Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Diane M said:

I wonder if we'll keep seeing Lily with those perfectly manicured nails and polish.

Nope.  Lily is going to start working out so she can get back to her family.

giphy.gif

Spring sweeps!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Diane M said:

I wonder if we'll keep seeing Lily with those perfectly manicured nails and polish.

Right?! I wonder if the penitentiary nail mafia stocks Essie Mademoiselle...It has such a subtle, clean contrast to prison blues...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Wonder if she got the bunk that was a foot too short for Adam. 

Hopefully, she won't get the prison doc who was a millennium too young for Victor.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, crowsworks said:

Wonder if she got the bunk that was a foot too short for Adam. 

1 hour ago, boes said:

Hopefully, she won't get the prison doc who was a millennium too young for Victor.

Bahahahahaha! I'm dead! ???

• Love 8

I've given up on this show so as it's circling the drain like the tenacious little turd that it's become, I want to put out a few "I know what's coming" predictions:

1. Unicorn Lily gets moved to a pen far away, so SugarCane and the Mopets move house to be closer to her, ergo opening the door for yet another shitty showrunner to bring them back....someday...

2. Billy gets in too deep again, and I'm not talking about inside Syph. But this time she's complicit, da DUM, music of doomed relationships plays in the background.

3. Dummer does tell Billy about Phick and he shuns her, goes on a gamblin' binge, while Phyl phucks Jack because, yanno...phucking solves all Phyl's probs.

4. I dont give a good rat's ass about WHERE'S JT, so...

5. Jazz Bro Neil phones in from pretend Sofia's home city to say he's staying there for awhile and invites Ashely to join him et voila, she's outta there.

I dont care about anything else, and I dont really even care about the above, just wanted to put that shit on the table so when it happens we can say, DUH, because these plots are so stupid that you can see em coming a mile away.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

I've given up on this show so as it's circling the drain like the tenacious little turd that it's become, I want to put out a few "I know what's coming" predictions:

1. Unicorn Lily gets moved to a pen far away, so SugarCane and the Mopets move house to be closer to her, ergo opening the door for yet another shitty showrunner to bring them back....someday...

2. Billy gets in too deep again, and I'm not talking about inside Syph. But this time she's complicit, da DUM, music of doomed relationships plays in the background.

3. Dummer does tell Billy about Phick and he shuns her, goes on a gamblin' binge, while Phyl phucks Jack because, yanno...phucking solves all Phyl's probs.

4. I dont give a good rat's ass about WHERE'S JT, so...

5. Jazz Bro Neil phones in from pretend Sofia's home city to say he's staying there for awhile and invites Ashely to join him et voila, she's outta there.

I dont care about anything else, and I dont really even care about the above, just wanted to put that shit on the table so when it happens we can say, DUH, because these plots are so stupid that you can see em coming a mile away.

Phyl will enter the poker game and magically win back Jabot - Jaboat - Billy's dick - a case of ex small condoms - and Katie all of which Billy lost in the poker game. He will reform and from now on will just play poke-her with Phyl.

Butt finds out about P/N and hits it with Mop as Phyl does Jack. Everyone gets knocked up WTD style with menopause babies.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Ugh, what is up with Billy's back? Was that a birth mark? It was distracting. Make up couldn't cover that? And did I really need to stare at his feet. I hate this show. 

That's what's left of his soul trying to eat its way out.

• Love 13

I didn’t see today’s show. What’s up with Billy’s back? Is it a birthmark or a tattoo or what? Can anyone capture a photo from today’s show? Although I’ll probably be horrified to see it.

• Love 3
On 9/6/2018 at 1:36 AM, RedRockRosie said:

Agreed. I kept thinking, I don't know, wouldn't you want to spend some time with your kids if you knew this might be your last evening with them? But stupid selfish Cane didn't even include the kids for dinner either.

Now, listen, Cane and Lily were minding their own business when one day they walked into their living room and their little twins were just two years younger than Lily but were pretending to high school age. Lily and Cane must feel like their kids are gaslighting them every single day! I wouldn't invite those gaslighters to Lily's last supper either.

