Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, F. M. said:

But don't you want someone other than Victor or Nicki to loathe? I do, I choose Sharon, who btw is an awful actress imho, along with Ashley one expression, and Abby can't act.lol

I am going to have to take respectful but very forceful exception to this. SC, ED and now - IMO anyway - MO are all very good actresses. In fact, MO shone yesterday in her scenes with both PB and MA. She's being given more to do and I find her not only lovely but expressive and there wasn't a false note about anything in that scene between she and Marla Adams. I'm straight up bored with the writing for both SC and ED right now (though, frankly, ED within the storyline of her mother's return is being much better utilized that SC is, who is now apparently portraying Nancy Hughes in skinny pants instead of a housedress). Maybe some want Sharon's character to be boring, but I'm not one of them and I'd like to see her just a wee bit edgier. She's been through hell over the last ten years and her being written as falling back into Nikki Resentment Mode Syndrome from the time she was a twenty-year-old is a staggering bore.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Maybe some want Sharon's character to be boring, but I'm not one of them and I'd like to see her just a wee bit edgier. She's been through hell over the last ten years and her being written as falling back into Nikki Resentment Mode Syndrome from the time she was a twenty-year-old is a staggering bore.

TMS, i think the writers are just resetting her character....for the past 10 years or so, she's been written as chloe would say, a complete whack job with what they had her say and do..her actions were outrageous and frankly, IMO,  totally out of character..

so, for now, no more shock and awe..

a little caveat tho, i have been reading about how lauren went on the attack with sharon who remained calm.. i have always hated how the writers would have her say nothing when being attacked by the gc hypocrites instead of letting her give them back what they dish.  and with both barrels..

• Love 10
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

TMS, i think the writers are just resetting her character....for the past 10 years or so, she's been written as chloe would say, a complete whack job with what they had her say and do..her actions were outrageous and frankly, IMO,  totally out of character..

so, for now, no more shock and awe..

a little caveat tho, i have been reading about how lauren went on the attack with sharon who remained calm.. i have always hated how the writers would have her say nothing when being attacked by the gc hypocrites instead of letting her give them back what they dish.  and with both barrels..

The annoying thing about Lauren's attack on Sharon with regards to her multiple husbands, mental illness and stealing of Sully......she was pushing Phyllis on her son, who is way worse than Sharon.  Married 5 times that I can count off the top of my head (once to Danny, twice each to Jack and Nick); is a narcissist IMO; has lied, cheated with respect to both of her kids, committed attempted murder, slept with pretty much anyone including her husband's brother, the list goes on..and on...and on.... Ugh. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The annoying thing about Lauren's attack on Sharon with regards to her multiple husbands, mental illness and stealing of Sully......she was pushing Phyllis on her son, who is way worse than Sharon.  Married 5 times that I can count off the top of my head (once to Danny, twice each to Jack and Nick); is a narcissist IMO; has lied, cheated with respect to both of her kids, committed attempted murder, slept with pretty much anyone including her husband's brother, the list goes on..and on...and on.... Ugh. 

i think lauren should invest in some boxes of estroven for her mood swings, temper etc...

she is of the age and it would help with HER nuttiness and over the top reactions...

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i think lauren should invest in some boxes of estroven for her mood swings, temper etc...

she is of the age and it would help with HER nuttiness and over the top reactions...

Maybe she call Sharon for help with that. Seriously, you know that Suicide Hotline is going to come into play as will Not the King of the North's investigation of Abby's human trafficking woopsy, and music girl's younger sis in the sex trade/teen scene as Nuevo Sharon for the boyz..

• Love 1

Perhaps if Lauren worked more and put her boobage away, she'd have more insight into her son's life. For instance, mind your own business unless he asks for your advice. As the mother of a 46 year old man, I've learned that lesson. And by the way, Lauren, my son has never seen my breasts hanging out of my clothes. Just a bit of advice from a real mom.

