Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, J-R said:

Did anyone else notice Gina's pucker lip pose in several of the pictures from last night?  In my opinion she ruined the Group 1 picture with her pucker face. Fine if everyone is doing it to ham it up for the camera but in the Group 1 picture she was the only one 

I’m sorry for this, but I think she does it often because she absolutely doesn’t photograph well when smiling and she can’t pose for a dcc picture and not be smiling sooo...

I doubt Christina will get cut since she wasn’t cut last year. She’s not the only struggler on the team and she does fine at public speaking. She does give off a bitchy vibe so I trust the negative feedback on appearances, but if it was that obvious I don’t think kelli would be sending her out to so many appearances and kids camps.

Savvy is also safe in my book. Gabby looks fine now and if they don’t want a potential WW vet, then they can’t bring in VK who is guaranteed to end up in WW too. 

Kelli has no reason to make cuts apart from making room for VK, so I hope no one gets cut & Kelli realizes she needs 7 rockstars, not 6 “good enough” and 1 terrible dancer.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Monique said:

Do you feel someone else was deserving of ROTY? 

I feel like we really can’t say whose deserving of either award because we don’t know these women nor what goes on behind the scenes and during the season. 

Haha, very good question. 

To be fair, I did not mean my earlier post to overshadow or ignore the other news (ROTY), but I will not deny having personal favorites other than Caroline. With all that being said, I do agree with your point as we will probably never know EXACTLY what goes on behind the scenes.

I think the reason why I used the word "deserving" with Heather was because she's one of my personal favorites and I like to think that she was due some recognition.

Of course, all just my own personal opinion. ;).

• Love 2

Does anyone know if Lauren will be part of the calendar shoot since she is trying out again or will she go to help out and spend time with the girls. I would love to see her in a one piece swimsuit doing a Farrah pose.

7 hours ago, Follower said:

Wow! Christina has certainly had some work done... 

8D691868-8BAE-4228-B63F-16EFB27FD876.jpeg

I'm clearly in the minority here because I don't see any "work." Most of the time it's the slightest angle that makes people look like they've had something done.

• Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm clearly in the minority here because I don't see any "work." Most of the time it's the slightest angle that makes people look like they've had something done.

Go look at her Insta.  If you look at her various swim suit shots compared to her banquet look, you can see she's definitely had some augmentation.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
46 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Breast augmentation, not face!

• Love 3
(edited)

Re: veterans being cut. Don't Judy and Kelli have a meeting with each cheerleader and sort of spell things out? In the past, we've seen vets get cut that sort of knew it might be coming (i.e. because of weight). We've seen others get cut that were shocked but it's possible they didn't truly listen to the end of year review.

I think they would have warned Christina if she was on the block. She seems smart enough to know the signals.

The show could be really interesting this year if all the vets made it back and we saw a true competition for just 7 spots.   I could see them all wearing one color this year - no more pink and blue in TC. Just to add to the drama they might cut in camp instead of at finals.

Edited by Tuxcat
typos
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Re: veterans being cut. Don't Judy and Kelli have a meeting with each cheerleader and sort of spell things out? In the past, we've seen vets get cut that sort of knew it might be coming (i.e. because of weight). We've seen others get cut that were shocked but it's possible they didn't truly listen to the the end of year review.

I think they would have warned Christina if she was on the block. She seems smart enough to know the signals.

The show could be really interesting this year if all the vets made it back and we saw a true competition for just 7 spots.   I could see them all wearing one color this year - no more pink and blue in TCC. Just to add to the drama they might cut in camp instead of at finals.

Season 5 had all the vets trying out again making it back, but Amy Reese was cut near the end of TC. I am not buying she was cut for weight. She looked fine to me. I do remember rumors saying some of the favorites ratted her out about partying during the swimsuit calendar shoot, and that led to her being cut. It reminds me of Chelsea being cut in Season 8. They used weight as an excuse to call her into the office, but it was her attitude and partying on the weekends which lead to her being cut.

56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 5 had all the vets trying out again making it back, but Amy Reese was cut near the end of TC. I am not buying she was cut for weight. She looked fine to me. I do remember rumors saying some of the favorites ratted her out about partying during the swimsuit calendar shoot, and that led to her being cut. It reminds me of Chelsea being cut in Season 8. They used weight as an excuse to call her into the office, but it was her attitude and partying on the weekends which lead to her being cut.