• Love 8

Nick is arrested by Detective Rosales, who has taken over Paul's office!  They mention Paul but we don't see him.  Everyone else is in the Squad Room fretting over the arrest and pissed at how Rey played them and betrayed them.  Sharon is there, with Mariah, who has to leave.  Abby is there, and then later she leaves with Mariah.  Prick, Drinki and Vic show up.  Sharon thinks that Prick squealed on Nick but Vic insists that he wouldn't have.  Drinki is have an MS episode, and Prick and Vic are worried about her.  Meanwhile, Nick's lawyer Brittney shows up.  Eventually Nick tells her the truth about his JT impersonation and sabotage of NE.  Rey is apparently convinced that Nick was working with JT.  Rey really only wants to find JT so he offers him immunity for all of his crimes if he tells him the truth.  Brit says to Nick he should take the deal.  Nick tells Rey that he had not seen or heard from JT since he left town.  And he admits he was JT.

Mariah's guest cancels so Abby comes up with the idea of doing an ancestry themed show.  Mariah and Abby have a funny exchange about their own ancestry comparing stolen sperm to unknown twin of a dead girl who is raised in a cult.  That was not on the air, but it should have been.  At the end of the episode, Mariah shows Dina's pic and asks the audience if they know the man in the photo.  Prick and Drinki are having lunch and watching the taping and he almost chokes on his steak sandwich when he sees the photo.  Prick glosses it over with Drinki, but then he talks to Abby who tells him the man in the photo might be Jack's dad!

Dummer wakes up in the hotel room but Kyle is gone.  She seems disappointed, possibly.   She texts him but he brushes her off.  Later he talks to Mariah and tells her about the bet, and that he didn't go through with it because Dummer doesn't care about him.  Why I am suddenly liking Kyle?

Billy has really turned into some kind of psycho about all of this gambling, and Phyllis is his enabler.  He buys her a diamond necklace with his winnings.  She plays along but is uncomfortable.  He closes the blinds and they of course do it in his office.  Later, they are still dressing themselves in the reception area when Dummer shows up looking for Kyle.  Billy is very cold and dismissive to Dummer.  Then Phyllis talks to Billy about Dummer and says she is still her daughter and she would like to know how she turned into such a caustic bitch.  Hah!  Billy doesn't care, because he is now focussed on placing a bet on their horse, Phylly.   Hahaha!!!  Phyllis is concerned but he tells her he knows what he is doing.  Later Phyllis bumps into Vic at CL.  Vic tells her about Nick and Rey's true identity.  Vic berates her for going off for the weekend while all this stuff is happening.  Phyllis brags that they went to Vegas and points out the necklace Billy gave her.  Vic cannot believe that Phyllis is enabling his gambling, and Phyllis assures her that he is different now and it is not a problem.  Vic points out that Billy's addiction almost got them both killed, but Phyllis poo poos her saying, that is in the past.  Vic is not amused.  Back at Jabot, they watch the race together but Phylly loses and Billy loses 5 grand.  He is not upset because he says he will win back that and more on the next race.  Phyllis looks concerned.

• Love 17

Try to imagine this with Stafford and Miller as Phyllis and Billy and the only way it would make any sense is if Phyllis were purposefully exploiting a Billy with some kind of brain injury in order to orchestrate his downfall. Under normal circumstances even a believes he is terminally ill gives no fucks but is in his right mind Billy wouldn't jeopardize the family company knowing how hard the entire family worked to build it up. It might make more sense if Billy was the one who knew he wasn't an Abbott but was keeping it secret and was taking his anger and loss of identity out on the Abbott family (namely Jack since he'd have been John's sole legit son) via the company. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Now, listen, Cane and Lily were minding their own business when one day they walked into their living room and their little twins were just two years younger than Lily but were pretending to high school age. Lily and Cane must feel like their kids are gaslighting them every single day! I wouldn't invite those gaslighters to Lily's last supper either.

Well...when you put it that way... lol

• Love 5

Compulsive gamblers don't stop till they lose. It's a form of self-destructive/I don't deserve to have anything mentality.

But that might need Good writing by the MWT's, so "Look, are Philly Phucking in the window of Rexx Ruggs?"