• Love 4

So as penance for my endless snark I have to say I watched the whole episode today... I wasn't gripped the whole time but I found the dialogue for everybody was well written.  I also though (UO territory here) I liked Phyllis taking a well argued run at Nick and I thought Chelsea performed well in her scenes.... I find her quite natural most of the time... she's a good soap actress.  I also liked Mariah... she looked so pretty... and Noah's kinda beefed up.  I want him to have some sessy time to see more.  

On the snark side I had this stray moment in the Septic Tank where I thought they should have hot male actors making out in the background, just to see if anybody noticed (it's Pride Month... Y&R needs to gay up a little)... and to whoever penned the line 'Explain it to me like I'm Lily'.... that's all that's in my head whenever I watch that woman lately.... so thank you, evil friend, come sit by me. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

So as penance for my endless snark I have to say I watched the whole episode today... I wasn't gripped the whole time but I found the dialogue for everybody was well written.  I also though (UO territory here) I liked Phyllis taking a well argued run at Nick and I thought Chelsea performed well in her scenes.... I find her quite natural most of the time... she's a good soap actress.  I also liked Mariah... she looked so pretty... and Noah's kinda beefed up.  I want him to have some sessy time to see more.  

On the snark side I had this stray moment in the Septic Tank where I thought they should have hot male actors making out in the background, just to see if anybody noticed (it's Pride Month... Y&R needs to gay up a little)... and to whoever penned the line 'Explain it to me like I'm Lily'.... that's all that's in my head whenever I watch that woman lately.... so thank you, evil friend, come sit by me. 

The dialogue is overall much better, and agreed that the interchanges at the Weeping Tiles were pretty entertaining. And, look everyone, Tessa's sporting a new dress and a Katy Perry polka-dotty guitar! [Pop music r not me, but I do read Entertainment Weekly, so I know these things.] Score one for Phyllis over St Simian, too.

Cane's stupidity, which has never been in question, did rise to empirean heights, didn't it? "Stay away from Juliet!," says everyone. "But I hafta see her!," says MoronCane. But the cute soapy switchback from Juliet's phone call to the cold shower of Leslie's rage was pretty nice... Brief seque to even briefer moment of relief in Ashby suburbia, so we can all enjoy the dramatic irony. Then a question: why do I always want Lily to eat a big dish of mouldering crow?

And stinky Online Dating Guy with comic-book hair? And Yanni MySon giving him side-eye? And several mentions of IT stuff? We're headin' for a showdown, folks, I tell ya.

But then, you say, what about the, uh, climax of the ep? First, please allow me to slip briefly down to the UO Lounge. Day drinking is not really me, but a quick bracer might help here. Do you really expect me to wax misty over the Return of Sharon's Black Lingerie? Cheese souffle [not looking up the Mac keystroke for an accent aigu, sorry]? Writers, what gives with soufflés [so I found it] and sex with you folks? No Dream Whip Ambrosia? Is cheese that erotic? It gives most people bad breath, just saying. Apparently the ink on the decree absolute has dried because our domestic goddess is hot to trot. Ah, l'amour, l'amour,,,

• Love 7

Oh, Cane, you are so going down, crash and burn!  The only thing I don't like in this story is that Billy comes out a winner.  But the collateral damage of Lily, Lily's marriage, Jordan turning on Hilary, it's all good.

Cane will lose his marriage, his job, and probably his kids won't be too fond of him.  It's going to be a big fall, and I am enjoying it.

I was a little surprised that Hilary wouldn't testify for Juliet, especially since she overheard them talking about saki sex.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Was Graeme actually, um, acting today?  'Cause, like, he seemed less like software.

Perhaps that's an example of Mal ware?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Missed today's show. Would anyone care to give a quick recap?

