Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Last Chance for Romance

• Start Topic

Dave:  I do have feelings for you, Amber.

Amber:  But I need you to TELL me how you feel.

Dave:  I AM telling you, I DO have feelings for you.

Amber:  No, no . . .I need you to TELL me how you feel!

Dave:  AMBER, I DO HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU!

(aside) Amber:  Dave just won’t tell me how he is feeling.

Me:  GAAHHH!  I feel your pain,Dave.

• Love 22

Tristan on Unfiltered episode #2 just said something profound: a lot of people are tired of being single but that doesn't mean that they're ready to be married.

With the exception of Bobby, I'd say that all of the other participants this season were not ready to be married.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

WTF?!  Amber pesters the hell out of Dave, he responds by acting like a prick, and then they both smile and break into laughter?  Um, OK.

They were drunk.

28 minutes ago, JAndy said:

It looks like they’ll have sex again tonight... 

Unfortunately.

• Love 1

Dave only has one outfit: that shirt he wore in Mexico when he was sweating and those awful mustard brown pants. It’s not even a good outfit! Go  shopping, Dave! You have a good job, you make some money.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

This second Unfiltered- feeling like Dave is a bit enamored with JamieO, maybe visualizing her with the odd brown hair color of last season....

I've always thought that Dave stared a bit at Jamie, licking his lips and touching his face, but was wondering if I was seeing things that weren't there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Amber doesn't believe any positives from Dave. She is insecure, but she's reacting this way because she's getting mixed signals.

And they are having sex every day????

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Danielle's eyebrows look a lot better on Unfiltered. Or maybe I'm just used to them at this point?

Have we ever seen Danielle without makeup? She always seems to wake up with a full face of it. That black eye makeup is way too harsh for her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Dave only has one outfit: that shirt he wore in Mexico when he was sweating and those awful mustard brown pants. It’s not even a good outfit! Go  shopping, Dave! You have a good job, you make some money.

West coast here just started watching and Tristen has mustard ( Grey Poupon) pants on too. They must be a thing? Awful. 

Danielle's eyebrows are much better on unfiltered.  Previously they looked like someone used a stencil so if it's a makeup persons fault they know nothing about porportion. 

Is there a reason Jamie wears the same outfit and earrings every week? 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

West coast here just started watching and Tristen has mustard ( Grey Poupon) pants on too. They must be a thing? Awful. 

I just bought a pair of mustard skinny jeans today.....

::searches for receipt::

25 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Danielle's eyebrows are much better on unfiltered.  Previously they looked like someone used a stencil so if it's a makeup persons fault they know nothing about porportion. 

I know, I've been railing about that all season.  She really needs an eyebrow intervention at this point.  Someone should keep her away from the eyebrow pencil until she learns how to use it.

26 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Is there a reason Jamie wears the same outfit and earrings every week? 

So we can't tell when they film 3 episodes in one day.

• Love 5

Unfiltered: Danielle, Tristan and JamieO

Tristan has his chance to call Mia out as a conniving, lying liar who manipulates the scenarios where she is always the victim.

We saw you long ago, Mia...

The move out was contrived by Mia, a producer and a friend of Mia’s...we figured as much.

Danielle admits that she bought Mia’s story and not see that Mia drove the bus over Tristan.

Tristan scoffs at Mia’s declaring their marriage as the most intense relationship she has been in...guess the stalking and credit card fraud dude was just for kicks and grins

Mia baits Tristan with  leaving, acting out impulsively.

Tristan gets to defend his actions.

Danielle is not a warm fuzzy...at all.

Jamie had her interviewer hat on so lots of inquiring minds want to know questioning.

Watching  Dave and Amber, Tristan reveals that he and Dave talk about how much it pains Dave that his marriage is spoiled by Amber’s nagging insecurities.

A cut and dry Unfiltered.

