Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

It's the editing she's always complaining about. She went and bought a $3000 vacuum and used it for 14 seconds solely to spite us.

I'm so sick of them doing this. Like how in the last episode, Leah told Ali she has to walk first before using the wheelchair, which is the exact opposite of what Dr. Tsao said. Leah and Corey both seem to have this "we're the parents we know best" mentality, which is not exactly true. Do they love Ali more than Dr. Tsao does? Of course. Do they know Ali's personality and regular routine better than he does? Sure. But do they know more about the way that the human body works, or the likely progression of her disorder? No. Have they done any additional research outside of the first three results that pop up on Google? Probably not. Therefore, they don't actually know what's best. Dr. Tsao does. They should listen to him.

ha - probably right about the vacuum.

I am starting to think part of it's "we're the parents we know best," but I also think they honestly either aren't hearing or aren't retaining what Dr. Tsao says to them in appointments, which I know is a common problem when people get overwhelmed with medical stuff. Maybe they need to tape it on their phones or something so they can listen to it several times. In the last episode when Leah was all proud of getting the wheelchair finally, she was explaining to her friend in the car why Ali needed it and she kept just kind of rambling and almost contradicting herself until she finally said something along the lines of "or something like that."  (I don't have it recorded anymore or I'd watch it again). It was clear, to my anyway, that she just didn't get it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, NikSac said:

It was clear, to my anyway, that she just didn't get it.

Especially considering some of her first words about it were telling Ali she needs to "try to walk first", this seems in direct contradiction to what Dr Tsao said.  

I think both Leah and Corey love Ali; I will never understand why they'd let her do without that wheelchair for so long.  

• Love 6

Can they not take notes?  I would think it's pretty normal when you are dealing with a serious medical condition to come prepared with questions you have and to take notes while you're there.  Can they read and write?

• Love 7

I actually laughed out loud when I saw Leah with that vacuum. My first thought was they must have gotten it from the prop department and an MTV crewmember had to turn it on for her. In all the years of watching this show, this is the most I've seen Leah do any kind of domestic chore, ever. Even when she was in the kitchen getting bacon-slapped, Jermy was doing the cooking.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

Leah and Corey both seem to have this "we're the parents we know best" mentality, which is not exactly true. 

God I hate this being a thing now. "I'm a mom so I know" is such a terrible phrase when it comes to actual things, yet is used when it comes to medical advice, or education, or whatever other thing that mom wants to justify.

But as far as Corey benefiting by comparison, it is true, however what really makes a "Great" mom or dad? There is no true answer, and most people are good parents,  and everyone has that one or two things they've done that other parents will judge them for. No one is perfect. Corey and Chelsea and Maci are doing fine, whereas Jenelle and Leah are fucking it up. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Especially considering some of her first words about it were telling Ali she needs to "try to walk first", this seems in direct contradiction to what Dr Tsao said.  

I think both Leah and Corey love Ali; I will never understand why they'd let her do without that wheelchair for so long.  

They're just not getting it. There was no reason for Ali to have to walk all the time with no reprieve. They could have at least gotten a cheap wheelchair, even a manual one for them to push her around in, while the fancy Wheelmaster Rex 5000 or whatever it's called is being repaired. Corey and Leah both love their daughters and want the best for them, I know they do, but they need to either get their heads out of the sand or educate themselves a little more about what's going on with Aliannah because they're just not doing this right. There's no excuse for her to be falling down five, six times a day because she's had no choice but to walk on her own. There are choices. They're just not making a responsible enough effort to make them.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, poopchute said:

Can they not take notes?  I would think it's pretty normal when you are dealing with a serious medical condition to come prepared with questions you have and to take notes while you're there.  Can they read and write?

I honestly am not sure.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5

They don't really need to take notes, though. They are being filmed for a show at these appointments. I'm sure they could request an unedited copy of the visits for their personal use. I can't imagine anyone not honoring that request. 

I'm not in their situation so I don't really have an opinion on what they should or shouldn't be doing. Just pointing out they have the unique opportunity to review the medical advice at any time. That, to me, would be priceless. 

