Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

As much as I kind of enjoyed the Phyllis/Summer cat fight - to me it was kind of a let down.  I was hoping that the culmination of the season's boring hijinks would be for Phyllis to find Summer and Billy in bed.  I thought that was going to be the big thing.  But just the two of them shrieking at one another with no Billy on the premises? Wasn't that what the whole thing was supposed to be about?  But I did especially love when Summer called her mother "old".....that was maybe the best line in weeks and weeks.  

Since I haven't been a regular viewer in a long time...I have noticed a couple of things the last day or two.  They have maybe been trying to make Victoria kind of sexy...the actor who plays Nate (or is it Nat) is not a very good actor...one of the new actors is gorgeous (the one who has the pictures of the murdering housewives on the wall)...and the one who is playing - is it is brother? - and was with Abby today  - has maybe even bigger nostrils than Billy.  I suppose that is an unpopular opinion.  But geez, the big nostrils and a kind of bad actor to boot.  Nat/Nate is a better actor.  Maybe his acting suffers because his character is so poorly written.

And what is Nicki trying to do with Victoria?  Is she worried old Vic will crack about JT?  By the way, is Melody T-S ill?  Or is it the hair/makeup/costume department that is falling down on the job?  Why can't this soap do some credit to the actresses over 50?  Not counting Phyllis who is perpetually young.  Maybe there is a Dorian Gray portrait somewhere.  Not THAT is a storyline I would watch.

Sorry...crabby today.  

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Kemper said:

As much as I kind of enjoyed the Phyllis/Summer cat fight - to me it was kind of a let down.  I was hoping that the culmination of the season's boring hijinks would be for Phyllis to find Summer and Billy in bed.  I thought that was going to be the big thing.  But just the two of them shrieking at one another with no Billy on the premises? Wasn't that what the whole thing was supposed to be about?  But I did especially love when Summer called her mother "old".....that was maybe the best line in weeks and weeks.  

Since I haven't been a regular viewer in a long time...I have noticed a couple of things the last day or two.  They have maybe been trying to make Victoria kind of sexy...the actor who plays Nate (or is it Nat) is not a very good actor...one of the new actors is gorgeous (the one who has the pictures of the murdering housewives on the wall)...and the one who is playing - is it is brother? - and was with Abby today  - has maybe even bigger nostrils than Billy.  I suppose that is an unpopular opinion.  But geez, the big nostrils and a kind of bad actor to boot.  Nat/Nate is a better actor.  Maybe his acting suffers because his character is so poorly written.

And what is Nicki trying to do with Victoria?  Is she worried old Vic will crack about JT?  By the way, is Melody T-S ill?  Or is it the hair/makeup/costume department that is falling down on the job?  Why can't this soap do some credit to the actresses over 50?  Not counting Phyllis who is perpetually young.  Maybe there is a Dorian Gray portrait somewhere.  Not THAT is a storyline I would watch.

Sorry...crabby today.  

Me too, I expected Phyllis to clandestinely show up in Philly and follow Dummer around and then pounce when she thought they were doing it, even if they weren't.  Either way, it would have been entertaining.

• Love 9

Hard to believe we got the least entertaining option for how the Silly vs Philly drama played out. Said no one ever.

Phyllis is moving into the home she once shared with Jack so she can hump his younger brother all over it. Classy. Doesn’t Victor have a spare hernia she can nestle in? He can carry Phyllis around in the pouch like a mortuary marsupial. 

Victoria won’t know what to do with a man who looks good shirtless. Fortunately Nate is too busy reading from his copy of Chicken Soup for the Pole (Up Your Ass) to engage in serious sexay times.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

apparently, while dummer is on jaboat with no internet/cell service, buttbiscuit and the pit viper move out of dummers condo and into the abbott mansion...

is jack back at the mansion?  sheesh, philly are so tawdry...

How long is Dummer on Jaboat?  If Billy is in Philly at the trade show, he clearly doesn't show up for their supposed rendezvous. Does Phyllis just set her daughter adrift and keep her hostage on Lake Geneva?  WTF.

And why on earth would they move into the Abbott manse?  Are they going to do it on the dining room table and the sofa in the living room?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Hard to believe we got the least entertaining option for how the Silly vs Philly drama played out. Said no one ever.

