Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Katt said:

Mama Dawn was born in 1975. I'm a year younger than her and every time I see her, I think, "Deer God!" and have to reassure myself that I don't also look like Jabba the Hutt's great grandma. Then again, I don't have that old-before-my-time mindset, wanting grandkids at 32, etc. I work out a lot and don't dress like the local old people's home donated a bag of clothes to me. 

Holy. Shit. I was born in 1978 and Dawn looks like she could be my mother. She must have been one hell of a party girl in her day to have aged so badly. Yikes.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Leah seemed to miss the "fun" Cory as she stated in the TM Funny episode. It was a similar statement she made in her 16 & Pregnant episode. It seems Leah was annoyed that Cory was taking fatherhood seriously. Imagine that? He was shown at home caring for the girls as she went out. Seeking Robbie no doubt.

She sounded like such a bitch.  The whole episode was full of exs and she was the only one to make a snarky remark.  Something like "That was back when Corey was actually fun".

• Love 7

Holy. Shit. I was born in 1978 and Dawn looks like she could be my mother. She must have been one hell of a party girl in her day to have aged so badly. Yikes.

OMG lol. I was born in 78 as well and wow! I had no idea she was only 3 years older than me. She looks like she's closer to my mother's age than mine. I practically look like a teenager next to her. Well thanks Mama Dawn, you did one good thing today. Made me feel really good about myself and now I don't mind that I have to dye a few strands of gray hair now and then. Leah is not going to age well. Yikes!

• Love 5

So I don't know how old Leah's siblings are, but Victoria was hanging with Leah and her friends in her 16 and Pregnant eppy, and her brother is friends with Robbie, which both suggest to me that they are all close in age. I'm guessing mama dawn had all three kids by the time she was 20, and then her husband bails. No wonder she looks so rough. 

Although they lived in a trailer, it appeared to be nicely furnished, clean, and the kids were all well dressed and well fed (well, by that I mean not starving, who knows if dawns nutritional standards are any higher than Leah's). Either Leah's shitty dad is timely with the support checks or I must grudgingly give Mama Dawn credit for supporting three kids, likely without even a diploma. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I mean, it was her right, she was married. What did they expect? That they'd use birth control down in the holler? But what kind of parents consent to that marriage? They needed to, in order for her to marry at 16 in WV. Just bizarre. So much ignorance. It'll take several generations before any of it gets bred out of that family. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

I was born in 1957 and Dawn looks older than me!

That makes two of us, I think she looks very unhealthy.

Dawn looks really puffy to me,like she's retaining water.  Her face and eyes are a dead  giveaway, and that abdominal bloating actually looks worrisome if you ask me.  I bet her feet and ankles are huge.

Her early life sounds like it really sucked, so everything Leah has done seems like a step up.

5 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Dawn is on the Cheetos and Mountain Dew diet. Hee, her initials for her name, Mama Dawn, are the same as Mountain Dew. 

lol, this diet would certainly contribute to the bloat.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Although they lived in a trailer, it appeared to be nicely furnished, clean, and the kids were all well dressed and well fed (well, by that I mean not starving, who knows if dawns nutritional standards are any higher than Leah's). Either Leah's shitty dad is timely with the support checks or I must grudgingly give Mama Dawn credit for supporting three kids, likely without even a diploma. 

I believe in her 16&P episode Dawn was married to Leah's (at-the-time step-dad) so all of that nice stuff was probably because of him.  He seemed like a good man. 

Does Leah even know her dad?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

I believe in her 16&P episode Dawn was married to Leah's (at-the-time step-dad) so all of that nice stuff was probably because of him.  He seemed like a good man. 

2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Leah's dad appeared at her second wedding.Leah and her dad had a scene in her kitchen where they chatted. Mama Dawn reminded her how he was a disappointment and not to expect much from him. Kinda funny to hear Mama Dawn say that to her daughter who has been a disappointment to her own children. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Yay!!!  A new word: striven.  As in, I've striven to be perfect.

interesing the dad was a drug addict.  Genes? 

Drug issues are especially rampant in rural West Virginia, and everywhere where there is widespread poverty, unemployment, teen pregnancy, and lack of education. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, poopchute said:

Mama Dawn seriously looks 63 years old and 8 months pregnant.  How can she look that bad?!? What is she doing with herself??

Liver failure is my guess. That's exactly how it looks around diagnosis and during treatment. If she has edema and ascites, she probably hasn't hit her optimum level of diuretics yet. The ascites has to be drained off. Plus manage her diet and fluid intake. Not to mention any regular medications and possibly preparing for a transplant. It's a huge ordeal and very hard to hide the physical signs. That plus whatever caused the damage ages a person quite a bit, as well. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, kira28 said:

OMG lol. I was born in 78 as well and wow! I had no idea she was only 3 years older than me. She looks like she's closer to my mother's age than mine. I practically look like a teenager next to her. Well thanks Mama Dawn, you did one good thing today. Made me feel really good about myself and now I don't mind that I have to dye a few strands of gray hair now and then. Leah is not going to age well. Yikes!

