Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: 10 Chefs Again

• Start Topic

After both teams are reorganized, the chefs blindly choose ingredients from which they must create a unique dish; the chefs must serve a five-course meal to UNICEF Ambassador Angie Harmon and other VIP attendees.

Finally Sandra is gone! Though frankly he should have just eliminated Kashia, Gabriel, and Sandra all in one sweep. This is going to be a long competition.

Initially I thought Joy was gonna win this thing but Rochelle is really coming into her own. 

The previews for next week's episode look really stupid- I highly doubt there's anything that serious going on between Melanie and Anton. But of course FOX wants to make a big soap opera out of everything.

• Love 1

Keisha should have been sent packing with her. Her rantings after the competition were ridiculous. She even said "I should go" when still down in the kitchen and for once, I agree with her. Gabriel can go too.

It's hard to find someone to root for in this bunch, but I hope Rochelle pulls it together. She showed tonight that she can lead a kitchen staff and spotted mistakes that others just didn't see. Or didn't care.

• Love 1

Rochelle could win & I'd be fine with that.  Nobody else in that place seems to know their ass from their elbow.  I'm at the point where I just hate them all, including Gordon.

So much repetitive crap, maybe I'll just bypass the rest of the episodes & watch the finale.....*LOL*

(edited)

I was hoping that GR would eliminate one from each team to make up for axing no one last week and hoping even more fervently that the two would be Sandra and Kashia.  Darn.  I will give Sandra credit for departing gracefully.  I almost liked her for a second there. 

I was agreeing with Jason that the spa day was a crappy prize.  I'm female and I'd have hated every minute of it.  I totally understand why he didn't like it.

Edited by mlp
  • Love 1

I thought everyone but Scott should have been booted of the 4 nominated.  Gabriel can't count or remember anything.  He was a big part of the problem on the blue team.  Kashia was crying after screwing up.  Then she tried to blame others. Just send her home.

• Love 2

I understand guys aren't really into the whole spa thing but I found Jason's attitude towards the prize extremely ungracious. Other guys have seemed to enjoy it in the past and I didn't see any of the other guys complaining about it. A spa day is still better than doing the punishment. Jason frankly strikes me as one of those insecure manly man types who needs to constantly assert his manliness.

• Love 3

As I was watching the end of this episode, I had a split-second of thinking Gordon Ramsey would finally do something truly surprising and tell them ALL to take off their jackets and go home.  Alas, it didn't happen.  

But at least next week won't be a third week of saying "10 Chefs", so I'll take solace in that.

Angie Harmon looked gorgeous.

• Love 2

I have to agree with most of the above posters in that EVERYONE nominated should have gone home; what a bunch!  Sondra pretty much cut her own throat by saying she was done (paraphrasing).  What is wrong with Gabriel?  Can he really NOT count?  And don't get me started on cut-throat Kashia!

I think Jason (with the voice) might have something seriously wrong with his throat; he needs to get it checked out.

Whoever said something to the effect that Every Man should have a crush on Angie Harmon is bang on; she is absolutely delectable and I can't think of any other woman more beautiful than her.

I have to agree with most of the above posters in that EVERYONE nominated should have gone home; what a bunch!  Sondra pretty much cut her own throat by saying she was done (paraphrasing).  What is wrong with Gabriel?  Can he really NOT count?  And don't get me started on cut-throat Kashia!

I think Jason (with the voice) might have something seriously wrong with his throat; he needs to get it checked out.

Whoever said something to the effect that Every Man should have a crush on Angie Harmon is bang on; she is absolutely delectable and I can't think of any other woman more beautiful than her.

I think you mean Anton is the one who has the weird voice. I don't know if his voice is just like that naturally or he smokes too much (probably a bit of both) I bet he won't win, not just for that reason because there are other reasons he won't/shouldn't win, but that grating voice is one of them. Not that it's his fault or anything, it's not like he can really help what his voice sounds like, but if I had to stand in a kitchen all day long with that voice yelling at me, I'd probably tear my hair out. I can't imagine any people he works with if he won would enjoy listening to that all day.

I don't much like Kashia, but she wasn't wrong about there being other people involved in her screwup. One of her competitors sent up undercooked pasta (and it's really hard to keep pasta from cooking when it's in hot sauce) for "her" dish, and I didn't get the impression it was an accident.

The problem is, Kashia took their word for it. Trusting your staff isn't a best practice, but trusting someone who thinks they're a step closer to a quarter million dollars if they get rid of you is just plain dumb.

• Love 1

Yeah. I think Keisha's problem in service was indicative of her problem in general -- that she doesn't like to be responsible for things, and tries to delegate responsibility to someone else. It's fine to have Melanie cook the pasta, and to trust that she'll do that without watching her, but being responsible for the dish means checking the end result before it goes up, to make sure it turned out okay. I don't think it makes her a bad chef that she didn't do that, but it probably means this isn't the right competition for her. I don't see any possible way she could win at this point.

Also, I know that the show deliberately stresses them out so that they'll yell at each other, but every time they all stand around and yell at each other, I just wish they had a mediator or something to calm them down. It shouldn't be this hard to have a simple discussion. Plus, I wonder what you think if you're one of the normal people who works on this show, and you just stand there and watch the contestants go crazy as the weeks go by.

