Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Trimming the Fat

I could hardly believe that Jeff was going to not drink for two weeks. Holy Bravo crossover. He hired Teddi Mellencamp from RHOBH to hold him accountable! Jeff does not Ike giving up control and Teddi doesn’t succumb to his whining for a drink if he meets his goal weight by Saturday. I personally think he had a drink. He did get his desired 10 lb weight loss but lost his sex drive in the process. Does not having control of everything make you impotent Jeff? Or does it bode well for his relationship with Gage that he needs to be tipsy to have sex? This really makes me wonder why Gage is staying in the relationship. 

I like the painting of Monroe in the workroom over the fireplace. 

• Love 1
(edited)

What gets me is that he thinks that he’s fooling anybody when he wears those gold bracelets when traveling. At $1400 a pop he can always sell them for cash. The were not fancy jewelry. Just like spaghetti around the wrist. Hmmm...money in off shore accounts? Wheeling and dealing in something illegal? Why ever would he mention this on national television? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Liat's husband (can't remember his name) may have more money than brains. He sounded like an idiot when speaking. Every other word was "dude". Isn't he a little too old to be doing wheelies in the yard in his ultra expensive cars? He seems like a huge immature jerk. I also don't understand the appeal of having a 15,000 sq ft house. I guess it is one of those "mine is bigger than yours" things. 

Definitely new or inherited fortune, right?  Complete tool.

Here you go:  https://goldco.com/member/trevor-gerszt/

"Based in Woodland Hills, California, Goldco Precious Metals was founded by Trevor Gerszt in 2006. He wanted to help clients looking to add precious metals to their IRAs."

giphy.gif

Also from another link - 

"Trevor Gerszt is founder and CEO of Goldco Precious Metals, a privately held retirement services firm in Los Angeles specializing in wealth and asset protection. Offering a range of investment accounts including traditional, self-directed and Self Storage IRAs; as well as IRA rollovers, Goldco has been named the #1 gold IRA provider in the U.S. by Inc. 500."

I'll just say that this guy would have had to make me Bill Gates wealthy, for me to view these episodes and feel good about getting in my wallet for him.  There is a fine line between PR/Marketing, and obnoxious displays of wealth.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 10

Liat (what kind of a name is that) and her hubby are trash, no matter how much money they have. 

What nationality are they? Eurotrash for sure. 

I was totally surprised that Jeff gave up drinking for close to 2 weeks! 

Jenni's new house looks amazing. Her husband is a doctor so I'm sure they could afford it. Her little girls are adorable.

The assistant should use some of his money to fix his teeth. 

• Love 4

I think they are Israeli, or she is.

So is Jeff going to get jealous that Jenny got the house that he and Gage couldn't buy?

When Jeff was snarking about his surrogate giving birth, did he think that she gave up drinking for 9 months.  That's almost 38 weeks more than he managed.  But then he couldn't even do 2 weeks.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Am I the only one shocked at how much salt Jeff added to his salad ?  I'm avoiding excessive salt these so I'm just probably more alert but that seem like a lot of salt?

I thought the same thing too. I think it is because he is so use to eating prepared foods and dining out (where most foods are generously seasoned) that his palate thinks that it is bland unless it’s heavily salted. Teddi should have reminded him that sodium holds water and he would have lost more weight by decreasing his intake. Most people eat well over the recommended daily amount. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Am I the only one shocked at how much salt Jeff added to his salad ?

Yes! that was a crazy amount of salt he was shakin'. I didn't realize Jeff drank so much that it was a big deal for him to stop for a couple of weeks. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ninamags said:

Liat (what kind of a name is that)

It’s Hebrew and a lovely name, my college roommate was named Liat.

The looks that Gage was throwing Trevor at the lunch were awesomesauce.

Megan has absolutely gorgeous eyes.

• Love 15

I suspect that Jeff held himself in with Trevor, because, he senses that he's crazier than he is. lol  I do think that Jeff is holding it together better these days.  Time will tell. Hmm.....maybe, we're in for a big one. 

I can't envision the front of that big house that belongs to Trevor and Liat. It seems like a office building.  And, what do you do with all that square footage?  They might should talk to Candy Spelling about that.  It's sort of silly. And, it appears that Liat is staying in a very untenable situation for the sake of getting the big house.  Sad, really.  I don't think that I would seem that sad, if getting my dream home.  Maybe, she knows, it's not going to make her happy.  I saw on line that Liat does some acting. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pickles said:

Liat's husband (can't remember his name) may have more money than brains. He sounded like an idiot when speaking. Every other word was "dude". Isn't he a little too old to be doing wheelies in the yard in his ultra expensive cars? He seems like a huge immature jerk. I also don't understand the appeal of having a 15,000 sq ft house. I guess it is one of those "mine is bigger than yours" things. 

