Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Oh please soap gods, NO to a Blabby pregnancy. Good grief, that would be the frigging worst. Abby did say she’s on BC. 

Today I was impressed with MA, PB and ED during Dina’s cognitive test and afterwards. Been there, done that with my mother. The clock made me cry. ?

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, DivaT said:

Yes. 

Thanks for the recap @bannana

Hilary had no idea that the picture had chelsea in it. She didn't preview it before it aired. She said she would have blurred it out if she'd known. She seemed as shocked as everyone else that it was chelsea. 

So incompetence or just nastiness?

8 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

oral contraceptives are only 91 - 99% effective so chances are she will be preggo.

they will fail her just like her daddy's vasectomy's failed him.

The Newmans are a fertile pack.

4 hours ago, miamama said:

MO looks very close to needing to go on mat leave. So I suspect she leaves town when she realizes she's pregnant, rather than bed rest.

She's essentially being shoved out of Newman by Ice Sister.

Then she returns after mat leave with the prosthetic pregnancy. Although in Mal's speedy universe she may return with a baby.

or a Teenager who will age into a moody disco owner.

• Love 6

I am very confused because it appears to be a new day in GC, which means Scabby have spent like 12 hours not calling their families or the police.  But Ravi is back!  Sort of.

• Scabby are at a motel parking lot, that they have determined is the closest one to one of the sex ring locations they found in Zack's files.  They determine Zack is there because his car is in the back.  Abby apparently flirted her way into getting Zack's room key, cause that still happens these days.   One wonders, have they had food or drink?  Have they peed? Because one thing we know for sure, they have not called anyone to tell them where they are.  Scott explains this, saying they cannot wait for the police because they have to get the goods on Zack.  They go to Zack's  motel room and when they realize they haven't found anything useful, Scott decides to use the phone in the room to call the police.  But Zack shows up pointing a gun at them.  He is still in love with Abby.  He says he would never have left her in the storage unit, he would have called the police when he got away.  Except that was two days ago Zack.  She decides to play along and pretend that she is still in love with Zack and she realizes her family has dumped her, and they haven't even been looking for her.  Scott is confused, why is Abby saying these things.  Zack believes her and says they will leave together and she agrees.  But then he says he has to kill Scott.  She tries to convince him to not kill Scott, she cannot put up with him being a murderer.  Suddenly Zack picks up on a vibe between Scott and Abby, and he suspects they have had sex.  He confronts them, and they both deny it but he doesn't believe them.  He says Abby is no better than his prostitutes.  He then decides to shoot them and we hear the gun go off but we don't know who, if anyone, was shot.
  • Back in GC, Ash and Ravi(!) are having coffee at CL worrying about Abby.  Vic walks in, and Ash confronts her about the press release that she says covers Vic's ass by spreading vicious rumours about her sister.
  • Paul goes to Newman to brief Prick on the Abby and Scott situation, saying that they escaped and the cops have no idea where they are.  Nice of him to fill in the family the NEXT DAY!  He then tells Prick that Newman is involved in this sex ring.  Prick is pissed at Paul for suggesting such a thing, and wails about the fact that his assets are frozen and he cannot pay his vendors or his employees.  He growls, if Paul and Cricket go after Newman, he will take them both down.
  • Dina is at the Abbott mansion trying to take off her ankle monitor.  Jack says, mother, if you keep playing with that thing, we are going to have a SWAT team on the roof. Hah! Jack introduces Dr. Berg to her, and Jack says he may be able to help them with their legal problems.
  • At Chelz' penthouse, Nick and Chelz have apparently gone through an entire evening and night without discussing the expose on the Hilary Hour. She brings it up with him now, and he is angry that he had to find on out via TV that his girlfriend is a con artist and he stomps out. Wait, what? Didn't everyone know Chelz was a con artist?
