Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, bannana said:

Yeah, that was pretty disgusting. Ugh.

These two make me 🤮 So tired of her “fierceness “ which is just being a bitch and strength , see the former. It’s getting hard to tell the difference between Mia and Phyllis. Both are mean girls in grownup bodies. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

These two make me 🤮 So tired of her “fierceness “ which is just being a bitch and strength , see the former. It’s getting hard to tell the difference between Mia and Phyllis. Both are mean girls in grownup bodies. 

Well said.  Phyllis seems to think that being a complete asshole and stutterbarking orders through that clenched jaw of hers is the same as being strong.  It ain't.  

It's no accident that she only gets with moronic men like ButtBiscuit and Nick.  With any luck Cane is next.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Capricasix said:
9 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Why is it any of Jack’s damn business anyway? He’s really sticking his nose in where it doesn’t belong.

I agree.  Just because they're dating, it doesn't mean she wants to have children with a man old enough to be its grandfather.  She said she 'might' want to have children someday, not now.  This is probably just a fling she's having with Jack.  Of course, the needle might have nothing to do with hormones.  Could just be the story she's telling him.

Edited by Diane M
  • Love 7

Ok. Enough with this nonsense with Jack and Kerry. No one who watches this show has anything invested in this couple and truthfully, I find this insulting beyond belief to a legacy character like Jack. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, boes said:

Phyllis seems to think that being a complete asshole and stutterbarking orders through that clenched jaw of hers is the same as being strong.  It ain't.  

It seems that that's how TV defines a "strong woman".  Even though it was a sit-com, I still say the one of the best examples of a strong woman was Florida Evans from Good Times.  She kept that household running on limited resources, she got shit done, she had her faith, and she was firm without being a jackass about it.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Why is it any of Jack’s damn business anyway? He’s really sticking his nose in where it doesn’t belong.

I don't know; it's a tough one. If I were dating a guy, knowing I absolutely want to have babies one day, and falling for him and he absolutely did not ever want children in his life I would want to know that asap. 

So Jack has learned she wants to have children (not necessarily with him) but it's very important to her to have a baby and he does not, no way no how. That is a non-negotiable for him. He is allowed to have a position on that. He's not telling her what to do with her body or her eggs. He's just saying, listen I'm not budging on this so maybe you need to be with a guy who shares this desire with you.

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, bannana said:

Billy intentionally shot Adam just before they had the accident that made Adam sink and go missing for a pretty long time.

No, it didn't happen quite that way. Billy confronted Adam with a handgun and demanded they drive out to that roadside memorial for Delia. After they left that scene in Adam's vehicle, Adam tried to wrest the gun away from Billy and the weapon discharged, causing Adam to lose control of the vehicle, which ran off the road and down into a deep culvert. The vehicle continued to roll down the hill and came to rest (upside down I believe) near a river bed. After the accident, we saw Billy manage to climb out the back of the SUV and later, we saw Adam stretched out in the snow. They showed him beginning to move and it looked like one finger, I think it was the middle one IIRC,  partially missing the first joint of that finger from the gunshot.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

No, it didn't happen quite that way. Billy confronted Adam with a handgun and demanded they drive out to that roadside memorial for Delia. After they left that scene in Adam's vehicle, Adam tried to wrest the gun away from Billy and the weapon discharged, causing Adam to lose control of the vehicle, which ran off the road and down into a deep culvert. The vehicle continued to roll down the hill and came to rest (upside down I believe) near a river bed. After the accident, we saw Billy manage to climb out the back of the SUV and later, we saw Adam stretched out in the snow. They showed him beginning to move and it looked like one finger, I think it was the middle one IIRC,  partially missing the first joint of that finger from the gunshot.

Thanks, I remember it that way too, but to me, he had the gun on him, kidnapped and intended to shoot him, so his intent was there.  Adam just stupidly accelerated the shooting.  I guess Billy could have changed his mind but it didn't seem likely from everything we saw up to that point.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, miamama said:

I don't know; it's a tough one. If I were dating a guy, knowing I absolutely want to have babies one day, and falling for him and he absolutely did not ever want children in his life I would want to know that asap. 

