Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I kind of agree that Phyllis is a lost cause.   I think the actress is talented and very striking, but at this point the character has been written every which way they can.  She's just a train wreck now.   If they proceed with this serial killer storyline... Phyllis?  It would be high profile and Phyllis is kinda without a partner right now (I don't see the Nick thing as anything other than a plot layover, so to speak.)  They can't only kill nobody characters.  

But I disagree Phyllis and Jack couldn't be written back together.  First, Jack can find a soul mate several times a day if he's not preoccupied with Victor, Lucy and the football.  Second, unfinished business and fury could linger that could be, in the right hands, turned into a long road back together.  (Though I think this is more Mal writing than JG writing.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

But I disagree Phyllis and Jack couldn't be written back together.  First, Jack can find a soul mate several times a day if he's not preoccupied with Victor, Lucy and the football.  Second, unfinished business and fury could linger that could be, in the right hands, turned into a long road back together.  (Though I think this is more Mal writing than JG writing.)

Oh I think Phack can be done and with JG it wouldn't surprise me. I just don't WANT it done. Even "I LOVE PHILLY" GT has expressed she wished they would have explored the break down of the Phack marriage more. I agree that they have a lot of unfinished business because their story was supplanted by The Philly Love Story basically overnight. But if they do it and they reconnect it'll only last until some hot young guy shows up and Phyllis strays. I'm just done with her character. Bring on someone new for Jack. I'm all for Kassie De Paiva or someone like her. Strong OG soap actress who is OVER 50.

15 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The Villy scenes were really good, too

Yeah I just watched and I agree. I thought JT was, wait for it guys, really really good in the scenes.

I feel like Billy might have already learned about the abuse back when Victor talked about it on GC Buzz. And he was sort of "oh well that's too bad glad he's out of Victoria's and my kids' lives let's fuck Phyllis." In fact I think they watched it together. And he didn't even get a follow up scene with Victoria. NOTHING. So him having no clue is a rewrite but THIS IS HOW BILLY WOULD HAVE REACTED. It rocked him to his core. 

I was actually moved by those scenes between JT and AH. In fact that was the best JT has been imo since he's come on. He not only acted well he acted AS Billy Abbott. So it was a combo of acting/writing. A good, sensitive, decent man who is both devastated that someone he loves is hurt but also raging angry that she is (he actually conveyed layers of emotion). And I think a big part of this is he played the CHARACTER of Billy. I know this guy's history and especially his history with Victoria AND JT (goodness they were teenagers together onscreen). AH has been stellar with anything related to the domestic abuse (not the crap that followed with burying JT because it took her out of the emotional power of the story). And she hit every beat. They seemed like two people who shared a long love story and children and a life. It was a very real scene. Good soap I thought. And loads of chemistry.

No sign of the sociopath getting blow jobs from his brother's wife knowing full well his brother was tortured and beaten and raped five minutes ago.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Nick was doing well until he failed to ask Nikki how she & Victoria were strong enough to haul JT's dead-weight body to Chancellor Park and bury it.

But then he made up with PhyllAss which greatly disturbed me. 🤬

• Love 9
On 1/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, deirdra said:

Nick was doing well until he failed to ask Nikki how she & Victoria were strong enough to haul JT's dead-weight body to Chancellor Park and bury it.

I missed it. How DID a woman with MS and her 80 pound daughter heft a man's DB over the river and through the wood to Grand Old Kay's park we go? Dolly? WD40? sKill Saw?

But I know whatever it was Nick was stupid enough to buy it..

• Love 16

I read that, too.  Why couldn't she be a Type 1 diabetic?  That woukld lead to plausible, relatable storylines (working late, missing meals, going hypoglycemic and messing up a formula). But noooo.  B&B did the same SL, poorly, several years ago.  Why do we need a rehash?  Le sigh...

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Diane M said:

Maybe she's just an ordinary drug addict.

Or she’s terminally ill. 

Many possibilities. I can’t see how a show shy to have a simple same-sex pairing will put a long term favourite in a relationship with a transgendered character. I just don’t think they would do it. Ratings are too low for risky storytelling.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Diane M said:

If she is transgendered, she obviously has had her penis removed. 

Was that in response to my comment? If so I will phrase more carefully: If show won’t do something as straightforward imo as a young same sex couple they will not pair Jack Abbott with a woman who used to be a man. He is a character likely very popular with older (and presumably conservative) viewers. I wasn’t commenting on genitalia. I would think Jack would have noticed if Kerry had a penis by now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Diane M said:

And now stupid Victoria is going to ruin it all by having an affair with Cane.  What's Billy going to do when he finds out about that?