  • Vic says everything in the press release was factually true.  Ravi tries to intervene.  Vic ,she is worried about Abby, but...     And Ash says:  But? there's actually a "but" in there?  Vic reminds Ash that Abby faked her kidnapping once before with Carmine.  I actually have no memory of this Carmine thing.  Vic says Abby could be hanging out at cushy spa waiting for everything to blow over.
  • Dr. Berg does a cognitive test with Dina.  She balks at first but Jack coaxes her into it.  She asks the doctor to remove her ankle monitor, saying it is very chafing!  The scenes with Dina are very good, because Marla is amazing.  She gets through some of the questions, stumbles on the memory ones, gets very anxious and upset, tries to charmingly deflect on questions she obvi cannot answer.  Then finally the doc asks her to draw the clock, a common test for Alzheimers.  Jack is standing behind her and sees what she is drawing and grabs the piece of paper and ushers the doc out without letting him see it.  Dina is relieved it is over.
  • Nick shows up at CL and gives support to Ash about Abby.  Ash says it is nice to see one of Abby's siblings being supportive.  Ash and Ravi say that Vic and Prick are making it sound like she was knowingly involved.  Nick says he is sorry, he knows Vic and how she can be.  He asks Ash to keep him posted about Abby.  Chelz arrives and wants to finish their discussion.  They start to bicker in front of Ash and Ravi.  Ravi asks if Chelz is the girl from the Hilary Hour and Nick says she is, the con artist.  Everyone in CL is staring at her and she starts maniacally shrieking that she is the girl in the  picture on the Hilary Hour.
  • At Newman, Neil and Prick  look at the headline:  Missing heiress to blame for Newman sex scandal?  Neil tells Prick that this is on Vic, she did not follow his advice.  Vic enters and overhears what he is saying to Prick, and that she thought she made herself clear.  Neil suggests a follow up statement to soften it, and Prick says he stands behind Vic's decision.  Vic defends her decision to Neil.  He says that he knows that she has the final say and it is their company but it is his job to give sound PR advice.  He again mentions Abby, and what will happen when she comes back.  Prick says she will be fine, she has been on the brink before and has recovered.  Later Vic talks to Neil about him undermining her, and she says if she was a man she would not be criticized.  He tries to appeal to her as a friend, implying that this is not her.  She says that she was chasing after Billy like an idiot, and he was literally poisoning her.  She is over being that Victoria, being stepped on, and now she is going to be tough and strong.  I really thought she was going to fire him.  He again says he will continue to provide advice he feels is the best for Newman and she can choose to ignore that advice.  He warns her about becoming like her father, who has lost so much because of his unchecked power.  She says: I am not my father, and he replies, not yet.
  • Chelz and Nick are now back at the penthouse, continuing with their argument.  It seems they are going to be rom com 2.0.  Chelz says the Newmans have a lot of their own controversy, and have had in the past.  Nick says that the insurance co. is not paying a dime because they think he torched the Underpants.  He could go to jail for arson, and she could go to jail for being a con artist.  He says that her being exposed is not going to help his own dire situation with the authorities.  She calls bs on that.  Nick wants to know if her conning days are behind her, and she assures him that is long behind her.  She was never married to Jordan, it was all a scam.  He wants to know what else she is hiding from him.  She assures him there is nothing.  Oh, Chelz.  She says she left all of her conning behind, it is in her past, and he replies, that is exactly what a con would say.  And she stomps out of the room and up the stairs.  Chelz returns later, and he thinks she is going to apologize but she throws bedding on him and tells him he won't be sleeping in her bed.
  • Ash arrives at the Abbott mansion.  Dina says she is sure Abby will be fine.  Ash asks about the doctor, and Dina gets upset and leaves the room.  Jack says that it didn't go that well, and that she didn't finish the cognitive questions.  He tries to imply she just has regular memory problems from aging.  Ash sees the paper with the clock that Dina drew, and she forces him to recognize that there is something terribly wrong with Dina.  They have to acknowledge it so that they can help her, she says.  She talks about some of her bizarre behaviour and Jack finally says out loud that Dina is sick, she has Alzheimers.  I did get weepy during that scene, remembering going through the same thing with my mother.

