Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/8/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 10/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, Tammee said:

YNB has been rocking her hair all week its been great.  I like that she voices how she feels, frustration. Yep, same here.  I like that she shut Abby down multiple times.

FRIDAY:  The look on YNB's face was priceless as she was shot down (interrupted?) by Abby.  That look did not change for several seconds.  I don't know if Abby decided to butt in or if the producer was giving instructions in her earpiece.  I think Abby did not make a friend this week.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

YNB responded to my tweet asking her not to apologize. Is it off topic to post it here? 

I don't know the answer for sure, and don't want to answer for the mods. To me, if you were asking her not to apologize for what she said on today's episode of The View, and her response was about that, it seems on topic.

4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

FRIDAY:  The look on YNB's face was priceless as she was shot down (interrupted?) by Abby.  That look did not change for several seconds.  I don't know if Abby decided to butt in or if the producer was giving instructions in her earpiece.  I think Abby did not make a friend this week.

I am trying to remember if I saw that or not. What were they talking about when Abby shut her down? (In re your "interrupted?" I always take "shut down" to mean interrupted, stopped, or otherwise derailed, whereas I take "shot down" to mean rejected, but I suppose there can be overlap.)

On 10/11/2018 at 1:11 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Such which version of the Constitution does Meghan have displayed?  The original or one with the all the civil rights amendments?

Maybe the pocket-size available on Amazon for under $2.00: The Constitution of the United States and The Declaration of Independence

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

No i missed that!  ?  dang. Do you know whereabouts it was?  First 1/2 or second 2/2 ?  Thanks @Former Nun

7 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:
7 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Damn, YNB went there with her question about Melania perhaps not caring about Trump's alleged extramarital affairs because she was also his mistress! Yikes! LOL!

When she first said it, he just kept silent so Abby switched the question up for him to answer. Then he addressed it at the end by scolding everyone that they need to respect the first lady.

It was just awkward.

Definitely awkward, but I thought he specifically scolded Yvette Nicole Brown without calling her name.  YNB and I knew what he was doing.  Also, is that the time YNB didn't really "keep silent," but Abby strongly interrupted her?   Her face said it all.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Definitely awkward, but I thought he specifically scolded Yvette Nicole Brown without calling her name.  YNB and I knew what he was doing.  Also, is that the time YNB didn't really "keep silent," but Abby strongly interrupted her?   Her face said it all.

She didn't keep silent. The Melania guy did and seemed like he wouldn't answer her directly. Maybe that's when someone yelled in Abby's ear to ask about love question instead for fear of a lawsuit, which he answered immediately. I would show the clip of it, but it's still not up on their YouTube, Facebook or Twitter. I'm not sure if Yvette was showing a face at Abby's interruption, but it seemed like she was side eyeing the guy during the entire interview. Even at the end of the interview when he scolds everyone to respect the first lady, Yvette said 'allegedly' multiple times with regards to the mistress comment, so I think it was the producers who tried to get rid of that question as quickly as possible.

On that note, why haven't the View updated their YouTube page yet? It's usually up by 1pm EST.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Tammee said:

No i missed that!  ?  dang. Do you know whereabouts it was?  First 1/2 or second 2/2 ?  Thanks @Former Nun

30 minutes ago, General Days said:

I am trying to remember if I saw that or not. What were they talking about when Abby shut her down? (In re your "interrupted?" I always take "shut down" to mean interrupted, stopped, or otherwise derailed, whereas I take "shot down" to mean rejected, but I suppose there can be overlap.)

YNB was starting to ask if it was "possible" that Melania wasn't upset about Trump's mistresses because she had been one of them.  Abby jumped in with a different (more PC) aspect...and YVN's face did not take it well.  I think it was near the end of the interview.   ETA:  I got this from the YouTube page at 4:10 AZ time.

Edited by Former Nun
YouTube comment
  • Love 3

I have two little booklets that contain the Constitution from my days working for the federal government.  Sort of like the Cliff Notes version.  Maybe I'll send one to Megs so she can carry it around with her.  It might be comforting to her in her time of grief.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, General Days said:

Is YNB getting dragged on Twitter for what she said on the show, or is the spokesperson getting dragged for attacking what YNB said on the show?

(Knowing the internet, the answer to this is actually "both" but which did you mean, Morgalisa?)

Sorry I was not clear. The spokesperson is not getting dragged. Melania is. All negative comments about Melania and support for YNB.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

YNB responded to my tweet asking her not to apologize. Is it off topic to post it here? 

It is not. :)

YNB's response to Grisham was gold, especially refusing to bow down and worship a disgusting woman like Melania Trump. I love her. I wouldn't trade Joy or Sunny for her to be at the table, but she's wonderful. I'd rather kick Meggie and/or her bestie off.

Lucky you, Morgalisa, getting a response from her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
Just now, Morgalisa said:

It doesnt matter because I cant figure out how to do it. I am officially old.

Feel free to quote your response and hers. You can also take a screenshot and post it as well.