1979 here.  She is my sisters age, then.  I hope I don't look like momma Dawn.

• Love 3

I am not all that familiar with how Twitter works, but it appears Leah tweeted to herself. LOL  She posted she is buying a house. 

Mama Dawn is suffering from the effects of a bad diet and being alone. She is probably self-medicating, too. Hasn't it been two years since her divorce?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

If anything...I think Mama Dawn is suffering from the emotional strain of enabling her addict daughter.  

She's holding in all that truth.  She's about to burst.  hahahaha

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Mkay said:

She's holding in all that truth.  She's about to burst.  hahahaha

Hahaha winner winner chicken dinner!

This post is hilarious! And the truth. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I could never stand Lee and all his "sage" advice. I hope if he's back in their lives we don't have to suffer through him on the show. 

They seem to be weirdly editing Mama Dawn out this season, so your chances are pretty good!

• Love 5
On 5/11/2016 at 11:48 AM, SPLAIN said:

Here is the article. I goofed. Mama Dawn became pregnant TWO months after getting married at the age of 16. She had her third kid by the age of 21. http://starcasm.net/archives/132538

That has got to be the most unfortunate looking family I've ever seen.  Certainly the hair and the wedding dresses don't help, but dayum.

So, the timeline.  Dawn got married in 1991.  The marriage ended 9 years later, which gets us to 2000.

In the December 2011 article, she says she's been married to Lee for 12 years, which puts us back to 1999.  Surely the two marriages didnt actually overlap (even in West Virginia), but there certainly wasn't much time in between.  I would think someone who married at 16 would want to breathe for a second before getting married again, but it looks like I'd be wrong.  At least I know where Leah gets it.

• Love 5

I love how on Momma Dawn's acebook page, she posted a picture of somewhere and another person tagged Leah and said that they can leave the kids with Dawn to go there.  Like Leah needs an excuse to leave the kids with Dawn/Victoria/random relative/petrol station dude.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/13/2016 at 5:57 PM, Mkay said:

https://www.facebook.com/MommaDawnSpears?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

They are back together.  This is momma Dawn's real Facebook.  I found it on Leah's Private account linked from Victoria's Facebook.   I like to snoop and be nosy.  haha

Mama Dawn is friends with...T.R. Dues!

You are great with finding this info. :-)

Mama Dawn and the whole clan are so unfortunate-looking. I always think of Deliverance when I see the adults in her family.

I also loathe Lee. He could not wait to push Jeremy into supporting Leah and her kids.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Lots of us here born in 1978!  Technically I was born in 77 but 2 weeks before the new year, so....  I would HOPE I look about 20 years younger than her, yeesh.   That'll be Leah in about 20 years.  Scary, aint it?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Mama Dawn is friends with...T.R. Dues!

You are great with finding this info. :-)

Mama Dawn and the whole clan are so unfortunate-looking. I always think of Deliverance when I see the adults in her family.

I also loathe Lee. He could not wait to push Jeremy into supporting Leah and her kids.

Thanks! Great find yourself!! I didn't even think to look for TR on momma Dawns page. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:38 AM, ghoulina said:

I could never stand Lee and all his "sage" advice. I hope if he's back in their lives we don't have to suffer through him on the show. 

I always expected Lee to bust out a banjo on the porch in every scene.

• Love 8

Mama Dawn looks like what happens when inbreeding occurs.

Many of you are young. I am older. I constantly get asked what is my secret for looking young (drink lots of water and avoid the sun by wearing sunscreen). I get a feeling if Mama Dawn sat next to all of us, she would be chosen as being the oldest. She is also so damn pale!

• Love 5

I will keep that in mind great kazu. I did spend my preteen years laying out with suntan oil and lemon juice but have avoided sun since my early 20s. Let's hope my repentance came soon enough. 

As far as dawn, I would guess liquor, nicotine, bleach, poor nutrition and hard living.

• Love 5
On 5/14/2016 at 4:26 PM, Tatum said:

I will keep that in mind great kazu. I did spend my preteen years laying out with suntan oil and lemon juice but have avoided sun since my early 20s. Let's hope my repentance came soon enough. 

As far as dawn, I would guess liquor, nicotine, bleach, poor nutrition and hard living.

Add to that no exercise and being on the computer all day.

Ugh What is it with this group using the wrong word.  It's not downgrade!!  There is also only one period in that entire rant. Dear God Jeremy! 

People are saying this is about his girlfriends baby daddy. 

• Love 8

Wow. I mean, I never thought Jeremy was a West Point candidate but wow. Jeremy is late 20s, right?

Jeremy, YOUR dad should have spent more time checking your composition homework in high school.

What is the word these people are looking for when they say "downgrade"? Do they mean "denigrate"?

• Love 9

Jeremy has always been an idiot. Corey doesn't seem much smarter, but he has the sense not to post long rants. I don't have the best body in the world, and that's fine, but I don't subject others to lots of online bikini photos, either. Jesus. Learn to read! 

• Love 6