Previews:  At NE, Prick to Neil: I don't want it to take a long time, you have got to deal with this, put it away!  Paul, in his office, on the phone to Sharon at CL: You have got to come to my office right now.  Ash at home with Jack, on the phone:  Paul, right now? and she looks worriedly at Jack.

And it is clearly the next day, everyone is in different clothing. So whatever happened with the shooting at the motel, family members are  not going to hear about it until a whole day goes by!

• Love 18

Chelz returns later, and he thinks she is going to apologize but she throws bedding on him and tells him he won't be sleeping in her bed.

This could be the start of a s/l where Nick loses everything. Chelz kicks him to the curb and either she or Prick spill the beans about Christian. Chelz somehow wrests custody away from Nick, possibly because Adam has returned. How long will it be before he has to go crawling back to Turd?

3 minutes ago, Gloriole33 said:

The goods on Zack were in the storage locker.  How dumb are these dumb people?

How much time you got?

Oh and thank you bannana!!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Oh please soap gods, NO to a Blabby pregnancy. Good grief, that would be the frigging worst. Abby did say she’s on BC. 

Today I was impressed with MA, PB and ED during Dina’s cognitive test and afterwards. Been there, done that with my mother. The clock made me cry. ?

Jack finally saying out loud, what he had probably guessed awhile back, made me sad..

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Ash arrives at the Abbott mansion.  Dina says she is sure Abby will be fine.  Ash asks about the doctor, and Dina gets upset and leaves the room.  Jack says that it didn't go that well, and that she didn't finish the cognitive questions.  He tries to imply she just has regular memory problems from aging.  Ash sees the paper with the clock that Dina drew, and she forces him to recognize that there is something terribly wrong with Dina.  They have to acknowledge it so that they can help her, she says.  She talks about some of her bizarre behaviour and Jack finally says out loud that Dina is sick, she has Alzheimers.  I did get weepy during that scene, remembering going through the same thing with my mother.

I am going to watch these scenes for sure.

So so so sorry @bannana and @PatsyandEddie and @Gam2 and @Big Blue Plate and anyone else who has had to live this. It's heartbreaking just to imagine it. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Gloriole33 said:

The goods on Zack were in the storage locker.  How dumb are these dumb people?

Sadly, it is not the characters who are dumb, but the writers. Who also apparently believe that we viewers are just as dumb, and think this plot line makes perfect sense. 

How long will it be before Nick finds out that Chelsea Con has pulled her biggest con on him? 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

thank you bannana...

so not knowing who was shot and what paul is going to tell sharon and ashley will be the friday cliffhanger i guess,

maybe abby is dead.

Maybe Abby will be shot and go into a coma where she won't be seen for a while. I know that was a storyline on some soap. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, crowsworks said:

So incompetence or just nastiness?

The Newmans are a fertile pack.

or a Teenager who will age into a moody disco owner.

The picture came in while they were live on air during the interview. Not sure when Hillary would have had a chance to review it considering.  It seems like a disregard for what was played on screen, if those are the only two options. But with all things scripted drama related, is viewers choice. So, I'll let you choose. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DivaT said:

The picture came in while they were live on air during the interview. Not sure when Hillary would have had a chance to review it considering.  It seems like a disregard for what was played on screen, if those are the only two options. But with all things scripted drama related, is viewers choice. So, I'll let you choose. 

Hillary is pretty sloppy, , just airing a picture without looking first 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Hillary is pretty sloppy, , just airing a picture without looking first 

That's what happens when TPTB wants to use a character as a plot point for something but doesn't want her complicit. Meh. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DivaT said:

Generally, even shows that are “live” are on a seven-second delay, so the producers or whoever have a small chance to delete or bleep any objectionable content.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Generally, even shows that are “live” are on a seven-second delay, so the producers or whoever have a small chance to delete or bleep any objectionable content.

If only GC Buzz was written realistically. This is the same show that goes live at will yet is in syndication. Is there such a thing? 

• Love 3

Scabby are going to out themselves by their guilty faces. ?

Kudos again to PB and Ed for all of their scenes today! The anguish was palpable, the tears, the angry outbursts were so realistic. Painful to watch.  