• Love 9

Well I get it with Amber.  She wants to know if he's on the same page with her.  Clearly he's not.  Hey, if she's thinking about staying past decision day with the guy it would be nice to know that he's all-in and in love with her before she commits to it too.  I can actually sympathize with that.  That's not insecurity.  And I loved how she nailed his ass to the wall and wouldn't back down when he tried to weasel out of it and throw it back to her.  Way to go, Amber.  She wasn't drunk enough yet to say "what the hell?".  She was drunk enough to have courage, though.  Later on she just said "screw it" and they both laughed.  I don't love the way Dave acted but at least he admitted he was being a dick.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I just bought a pair of mustard skinny jeans today.....

::searches for receipt::

I  have yellow jeans ( and 2 sweaters) from last year that I loved, shoot where are those? I move clothes back forth in closets for winter/ summer don't remember seeing them. 

I haven't been out in the stores to notice Tristan's color. 

Feel terrible for noticing Mia's lack of neck, so that why it's aways tucked in Tristen's  armpit. 

I certainly hope Danielle comes around. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Well I get it with Amber.  She wants to know if he's on the same page with her.  Clearly he's not.  Hey, if she's thinking about staying past decision day with the guy it would be nice to know that he's all-in and in love with her before she commits to it too.  I can actually sympathize with that.  That's not insecurity.  And I loved how she nailed his ass to the wall and wouldn't back down when he tried to weasel out of it and throw it back to her.  Way to go, Amber.  She wasn't drunk enough yet to say "what the hell?".  She was drunk enough to have courage, though.  Later on she just said "screw it" and they both laughed.  I don't love the way Dave acted but at least he admitted he was being a dick.

Major dick! Dave should have been matched with Danielle...2 frosty individuals!

My heart was breaking for Bobby as he once again professed his love for Danielle by saying he has only loved his family and now Danielle and Danielle maybe more so as she is his wife. Yes, Danielle smiled but no reciprocity if even to say she cares for him a LOT! 

I had thought that Tristan was a former athlete so why do he and Mia just loll around like couch potatoes? At least they got some fresh air at Lady Bird Lake...I enjoyed seeing that and other Austin sites as my son moved there from NYC. And we stayed on the Riverwalk where Amber and Dave dined in San Antonio.

• Love 4

Amber keep wanting more wine because that is always the temporary solution to the problems in your relationship...at least it deadens the truth that Dave can’t see a future with her...

Dave speak: Amber, I have feelings for you

Dave means:I don’t love you but I have emotional attachment to you , especially when we do the Humpty Dumpty....but it is the 95% of The rest of the day that I struggle to tolerate you

Amber speak: You say you have feelings for me...WTF does that mean, Dave?

Amber means: Just tell me you won’t dump me on Decision Day you asshole...reassure me so I can relax the next few days...

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Dave speak: Amber, I have feelings for you

Dave means:I don’t love you but I have emotional attachment to you , especially when we do the Humpty Dumpty....but it is the 95% of The rest of the day that I struggle to tolerate you.

You know, this is something I have mostly noticed men doing in relationships.  To most women, saying you "have feelings" for someone means you're in love with with them, otherwise WTF  is this BS about "loving them but not being IN love with them"?  Like you love me the way you love your family but no more?  What an insult, LOL.  When Bobby told Danielle he loved her like he loved his family only moreso, that was what he was trying to express, that he was IN love with her.  Of course, in his case he should not be pouring it on that thick because he's scaring her half to death in the process!  Back off a little kiddo or else she'll never be able to find her feelings for you!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1
(edited)

Unfiltered: Dave, Tristan and JamieO

Jamie sexed it up with leaving an extra button on her shirt undone and still pant less.

Tristan explains Mia wants to be chased down when she leaves, to be begged to stay when she threatens to leave...to be saved from her drastic actions as a way of showing love, commitment and reassurance that she is wanted...that’s messed up.

She wants to be saved from her worst instincts and compulsive actions.

Tristan is tired of “saving” her and when he doesn’t she contrives her getting thrown out of their high  rise and she wakes him up to tell him she wants a divorce in the middle of the night and then disappears.

