Type keyword(s) to search

Two And A Half Men - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Lyndsey's hypocrisy knows no bounds.  She says she would just be shocked if any of her friends were interested in Alan, and yet she can't seem to remember all the times she threw bitchfits whenever he dated anyone else.

The fact that these writers keep bringing this trash-heap of a character back just proves that they really do hate women.

I can't believe I actually had a tear rolling down my face when Walden thought he lost Louis. I was mad as HELL at Lorre for pulling some shit like that - Good thing it got fixed real quick..

But Alan's shameless sexual escapades are grating on my nerves...They're not funny anymore.

• Love 1
Walden joins a support group for adoptive fathers, and learns it's nice to be away from Alan.

Last episode felt like a series finale, so they're probably just filling the last few episodes with more of the same old...  

But I'm going down with this ship anyway.

Didn't like this one too much. The group was annoying, with far too many lazy jokes about wives. The guy from Malcolm In The Middle looked good though. He's lost a lot of weight.

Also, didn't like Louis's lines this week. They reminded me of something Jake would have said. I prefer him as a shy kid.

• Love 1

Can the Dad's Support Group come back one more time?  I thought they were the funniest thing in this episode.  Alan and Walden were kinda "meh" but Berta and Louis were cute as usual.  Berta seems to really like that little boy.  I thought she was rather motherly towards Louis.  I like seeing this softer side of Berta.  Sometimes Berta's humor is too sharp and sarcastic, but glad to see that she really tones it down for Louis.  Louis is adorable!

Episode felt a little blah too me, except for all the guys in the support group.  I guess the remaining episodes are all going to be fillers until the last episode.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that Charlie and Jake will come back for the series finale!

This was the episode that best demonstrated why the whole premise with Alan and Walden never really worked. With Charlie it was one thing; he more or less "had" to put up with Alan because Alan was his brother. Walden has never "had" to put up with Alan and there's no earthly reason he would have done so for so long given Alan's increasing atrocious behavior. 

They sort of fixed that problem with this marriage thing, but this episode fell back into the old trap where Alan drives Walden so crazy he can't wait to get away from him. Clearly Walden couldn't adopt on his own so it must be that both he and Alan are sharing legal custody of Louis equally. It therefore follows that Walden must acknowledge Alan as an equal and important parent - he can't just have "alone time" with Louis because Alan drives him crazy. 

This whole episode definitely felt like filler, in which they had no idea what to do.

Walden worries about Louis and the adoption process when Alan breaks up with the social worker in hopes of getting back together with Lyndsey.

This show better not give Alan's character a happy ending.  Yuck! 

Edited by Beach Party

I think it's going to end with Alan Louis and possible the social worker (though i don't think so) He'll leave Alan the house, Alan will be all sitting back enjoying himelf when theres a knock on the door, we'll think it's Walden but it'll be Charlie.   I'd actually be surprise if Sheen comes back there's still seems to be a lot of animosity there and Sheens recent dig on twitter makes me think he wanted to come back but Chuck woiuldn't let him.   If he does come back I think it will be as Charlie Sheen and not Charlie Harper, that's why they had Walden say "Charlie Sheen doesn't live here anymore" (unless that was a slip on Ashton's part).

• Love 2
Lyndsey asks Alan to move in with her, but he's not sure it's the right thing to do. Meanwhile, Walden worries that Louis' adoption could be in jeopardy if he breaks up with Ms. McMartin.

With Alan it's understandable.  But does Michael Bolton have no shame?! lol

Bolton! I love his silly cameo appearances.

They seem to be setting them both up to lead separate lives as a finale. I'm betting it won't work out somehow.

I'd like a couple of scenes of Walden being a Dad to Louis. Speaking of which, when Alan ran to the airport and Walden went to Miss McMartin's place, who was watching the little feller?

• Love 1

I'm interested to see whether Alan and Walden will end up apart, with mates, or with each other.

There's probably some half-assed compromise, like Walden buying Alan & chickie the beach house next door.  Cue music.  The End.

Yeah Walden can buy the house next door, move there because he's not getting Alan out of this house, and Louis can visit his two dads anytime by just walking a bit!.

haven't seen any previews but how about this: after being severely tased this week, Alan gets Lindsay back, but at what cost? the taser caused nerve damage that will prevent Alan from having an erection... Lindsay can't take this and leaves anyway...

Alan and Walden now both have a plan to partner up with Lindsey and Ms. McMartin.  So the guys would have to divorce if either wants to remarry.  Would they share custody of Louis if in two different households? Alan didn't seem as invested in fatherhood/adoption as Walden.  Plus after the court hearing, Louis was addressed as Louis Schmidt.  So I wonder if Walden was granted sole adoption ?

Edited by Beach Party

I don't want Charlie back because consequences -- some people need them or their behavior never improves. 

I didn't watch for Charlie.  I watched for Berta, Rose, Kandi, young Jake, and early Alan, before he turned into such a waste of space.  Nobody on TV does physical comedy better than Jon Cryer. 

I have read rumors that Charlie will be back for the finale. However, some sources suggested he would be appearing as Charlie Sheen and not Charlie Harper. I'm already

confused and have no idea what's going to happen. 