• Love 5
On 5/3/2016 at 7:02 PM, DangerousMinds said:

No sex before marriage, but divorce seems to be A-OK.

I'm from Texas,  not sure if that's considered the "Deep South". My siblings were all married by 18, 19, 20 and had kids .  My sister had pre-marital sex but ended up getting married shortly after giving birth.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that living in a rural community where religion is very dominant. Education for poor, rural folks is not considered a priority (including sex education ). So what are you going to do when you're 18 in a small hick town  and have little education and don't plan on going to college?   Your only option is to work,  find a spouse and settle down, really.

For me, I was raised in the Northeast the majority of my life,  where education is highly valued and religion is secondary.  I have a degree,  I'm childless-by-choice and I have  a career.  All of my friends are the same way.  My life and values  are vastly different than my siblings who live in the South. I'm a great-aunt now and I'm only in my early 30s because my siblings had kids young, their kids have kids now. My siblings refer to me as an "old maid" because I didn't get married at 18.

For someone like Leah or Chelsea,  it's socially acceptable to have kids super young and get married and then divorced a few times. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

For someone like Leah or Chelsea,  it's socially acceptable to have kids super young and get married and then divorced a few times. 

In Leah's neck of the woods, multiple marriages is probably a real feather in your cap. If multiple men want to marry you, you must be pretty desirable. And how would you ever know if you just stuck to your first husband?

• Love 9

I guess the thing with Corey is that he has shown maturity right from the get-go.  I know that he was older than Leah when she got pregnant (he was 20 IIRC) but he was more mature than the rest of them put together.  He married Leah because he thought that it was the right thing to do and put up with her whinging and crying because he thought that it was best for the girls to be raised in one household.  Then when Leah cheated, he was big enough to realise that it wouldn't be fair to punish the girls for her mistakes so he kept paying for the house and basically for everything that went in their mouths since Leah wasn't working. He would have been easy to give into his hurt feelings about how Leah didn't respect their marriage and say "deal with it yourself".  Unlike almost every other adult on TM2, he doesn't bash his ex on TV or social media.  He got an actual job so that he could support himself and the girls and essentially Leah (are you listening Leah/Jenelle/Adam/Jo/Nathan?). 

Yeah this is all stuff that a dad should do.  But why can't we appreciate the fact that he has consistently put the girls first despite his feelings about their mother, never used them as pawns and now is prepared to negotiate with Leah on making sure that the girls are happy?  We praise Chelsea and Kail for being good mothers despite their faults, so why can't we praise Corey?

• Love 13

I do think Corey is a good dad. But I admit I've wondered if he's a good dad partly because of his feelings for their mother, not in spite of feelings for their mother. If Corey felt the disdain for Leah that say, Ryan feels for Maci, I wonder if he still would have stepped up the way he did. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I do think Corey is a good dad. But I admit I've wondered if he's a good dad partly because of his feelings for their mother, not in spite of feelings for their mother. If Corey felt the disdain for Leah that say, Ryan feels for Maci, I wonder if he still would have stepped up the way he did. 

While I agree that Corey was sprung on Leah from their first roll in the pick up truck (where for her it was rebound sex), I think he would be a the type of father he's been no matter what. Some of the conversations they've shown with him and his Dad lead me to believe this. 

Yes I do think his sexual/romantic attachment to Leah is what caused him to go back and forth with her, but Corey's character is such his treatment of his daughter stems from that. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, poopchute said:

Those damn schools aren't well, so I'm sure their readin', 'ritin' and 'rithmetic skills aren't much to brag about. I can just imagine Leah in the Dr's office with a Lisa Frank notebook and pink pen, writing down

"evrythin is Kori Tyler's fault"

"Dr Sow says the willchair wont work if it aint pink"

"Cheezeballs will help Ali-girl's mussle strenth"

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, truelovekiss said:

Those damn schools aren't well, so I'm sure their readin', 'ritin' and 'rithmetic skills aren't much to brag about. I can just imagine Leah in the Dr's office with a Lisa Frank notebook and pink pen, writing down

Please give them both subtitles, MTV!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, truelovekiss said:

haha!  This would be why I recommended recording it on their phones.