Phyllis is moving into the home she once shared with Jack so she can hump his younger brother all over it. Classy. Doesn’t Victor have a spare hernia she can nestle in? He can carry Phyllis around in the pouch like a mortuary marsupial. 

Victoria won’t know what to do with a man who looks good shirtless. Fortunately Nate is too busy reading from his copy of Chicken Soup for the Pole (Up Your Ass) to engage in serious sexay times.

This has been the best belly laugh I have had all day; other than listening to the "Pecker" discussion on all the networks.  I am glad it wasn't just me who thought that...as good as the fight was today...it was anti-climactic.  

I am now going to watch House Hunters and get crabby again...young hipster couples wanting open concept, yard for dog, house/condo near restaurants and bars, must-have granite, wood floors, kitchen island, invisible neighbors, fence (for hipster dog, again), crown moldings, white kitchen.  It is almost a relief to see the bare bones wee spaces that the GC rich live and "entertain" in.  Other than Victor.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

How long is Dummer on Jaboat?  If Billy is in Philly at the trade show, he clearly doesn't show up for their supposed rendezvous. Does Phyllis just set her daughter adrift and keep her hostage on Lake Geneva?  WTF.

And why on earth would they move into the Abbott manse?  Are they going to do it on the dining room table and the sofa in the living room?

the pit viper sent the email to dummer as billy (on his laptop) and wanting to meet her on jaboat..

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

the pit viper sent the email to dummer as billy (on his laptop) and wanting to meet her on jaboat..

Right, but then that means Phyllis is holding her daughter hostage on Jaboat for at least a day or two, because Billy has to do the trade show, return home, and then they move into the manse.  Dummer wouldn't just stay on Jaboat indefinitely waiting for Billy? 

It also made no sense that Billy would go to a trade show without his laptop, if that was his laptop.  I guess Ravi  could have assisted her getting into his account without his laptop. 

• Love 6

on today's cdn eppy, phyl tells billy that dummer is on the boat in the middle of the lake and won't be back until she says so.

i think it was kyle who helped her cause he is the one who told phyl about dummer in the first place.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Phyllis apparently took the special course offered by Neil Winters, on how to efficiently stash people who don't follow your company line. 

Plan for Jaboat to dock next to his old favorite hide-a-way, The Boathouse! 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Diane M said:

So who is going to be on Jaboat with Summer?  Maybe some hot young crew member who will take her mind off of Billy.

How did Billy react to the news that Summer is on Jaboat?

Really! It seems like a boat that size would need some sort of a crew. Is Phyllis conscripting the captain and crew into kidnapping and hostage holding now?

• Love 4

Okay then. Phyllis and Billy have to move immediately out of Summer’s condo bought for her by her um, um, whatever Jack. There are no other apartments to rent, houses to buy or rooms to rent in GCAC? They just must move into the Abbott Mansion with Dina (? Who apparently has died but no one has noticed), Ashley and Kyle. Isn’t this the mansion that Phyllis lived in when she was married to Jack and cheating on him with his BROTHER? And as if I didn’t think she could get more snarly, jerky, twisting, nasty looking, ugly acting and looking—she amazes me yet again. I’m sure this actress can look attractive and normal but you couldn’t prove it by how she behaves on this show. I normally don’t like women having injections into their lips but she could use something in that upper lip so she didn’t look so snarly all of the time. And by the way? I am totally team Summer in her charges against her mother.

• Love 9

I read about the Summer/Phyllis ho down and then watched it... fell flat for me.  Maybe the buzz was too big.  There were some good digs but it wasn't the be all end all I was expecting. 

I have no idea why Summer hates her mother so much.  It's a great angle, but I don't get it the basis for where she's coming from. 

I also thought Jaboat would sink, allowing Summer to go back to real TV at night and leaving Phyllis feeling Lilyesque. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, boes said:

And why would ButtBiscuit want to live with Ashley and Kyle, since he knows they're out to see his pasty flat ass kicked to the curb?

Because he is cheap as fuck and only is going to spend money on his gambling habit.

• Love 9

Wowza, finally watched today's ep.  Phyllis is officially the worst mother ever on Y and R.  She is worse than Lauren's mother, she is worse than Jill, she is worse than Dina, she is worse than Devon's mother.  Here is a woman, a fully grown adult woman, a professional woman, and she is holding her daughter hostage on a boat on Lake Geneva for at least 48 hours now, to ensure she doesn't fuck her own boyfriend.