• Love 1

I have never seen one person have so many issues with counting in such a short time lol. I wonder how much of it has to do with getting little sleep, since I remember reading somewhere that they often only get 3-4 hours a night.

I have never seen one person have so many issues with counting in such a short time lol. I wonder how much of it has to do with getting little sleep, since I remember reading somewhere that they often only get 3-4 hours a night.

While lack of sleep is probably an issue for all of them, it didn't affect the other contestants so much they forgot how to count though. I think the idea of this competition is to see who can handle the pressure. Chefs often work very long hours, so operating on a lack of sleep is probably something they would have to deal with outside of the show as well. 

I saw the AfterBuzz TV interview today with Rochelle and Anton where they discussed the episode. Anton gave us some insight about Kaisha. He says once he got to know her that she is very passionate about cooking. And he also spoke a little bit about that fight between her and Melanie over the tortellini thing.

Scott's nomination was a petty one. He zoned out? When was that? If they wanted to get rid of him just because he was on the blue team, they should have nommed Anton, at least they could blame him for the tortellini. There was no way he was going out. But I agree with everyone else, the other 3 should have all gone home. The more I see, the more I think Kaisha is mentally impaired. Seriously, who the hell is going to give her a head chef job? Her staff would be standing there trying to figure out what she's mush mouthing to them. 

I thought Joy was the foregone winner, but now Rochelle is sneaking in there as a contender. Unless she really does have an epic meltdown next week, I could see her having a legit shot. I'm not even sure there's going to be 6 getting black jackets though. Joy, Rochelle, Melanie…. and 3 more? That's a scary thought right there. 

I love Rochelle. I like Joy okay. The rest I loathe. Even though Scott didn't really mess anything up last night I just can't stand him. There's something so whiny and passive aggressive about him that I'd like to lock him in a box with Keisha so mush mouth can beat the hell out of him.

All three should have been eliminated...that would have been awesome, even if it meant keeping Scott. I do agree that Sandra handled her elimination with some class...shockingly so!

I like the dark shop challenge...thought it was pretty clever.

(edited)

My prediction for black jackets is Joy, Rochelle, and Melanie from the girls and Anton, Jason, and maybe Scott or Richard for the guys. No way Keisha or Gabriel is getting a black jacket.

Edited by BogoGog24

I understand guys aren't really into the whole spa thing but I found Jason's attitude towards the prize extremely ungracious.

I agree and I should have said as much in my original comment.  I did understand why he didn't like the prize but, yeah, he behaved very badly and childishly about it.  No class at all. 

• Love 1

I agree and I should have said as much in my original comment.  I did understand why he didn't like the prize but, yeah, he behaved very badly and childishly about it.  No class at all. 

There's no middle ground with these people. It's either the GREATEST PRIZE EVER or something to complain bitterly about. No one's ever shown saying "Indoor skydiving? That was nice, I guess. I wasn't really into it, but it's hard to judge from just doing something for a minute. I guess I liked getting out of the dorms, though."

• Love 1
(edited)

Besides, Ramsay talked a little about this in the british version of KN. I don't know if he still does, but he used to arrange that kind of outing for his staff regularly to get them thinking of themselves as a team. If these people actually believe they have a shot at the job, why would they make a point of not being willing to play?

Edited by Julia

I cannot stand Melanie and haven't for weeks. I'm not sure why though.

Nor can I.  Part of it is that I can't stand her nervous tic of chewing on her lip.  It grates.  But mostly b/c she's very manipulative, like she was with Keisha tonight and not unloading the truck.

Rochelle is the 'Mary the butcher' of this season. Joy is no longer the obvious leader, though.

Jason's been a douche throughout. He's a cook, but he's not a leader.

Only surprise about Sandra leaving is that it took so long. Gabriel, who apparently can't count as well as being a liar, should be tossed out.

I'm not opposed to Melanie but I agree there's something about her that's a bit off putting. I think it's because she seems emotionless or unsympathetic a lot of the time. Kaisha is full out screaming at her and bawling her eyes out and Melanie does nothing. Usually when someone gets emotional like that, the other person starts to as well. It's like Melanie didn't feel bad at all about making Kaisha upset or making her cry. And she didn't try to help lift the stuff from the truck either. In her talking heads she always seems kind of blasé and "whatever" type of attitude. Even when she speaks she has this very monotone way of talking, like she sounds bored, disinterested, or couldn't care less about anything. I think she is one of the strongest chefs on the Red Team but she just doesn't seem likable, relatable, or a team player. 

• Love 2

In the beginning, Sandra seemed like the toughest no-BS person. By the end, she was crying at every. Little. Thing. "OH MY GAWD MY LAMB I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT!" Holy moly, dramatic much?

She needed to go. A lot of these people need to go sometimes just because it seems like if they stayed even longer they would eventually break--kind of like Ink Master where one of them really did stay too long and cracked, getting violent with one of the judges.

I can only hope the final doesn't come down to Anton & Kaisha...can't stand the way either of them speak!  Anton's gravel throat hurts my ears and trying to understand mush-mouth Kaisha without subtitles hurts my brain.  I can't imagine spending more than 5 minutes in either one's presence.

• Love 1