Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MollyB said:

Because it needs to be said again.  thank you! I have no desire, inclination or mental stamina to watch Show, but I love to keep up.  This forum rocks.  #Preverts4evah!

I'm right there with you. Not watching and am grateful for the recaps. I had hoped by this time that SSM's writing would have drawn me back but that hasn't happened. Even the prospect of seeing ChlseaCon get knocked out by Chloe wasn't enough to get me to tune back into Show.  Now if I read here that Victor is actually going to suffer some serious and long lasting consequences for his latest criminal behavior, then that might do it. I've been waiting for years to see the old goat pay for all the terrible things he has done. (All for the fambly! *gag*) Seeing Victor suffer would be something I wouldn't want to miss because not only will it be long overdue but it will be something new. Not the same old storyline we've seen played out umpteenth times.  I'm not hopeful though. Show has fooled me too many times for me to think the Turd will not be welcomed back to his family and given his 2,764th pass for causing death, pain and heartache to the citizens of GC.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

I'm right there with you. Not watching and am grateful for the recaps. I had hoped by this time that SSM's writing would have drawn me back but that hasn't happened. Even the prospect of seeing ChlseaCon get knocked out by Chloe wasn't enough to get me to tune back into Show.  Now if I read here that Victor is actually going to suffer some serious and long lasting consequences for his latest criminal behavior, then that might do it. I've been waiting for years to see the old goat pay for all the terrible things he has done. (All for the fambly! *gag*) Seeing Victor suffer would be something I wouldn't want to miss because not only will it be long overdue but it will be something new. Not the same old storyline we've seen played out umpteenth times.  I'm not hopeful though. Show has fooled me too many times for me to think the Turd will not be welcomed back to his family and given his 2,764th pass for causing death, pain and heartache to the citizens of GC.

I don't have the commitment to watch the whole show and recap, but I must admit I am loving this absurd Chloe/Prick storyline more than anything in a long time.  But I am sure Prick will skate, as always.  And Chloe will ensconce herself perhaps in an igloo in the deep north.  Her doily dress will be turned into a flag for her igloo. 

I just love how all of the soaps portray Canada, but the Y and R is the worst.

Re Prick, if Scott is an actual journalist, his book could  be explosive. But I am sure it will at some point become an unauthorized bio.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

Thanks @bannana!

The run Bambi run thing!!!! I'd totally forgotten. Lol

@miamama, well I am older than you and as I found from my google search, the exact same age as Bambi was.  But I have another connection, as I have siblings in law in Wisconsin, who truly believe that the police were corrupt and she was set up.  So I remember this time very well.  Her life was tragic all the way through, but I still believe she was framed, to some extent.  But the fact she fled to THUNDER BAY, did really amuse me and that she was id'ed there. Hence, the Chloe connection.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, bannana said:

@miamama, well I am older than you and as I found from my google search, the exact same age as Bambi was.  But I have another connection, as I have siblings in law in Wisconsin, who truly believe that the police were corrupt and she was set up.  So I remember this time very well.  Her life was tragic all the way through, but I still believe she was framed, to some extent.  But the fact she fled to THUNDER BAY, did really amuse me and that she was id'ed there. Hence, the Chloe connection.

When I read your post I had this instant flash to "Bambi Bembenek" and I have not thought about her since she was in Thunder Bay, lol. Googled and didn't realize she had died. All sad. 

But funny that there seems to be a Wisconsin to Thunder Bay escape route. ?

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, miamama said:

When I read your post I had this instant flash to "Bambi Bembenek" and I have not thought about her since she was in Thunder Bay, lol. Googled and didn't realize she had died. All sad. 

But funny that there seems to be a Wisconsin to Thunder Bay escape route. ?

Yup, my husband's family is Wisconsin and Minnesota.  All immigrants, of course, from Norway and Sweden.  I guess back in the day of Bambi it was pretty easy to just walk across the border to Canada.  Oh wait, refugees are doing it now.   And Canadians are welcoming them.  Here I go, getting political.

But yes, love that Y and R figured Chloe should head to THUNDER BAY, instead of another place that is more tropical!

Edited by bannana
Because I do know that Thunder Bay is not a country!
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So now Canada is stuck with Chloe? Well Trudeau did say that all are welcome.......

Well as I recall Thunder Bay, black fly season should start soon, and Chloe probably travels without bug spray.

Thunder Bay???? Did the writing staff get stuck on the letter "T"? Maybe Temagami's next...

[And I have no idea where Temagami is, except north. I'm a border-clinger, and in Toronto terms, anything north of St Clair Avenue is Siberia.]

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Temagami's not as far as Thunder Bay - I think it's a couple hours north of North Bay.

Seriously? Now I'll have to look it up. And, dumbass geographically that I am, I always mix up Thunder Bay and North Bay.