So Jack has learned she wants to have children (not necessarily with him) but it's very important to her to have a baby and he does not, no way no how. That is a non-negotiable for him. He is allowed to have a position on that. He's not telling her what to do with her body or her eggs. He's just saying, listen I'm not budging on this so maybe you need to be with a guy who shares this desire with you.

Yeah, I don’t see how it wouldn’t be Jack’s business if they are in a relationship. That’s something both parties should be absolutely clear about.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Thanks, I remember it that way too, but to me, he had the gun on him, kidnapped and intended to shoot him, so his intent was there.  Adam just stupidly accelerated the shooting.  I guess Billy could have changed his mind but it didn't seem likely from everything we saw up to that point.

I don't believe Billy would have intentionally shot him by that point. He definitely confronted him with the loaded weapon and probably did believe he was going to shoot him at the time he picked it up and shanghaied Adam. It was never really clear what he was going to do. They had already had the confrontation at the roadside memorial and Billy just made Adam keep driving. I think Adam believed Billy would shoot him and he just saw a chance at one point to try to get it out of his control.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I don’t see how it wouldn’t be Jack’s business if they are in a relationship. That’s something both parties should be absolutely clear about.

I totally agree with this. And both people should be brutally honest about it - and the person they need to be the most brutally honest with is himself or herself. In my view In my twenties and into my thirties, I was ambivalent about it generally, but I absolutely didn't believe that the men I'd spent most of my time with then were the ones I wanted to have kids with. I just didn't see it with them. By the time I met my current husband and felt he would have made a good father, I was in perimenopause and he had two adolescent boys from his prior marriage - and he didn't want more children because the mother of those two sent the family into the poorhouse with her profligate and secretive spending and debts. So I never had kids, but I don't feel I really missed out. But both of us had this discussion pretty early on when we were dating. He had told me that his first wife and he had such a discussion and she had told him that she loved kids and loved to travel. After they married, it turned out that she didn't really want kids and she hated to travel.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, rcc said:

This Jack/Kerry storyline is stupid. I don't care about them as a couple either. Hopefully the new writing team gets rid of her.

I agree that this storyline is bs BUT I predict she’ll turn up pregnant. Another way of prolonging a dead storyline. (Pure speculation on my part, but anyone want to bet, lol)

• Love 1
Just now, valleycliffe said:

that movie terrified me and my daughter.. when she was younger she wouldn't go downstairs to the basement alone..

I think you have to be a little older to appreciate the hilarity of the incestuous brother and sister and their lovely home. ;-)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I think you have to be a little older to appreciate the hilarity of the incestuous brother and sister and their lovely home. ;-)

i'm as old as dirt but still afraid of the dark.....i don't sleep when i am alone at night if hubby has gone away for a couple of days to see his friend on texada..

i leave the lights on, make sure the dog is in the house..sometimes, i will just sleep (or try to anyway) on the couch.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i'm as old as dirt but still afraid of the dark.....i don't sleep when i am alone at night if hubby has gone away for a couple of days to see his friend on texada..

i leave the lights on, make sure the dog is in the house..sometimes, i will just sleep (or try to anyway) on the couch.

Aw, honey I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up a bad memory. There is only one movie I can't watch when I'm alone. The Changeling. I tried once but I had to take it off and watch some sit com or other to calm down.

• Love 3

Okay, that was funny, but she got discovered way too quickly.  For once, I agreed with Billy who insisted they call the police, whilst the Prick kept telling him to shut it and forbade him from calling the cops when his daughter is missing.

Previews suggest that before Prick goes on trial at the courthouse Drinki will try to confess.  I am sure it won't happen though.

The  scenes with Mia and Arturo and Mia and Phyllis were enough to make we wish we had more scenes at the Ranch while everyone ran around in circles looking for Katie.  I have tried to like the Rosales family but other than Lola, it is just not working for me, and she is getting on my nerves too.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

Don’t ever watch The Strangers, you’ll never sleep again! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

Me too! You're not alone here.

• Love 2

Adam liked the secret passages too

On 1/31/2019 at 1:13 AM, Thumper82003 said:

I agree that this storyline is bs BUT I predict she’ll turn up pregnant. Another way of prolonging a dead storyline. (Pure speculation on my part, but anyone want to bet, lol)

Maybe she'll die in Nates OR/Delivery room/office cubicle of Darkness. Jack could play Grampa-daddy.