Who cares? It's a choice between a smelly shit sandwich and a moldy pile of festering dough.

• Love 15

I care because I like the 'new' Billy and was hoping he and Victoria could finally have a lasting relationship.  Time for a man the kids actually love to be the man of the house.  Cane?  Just no!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Diane M said:

I care because I like the 'new' Billy and was hoping he and Victoria could finally have a lasting relationship.  Time for a man the kids actually love to be the man of the house.  Cane?  Just no!

I mean, I guess we will see. We know for sure if Mal was in charge, this would all result in Billy hopping on Phyllis. So it depends how much JG was in control during this time. 

• Love 2

Today's timeline had me very confused.  I thought it was evening, because Kyke and Lola were on a date, and when she left it was dark outside. Yet Cane  was whining to Devon how he had to borrow the jet to go see Lily because it was important he get there before visiting hours were over. Are there visiting hours in prison in the evening? Did I get this all straight?

• Love 11
19 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I mean, I guess we will see. We know for sure if Mal was in charge, this would all result in Billy hopping on Phyllis. So it depends how much JG was in control during this time. 

Yeah as long as Mal is in the building (as it were) I won’t trust the writing.

And he for sure has mapped out the storylines we are seeing (JG may have tweaked but no more), so Philly will be alive in some form. I picture it as one of those gruesome creatures in sci-fi movies that JUST WON’T DIE. It keeps writhing around and at times goes on the attack.

I prefer Villy only because it keeps characters (esp Billy) true to who they are.  

And it ensures the hideous Philly beast dies.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, bc1795 said:

Sleep with Reid? 

What I find amusing and I must admit somewhat entertaining about this story is I loathe both Billy and Cane and so watching them go nuclear on each other will be really satisfying. I mean Cane is absolutely going to find out about the Billy-Summer hook up now and he'll out it in the most public way possible I would hope. 

That they are doing this over a few kisses is funny too. Victoria is NOT with Billy and has made that clear to him. Nor is she actually having an affair with Cane.

So the storyline really only further taints these loathsome idiots Billy and Cane. And that works for me. Best use of either I've seen in years.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, miamama said:

What I find amusing and I must admit somewhat entertaining about this story is I loathe both Billy and Cane and so watching them go nuclear on each other will be really satisfying. I mean Cane is absolutely going to find out about the Billy-Summer hook up now and he'll out it in the most public way possible I would hope. 

That they are doing this over a few kisses is funny too. Victoria is NOT with Billy and has made that clear to him. Nor is she actually having an affair with Cane.

So the storyline really only further taints these loathsome idiots Billy and Cane. And that works for me. Best use of either I've seen in years.

Exactly, Miamama!

So Show wants to decide whether to root for crotch rot or head lice - Ohtheromance!

I vote for a giant can of Raid.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, miamama said:

Philly will be alive in some form. I picture it as one of those gruesome creatures in sci-fi movies that JUST WON’T DIE. It keeps writhing around and at times goes on the attack.

Yup. Romance a la H P Lovecraft.

3 hours ago, bc1795 said:

Sleep with Reid? 

Or Charlie?

• Love 6

I thought I was going to hate Billy telling Lily, but they managed to do it in a way that made him not the complete asshole he usually is.

But yes, I cannot wait till Cane outs his Summer boink.

Oh, and Mia?  Quit pretending to be vulnerable and hurt, and then turn on a dime and be a complete bitch.  No, not a bitch, a pathetic instigator.  Both Rey Rey and Arturo are somehow smitten.  They have both seen her deceptive and wily ways, but they still fall for it.   

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I thought I was going to hate Billy telling Lily, but they managed to do it in a way that made him not the complete asshole he usually is.

But yes, I cannot wait till Cane outs his Summer boink.

Oh, and Mia?  Quit pretending to be vulnerable and hurt, and then turn on a dime and be a complete bitch.  No, not a bitch, a pathetic instigator.  Both Rey Rey and Arturo are somehow smitten.  They have both seen her deceptive and wily ways, but they still fall for it.   

Cane Knows?!? Missed that. Will Prick throw something in Billy's eyes so Nick can punch him. (He only does blindsides) Love it if Nick, Prick AND Jack take turns punching him. 

Maybe Rey and Arturo like the soccer balls in tube socks look. Maybe Prick will make Mia the next Mrs. Newman.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Cane Knows?!? Missed that. Will Prick throw something in Billy's eyes so Nick can punch him. (He only does blindsides) Love it if Nick, Prick AND Jack take turns punching him. 

Maybe Rey and Arturo like the soccer balls in tube socks look. Maybe Prick will make Mia the next Mrs. Newman.

Oh no, my bad.  That is speculation on my part.

• Love 2