I tend to go south, like the Erie shore. Probably 'cause I'd need a passport to get to Lake Simcoe.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, pearlite said:

Seriously? Now I'll have to look it up. And, dumbass geographically that I am, I always mix up Thunder Bay and North Bay.

I tend to go south, like the Erie shore. Probably 'cause I'd need a passport to get to Lake Simcoe.

I grew up in Southwestern Ontario and I thought Toronto was north!  But then I actually drove from there to Vancouver via Thunder Bay, and I got the whole picture. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

I have a good friend who has lived in Mississauga all her life and rather looks down upon anyone who grew up north of Highway 9. Once I teased her that in my hometown, which lies right on Hwy 9 just north of Caledon, we only got electricity in the 1970s ?

• Love 5

So more on the Chloe/Prick saga.  Chelz visits Prick and they commiserate about how unfortunate it is that Chloe ever showed up in GC, and how if only she hadn't come back to town that Adam would still be alive.  Prick went so far as to ask Chelz if she had any idea why Chloe ever came back to GC!  Chelz fills Prick in on how Chloe was exposed, the ring, etc.  Just in case Dick tells Chelz the truth, Prick assures her that he believed Adam's death was an accident and he truly wanted the two of them to have a happy life.

But over at the Ranch, Drinki, Dick and Vic are bemoaning the situation and Dick is determined that Prick be outed for his conspiracy with Chloe and for aiding and abetting her escape.  And go to jail.  Drinki, who is furious with Prick and cannot believe she was sucked into his schemes and that he lied to her again, says no one will ever know the truth.  Why?  To protect the Newman brand.  HAHAHA!!!  That's right, she swears her two kids to keep this secret from the world. "If Prick goes down, we go down too!"  Because they had helped get Prick out of prison the last time.  She says the Newman companies would be impacted through boycotts and campaigns against them.   Vic would lose the Asian deal and the hockey deal.  Now I am not sure how this is worse than the Anicelli debacle, which included torture, murders, and again using a mentally unstable woman, but she convinces them to keep quiet.  Drinki says Prick will be punished.  They also agree to keep Abby in the dark because her loyalties are divided.

Over at Jabot, Jack and Glo are commiserating over the situation re Adam, and poor Kevin, and Jack rails about Prick, this without even knowing about Prick's role.  They are actually having a real conversation.  Glo breaks down because she thinks she inadvertently pushed Kev and Chloe together through her constant sniping, and Jack comforts her with a hug, and Phyllis happens to walk in and confronts them, and they don't even really try to hide it at all.  Glo says: turns out our longstanding feud was just....(pause) foreplay.  Good one, Glo!  Later Phyllis and Jack are in a meeting and she goes off on him for sleeping with Glo and forgiving her for all that she did with the tainted face cream, etc,  but not forgiving Phyllis for sleeping with his brother.  Jack says about his relationship with Glo: it's called having fun.

So then Vic is with Billy and Reed, but she is cagey about what's going on and Billy doesn't like being kept in the dark.  Then Dick sees Chelz at the tacky house, and she tells him how sweet his dad was to her, and how she wants to start the search for Chloe.  He talks her out of that, and pretends that all is fine.  So now he is keeping a big secret from her, and she is keeping a big secret from him.  This will end badly, but does anyone actually care?

Drinki confronts Prick at his office.  He tells her he saw Chelz and didn't tell her the truth to protect her and Connor.  He says: you know the family means everything to me.  Drinki tells him to print that on a t-shirt.  Heh!  She tells him that she doesn't believe he is a changed man, and he bellows, I don't give a damn what you believe.  Do you think my pain was a charade? She says he deserves to feel guilty being the lynchpin in his own son's murder, and she will never forgive him.  She also says she enabled him, by getting him out of prison, that she was soft.  She tells him that she will never enable him again, she is done with forgiveness.  She commands:  Your reign as King of the Newman family ends today!  He wonders whether he should get a lawyer and she tells him neither she nor the kids are going to the police, she is going to protect her family.  He says, that's right, family means everything, and she agrees.  She explains that to the outside world they will appear to be a loving family, but behind closed doors:  You will no longer be a member of this family!

One other interesting plot point today, Lauren actually encouraged Phyllis to date Scott!

Previews:  Dick and Vic are sharing a beer at her house and Dick says: who knows how long it will be before Mom cracks and tries to get us to forgive him; Prick, pointing his finger in her face, to Drinki, at the Ranch: you have poisoned Vic and Dick against me but I'll be damned if you poison the grandchildren against me! and she has that nose in the air, arms on hips, defiant stance.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Later Phyllis and Jack are in a meeting and she goes off on him for sleeping with Glo and forgiving her for all that she did with the tainted face cream, etc,  but not forgiving Phyllis for sleeping with his brother.  Jack says about his relationship with Glo: it's called having fun.