Amber and Dave blotto drunk on the RiverWalk having the you’re a dick ....yes, I know I’m being a dick argument....Dave confessing they had tequila shots, margaritas, and other assorted booze.

Love the way Tristan and Dave watch Bobby declare his love for Danielle and Tristan jokingly responding with “We love you, Ricky Bobby” feeling bad that Danielle is incapable of responding back her love for Bobby.

But they acknowledge that Danielle fishing does show Bobby she is committed to him.

Neither guy would get their fish on preferring resort life and more active sports....

JamieO announcing that next week is the last Unfiltered covering Decision Day with Danielle, Dave and Tristan....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8

Good for you Amber, you stood up for yourself for once and called out Dave when he was being a real prick.  You're not perfect but he's a jerk.  Dave why'd you go out to dinner with Amber if you just want to sit there and "reflect" and not talk?

Can't stand that guy.  Amber - PLEASE SAY NO ON DECISION DAY.  I've never wanted anything more in my life than to see you reject that guy lol.  Next week I'm going to be pacing back and forth with my hands on my head when she's about to make that decision.

Wow they just started laughing while I was typing this....  Good joke Dave, April fools.  Wtf is their deal.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bobby loves Danielle like she is his family, but more so since she has the coveted wife position.

Danielle gets  his drift.....but crickets.....

Danielle’s reluctance to return the sentiment is on her...Bobby needs some affirmation you stone cold hearted meanie....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10

Mia and Tristan- lather, rinse, repeat. To borrow from Season 4’s Nick: I DON’T LIKE THEM!

Dave and Amber- He was an ass, but she would have made me run screaming from the resort. I know most here think he is cold, insensitive, fill in the blank with your negative adjective, but he doesn’t bother me. She, on the other hand, would drive me insane.

Bobby and Danielle- I agree with her that she shouldn’t say I love you just because he has, but for Pete’s sake, say something! I do think they work though because they are both open to doing things for each other that are meaningful to the other person.

In the end, I think it’s looking to me like all three will opt to stay together, which is absolutely stupid for two of these. I’m going to be so annoyed at watching the “experts” pass out champagne and pat each other on the back for what a great job they did.....

• Love 9

Dave doesn't bother me as much as he bothers others either.  When he's with other people, he seems somewhat normal. The huge wad of insecurities that is Amber decided once again that "I'll be Agatha Nagatha! That will make him love me!" and tequila was required in order to deal with her.  The difference between the two of them is that she is the same way with family and friends, still an insecure mess. There is no joy in this girl, only hang ups, hashtags, bleach and countless products.

I was hoping that the reason the next Unfiltered has Tristan, Amber and Dave on is so that they can give their version of dumping/being dumped.  

• Love 8

Add me to the "Dave doesn't bother me' camp.  I get wanting reassurance, but once he's expressed his feelings, what more is he supposed to say? She wants assurances that they'll stay together on decision day, but can he give that without lying? She wants to hear 'I love you', but does he? I'm against lying when Mia does it; Dave doesn't get a unlimited "free lies to make Amber feel happy" pass.  Wouldn't it be worse to profess false love to someone days before you (might) say, "go home"?

He knew he wasn't giving her what she wants, but nonstop reassurances and professions of love that does not exist are not owed to her just because she wants them.  

• Love 17

I'm definitely Team Dave, in the debacle known as "Dave and Amber". I know a lot of you dislike Dave, and I respect that, but honestly, Amber would drive me crazy.

It seems like they're okay as a couple as long as they keep moving; i.e., when the two of them are engaged in an activity, they appear to be having fun and enjoying each other's company. It's when they STOP moving (sitting down to have drinks or a meal, or just hanging out together on the couch), Amber takes that as a green light to have a deep conversation about their relationship which must include the (right) validations from Dave indicating he absolutely, positively, loves her and will say he wants to continue to be married to Amber on decision day! Every time they sit down, you can practically see the wheels turning in Amber's head; "What can I say to get him to tell me how he feels about me?"