10 hours ago, MissMel said:

They don't really need to take notes, though. They are being filmed for a show at these appointments. I'm sure they could request an unedited copy of the visits for their personal use. I can't imagine anyone not honoring that request. 

I'm not in their situation so I don't really have an opinion on what they should or shouldn't be doing. Just pointing out they have the unique opportunity to review the medical advice at any time. That, to me, would be priceless. 

That is a very, very good point. I can't imagine MTV not giving it to them for personal use. Unless the whole appointment isn't filmed, that would be even better. Although even just the parts that are filmed AND edited down for us to see tell us more than what Corey and Leah seem to be comprehending, so really, anything's an improvement.

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

While I agree that Corey was sprung on Leah from their first roll in the pick up truck (where for her it was rebound sex), I think he would be a the type of father he's been no matter what. Some of the conversations they've shown with him and his Dad lead me to believe this. 

Yes I do think his sexual/romantic attachment to Leah is what caused him to go back and forth with her, but Corey's character is such his treatment of his daughter stems from that. 

Re: Corey:  I agree. Corey seems to have had a good, sold, male role model in his life, as far as I can tell.  When Ali's disability first came to light, I thought Corey's attitude was not one of ignorance or naivete', but suggested that he had something deeper --  his words, though few, suggested he had faith that all would be well with her. (I think some of Corey's faith that Ali would be okay comes from Jeff.) This childlike perspective endeared him to me, although I'm sure it was maddening to others who may have viewed his response to Ali's apparent life-long handicap as being dismissive. Either way, Corey has been receptive from the start to the importance of getting Ali to her appointments as well as the need for that dang wheelchair. 

The show hasn't offered up much on Corey's mother, though, although I do recall her appearing in a couple of scenes, one of which showed her cutting his hair before his wedding (I think).  She didn't impress me. As I say, there wasn't much to go on, but I got a feeling that his mom is a bit on the icy side, whereas Jeff seems a warmer person,  more empathetic - and more congenial - for the most part.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Katt said:

According to The Ashley Leah is about to move, again! Hopefully, she's getting a one storey house for Ali. 

Thanks for sharing.  It's hard to keep up on all the different gossip sites.

I hope Leah has the common sense to move to the girlses school district and find a house that accommodates Ali's needs.

(But with the way she moves from dwelling to dwelling, there's always 'better luck next time.')

Perhaps she'll purchase a house this time (probably saved a lot of money without all the pillses).  Could be good for her recovery/soul to own a home solely in her name.

• Love 4
(edited)
On May 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM, StayingAfterSunday said:

Re: Corey:  I agree. Corey seems to have had a good, sold, male role model in his life, as far as I can tell.  When Ali's disability first came to light, I thought Corey's attitude was not one of ignorance or naivete', but suggested that he had something deeper --  his words, though few, suggested he had faith that all would be well with her. (I think some of Corey's faith that Ali would be okay comes from Jeff.) This childlike perspective endeared him to me, although I'm sure it was maddening to others who may have viewed his response to Ali's apparent life-long handicap as being dismissive. Either way, Corey has been receptive from the start to the importance of getting Ali to her appointments as well as the need for that dang wheelchair. 

The show hasn't offered up much on Corey's mother, though, although I do recall her appearing in a couple of scenes, one of which showed her cutting his hair before his wedding (I think).  She didn't impress me. As I say, there wasn't much to go on, but I got a feeling that his mom is a bit on the icy side, whereas Jeff seems a warmer person,  more empathetic - and more congenial - for the most part.

From what little we've seen of Corey's mom around the time Corey & Leah got married (and I'm not talking about, Joetta, his stepmom), I got the impression that she wasn't impressed with Leah. I think she knew what was up as far as Leah from the get-go. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

From what little we've seen of Corey's mom around the time Corey & Leah got married (and I, not talking about, Joetta, his stepmom), I got the impression that she wasn't impressed with Leah. I think she knew what was up as far as Leah from the get-go. 

My mom was the same way when my sister got married. She never liked her husband and knew the union was pretty much doomed from the start. She was right, of course.