Victor is such an asshole. Gah, I want the FBI to take him down. 

Who else was majorly squicked  out by Scabby not running from the police station to a hot shower? Ewwww! ?

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 6

Well, that was a boring mess of a show. I watched most of it and can barely remember anything even halfway interesting. The Jack/Ashley scenes were good, but apart from that - blah.

Edit: Patsy, I know, right? They’ve apparently been gone for three days, and her first thought is going to the office? And Scott goes and hangs out at the coffee shop? Blurgh!

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 4

Okay, I have no idea what day it is supposed to be.  We start with the shooting, which was yesterday, and then all of a sudden we are in today.  Everything that happened at the motel with Scott and Abby yesterday is actually now happening today.

• Zack is pointing the gun at Scott and Abby, and Abby kind of turns away toward the curtains, but then Zack is shot in the back by Crystal!  Scott sees her and she drops the gun and flees.  Why? She just saved their lives.  The next time we see Scott and Abby is at the police station. 
  • Sharon is at CL first thing in the morning and gets a call from Paul.  Ash and Jack are talking about Dina and Jack says he didn't sleep all night and he is going to work from home.  He says he called Dina's neurologist and Dr. Berg and they confirm the Alzheimer's diagnosis. They talk about how horrible things are going to be for Dina.  Jack asks Ash about Abby, and she says she didn't sleep last night either, and her phone rings and it is Paul.
  • Paul has called Sharon, the Baldwins, the Abbotts, and Pricktor to come to the police station but he apparently did not give them the good news over the phone, so they are all pleasantly surprised when they arrive and see that Scott and Abby are fine. Lauren is hugging Scott when Sharon arrives, and he immediately turns to hug Sharon, making Lauren have that look of disgust she gets when Sharon is around.  Abby looks on uncomfortably.  Paul informs them that Zack is dead, and there is an APB out on Crystal.  Sharon lectures Scott for making her worry.  Abby says Scott saved her life.  Ash and Prick arrive and hug Abby.  Paul tells Scott and everyone that he is no longer a suspect in Natalia's murder.  Mikey wonders whether they will try to solve Natalia's murder.  Paul is kind of pissy in this scene.  Sharon and Lauren both berate Paul for ever having arrested Scott.  Scott asks them to call a truce  between them, and Lauren says, when hell freezes over, and Sharon agrees with Lauren.
  • Prick and Ash are with Abby and they are telling her how proud they are of her.  Ash wants Abby to get checked out at the hospital, but she says she is made of tough stuff, no need.  Ash wants her to come to the Abbott mansion and stay there with them for awhile and Abby refuses, because she has to get to the office and help fix the mess she created.  Okay, this is crazy.  She needs to shower and eat a meal, and burn that fugly green dress.  Then she needs to resign from Newman after Prick humiliated her with an assist from Vic.  And then she needs to go ask her Uncle Jackie for a job.  But she does none of these things.  As they leave to go to the office, Prick goes off on Paul and Cricket (she's not there).  And then Abby goes straight to the office in the green dress she has been wearing for three days and nights.  And what does she get for her dedication?  Her loving father cradles her and calls her "my sweetheart" and purrs nice fatherly sentiments.  He tells her that Zack must have been pretty convincing to get past her defences.  Hah!  She confronts him about the party and the ruse they pulled on her.  She said she stood behind him when no one else did.  He tells her she is just not capable of what Vic is.  She says her track record is better than Vic's.  She says that unlike her sister, she didn't bankrupt a company that was thriving a year ago.  Prick finally tells her angrily that she is to blame for the mess, that he can't pay his employees and that the feds took all of his computers.   She made it impossible for him to conduct business, she has shamed the company.  Abby says he cannot pin it all on her.  She brought the idea to Prick, and he himself had Zack checked out. He says he also blames his investigators, but she has to take some responsibility, and she says understands, and nothing like this will ever happen again. 