Adam liked the secret passages too

Edited by crowsworks
extras again
  • Love 5

It might be JT, or it might be Victor's brother - remember how estranged he felt when he came to GC for that DNA test with Jack?  I know, it makes no sense on multiple levels but this is Mal's storyline and all I'm looking for is it to be over.

• Love 10
On 2/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, bannana said:

Hey, if it is JT who was surveilling the Newmans then why did he allow them to find Katie in the wall with his surveillance equipment?

Wasn't Adam big on surveillance? I thought he had cameras secretly set up at Chelsea's to watch the baby & Chelz back when he was presumed dead or recovering...? Hmmm....

• Love 6
On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 2:42 PM, valleycliffe said:

and why didn't turd know about the room behind the wall?  he had the house built just a couple of years ago...did the contractor go rogue and decide to put in a hidden room just for yucks?

mal's feb. sweeps make no sense.

And why are there so many hallways?  

• Love 6
On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 2:42 PM, valleycliffe said:

and why didn't turd know about the room behind the wall?  he had the house built just a couple of years ago...did the contractor go rogue and decide to put in a hidden room just for yucks?

All of us noticed that the rooms at the Raunch seemed smaller and there were more hallways.  Why didn't Victor or Nikki wonder where all their square footage had gone to?

• Love 8
23 hours ago, bannana said:

I was grateful that Neil was not in any scenes today.  

The show was quite the snooze actually but thankfully also no Mia scenes, from what I saw.

Agree it was a snooze.

With the death of K.St.J. What will they do for Neil?  He’s been “working from home close to Lilly” for a while. I expected they’d kill him off, but he is/was another vet whose was with the show since the ‘70s.

• Love 6

It was sad seeing Neil for the last time today. There was a mention of his passing at the end of the show with his picture and date of birth and death. I wonder what the tribute will consist of on Friday? 

• Love 7

Since today's CDN is KSJ's last episode, I thought a would do a recap.

Devon and Ana are hosting an event at the GCAC with people in the music biz.  The showcase of the event is going to be Fen performing his hit song and covering two other songs.  Ana sees that Devon is a bit nervous about the event, so she texts Fen to get their early.  Fen ignores Ana's text.  He is hanging out with Dummer at CL and he confesses to her that he is anxious so he wants to stay away and just arrive right before he performs.  Meanwhile, back at the Club, Neil unexpectedly shows up.  Ana is excited to see him, as is Devon.  Neil says he came to support his family and they all hug.  Neil later asks Devon how he is doing.  Devon good naturedly says that he knows that Neil is checking up on him and that he knows that WhyIsNate is providing updates to Neil while he is away.  Devon says that he is doing better and he is taking his meds and he is in therapy.  Neil tells Devon that he is proud of him and his accomplishments.  This scene takes on new meaning with the sudden death of KSJ and the news that he recently had difficulties with his mental health.  KSJ also physically doesn't look as well as he has been looking, something is off.  I noticed it especially in this scene.  Neil also asks Ana about how Devon is doing and she says he is doing better.  Devon then welcomes everyone to the event and tells them that his new artist will be performing later.  Ana texts Fen that he better be on his way, but Fen ignores her and tells Dummer he still has time. Fen!  Stupid boy.

