Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Posting Thread

raven
Message added by raven

Just a friendly reminder - we'll leave this topic open for those of you staying up for Talking Dead.

Don't talk about previews or casting changes here, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, chick binewski said:

OK, show? That part was good. Conflict, sorrow, etc. Do more that.

1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Wow, I actually like how that turned out. That made a lot of sense. Oceanside has serious beef with the Saviors, and had the womanpower to handle this.

Yeah, from a story telling point of view, the show's doing something right here.  Shocking, I know.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Dang, I think Maggie and Darryl are going to let them do it.

No Exceptions.

That definitely sealed Arat's fate and triggered Maggie and Daryl.

Callback to that horrific night when Glenn and Abe were slaughtered.

• Love 9

Good resolution.  The writing is actually working for me this season in showing all the shades of gray in the fallout to All Out War.  Even if I think Rick and his everybody gets to live plan is proving every bit as dangerous as any other likely outcome.

• Love 7

They even did a good job of planting forensic clues. I didn't really think much about it, because anybody can have a pointy stick, but Oceanside has been well established as having the tools, the skills, and the motivation. Plus, they deserve this. Rick had one fucking job. Stop talkin to Negan and kill him! Until he figures out how to do that one job, no more action hero status for Rick!

• Love 8

Good on Oceanside!  It made me sick seeing that bitch Arat.  It's easy to change when you've caused so much suffering.  She killed Olivia like it was nothing. 

Rick is a fucking idiot for forcing together people who have so much bad blood between them.  I'm glad it was the women from Oceanside since Rick was so horrible to them.  I just hope he finds out it was them.

• Love 11

You know what? I think I just figured out my Halloween costume. A simple, old-fashioned ghost sheet, with some bandaging over one eye and a big silly Coral hat. And I'll carry a note around with me. Or possibly pudding.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5
Just now, CletusMusashi said:

Andrew Lincoln is hilarious. Can Rick's long-lost English twin join the show? 

He's always good in interviews.

Love the Judith actress nickname for him, Stinky Linky.

Rick, and now Carol, understand how hard peace is. Unlike Morgan, they're not saying all life is precious - they're saying every life is needed. I see a big difference in that. The living are hugely outnumbered by the dead; as the saying goes, "An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind." Or in this case revenge will lead to the extinction of humanity. I agree that Oceanside was justified in killing the Saviors who massacred their men and boys (and some moms, too). But that account is paid. At some point they have to band together for their own survival. I'm not saying they all have to sing Kumbayah, but they have to start pulling together. And yeah, I think killing Negan would help advance that. That's where the clean slate starts. And that's the final warning that everyone has to swallow their rage and start working towards a survival of our species.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

Merle held less of a grudge,  and when the time came he went out fighting for the good guys.

After he kidnapped Glen and Maggie.   Daryl wanted them both to accept Merle back.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, maystone said:

And yeah, I think killing Negan would help advance that. That's where the clean slate starts. And that's the final warning that everyone has to swallow their rage and start working towards a survival of our species.

This is the glaring plot point right here.  Negan should be dead and only isn't because the show twisted Carl and Rick around because the show doesn't want to give up Negan.  It sucks.

I generally agree with your points.   At some point, the killing has to stop otherwise you never get out of the circle of revenge. 

• Love 5

The night I don't play the game I get all 3 questions correct, figures. Oh well, another chance next week. I thought it was a great show. Lots of things happening. Turns out it was Oceanside, not the intro of the Whispers. Things will only get worse with the Saviors headed home to dead crops, and bad attitudes. 

Good Night and have a great week.

4 minutes ago, Primstone said:

Freddy Krueger, one of my favorite monsters, along with Vampires

I wonder , for Halloween in the ZA, would anyone dress up as a zombie? or would that be a too obvious of a costume?

Pretty dangerous costume in the za. Never know when someone might take you out. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

The night I don't play the game I get all 3 questions correct, figures. Oh well, another chance next week. I thought it was a great show. Lots of things happening. Turns out it was Oceanside, not the intro of the Whispers. Things will only get worse with the Saviors headed home to dead crops, and bad attitudes. 

Good Night and have a great week.

Pretty dangerous costume in the za. Never know when someone might take you out. 

Like Bill Murray in Zombieland 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, maystone said:

Rick, and now Carol, understand how hard peace is. Unlike Morgan, they're not saying all life is precious - they're saying every life is needed. I see a big difference in that. The living are hugely outnumbered by the dead; as the saying goes, "An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind." Or in this case revenge will lead to the extinction of humanity. I agree that Oceanside was justified in killing the Saviors who massacred their men and boys (and some moms, too). But that account is paid. At some point they have to band together for their own survival. I'm not saying they all have to sing Kumbayah, but they have to start pulling together. And yeah, I think killing Negan would help advance that. That's where the clean slate starts. And that's the final warning that everyone has to swallow their rage and start working towards a survival of our species.

I would have no problem with the show running with this if it was Woodbury. But the saviors were shown taking pleasure in their destructive actions. With the exception of the beleaguered Melon Drop Off guy, they enjoyed the terrorism. That kind of bloodlust is pretty much always irredeemable in real life; on a show like TWD it seems to me unbelievable and unwise.

I NEED those Hallmark ZA plushies!

• Love 4