  • Sharon is back at CL now, and Mariah tells Sharon that she blew off Devon re Thanksgiving, and that she will spend it with Sharon so she will not be alone.  Sharon sees right through that, and says Mariah is using Sharon to avoid Devon.  Sharon fills in Mariah about Crystal shooting Zack.  She says Scott and Abby had their hands full waiting for the police, and didn't think to go after her. Hah!   They talk about how Crystal was pushed to the edge which forced her to shoot Zack.  Sharon says Tessa is going to meet her at CL, and Mariah tries to hightail it out of there, but Sharon stops her.  Mariah tells Sharon about her convo with Tessa, and that Tessa told her she just wants to be friends.  Mariah says she doesn't know what she wants re Devon.  Sharon tells her that she needs to be honest with Devon.  Mariah agrees, and says she will talk to him tomorrow, which will actually be tomorrow.  Later Sharon tells Tessa about Crystal.  Scott arrives and he says that he and Abby owe Crystal their lives.  Scott says, after what happened TODAY(!), it is possible that Tessa will never see Crystal again.  Okay, it's the next day for everyone except Scott and Abby.  Sigh.
  • Ash arrives at the Abbott mansion, and finds Neil on the doorstep talking to Jack, who is faking being sick so that he doesn't have to invite Neil in.  Apparently Jack is worried that Dina might wander in and do something bizarre.  Ash then talks to Jack about Dina, explaining that she is not going to get better and they need to think about finding a facility for her.  He freaks out and says, no way in hell.  This whole convo was very realistic, it happened in my family too, with my oldest sister insisting that she could not bear to put my mom in a facility, and in fact she had her move in with her family instead.  So far, the family reactions of Ash and Jack are pretty bang on.  Ash says she is not talking about right now, but they have to be prepared.  Jack says he had a normal conversation with her yesterday.  Ash says her behaviour is erratic, look what she did to Drinki, and Jack says that was an aberration.  She says this will affect the entire family.  He lashes out at her, and tells her he will take care of Dina, she needn't worry about it.  Ash gets emotional and tells Jack she doesn't want to fight.  She says they don't need to resolve this now, but when the time comes, they have to deal with it.
  • After her lovely convo with Daddy Meanest, Abby goes to CL.  She bumps into Scott there.  He wants to talk what happened between them.  She is quite snarky with him, and says that having a chat at his girlfriend's place of business is not a great idea.  Then she tells him she had forgotten all about their encounter until he reminded her about it.  He says, so we agree, it was  no big deal.  She says it was not a big deal, it was a little deal, in fact, it was so tiny, she hardly knew it was happening.  Ouch. They bicker and Sharon walks in and tells them to stop it.  Sharon cannot believe they are still sniping at each other after everything they went through.  Abby says they just don't like each other.  She leaves.  Sharon and Scott talk about his claustrophobia.  He said all he could think of was her.  She talks about how worried she was about him. He asks what she was trying tell him on the phone when he had called from his car.  This part was hilarious because Sharon has an audio flashback to her saying: Scott, I love you.  It's like this little voice is squeaking out the words above her head.  Then she lies and tells him that she told him to be safe, and to come home to her.
  • Neil is at Newman informing Prick that people think that Newman is part of a sex trafficking ring.  Um, yeah, that is because it is true.  Prick says he knows all of that, how do they solve it.  Neil suggests doing another event, this time with the media.  Neil then says a national news outlet just reported that Zack was killed by one of the girls in his sex ring.  Social media chatter suggests that Prick used Crystal to off Zack.  Prick says that is absurd.  Actually, based on history, not so absurd.  He tells Neil to deal with this, put it away, shut it down.
  • Neil goes to see Paul.  He explains his PR woes with Newman.  He tells Paul that he needs to hold a press conference telling everyone that Newman is not involved in the sex ring.  He says Abby and Prick had nothing to do with it.  Wait, what?  Didn't Newman issue a press release implying that Abby was involved?  Neil says Zack is solely responsible.  Paul says there is no proof of that.  He says what they do know is that money was being funnelled through Newman, which makes it a key player in financing the operation.  Neil says no one in the company knew that except for Zack.  Paul says the Newmans are implicated.
  • Jack apologizes to Ash.  He says he realizes he has been lying to himself.  He says they have to tell the rest of the family, and they have to tell Dina. He says:  how do we tell our mother she has Alzheimer's?

