Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I find Kyle so tiresome and annoying. So, because he's rich he doesn’t know how to fry an egg or read instructions to put together a bookshelf? Aw, poor helpless spoiled little rich boy. GMAFB

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

I find Kyle so tiresome and annoying. So, because he's rich he doesn’t know how to fry an egg or read instructions to put together a bookshelf? Aw, poor helpless spoiled little rich boy. GMAFB

Way back, Victoria could not open a box with packing tape on it.  Must be a side effect of affluency.

• LOL 15
(edited)
3 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Way back, Victoria could not open a box with packing tape on it.  Must be a side effect of affluency.

And Nick STILL can't manage a zipper or shoelaces.  

Without velcro, the Newman offspring would be lost.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Back in the 70s and maybe even the 80s, the "cool" thing to do was have boards stacked upon one another with bricks in between.  Kyle could have just done that.   Lola would have loved it because it would have been cheap.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

Back in the 70s and maybe even the 80s, the "cool" thing to do was have boards stacked upon one another with bricks in between.  Kyle could have just done that.   Lola would have loved it because it would have been cheap.

I remember those. Seemed like every guy I went out with had one of those cinder block/board bookshelves.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I remember those. Seemed like every guy I went out with had one of those cinder block/board bookshelves.

Yep, they were mainly cinder blocks, but I knew some guys who used bricks.  Maybe they were cheaper?  Anyway, I thought the bookshelves looked kinda cool when the books were placed on them.  

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yep, they were mainly cinder blocks, but I knew some guys who used bricks.  Maybe they were cheaper?  Anyway, I thought the bookshelves looked kinda cool when the books were placed on them.  

I think bricks would look nicer than the cinder blocks did.

• Love 4
On 5/24/2019 at 12:44 AM, jewel21 said:

Adam is annoying me. I liked him better when he had no memory. 

Mariah meets her stalker. Tessa shouldn't have just run him off, though. They should have called the cops on him. He was creepy. 

Mariah gets more and more stupid every day.. being near sharon has made her brain dead

• LOL 2
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, valleycliffe said:

lolol  uhh, i had one of those bricks and board bookcases...

i thought they were cool.  and cheap..we had 3 kids...

We still have one in our basement😳

• Love 6

Excuse me, I must have missed why the Abbotts are putting Dina in a nursing home (but I’m honestly hardly even paying attention to show)...are they not millionaires who could well afford 24-hour care so that she wouldn’t have to leave her home? And Jack thinks that having Tessa come and play for her will make Dina want to live there, WTAF? I really hope I missed something...

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Excuse me, I must have missed why the Abbotts are putting Dina in a nursing home (but I’m honestly hardly even paying attention to show)...are they not millionaires who could well afford 24-hour care so that she wouldn’t have to leave her home? And Jack thinks that having Tessa come and play for her will make Dina want to live there, WTAF? I really hope I missed something...

They've had 24 hour care for quite a while but apparently the home care nursing is just as incompetent as Victor's security detail because Dina's been getting out of the house on her own and then the other day she was completely out of it and got physically aggressive with Traci.  

So they feel a locked facility is the best way to keep her safe.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Having lost a mother to dementia made this a hard watch for me. It was well done and I balled like a baby, texted my sister and told her not to watch.

Even though you want to keep them safe, the guilt eats at you. The cast did a great job showing this. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

It's a sadly realistic detail. No matter how good the homecare, there's often a point where it isn't safe to keep someone with dementia in a home environment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Having lost a mother to dementia made this a hard watch for me. It was well done and I balled like a baby, texted my sister and told her not to watch.

Even though you want to keep them safe, the guilt eats at you. The cast did a great job showing this. 

I have two autistic kids, and while it’s not the same as dementia, some aspects of the story are similar to my worries for my boys. One of them will likely be able to live somewhat independently when he’s older, but the other one won’t. I can’t bear to think of what will happen when my husband and I can’t care for him any more (hopefully that won’t be for decades yet!) -  that’s why we’re planning ahead and establishing social networks for him now. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, jenrising said:

It's a sadly realistic detail. No matter how good the homecare, there's often a point where it isn't safe to keep someone with dementia in a home environment. 

That was the situation with my dad. Plus he was falling a lot, he refused to use a cane and there are a lot of stairs in his house.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, jenrising said:

That was true in our case, my mother was living with my sister, who also has a son with aspergers and many other special needs.  So in the end, she couldn't deal with the stress and we convinced her to have mom in a care facility.

However, in the Abbotts' case, if they have 24 hour nursing available and that should probably be better than what she would get in a facility.  They just obviously need better nurses.

I saw my mom get violent once in the facility and they didn't handle it any better than I did, in fact, I think I calmed her down more effectively.  

But, this is a soap.  And of course they will be able to provide her with the best care, unlike most families.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

That was true in our case, my mother was living with my sister, who also has a son with aspergers and many other special needs.  So in the end, she couldn't deal with the stress and we convinced her to have mom in a care facility.

However, in the Abbotts' case, if they have 24 hour nursing available and that should probably be better than what she would get in a facility.  They just obviously need better nurses.