He is some IRA (retirement $) guru.  He founded and CEO of Goldco.  He's a mess, dude!!  I wonder if he's high??  I wouldn't be sure he could get my McDonald's order right!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Am I the only one shocked at how much salt Jeff added to his salad ?  I'm avoiding excessive salt these so I'm just probably more alert but that seem like a lot of salt?

I thought it was pepper.  My husband also puts a lot of pepper on things like salads.  I personally hate black pepper.

Trevor reminded me of some self obsessed Hollywood tool. A producer or something.  Like you would see on Ray Donovan.  I can't see him fitting in here in southern Indiana.

• Love 10

I have to give props to Jeff for knowing how to de-escalate Trevor and for tolerating his aggressive obnoxiousness. I mean, I wanted to punch the guy in the face somewhere around the "you should have seen me doing donuts in the yard in my multiple luxury cars" story.  

The staff banter was pretty evenly dished out in this episode and more funny than mean-spirited, so I enjoyed it. ...but based on the preview it doesn't seem like it will last. Hmmm. Maybe Jeff is better person when he's not drinking!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

Trevor reminded me of some self obsessed Hollywood tool. A producer or something.  Like you would see on Ray Donovan.  I can't see him fitting in here in southern Indiana.

He reminded me of the douchey investor on Silicon Valley.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It definitely won't last. The big break up fight between Jeff and Jenni is coming soon!

It's been coming soon for the past 6 episodes. I wish they would get to it already. This season has been fairly boring, largely because Jeff is generally behaving well - so far.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, laprin said:

It's been coming soon for the past 6 episodes. I wish they would get to it already. This season has been fairly boring, largely because Jeff is generally behaving well - so far.

I know, right? I wonder if he's on anti-depressants or something. He's way to calm, especially with all the issues going on in his life

• Love 1

I thought it was pepper as well, not salt. 

I wonder what time period the season covers. 

I know it was Christmas and then Meghan mentioned a three day weekend. Memorial Day? That seems too much time to cover. 

• Love 1

Trevor seemed like he was in some sort of manic phase. I’m not a doctor, but I have friends who are bipolar and he reminds me of them. 

I disagree that Liat is Euro trash. Not trying to start an argument, but her name is Israeli/Hebrew. IMO, she seems very scared by whatever mental health issue is currently affecting her husband. 

• Love 5
On 11/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, biakbiak said:

It’s Hebrew and a lovely name

Agree 

Edited by artisto
On 11/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, meep.meep said:

So is Jeff going to get jealous that Jenny got the house that he and Gage couldn't buy?

Absolutely!!!  I think this seed of jealousy is what leads to the demise of their friendship.  He was incredulous that she could afford something he couldn’t.

Agree with the theories that Trevor is manic and/or on drugs.  Jeff says he is a completely different person, Jenni says he put Liat “through a lot”, Trevor believes he was super connected to Jeff and Gage when they clearly dont’t want to be around him, and Liat does not want to talk about it on screen; in addition to what was mentioned above.  Not normal behavior.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, laprin said:

Did this episode air yet? (The big reveal of the blow up with Jenni and Jeff? ) Is this just reality TV b.s. so people will still watch? I smell something fishy! I think ratings for this show have dropped to dangerously low levels so maybe this is just a hoax to keep people watching. 

I had to stop watching because I couldn't take any more of Jeff's rude treatment of employees. I've worked at jobs with supervisors/bosses who were mean but never at the level Jeff does. He acts like there's no other home designers to work for but him. So what, you're on a reality show. You're still a big dick head and working for Jeff isn't worth the abuse and mind fucking that he puts upon EVERYONE. 

• Love 4

I agree that Liat doesn't want to discuss what's really going on, but, I would be embarrassed too, to go forward with that kind of monstrosity, when, it's obvious what your husband is like and how things are not right.   It kind of makes me think that she knows the real deal.  And, likely, they will get the house built, split up, place the house on the market and she'll fight for her share of the profits in the property settlement.  Unlikely, she'll ever really live there. 

• Love 1

Jeff made it seem like he was obese when he got on the scale, and then he confessed to Monroe, "Daddy needs to lose TEN POUNDS!!" So he needed to hire an accountability coach for a whopping 10 lbs?! I could have saved him the $500+ jumpstart fee and told him to eat fewer calories and exercise. ?

• Love 4
On 11/7/2018 at 12:11 PM, bichonblitz said:

Yes! that was a crazy amount of salt he was shakin'. I didn't realize Jeff drank so much that it was a big deal for him to stop for a couple of weeks. 

In the earlier seasons they were pretty open with how they end each workday with drinks- I think the entire staff. I think Zoila would make them. 

Teddy was a guest on Jeff's radio show and I think that's how he ended up wanting to do her program, I didn't realize he was only doing 2 weeks though, from his radio show they made it sound like he only lasted 2 weeks and then quit lol

I am super surprised Liat and her husband allowed(?) them to talk about their relationship - and if that became a storyline without them knowing, I wonder how that relationship is now. 

On 11/8/2018 at 12:52 PM, Ninamags said:

I thought it was pepper as well, not salt. 