I don't remember much about Corey's mom, but if my son were marrying Leah, I'd wear black to the wedding.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My mom was the same way when my sister got married. She never liked her husband and knew the union was pretty much doomed from the start. She was right, of course.

I don't remember much about Corey's mom, but if my son were marrying Leah, I'd wear black to the wedding.

I agree. No one should have been thrilled about that wedding. Also, it was based on a 3-week relationship that started in the back of a truck and ended in twins...not exactly Nicholas Sparks material here.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Leah is so dumb. With all the money she's spent on moving, rent and pillses, she could've had a home that was paid in full by now. 

I was thinking the same thing. The lack of stability is really such a negative in the girlses lives, particularly for school. My own family has attended the same elementary school for 12 years and my kids are very invested in it - it is a community to them because it is all they've known. When I get frustrated at the lack of parental and even student involvement with things, it is almost always the "transient" kids who don't participate. No wonder why. They never put down roots.

And most of these parents don't have the luxury of a good steady income like Leah's had the last 6-7 years. There is no good reason why she's had to move this much except it is just a reflection of their chaotic, dysfunctional family life. Reason #16 why Corey needs physical custody. I think he's been in the same place, as a homeowner, for at least a few years.

• Love 10

We've seen the way Leah lives.....she makes a mess of every home she has had.  People who live like that tend to rent...so they can destroy and trash each place....and then just move to a new start, only to do it all over again.  

• Love 9

Shelley1005, somebody had said in the comments section of the article that Leah just moves instead of tidying up. lol
The same article said that Leah is still with Dues, although he doesn't live with her, and mentioned that she'd previously said they'd decided to just be friends after denying a relationship at all. So, which is it, Leah? The only reason people are saying anything at all is because she constantly contradicts herself. If she could keep her lies straight, nobody would snark at her or even give a shit. She supplies her own fodder. Oh, sorry, it's editing, y'allses...

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I was thinking the same thing. The lack of stability is really such a negative in the girlses lives, particularly for school. My own family has attended the same elementary school for 12 years and my kids are very invested in it - it is a community to them because it is all they've known. When I get frustrated at the lack of parental and even student involvement with things, it is almost always the "transient" kids who don't participate. No wonder why. They never put down roots.

And most of these parents don't have the luxury of a good steady income like Leah's had the last 6-7 years. There is no good reason why she's had to move this much except it is just a reflection of their chaotic, dysfunctional family life. Reason #16 why Corey needs physical custody. I think he's been in the same place, as a homeowner, for at least a few years.

It's especially upsetting when parents have a child with a severe disability. You could get close to local support services, teachers, therapists, etc. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

It's especially upsetting when parents have a child with a severe disability. You could get close to local support services, teachers, therapists, etc. 

What severe disability? She just needs to use her legs more. Druggie momma knows best. 

• Love 7

I'm watching Leah's 16 and Pregnant episode and jeez-louise, the past 6-7 years haven't been kind to her. She looks so fresh-faced and she sounds so lucid, not like she's half asleep with a cold. 

Also I don't understand what she saw in Robbie at all. Really struggling to see how this gormless, scabby-looking guy was worth ruining two marriages.

• Love 8
(edited)
53 minutes ago, neatoburrito said:

I'm watching Leah's 16 and Pregnant episode and jeez-louise, the past 6-7 years haven't been kind to her. She looks so fresh-faced and she sounds so lucid, not like she's half asleep with a cold. 

Also I don't understand what she saw in Robbie at all. Really struggling to see how this gormless, scabby-looking guy was worth ruining two marriages.

She still had the horrendous hillbilly accent though that just makes your ears bleed. I still remember as she's flat ironing her bangs in the bathroom (and their bathroom door said like, Women, on it, like a public restroom) and telling Corey he needs to "build a bridge and get over" his jealousy of Robbie (you know, the guy she was nailing behind his back and dumped Corey for several weeks later). She was a bitch even back then.