Yes, I could see a similar season this year. Vets might make it to training camp but they won't be safe.

10 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Her boobs look a little bigger, but yeah, could totally be a good bra. I actually saw something about Victoria's Secret models, and it is amazing how much smaller some of them are without all the push-up apparatus. The only thing significantly different I see is the straighter hair.

20 hours ago, Follower said:

Wow! Christina has certainly had some work done... 

8D691868-8BAE-4228-B63F-16EFB27FD876.jpeg

This really bums me out... I just looked at her Instagram, and she's hardly posted anything since the new year, so it's definitely possible she got breast implants and has been laying low recovering. I just think it's a shame that some of the beautiful, fit girls- like also Kelsey L, get implants when they look gorgeous naturally. Between the fillers and botox and this stuff, its disappointing, IMO. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ooh I would love this storyline of truly deserving rookies fighting for 7 spots and Kelli truly not knowing who to cut. It’s not gonna happen.

They have a good idea who will be on the team by the time finals is over. They probably bring in extra girls to cut and for ratings and drama knowing that these girls have a snow ball chance in heck of making the team period. Kelli knows who she wants to cut, but CMT loves to keep certain girls in TC by using the poor girl for their own ratings game *cough Malena cough*

Poor Kaime from Season 4 thought she was a shoo in because they brought her back after the two sisters left. She was just a new ratings and show idea ploy. Rumors were floating around she thought she made the team so she did not want to work for it and Kelli and Judy did not want to bring her back, and they did not care for her. I say it was CMT and Charlotte calling the shots on the whole idea. These poor girls do not see what is really going on because they buy what is being told to them by Kelli, Charlotte, and CMT, or they do not care because being a DCC is such a wonderful and amazing privilege and honor only a few lucky ladies would get to experience something so special in their lifetime.

(edited)

I know this is random, but I was watching a couple of videos from this season and I have a strong feeling that Gina is going to be point. I don't mind at all because I love her, but just a strong feeling. However, my first choice for point would be Heather, so really hope it's her! Gina is deff my second pick for point even though I think it will be her.

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Re: veterans being cut. Don't Judy and Kelli have a meeting with each cheerleader and sort of spell things out? In the past, we've seen vets get cut that sort of knew it might be coming (i.e. because of weight). We've seen others get cut that were shocked but it's possible they didn't truly listen to the end of year review.

In season 12 (2017) they showed a few girls called in before auditions. I recall  Jenna and Kelsey and there might've been a few more. Mandy was supposedly called in for weight and was upset it was being filmed that she quit. That was edited out.

• Love 2

And then they have a girl like Keyra who was probably on thin ice for being late to two appearances and might have been given strong hints not to try out again, but she does and ends up being cut. In cases like this one, it is on the girl and not Kelli, Judy and the other judges. I think Judy had her number the minute she made it to TC.

I do remember rumors were floating around about Jasmine. Someone said she was not going to try out again, but CMT convinced her to try out anyway. She ended up with a bad solo and bad field performance, gaining weight and being cut in order for CMT to film a three year vet being cut.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, ATLGirl said:

LAUREN B!! Seeing you made my day! I was so worried you were gone for good. You’ve always been such a bright spot in here.😊

So I have to ask this. Has Season 14 been agreed on with CMT? Have you heard anything at all???

aw you're sweet 🙂 I am tentatively back-ish anyway.  

As far as I know, there will be another season but I guess something could change.  I follow Natalie (from early seasons) on IG, the one who works for CMT and the show, and she had something quite recently showing her and one of the cameramen filming, saying something about being back behind the camera, auditions right around the corner.  Not sure what the point of filming that would be if they weren't going to have more episodes.  I suppose it could be an old picture.  

I can't imagine Kelli would want to miss the opportunity for the drama of VK re-auditioning and so many vets coming back and the painful cuts that could lead to.  i'm not so worried for rookies as I am the girls going into their third year.  There is an undeniable tendency for K&J to love a girl one year and not the next. Anything is possible, really.  

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

aw you're sweet 🙂 I am tentatively back-ish anyway.  

As far as I know, there will be another season but I guess something could change.  I follow Natalie (from early seasons) on IG, the one who works for CMT and the show, and she had something quite recently showing her and one of the cameramen filming, saying something about being back behind the camera, auditions right around the corner.  Not sure what the point of filming that would be if they weren't going to have more episodes.  I suppose it could be an old picture.  