Lalalala

• Love 7

Now that Nick has immunity, Rey wants to be friends again.  And by the end of the episode, Nick concedes to Sharon that he has no problem with Rey.  So I guess they will be buddies until Rey arrests his fiancée, his sister, his mom, and his ex.

A Paulie sighting!  He is pissed that Rey gave Nick immunity and that he went behind his back to his wife the DA.  I guess this is

Spoiler

one of the last times we will see Paul.

Rey says that this was never about Nick, it is about JT and now that they know Nick was aping JT (see what I did there?), they have to go back to girls' night at Vic's as that was the last sighting of JT.  Rut roh.

Mariah is happy that Tessa loves her.  And she is jazzed to be going on an out of town overnight shoot to Madison.  Later, while Nick is taking a shower to prepare for sexy times at Sharon's house, she gets a call from Tessa asking how to clean the espresso machine.  Suddenly Sharon hears screaming and glass breakage, so I guess we can assume Tessa is staging a break in so she can steal from Sharon.

Prick confides in Drinki, since they are now total and complete partners, that the man in the photo is his father.  She insists he has to tell Jack but he says he will not and compels her to keep the secret.  She doesn't seem too comfy with that.

Dummer finally corners Kyle at CL.  He admits that he still has feelings for her.  She concedes that she loves him too...like a brother.  Ouch!  He says that reminds him of when they thought they were bro and sis.  Wait, if Jack is Prick's brother, that makes Nick Kyle's first cousin, and Dummer his first cousin once removed?  How European of them.  Anyhoo, Kyle, you dodged a bullet.  Run away from Dummer as fast as you can.

The Ashbys go to visit Lily.  She says she is fine.  There is a bunch of blah blah blah.  Then Devon shows up, after Charlie appealed to him again.  Devon and Lily talk and he feels really bad that she is in prison, and he can see that she is suffering.  He takes back all of the awful things he said to her, and she asks if he has forgiven her and he says there is nothing to forgive.  Wow, I've got whiplash.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, bannana said:

Mariah is happy that Tessa loves her.  And she is jazzed to be going on an out of town overnight shoot to Madison.  Later, while Nick is taking a shower to prepare for sexy times at Sharon's house, she gets a call from Tessa asking how to clean the espresso machine.  Suddenly Sharon hears screaming and glass breakage, so I guess we can assume Tessa is staging a break in so she can steal from Sharon.

14 hours ago, bannana said:

Dummer finally corners Kyle at CL.  He admits that he still has feelings for her.  She concedes that she loves him too...like a brother. 

so wait!  where was the espresso machine and if at cl, how come dummer and vyle don't see any broken glass etc?

• Love 3

A Gloria sighting!

Okay, the Rosales family is now complete.  And we have a new set:  La Vida Loca Food Truck! which is parked in front of the Jabot building. Kyle is ordering a sandwich from Arturo and Rey's feisty sister Lola, who owns the food truck.  She is definitely his new love interest.

Billy is at Jabot scouring the books to try to find ways to cut costs in order to fund Jaboteeks.  And at the same time he is making bets with his bookie.  When he loses, he screams into the phone.  Glo overhears him and confronts him.  She warns him to be more careful, because others could have heard as well.  Also Billy finds a line item regular payment to Type A Consulting, but Glo knows nothing about it.  Billy and Glo leave  just as Kyle returns with his sandwich.  When they leave, Kyle snoops in the CEO's office and finds a slip of paper in the garbage that looks like bets on sports.  When Glo returns Kyle says he found the paper in the elevator and asks if she know what it means, suggesting it could be important.  She says it is just garbage.  He references her background as a bookie (?!).  She blows him off.

At the Abbott manse, Abby tells Ash that someone named Matt Miller contacted GC Buzz and identified the mystery man as Albert Miller.  Abby wants to tell Jack, but Ash says they need to keep it a secret until they can confirm with Matt Miller.