A little late in the day but here goes (with the understanding that I skim watched today):

• Mariah goes against Hilary re the harassment story, confronts her about her involvement.  Hilary takes her off the story, but isn't as bitchy as she normally is.  Meanwhile Mariah alerts Lily that Hilary is going to take the story public.   Neil also told Lily that Hilary was involved, I think because she got her Leslie as her attorney.  Lily goes to confront Hilary, and the latter says some harsh things, and I truly was surprised that Lily didn't smack the smug off of Hil's face.  Which could have led to assault charges, so that both Ashby's would be in legal travails.   Later Juliet wants Hil to testify for her, and Hil says no, and Hasta la Vista, Baby.  I got you in this mess and you are on your own now.
  • Cane's world is imploding as now Vic, Billy and Mikey all know that he went to Juliet's room(!) to try to dissuade her from pursuing the lawsuit.  This is a downward spiral I am loving.  Also Vic confronted Cane about the secret about Juliet saving Cane's ass in that Tokyo deal.  Mikey says the only solution is that they all give depositions prior to the case going to trial, so they can know the evidence the other side has.  This means Cane has to lie under oath!  HAHAHA.   Mikey points out that Juliet has no skeezy past, and Billy points out that Cane does, and Cane once again throws it back on Billy.  Are these people adults?  Later, Jordan is not impressed with Hil's deviousness, and tells her so.  He then goes to Lily's house to apologize for Hil's actions(!?!?), but really to comfort her and get her in a hug, which Cane sees when he arrives home from a truly shitty day at work.
  • Jack and Dina had more convos about her, and why she didn't want to stay, but is now staying after all, and she keeps insisting that Graeme is taking care of her, and nothing nefarious here.  Meanwhile Ash is apologizing to Graeme again, over drinks at the GCAC, and it seemed an awful lot like they were chem testing them.  Graeme said he and Dina are not that kind of a couple, he doesn't need her money, etc.  Also alluded to a bad personal history a la Ash.  Also when Devon found out that Dina is staying, he was def not happy.  Dina said, no worries, she is just a Board member, but Devon should use Graeme's talents.  Graeme told Dina that she well knows that she is better off with him at the GCAC than at Abbott mansion.
  • Lauren, wearing her wighat and a jacket made of Cottonelle, is fretting about her almost 40 year old son not coming home the night before.  Mikey tries to reassure her not to worry about Sharon being a baby stealer and then, Holy Shit, a Sheila Carter reference!  Has Eric Forrester texted Lauren yet to tell her Sheila is alive and well and stalking him?  While Lauren is fretting about that horrible person Sharon corrupting poor innocent Scott, those two are back at it for another round of sexy times, in lieu of brekkie.  But then they end up having his frittata after all.  Yes, I said it.  I really do like these two together, and I don't know when I have seen Sharon this happy, and I would love it to continue, but I am sure there is going be a detour to Abby, and they will probably make Sharon take the crazy train again.
  • Love 13

Forgot Previews:

Ash to Graeme:  I think we have made enough wrong assumptions about each other.  What do you say about starting over?

Phyllis to Billy:  Vic's emotional well-being, that is not your problem.

Vic to Mikey:  I just wish I was a confident now, as I was going into this.

Cane to Lily, while glaring at Jordan, and hugging Lily:  You are lucky you have such a good friend.

Oh Cane, you are going down, and it will be spectacular.  And the fallout will be spectacular, but my one regret is that Butt Biscuit will rise above it all.

• Love 8
Just now, bannana said:

Oh Cane, you are going down, and it will be spectacular.  And the fallout will be spectacular, but my one regret is that Butt Biscuit will rise above it all.

He will, but remember, gas (aka ButtBiscuit) may be lighter than air, but it still stinks.

• Love 10
On 6/11/2017 at 6:36 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Whatever happened to Abby's ex-husband, the doctor? Has he just vanished because of no story line?

He didn't technically leave or have a ending. Just like Summer, he's around somewhere and not mentioned. He got a series on Netflix, a movie and because of that went to recurring like all the other Y&R actors that got other primetime shows.