I saw my mom get violent once in the facility and they didn't handle it any better than I did, in fact, I think I calmed her down more effectively.  

But, this is a soap.  And of course they will be able to provide her with the best care, unlike most families.

I know this is barely on topic but I disagree. Much like Dina, my cousin was a wanderer. In those cases, unless the family wants to turn their home into a prison, they will get out eventually. Better nurses are not the same as a locked ward in a facility. My cousin managed to get out of a room while her caregiver was tying her shoelace. 

• Love 8

To add to the Alzheimer’s topic, our mother had plenty of money for home care but her doctor finally told us (my sisters and I) that she was no longer safe to be cared for at home. She needed a qualified staff in a qualified facility which was safe and secured. I don’t think anyone who has never dealt with dementia, Alzheimer’s, autism or anything related to those diseases has any idea what this can do to a person or a family. It can destroy all of you if you let it. We all do the best we can under the circumstances when confronted with these decisions. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t think anyone who has never dealt with dementia, Alzheimer’s, autism or anything related to those diseases has any idea what this can do to a person or a family.

I agree with this.

2 hours ago, jenrising said:

my cousin was a wanderer. In those cases, unless the family wants to turn their home into a prison, they will get out eventually.

Our situation was the opposite in that mom was afraid to leave the house so we didn't have the concern about her wandering off.  Every situation is different.  I just know that if I had Abbott money, I would have found a home-based solution.  I don't think you are wrong I just view it differently.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Our situation was the opposite in that mom was afraid to leave the house so we didn't have the concern about her wandering off.  Every situation is different.  I just know that if I had Abbott money, I would have found a home-based solution.  I don't think you are wrong I just view it differently.

We had the same situation with my mom. Her Alzheimer's caused her to become agoraphobic. She didn't want to leave the house so we didn't have to worry about her wandering off. It was one of the main reasons we were able to keep her at home until the end. Also, Kaiser provided excellent home care support.

It sounds like Show is getting a little better now that Mal is gone and Josh has taken over. Still, I can't get myself to start watching again. Buttbiscuit is still sucking the air out of every room he enters and is being his usual douche self. Sounds like Nick and Cane are also on the douche train. Jazzhands is coming back. 😩 Maybe if Jack and Mama Celeste start a romance, I'll tune in for that. I liked ELR when she was on All My Children.

ETA: I just read the recap for today's show (thanks, valley!). I'm glad I didn't watch. Seeing Dina go to the Care Facility would have been very difficult. I cried just reading about it. 😢 But it sounds like Show is doing a good job with this storyline. 

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

Seeing Dina go to the Care Facility would have been very difficult. I cried just reading about it.

It was definitely heartbreaking and of course all of the actors are so good and did a fabulous job.

OTOH, we have this annoying Adam returns storyline that makes little to no sense.

Drinki is back to be completely bitchy with Sharon.  Which can be entertaining 😇

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bannana said:

So Neil inviting Cane to his reading of his will just to humiliate him...that was all kinds of wonderful! 🤣 

Except it meant far too much screen-time for DG.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I didn't think he was invited. He said he was going to support Lily.

I think I recall that Michael told Cane that he was mentioned in the will so he was invited.

• Love 6

It was pretty awesome. No one gave a rat's ass about him. And I love Neil shading him in death. It was also really sad how he just like lingered in the penthouse, waiting for Lily to approach him. Oh Cane, go home. Preferably to Australia. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, Desperately Random said:

We had the same situation with my mom. Her Alzheimer's caused her to become agoraphobic. She didn't want to leave the house so we didn't have to worry about her wandering off.

We had the same situation with my mother, with an added twist: she couldn't stand to have anyone else in her house aside from family because she was afraid of what they'd steal from her. That's not an entirely irrational thought, strange as it seems (and she had not become that totally irrational by that point). My husband's mother had a home caretaker for almost a decade. His sister had hired her after meeting with her, etc., but by the point it was time to institutionalize her, his mother had taken her on shopping trips in which she bought no telling how many personal items for the caretaker and her kids. We don't believe it was extreme, and the woman did everything for his mother, so perhaps it wasn't so bad, but the family is pretty affluent, which isn't the case for everyone else.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, crowsworks said:

HD_HolyWar3.jpg

Ya gotta admit, Adam is well cast. Maybe that's why prick loves him best?

Good lord! Was Braeden, nee Gudegast, ever this young? Who knew? And he's pretty too. Remind me why he needs a Bolton mustache somebody? What's to hide?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I really can’t figure out who shot Adam but why do you surmise that it was Esther?

I haven't been watching super closely but I think he knew who shot him and then wanted to get someone else to take the fall.  So I guessed either Chloe or Esther.  It could still be Chloe though.

Plus their interaction was as if they had a secret, a bit of a knowing look and Esther looked a bit guilty.

Or it could just have been she was startled to see him at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Adam has a sex dream with SHARON!  😲 Meanwhile Rey Rey and Sharon are having real life sexy times! 😱

Sharon Case gets to show off her smokin hot body TWICE!

And then my cable went out.  Not even joking about that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4