And then, she confronts her "boyfriend" (are they not in their forties or fifties by now?) to ensure he is not hot for her daughter.

Officially worst mother ever.

And then, she fucks him, to ensure that he only wants her.  On her daughter's couch.  And tells him that if he ever screwed around with her daughter, she would kill him.

I have other words, but I am going to restrain myself.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Really! It seems like a boat that size would need some sort of a crew. Is Phyllis conscripting the captain and crew into kidnapping and hostage holding now?

Dummer thinks she's headed for Philadelphia?

Doesn't the Abbott manse have a pool house - two story with many new fucksurfaces to explore for Philly

• Love 5

Please, crowsworks. Buttbiscuit and Phyllis are going to enjoy their unnatural intercourse in only a few select places: Jack’s bed and his dining room chair. Romcomcom! 

I am curious as to how viewers are supposed to take Phyllis’s behavior. Are we supposed to be dazzled by the depths of her desperation to keep Billy? Is this shit supposed to be romantic? Was I meant to be offended by Summer telling Phyllis the truth about herself? I personally find nothing entertaining about people who choose boink buddies over their own children, but maybe there’s an audience for it. 

Poor Summer could have had Jack for a father, but JM wanted Nick to look like a nice guy. You know, the kind of nice guy who cuts his daughter a big, fat check to prevent her from telling the world that her daddy is a cheating assbag. Newsflash: the world already knew! 

I still don’t know why Summer wants Billy so badly, which would seem like a key part of the story. Maybe the Patty peanut incident rendered her unable to recognize attractive men. 

• Love 21

Phyllis is going to have Das Boatie containing Dummer crash into the real-life summer home of the Bell Family, thus finally finishing off any connection with Show's Creators.

Why should anyone be surprised over what Phyl does?  Didn't she fcuk Dr. Tim to death?  and what she did to her own son with his RapeBaby?

Dummer wants ButtBiscuit because he resembles a peanut.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I still don’t know why Summer wants Billy so badly, which would seem like a key part of the story. Maybe the Patty peanut incident rendered her unable to recognize attractive men. 

This. I'm mostly just scratching my head wondering what are her motivations? Is it just teaching her mother a lesson? If so great, but why now? Why so much hatred out of the blue? I just don't really get it, and I refuse to believe it's because she actually finds Billy attractive. My brain just refuses to compute. 

• Love 17

So Phyllis locks Summer on a boat, yet continues to mooch off her and live in HER house? And she has photos of her and Billy up on Summer's table? Summer needs to kick her out.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Please, crowsworks. Buttbiscuit and Phyllis are going to enjoy their unnatural intercourse in only a few select places: Jack’s bed and his dining room chair. Romcomcom! 

I am curious as to how viewers are supposed to take Phyllis’s behavior. Are we supposed to be dazzled by the depths of her desperation to keep Billy? Is this shit supposed to be romantic? Was I meant to be offended by Summer telling Phyllis the truth about herself? I personally find nothing entertaining about people who choose boink buddies over their own children, but maybe there’s an audience for it.

Ninja, I'm wondering about the expected viewer-response to this scenario myself. It feels like the Moral Turpitude Sweepstakes!

Who'll be the big winner here?

• Will it be Ma Phyllis, hypocrite supreme? She worked her fingers [or something] to the proverbial bone[fill it in yourselves] after leaving Daddy Ponzi! She took out her spite for every imagined insult and crappy situation she caused on everyone within a 5-mile radius!
  • Will it be Daughter Ducklips, driven to rage by her own stupidity and imagined suffering, arching her nether parts like a cat in heat! Too bad Mal's too stupid to channel the immortal Mildred Pierce: "We weren't expecting you, Mildred..."

Mildred-Pierce-5.jpg

Summer, you're no Veda, and Billy, you're not even Monty.

Family Romance, rather than romcomcom? Dunno, maybe we should call Siggy Freud.

And on a more benign note...Rey [shirtless--the daily thing here] fixing Sharon's plumbing?

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Ninja, I'm wondering about the expected viewer-response to this scenario myself. It feels like the Moral Turpitude Sweepstakes!

Who'll be the big winner here?