58 minutes ago, F. M. said:

I see a Sharon/Abby/Scott story on the horizon. Anyone else? 

Yup, seems like they're setting up a triangle. 

I feel like this entire lawsuit is on Victoria for firing Juliette and not the person she should have fired, Billy. All because she wanted to keep him around.  Now she's whining about how all this is detrimental to Brash & Sassy. 

• Love 8

Bannana, thanks for the recap! I did laugh the other day when Reed, Charlie and Mattie met at the outdoor cafe. Not one of those kids could act their way out of a paper bag. Boy, they're really, really bad. 

• Love 9
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Bannana, thanks for the recap! I did laugh the other day when Reed, Charlie and Mattie met at the outdoor cafe. Not one of those kids could act their way out of a paper bag. Boy, they're really, really bad. 

Omg, I thought the very same thing. Reed looking shocked, looked more like constipation! Really bad acting.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 2

I feel like this entire lawsuit is on Victoria for firing Juliette and not the person she should have fired, Billy. All because she wanted to keep him around.  Now she's whining about how all this is detrimental to Brash & Sassy. 

This is exactly right and the ironic thing is that if Juliet were pursuing her lawsuit on this front, she'd actually have a case. She's not the person who was harassed and then fired, she's the person who suffered real job consequences because her boss wants to sleep with someone else. So Billy got to keep his job because Victoria wants him in her bed and Juliet paid the price instead. That could be an actual leg for her to stand on in a lawsuit. There are real sexual politics going on in this workplace and they did have a detrimental impact on her career. And they have nothing to do with her having sex (or not) with Cane in Tokyo.

• Love 14

I like Victoria's black dress with the white block, and Hilary's dress (note: is it the famous Dress that blew up the Internet a couple of years ago?). I also like Lily's shirt, particularly the colour (but I don't like the sleeves).

• Love 1

Pop Tart, you are spot on with your comment. Too bad the writers were too stupid to figure out that THIS was the real reason for a lawsuit. Of course, their goal was to inform Lily that Cane had slept with Juliet. There were a hundred other ways for that to happen other than this ridiculous lawsuit. You should be writing this show!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

This is exactly right and the ironic thing is that if Juliet were pursuing her lawsuit on this front, she'd actually have a case. She's not the person who was harassed and then fired, she's the person who suffered real job consequences because her boss wants to sleep with someone else. So Billy got to keep his job because Victoria wants him in her bed and Juliet paid the price instead. That could be an actual leg for her to stand on in a lawsuit. There are real sexual politics going on in this workplace and they did have a detrimental impact on her career. And they have nothing to do with her having sex (or not) with Cane in Tokyo.

They actually touched on the wrongful termination and while she was fired she didn't really have much of a case there either. Juliet did have just cause for being fired. She was the one in charge of the shoot and admitted that she messed up. She even expected to be fired until Cane convinced her that Billy was getting the ax instead. Juliet and Hilary talked many times about how she would have a hard time winning wrong termination due to the facts of said termination especially when they made sure to have her say how she was the one to get the go ahead from the hockey league and then she didn't. 

The sexual harassment angle  is ridiculous but it was useful to get all involved in some way. I have no doubt Hilary will likely be the surprising hero since we know she recorded her conversation with Juliet where she admitted everything. She already seems to be regretting her actions. I don't think Juliet is long for this show and in the end she will be the scapegoat and run out of town. She is being used to make Hilary and Cane look better because despite what they did she is the one lying about something horrible. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

They actually touched on the wrongful termination and while she was fired she didn't really have much of a case there either. Juliet did have just cause for being fired. She was the one in charge of the shoot and admitted that she messed up. She even expected to be fired until Cane convinced her that Billy was getting the ax instead. Juliet and Hilary talked many times about how she would have a hard time winning wrong termination due to the facts of said termination especially when they made sure to have her say how she was the one to get the go ahead from the hockey league and then she didn't. 