4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have Trumpsters as friends on Facebook, and they are always saying how nice it is to "finally" have a classy First Lady (racist much?) 

Yeah, I've seen those. So we can't criticize Melania, but the Fox news people make it a hobby to criticize Hilary and Michelle. OK. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

YNB was starting to ask if it was "possible" that Melania wasn't upset about Trump's mistresses because she had been one of them.  Abby jumped in with a different (more PC) aspect...and YVN's face did not take it well.  I think it was near the end of the interview.   ETA:  I got this from the YouTube page at 4:10 AZ time.

Oh, I did see that section of the show, but I didn't take any notice of that part, probably because I was too busy pumping my fist for YNB. That's a very Abby place to jump in though. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 5

So now Sarah Huckabee Sanders weighs in:

Sanders tweeted tonight, “Sad @TheView continues their disgusting attacks on @FLOTUS. The left’s “war on women” they disagree with is a disgrace. @FLOTUS is strong, accomplished, and has a lot more class than the women who bully her.”

Word of the day:  "class"

Melania took her own photog in tow for a fashion shoot in Africa. So classy. 

• Love 18
8 hours ago, ari333 said:

Why did that Llamas dude sound like he was about to cry at the end  about respecting what's her name? GACK

I think the guy was so proud to get an interview with the oh, so mysterious and elusive Melania that visions of headlines about his time on the View  and some derogatory words about Melania gave him a mighty scare. He looked terrified!

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

So now Sarah Huckabee Sanders weighs in:

Sanders tweeted tonight, “Sad @TheView continues their disgusting attacks on @FLOTUS. The left’s “war on women” they disagree with is a disgrace. @FLOTUS is strong, accomplished, and has a lot more class than the women who bully her.”

Word of the day:  "class"

Melania took her own photog in tow for a fashion shoot in Africa. So classy. 

Accomplished?  Yeah we all know what she accomplished. 

• Love 22
Just now, Kenz said:

And not to pile on poor Melania, but I it's funny for her to say to the press, don't pay attention to the clothes I wear, but to what I do. This from someone who wears a jacket that indicates she doesn't care when she visits a children's mention camp, wears a colonial outfit with a pith helmet, and she poses in Egypt with a cutesy Egyptian 1920's  archaeological movie type costume."Be Best" Africa while I preen for the camera!

Thank you! That’s baffling to me. She’s choosing to wear these things. I’d say that comes under the heading of “what I do.”

• Love 16
8 hours ago, General Days said:

You should read her books, particularly I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

It's not just that people who know about her past don't hold Maya Angelou's history against her, it's that we understand how her past informed the rest of her life, including her storied literary career and how she fought for others. 

I'm not saying what I think needs to be said about the first comment I quoted above. Suffice it to say that based on today's segment on The View, regarding the upcoming Melania Trump interview on ABC, to me, that comparison is slyly inept. 

I didn't see the segment, but based on the above, in my experience, Meghan is right about this. Earlier this week (yesterday, I think) she also said that we (as a society) don't talk about the subject of grief enough.

I hate her politics. I hate how she discusses politics. I wish she would leave The View, but I don't think she's being inauthentic about her loss. I do think she is trying to bring that perspective to the table, because it's something we often don't talk about. For all of the lip-service we pay to mental health issues, our culture doesn't do death well and doesn't deal well with grieving people. If Meghan can make a positive difference on that front, while I have to endure her presence on The View, then I hope she does. 

Maya Angelou was raped and sexually abused as a child....and many times that leads to acting out sexually. I've  read all her books. This is why  Oprah bonded with her so strongly. ....the early rapes and abuse as a child that they had in common. I believe they both had babies very young.   I choose to see them as strong survivors. 

I wouldnt even deign to use the first lady's name in a sentence with those two heroes. The first lady was a model and mistress, and a plagiarizer of Michelle's speech.  She's doesn't care;  why should I?

MM needs to check herself. She has a case of raging hypocrisy, or astounding lack of self-awareness about her grief, drinking, ignorance, etc..... Seriously, how dumb is she?  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Kenz said:
10 hours ago, ari333 said:

Why did that Llamas dude sound like he was about to cry at the end  about respecting what's her name? GACK

I think the guy was so proud to get an interview with the oh, so mysterious and elusive Melania that visions of headlines about his time on the View  and some derogatory words about Melania gave him a mighty scare. He looked terrified!

OR...he has fallen in love with her.  No one better say anything negative about his Melania!  (Also, he needs more natural shade of BLACK for his hair.)

• Love 10
Just now, Former Nun said:

OR...he has fallen in love with her.  No one better say anything negative about his Melania!  (Also, he needs more natural shade of BLACK for his hair.)

This is weird.  I’m watching the interview, although if you tell anyone I’ll deny it, but, anyway, I was just thinking that the reporter has a thing for her.

• Love 12

Trying to not be off topic, but because the panel is usually talking about current politics. I reread the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. It was an eye opener.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kenz said:

I have a different theory. Watch the interview, I think he is smitten.