So the reason Fen and Dummer are hanging at CL is because Tessa and Mariah show up with Lola and Kyle.  They are on a double date and are going to a movie in an hour.  Kyle is uncomfortable but Lola insists that they stay for a hot chocolate, and Dummer is excited for the foursome to join them.  When Fen suggests they leave, she says no, she is having fun.  Dummer starts blathering about the ad campaign and Kyle clearly hasn't told Lola about it.  He tries to change the subject, saying it is no big deal, but Dummer won't drop it.  And Lola says she wants to know more about it.  Dummer goes on and on about how hot the guys are, and then takes Fen's phone to show Lola the photos.  All kinds of sexual innuendo, and everyone is very uncomfortable with the topic.  Kyle says they are done with talking about that and then the sixsome goes silent, because they have nothing to talk about.  Mariah changes the subject to the restaurant opening, but Lola is very distracted.  She begs off of going to the movie saying she is too tired, and would just sleep through the movie.  She encourages the three of them to go ahead without her.  Kyle takes her aside and asks if there is some other reason she is begging off.  She admits that she felt out of the loop, with Dummer knowing all about the photo shoot but she did not.  Lola is getting angry and tells Kyle that Dummer is practically stalking him.  He gets defensive saying it isn't like that.  They argue about Dummer, loudly and the other four can clearly hear them.  Lola says that Kyle is not over Dummer, that he cannot even look at her in Lola's presence.  He insists he is over her, and then Lola sarcastically says it would be a lot better if they were having sex!  Whoops, Lola, time and place.  Then they continue to talk about how he would like to have sex, and it is creating a distance between them and he has no idea when or if she will be ready.  Oh, this is so awkward.  He tells her that she doesn't trust him and that is the problem.  She is crying and says she thought she was past her doubts, until....then she looks over at Dummer, realizes that they have just shared all of their most private issues for everyone to hear and she says, oh my god, and runs out of the restaurant.

In other storylines, Sharon is at work and she is filling in for the person who goes through all the tips that come into the police from the tip line.  Mariah shows up and Sharon is giggling at some of the crazy tips.  Mariah asks her to cover and provide a good reference for Tessa, and Sharon agrees.  After Mariah leaves, Sharon sees a tip that says:  Proof that Victor Newman killed JT Hellstrom.  She is alarmed and listens to it on her headset.  Prick and Nick are talking about getting rid of the murder weapon, and Prick says that JT had to die after what he did to them.  Sharon is gobsmacked and of course Rey Rey arrives and he asks her what is up.  She covers and then asks if she should just delete tips that are dead-ends and he says not unless she wants to get fired. They log all tips that come in so they will know if one is deleted.  With that, she makes some excuse and leaves to go to Nick to tell him all about the tip and what it says.  Nick realizes that the intruder doctored the audio to take out any mention of Drinki being the killer.  He asks Sharon to delete it and she says she cannot and they would find out anyways.  He says he understands, and he is remarkably calm considering this very damning piece of evidence is now in a police computer.  

At the Club, Devon is pissed that Fen has not shown up.  Ana tries to calm him down, saying Fen will be there.  Devon calls Fen and leaves him a voicemail telling him it is his boss and that he better get to the Club now.  Neil is in this scene but has no dialogue.

Back at CL, Fen ignores his phone vibrating cause he is revelling in the shame of Kyle not getting any from Lola.  Fen asks if they are doing other stuff, if not actual sex, and the girls all tell him to shut it.  Kyle says, don't you have somewhere to be? and Fen realizes he is late and tells Dummer they have to go.  She says she is staying.  He rushes out.  She tells Kyle she is sorry.

Sharon returns to the police station and Rey Rey tells her he has been combing through his files and cannot find anymore evidence against Prick.  He tells her he will be the fall guy if the case fails.  They repeat the convo they always have about whether Prick is guilty.  He tells her he has been in her shoes, wanting to look the other way. But he says you have to have integrity.  They get back to work.  Tell me Rey Rey didn't look at those tips that Sharon was reviewing while she was out.  Because if he didn't, he is an idiot.

Back at the Club, Devon is about to announce that the singer didn't show up.  Ana talks to Neil and says this is terrible.  Neil has an idea to fix the situation.  He says that Devon never specified who was singing tonight.  He tells Ana that Devon told him she still has a beautiful voice and that her singing the other day brought tears to Devon's eyes.  She says her performing days are over.  He asks her to make an exception.  Neil tells her Devon is in a state, he is teetering on the edge.  Neil tells her, it is now or never.  As Devon begins to speak Ana steps up and she performs the song.

At CL, Mariah is talking about people who are celibate their whole lives.  Kyle tells them to go to the movie.  Mariah says it is fine, and mentions the villain in the movie is so OTT evil that she strains credibility, looking at Dummer.  Messa leave to go to the movie.  Kyle goes to leave and Dummer insists that he talk to her.  She gives Kyle advice, saying that Lola is not meeting his needs.  