The sexual harassment angle  is ridiculous but it was useful to get all involved in some way. I have no doubt Hilary will likely be the surprising hero since we know she recorded her conversation with Juliet where she admitted everything. She already seems to be regretting her actions. I don't think Juliet is long for this show and in the end she will be the scapegoat and run out of town. She is being used to make Hilary and Cane look better because despite what they did she is the one lying about something horrible. 

The issue I have with her being fired is that she is the junior staffer, and new to the company.  Billy was in charge of the whole thing.  Cane was "assisting" Juliet by overseeing the BTS shoot.  He was accountable for that footage.  Either he or Billy should have signed off on the footage before it ever went to the League for their sign-off.  So one of those two should have been fired.  Furthermore, Billy was right there and encouraged Juliet to hurry up and get the League sign-off.  He heard her side of the conversation.  He never said, I want that sign-off in writing. 

So I think she had a case, especially if she brought in the fact that Billy was being protected by the CEO for non work reasons, which Vic had certainly let her know through convos outside of work, that she wanted to get Billy back.  That would actually have been a great storyline.

I agree that Juliet is making a terrible mistake in the charges she is making, but it makes me happy because it will screw up Lane's  life.  I hate that Billy ends up the winner though.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/12/2017 at 10:08 AM, F. M. said:

But don't you want someone other than Victor or Nicki to loathe? I do, I choose Sharon, who btw is an awful actress imho, along with Ashley one expression, and Abby can't act.lol

Well, if we get to choose, then I have to go with Lauren.  Her Carmine Affair was enough for me to put her permanently in the Bad Example of a Woman Hall of Fame:  Totally Self-unaware Category.  Her kid is probably in therapy for life due to the reallllly disgusting sex video that he, all of GC and lots of day players saw, she dresses outside of her actual age range with way too revealing boobage, and she's got a dead animal permanently attached to her head.  Add to these accomplishments the self-proclaimed expertise in international business, a rampant sense of self-entitlement when it comes to needing/getting money to finance her failing business and her seriouslyfckedup belief she is a good mom.  Won't even go into plasticsurgeryshaming. 

Edited by MollyB
duh...sepelling
  • Love 9
(edited)

Open on Phyllis, launching a scene so obvious and boring that what really caught my attention was how beat up her fridge was.  Was Traci trapped in that condo once or is somebody shopping scratch and dent?  Phyllis is wearing an odd, taupe polyester sarong of some sort.  Which I note because it sure didn't come from Giorgio of Beverly Hills.  At any rate, she and Billy are having a subtext conversation where Billy is worried about uber business woman Victoria and where Phyllis is saying all the right things but is actually grinding her teeth so hard there's a creaking sound gathering volume as the roots give way.  She's telling Billy, sure you've got to support Victoria but her emotional health is not your responsibility any longer (translation:  I'm worried your dick still thinks it's a boomerang.) 

Meantime Michael and Victoria (and Cane, but as ever he's barely worth mentioning except that he's acting canestipated again) are conversing about the litigation and Leslie's agreed to a rush to judgement process and basically don't worry about it... but Cane's worried.  That shitpile of lies he's under is getting bigger all the time and it's going to be a hot summer.  He bolts to break the news to his oddly close in age family. 

Au Jabot, Jack et That Girl are in one of those conversations where Jack talks really LOUD to show how much he CARES, MOTHER.  He wants her home.  He even says John barely changed the house just in case her roaming ended in Oz and she thought sepia was better after all.  Even Dina, who's done a modest job of sucking up to her abandoned and still sore about it progeny, is kind of like:  give me a break, Don Giovanni, I thought you guys hated me too much - because ya did! As is so often the case during important meetings, Jack has to leave for a meeting because momentum is nothing in winning an argument.  Enter Gloria, who has, with Dina, one of the funniest scenes in awhile - but DINA owns it.  She asks Gloria how long Jack's been sampling at Gloria's perfume counter.  No judgement, Dina just seems to be curious/amused.  She wants to know her son better.  (I hope she's not going to go all Stephanie and Ridge, because, really, she's not going to learn much of value IMO when probing her son's sex life with his father's last wife.  But then again, I'm not European and Dina is.  Perhaps things are different there.) 