I can't imagine Kelli would want to miss the opportunity for the drama of VK re-auditioning and so many vets coming back and the painful cuts that could lead to.  i'm not so worried for rookies as I am the girls going into their third year.  There is an undeniable tendency for K&J to love a girl one year and not the next. Anything is possible, really.  

You mean Kelli and Charlotte making the final decision. Judy has less of a say so in who does and does not make it to TC or on the squad.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

You mean Kelli and Charlotte making the final decision. Judy has less of a say so in who does and does not make it to TC or on the squad.

i'm not talking about final say so. i'm talking about who they like and treat well. girls have still been on the squad but in the doghouse/fallen from grace.  this past year was proof of that. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i'm not talking about final say so. i'm talking about who they like and treat well. girls have still been on the squad but in the doghouse/fallen from grace.  this past year was proof of that. 

Interesting... Any hints on who might be in the doghouse/fallen from grace. Thanks for any info.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't see the dove of peace formed in the last "C". Can someone point it out to me? TIA

I couldn't either until someone helped me.  

pinky ring dove.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Cianna reminds me of Megan F.

She does.

Not a flattering picture of Hannah. She reminds me of Marcia Cross (Melrose Place, Desperate Housewives).

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Brennan's outfit leaves a lot to be desired. Who is the blonde with the pretty pink and white dress on?

I think it's Daphne.  The one in the white pantsuit(?) Is that Bridget or Amber? 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They have a good idea who will be on the team by the time finals is over. They probably bring in extra girls to cut and for ratings and drama knowing that these girls have a snow ball chance in heck of making the team period. Kelli knows who she wants to cut, but CMT loves to keep certain girls in TC by using the poor girl for their own ratings game *cough Malena cough*

Interesting, what makes you think CMT was behind Malena staying around? The story during training camp from the insiders was that she was a Kelli favorite and would’ve made the team had Charlotte allowed Kelli to take 2 extra girls. That seemed to be the case from what was shown on the show as well - Malena is the exact type that Kelli seems to love (in terms of looks and presentation). 

In general though (not related to the above post), I don’t really buy that CMT is behind certain girls trying out or making it. I do believe that K&J bring in a few girls who they know won’t make it for an easy cut, but I think Kelli and Charlotte lay the foundation for the storylines (which girls CMT should follow at auditions, who is a struggler, who will get the redemption storyline, who gets made to look like an idiot, etc), and CMT just puts it into motion. If CMT was truly in charge, there’s no way Erica’s cut wouldn't have been on the show (well known vet gets cut for a rule violation at the eleventh hour of training camp - that’s drama!). 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Interesting, what makes you think CMT was behind Malena staying around? The story during training camp from the insiders was that she was a Kelli favorite and would’ve made the team had Charlotte allowed Kelli to take 2 extra girls. That seemed to be the case from what was shown on the show as well - Malena is the exact type that Kelli seems to love (in terms of looks and presentation). 

In general though (not related to the above post), I don’t really buy that CMT is behind certain girls trying out or making it. I do believe that K&J bring in a few girls who they know won’t make it for an easy cut, but I think Kelli and Charlotte lay the foundation for the storylines (which girls CMT should follow at auditions, who is a struggler, who will get the redemption storyline, who gets made to look like an idiot, etc), and CMT just puts it into motion. If CMT was truly in charge, there’s no way Erica’s cut wouldn't have been on the show (well known vet gets cut for a rule violation at the eleventh hour of training camp - that’s drama!). 

https://www.rd.com/culture/13-secrets-reality-tv-show-producers-wont-tell-you/

In most competition shows, a clause in the contract says the producer—not the judges—has the final say in who’s eliminated. The judges usually make the picks, but producers do step in occasionally and say, “This person is really good for the show; I don’t want him kicked off just yet.”

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

If I remember from what insiders said, Kelli initially wanted to expand the squad to 40 last year, mainly so Victoria and Malena would have a spot, even if that meant keeping two other girls that they would have preferred to cut.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was a combination of things that made Charlotte clamp down and say absolutely not.  It being a budget issue is a convenient way to get rid of girls that could cause issues in one way or another.  As much as we saw Kelli do everything in her power to keep Victoria and Malena, it wasn't going to happen after Charlotte's "no".

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

In general though (not related to the above post), I don’t really buy that CMT is behind certain girls trying out or making it.