• Will it be Ma Phyllis, hypocrite supreme? She worked her fingers [or something] to the proverbial bone[fill it in yourselves] after leaving Daddy Ponzi! She took out her spite for every imagined insult and crappy situation she caused on everyone within a 5-mile radius!
  • Will it be Daughter Ducklips, driven to rage by her own stupidity and imagined suffering, arching her nether parts like a cat in heat! Too bad Mal's too stupid to channel the immortal Mildred Pierce: "We weren't expecting you, Mildred..."

Mildred-Pierce-5.jpg

Summer, you're no Veda, and Billy, you're not even Monty.

Family Romance, rather than romcomcom? Dunno, maybe we should call Siggy Freud.

And on a more benign note...Rey [shirtless--the daily thing here] fixing Sharon's plumbing?

Be still, my beating heart, Perlite!  Mildred Pierce!

Oh, if only....

If only Dummer was able to form the words 

:You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a lady. But you can't, because you'll never be anything but a common frump whose father lived over a grocery store and whose mother took in washing.

And Phyllis, 

Get out Veda. Get your things out of this house right now before I throw them into the street and you with them. Get out before I kill you.

But Eve Arden had it right with the Summer simps....

Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young.

Now THAT'S how you have a mother/daughter down and drag out fight.

Instead we've got a low rent Ginger on JaBoat, pining for her Gilligan.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, boes said:

But Eve Arden had it right with the Summer simps....

Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young.

Now THAT'S how you have a mother/daughter down and drag out fight.

Instead we've got a low rent Ginger on JaBoat, pining for her Gilligan.

Oh, boes, only if this were Gilligan's Island rendered as  a tale told by an idiot on a bus-and-truck summer stock tour.

Eve Arden--how I love her! Joanie C is PearliteLite's gal.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy showing up in a monocle and top hat can only improve the show at this point. 

Maybe an elephant can then try to shuck him ala Chuckles the Clown.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Phyllis is going to have Das Boatie containing Dummer crash into the real-life summer home of the Bell Family, thus finally finishing off any connection with Show's Creators.

Why should anyone be surprised over what Phyl does?  Didn't she fcuk Dr. Tim to death?  and what she did to her own son with his RapeBaby?

Dummer wants ButtBiscuit because he resembles a peanut.

Skinny legs - not man shaped - yep.

12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Basically she is pulling the same crap Veda pulled; "It's your fault I'm the way I am."

Lets see. When she drove recklessly she wrecked and killed Adam and Chels baby... and got a new carh cuz her's was all wrecked and stuff. I can't imagine why she's a little huz off the block.

• Love 6

Billy is The Abbott now, isn't he?  It is only fitting that he and Mildred Pierce live in the Abbott manse.  (I am speaking as Mal here, not as myself.)

Who is Jack's father, by the way?  Has that story fallen by the wayside along with the fate of Dina?  (I may have missed out on this, since I just can't bring myself to watch the so-called hot stud exude his special apple cider milkshake that brings all the women to his yard.)

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Tippi said:

Billy is The Abbott now, isn't he?  It is only fitting that he and Mildred Pierce live in the Abbott manse.  (I am speaking as Mal here, not as myself.)

Who is Jack's father, by the way?  Has that story fallen by the wayside along with the fate of Dina?  (I may have missed out on this, since I just can't bring myself to watch the so-called hot stud exude his special apple cider milkshake that brings all the women to his yard.)

Yes, what happened to that whole story line? It was causing Jack much angst and now it's what? Just dropped? Fuck you Mal.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Tippi said:

30 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yes, what happened to that whole story line? It was causing Jack much angst and now it's what? Just dropped? Fuck you Mal.

Yep, Jack's put all that aside to carry water for Dickolas.  Paternity, Shmaternity, he gets to work with NICK!  

Maybe the fumes wafting off Nick has given Jack temporary amnesia.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, boes said:

Yep, Jack's put all that aside to carry water for Dickolas.  Paternity, Shmaternity, he gets to work with NICK!  

Maybe the fumes wafting off Nick has given Jack temporary amnesia.

I hated when Nick left Jack with his proclamation of who's boss. Jack just sat there grimacing. Another example at how awful Jack is being written these days.

• Love 12
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, bannana said:

Billy Abbott is worth destroying the relationship you have with your one daughter????