Neil and Devon watch Ana's performance and Neil tells Devon that she did it for him, because that is what family does.  In the background, Fen has arrived and he looks at Ana performing.  I guess his is expression is anger, but really, it should be shame for being such a loser.

Sharon tells Rey Rey that there is something he needs to see and brings him her computer and he listens to the audio file.  He thanks her and tells her she did the right thing.  Why do I think he already listened to it.  He tells her if the recording is legit, it could be the final piece of the puzzle and just what he needs to convict Prick.  And Sharon looks conflicted.

At the end there is an:  In Loving Memory of our Dear Friend, 1966 -2019, Kristoff St. John with a pic of KSJ smiling.  No music.

• Love 20

Finally they put a memorial pic for K.St.J

K.St.J/Neil attending Devon's party. It looks weird to see him as Neil there talking to Devon and being being so protective for him.

Neil: That's what family does...

That makes me want to cry.

Fen is an idiot. If he won't take this opportunity seriously, then don't show up. He got what he deserved.

Sharon is an idiot. She just told Nick about the recording knowing it was doctored but she still gave it to Ray.

Edited by redfish
  • Love 14

@bannana I agree that KSJ looked rough in his final episode. There was a weariness and a puffiness to him. It just made me sad. Although I am happy his last scenes were with Brighton and in a party setting. Too bad Lily couldn't be there as well. 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

@bannana I agree that KSJ looked rough in his final episode. There was a weariness and a puffiness to him. It just made me sad. Although I am happy his last scenes were with Brighton and in a party setting. Too bad Lily couldn't be there as well. 

Yes, that is exactly it.  His face was puffy and his eyes were not bright.  He did not look well.

• Love 11

The NY Times had KSJ’s obituary today. They said cause of death “not determined at this time” but mentioned his depression over the suicide of his son in 2014 in a psych hospital. He and his ex sued the hospital and reached a settlement in2017 iirc.

I admit I read this sight more than watching the show nowadays. But I’m saddened about Neil/KSJ. Was it planned that this would be his last day, aka he quit or was fired?

If so, they’ve been kicking a lot of classic veterans to the curb, replaced by the Reys. I’m just not impressed with Dummer or the Rey’s. Lola would be fine if the others returned to Miami. But this storyline with Dummer as a viper is old.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Thumper82003 said:

The NY Times had KSJ’s obituary today. They said cause of death “not determined at this time” but mentioned his depression over the suicide of his son in 2014 in a psych hospital. He and his ex sued the hospital and reached a settlement in2017 iirc.

I admit I read this sight more than watching the show nowadays. But I’m saddened about Neil/KSJ. Was it planned that this would be his last day, aka he quit or was fired?

If so, they’ve been kicking a lot of classic veterans to the curb, replaced by the Reys. I’m just not impressed with Dummer or the Rey’s. Lola would be fine if the others returned to Miami. But this storyline with Dummer as a viper is old.

Someone tweeted disgust that KSJ didn’t have any scenes after today’s episode (in other words his last film date was more than a month ago) and EB replied Mal was determined to diminish all the vets or established characters as he called them. He also flat out said in a Daily Beast interview yesterday that Mal heavily cutting back KSJ’s schedule no doubt contributed to his emotional difficulties.

I have no doubt Mal was quickly phasing out the vets. PB was the only one with any story and Mal basically put him out to pasture. In a matter of time he’d have broken up with Kerry (who would move on to Nate or someone young) and drift away like Paul, Neil and Victor. As it is Jack has no ties to Jabot thanks to Mal. His ONLY story is dating a newbie less than half his age.

• Love 15

EB tweeted a response today about Mal sidelining the established cast, and I just assumed from that it was related to a tweet about it being KSJ's last day on air. I haven't seen anything that officially indicated it was his last day with the show, but if it was it had to be adding to the emotional and psychological pain he was already enduring.

I feel (and that's all it is because I have no hard info to prove it) that MY was fired for the treatment of the vets and public stroking of his pets, which EB among others was being very vocal about on Twitter in the weeks before MY was dumped. You couple that with the downward trajectory of the ratings during key sweeps periods (the only one that would have been a recent gauge would have been November's), along with public grousing by viewers is what did him in. I think somebody just stepped in and put their foot down.

• Love 13