I don't even come close to buying it.  From what I recall Kelli is executive producer for MTT, so the "CMT is behind it" accusation only goes that far.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

https://www.rd.com/culture/13-secrets-reality-tv-show-producers-wont-tell-you/

In most competition shows, a clause in the contract says the producer—not the judges—has the final say in who’s eliminated. The judges usually make the picks, but producers do step in occasionally and say, “This person is really good for the show; I don’t want him kicked off just yet.”

I’m sure that’s the case in a standard competition show like “ So You Think You Can Dance” or “American Idol.” I doubt Charlotte, who is all about the Cowboys brand is handing over final control of the team to CMT.  This is pure speculation on my part, but I think Charlotte would tell the CMT reps to go screw themselves if they wanted final say on who makes the team. The DCCs were around long before the show came around and will be long after.  I actually don’t think the show is all that comparable to a show like Americans Next Top Model for instance. 

11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If I remember from what insiders said, Kelli initially wanted to expand the squad to 40 last year, mainly so Victoria and Malena would have a spot, even if that meant keeping two other girls that they would have preferred to cut.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was a combination of things that made Charlotte clamp down and say absolutely not.  It being a budget issue is a convenient way to get rid of girls that could cause issues in one way or another.  As much as we saw Kelli do everything in her power to keep Victoria and Malena, it wasn't going to happen after Charlotte's "no".

Yeah, I’m curious as to why Charlotte put her foot down. She seemed to be on the VK train, so it’s possible that once it became clear that they couldn’t reasonably get VK on the team, she wasn’t going to authorize additional spots for two other girls not named Victoria. Regardless, nothing suggests that CMT or anyone but Kelli was behind her love of Malena. Kelli gets a favorite or 2 each year and tries her hardest to overlook their faults. Malena was one of those girls last year. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m sure that’s the case in a standard competition show like “ So You Think You Can Dance” or “American Idol.” I doubt Charlotte, who is all about the Cowboys brand is handing over final control of the team to CMT.  This is pure speculation on my part, but I think Charlotte would tell the CMT reps to go screw themselves if they wanted final say on who makes the team. The DCCs were around long before the show came around and will be long after.  I actually don’t think the show is all that comparable to a show like Americans Next Top Model for instance. 

Bear with me, I'm about to use an overused phrase that often makes me nuts but this time it feels so appropriate:  YASSSSS!!!

I literally said the exact same thing in an off board convo.  Yes, Producers do have a say in things on any production.  But never over the Client.  No way do I feel Charlotte is going to let CMT have full reign over herself or the Cowboys organization.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m sure that’s the case in a standard competition show like “ So You Think You Can Dance” or “American Idol.”

Right.  For example, I'm sure nobody believes it's just a coincidence that the "villain" always stays way past her welcome on The Bachelor.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Taylor's dress looks like a nightgown.

Brennan's looks like a mini wedding dress. Back in the 70s they did make short wedding dresses. 

Brennan's dress wins the, um, least pretty of the night, for me. It looks like she ran into some kind of wedding veil netting that was in the process of being made into Casey Musgrave shirt-curtains. Yikes.

Love Judy's dress! I think Khalyn, Daphne, and Kashara's dresses also look great on them.

And I agree, DCC PTB have show producer powers, not the network. Those are going to be a tough 7-9 spots to earn this year! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DanceChick said:

I think some of our/your "insiders" are full of crap, personally. They seem to repeat the same stories/rumors over and over trying to get people to believe them when there's no evidence.

I think that's kind of the point of the "insiders"... they know what they know and just because people on some forum don't know every detail, that doesn't make it any less valid. We're all free to believe insiders information or not, but please expect that when "inside information" breaks, we're not going to get every detail or even any substantiating proof for several reasons. Either you believe it or you don't.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, go4luca said:

To be clear, I never said I hated Maddie.  I just don't see her as point.  

🙂I never said that you said that....BUT a lot of people in this forum have totally ragged on Maddie...that was the basis for my comment.  🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think that's kind of the point of the "insiders"... they know what they know and just because people on some forum don't know every detail, that doesn't make it any less valid. We're all free to believe insiders information or not, but please expect that when "inside information" breaks, we're not going to get every detail or even any substantiating proof for several reasons. Either you believe it or you don't.

And when people constantly argue with the "insiders", those "insiders" decide to leave the Forum. Some of us like to hear what they have to say...

• Useful 1
  • Love 23