It's freakin' exhausting. 

Amber seems to be incapable of having any conversation about any topic not related to their relationship or how Dave really feels about her.

Dave, OTOH, seems to me like he'd like to get to know Amber better before he makes his decision, which is a reasonable stance to me. But Amber isn't making that very easy. Other than the topics of their relationship, Dave's feelings, and the not-so-occasional mention of how Amber wants to immediately begin popping out babies, what else have we heard Amber talking about with Dave? 

Except for her extreme insecurities and trust issues, we haven't learned much about her. Worse, she hasn't used the many opportunities she's had to learn much about Dave. That's gotta hurt. At this point, it appears any guy who can put together the right combination of words to reassure Amber would do, in her mind. 

No wonder she was single for as long as she was (and most likely will find herself single again after decision day). 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, TwirlyGirly said:

It seems like they're okay as a couple as long as they keep moving; i.e., when the two of them are engaged in an activity, they appear to be having fun and enjoying each other's company. It's when they STOP moving (sitting down to have drinks or a meal, or just hanging out together on the couch), Amber takes that as a green light to have a deep conversation about their relationship which must include the (right) validations from Dave indicating he absolutely, positively, loves her and will say he wants to continue to be married to Amber on decision day! Every time they sit down, you can practically see the wheels turning in Amber's head; "What can I say to get him to tell me how he feels about me?"

I agree. Like, do they ever talk about movies? Books? TV? Work? Fitness? The weather? I think Amber needs to stop talking about the relationship and just BE in the relationship. I also think their love languages are totally different and they haven't figured out how to navigate that. Dave said something like "I feel like I show her I care about her," and Amber seems to want to hear the words. I am more of a Dave in that respect. (I can think of two past relationships; in one, the guy regularly told me he loved me but treated me like trash; in the other, the guy took a while to say it but treated me like gold and acted like he loved me, so I knew he did before he said it. The latter relationship was by FAR the better of the two.)

Also, he clearly doesn't love her, which is why he won't say it (and I think that's the right move). He says he "has feelings," and he means romantic feelings, but he is not in love. I'm not sure if Amber's definition of "has feelings" is "is in love with," but it might be and I think that's jamming them up. 

• Love 8

We find out that Dave has been playing the doting husband...sending flowers, calling her during her work day, blah, blah, blah....these over and above the call of duty husbandly actions confuse Amber...

When Amber asks with dead eyes do you "want" to be here at the resort with her, she wants an answer from Dave not TV Dave.

That is why Dave is mad...she is trying to force him to be truthful about her, this was not what was planned.

Dave showed up for the wine and fruit because the call sheet and the shooting schedule has them located at the winery reading cue cards.

He is being the obedient cast member because he got to play golf in the morning and is now ready to hit his mark and say his lines....

Amber is holding the glock to his temple asking would he be at the resort with her if this was real life.

Dave said I am happy to be here at the resort with you, deflecting and stalling.

Amber miscalculated and tainted the only full day of vacay.

Amber's and Dave's safe words...the phrase they use to break them out of destructive threads of conversation...More, wine? Yes, PLEASE!

• Love 5

If you have ever read the Mars/Venus book you know that Amber uses too many words over and over for a man. I do remember her saying before the wedding that she hoped that her husband didn’t find her too high maintenance, well we all do Amber. Give it a rest already. On Unfiltered Dave said he sends her flowers all of the time and leaves her notes but she doesn’t do these little things for him. This girl needs to get off of th Me train. 

Damn humble, we are always posting similar stuff at the same time. It’s like we are twins!

• Love 6
(edited)

High five!

Hope Michael misses you... don't become an UnderWaterLily.....

Gotta hand it to Dave...he is too polite to walk away from the camera and crew but he would have walked away from Amber's ultimatum if that wasn't a contrived set up for throwing some love for The Cantera Resort.