Look at Phyllis getting her excuse to fuck Billy again. I can't stomach this psycho anymore. Straight to FF.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, rcc said:

Jack and Gloria "having fun." I am so glad we are not seeing it.

Yeah WTF? "Fun?" Ugh. When did this insane offscreen trysting become about fun????

I swear they are throwing this crap in just to justify the contrived Philly crap. I mean Lauren would try to hook her kid up with Phyllis? I don't care how old he is, don't buy it for ONE second.

Phyllis is being pushed by everyone to go have SEX. And soon whiny Billy will be at her door. Whatever is poor Phyllis to do? 

• Love 14

PB is being wasted by this gang, and I guess Poldark Lite will be wasted as well by sticking him with Dumpster Diver. 

On 4/10/2017 at 5:44 PM, boes said:

But..but....but.... what happened to the Baked Alaska?

boes, when I was reading your post I was expecting this to be a nickname for Sully Can.  I am holding on to hope that Dick will find out Daddio's and Chelsea's deceptions and will give us a 10 banana freak out.

I never thought I would wind up in this position, but Victor is no longer the most odious character on the show for me (and he has held this position ever since I started watching the show.)  A certain rom-com master thespian now holds this honor.  Can Vicky exile him to Japan, never to be seen onscreen again?

• Love 12

Tracey Bregman is so thin she's actually off putting.  Not a good look today.  Like a pumpkin on a pipe cleaner.

Fail as far as I am concerned on the Newman conspiracy to not rat out Victor... it could work... there was great drama there but it was too rushed.  That outcome should have followed a week or two of debate.  Hopefully there is some cold shouldering of TGVN.

Probably UO material but Judith Chapman really isn't much of an actress... a great scenery chewer but nothing in her suffering moved me and I laughed out loud when PB did his trademark strained jaw of empathy pain when she collapsed sobbing (maybe it was a seizure?) in his arms.  Though she did creep me out with the foreplay line...

Kinda like bitch Nikki.  Good for her.  Some backbone at last. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 3

Lets see how long Nikki's stance really lasts, it's good in theory but 15 minutes later she'd be defending him probably.

Also would love to see if Nick and Victoria don't go running off to Sharon and Billy to be their sounding boards and talk about it too.

• Love 5

I do not find Nikki's stance the least bit believable. She has stood by Victor before so why not now? The only reason seems to be that Brash and Sassy would be ruined. But she never cared about Newman possibly being ruined previously when Victor has done something unspeakable? Nope. Not buying it. 

Lauren trying to set Phyllis up with her son? As if! What every mother wants for her unmarried and childless son - a grandmother past child bearing age. And wouldn't Scott and Daniel be about the same age? Sheesh. 

I don't mind Gloria and Jack together one iota. Especially if it will make Phyll's head explode. More power to them.

Loved Reed's "Help me" plea to Billy when he was about to head off with the examiner. Cute. 

• Love 16
On Mon Apr 10 2017 at 9:36 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

So now Canada is stuck with Chloe? Well Trudeau did say that all are welcome.......

Well, Canada gave us Justin Beiber.

Let's call it even ?

17 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lauren trying to set Phyllis up with her son? As if!

Whut 

Why? :/

• Love 9

Yeah Lauren, that's a great idea to try to set up YOUR SON with a woman who cheated on her husband with his brother. She'd be a really faithful girlfriend for YOUR SON. What a ridiculous scenario among many on this show! Give me a freaking break.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Yeah Lauren, that's a great idea to try to set up YOUR SON with a woman who cheated on her husband with his brother. She'd be a really faithful girlfriend for YOUR SON. What a ridiculous scenario among many on this show! Give me a freaking break.

Yeah, not to mention a woman who lied to her first husband about being the father of her son to get him to marry her. And got pregnant with her second child by having an affair with a married man. Oh, and tried to run down the woman who was really the love of your first husband's life. (That did come out eventually, didn't it? Hard to remember back that far). That is just off the top of my head. Phyll has always had questionable morals (not that that is unusual in a soap of course) but really Lauren....that is what you want for your son? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yeah, not to mention a woman who lied to her first husband about being the father of her son to get him to marry her. And got pregnant with her second child by having an affair with a married man. Oh, and tried to run down the woman who was really the love of your first husband's life. (That did come out eventually, didn't it? Hard to remember back that far). That is just off the top of my head. Phyll has always had questionable morals (not that that is unusual in a soap of course) but really Lauren....that is what you want for your son? 

I'm reading between the lines here. Are you trying to say that Phyllis might have some baggage?

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yeah, not to mention a woman who lied to her first husband about being the father of her son to get him to marry her. And got pregnant with her second child by having an affair with a married man. Oh, and tried to run down the woman who was really the love of her first husband's life. (That did come out eventually, didn't it? Hard to remember back that far). That is just off the top of my head. Phyll has always had questionable morals (not that that is unusual in a soap of course) but really Lauren....that is what you want for your son? 