At the GCAC, Ashley is playing charming lady detective with the somewhat fey Graeme, who might well be playing charming femme fatale.  Although if he was acting on Thursday, today I think he's given up again.  Among the backstory she pries from him:  his surname is Bloodworth.  (Is it foreshadowing?  Or is just a pull from the California Guide to Elegant Surnames for Writers Who Need to Get to the Beach?)  As the scene unfolds and pops up throughout the show I am seeing signs of attraction between the two (although most days I think Graeme would do better with Michael Baldwin, all things considered.)  But can it be true?  Is this the love of her life that Ashley is slated for?  Ravi was a benchwarmer for this?  

At Brash & Sassy Michael announces that a protective order is in place, so everything in the record will be sealed and off limits.  Victoria rehearses her testimony.  She's got her one word answers down. It's very exciting.

And in a similar vein, Phyllis and Billy continue in a similar vein, where Phyllis won't admit she's worried and to make herself feel better, sends Billy off to have dinner with his kids at Victoria's house.  I swear to God, if we get one more alcoholism storyline outta this... 

At Jabot, Jack has a moderate hissy when he finds out Dina got all the news she could stomach and tottered off to whatever interested her more... but Gloria has remained... re-delievering the last scene where she complained about the end of their pants off dance off.  Ridge is more worried about Mom.  Gloria thinks it's the 1940s... at least she's acting that way.  After some more dame or moll whining and grimacing she wanders back to her desk, UNsatisfied. 

Hillary and that hunky guy are at GC Buzz where he dumps her.  Or seems to.  Like Hillary, me somewhat confused.  So she texts Devon.  Or maybe she texted Devon earlier.  Anyway, Deon's going to come over.

At the GCAC Graeme's long story continues.  I can shorten it.  Says he's midwest born, went to Paris after college it, loved it, stayed, had beautiful parents with a beautiful marriage until it wasn't  And they're dead.  He encourages Ashley to make the most of her time with Dina (I still can't get a handle on whether this means he knows time is running out or not.)  Ashley is so moved - or possibly grateful he's stopped telling this long and exceedingly unexciting story - that she reaches out to TOUCH HIS HAND.  (Bye, Ravi?  And she didn't even Mrs. Robinson ya.)  And now it gets good.  Who's standing on the landing but Madame Mergeron, who shrugs or twitches.  Not quite sure, because, commercial... 

And after the break, that was not a shrug that was SULKY STINK EYE.  Dina's not happy.  But she waddles over and pretends to be happy.  Ashley heads back to Jabot.  Dina heads to the bar.  Plainly neither Ashley nor Graeme know what this lady can do with a nine iron when she's not having a good day. (I KNEW Sally with the Big Pen was making shit up as she goes but so far as I am concerned, this storyline is rapidly becoming one of the show's success stories... and it's got a 78 year old actress (with previously hidden talents) at the core of it!  It's not clear who is up to what, it's not clear how it ends, it integrates and spills over into other characters while not always involving all of them in every aspect... I super love it.) 

Victoria and Billy seem happy that their forenamed -ie sounding children, Johnny and Katie - are AWOL.  They chatter, largely so Victoria can assure him (and us) that "I am good at what I do."  (Margaret Thatcher would say being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't.  But Margaret Thatcher is not writing the Young and the Restless, for one reason in particular.) 

Devon and Hillary chatter, mostly about what a bitch Hillary is (even she thinks so.)  She tells him I thought you were trying to control me.  I realize now you were trying to protect me.  You were my balance.  You were my voice of reason.  You're my touchstone, Emma.  They hug.  Not sure why.  (Show, you can have enough of a good thing and too many triangles are actually a lot like real geometry, which many would FF through if they could.) 

