Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: A Thousand Words

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

This whole damn episode was stupid.  I have a sneaking suspicion that ABBY was supposed to be the fangurrl in this spisode and not "Bish"  Can  you imagine Kate or Ziva acting that way?   Bishop is too naïve to be a federal agent and Gibbs is blind to it because she's his current "designated daughter figure"

Also, if "Ritz" is such a hero(ine), remember that the guy whose career she ruined COMMITTED SUICIDE and the guy who was posing as her was MURDERED.

• Love 9

I have been a huge fan of NCIS since the first episode, and have seen every one of them.  I think this is the worst episode they have ever aired.  It seems that the characters are regressing in their maturity, and they are feeding off of each other in their behavior.  Even Tony exhibited more maturity and professionalism on his worst days for the most part.  Has the writing staff been replaced?

• Love 10

In agreement with the above, all of it.  

Even with the dumbing down of Bishop, I'm not sure where her "goat yoga" and getting other agents to do goat yoga, ... has the shining star city on the Potomac gone goat shite crazy?  Now she's a painter who loves and admires graffiti. 

Mark Harmon just said his usual phrase, but substituted a Credit Union, for "we've got a dead Marine".  

Forget about calling Abby 2.0,  just call her Ms. Watson.  Such a reservoir of sophisticated equipment, all state of the art, all tested with standards so it can be used in court testimony.  

Tim came across as normal and even "we shouldn't be talking about this at the office".  

Any episode where multiple people say "You can never have too many flamingos", never had a chance.

• Love 6

Wow.  Apparently I should post this over in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, but I really liked last night's episode. 

I appreciated that the case-of-the-week was completely different and a bit out of the box.  Every once in a while, our dour old NCIS show throws us a light-hearted episode, and often during those episodes, the characters are pretty fast and loose versions of themselves.  I thought the misdirection of the goat yoga at the top of the episode, and Gibbs's blank-but-withholding-amusement looks at Torres, and Torres's nervous explanations were hysterical.   The bank manager with her "one more moment" finger, the geeky white boy security guard bopping around to rap music, the stereotypically bearded hipster gallery manager....  The guest characters were hilarious.  I also liked how the ending left us wondering if Ritz was really Ritz.  That painting of Gibbs and Bishop was pretty awesome too. 

Gibbs's line of "It's been a while" when Jack was musing about how anybody could be the "Dread Pirate Roberts" was a fantastic callback to that episode where there was that terrorist guy who trained up his successor then rode off to retirement.

Soooo....  I liked it.  But my tastes are notoriously low-brow and shallow.

• Love 7

It was totally unrealistic that a corporate CEO would show up to an interrogation without a lawyer. But what is even more unrealistic is that the chief of staff to a disgraced senator, who was caught taking bribes from the oil and gas industry, would be reduced to taking a telemarketing job. In this day and age, the oil and gas industry would just give him a high paying job as a corporate lobbyist.

• Love 6

I read that last scene as Bishop is the new Gibbs. She paints in her basement = Gibbs building boats in basement; artist coming down basement steps to talk to Bishop = just about everyone visiting Gibbs’ basement; Bishop’s front door being unlocked for Torres; Gibbs door always unlocked; and maybe others I missed. Did I read too much into it?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, may flowers said:

I read that last scene as Bishop is the new Gibbs. She paints in her basement = Gibbs building boats in basement; artist coming down basement steps to talk to Bishop = just about everyone visiting Gibbs’ basement; Bishop’s front door being unlocked for Torres; Gibbs door always unlocked; and maybe others I missed. Did I read too much into it?

I had the same thought.

McGhee’s and Torres comments about the rave should have been reversed.  McGhee says Tuesday afternoon is a terrible  time for a rave. Torres says any time is terrible for a wave. McGhee says Torres is going to the wrong raves. Is there a single commenter here that can picture McGhee at a rave?  

• Love 5

I was just so ticked off when Torres kept whining about it just being a wall theft, nothing to see here, folks, move along. He should be reprimanded, if not fired. It's so unprofessional how he assumes the least so he won't have to exert himself. Gibbs is constantly having to get on them to do their jobs -- they are like little kids who just want to play. In regards to that, I was glad Bishop didn't take up the offer to paint earlier in the episode while she was on the clock (and wearing a white sweater). 