Dave is committed and loves the process of MAFS because it appeals to his cut and dry sensibility.

Amber is too emotional and doesn't understand that Dave sees this as a step by step process...no skipping steps, no short cutting the process.

Why can't Dave just surrender and admit he likes her.....because Dave can't.

Dave likes the crew, the camera and the pretense that he is actively working towards love by learning about himself.

Honest truth, Amber is not the wife Dave envisions himself with....

Don't know if that woman exists.... not Amber's fault, she is just the roadkill.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

Dave and Amber don't speak the same love language. His is based on action, hers is based on words. Neither one is willing to give an inch, and now Dave is playing head games and Amber is nagging. I hope that even if they opt to stay married next week, they will split up afterwards because they're never going to see eye-to-eye. It will be one long battle to the bitter end.

Now that I think about it, Bobby and Danielle also don't seem to speak the same love language. Danielle is the action person, Bobby is the words person. However, it's not as much of a problem for them because both of them, especially Bobby, seem to realize it. Even though he has poured his heart out to her (and she's never really reciprocated), he does a lot for her, which is what she needs and appreciates. Bobby seems to be infatuated with her and is willing to overlook a lot and let her take her time. Dave is not infatuated with Amber, she knows it, and that is the reason their relationship is suffering.

Mia and Tristan baffle me. I think their relationship has limped along because he's attracted to her physically and she has boundary problems and can't let go. Neither one wants to look like the bad guy on tv. I'm definitely on Tristan's side, especially after seeing him on Unfiltered last night.

• Love 9

Someone on another forum said that Amber and Dave are like a college couple, sex,argue,get drunk, sex. I think their scenes seem so scripted,  we really don’t know anything about their real life together. I guess that goes for all of the couples. 

The outings seem so blah this season. It seems like in the past the couples did more fun stuff and we saw more activities at the cool places they go to. 

I thought Texans had accents and dressed better. 

I’m bored, shut up in the house. Michael has passed us, but we are coastal so we will have storm surge at high tide this evening. I am high and dry just may not be able to get out on the roads for a bit. Thank you everyone for thoughts and prayers. The panhandle needs those prayers now, it’s bad. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Have we ever seen Danielle without makeup? She always seems to wake up with a full face of it. That black eye makeup is way too harsh for her.

On the unfiltered show she really toned down the makeup, including the eyebrows. She must have been horrified with the eyebrows when she watched the season and realized she had to do something about it. She looked very pretty and more natural. Just the way Bobby likes it. 

Dave and Amber- I had a difficult time following what was going on with them. Oh, it was all a joke! Hahahahaha Dave you are soooooo funny. NOT! My only take away of those two bores is that the San Antonio riverwalk looked awesome. Kind of reminds me of the one in Greenville, SC. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

It seems like they're okay as a couple as long as they keep moving; i.e., when the two of them are engaged in an activity, they appear to be having fun and enjoying each other's company.

I was thinking, "YES!" at the "as long as they keep moving" part, but realized you weren't referring only to moving between the sheets--since we don't actually see that.  I really do think their relationship is in sync with their sex--the ups and downs, so to speak.  They looked pretty happy the next morning, presumably after the night and morning sessions.

8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

On the unfiltered show she really toned down the makeup, including the eyebrows. She must have been horrified with the eyebrows when she watched the season and realized she had to do something about it. She looked very pretty and more natural. Just the way Bobby likes it.

That's the ironic thing--Bobby ended up with someone with caterpillar eyelashes and crazy manufactured eyebrows, and it sounds like he actually wants a more natural girl.  I laughed when he mentioned her putting on a hat to go fishing.  He's so practical--having a fetish that can be displayed out in public, with nobody being the wiser.

• Love 4
(edited)

More like knives and daggers.

Amber>>>>>>>Dave....Dead eyeing her husband......

Dave responding dispassionately with flat facial affect, thousand yard stare back at her, wanting her to just STFU....it's a standoff.....

Edited by humbleopinion