At 1970s house, the hideously recast children lumber into the living room for a family meeting with the tortured Canestipation and Teen Mom Lily.  Harriet Potter thinks they're acting weird.  (Oh, honey, you're lucky these two are acting at all.)  They revisit the problem du jour, leaving out the good bits through either total ignorance or cravenly self-serving omission. Harriet Potter, having invoked the word disgusting at some point (though she hasn't convicted) leaves to do more homework (and get away from Canestipation.)  Teen Mom Lily runs after her, probably just to get away from another parenting scene at her young age. 

Back at oh-ho-ho central, Dina is grumpy - not Phyllisian insecure, I'll give you brain damage grumpy.  What did Ashley want?  Fishing, sez G, but fear not, I'm all yours, bebe.  Dina refuses to let him kiss her hand and goes upstairs alone.  Someone is the chien house. At Jabot, Jack and Ashley revisit the same scene, but Ashley's recall is different.  Maybe the hand grab was just a lure, she's not waxing poetic.  She's already asked Ravi to do an extensive internet search on Graeme - and worst news for Ravi, she asked off screen.  Jack says they don't have time to scour the far reaches of the internet (About 6,950,000 results in 0.66 seconds notwithstanding) and decides they have to get to the bottom of it all, drive a wedge between Graeme and Dina and, given her smarts and cunning - plus she's "gorgeous" - Ashley's just the girl to call.  Way to pimp out your own sister, Jackhole. 

Ignoring the tradition of the big finish and always leave them wanting more, the episode ends with Canestipation and Charlie.  It was hugs and shit. 

Scenes for next episode:  Jack to Gloria:  Help me out here (clothes were on.)  Everybody shows up for the depositions are what have you, presumably setting the scene for the sex bomb. Fun!) 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
typos, as ever
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Victoria and Billy seem happy that their forenamed -ie sounding children, Johnny and Katie - are AWOL.  They chatter, largely so Victoria can assure him (and us) that "I am good at what I do."  (Margaret Thatcher would say being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't.  But Margaret Thatcher is not writing the Young and the Restless, for one reason in particular.) 

She IS good at what she does! Clomping around the office in oversized "businesswoman" sacks looking BUSY and haggard, having "business" meetings, making eyes at Billy! That's what she does, right? 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

She just wants to borrow her copy of Tiger Beat.

You remember too!  Lief Garrett!  Robby Benson!  THE BAY CITY ROLLERS!!!!!

Calgon, take me away to Clariol Herbal Essence's garden of earthly delights.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

You remember too!  Lief Garrett!  Robby Benson!  THE BAY CITY ROLLERS!!!!!

Calgon, take me away to Clariol Herbal Essence's garden of earthly delights.

Mmmm, Bobby Sherman, Paul Revere and the Raiders?

BTW, BBB, another really enjoyable and witty recap--thanks!

• Love 5

A couple of tidbits:

• Mikey lectures the BS gang to keep their cool and stay on message.  So I expected that would mean either Cane or Lily would lose it on Juliet.  But no, it was the Boss Lady, Pricktoria, who loses her shit big-time.  She verbally attacks Juliet and seems to be demonstrating that she too can harass an employee.  It was totally inappropriate and demeaning, and Mikey tries to shut her up but she just keeps going.  Previews show that tomorrow Leslie shows them the hotel video of them going to Cane's room!
  • So it looks like Graeme Bloodworth is not Dina's son.  They have a connection of some sort, but not a sexual one.  She says she needs him.  He then calls Paris to advise someone to proceed with finalizing her will, with the terms that Dina agreed to before they left France.  Oh, and Glo tells Jack she would not seduce Graeme.
  • But the best thing of the ep was Drinki having some sort of emotional breakdown, when she keeps making mistakes playing the piano.  It could be her MS or just her nerves but it appears to a full blown panic attack with her writhing around the living room floor, sobbing "Help me"!
  • Love 10

But the best thing of the ep was Drinki having some sort of emotional breakdown, when she keeps making mistakes playing the piano.  It could be her MS or just her nerves but it appears to a full blown panic attack with her writhing around the living room floor, sobbing "Help me"!