• Love 14
On 10/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, Morgalisa said:

I just watched the show (on tape). Meggie actually said, about Melania, " I gave her a lot of runway." Huh? 

Let's give a hand for that Columbia education, folks! *sarcasm*

• Love 13

As teased on Friday's show, Melania revealed why she wore the "I REALLY DON'T CARE" jacket:

“for the people and for the left-wing media who are criticizing me. And I want to show them that I don’t care.”

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6

Comparing Maya Angelou and Melania Trump?  We truly live in Bizarro World.

15 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

As teased on Friday's show, Melania revealed why she wore the "I REALLY DON'T CARE" jacket:

“for the people and for the left-wing media who are criticizing me. And I want to show them that I don’t care.”

I bet she rehearsed that line numerous times before the question came up.

• Love 20

I wonder if Yvette's comment about Melania being a mistress is the reason why the videos are still not up on YouTube. She did say allegedly afterwards, which would probably help with lawyers, but that still isn't a reason to not post the videos. I don't get what's going on.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I wonder if Yvette's comment about Melania being a mistress is the reason why the videos are still not up on YouTube. She did say allegedly afterwards, which would probably help with lawyers, but that still isn't a reason to not post the videos. I don't get what's going on.

The response she sent to me on Twitter is no longer there.?

• Love 5
On 10/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, Tosia said:

Maya Angelou was raped and sexually abused as a child....and many times that leads to acting out sexually. I've  read all her books. This is why  Oprah bonded with her so strongly. ....the early rapes and abuse as a child that they had in common. I believe they both had babies very young.   I choose to see them as strong survivors. 

I wouldnt even deign to use the first lady's name in a sentence with those two heroes. The first lady was a model and mistress, and a plagiarizer of Michelle's speech.  She's doesn't care;  why should I?

MM needs to check herself. She has a case of raging hypocrisy, or astounding lack of self-awareness about her grief, drinking, ignorance, etc..... Seriously, how dumb is she?  

Yes this.

That said, what does it have to do with Meghan? I only saw the 2nd half of Friday's show. Did she bring up Angelou? I thought someone here inexplicably dragged her into this conversation.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:49 PM, Bronzedog said:

This is weird.  I’m watching the interview, although if you tell anyone I’ll deny it, but, anyway, I was just thinking that the reporter has a thing for her.

This was my thought while watching The View yesterday, particularly when his voice broke as he spoke of her. I recorded the interview last night and am watching it now. I came back to P.TV to say the same thing.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:28 AM, Morgalisa said:

The response she sent to me on Twitter is no longer there.?

On 10/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, Morgalisa said:

She just tweeted that people in "high" places are trying to silence her.

What was the gist of what she said to you? 

Edited by General Days
Corrected "Angelous" to "Angelou."
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Tosia said:

Not to mention that when Maya Angelou had the courage to tell her relatives about her sexual abuse and it led to certain members of her family taking vigilante justice and killing the man. Maya as a little girl, felt enormous guilt about her abuser's death, the trauma of that led to her to lose the ability to speak for over a year.  So, people comparing Maya Angelou and Melania need to get their facts straight.  We are living in bizarro world.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
19 hours ago, Former Nun said:

First Ladies should probably NOT pose nude.   I don't mind what Melania did before she did Donald Trump--and long before she was a First Lady.  I just don't want her or her husband to degrade women who have jobs that are legal in America and not that different from what Melania did as a single female.  Mum's the word, Mr. President and Mrs. Trump.

Well said.  That’s it in a nutshell!  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Kenz said:

And not to pile on poor Melania, but I it's funny for her to say to the press, don't pay attention to the clothes I wear, but to what I do. This from someone who wears a jacket that indicates she doesn't care when she visits a children's detention camp, wears a colonial outfit with a pith helmet, and she poses in Egypt with a cutesy Egyptian 1920's  archaeological movie type costume. "Be Best" Africa, while I preen for the camera!

She exists to have her photo taken.  That’s fine but let’s not pretend there’s anything deeper going on.  The outfits in Africa were ridiculous.  She can shop at Macy’s if she doesn’t want attention paid to her clothing. 

I think she’s really out of her depth.  I guess she does the best she can with what she has.

Edited by Tanichka
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I am concerned for YNB. Trump is vindictive and litigious and will send his team of attorneys after her if he chooses. He will also try to destroy her career. He has destroyed people for a perceived insult.

I had that very same inkling.  If they were smart, they would not do anything and let her fight her own battles.  Hah all of a sudden Carmela Soprano popped into my head.  Yes i agree Tom Llamas is feeling protective and proud to be asked to do the interview. Take it down a notch though. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Kenz said:

And not to pile on poor Melania, but I it's funny for her to say to the press, don't pay attention to the clothes I wear, but to what I do. This from someone who wears a jacket that indicates she doesn't care when she visits a children's detention camp, wears a colonial outfit with a pith helmet, and she poses in Egypt with a cutesy Egyptian 1920's  archaeological movie type costume. "Be Best" Africa, while I preen for the camera!

And someone who took her own photographer with her!  

• Love 11