I wonder what time period the season covers. 

I know it was Christmas and then Meghan mentioned a three day weekend. Memorial Day? That seems too much time to cover. 

Jenni said in an interview that the filming of the show takes seven months.  On his radio show, Jeff said it takes much longer tha the housewife shows because nothing is staged.  On the housewives, all those luncheons, parties, and trips are chosen by the producers to create opportunities for drama.  Jeff said that during most of the filming on Flipping Out, they are just working and nothing happens.   At the end of the seven months, the producers choose the most interesting footage and piece it together to create a coherent story line.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, shoovenbooty said:

Jeff made it seem like he was obese when he got on the scale, and then he confessed to Monroe, "Daddy needs to lose TEN POUNDS!!" So he needed to hire an accountability coach for a whopping 10 lbs?! I could have saved him the $500+ jumpstart fee and told him to eat fewer calories and exercise. ?

Did he hire Teddi Mellencamp? Lol.

And poor Monroe...Jeff is going to nag and belittle her throughout her life if she doesn't look perfect by Jeff's standards. Jeff is an asshole. Hope he doesn't mess up Monroe's confidence and self worth. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

If Trevor's clients haven't watched the TV show American Greed, they need to. Usually the guy living the crazy, opulent lifestyle isn't doing it off his own profits; he's doing it off the investors' money. I'd keep a close eye on that one if I had my money with him.

And I thought Jeff was putting pepper on his salad. That was a neat little contraption.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Did he hire Teddi Mellencamp? Lol.

And poor Monroe...Jeff is going to nag and belittle her throughout her life if she doesn't look perfect by Jeff's standards. Jeff is an asshole. Hope he doesn't mess up Monroe's confidence and self worth. 

Yes, he did hire her! Sounds like she makes a killing, too, getting people to take pics of themselves every day and pics of all of the food that they eat. Cool job. Plus, you get to be a beyotch and get paid. Well, not really a beyotch, just firm, which she was. Good job, Teddi! A fool and his money are soon parted...

• Love 3

I’ve done the “Fat Smash Diet” a few times and it’s a 90 days and pretty intense. You can’t drink the whole time! I did the buddy system with my friend and she couldn’t last 5 days w/out wine! I was so annoyed with HER &Jeff&Megan complaining about the no booze! I was sadder I couldn’t eat cheese. Also I felt good about myself because clearly.....I’m no booze bag!! ?? (I drink wine nightly!?)

On 11/10/2018 at 3:20 PM, jennylauren123 said:

Yes, he did hire her! Sounds like she makes a killing, too, getting people to take pics of themselves every day and pics of all of the food that they eat. Cool job. Plus, you get to be a beyotch and get paid. Well, not really a beyotch, just firm, which she was. Good job, Teddi! A fool and his money are soon parted...

I suspect it may have been suggested to Jeff that another Bravo businessperson might add interest to the show.  So, it fit in okay.  Plus, Jeff doesn't seem to have a very good diet, if his lunch orders are representative of what he really eats.  

• Love 1

Just about died snickering at Megan’s unrepentant eye-daggers thrown the skinny nanny’s way. 

Couldnt help but shrug off Jeff & Gage’s jealousy over Jenni scoring a house they’d coveted. Hey guys, if you really wanted to live large, you shoulda hitched your wagon to an MD. 

That said, the guys’ yearning and disappointment and nascent bitterness  seemed quite genuine. 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 2

The nanny might stay thin eating all of that unhealthy and highly caloric food, but, she still might not be healthy, if she's eating garbage. I know some thin men, who ate anything they wanted for years and stayed thin.  Then, they got hit with major heart attacks in their 40's and 50's.  Oh, the nanny might be thin in her body, but, her face seems very full with a lot of extra fat on the chin, imo.  I do hope they establish healthy eating habits with Monroe.  To me, it's a very kind thing to do for your child and something they will benefit from throughout their lives. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
On 11/9/2018 at 7:48 AM, chenoa333 said:

Did this episode air yet? (The big reveal of the blow up with Jenni and Jeff? ) Is this just reality TV b.s. so people will still watch? I smell something fishy! I think ratings for this show have dropped to dangerously low levels so maybe this is just a hoax to keep people watching. 

I had to stop watching because I couldn't take any more of Jeff's rude treatment of employees. I've worked at jobs with supervisors/bosses who were mean but never at the level Jeff does. He acts like there's no other home designers to work for but him. So what, you're on a reality show. You're still a big dick head and working for Jeff isn't worth the abuse and mind fucking that he puts upon EVERYONE. 

I believe it is a made up fight for tv and ratings and drama.  And to further Jenni's acting career...  

I don't think Jeff is as "rude" off camera as he is on camera.  I think he builds up for effect on the show.  He seems very calculated and would know if/when he was pushing people too far.  And they are paid to be on the show and paid for their work.  I am sure they can separate the feelings when the paycheck comes LOL...  I sure could.

• Love 2