My favorite part was Gibbs eyeing that girl. He read her accurately from the start; no one else did.

• Love 1

Yeah, have to agree with the majority here.  This episode was a jumbled mess. 

I initially did like the out of the box thinking on the door itself being the target, not the credit union/bank itself.  And I did laugh when Gibbs was taking pictures of that painting with his flip phone.  But other than that, I didn't really like most of that episode. 

Goat yoga?  Is that even a thing?   That should have been worth a head-slap to Torres in itself.  And I bet you most anything that Bishop's (Bish's?) painting skills will totally be forgotten about for the rest of the season.  And that ending was weird too. 

As someone else mentioned, I wondered if they had an entirely different writing staff for this episode.  Was it a vacation day or something for the regular writers?  It almost seemed like each character was saying the other character's lines for much of the show.  Or just random lines for that matter. 

• Love 2
On 11/14/2018 at 8:17 AM, basiltherat said:

Also, if "Ritz" is such a hero(ine), remember that the guy whose career she ruined COMMITTED SUICIDE and the guy who was posing as her was MURDERED.

The guy whose career was ruined committed suicide after Ritz exposed that he was taking payoffs.  I don't think that's much of a loss unless you agree with his former chief of staff that sometimes you get dirty in politics.  More scummy politicians should commit suicide.

• Love 1

Yes, goat yoga is a thing. I thought the episode was just okay. I do wonder if Bishop and Torres are an item. Or headed that way. I like Kasey. I don’t miss Abby as much as I thought I would. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 1

My takeaway from the ending is that Bishop discovers she’s attracted to Ritz and they become a thing. They were definitely eyeing each other...

agree with everyone who said the current batch of agents (minus Tim) are way too immature for this job. Torres wants to do the least amount of work possible while playing macho man. Bishop feeds off him. And I haven’t seen a single Gibbs smack all season. If anyone needs it, it’s Torres!

• Love 3

I believe the "goat yoga" goats are special citified pygmy goats which have never seen, nor carvorted in, your average barnyard.  I'm sure they live in lovely indoor paddocks with rubber stable mats on the floor and maybe a corral with artificial turf for their outdoor exercise needs.  There is probably staff to shampoo them to remove the distinctive, uh, "eau de chevre" and manicure their sharp little hooves. 

But yeah.  It is a thing.  People pay extra for this thing.  The world is weird.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, mythoughtis said:
On 11/20/2018 at 1:18 PM, HurricaneVal said:

But yeah.  It is a thing.  People pay extra for this thing.  The world is weird

I do yoga. I can’t imagine anything peaceful about goats being around me when I’m doing those positions. 

Goat Yoga  with some prices, some pictures and some video of baby goats jumping on people who are paying to have goats jump on them.

• Love 1

I just watched this.  I didn't realize it was a rerun.  I hate when they give long-term characters out of nowhere character traits.  We've never heard anything about Bishop being an artist.  If she said that she had used to paint in high school, or college, or before she got married, I would have rolled with it.  But, no, this was her grand passion until Reeves died.  Because they were so super close.  Eye roll.  Unless they meant that other guy that she went on a few dates with and then went rogue over.  I like to pretend that didn't happen.

• Love 1

Speaking of the goat yoga, I volunteer at the local humane society and they had posters up about cat yoga.  I thought they were going to have cats doing yoga.  But apparently it's like the goat thing.  You do yoga with cats on you.  I think it's bizarre.

I didn't realize it was a rerun, but that would explain Bishop's "old" hair...

I thought that it was disjointed, and did get a "vibe" between Ritz (?) and Bishop-not sure if it was friends or more.

18 hours ago, Katy M said:

I just watched this.  I didn't realize it was a rerun.  I hate when they give long-term characters out of nowhere character traits.  We've never heard anything about Bishop being an artist.  If she said that she had used to paint in high school, or college, or before she got married, I would have rolled with it.  But, no, this was her grand passion until Reeves died.  Because they were so super close.  Eye roll.  Unless they meant that other guy that she went on a few dates with and then went rogue over.  I like to pretend that didn't happen.

In one of her first episodes, Bishop used to draw. She was "good, but not Kate good." 

She also seems a lot more broken up about Reeves dying then she was when her supposed boyfriend died also from a gunshot wound.