Tessa was attacked at CL.  But it was not a staged robbery.  Tessa tells Sharon that this was a warning to her.  She won't let Sharon call the police.  Sharon sees serious bruises on Tessa and urges her to go to the hospital but Tessa refuses.  Nate shows up for coffee!  Sharon recruits him to examine Tessa, which he eventually does and says she seems fine but she should go to the hospital.  He leaves and Tessa implores Sharon to keep quiet about the whole thing.  Sharon apologizes for doubting Tessa was telling the truth about the attack.  Sharon says they can check the security tapes to ID the intruder.  Tessa says she checked the tapes and his face was not visible so she erased them, and Sharon is stunned.  Tessa says she will go to any lengths to protect her sister.

At the GCAC rooftop, Abby is annoyed with Arturo that he didn't warn her that his bro is a cop.  But he smooths it over with a lame excuse.  She leaves and Lola shows up.  Arturo tells Lola that Rey is in town, and she looks...anxious.

Jack is at the GCAC bar, and Billy shows up to spar with him about his interference in Jabot.  Jack admits that he made some bad decisions and truly wants Billy to succeed.  Bill thanks him but says he is still wary.  Then he asks Jack about Type A, and he doesn't know anything about it and suggests asking Ash.  Which Billy does when he goes to the manse.  She says because he slashed her budget she has outsourced some R&D to Type A.  He buys it.  She then calls someone named Andrew, saying that she knows he wasn't expecting to hear from her quite yet.  She tells him that Billy noticed the Type A line item.  She says they have to be more careful, and if anyone asks him, he is to say he is doing outside R&D consulting for Ash.

Billy returns to his office and gets a text telling him that he has lost another bet.  He is upset but texts back that he will win it all back tomorrow.  Then he calls his broker to cash in his stocks.

At the GCAC, Abby decides to tell Jack about the email from Matt Miller identifying Albert Miller as the man in the photo.  Jack is horrified.

Previews:  Prick to Jack at the Abbott manse:  I understand you are prying into my family business.  Jack replies he is only interested in his own family tree, and Prick tells him to cut the crap.  Ash with Andrew at the GCAC.  He says:  I never thought we would be having this conversation.  Our little arrangement has worked out so well and all, up until now.  Ash looks concerned.  Lola to Kyle, at CL:  Are you going to ask me out, or what?  Phyllis to Billy, in his office:  This budget issue, does it really have anything to do with Jabot, or is it really about your gambling?

• Love 15

Rey's feisty sister Lola, who owns the food truck. 

Of course, stereotype much, Show?

Tessa says she checked the tapes and his face was not visible so she erased them, and Sharon is stunned. 

What a shitty little weasel she is. I used to like her but not any more, dump her.

• Love 13

Thing I couldn't figure out today:

• Why didn't Billy or Glo just google Type A Consulting.  Or ask their finance dept?
  • Why didn't Sharon just call the cops anyways?  Because Tessa threatened to run away?  How is that a bad thing, from Sharon's perspective?
  • What the heck time of day was it?  Sharon and Nick had left for some afternoon delight and that was when Sharon got the call from Tessa, when she was attacked.  When Kyle comes back with his sandwich, he chides Billy and Glo for taking off after a half day of work. Then Billy goes for drinks at the GCAC, goes home to chat with Ash, and then returns to the office.  Sharon says that she and Tessa are going to close CL early.  Lola meets Arturo at the Rooftop, saying she was done for the day, but she closed her food truck right after Kyle bought his sandwich.  
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thing I couldn't figure out today:

• Why didn't Billy or Glo just google Type A Consulting.  Or ask their finance dept?
  • Why didn't Sharon just call the cops anyways?  Because Tessa threatened to run away?  How is that a bad thing, from Sharon's perspective?
  • What the heck time of day was it?  Sharon and Nick had left for some afternoon delight and that was when Sharon got the call from Tessa, when she was attacked.  When Kyle comes back with his sandwich, he chides Billy and Glo for taking off after a half day of work. Then Billy goes for drinks at the GCAC, goes home to chat with Ash, and then returns to the office.  Sharon says that she and Tessa are going to close CL early.  Lola meets Arturo at the Rooftop, saying she was done for the day, but she closed her food truck right after Kyle bought his sandwich.  

there's a hurricane in north carolina and everyone is going home early?