• Love 2

I'm glad Faith saw Nick punch Victor. It's about time that she gets faced with the truth and has to learn Grandpa is a sick and twisted person. 

She should be having nothing to do with him after what he did to her mother.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yeah, not to mention a woman who lied to her first husband about being the father of her son to get him to marry her. And got pregnant with her second child by having an affair with a married man.

the guy who impregnated her (brian hamilton) was also a married man along with the man she lied to (danny) who was also married at the time.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

he guy who impregnated her (brian hamilton) was also a married man along with the man she lied to (danny) who was also married at the time.

and the doctor she killed with a strip tease and rolled up in a carpet headed for the dumpster.

• Love 9

Operation Freeze Out Pricktor is underway!  I confess I only half paid attention today, so missed stuff.  But here are some highlights I can recall.

Drinki is dead serious about shutting out Prick, including barring him from Reed's party.  Well he pays her back by having a car delivered to the UG as Reed's birthday gift and Drinki and Vic both have  big stinkface  when that happens.  Prick also gets punched by Dick, which is fun of course, but Faith is traumatized.  They assure it was all in good fun.  But then Dick tells Faith it's time for her to move home (no shit!).  She is sad, and she and Grampvire have an emotional and melodramatic parting scene.  I think we are supposed to feel really bad for Prick.  Besides, they actually live on the same property, so what is the big sad all about?  Also, prior to that, Dick told Prick he should stay away from all of his grandchildren, including Connor, and CHRISTIAN!  Rut roh, Dick, you may regret those words.  And why wouldn't Prick tell the truth about Christian now?  It would blow up Dick and Chelz, which gives him better access to Connor, and it would hurt Dick and Drinki, who loses her grandson.  And I assume Prick would get custody.

Over at the UG there is the teen scene which I ignored.  Billy wonders what is up with Vic, but I didn't really see her acting any more bizarrely than normal.  But apparently him feeling shut out will lead to

Spoiler

payback sex with Phyllis

Quite frankly, if Billy knew that Prick was responsible for Adam's death via Chloe, wouldn't he just cheer?  Cause he still hates Adam and he tried to kill him too. 

Scott and Phyllis are attempting to boink on the Baldwins' sofa (doesn't he have his own room) and Kev walks in on them and Phyllis rushes out.  Kev and Scott talk about Chloe, blah blah.  But Phyllis, who is suddenly sober, goes to Crimson Lights where Sharon and Jack are having a chat about Adam and Pricktor.  She joins their table and she and Jack badmouth Prick, and berate Sharon for allowing her daughter to live with him.  Then Jack and Phyllis bond over their Prick hatred and Phyllis at least seems to want to be friends with Jack again.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So Phyllis was trying to screw My Son, got busted by Chipmunk, runs to Jack to flirt and in the end jumps in the sack with NevereverinamillionbillionagesoftheearthBilly. She doesn't just fuck on dumpsters, she is one.

That's what it sounds like.  And Kev pointed out to Scott that she also did Michael back in the day.  He suggested they double date.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, MollyB said:

and the doctor she killed with a strip tease and rolled up in a carpet headed for the dumpster.

Didn't she also kill Sasha (I think that was her name), the lab employee/friend (with friends like Phyll...) she used to change Daniel's paternity results? Can't remember that far back but I think she got away with no one knowing about that particular murder? 

Edited to add- today's show doesn't air here for another couple of hours - can't wait. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

That's what it sounds like.  And Kev pointed out to Scott that she also did Michael back in the day.  He suggested they double date.

LMAO. *Love* this nod to history. That 14-year-old blubbering Phyllis who acted like Billy was the first time she'd ever been laid or loved needs to be erased. 

3 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Didn't she also kill Sasha (I think that was her name), the lab employee/friend (with friends like Phyll...) she used to change Daniel's paternity results? Can't remember that far back but I think she got away with no one knowing about that particular murder? 

Yep. It was always left unclear but heavily implied that she killed Sasha.

• Love 11

Yeah, not to mention a woman who lied to her first husband about being the father of her son to get him to marry her.

And the fact that it took three paternity tests before Danny finally learned the truth. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

So Phyllis was trying to screw My Son, got busted by Chipmunk, runs to Jack to flirt and in the end jumps in the sack with NevereverinamillionbillionagesoftheearthBilly. She doesn't just fuck on dumpsters, she is one.

BaaBOOM!!!!  And we have the Internetwebby winner for today!

Great one, Peacheslatour!!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Then Jack and Phyllis bond over their Prick hatred and Phyllis at least seems to want to be friends with Jack again.

She.is.a.psycho. Can Jack pls cut her off for good soon? 

• Love 6