Sad as it is for me to say this, but there are thousands and thousands of mothers who choose to believe in - or at least side with - the men they are involved/living with/married to over a daughter or even multiple daughters, and that includes even and most egregiously those men who are incestuously abusing those daughters. Many of these women know in their gut that what the daughter says is the truth, but they'll look away in order to maintain the status quo with their partner, whether it's because they would be more shamed to have the situation outed or because they don't want to interrupt or endanger their financial security.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 11

Dina is back!  Jack is having breakfast with her at the GCAC.  She is more out of touch than she was before.

Okay, Phyllis actually has stranded Dummer on Jaboat for a week!  I hope she charges her with kidnapping.  Billy knows and he is okay with it.  Phyllis even tells Kyle.  And Kyle tells Ash too.

Kyle and Ash are not impressed with Philly moving into the Abbott manse.  So they continue to conspire against Billy, with a plan to set him up to embezzle more money from Jabot.  Ash is not comfortable with luring Billy back into gambling, which is Kyle's idea.

Drinki has become Vic's stalker.  There is a hilarious scene where Vic has snuck home to sleep in the middle of the day and when she wakes up, Drinki is right there in bed with her!  Hah!

Abby walks in on Philly making out on the sofa (they have only been living there for five minutes!).  She informs them skinny dipping in the pool is verboten.

Jack decides that he needs to continue to search for his father.

Mariah is planning a bridal shower for Sharon.  

Mariah confides in Kyle that she is worried that Tessa will not come back to her.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

There is a hilarious scene where Vic has snuck home to sleep in the middle of the day and when she wakes up, Drinki is right there in bed with her!  Hah!

LOL!!!  Did that really happen, or did Victoria dream it?

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, bannana said:

Abby walks in on Philly making out on the sofa (they have only been living there for five minutes!).  She informs them skinny dipping in the pool is verboten.

I know the Naked Heiress shouldn't be lecturing anyone on public nudity, but the twit has a point. Mrs. Martinez and the pool boy will need raises and hazmat suits. 

• Love 13

I hate Summer. But I hate Phyllis more. She treats her ill-conceived children like total garbage when she’s not using them to lock down a man. Setting your child adrift without access to communication is Victor level shit. What if the crew swabs the deck with peanut oil? Meanwhile Phyllis is shacking up with bed buddy Billy in Jack’s home, as if those two clods couldn’t find a nice port a potty to call their own. She and Buttbiscuit just sit there swapping spit, all the while Summer could be spotting a shiny object beneath the waves and jumping overboard to fetch it. 

Ashley, Kyle has the right idea. Blow that Buttbiscuit out of the water.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I hate Summer. But I hate Phyllis more. She treats her ill-conceived children like total garbage when she’s not using them to lock down a man. Setting your child adrift without access to communication is Victor level shit. What if the crew swabs the deck with peanut oil? Meanwhile Phyllis is shacking up with bed buddy Billy in Jack’s home, as if those two clods couldn’t find a nice port a potty to call their own. She and Buttbiscuit just sit there swapping spit, all the while Summer could be spotting a shiny object beneath the waves and jumping overboard to fetch it. 

Ashley, Kyle has the right idea. Blow that Buttbiscuit out of the water.

Port a potty? What's wrong with a humble dumpster?  Ninja thinks this is HGTV with a fancy toilet. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I definitely hate Summer more than Phyllis, but I couldn't agree more, what Phyllis is doing is out & out evil.  Even Summer doesn't deserve that.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Port a potty? What's wrong with a humble dumpster?  Ninja thinks this is HGTV with a fancy toilet. 

Well pardon moi! I was raised to view dumpsters as places of passion, not cozy cabins for domestic bliss. I suppose I’m a bit of an elitist. 

Speaking of elitist, does Victoria not have a nanny?

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Speaking of elitist, does Victoria not have a nanny?

I assume the nanny was napping UNDER the bed while Nikki and Vicki did their oh-so-wierd mother/daughter bonding.

Those kids of Vic's are going to grow up to be serial killers.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Phyllis is shacking up with bed buddy Billy in Jack’s home,

So fucking unreal. I haven’t checked the ratings, but I hope they’re plunmeting and someone with a working brain realizes that GT and JT are not the answer and never were.

• Love 16