Previews: Jordan is on camera, at the GCAC bar, and Hilary is there; he says to the camera:  Did you all know that Hilary Curtis isn't who she says she is? Abby, at Newman, to Scott:  Victoria needs to be stopped, and he replies, I'm in, and they shake on it.  Mariah to Devon, at the GCAC:  I'm not sure that I should be  your girlfriend.

And these previews are all in a new day, because everyone has changed clothing, and that happily includes Abby and Scott.

• Love 17

thank you bannana.

i wonder if abby is going to keep throwing out hints of her and scott's time together.

abby is vain, and if she can get something over on someone she views as a competitor (would that be the right word?) she will.

imo, she would enjoy outing her tryst with scott to sharon just because she can.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Paul tells Scott and everyone that he is no longer a suspect in Natalia's murder.  Mikey wonders whether they will try to solve Natalia's murder.  Paul is kind of pissy in this scene.  Sharon and Lauren both berate Paul for ever having arrested Scott.

Warning! Legal rant:

I'm almost ready to believe that Mikey is a lawyer. [Maybe he is having a District Attorney flashback.]  It seems that Scotty rates a Get Out Of Jail card because  a.) he saved (?!) Drabby, b.) now everybody knows that Zach was a bad guy, [of course every prostitution ring king is a murderer as well], or c.) CutGlass is capable of shooting a gun so maybe she murdered Natalia.  We don't need no stinkin facts to solve this crime.  Scotty couldn't possibly have done it even tho he was in a motel room with a murdered prostitute and has no idea how he got there or what happened and no alibi.  At all. Period.

Oh, and shut the fcuk up, Sharon and Lauren.  Paul was (finally, almost,) following legal procedure regarding a guy who was in a motel room with a murdered prostitute.  That's why we have courts and due process.  Have the badger and extensions removed, girls, your brains are being severely impacted.

He says he also blames his investigators, but she has to take some responsibility, and she says understands, and nothing like this will ever happen again. 

The withered old wasteofhumanflesh will never own up to anything and will ride the BlameWagon till the horses drop, so why does his attitude surprise me?  Oh, wait, it's not surprise at his attitude, it's that Conflabby is able to take the fall and, it sounds as if, stay with NE and work as a declared underling and whipping girl in perpetuity.

Neil goes to see Paul. etc....

I love how non-law enforcement assholes just go to Paul or the FBI or whomever and tell them what the "facts" of the case are and expect those facts to be accepted as true-despite any evidence to the contrary.

Neil says no one in the company knew that except for Zack

Ignorance is not an excuse.  So just blame it on your beloved daughter and wash your hands of it.

Thank you for your stellar recaps, Bannana.  They are a much better read than watching the show.  Have a nice rest from it and happy holidays!

• Love 9

I only had time to skim the show today, so just a weecap, but some fun and funny things happened:

• Jack threw Drinki out of the Abbott mansion!  This after she arrives loaded for bear and is going off on Ash and Jack about Dina, what a bitch she is, and how Mikey just used the hospital tests so the judge would go easy on her.  She threw Ash's paternity in her face to make the point that Dina is a stone cold bitch to have revealed that in public.  She tells Jack he sounds like Prick, and he says something like, that explains why Prick has a short fuse, Drinki wants to know what he means by that.  She says she is the victim here.  He is unhappy with the way she is talking about Dina and for raising the paternity thing with Abby.  Frustrated, Jack throws her out, un-invites her for Thanksgiving, and pretty much leaves it in limbo as to when he might defrost enough to see her again. 
  • Dina knows she has Alzheimers!  I actually wondered this way back when, from her convos with Graham.  Jack and Ash are talking about how to tell her she has Alzheimers, and she overhears and says she already knows all about that.  She has known for a year, when Graham took her to get tested.  However she doesn't remember the tests from two days ago, nor does she remember Dr. Berg.  She gets upset when Jack tries to help her remember and she goes to her room to eat dinner alone.  Ash and Jack are furious with Graham.  Jack says they are going to make Dina's quality of life the best it can be.  He says he wants to make this a Thanksgiving to remember, and chokes on the word remember.
  • Mariah breaks up with Devon.  About five minutes later he is practically in Hilary's lap. Just before that, Jordan tries to expose Hilary's evil past but she cuts the live feed.  Devon comes to her rescue.
  • Abby shows up at work and Victoria pretends to be happy that she is safe and hugs her. Five seconds later Vic calls Abby either naive or clueless, and says she hopes it is the former so that she can learn from her mistakes.  She demotes Abby and says a bunch of other nasty bitchy stuff.  Then Scott arrives for his meeting with Vic, and she tells him Hashtag is dead, and she won't publish the story on the sex ring because it is bad for the Newman brand.  Scott makes a plea for the importance of the story, but Vic wants to put the whole sorry mess behind them.  He wants to talk to Prick about it, but she says she is in charge.  Later he and Abby agree to work together to bring Vic down. 
  • Sharon is being lovey dovey with Scott but he is a bit distant.  Later at her house when she makes the moves on him HE SEES ABBY'S FACE.  That was actually pretty funny.
  • Abby comes back to Vic's office to tell her that Prick values loyalty and that is why he hired Abby.  She says Vic had to come crawling back, a failure.  She tells her she will fail again, it is only a matter of time.  Abby says she will see her at Thanksgiving and suggests she bring humble pie.

Previews:  Billy arrives at the Abbott mansion with a pie for Thanksgiving, and says Happy Turkey Day to whoever answers the door.  Abby says to Victoria at the Newman Ranch:  Excuse me, did you just call me a failed experiment?  Noah and Tessa are in the background.  Drinki shows up at the Newman Ranch, and Prick says:  what are you doing here?  and she replies that she came to spend part of Thanksgiving with her family, and she is not alone.

• Love 14

Thanks banana ! You’re a gem ?

FLOVED watching Jack toss Nikki out and how she was so clueless as to why. 

Marla is amazing. She’s capturing the nuances of dementia quite well. Traci is going to kill me with her reaction. The Abbotts are my favourite family and this is a much deserved s/l for the actors involved. ??

Thanks for the trivia Capricasix. He certainly wasn’t having any of HilAnne’s bs.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Fun fact: the guy who played Hilary’s cameraman is a popular (well, in the UK anyway) British comedian named Romesh Ranganathan. I recognized him from watching Very British Problems on Netflix.

I loved his accent. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, bannana said:

Frustrated, Jack throws her out, un-invites her for Thanksgiving, and pretty much leaves it in limbo as to when he might defrost enough to see her again. 

Mariah breaks up with Devon.  About five minutes later he is practically in Hilary's lap.

Wow, I guess the new regime didn't waste any time in breaking these couples up.  And I must say, I'm not disappointed, especially Jack & Nikki...they were ok on their 1st go-around, but I really hate them as a couple now.

Abby says she will see her at Thanksgiving and suggests she bring humble pie.

Hopefully someone sticks a huge turkey leg in Abby's mouth to keep her from blabbering for at least a couple minutes!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

Wow, I guess the new regime didn't waste any time in breaking these couples up.  And I must say, I'm not disappointed, especially Jack & Nikki...they were ok on their 1st go-around, but I really hate them as a couple now.

Except now she's going right back to Victor! And of all the things that SS did as writer, I liked best what she did with Nikki finally, truly and for sure, being done with Victor and all his evil-doing. Under SS the writing for the women wasn't perfect, but under Mal they're taking about 1000 steps back. Victoria is right back under Victor's thumb and being evil to Abby. Abby is now determined to take her down (I expect a mud-slinging, catfight is in their future). 

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Except now she's going right back to Victor!