Whoa.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, bannana said:
  • So it looks like Graeme Bloodworth is not Dina's son.  They have a connection of some sort, but not a sexual one.  She says she needs him.  He then calls Paris to advise someone to proceed with finalizing her will, with the terms that Dina agreed to before they left France.  Oh, and Glo tells Jack she would not seduce Graeme.
  •  

Hmmmm......well, if Pratt was writing this, Graeme would be the guy who talked her into buying a nice little cryogenic chamber that she can stay frozen in till a cure is found for what ails her and till then Graeme will hold on to her pocket change.  And he'd be the one harvesting her head.  

We're missing out on some GrrrrrrrrrEAT storytelling since he left.

So I'm puzzled......

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Tippi said:

I  hope that it won't be Super Turd to Nikki's rescue.

I hope it's Jack, but who ever it is they better keep their mouth shut. Drinki does not need Victor holding yet another "weakness" over her.

• Love 7
On 2017-06-19 at 9:48 AM, pearlite said:

Mmmm, Bobby Sherman, Paul Revere and the Raiders?

BTW, BBB, another really enjoyable and witty recap--thanks!

My BFF was crazy about Bobby Sherman! ? Could that really have been 50 years ago? ?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

My BFF was crazy about Bobby Sherman! ? Could that really have been 50 years ago? ?

From when he was on Here Come the Brides? I was hot for the oldest brother. Then again, I've always had a thing for older men.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The brown haired one with the majestic voice. Not Hutch. :)

No dissing Hutch, please.

As for today's show, I too enjoyed the mature thoughtful discussion between Nikki and Sharon. Why can't we have more females treating each other with respect in this show. I so prefer that behavior to the women being reduced to competing for male attention.

• Love 12

Lauren's hate of Sharon is ridiculous considering she wanted her son to date Phyllis. So she rather her son date the woman who ran over Christine and who just recently had an affair with her husband's brother? 

• Love 16

Okay, here's a wee cap:

• Pricktoria going nuclear on Juliet yesterday appears to be no big deal today.  But now Cane is being interviewed, and he is quite calm.  Although, I have to commend the actor, because he looks like he is going to puke during this entire time.  Leslie pins him down and asks him outright if he had sex with Juliet.  He squirms and pukes in his own mouth, and then she says, never mind, don't answer, watch this.  By this, she means that the hotel that Juliet and Cane stayed in had cameras that followed there every move.  This must be a great Tokyo invention.  So it is clear that Juliet went into the room with Cane, and left the next morning.  Previews show a furious Lily raging at Cane to tell her the truth.  Even for stupid Lily, it is obvi that they screwed.  Previews also show Billy encouraging Pricktoria to settle.  Billy is the hero.  Sigh.
  • Drinki recovered from her seizure/collapse whatever that was, and is determined to carry on in spite of the risk.  So we know what this means.  She will collapse on stage.  Awesome.
  • There was Abby/new guy/Sharon stuff, but I don't care enough about that to type it up.
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 6/19/2017 at 5:22 PM, bannana said:
  • But the best thing of the ep was Drinki having some sort of emotional breakdown, when she keeps making mistakes playing the piano.  It could be her MS or just her nerves but it appears to a full blown panic attack with her writhing around the living room floor, sobbing "Help me"!

An MS flareup can be triggered by stress. The way she was moving her hands during the conversation with Sharon pointed to it. An MS attack starts with the hands and can lead to temporary paralysis. I read a romance that had the heroine be a former Olympian who had MS and in the climax of the book she had an attack pretty like what we saw with Nikki.

Edited by marina to
nonsensical sentence structure
  • Love 11