I liked Ashton desperately trying no to laugh in the final scene.

I don't want to stick up for Alan, but if Walden is a billionaire, and Alan has enabled him to get a son, I think he could have just given him, say, $10 million as a divorce present.

• Love 1

There's not enoough time to give him a new love interest.  Plus, they're kinda made for each other.

My one wish for the finale is that the writers leave Alan in a positive situation, something that gives us hope for his future as a worthwhile human being.  If that involves a sober Lyndsey, I'm fine with that. 

I like that Walden isn't giving Alan a lot of money.  He'd probably do something stupid and be broke in a week.  Give him the house, or buy him one, but don't leave him where he'll never have to work again. 

He didn't sign the house over to Alan, but he did put his name on the deed. Which means if he didn't specifically will it to someone and died, Alan would get the house.

I don't want to stick up for Alan, but if Walden is a billionaire, and Alan has enabled him to get a son, I think he could have just given him, say, $10 million as a divorce present.

I agree. I don't remember if there was any kind of pre-nup (was there?) because California is a community property state, but even if there was, usually in a pre-nup you do get something in the event of a divorce. Alan did marry him just so he could get a kid, so I think Alan deserves something out of it. Maybe not $10 million but he could easily afford to buy him a nice condo somewhere.

It was funny until the part where CS didn't show up.

The vanity card:

“I know a lot of you might be disappointed that you didn’t get to see Charlie Sheen in tonight’s finale. For the record he was offered a role. Our idea was to haves him walk up to the front door in the last scene, ring the doorbell, then turn, look directly into the camera and go off on a maniacal rant about the dangers of drug abuse. He would then explain that these dangers only apply to average people. That he was far from average. He was a ninja warrior from Mars. He was invincible.

And then we would drop a piano on him. We thought it was funny. He didn’t.

Instead, he wanted us to write a heart-warming scene that would set up his return to primetime TV in a new sitcom called The Harpers starring him and Jon Cryer. We thought that was funny too.”

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 6

And so it ends...

And, as a non-watcher? What. The. Hell.

Non-watcher also. I liked the animated sequence, even when they when they cut back to the present before the flashback resumed. It seemed very meta to me too; mildly amusing.

That was pathetic. If they were trying to stick it to Sheen all they did was show even more how much they needed him. The entire finale was about both Charlie's given his real life stuff they used as "jokes". Sometimes a wink to the audience can be very fun but I hate when shows make jokes about how actually bad it might be or how something just doesn't make sense, because if you're aware why not make it better?! Laughing about it doesn't make things " even" with the audience, at least to me. And there were just waaay too many.

I am glad Jake showed up. I still really enjoy the early episodes. That was the best part of the finale.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7

Loved Jake showing up.  Why not have Charlie show up at the end.  I would have LOVED to see him at least at the end after the piano dropped on Mr Lore with Charlie facing the camera with "winning!"  All the jokes at how the show sucked after Charlie left were funny but they were so true.  I would have loved to see Christian Slater instead of Ashton Kutcher take over as a Charlie Sheen replacement.  That would have been great instead of the stupid storyline of Ashton.  It wasn't until I saw Christian Slater that it sunk in he would have been great.

• Love 2

Boy, the writers still hate CS. I really enjoyed the show before Charlie left, watched it a few times with AK, but wanted to see how they ended it.

Since CS couldn't / wouldn't return, it was ok. Loved the cameos.

LOVED IT!  

I knew we'd hear "Winner!" at some point in the show, and cracked up at Chuck Lorre at the end. 

What was kind of interesting was that the Comedy Channel had a Charlie Sheen roast on at the same time. 

Loved Jake showing up.  Why not have Charlie show up at the end.  I would have LOVED to see him at least at the end after the piano dropped on Mr Lore with Charlie facing the camera with "winning!"

Now I'm confused.  I thought the piano dropped on Charlie (not really him, but someone shown from the rear with the bowling shirt/shorts), followed by Chuck Lorre in the chair, turning and saying "Winning" before being smashed too.

Edited by parisprincess

It dropped on the "Charlie" person and then it showed Chuck Lorre in the chair saying 'winning'.  I would have wanted after Chuck Lorre being smashed to have Charlie, the real, Charlie Sheen turn to the camera and say "winning" as the ending. 

For me Charlie made the show and Chuck Lorre doing the whole winning was a slap to Charlie Sheen.  Charlie who made the whole show. Chuck Lorre is just made it seem like Charlie Sheen was irreplaceable because all those jokes just made him important, lol.

• Love 2

An hour after watching it, it's mostly forgettable. Laughed at the "but Alan never pays for anything" lines and Ahnold's "did he try anger management?" joke. Thought the fact Charlie was held in a pit for four years and did not incite anger at Rose by Alan or Evelyn pathetic. Any human with an ounce of decency would be horrified. Also, Charlie Harper was never shown as being big into coke or bisexuality or beastality. Those jokes were obviously spiteful. I watched hoping to see Sheen. The show made Lorre rich. It would have been great if they let him back on as a thank you to the audience.

• Love 5