• Love 11

Re Tessa's story, the bruises were real.  I don't believe her either but if she inflicted those bruises on herself, she is one messed up chick.  Like the ones on all those Lifetime movies I love.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 6

Every female on soaps is a spitfire for their first month. Soulful yet fiery is in damn near every casting call. I don't see how the food truck was racist.  There's alot of latin food trucks near me and one of my favorite taquerias started out as a food truck and expanded to it's own building.  There's an influx of bodegas though.  One on every other corner. 

Gloria was actually tolerable and I usually can't stand her and her scenery chewing family members. 

It's nice that Abby continues to be a champion for Uncle Jack but when's the last time she and Kyle shared scenes? They used to be very close about 5 years ago. Also waiting for Abby to get her own storyline instead of just moving along everyone else's around her. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, bannana said:

Re Tessa's story, the bruises were real.  I don't believe her either but if she inflicted those bruises on herself, she is one messed up chick.  Like the ones on all those Lifetime movies I love.

I think she has a confederate or someone who is coercing her. Either way, I don't give two shits about her.

• Love 15

Gloria sighting today!  Otherwise, pretty boring.

Billy is hurtling through his downward spiral.  He cannot get the money he needs so gets Glo to make a late night wire transfer to an account, telling her it is business, but she openly accuses him of gambling.  Earlier, Phyllis had popped in to see him and he was grouchy and she sort of confronted him about his escalating gambling.  But then she gave up and left, bumping into Dummer at the elevator.  Dummer is grumpy about her friendship with Kyle being on the outs, as earlier he pretty much blew her off, so Phyllis invites her to have a drink and talk to her about her problems.  They go to the Rooftop and talk about Kyle, and Phyllis tries to give her advice.  Dummer is a bit frosty and Phyllis probes and wants to know why Dummer has it in for her.  Dummer reveals that she had always previously defended anything her mom did.  And that she knows Prick's evil deeds messed with her head.  But she blames her for screwing around on Jack with Billy, and for screwing around on Billy with Nick.  Phyllis wants them to work on improving their relationship.

Detective Rey interrogates Prick again about JT, but really he is digging into his relationship with Nick.  Prick then goes to Nick's office to tell him about the meeting with Rey, and promises Nick that he would never have turned him in to the cops.

Jack talks to both Nick and later Billy about his search for his father and they pretty much give him the advice that perhaps he should let it go.  Which he seems to agree with.  Then he goes home to a surprisingly empty manse considering how many people live there.  Prick shows up late in the evening and confronts him about the photo and his search.  Prick tells him to back the fuck off and says that he knows that Jack wants a piece of NE.  Jack says he just wants the truth.  He reveals that he was actually going to let the whole thing go, but now Prick has spurred him into renewing his search for his father.  Hah!

Kyle is back at La Vida Lola (last week I called it La Vida Loca) flirting with the owner.  Rey comes by to tell Lola how proud he is of her and then proceeds to smother her with concerns about her safety and who she is dating.  She blows him off.  Later, she bumps into Kyle at CL and they agree to go on  a date.

A very beautiful Mariah is back in town and when she goes to hug Tessa hello, she winces in pain.  Eventually Mariah gets it out of her, about the attack.  Mariah is freaked out, and offers Tessa her savings.  Tessa says she just needs another job and fast.  So Mariah goes to Dark Horse and asks Nick to hire her.  He does, and she starts that evening, sorting files and taking care of shipping them somewhere.  Someone shows up and Tessa freaks out and hides, but it is only Mariah who is there to help her with her work.

• Love 18
On 9/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, Cindyluwho said:

Why doesn't Jack use Nick's  DNA to find out if they are related?

Because....I know... they need to see that Prick is really Tracy's pappy when Billybutt insists Tracy have a DNA test. Because (MAL) that would explain why her child could give Prick the perfect heart that he can pickle in Tequila. (Granddaughter - did she bang any Newmans?)

• Love 8
7 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Because....I know... they need to see that Prick is really Tracy's pappy when Billybutt insists Tracy have a DNA test. Because (MAL) that would explain why her child could give Prick the perfect heart that he can pickle in Tequila. (Granddaughter - did she bang any Newmans?)

I don't think so.

• Love 3