Robbie is gross, but I kind of understood her feelings- that for her, he represented everything that was fun about her former life. She clearly resented the hell out of Corey and could barely stand to let him touch her. If I recall, Leah was pissed that Corey wouldn't pay for her to go out to eat or shopping with her friends, which she said made him "no fun". When Corey commented that Robbie lived at home and was able to spend all his allowance or earnings from working at the Quil Pik on entertainment, whereas Corey had to pay rent, for food, utilities, gas, formula and diapers, Leah just gave him bitchface.

I get that she was hormonal and had a lot on her plate with two babies, but good god, what a bitch. If I recall, after that episode aired, Leah did get on social media and said she was shocked to watch herself and couldn't believe she had been that terrible. It made me like her a little more, but she's not really shown any insight or maturity since then.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 15
(edited)

Why didn't he just flush it down the bog? Then again, it's practically brand new. 
How dare he dangle a carrot and not tell us Leah pawned her rings -for drug money- or traded them for drugs?!
He totally shouldn't be posting this shit on social media if he doesn't want rabid Leah fans to get on his case. Not surprised he deleted the tweet, twat, whatever you call Twitter statuses. (Or Instagram, whatever)

Edited by Katt
  • Love 2

I was born disabled, so I have a few thoughts on Leah and Corey's reaction and treatment of Ali, especially regarding the wheelchair. When it comes to medical diagnoses, especially those who have long term impacts on a person, it can be very easy to hold on to a piece of information given by a previous medical professional that is "better news" than what you are currently hearing. I guarantee some doctor or physical therapist told them once upon a time to make Ali walk before she uses her chair, and they have that stuck in their mind. It happened to me as a kid. My parents were told by a occupational therapist to not allow me to use my blind cane unless I absolutely needed it. So I fell a lot as a kid. I wish I had more time to use my cane and less time falling down. The doctors even told my parents to make me use my cane full time, but they got stuck on on the idea of not letting me.

Not an excuse, but its certainly an explanation as to their thinking.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I was born disabled, so I have a few thoughts on Leah and Corey's reaction and treatment of Ali, especially regarding the wheelchair. When it comes to medical diagnoses, especially those who have long term impacts on a person, it can be very easy to hold on to a piece of information given by a previous medical professional that is "better news" than what you are currently hearing. I guarantee some doctor or physical therapist told them once upon a time to make Ali walk before she uses her chair, and they have that stuck in their mind. It happened to me as a kid. My parents were told by a occupational therapist to not allow me to use my blind cane unless I absolutely needed it. So I fell a lot as a kid. I wish I had more time to use my cane and less time falling down. The doctors even told my parents to make me use my cane full time, but they got stuck on on the idea of not letting me.

Not an excuse, but its certainly an explanation as to their thinking.

I agree that to some extent they must both be in denial, still. Understanding it empathetically is different from accepting it morally. Their own feelings about the matter shouldn't trump what they've heard for years now, over and over, and doing what's best for Ali. It is selfish. Dr. Tsao was the first specialist they visited and his message has been the same since day 1. The one thing I would say, very non-facetiously actually, is that they truly might be too ignorant to understand what he's saying or its importance. They really might not get it. I think they do and are just flagrantly ignoring it, but just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

The one thing I would say, very non-facetiously actually, is that they truly might be too ignorant to understand what he's saying or its importance. They really might not get it. I think they do and are just flagrantly ignoring it, but just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know if it is ignorance more then pure denial. Plenty of parents way more educated and sophisticated then Corey or Leah have struggled to except their children's diagnoses. How many times have I heard millennial or minivan majority types claim "Gluten-free diets cure Autism!" or "It's the vaccines! It's all the vaccines fault!" And that is just for autism, a very livable condition. Now you are talking something that just might kill your child before she is in her twenties and two young parents without a whole lot of life experiences to draw from. I'm not surprised they are in denial, I don't even know if I can blame them to some extant. I do wish they'd both wise up for Ali's sake, but they wouldn't be the first (educated or not) parents who took a while to get there.