To be honest, that's exactly what I want.  They're way too old to be going back & forth with breaking things off then getting back together, especially when we all know that Nikki will A) always pine for Victor and B) always get back with him at some point.  I wanted them to get together & stay together about 3 breakups ago, just get them together & keep them there.  There's no drama to be had when we know the eventual outcome.

• Love 5

To be honest, that's exactly what I want.  They're way too old to be going back & forth with breaking things off then getting back together, especially when we all know that Nikki will A) always pine for Victor and B) always get back with him at some point.  I wanted them to get together & stay together about 3 breakups ago, just get them together & keep them there.  There's no drama to be had when we know the eventual outcome.

I think if SS were still writing this then Nikki would never be going back to Victor. I liked how she had that break-up happen. Not huge amounts of crying and drama on Nikki's part, just cool, calm, "I'm done with you" behavior with Victor and then she moved out. She made no apologies for dating Jack - made no drama about it either. It was all so adult of her. And now she's right back where she started with Mal dropping her maturity levels by about 20 notches. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You're right. My mom quit the last time they got back together. She had been watching since the early eighties and she said "that's IT, I'm not going to watch them go through another round of break up/make up crap ever again."

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I think if SS were still writing this then Nikki would never be going back to Victor

Oh absolutely!  I think the pining for VICTUUUURRRRR would have stopped too, and if that were the case I'd be all for them staying apart.  And maybe they could have even gotten a new character as a love interest, but nope, won't happen now!

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You're right. My mom quit the last time they got back together. She had been watching since the early eighties and she said "that's IT, I'm not going to watch them go through another round of break up/make up crap ever again."

I hope she doesn't watch The Bold & the Beautiful, because that show may be even worse.  Your poor mom would get a concussion from banging her head against the wall out of annoyance!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Except now she's going right back to Victor! And of all the things that SS did as writer, I liked best what she did with Nikki finally, truly and for sure, being done with Victor and all his evil-doing. Under SS the writing for the women wasn't perfect, but under Mal they're taking about 1000 steps back. Victoria is right back under Victor's thumb and being evil to Abby. Abby is now determined to take her down (I expect a mud-slinging, catfight is in their future). 

I hope Nikki finds her way back to Jack,not Victor. Those two need to stay away from each other. Mariah did the right thing dropping Devon. It’s a dishonest relationship since she’s not totally into him. Speaking of, Scott had better come clean with Sharon and let the chips fall where they may. But dammit all why can’t Sharon ever be happy for long? 

The Abbott s/l is the best! 

Line of the day on today’s show goes to Dina , “I may be losing my marbles but I’m not stupid” ??

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought the same this summer. Sally played victor, Nikki, and Jack like they were all at least 25 years younger. It just doesn't work any longer. 

• Love 3

I thought Nikki and Jack and their relationship this summer was the most mature either have been written. No grand declarations, eyes wide open, choosing to enjoy each other’s comfortable company to get a quiet break from their drama-filled lives. Nikki didn’t care what Victor thought (or anyone thought). She was making no moves to divorce Victor or to name her relationship with Jack. Jack was clear to her and to himself that he knew she would likely go back to Victor. Whatever. They were in a good, light-hearted place.

It was always going to be short term. A respite, nothing more imo.

I thought it was nice and true to their history.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, miamama said:

I thought Nikki and Jack and their relationship this summer was the most mature either have been written. No grand declarations, eyes wide open, choosing to enjoy each other’s comfortable company to get a quiet break from their drama-filled lives. Nikki didn’t care what Victor thought (or anyone thought). She was making no moves to divorce Victor or to name her relationship with Jack. Jack was clear to her and to himself that he knew she would likely go back to Victor. Whatever. They were in a good, light-hearted place.

All of this.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, miamama said:

True to history, I agree with you there. But it's been done too many times and they are too mature for these musical chairs at this stage. 

I read that the show is casting a new mature female. I have faith that she will be Jack's new lady. He's past due for one. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

No, she only ever watched Y&R and then only after my grandma came to live with her and my dad. They even got my dad hooked because "Hey that's the guy from The Rat Patrol!" Sadly, she became one with the universe last February.

How is your Dad doing?  

• Love 4