Love 7

The only thing I find mesmerizing right now is watching Sage's belly go from flat during the baby shower to a slight bump.  A bigger bump for the wedding, to one that grew larger during the course of the wedding party at The Dive the next day.

Maybe Sharon needs whatever Sage is on to continue a fake pregnancy?

• Love 5

The only thing I find mesmerizing right now is watching Sage's belly go from flat during the baby shower to a slight bump.  A bigger bump for the wedding, to one that grew larger during the course of the wedding party at The Dive the next day.

Maybe Sharon needs whatever Sage is on to continue a fake pregnancy?

So true!!  I am so sick of her rubbing that belly and resting her hands on it and those eyes, those teeth, YUCK!  So if she and Sharon are on the same time frame for pregnancy where is Sharon's bump and how does she expect to catch up?!  Sooooo stupid!

• Love 7

I'll leave that point alone, though. The obnoxious nerd in me needs to be silenced. Furthermore, I reckon I know the type of British accent(s) you're referring to.  ;) My question is, would PB have been able to pull it off?

Never. PB is a good enough actor IMO, but I'm embarrassed for him when he tries to do an accent.
  • Love 3

No, Pratt thinks that WOMEN think that men are that dumb.  See every soap opera for the last 50 years re:  faked pregnancies.

What gets me on this one is, normally, with faked pregnancies, it seems to happen with women who are no longer sleeping with the men they're faking out (hence the fake pregnancy, to try to get them back or manipulate them in some other way).  But Sharon and Dylan are engaged and together all the fucking time.  Is he really going to be too stupid to notice she's not really pregnant when they have sex?  Or is she going to just cut him off for the duration of her "pregnancy"? 

She would have been better off going with her original thought of getting pregnant right away again.  Yes, that was gross, too, but you'd think she'd have better odds of fooling him there.  He's not the brightest block of wood.  I mean, as long as he doesn't gain more than one ring in his trunk during the course of the pregnancy, he won't be able to figure out the intricate math.  

• Love 9

luv2lurk quote

watching Sage's belly go from flat during the baby shower to a slight bump.  A bigger bump for the wedding, to one that grew larger during the course of the wedding party at The Dive the next day.

I saw this on an episode of Fringe.  The baby grew so fast that by the time it was delivered it died of old age.  Dare we hope this happens to a Newman offspring?  Save Victurd a lot of ponies, trust funds and court orders/lawyer's fees.

• Love 4

Forget Sage's midsection (I wish I could) and bask in the rapidly expanding selection of face pulls, mugging, and exaggerated expressions she has. Last week, when Summer and her merry band of revelers popped out to surprise Daddy and Stepmommy, I finally saw it.

Look at me! I am so cutely surprised! Tee-hee. Let me butt my head against Nick's shoulder like a delightful kitten. Is this all for little ol' me? See me bat my eyelashes! Awww, I'm adorbs, biting my lip and snuggling wuggling with my big strong husband. Shucks. Giggle.

Still I have not one bubbling volcanic fuck to give about this character or the excessive Newman offspring she brings to the table.

• Love 15

Ninja, you absolutely nailed why I hate the actor who plays Sage. She was never this overbearing when she was with Adam in the mansion - maybe because she was always morose there? The scrunched up face where her eyes disappear into her head that is supposed to convey happiness makes me want to put my fist through the TV. She is like some bad sitcom actress from the 50s playing the happy home maker. My apologies to June Cleaver and company because that is really an insult to them.  She easily surpasses Hunter King as the worst actress on the show. Joshua Morrow turns in emmy worthy performances in comparison. I know many do not think much of his talents, but to play someone in love with this dolt takes some pretty good acting chops IMO. Poor guy, what a let down from playing love scenes opposite Sharon Case and Michelle Stafford (who, repeating lines aside, could act).  Who in the heck does she know to get such a prominent storyline with not an ounce of acting ability? I keep hoping that the rubbing of the stomach will cause her to disappear.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8

Noah didn't care that Victor gaslit his mother, lets see if he cares about bribing Marissa. I'll be shocked if Noah doesn't think Marissa's the liar and she agreed to taking the money to leave town.

• Love 3