• Love 10
(edited)

@HeySandyStrange, I agree, but it's much harder for Ali than it is for them. She is disabled, not them. She's the one being harmed by their disregard of the doctor in order to protect their own feelings. It is not about the parents at this point. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah I agree @LM2162 that Leah and Corey need to get it together and strive to deal with Ali's condition better. Corey needs to drop the feel good, everything will be a-ok attitude and get real and Leah, Leah needs a whole freaking lifestyle overhaul and actually needs to try to be a real parent for a change. I have a little more hope for Corey though I wonder who much he is leaning towards "faith", so to speak, rather then cold hard facts. Somehow I think the rest of the Simms, while well meaning, may also be of the same mindset, thus making it harder for Corey to accept the reality of the situation. Leah I have very little hope for at this juncture in regards to Ali's illness. If the doctor saying to her face that her daughter's time is probably limited doesn't wake her out of her self-pitying haze, I don't know what will.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I agree that the blind, unsubstantiated "it'll all be OK" sentiment is a sympathetic one, but it's definitely harming their child. I have gotten the idea from his dad especially that there is a "she'll get better, don't you worry!" kind of idea that seems harmless but it's not backed up by science and it's only hurting Ali. Of course it hurts her parents, but she's truly the only one who matters in the situation. 

And re: the vaccine thing, ugh, yes, that's unfortunately becoming more common. Which makes no sense because it's far better to live with autism than to die from freaking polio. I personally think it is child abuse. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

Am I the only one that thinks Leah was acting flaky during the outing with her friends and Robbie? it would have been the episode that he first appeared. I just want to reach through the screen and choke her every time I see it.

• Love 1

You mean the scene where she flirtatiously  says "shut up Robbie" about 20 times. It's much in the same vein as her behavior during dinner with Jeremy. Her flirt/scold must be her signature move. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Tatum said:

You mean the scene where she flirtatiously  says "shut up Robbie" about 20 times. It's much in the same vein as her behavior during dinner with Jeremy. Her flirt/scold must be her signature move. 

Yes! That is the exact scene I was talking about. She has this stupid look on her face and she's trying to flirt with him while batting her eyelashes at him. It was at that point I decided she was a low life. I always wondered how Corey felt when he saw that (and other) scenes.

• Love 6

Leah comes off as the "I'm not that kinda girl" while she uses sex to keep guys in her life. 

In Leah's 16 & Pregnant episode, Mama Dawn: said, "I hate to be the barrier of bad news..." as she describes how the ultrasound tech told Leah about her having twins. Ugh. The stupidity runs rampant in that family. 

Mama Dawn and Leah have the exact hair style. They both have the tightly curled hair with the ironed bangs. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Yes! That is the exact scene I was talking about. She has this stupid look on her face and she's trying to flirt with him while batting her eyelashes at him. It was at that point I decided she was a low life. I always wondered how Corey felt when he saw that (and other) scenes.

My heart broke for Corey during her 16&P episode because he tolerated a lot. He knew what was going on. And despite the fact that she was trying to get with Robbie right before his eyes and being downright mean to him in the process, he was always understanding about it. He even said he knew she dated him for 3 years and she loved him. He basically told Leah that if she was willing to get off Robbie's dick he could overlook everything she'd done because he wanted his family together. And even when he lost his patience with Leah and stopped trying to make it work, he was visibly terrified that he wouldn't get to see the girls enough, and so sad that he didn't get to wake up to them every day anymore. Corey has his faults but IMO he's always been a great father, and was incredibly decent to Leah when she clearly didn't deserve it. I think the importance of family is strong with him, so he was willing to take a lot of crap from her because she's the mother of his girlses. When she's whining on the phone to Chastity about how that darn Corey Tyler is so mean to her, she might wanna watch everything back and realise how much he put up with.

• Love 14
22 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Mama Dawn and Leah have the exact hair style. They both have the tightly curled hair with the ironed bangs. 

OMG I never realized that before. And it's the same hairstyle that was popular when I was in high school in the mid-80s.  Mama Dawn might be younger than me, I'm not sure.

• Love 1

Mama Dawn was born in 1975. I'm a year younger than her and every time I see her, I think, "Deer God!" and have to reassure myself that I don't also look like Jabba the Hutt's great grandma. Then again, I don't have that old-before-my-time mindset, wanting grandkids at 32, etc. I work out a lot and don't dress like the local old people's home donated a bag of clothes to me. 

• Love 9